ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV House of the Dragon (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=344493)

DJ's left nut 06-24-2024 03:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToxSocks (Post 17562271)
Ditto. Feels og GOT woulda rolled that head.....

This season has felt a little....PG, compared to other seasons.

Blood's death scene shoulda been more brutal. We shoulda seen homie's skull cave in. Kid's head shoulda rolled off....idk....seems like they're shying away from offensively violent and that's ****ing sad to see.

I think they actually told a lesser story in toning down the Blood and Cheese story as much as they did.

In that case, the violence isn't at all gratuitous. Omitting the 'choice' was simply done to tone down the horror of it all, IMO. And I think it makes worse.

staylor26 06-24-2024 03:10 PM

Spoiler!

Garcia Bronco 06-24-2024 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17562303)
Spoiler!

If they follow the book Daemon...hell all of them get bitched. Especially the fat pig blond queen.

ChiefsCountry 06-24-2024 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17561861)

Alicent and Rhaenyra
Spoiler!

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17561973)
Rhaenyra has some of the same Daenerys qualities that always made me hate her - "It's my right!" sorta stuff...

Which is, ultimately, human. I get that. But Rhaenys got pretty well screwed in her own right and just kinda dealt with it.

Alicent is funny though - she genuinely believes she's right and Viserys meant to put Aegon on the throne. But there's also some 'hearing what she wanted to hear' to that. She knew he was pretty much gone at that point.

Like you said, that's pretty much the point. There aren't any good guys are bad guys here. And GOT has pretty much done nothing BUT trade in moral ambiguity so that pretty much checks out.

Those two need to get naked more. We need some OG GoT in this shit.

Hammock Parties 06-24-2024 11:38 PM

eyepatch being rail thin with childhood trauma issues and working it out through intellectual whoring and wanton violence is just delicious

Dunerdr 06-25-2024 09:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToxSocks (Post 17562271)
Ditto. Feels og GOT woulda rolled that head.....

This season has felt a little....PG, compared to other seasons.

Blood's death scene shoulda been more brutal. We shoulda seen homie's skull cave in. Kid's head shoulda rolled off....idk....seems like they're shying away from offensively violent and that's ****ing sad to see.

The OG stuff had a stronger script to stick to because of the specifics in the books. This series has a lot more room and they aren't using the full extent of the leash theyve been given.

Discuss Thrower 06-25-2024 10:01 AM

I couldn't keep up with the duel,
Spoiler!

Hammock Parties 06-25-2024 10:38 AM

Spoiler!

ToxSocks 06-25-2024 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17563098)

Spoiler!

This is the way.

Pay attention to the wound on the top of the head. Wounded forehead is who takes a sword to the tits.

PatMahomesIsGod 06-25-2024 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 17563049)
I couldn't keep up with the duel,
Spoiler!

That’s what the replay showed but the showrunners say otherwise.

DJ's left nut 06-25-2024 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToxSocks (Post 17563103)
This is the way.

Pay attention to the wound on the top of the head. Wounded forehead is who takes a sword to the tits.

I was trying to track the dude who took the slash to the right leg (Good Erryk) but lost track of him.

I think the dude on bottom right before the kill shots was 'good Erryk' because the guy on top said "You broke us apart" or something like that. Would've made more sense for him to say that when Erryk helped Rhyneara escape and then fled with her.

And I think it was the dude on top that eventually got run through before bottom dude fell on his sword.

DJ's left nut 06-25-2024 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PatMahomesIsGod (Post 17563116)
That’s what the replay showed but the showrunners say otherwise.

According to the actors, Elliot (Erryk) ran his brother Lucas (assassin Arryk) through.

Then asked the queens forgiveness because he was killing himself (and thus depriving her of his continued service) out of guilt for killing his brother.

Okay. I can live with that.

ToxSocks 06-25-2024 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17563126)
I was trying to track the dude who took the slash to the right leg (Good Erryk) but lost track of him.

I think the dude on bottom right before the kill shots was 'good Erryk' because the guy on top said "You broke us apart" or something like that. Would've made more sense for him to say that when Erryk helped Rhyneara escape and then fled with her.

And I think it was the dude on top that eventually got run through before bottom dude fell on his sword.

See, i was tracking slash to the forehead and at one point slash to the forehead attacked the Queen. Which of course is confirmation that Slash to the forehead is Simp's assassin.

And it was Slash to the Forehead that took a Claymore to the tit.

Of course i could be totally wrong but that's how i remember it.

ThaVirus 06-25-2024 01:54 PM

I really enjoyed Otto in this episode. He was so done with Aegon and Ser Crispin’s shit lol

DJ's left nut 06-25-2024 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17563480)
I really enjoyed Otto in this episode. He was so done with Aegon and Ser Crispin’s shit lol

"Is that what happened..."

{chuckle}

That was the moment he clearly ran out of ****s to give.