ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   NFL Draft Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352575)

tredadda 03-04-2024 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 17426896)
So I will ask the question....are you saying that you are absolutely sure that Caleb Williams will become the next Patrick Mahomes (like we seem to see with every new crop of QB) or will he become the next Johnny Manziel?

Talent doesn't guarantee a winner....especially if the brain attached to it doesn't show the maturity to face the certain adversity that will come with the pressure of being the guaranteed #1 pick.

There is no way of knowing that, but he is far more talented than Manziel. If I am Chicago I would rather roll the dice with him and strike out than go with a “safer” pick and watch Williams ball out elsewhere. He doesn’t have to be the next Mahomes to make Chicago regret passing on him.

Sometimes players come into the league with maturity issues and grow out of them, but the talent is undeniable. A certain TE in KC comes to mind in that regard.

mr. tegu 03-04-2024 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 17426990)
But it is the one that everyone uses these days....sorry but that is just how it is.

I think if he gets to be the 7th best QB in his first hear then the Bears are right for taking him.

But if he is more Justin Fields redux or Kenny Pickett then everyone will jump on the failure bandwagon.

No question the capability is there...but does he have the mental make up to work past the pressure he will face.

Some have wilted with less pressure.

The comparison is made because of style of play and arm talent. You can separate that from he needs to be as good as Mahomes or he’s a failure. Regardless his college team’s record is irrelevant. Just like when the previous year the team went 11-3 that didn’t matter either.

The Franchise 03-04-2024 09:35 AM

The amount of guys whining about a dude painting his nails is hilarious.

Titty Meat 03-04-2024 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17427048)
The amount of guys whining about a dude painting his nails is hilarious.

I paint my nails & wear lipstick. I get more pussy than 3/4 of this thread

LoneWolf 03-04-2024 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rfaulk34 (Post 17427006)
Penix surprised me with how well he threw in his undies in Indy because i thought back to how badly he was missing guys on the biggest stage of his life in a real, championship football game.

Did you think back to how well he played against Texas in the Semi-Finals where he had almost an 80% completion rate, 400 yards , and 2 TDs? He didn't have his best game against Michigan. I think that entire Washington team was aware that Michigan was the better team and they were all pressing. Penix will learn from that game. He's been injury free for 2 seasons and he outplayed Caleb Williams this past season. I think he is an intriguing prospect and is going to surprise a lot of people at the next level.

ChiefsCountry 03-04-2024 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 17426920)
After watching the QBs throw at the combine, Chicago should draft Caleb Williams and then trade him to the Atlanta Falcons for the #8 pick and their next 2 first round picks. They could then draft Joe Alt at #8 and Michael Penix at #9. After watching Penix throw, I think he is this draft's CJ Stroud.

Penix is 24 years old. He is about the same age as Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields

crayzkirk 03-04-2024 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17426809)
He was thought to be a good pick. Nobody thoight it was some crazy pick. Just looks that way now.

Chiefs wanted Marino; drafted Blackledge because Mackovic wanted him. I never thought he got a real chance to succeed. At the time, the Chiefs were playing musical QBs with Kenney, Fuller and Blackledge. It was a mess. I think Todd/Page still hold the record for most yards in a single game by a Chiefs QB/WR combo.

Anyways, I've learned a lot about myself in this thread. Mostly about how old people like myself are supposed to think about race and painting fingernails.

BigRedChief 03-04-2024 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 17426236)
But the Bears and other teams at the top of the draft will have his medical records. So who cares?

No kidding. If you know that under any negative circumstances come up, you are still going in the top 5, just give it to them.

BigRedChief 03-04-2024 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crayzkirk (Post 17427066)
Chiefs wanted Marino; drafted Blackledge because Mackovic wanted him. I never thought he got a real chance to succeed. At the time, the Chiefs were playing musical QBs with Kenney, Fuller and Blackledge. It was a mess. I think Todd/Page still hold the record for most yards in a single game by a Chiefs QB/WR combo.

I'm getting old but my memory is that Todd had way too long of a leash. He should never have been picked. Allowed to start and or play so long and so many snaps. He is a shining example of the bad ole days.

Bowser 03-04-2024 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17427052)
I paint my nails & wear lipstick. I get more pussy than 3/4 of this thread

Postop cooch doesn't count

rfaulk34 03-04-2024 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 17427057)
Did you think back to how well he played against Texas in the Semi-Finals where he had almost an 80% completion rate, 400 yards , and 2 TDs? He didn't have his best game against Michigan. I think that entire Washington team was aware that Michigan was the better team and they were all pressing. Penix will learn from that game. He's been injury free for 2 seasons and he outplayed Caleb Williams this past season. I think he is an intriguing prospect and is going to surprise a lot of people at the next level.

Yeah. I was (am?) a Penix fan. I'm originally from Wash so i follow them so there's a bit of bitterness to my comment--along with a loathing of all things Hairball--so take it with a grain of salt. He really did catch my attention with his accuracy at the combine though.

LoneWolf 03-04-2024 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17427065)
Penix is 24 years old. He is about the same age as Trevor Lawrence and Justin Fields

And?

ChiefsCountry 03-04-2024 10:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 17427150)
And?

He is extremely old for a rookie. Those don't work out

Mosbonian 03-04-2024 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 17427045)
The comparison is made because of style of play and arm talent. You can separate that from he needs to be as good as Mahomes or he’s a failure. Regardless his college team’s record is irrelevant. Just like when the previous year the team went 11-3 that didn’t matter either.

Again....if he is the 7th best QB in the league the the Bears are right for picking him and he is not a failure.

Everyone was sure Tua was the next Mahomes....Trevor Lawrence was a generational talent....neither has lived up to expectations.

I'm saying that being a #1 pick carries a lot of pressure that some can't/won't handle well.

We will see how he does..

Mosbonian 03-04-2024 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17427038)
Sometimes players come into the league with maturity issues and grow out of them, but the talent is undeniable. A certain TE in KC comes to mind in that regard.

Strawman argument....there is a whole world of difference between the maturity level of a later round TE pick and the consensus #1 QB pick.

crayzkirk 03-04-2024 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17427084)
I'm getting old but my memory is that Todd had way too long of a leash. He should never have been picked. Allowed to start and or play so long and so many snaps. He is a shining example of the bad ole days.

Yeah, me too. I was 25 at the time Todd was drafted. I recall that he was yanked whenever something when wrong and the Kenney/Fuller merry-go-round installed. It was a disappointing time although there was never any trouble getting tickets, the parking was cheap and so was the beer.

LoneWolf 03-04-2024 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17427167)

You might want to tell Joe Burrow, Eli Manning, Phil Simms, Carson Palmer, Tony Eason, and Chad Pennington that.

Mecca 03-04-2024 11:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneWolf (Post 17427263)
You might want to tell Joe Burrow, Eli Manning, Phil Simms, Carson Palmer, Tony Eason, and Chad Pennington that.

Teams will overlook it when guys have the talent to go #1 overall..

But after that it gets sketchy and if your barometer for good pick is a couple of dudes that were basically game managers then hey whatever.

ToxSocks 03-04-2024 11:06 AM

Quote:

Man, you really had to go back in time for this comp, eh?

mr. tegu 03-04-2024 11:08 AM

Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust

Quote:

I would argue quite a few, if not all, on that list did not get much better after college.

Mecca 03-04-2024 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17427277)
Man, you really had to go back in time for this comp, eh?

And if Chad Pennington is one of those guys that's pretty ehhh.

LoneWolf 03-04-2024 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17427167)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17427274)
Teams will overlook it when guys have the talent to go #1 overall..

But after that it gets sketchy and if your barometer for good pick is a couple of dudes that were basically game managers then hey whatever.

The comment was "those don't work out." Not, "older rookie QBs that pan out are rare." I simply gave examples of older rookies 23 and up that worked out. Penix's last 2 seasons were awesome and better than anyone on that list with the exception of Joe Burrow's last season at LSU.

JohnnyHammersticks 03-28-2024 08:32 PM

Seriously. Not even ****ing around anymore. What in the hell is wrong with Gayleb Williams? Dress, pink fingernails, pink lip gloss, pink phone. And he's responding to the trolls who are obviously getting to him. If any one of these events happens and I'm a GM, I'm concerned. If all of them happen, no way in freaking hell am I drafting this fruitcake. #NTTAWWT

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-theme="dark"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pictured is the number 1 pick in the upcoming draft (NFL). <br>Name: Caleb Williams as see here W a pink phone, pink lip gloss and pink painted nails. <br>Woke idiologist have infected or destroyed literally everything...<br>Is this woke <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NFL</a>, DEI requirements or both? <a href="https://t.co/hfu7dVdmtd">pic.twitter.com/hfu7dVdmtd</a></p>&mdash; ⚓ Liberty Quahog ⚓ (@LibertyQuahog) <a href="https://twitter.com/LibertyQuahog/status/1773421562424615291?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 28, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Pablo 03-28-2024 08:33 PM

Michael Sam walked so Gayleb could run(with a buttplug in).

comochiefsfan 03-28-2024 08:35 PM

A group full of grown ass testosterone filled alpha males is not going to follow someone like that.

That’s not bigotry, that’s centuries of human sociology and behavior.

JohnnyHammersticks 03-28-2024 08:49 PM

More red flags than the CCP

The Franchise 03-28-2024 08:51 PM

A bunch of unathletic old ****s bitching about what a future #1 picks when it comes to style. Also how exactly is that woke or DEI, you ****ing reerun?

Red Dawg 03-28-2024 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks (Post 17461257)
Seriously. Not even ****ing around anymore. What in the hell is wrong with Gayleb Williams? Dress, pink fingernails, pink lip gloss, pink phone. And he's responding to the trolls who are obviously getting to him. If any one of these events happens and I'm a GM, I'm concerned. If all of them happen, no way in freaking hell am I drafting this fruitcake. #NTTAWWT

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-theme="dark"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Pictured is the number 1 pick in the upcoming draft (NFL). <br>Name: Caleb Williams as see here W a pink phone, pink lip gloss and pink painted nails. <br>Woke idiologist have infected or destroyed literally everything...<br>Is this woke <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NFL</a>, DEI requirements or both? <a href="https://t.co/hfu7dVdmtd">pic.twitter.com/hfu7dVdmtd</a></p>&mdash; ⚓ Liberty Quahog ⚓ (@LibertyQuahog) <a href="https://twitter.com/LibertyQuahog/status/1773421562424615291?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 28, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

He's gay. Cali is gay cz central and yes he will bust. His father and his attitude is pure money money money. He will not work hard.

BigRedChief 03-28-2024 08:56 PM

Quote:

that’s something new. Wonder how it goes over in that testasrtrone filled locker room?

Bl00dyBizkitz 03-28-2024 09:03 PM

Quote:

LOL.

This just makes it so much harder on him. Because if they aren't immediately successful and he struggles, sports media will bury him for all this fruity shit.

Chiefshrink 03-28-2024 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bl00dyBizkitz (Post 17461313)
LOL.

This just makes it so much harder on him. Because if they aren't immediately successful and he struggles, sports media will bury him for all this fruity shit.

He is Cam II but without the immediate success IMO. You wonder what kind of outfits he is going to wear pre and post game. And this little bit of transvestism is a pretty good hint his pre and post dress will be runway quality(MUST SEE !!) for sure !!:LOL::rolleyes:

JohnnyHammersticks 03-28-2024 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17461292)
A bunch of unathletic old ****s bitching about what a future #1 picks when it comes to style. Also how exactly is that woke or DEI, you ****ing reerun?

Sorry. Didn't realize you two were dating. My bad, sincerely.

Chiefshrink 03-28-2024 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17461292)

What brand of nail polish do you prefer?;)

Chiefshrink 03-28-2024 09:54 PM

Again, any grown man that goes into the stands and climbs up into his momma's lap and cries like a little baby because he lost a game, thus NOT being a real man and true captain of the team and NOT owning the loss taking accountability with the team afterwards IS A HUGE RED FLAG !!!

BigRedChief 03-28-2024 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 17461376)
Again, any grown man that goes into the stands and climbs up into his momma's lap and cries like a little baby because he lost a game, thus NOT being a real man and true captain of the team and NOT owning the loss taking accountability with the team afterwards IS A HUGE RED FLAG !!!

how do you come back from that? How do teams gamble with the first pick on him?

RealSNR 03-28-2024 10:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 17427173)

Everyone was sure Tua was the next Mahomes...

Lol literally nobody said that.

People say "the next Mahomes!" for any mobile QB with a rocket arm known for making the occasional jaw-dropping play. It's unjustified and frankly an insult to Patrick Mahomes, but there IS a QB type who gets that label.

Tua is/was NOT that type. Not in college. Not pre-draft. Not as a pro. He never was.

RealSNR 03-28-2024 10:02 PM

WTF is DEI?

ThyKingdomCome15 03-28-2024 10:09 PM

Second year on a row there's a weirdo QB.

RINGLEADER 03-28-2024 10:09 PM

I saw Williams play one time at USC and he did things I’ve only seen Mahomes do. Very small sample size, one game, but it was impressive. I can’t say it will translate to the NFL or if he can do the things Mahomes does consistently, but success or bust it will be fun to watch.

Hammock Parties 03-28-2024 10:11 PM

He's gonna have at least 10 people interview him and look him dead in the eyes and say ARE YOU GAY?

Why Not? 03-28-2024 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 17461391)
WTF is DEI?

Diversity, equality, and inclusion. I think

Why Not? 03-28-2024 10:14 PM

Oops. Wrong thread.

Chiefshrink 03-28-2024 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17461385)
how do you come back from that? How do teams gamble with the first pick on him?

You don't. Bears GM is in a tough spot. He can only hope Caleb's balls drop(grows up and plays good ball) but if they don't he will be criticized for taking him and not seeing the massive red flags everyone saw from the get go. IF he does pass on him he will be immediately criticized until Caleb fails with the team that took him. It would be cool to see the Bears take Daniels instead but that is not going to happen because of all the way over :wayne::wayne::wayne: Williams hype.:rolleyes:

UChieffyBugger 03-28-2024 10:25 PM

Joel Klatt was doing cartwheels over Caleb on The Herd today.

"He's the only QB I've evaluated who is elite at EVERYTHING!!..inside the pocket, outside the pocket, creativity etc"

"He's a better version than Mahomes was in college"

It's funny how these guys don't mention Caleb played with first round talent in his offense and Mahomes never did? It's funny how they don't mention that last season in the last seven games when he faced the better teams he only had two games with more than one passing TD?

Dude is barely six foot and hasn't demonstrated any consistency when it comes to playing on schedule.

But hey..Trevor Lawrence was "a better prospect than Mahomes" too apparently and it sure looks like it right now smh ROFL .

comochiefsfan 03-28-2024 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger (Post 17461421)

"He's the only QB I've evaluated who is elite at EVERYTHING!!..inside the pocket, outside the pocket, creativity etc"

"He's a better version that Mahomes was in college"

It's funny how these guys don't mention Caleb played with first round talent in his offense and Mahomes never did? It's funny how they don't mention that last season in the last seven games when he faced the better teams he only had two games with more than one passing TD?

Dude is barely six foot and hasn't demonstrated any consistency when it comes to playing on schedule.

But hey..Trevor Lawrence was "a better prospect than Mahomes" too apparently and it sure looks like it right now smh ROFL .

Joel Klatt also thought it was laughable to think that Mizzou could beat K-State last year.

The guy is a complete shill for any conference that has a TV deal with Fox and is probably the guy I take the least seriously in all of CFB media.

Bwana 03-28-2024 10:33 PM

This fruitcake is going to bust hard and it's going to be fun to watch.

RealSNR 03-28-2024 10:38 PM

Quote:

"He's a better version that Mahomes was in college"

All of these chumps who say shit like that about Mahomes as a prospect are just pissy that the talent was sitting there staring them right in the face and they whiffed on it because Big 12 scary or some stupid shit.

Mahomes had few turnovers. He wasn't some pick machine who needed to be entirely rebuilt. And many of the turnovers he had were because his team ****ing loses the game if he doesn't attempt them.

Klatt was never really anti-Mahomes, but all of this better prospect shit is dumb. Dollar General Fabio didn't do what Mahomes could do. The only thing he had going for him was QB wins in college, the most worthless goddamn stat ever when it comes to evaluating QBs in the draft.

Chiefshrink 03-28-2024 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 17461426)

Amen and Amen !!!

Rainbarrel 03-29-2024 04:28 AM

Joe Burrow opened the door...

:)

ThaVirus 03-29-2024 07:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17461301)
that’s something new. Wonder how it goes over in that testasrtrone filled locker room?

The new generation cares a lot less about this than you think.

Recently I’ve seen celebs like Drake, Bad Bunny, Chris Hemsworth and Jason Mamoa with painted nails. Chris Brown has been dying his hair pinks and light blues for years now. Guys have been wearing pink since I was in high school almost two decades ago.

It’s the wave.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 17461391)
WTF is DEI?

A new way for dipshits to say ****er and pillowbiter.

Quote:

But hey..Trevor Lawrence was "a better prospect than Mahomes" too apparently and it sure looks like it right now smh .

He’s the same height as Drew Brees.

And there were tons of college QBs who were better prospects than Mahomes. It’s OK to say that.

ThrobProng 03-29-2024 07:31 AM

If he doesn't grow up and do it fast, the NFL is going to chew him up and spit him out. Forget the nails and clothes...nonsense like wanting partial ownership of the team that drafts him and crying in the stands after a loss points to him being immature, entitled, an asshole, or all three. Even by professional athlete standards.

Regardless of his physical talent, he cannot be a leader of men when he is still a child.

Discuss Thrower 03-29-2024 07:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bwana (Post 17461426)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">legitimately think Caleb Williams is the first true Gen Z quarterback and everyone who is critical of his off-field behavior just doesn&#39;t understand how weird that generation is</p>&mdash; Jeremy (@JeromeyR0me) <a href="https://twitter.com/JeromeyR0me/status/1772671582709723475?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 26, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

RedinTexas 03-29-2024 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrobProng (Post 17461530)
If he doesn't grow up and do it fast, the NFL is going to chew him up and spit him out. Forget the nails and clothes...nonsense like wanting partial ownership of the team that drafts him and crying in the stands after a loss points to him being immature, entitled, an asshole, or all three. Even by professional athlete standards.

Regardless of his physical talent, he cannot be a leader of men when he is still a child.

Players in the NFL love to expose highly drafted rookies. Making them look stupid is just too much fun to pass up and that is just the other players on his own team. The players for other teams will be out to ruin his career. That's not a great environment in which to stand out as marching to the beat of your own drummer unless you are the real deal. So few are.

Mecca 03-29-2024 08:00 AM

Quote:

Who cares?

Like legit why would anyone give a flying **** about this?

notorious 03-29-2024 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17461541)
Who cares?

If I were deciding who to draft I would give a flying **** about this.

Mecca 03-29-2024 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17461544)
If I were deciding who to draft I would give a flying **** about this.

His phone case and fingernails have something to do with his ability to throw ball good?

ThrobProng 03-29-2024 08:10 AM

Quote:

Who cares?

The only people who should be concerned about it are those associated with the team that drafts him. That guy isn't going to effectively lead a roster full of alpha males.

Jerm 03-29-2024 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrobProng (Post 17461530)

The ownership stuff was debunked so we can quit talking about that and the crying thing? Who gives a ****...when Tebow did it on the sidelines all people said was "OMG WHAT A LEADER!!! LOOK HOW BAD HE WANTS IT!!!". Not one person questioned his ability to lead or anything.

There's this weird agenda with Caleb Williams and has been for a while now...I don't get it. Like saying him crying after a loss points to him being immature, entitles, or an asshole? That's ****ing stupid lol.

Mecca 03-29-2024 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThrobProng (Post 17461550)
The only people who should be concerned about it are those associated with the team that drafts him. That guy isn't going to effectively lead a roster full of alpha males.

I'm sure you know the guy well enough to evaluate him that way lol. In reality plenty of "alpha" QB's struggled to be good or lead anyone, no one can 100% answer this question if they could drafting QB's wouldn't be so hard.

Maybe he sucks maybe he doesn't, but painting his nails or having a pink phone case matters basically zero. Maybe it's a plus he is just himself or maybe it's not once again no one ****ing knows.

Mecca 03-29-2024 08:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 17461554)
The ownership stuff was debunked so we can quit talking about that and the crying thing? Who gives a ****...when Tebow did it on the sidelines all people said was "OMG WHAT A LEADER!!! LOOK HOW BAD HE WANTS IT!!!". Not one person questioned his ability to lead or anything.

There's this weird agenda with Caleb Williams and has been for a while now...I don't get it. Like saying him crying after a loss points to him being immature, entitles, or an asshole? That's ****ing stupid lol.

For some reason people don't like him and spin everything into how he sucks, it's weird.

tredadda 03-29-2024 08:24 AM

Caleb is a very highly regarded QB prospect with all the tools to not just succeed, but also be elite. If he succeeds no one will care about his nail color. If he fails it won't be because of his nail color or what color his phone case was.

Lzen 03-29-2024 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 17461428)
All of these chumps who say shit like that about Mahomes as a prospect are just pissy that the talent was sitting there staring them right in the face and they whiffed on it because Big 12 scary or some stupid shit.

Mahomes had few turnovers. He wasn't some pick machine who needed to be entirely rebuilt. And many of the turnovers he had were because his team ****ing loses the game if he doesn't attempt them.

Klatt was never really anti-Mahomes, but all of this better prospect shit is dumb. Dollar General Fabio didn't do what Mahomes could do. The only thing he had going for him was QB wins in college, the most worthless goddamn stat ever when it comes to evaluating QBs in the draft.

ROFLROFL

staylor26 03-29-2024 08:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17461560)
Caleb is a very highly regarded QB prospect with all the tools to not just succeed, but also be elite. If he succeeds no one will care about his nail color. If he fails it won't be because of his nail color or what color his phone case was.

Absolutely, people just have less patience for the quirky stuff if the play on the field isn't good. Just look at Russ.

ThrobProng 03-29-2024 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 17461554)

I haven't seen that the ownership comments have been debunked, only that NFL rules prevent players from acquiring ownership. He and his father definitely inquired about the possibility of an ownership stake.

Tebow was the worst starting NFL QB I've ever seen, and he comes across as light in the loafers despite his "All-American Christian boy" persona. He would've flamed out (no pun intended) even sooner were it not for his Bible-thumping following.

Yes, crying like a baby in your mommy's arms after a loss is immature and reeks of entitlement. Plenty of athletes shed tears on the field for a variety of reasons, which is perfectly normal, but bawling your eyes out because you lost is another thing entirely.

Can you imagine Mahomes doing that, even as a rookie? **** no you can't, because it would never happen. Mahomes has learned how to lose gracefully. Williams clearly hasn't, thus the grade school soccer team-style theatrics. Be a ****ing man and at least suck it up until you're in private.

Lzen 03-29-2024 08:32 AM

Quote:

Who cares?

If I were an owner about to invest a high draft pick and millions of dollars on this guy, I would be concerned about the guy's mental state. Things like this just point to having issues. I guess time will tell. Perhaps he will do okay and then you can come back and tell us how wrong we all were. But I'm betting that it's far more likely that this guy is a bust.

Mecca 03-29-2024 08:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17461567)
If I were an owner about to invest a high draft pick and millions of dollars on this guy, I would be concerned about the guy's mental state. Things like this just point to having issues. I guess time will tell. Perhaps he will do okay and then you can come back and tell us how wrong we all were. But I'm betting that it's far more likely that this guy is a bust.

Man going out on a limb there with the amount of QBs that bust. If he isn't any good it will have nothing to do with his fingernails or phone case.

The Franchise 03-29-2024 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 17461567)

His mental state because of the color of his nails and phone case? What does that have to do with his mental state?

Mecca 03-29-2024 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17461581)
His mental state because of the color of his nails and phone case? What does that have to do with his mental state?

Obviously if he likes pink he must be gay which means he's mentally ill according to some people that post here.

TwistedChief 03-29-2024 08:57 AM

All indications are his teammates love him and he’s also done really well in his team interviews.

That speaks more loudly than any of this stuff that people seem really keen to judge him on.

staylor26 03-29-2024 08:57 AM

It's pretty reeruned to think this has any impact on whether he will be good or not.

But the pearl clutching is a little much as well. How is this any different from making fun of Brady for kissing his son on the lips? Does anybody actually believe that makes him a bundle of sticks or pedo? It's mostly just jokes.

KCUnited 03-29-2024 08:57 AM

Rodman is in the HoF and played in Chicago

notorious 03-29-2024 08:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17461548)
His phone case and fingernails have something to do with his ability to throw ball good?

Good lord man.

What makes Mahomes great? It’s mental for ****s sakes.

It’s not just nails, look at all the other shit. The sum of its parts is what’s going to set up a colossal failure.

BigRedChief 03-29-2024 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17461519)
The new generation cares a lot less about this than you think.

Recently I’ve seen celebs like Drake, Bad Bunny, Chris Hemsworth and Jason Mamoa with painted nails. Chris Brown has been dying his hair pinks and light blues for years now. Guys have been wearing pink since I was in high school almost two decades ago.

It’s the wave.

I'm an old geezer these days. I had no idea this was a thing.
Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17461560)

I agree all this weird shit is just a side show but..... Going up into the stands and crying in your mom's arms publicly after a big loss says something about his maturity and decision making. Calls into question his toughness he will need to be an elite QB in the NFL.
Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17461592)
Good lord man.

It’s not just nails, look at all the other shit. The sum of its parts is what’s going to set up a colossal failure.

Yeah he's tough physically but its his mental toughness that elevatesd him into the GOAT conversation.

notorious 03-29-2024 09:01 AM

“People think he sucks because he paints his nails.”

/ignore the grocery list of failure and mental red flags he has produced

Jerm 03-29-2024 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17461592)
Good lord man.

What's "all the other shit"...?

I keep hearing this....that there's ALLLLL this stuff about Williams when in reality, there's nothing.

The only thing people bag on him for is the crying in the stands which is what ever.

notorious 03-29-2024 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 17461600)
What's "all the other shit"...?

I keep hearing this....that there's ALLLLL this stuff about Williams when in reality, there's nothing.

The only thing people bag on him for is the crying in the stands which is what ever.

Guess you haven’t read this thread.

The Franchise 03-29-2024 09:08 AM

This country has a real problem with dudes showing their emotions in public.

Jerm 03-29-2024 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 17461603)
Guess you haven’t read this thread.

Ah yes....so dumb shit that has zero effect on how he'll play or how his career will play out.

Gotcha.

I mean it's right up there with murdering someone...

It's over.

Mecca 03-29-2024 09:10 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Caleb Williams is slowly turning into one of my favorite personalities in Football <a href="https://t.co/HhX6MfnQCV">pic.twitter.com/HhX6MfnQCV</a></p>&mdash; The Mock Draft Guy ™️ (@MockDraftGuyYT) <a href="https://twitter.com/MockDraftGuyYT/status/1773692222149476558?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 29, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

UChieffyBugger 03-29-2024 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 17461519)

He’s the same height as Drew Brees.

And there were tons of college QBs who were better prospects than Mahomes. It’s OK to say that.

Lol yeah he's Brees's height but the issue is Caleb plays nothing like Drew. Teams are gonna have big DL guys stick their hands up and mess his vision up like they do to Russ and Kyler. So we'll see if he can deal with it.

And your second point misses the point I was making. Imo if QB 1 is surrounded by way more talent than QB 2 but both have similar stats then that should be considered. Caleb played with first round talent on his offense. Trevor played with multiple top class players too and so did Burrow etc. Put Pat in those situations and are those other QB's seen as better prospects? No chance.