ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352331)

Titty Meat 02-23-2024 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabergtobirden (Post 17415838)
dude explain why you are laughing? kansas city karens are the worst. no new airport, no public transportation, all i do is cry about parking/traffic. royals would kill at this spot and make way more tax revenue and help for the city. but nooo i'm so mad at how this will take away my favorite bar that opened up a year ago and will go away next year!!!

i love the diverseness/indie spirit of the crossroads as much as the next guy. and maybe a little bit of this goes away but it will really benefit all the breweries and the good local spots. will be way better for KC if this goes through.

TSC never developed and that's with 2 teams. They passed on the East Village because it would be hard to develop despite the slam dunk it would have been because they wouldn't have had to fight anybody about the land. What you are citing is a myth.

Again we haven't even seen a rendering of Arrowhead and that's just the tip of the ice berg. Very little details have been released and we vote again. This can fail and they can come back with an actual plan and vote again. Just like they did with the stadium renovations over 15 years ago

dabergtobirden 02-23-2024 11:00 PM

another funny thing about reading on social media and on here - most progressive/liberals don't like this bc they think it's hurting their spot - the crossroads. i'm super liberal on social issues but i understand how business works. there is this weird collaboration amongst the crazy left and dumb right that hates everything different that hates this.

Titty Meat 02-23-2024 11:05 PM

LIBERULS

dabergtobirden 02-23-2024 11:25 PM

and i think this like many things in internet era will end up like...yeah lots of outspoken voices were amplified by their social media presence...while most voters who aren't attention seekers will be like, hell yeah this is much better for my city and i'll silently vote for progress and bettering my community. again i know some of you have personal things and you are just looking out for your own.

dabergtobirden 02-24-2024 12:28 AM

again, kansas city karen titty meat....what are your objections to this locale?

i just wanna understand why people are opposed, the uber left i get from twitter/reddit they hate bc they are young idiots who don't know anything. but you i would think understand this city and how good it would be for us.

Titty Meat 02-24-2024 12:52 AM

Boy are you one lost S.O.B you'll fit in well with the KC voter base

HonestChieffan 02-24-2024 09:52 PM

$1 million bucks in a pot to promote the stadium pro-vote.

If the grift in this whole fiasco wasn't enough, Sly James gets the contract as promotor.

The payoffs to politicians come due....one mayor takes care of another.

Scam the taxpayers and lets play ball...

penguinz 02-24-2024 10:05 PM

A city built by corruption thrives on corruption.

BigRedChief 02-25-2024 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 17401295)
No tailgating and a much greater difficulty getting to the stadium seem like issues lots of normal people will care about. :shrug:

every new stadium doesn’t allow tailgating. It’s not cost effective. There’s no money being made. This trend is nation wide.

|Zach| 02-25-2024 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eleazar (Post 17401295)
No tailgating and a much greater difficulty getting to the stadium seem like issues lots of normal people will care about. :shrug:

I feel like that is not as big of deal for the Royals its always hot as **** not near the thing as it is for Arrowhead.

GloryDayz 03-21-2024 08:37 AM

Loooooong, but the man makes some good points. Coming from a dude who thinks baseball is a downtown sport. But he's right when he says "the team" is doing very little, nothing actually, to ensure that the Royals do the one thing they can do to ensure people attend games - have a team that can compete in their division and in the league - instead of essentially being a farm team for the league's teams who put their money where their mouth is when they talk about being winners.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sC43OfBQNPY?si=xGIlbh2IMroIuWdK" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

ChiefsCountry 03-21-2024 09:11 AM

The farm team for other teams? It's like people spew crap they know nothing about. Royals haven't been that in 15 years. It's more incompetent from drafting than spending money. They have kept every big player that have developed sans Hosmer, and they dodged a big bullet there.

GloryDayz 03-21-2024 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17452306)
The farm team for other teams? It's like people spew crap they know nothing about. Royals haven't been that in 15 years. It's more incompetent from drafting than spending money. They have kept every big player that have developed sans Hosmer, and they dodged a big bullet there.

LMAO More excuses for a 100-loss season.

But hey, I still think baseball is a downtown sport and the Royals should move downtown because of that.

And don't worry, it'll pass...

Red Dawg 03-21-2024 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dabergtobirden (Post 17415861)
another funny thing about reading on social media and on here - most progressive/liberals don't like this bc they think it's hurting their spot - the crossroads. i'm super liberal on social issues but i understand how business works. there is this weird collaboration amongst the crazy left and dumb right that hates everything different that hates this.

Super liberal on social issues? ****ing gross.

duncan_idaho 03-21-2024 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 17452312)
LMAO More excuses for a 100-loss season.

But hey, I still think baseball is a downtown sport and the Royals should move downtown because of that.

And don't worry, it'll pass...

It’s a complete bullshit talking point.

I mean claiming the Royals have been failing because they’re developing players and not keeping them.

The Royals have been bad not because they’re not paying to keep their own talent but instead because they’ve done a bad job of drafting and developing talent.

The new ownership team just made an enormous commitment to the great young player it had developed while also spending real money on free agents, and did that while the shit bag incompetents who bought the media rights were in such bad shape it was questionable if the team would even get that payout.

You can say a lot about the royals failures and be right, but claiming the Royals are a farm team for others is absolute ****ing bullshit that is 20 years out of date.

LagunaSWana 03-21-2024 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17416683)
every new stadium doesn’t allow tailgating. It’s not cost effective. There’s no money being made. This trend is nation wide.

SoFi allows tailgating.

Katipan 03-21-2024 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LagunaSWana (Post 17452337)
SoFi allows tailgating.

That's a Kroenke thing.
He has enough money.

dlphg9 03-21-2024 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 17452259)
Loooooong, but the man makes some good points. Coming from a dude who thinks baseball is a downtown sport. But he's right when he says "the team" is doing very little, nothing actually, to ensure that the Royals do the one thing they can do to ensure people attend games - have a team that can compete in their division and in the league - instead of essentially being a farm team for the league's teams who put their money where their mouth is when they talk about being winners.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/sC43OfBQNPY?si=xGIlbh2IMroIuWdK" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You're a ****ing idiot

Discuss Thrower 03-21-2024 10:33 AM

There is no rational reason to pony up over a billion in taxpayer dollars to fund a private endeavor that doesn't actually add to the local economy save for drastically fewer than 1,000 full time jobs 'created'. The logical vote is "no."

That being said, the temper tantrum from "certain" people if it passes will be ****ing delightful.

srvy 03-21-2024 10:37 AM

So apparently the royals architect called a news conference today at 11 am. They are going I am told to explain some things including how they will deal with parking.

I am unable to see that one did anyone catch it?

It has been said by Sherman there are easily 40,000 parking spots within the area of the proposed stadium. I would love to see where he is coming up with this figure.

Discuss Thrower 03-21-2024 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 17452401)
So apparently the royals architect called a news conference today at 11 am. They are going I am told to explain some things including how they will deal with parking.

It has been said by Sherman there are easily 40,000 parking spots within the area of the proposed stadium. I would love to see where he is coming up with this figure.

Parking is available but it definitely wouldn't be convenient for the average doofus.

LagunaSWana 03-21-2024 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 17452345)
That's a Kroenke thing.
He has enough money.

He doesn't own both teams that play there.

Bearcat 03-21-2024 11:01 AM

Quote:

Aren't there only like 25k spots at TSC anyway?

ntexascardfan 03-21-2024 11:11 AM

If this is anything like Coors Field in Denver then it'll provide a tremendous amount of revitalization to the area.

Katipan 03-21-2024 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LagunaSWana (Post 17452422)
He doesn't own both teams that play there.

The teams don't dictate whether there is tailgating.

HonestChieffan 03-21-2024 11:23 AM

Quote:

His high dollar ass wont have to walk through a shooting gallery to his car parked in the break in and steal your shit zone. So if you do, just watch yer 6 and walk fast

Bearcat 03-21-2024 11:34 AM

LMAO

GloryDayz 03-21-2024 11:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17452318)
It’s a complete bullshit talking point.

I mean claiming the Royals have been failing because they’re developing players and not keeping them.

The Royals have been bad not because they’re not paying to keep their own talent but instead because they’ve done a bad job of drafting and developing talent.

The new ownership team just made an enormous commitment to the great young player it had developed while also spending real money on free agents, and did that while the shit bag incompetents who bought the media rights were in such bad shape it was questionable if the team would even get that payout.

You can say a lot about the royals failures and be right, but claiming the Royals are a farm team for others is absolute ****ing bullshit that is 20 years out of date.

Fair enough, so let's wait a few years, at least two years, before we make this decision. Is that fair, or do we really need to make this decision now, seven years out? Three years ought to be enough time to figure out if they're truly committed to spending what to takes to get people who can see talent, the right group to develop those good recruits, and then keep them.

I think we're doing this vote way too early, and I'm not sure this owner is as committed to winning as you seem to think he is.

We shall see, but for now I'm a "no" vote...

GloryDayz 03-21-2024 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 17452397)
There is no rational reason to pony up over a billion in taxpayer dollars to fund a private endeavor that doesn't actually add to the local economy save for drastically fewer than 1,000 full time jobs 'created'. The logical vote is "no."

That being said, the temper tantrum from "certain" people if it passes will be ****ing delightful.

It'll pass, if not this go-round, one of the future go-rounds.

Mecca 03-21-2024 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17452314)

Red Dawg think's it's gross to not live in 1952.

Titty Meat 03-21-2024 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17452314)

That poster is a bot. The teams are spamming the internet trying to drum up support for their half baked plan

Bearcat 03-21-2024 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17452520)
That poster is a bot. The teams are spamming the internet trying to drum up support for their half baked plan

If you're saying a bot is less afraid of downtown KC, one way streets, and parking garages than the average Royals fan... that does make a lot of sense.

duncan_idaho 03-21-2024 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 17452453)
His high dollar ass wont have to walk through a shooting gallery to his car parked in the break in and steal your shit zone. So if you do, just watch yer 6 and walk fast

Oh, kindly shut the **** up with this bullshit.

The Power and Light and Crossroads areas aren’t anything like that. They’re not proposing people park east of Troost between 20th and 40th (which is the only area in KCMO that fits that description).

srvy 03-21-2024 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17452428)
Aren't there only like 25k spots at TSC anyway?

That sounds about right as far as paved parking. When you add in grassy areas which are uncountable that increases some of the parking area. And there are fully paved large area bus parking that are unstriped and uncountable.

Populous Architecture said earlier that 40000 parking spaces are available within 15 minute walking distance of the proposed new site. I would imagine they walked that back some today. They already had to somewhat weeks ago. They were asked if those were available anytime spaces. They admitted no but that they are usually open in evening and on weekends lol.

Mecca 03-21-2024 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17452550)

The Power and Light and Crossroads areas aren’t anything like that. They’re not proposing people park east of Troost between 20th and 40th (which is the only area in KCMO that fits that description).

You can really tell how many people never leave the burbs.

duncan_idaho 03-21-2024 12:16 PM

I’ll vote Yes. Despite being anti-billionaire and consistently voting with the folks that tend to oppose this type of effort the most.

Despite being a bigger fan of the East Village site (which would have helped further pull up that neighborhood). Still not sure what happened there (suspect the owner of the old Star printing building made the real estate purchases easier and cheaper).

The Royals aren’t staying at the current site. That option doesn’t exist. If this fails, they’ll move to a different county or different city all together.

I don’t like either idea.

Mecca 03-21-2024 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17452555)
I’ll vote Yes. Despite being anti-billionaire and consistently voting with the folks that tend to oppose this type of effort the most.

Despite being a bigger fan of the East Village site (which would have helped further pull up that neighborhood). Still not sure what happened there (suspect the owner of the old Star printing building made the real estate purchases easier and cheaper).

The Royals aren’t staying at the current site. That option doesn’t exist. If this fails, they’ll move to a different county or different city all together.

That's me, I'm not a fan of subsidizing billionaires but I also don't want to lose pro sports, it's a shit spot.

Fansy the Famous Bard 03-21-2024 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17452557)
That's me, I'm not a fan of subsidizing billionaires but I also don't want to lose pro sports, it's a shit spot.

which ultimately means we end up subsidizing billionaires.

Bearcat 03-21-2024 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 17452552)
That sounds about right as far as paved parking. When you add in grassy areas which are uncountable that increases some of the parking area. And there are fully paved large area bus parking that are unstriped and uncountable.

Populous Architecture said earlier that 40000 parking spaces are available within 15 minute walking distance of the proposed new site. I would imagine they walked that back some today. They already had to somewhat weeks ago. They were asked if those were available anytime spaces. They admitted no but that they are usually open in evening and on weekends lol.

Yeah, I know there are a ton of surface lots (whether they're available to the public or not), but that number does seem awfully high.

Seems strange they would quote a number that's so far off from what they actually need.... I mean, I know the dating scene in KC is kind of rough, but would expect some people to drive with SOs/spouses/family.

And then given the number of people terrified of downtown, there's a subset who will use the buddy system and drive together.

If the stadium seats only 35k, not sure why they just wouldn't use a realistic number for how many they need plus some.... parking won't be nearly as bad as some are saying, but needlessly lying like it's a parking lot mecca is dumb.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-21-2024 12:28 PM

Giving billionaires money they don't need to build a stadium in an unsafe cesspool or lose the team? Great options....

Bearcat 03-21-2024 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard (Post 17452570)
which ultimately means we end up subsidizing billionaires.

Yeah, it's one case where the end game may not be worth doing something on principle... sucks to be held by the balls to vote yes or else maybe lose the team, but the long game has to be considered.

One option is shitty... and the next option might be even shittier.

Pablo 03-21-2024 12:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17452575)
Giving billionaires money they don't need to build a stadium in an unsafe cesspool or lose the team? Great options....

You have to give them the money or you don't love KC. Jackson County will re-elect Mayor Q and Frank White too. They've never said no to a grifter.

Mecca 03-21-2024 12:35 PM

Still feel like the what the Chiefs want to do with that money is a total loser.

GloryDayz 03-21-2024 12:36 PM

Quote:

It's all good, and that's exactly what the billionaire is going to keep doing every few years. And I totally agree that the east village was better. I just wish it was going somewhere along the river.

Oh well, these folks didn't make their billions by being being dumb.

Bearcat 03-21-2024 12:37 PM

At least Arrowhead will always be in the safe, glamorous part of the city.

Titty Meat 03-21-2024 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17452550)

Downtown has plenty of car break ins

Mecca 03-21-2024 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17452593)
At least Arrowhead will always be in the safe, glamorous part of the city.

Nothing lights my pants on fire like going to Raytown and having a good bowl of Dixons diarheaa in a bowl and then I head off to Arrowhead where before and after the games I can watch people speed by on I70.

Mecca 03-21-2024 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17452594)

There are car break ins all over suburbia too in case you didn't know.

HonestChieffan 03-21-2024 12:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17452574)
Yeah, I know there are a ton of surface lots (whether they're available to the public or not), but that number does seem awfully high.

Seems strange they would quote a number that's so far off from what they actually need.... I mean, I know the dating scene in KC is kind of rough, but would expect some people to drive with SOs/spouses/family.

And then given the number of people terrified of downtown, there's a subset who will use the buddy system and drive together.

If the stadium seats only 35k, not sure why they just wouldn't use a realistic number for how many they need plus some.... parking won't be nearly as bad as some are saying, but needlessly lying like it's a parking lot mecca is dumb.

Like when they have a game no one will be using the 40000 available spots. Its a scam and a total grift.

Titty Meat 03-21-2024 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17452596)
There are car break ins all over suburbia too in case you didn't know.

I love this argument. You're trying to compare crime in KCMO to the suburbs.

https://crimegrade.org/property-crime-kansas-city-mo/

There ya go. Now copy and past some talking points

Pablo 03-21-2024 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17452603)

I assume dark green is good. Scary, scary suburbia north of the river. If the Royals don't get what they want they might move to Clay county and that is terrifying! You'd have to drive past downtown and over the river and everything.

Mecca 03-21-2024 12:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17452607)
I assume dark green is good. Scary, scary suburbia north of the river. If the Royals don't get what they want they might move to Clay county and that is terrifying! You'd have to drive past downtown and over the river and everything.

There is a non white man walking on my sidewalk the horror!

Bearcat 03-21-2024 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17452603)

Damn, some of these suburbanites probably drive through those red blotches in OP and NKC on the way to Costco... they're dodging bullets out there!

Titty Meat 03-21-2024 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17452609)

The funny thing is you live in independence. You have to live there because you can't afford anywhere else to live thats about as poor as it gets.

Mecca 03-21-2024 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17452612)
The funny thing is you live in independence. You have to live there because you can't afford anywhere else to live thats about as poor as it gets.

I live on the very very edge of Independence, I'm like a mile from blue springs cmon now. There's a huge difference in where I live and say Sterling.

Mecca 03-21-2024 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17452611)
Damn, some of these suburbanites probably drive through those red blotches in OP and NKC on the way to Costco... they're dodging bullets out there!

I can't wait to get a bulletproof vest that has a huge Kirkland logo on it.

Pablo 03-21-2024 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17452618)
I live on the very very edge of Independence, I'm like a mile from blue springs cmon now. There's a huge difference in where I live and say Sterling.

Whoa, you don't want to live in the heart of Independence? Are you racist or something?

Katipan 03-21-2024 12:55 PM

Are they really pitching a capacity of 35k? That's kind of sad.

Mecca 03-21-2024 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17452623)
Whoa, you don't want to live in the heart of Independence? Are you racist or something?

I mean at this point I might if it would lower my ****ing rent.

duncan_idaho 03-21-2024 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17452594)

He referred to it as a "shooting gallery" which is ****ing stupid.

Pablo 03-21-2024 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17452609)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17452626)
I mean at this point I might if it would lower my ****ing rent.

That's not how rent works bud, you gotta move deeper into the shithole and embrace those people referenced above.

Mecca 03-21-2024 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17452632)
That's not how rent works bud, you gotta move deeper into the shithole and embrace those people referenced above.

I was just more or less pointing out how what he said was stupid "you live there cause it's all you can afford" yea my rent payment says what?

ChiefsCountry 03-21-2024 01:01 PM

Quote:

Less infrastructure worries at the Crossroads and with Power & Light already there don't have to build another entertainment district. Can just build the stadium and the high rise.

Pablo 03-21-2024 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17452634)
I was just more or less pointing out how what he said was stupid "you live there cause it's all you can afford" yea my rent payment says what?

Investment groups have a strangle hold on the KC single family market. Rent will be ****ed forever more.

Hammock Parties 03-21-2024 01:12 PM

If you want to side with the communists at KC Tenants go right ahead.

Give the Clarks whatever they want or Gracie will be cutting way down on the cheesecake photos.

LIKE IT OR NOT YOU ARE A SERF AND LORD HUNT DEMANDS YOUR TRIBUTE

Pablo 03-21-2024 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17452651)

Give the Clarks whatever they want or Gracie will be cutting way down on the cheesecake photos.

I wish this was a vote to give the Clarks anything they want. They deserve it.

Instead it's tied into a loser franchise that's given the city like 3 seasons of happiness in 40 years.

Titty Meat 03-21-2024 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17452655)

Instead it's tied into a loser franchise that's given the city like 3 seasons of happiness in 40 years.

The loser Royals will have a new stadium before KC with some of the highest crime rates in the nation will have a jail. Speaks volumes about the rubes who live in this crime ridden shithole

HonestChieffan 03-21-2024 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17452655)

Soon as he gets new stadium he will sell it and cash big

Pablo 03-21-2024 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 17452673)
Soon as he gets new stadium he will sell it and cash big

Of course. He knows he's holding onto a walmart bag full of dogshit. Shove that dogshit into a Louis Vitton purse and laugh all the way to the bank.

Bearcat 03-21-2024 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HonestChieffan (Post 17452597)
Like when they have a game no one will be using the 40000 available spots. Its a scam and a total grift.

If people are voting no because they think they won't find a parking spot, then they're butt ****ing morons... who cares if someone says there are 40k spots. They're dumb and the Royals clearly don't need that many anyway.

Someone else has probably done more accurate math by now, but seems like split evenly across ~500k Jackson County adults, comes out to $100 per year or $4000 across 40 years.

End of the day, you add 8 bucks per month to whatever other costs are associated with watching the Royals... it's not a scam and definitely not a grift, you're literally voting on it.

And if your issue is handing over money to rich people, then I have some really bad news about life...

Mecca 03-21-2024 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 17452651)

You really gotta stop using the word communists so much.

Mecca 03-21-2024 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17452679)
Of course. He knows he's holding onto a walmart bag full of dogshit. Shove that dogshit into a Louis Vitton purse and laugh all the way to the bank.

If you take a look at Shermans personal worth, a metric shit ton of it is tied to the Royals, every bit of this speaks to a buy the team, get a stadium, sell it for double what he paid for it to bump up his wealth significantly.

Mecca 03-21-2024 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 17452680)
If people are voting no because they think they won't find a parking spot, then they're butt ****ing morons... who cares if someone says there are 40k spots. They're dumb and the Royals clearly don't need that many anyway.

Someone else has probably done more accurate math by now, but seems like split evenly across ~500k Jackson County adults, comes out to $100 per year or $4000 across 40 years.

End of the day, you add 8 bucks per month to whatever other costs are associated with watching the Royals... it's not a scam and definitely not a grift, you're literally voting on it.

And if your issue is handing over money to rich people, then I have some really bad news about life...

Is it that life sucks?

comochiefsfan 03-21-2024 01:29 PM

I’m not a Jackson County resident so this isn’t my fight.

But it does make me cringe when I see people online say dumb shit like “Vote No. Stay at the K.”

Like people understand that’s not an option right? The Royals will either get a new ballpark here or they will get it elsewhere.

This vote is basically, “Vote yes to have Major League Baseball in Kansas City. Vote no to get rid of it.”

Which, if people don’t want baseball here and are fine with losing the Royals then more power to them. I just hope everyone understands exactly what the stakes are.

Yeah it sucks to have to subsidize billionaires, but we don’t live in “Shouldland” we live in “Reality World” where unfortunately that’s the cost of having pro sports teams.

Losing pro sports would be incredibly costly to KC and the region and I think there is more value in being a pro sports city than the anti “sportsball” crowd would ever admit.

Think of how much money and name recognition and prestige the Chiefs have brought to KC in the last decade. It’s enormous and that’s something that’s hard to put a price on.

If I lived there, this would be an easy yes. But again, easy to say when it’s not my money.

Mecca 03-21-2024 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by comochiefsfan (Post 17452689)
I’m not a Jackson County resident so this isn’t my fight.

But it does make me cringe when I see people online say dumb shit like “Vote No. Stay at the K.”

Like people understand that’s not an option right? The Royals will either get a new ballpark here or they will get it elsewhere.

This vote is basically, “Vote yes to have Major League Baseball in Kansas City. Vote no to get rid of it.”

Which, if people don’t want baseball here and are fine with losing the Royals then more power to them. I just hope everyone understands exactly what the stakes are.

Yeah it sucks to have to subsidize billionaires, but we don’t live in “Shouldland” we live in “Reality World” where unfortunately that’s the cost of having pro sports teams.

Losing pro sports would be incredibly costly to KC and the region and I think there is more value in being a pro sports city than the anti “sportsball” crowd would ever admit.

Think of how much money and name recognition and prestige the Chiefs have brought to KC in the last decade. It’s enormous and that’s something that’s hard to put a price on.

If I lived there, this would be an easy yes. But again, easy to say when it’s not my money.

I think people do completely forget how ****ing old those stadiums are, Royals stadium is only behind Wrigley and Fenway for oldest stadium in the league, it is not a historical momument like those.

Pablo 03-21-2024 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17452685)
If you take a look at Shermans personal worth, a metric shit ton of it is tied to the Royals, every bit of this speaks to a buy the team, get a stadium, sell it for double what he paid for it to bump up his wealth significantly.

Yep. All the while losing an average of 100+ games/season.

And we are all so thankful for his ownership.

Bearcat 03-21-2024 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17452687)
Is it that life sucks?

Replace God with rich people and this basically covers it...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/P_p6WI4V8N8?si=boX-BpDJbhO7MQuH" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

GloryDayz 03-21-2024 01:45 PM

Why does this need to be decided seven years before the current deal is over, especially with so many details being, at best, unpublished?

KCUnited 03-21-2024 01:48 PM

Royals lost 100 games and Herm Edwards was the coach for the Chiefs the year the initial tax passed

Now yall getting tight with the purse strings?

Pablo 03-21-2024 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 17452717)
Why does this need to be decided seven years before the current deal is over, especially with so many details being, at best, unpublished?

It needs to be decided before they have another embarrassing season and the 2025 property taxes shoot up again.