ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Life My Struggles - Alcohol - and my plan. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324566)

KS Smitty 12-08-2019 10:56 PM

Glad you have a handle on things SR. Keep on keepin' on, that's the hardest part. XOXO

SuperBowl4 12-08-2019 10:57 PM

I'm having a Jameson and Dr. Pepper right now celebrating your sobriety.

TwistedChief 12-08-2019 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 14644971)
Still not a drop since August - just reporting in. This will be my last check in - as I don't want to whore for attention. But yeah... Feel free to let this drop down the thread index... It gets boring being sober all the time - but it's nice to be back in control.

Carry on my friends.

It's not boring at all for me to see that you are still staying sober. It's honestly empowering and I'm really proud of you.

eDave 12-08-2019 11:10 PM

Yea, keep posting and updating. It's no bother and we all feel better when you do. Lot's of support here. Lean on it.

kc rush 12-08-2019 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14645001)
Yea, keep posting and updating. It's no bother and we all feel better when you do. Lot's of support here. Lean on it.

This.

Stay the course man.

DaNewGuy 12-08-2019 11:57 PM

I'm on day 19 of sobriety. Keep on progressing red love ya

Simply Red 12-09-2019 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 14645064)

Thanks for all the above posts - and to this one - i'm proud of you - keep it going.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-09-2019 12:55 AM

Good job boo! And being in control is what it's all about.

GloryDayz 12-09-2019 07:12 AM

Quote:

Still not a drop since August - just reporting in. This will be my last check in - as I don't want to whore for attention. But yeah... Feel free to let this drop down the thread index... It gets boring being sober all the time - but it's nice to be back in control.

Carry on my friends.

**** letting it drop down Sir, this is awesome...

Congrats to you, and we're proud of you..

Naptown Chief 12-09-2019 07:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 14645064)

Congrats man! If you, or ANYONE else for that matter, needs somewhere to vent I'm just a PM away. The first few months were the hardest for me as I tried to figure out a routine, and which friends I needed to back away from, without a drink. Surround yourself with those that love you and always remember what it was that brought you to sobriety.

Best of luck brother.

GloryDayz 12-09-2019 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14645311)
Congrats man! If you, or ANYONE else for that matter, needs somewhere to vent I'm just a PM away. The first few months were the hardest for me as I tried to figure out a routine, and which friends I needed to back away from, without a drink. Surround yourself with those that love you and always remember what it was that brought you to sobriety.

Best of luck brother.

Quality and helpful post. And I 2nd his offer... For anybody needing to vent...

DaNewGuy 12-09-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14645311)

Best of luck brother.

Appreciate it so much bro also meant to thumb up your comment but ****ed up haha but again thanks for the support my guy

Cosmos 12-09-2019 11:29 AM

Wishing you continued strength thru the holidays and into the new year.

You’re opening up yourself to all that is good and bad these days with your sobriety.

Embrace it for what it is.

:thumb:

Titty Meat 12-09-2019 11:31 AM

Sorry I called you trashed the other night

FAX 12-09-2019 11:57 AM

Make sure you associate with persons who don't rely on alcohol for "fun", Mr. Simply Red. (There are a lot of them out there.)

Clear thinking isn't all it's cracked up to be, but it beats the alternative.

FAX

Graystoke 12-09-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Carry on my friends.

Keep on Keeping on SR!
You know, being sober isn't boring its REAL.
Wishing you the best

Naptown Chief 12-09-2019 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaNewGuy (Post 14645733)
Appreciate it so much bro also meant to thumb up your comment but ****ed up haha but again thanks for the support my guy

No worries man

Quote:

Originally Posted by FAX (Post 14645847)
Clear thinking isn't all it's cracked up to be, but it beats the alternative.

FAX

Certainly better than that stinkin' thinkin'

burt 12-09-2019 12:50 PM

Quote:

Carry on my friends.

Dude....you are a rock! Since I am still in recovery, I have so many meds that drinking isn't hard to avoid. Unfortunately, I need to wait to work out. NOT losing any weight, and really need to concentrate more on my diet. We are all quietly cheering for you! You are highly thought of here.

Titty Meat 12-10-2019 12:26 AM

Did you have any withdraws?

I went hard as **** Saturday (spoke to you on the phone lol) havent drank since then but I did some googling for my dry January and it says if you drink 15 drinks or more a week and quit cold turkey you can have seizures wtf. This freaks me the **** out. I dont need medical help or rehab as I feel I can quit when I need to but reading about these risks scares the **** out of me.

Simply Red 12-10-2019 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14647718)

I went hard as **** Saturday (spoke to you on the phone lol) havent drank since then but I did some googling for my dry January and it says if you drink 15 drinks or more a week and quit cold turkey you can have seizures wtf. This freaks me the **** out. I dont need medical help or rehab as I feel I can quit when I need to but reading about these risks scares the **** out of me.

I'm guessing by your age that that's a long shot - I wouldn't worry too much. About the most that'll happen to you is insomnia - I don't feel like you were to that point. I'm no expert - but i'd imagine that would take decade of drunkenness to get to that level of risks.

Naptown Chief 12-10-2019 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14647718)

I was also never physically dependant on alcohol, nor drugs.. I just couldn't stop once I started and always did stupid, stupid ****ing shit. I'd binge for days at a time and my hangovers would last 2-3 days sometimes.

I never had a seizure abruptly stopping, though I did witness my father seize from withdrawal. He was also 50-51 at the time and had YEARS of daily drinking. You should be fine, though if you're still concerned you could try tapering it down over the next couple of weeks?

Titty Meat 12-10-2019 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14647724)
I was also never physically dependant on alcohol, nor drugs.. I just couldn't stop once I started and always did stupid, stupid ****ing shit. I'd binge for days at a time and my hangovers would last 2-3 days sometimes.

I never had a seizure abruptly stopping, though I did witness my father seize from withdrawal. He was also 50-51 at the time and had YEARS of daily drinking. You should be fine, though if you're still concerned you could try tapering it down over the next couple of weeks?

I am. With the exception of a few times I haven't gone HARD meaning more than 10 drinks a night. It's more so 5 or 6 for 4 or 5 nights a week which is still alot. Saturday was a holiday party so yeah that was bad but the hangovers at this age suck now and I'm def not physically dependent I do it out of boredom. However from what I've read on several reddit threads none of that matters if you consume more than 15 drinks a week you are at risk once you go cold turkey.

I'd bet the majority of this board and half the country has about 15 drinks a week. Seems like a low standard.

Nickhead 12-10-2019 01:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14647731)
I am. With the exception of a few times I haven't gone HARD meaning more than 10 drinks a night. It's more so 5 or 6 for 4 or 5 nights a week which is still alot. Saturday was a holiday party so yeah that was bad but the hangovers at this age suck now and I'm def not physically dependent I do it out of boredom. However from what I've read on several reddit threads none of that matters if you consume more than 15 drinks a week you are at risk once you go cold turkey.

I'd bet the majority of this board and half the country has about 15 drinks a week. Seems like a low standard.

:D i don't touch the hard stuff, only beers (and bowls). it's all 'pain' 'management' for me :D

seriously though, if im not 'medicated' i cannot sleep thru the night with the aches. /breaks comment

good on ya SR for being self aware. you are a better man than i

Titty Meat 12-10-2019 01:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 14647739)
:D i don't touch the hard stuff, only beers (and bowls). it's all 'pain' 'management' for me :D

seriously though, if im not 'medicated' i cannot sleep thru the night with the aches. /breaks comment

good on ya SR for being self aware. you are a better man than i

Nothing wrong with the bowls. Look forward to getting my med card should put an end to the drinking :)

Rasputin 12-10-2019 04:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 14645001)

This because we care brother.

StockingAnarchy12 12-10-2019 04:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 14402657)
Guys,

I have to confess, I'm a huge alcoholic and always have been, I've been sober in increments of 5 years and one other time for ten years. I recently reflected on how much I have been/was consuming. I'm completely through this time. I just can't do it anymore. I'll be honest - after this last time, I'm lucky to even be here right now.

I love you guys and promise to each of you, this is the new beginning to my life and I'm completely done with drinking.

Thanks for the ear. If anyone else is struggling. Please feel free to chime in if you wish.

Thanks for being my friend you guys

Feel better.

My dad was an is still an alcoholic. He is in pretty bad shape. I know I am not a "friend", but understand this well.

Rasputin 12-10-2019 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StockingAnarchy12 (Post 14647791)
Feel better.

My dad was an is still an alcoholic. He is in pretty bad shape. I know I am not a "friend", but understand this well.

This is a good place to hang out and get to know people yeah we like to get pissy with each other but we're like a family and we can be very supportive indeed if you ever need to reach out.

I know it hits family members harder than anyone knows and that is what is so damaging that the alcoholic has blinders too but it's not fair game because alcohol poisons the mind and soul.

Hang in there bud.

StockingAnarchy12 12-10-2019 05:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14647796)
This is a good place to hang out and get to know people yeah we like to get pissy with each other but we're like a family and we can be very supportive indeed if you ever need to reach out.

I know it hits family members harder than anyone knows and that is what is so damaging that the alcoholic has blinders too but it's not fair game because alcohol poisons the mind and soul.

Hang in there bud.

I appreciate your kindness. I have a good online support base with my issues as I suffer from some mental health problems, but I fight everyday.

I know we are rival franchises, but I will be supportive of anyone who has demons or personal struggles. OP is definitely in a good place with all of you.

Rasputin 12-10-2019 05:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StockingAnarchy12 (Post 14647800)
I appreciate your kindness. I have a good online support base with my issues as I suffer from some mental health problems, but I fight everyday.

I know we are rival franchises, but I will be supportive of anyone who has demons or personal struggles. OP is definitely in a good place with all of you.

I actually work in a mental hospital lol. I can spot a psycho you don't seem like a psycho but mental health has many personalities and many forms of it takes it's toll on a person psych. At least there is help and support I'm proud of you for talking about it that helps others and by helping others you in return help yourself. That is a great gift.

LOCOChief 12-10-2019 05:57 AM

Keep it up SR, You've got a lot of people here pulling for you and I'm one of them.

Indian Chief 12-10-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 14647720)
I'm guessing by your age that that's a long shot - I wouldn't worry too much. About the most that'll happen to you is insomnia - I don't feel like you were to that point. I'm no expert - but i'd imagine that would take decade of drunkenness to get to that level of risks.

Doesn't take nearly that long. A year of drinking like that could put you in a position to require medical detox. Alcohol and benzodiazepines are the most dangerous substances to detox off of. The seizures are the biggest danger, but some people experience intense hallucinations. It's quite scary.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14647731)

If you have any doubts, talk to your PCP. Don't rely on Reddit. Your doctor can give you a straight answer about your specific circumstances.

rabblerouser 12-10-2019 11:48 PM

1 year drug and alcohol free on Dec 3

Simply Red 12-10-2019 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rabblerouser (Post 14649492)

Great bud!

J Diddy 12-11-2019 12:21 AM

I have to be honest I’m a drunk. Problem is I can’t envision life without it. It’s so Ingrained in my day to day.

Titty Meat 12-11-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by J Diddy (Post 14649519)
I have to be honest I’m a drunk. Problem is I can’t envision life without it. It’s so Ingrained in my day to day.

If you enjoy it and can live life without it restricting you is it bad? I

Titty Meat 12-11-2019 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 14649392)
Doesn't take nearly that long. A year of drinking like that could put you in a position to require medical detox. Alcohol and benzodiazepines are the most dangerous substances to detox off of. The seizures are the biggest danger, but some people experience intense hallucinations. It's quite scary.

If you have any doubts, talk to your PCP. Don't rely on Reddit. Your doctor can give you a straight answer about your specific circumstances.

I currently dont have a doctor however this past april I did. I wasnt 100% honest because my blood pressure was the lowest it's ever been without medication and anxiety was at a minimal. Infact she commented how great i was doing. I asked her if i subbed weed for alchol is that bad? She told me as long as i dont abuse it lol she believed it wouldbt be any worse for my anxiety.

cooper barrett 12-11-2019 01:08 AM

Please note:

Court ordered sobriety, weekly tested at RR's expense

Under...I would not brag about adhering to a court order...

when failing to do so is prison.

Quote:

Nickhead 12-11-2019 01:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 14649535)
Please note:

Court ordered sobrit, weekly tested at RR's expense

yeradik! :D

scho63 12-11-2019 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 14649392)

My crazy younger ex-girlfriend was drinking tons of wine and on benzo's our entire time together. The violence and rage she would get once she got drunk and the mood swing would begin was scary as ****. I spent a full month in fear for my life.

Getting away from her was the greatest thing I've done in the last 5 years.

The crazy bitch even sent me a fake obituary from the Washington Post in an email that she pretended came from her ex-husband. :eek:

Rasputin 12-11-2019 04:34 AM

Quote:

You have to want to quit if when you are ready or hit rock bottom, I hope you don't have to hit rock bottom to quit that's a hard climb out of. If you having a happy life I can't tell you what's right or wrong I've gotten back to enjoying a few myself and that is a scary thing for me. I think when i know my limit the next time the limit is a little more so will be the next time I know this but all I've ever done is be sober today and **** tomorrow or drink today and be ****ed tomorrow.

scho63 12-11-2019 05:07 AM

Quote:

Are you drinking everyday and getting drunk or just drinking everyday? :hmmm:

They are NOT the same....

I drink 5-7 days a week but I haven't been drunk in a very long time. I drink with my meal and it's usually one beer or two, a few glasses of wine and sometimes an after dinner drink. It's usually over the course of 1 1/2 hours or two.

I don't come home and pound a bottle of vodka or a case of beer or drink to get drunk. Just not worth the feeling at 56.

cooper barrett 12-11-2019 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nickhead (Post 14649538)
yeradik! :D

he's sober because he got busted PERIOD

Rasputin 12-11-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooper barrett (Post 14649595)

Busted or not it's not an easy task to stay clean and sober for an addict or drunk. Getting sober is one thing but to stay sober over a period of time is something you can't take credit away from a guy.

Indian Chief 12-11-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Plenty of people get busted and don't sober up. So there goes your baseless theory.

GloryDayz 12-11-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

:clap:

Good for you...

GloryDayz 12-11-2019 07:50 AM

Quote:

Please note:

Meh, there are a lot of things done, and not done, because of the court system.

Naptown Chief 12-11-2019 08:10 AM

Quote:

That's awesome bro. Keep at it.

Quote:

Please note:

Go **** yourself.

Quote:

See above note.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 14649639)
Plenty of people get busted and don't sober up. So there goes your baseless theory.

This. The fact is he's been clean/sober for a year. Who gives a **** about what it was that got him there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14649646)
Meh, there are a lot of things done, and not done, because of the court system.

Also this

Dartgod 12-11-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Please note:

No reason to be a dick about a milestone accomplishment. Since you have nothing positive to offer to this thread, I'm sure you won't mind that you will no longer be able to post in it?

Hog's Gone Fishin 12-11-2019 08:52 AM

Meh, I made it from Aug 18th until Thanksgiving. Evenings are just too boring without a few beers. I don't drink during the day,I just wait until I'm done with all responsibilities and it's time to relax, I'll put in another effort after we win the SB. Hope that comes this season.

burt 12-11-2019 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 14649581)

I don't come home and pound a bottle of vodka or a case of beer or drink to get drunk. Just not worth the feeling at 56.

My problem was that I VERY seldom have hang overs. I could drink a half a handle of Tequila, and be frisky and at work at 8:30 the next day. BUT...it jacks your health up and that's most probably why I have the health issues I have.

Hang overs are natures way of sayin, "Um, pal, you messing us up...?"

saphojunkie 12-11-2019 11:50 AM

I did a thirty day detox last January that my friend recommended. No dairy, soy, gluten, corn, sugar, coffee or ALCOHOL.

I actually loved it. The biggest problem for sure was boredom but man I got so much done. And lost 27 pounds in 30 days. Kept it off, too.

Doing it again this year, just a great way to start things off.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-12-2019 05:49 AM

Yep, it's time to rape Cooper's asshole again.

kczoo 12-12-2019 06:59 AM

Great Job!

I had an opioid addiction; Hydrocodone....nothing illegal, all prescribed for years. The day came when I moved and changed Doctors. New doc obviously wouldn’t provide so I quit cold turkey...no choice. GOD I WAS AN ASSHOLE FOR 3 weeks!! I am better for it. Never even missed it. DAMN MY BACK IS KILLING ME NOW!!

Simply Red 12-12-2019 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kczoo (Post 14651251)
I had an opioid addiction; Hydrocodone....nothing illegal, all prescribed for years. The day came when I moved and changed Doctors. New doc obviously wouldn’t provide so I quit cold turkey...no choice. GOD I WAS AN ASSHOLE FOR 3 weeks!! I am better for it. Never even missed it. DAMN MY BACK IS KILLING ME NOW!!

:clap:

No matter what - KEEP IT UP!

Naptown Chief 12-12-2019 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kczoo (Post 14651251)

I'm actually tapering off of hydrocodone now. I was hurt at work 3/2017 and was taking 60-80mg a day. I started tapering back in July and have gotten myself down to 5mg. This morning I skipped my pill (I cut a bunch of 5s in half) and think I'm just going to skip tonight too so I can FINALLY be rid of this crap. Kudos to you and anyone else that has gone cold turkey off dope. Cutting 5mg every week or two was miserable enough..

I switched to MMJ back in September and it seems to help more than those pills ever did.

burt 12-12-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14651301)
I'm actually tapering off of hydrocodone now. I was hurt at work 3/2017 and was taking 60-80mg a day. I started tapering back in July and have gotten myself down to 5mg. This morning I skipped my pill (I cut a bunch of 5s in half) and think I'm just going to skip tonight too so I can FINALLY be rid of this crap. Kudos to you and anyone else that has gone cold turkey off dope. Cutting 5mg every week or two was miserable enough..

I switched to MMJ back in September and it seems to help more than those pills ever did.

Doesn't Hydro....stop you up? I couldn't poop for days!

Pasta Little Brioni 12-12-2019 09:39 AM

"Watches she thinks my Patrick's sexy"....never drinks again

burt 12-12-2019 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 14651392)
"Watches she thinks my Patrick's sexy"....never drinks again

I have a new found appreciation of Clay....but I haven't watched it, nor do I think I will. But good for Clay!

Naptown Chief 12-12-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 14651386)
Doesn't Hydro....stop you up? I couldn't poop for days!

Oh yeah.. I ate senakote like it was candy for 2.5 years ROFL

burt 12-12-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14651444)
Oh yeah.. I ate senakote like it was candy for 2.5 years ROFL

I got off that shit quick for that reason. I have a large street value of oxys and hydros. No, I am not looking to "move" them.

Rasputin 12-26-2019 10:55 AM

Just checking in with you for the holidays Simply Red God Bless here's a song for you.

<iframe width="641" height="481" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/hjNgJ4QyzCc" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rasputin 12-26-2019 11:00 AM

I'm perplexed why is it so hard not to want to drink sometimes?

MahiMike 12-26-2019 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC Tattoo (Post 14677697)
I'm perplexed why is it so hard not to want to drink sometimes?

Hmmm really?

Rasputin 12-26-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahiMike (Post 14677707)
Hmmm really?

Why is it so hard not to want to drink when i don't want to drink but want to drink?

Reerun_KC 12-26-2019 11:46 AM

11/22/19

Last day I’ve drank.

Lost 6 lbs and feel so much better

LiveSteam 12-26-2019 11:49 AM

Its hard to stop, if everyone you run with, is doing it.

Rasputin 12-26-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiveSteam (Post 14677731)
Its hard to stop, if everyone you run with, is doing it.

I drink alone when I drink i prefer to drink by myself yeah with nobody else.

Rasputin 12-26-2019 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14677726)
11/22/19

Last day I’ve drank.

Lost 6 lbs and feel so much better

That's awesomeness :thumb:

TLO 12-26-2019 12:09 PM

Mr. Simply Red is busy with many exciting endeavors, but I saw your inquiry and spoke with him moments ago.

He's doing well, and says "thank you" for asking.

scho63 12-26-2019 12:18 PM

Alcohol is part of my life: I drink a Martini or wine with dinner and sometimes an after dinner drink but I don't get drunk; I like to drink beers with the guys after golf; I'll drink 3-4 Oban's or Macallan while smoking 2 cigars over the course of 2-3 hours.

I don't just drink alcohol on it's own just to get drunk or a buzz and I haven't gone to a nightclub in 15-20 years where you do only drink. Those days are over.....

Naptown Chief 12-26-2019 02:54 PM

I took my final pain pill 12/13 and went the next day to drop off the rest of them at the local police station (there's a drop box specifically for narcotics).

****, man, opioid withdrawal sucks.. I'm no longer nauseous or having diarrhea, but at what point does the muscle/joint pain cease? When I've googled opioid withdrawal it says 5-7 days. I'm on day 13 and it hasn't relented at all

TwistedChief 12-26-2019 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naptown Chief (Post 14677928)
I took my final pain pill 12/13 and went the next day to drop off the rest of them at the local police station (there's a drop box specifically for narcotics).

****, man, opioid withdrawal sucks.. I'm no longer nauseous or having diarrhea, but at what point does the muscle/joint pain cease? When I've googled opioid withdrawal it says 5-7 days. I'm on day 13 and it hasn't relented at all

Sending you good vibes and lots of love, brother.

And just remember - our defense hasn’t given up more than 3pts in a game since 12/13. If that’s possible, virtually anything is.

You can do it!

Naptown Chief 12-26-2019 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TwistedChief (Post 14677992)
Sending you good vibes and lots of love, brother.

And just remember - our defense hasn’t given up more than 3pts in a game since 12/13. If that’s possible, virtually anything is.

You can do it!

Are you saying that if I stay off this shit we're winning the Superbowl?!?!?!? I see an obvious connection between the two.

Thanks bro. Now if you'd also send that MVP jacket... :)

TLO 12-26-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14677750)
Mr. Simply Red is busy with many exciting endeavors, but I saw your inquiry and spoke with him moments ago.

He's doing well, and says "thank you" for asking.

Why the downvote, seclark?

TLO 12-26-2019 05:42 PM

Quote:

I've been down this road - twice.

What were you taking/how much daily?

58-4ever 12-26-2019 05:46 PM

I don't want to talk about it publicly, but I am starting something tomorrow that will require a lot of positive energy... Hope you all continue down your intended paths.

Naptown Chief 12-26-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14678092)
I've been down this road - twice.

What were you taking/how much daily?

80mg hydrocodone (2x 10mg 4x daily) and off/on 8mg Dilaudid 2-3x day after surgeries or on the REALLY bad days. I started tapering in late July or early August.

Naptown Chief 12-26-2019 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 58-4ever (Post 14678096)
I don't want to talk about it publicly, but I am starting something tomorrow that will require a lot of positive energy... Hope you all continue down your intended paths.

Good luck brother. There's a number of us here (I'm sure) willing to help out, in any capacity possible, if you need the support

New World Order 12-26-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 14678089)
Why the downvote, seclark?

I'm going to counter that with an awesome upvote!

New World Order 12-26-2019 06:27 PM

Quote:

That's great man. It's probably been a long journey for you with your back (iirc) and the meds that you pretty much absolutely had to take because of the injury.

I hope you continue in your recovery.