ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322513)

Mecca 05-01-2019 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14243713)
Is Thor hanging around

If any of the old guard returns, he's the most likely. He's basically said he'll play the character for as long as they'll let him and honestly outside of the MCU he's been in basically terrible movies.

Hammock Parties 05-01-2019 06:51 AM

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...f5&oe=5D658EB0

Gravedigger 05-01-2019 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14245205)

If the lightsaber stays at the same home, did it really ever get passed on?

sully1983 05-01-2019 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14245318)
If the lightsaber stays at the same home, did it really ever get passed on?

Ha good point. Also, Disney owns the Avatar franchise as well . JFC they are too powerful . :eek:

O.city 05-01-2019 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 14244999)
1) I loved the Professor Hulk until the final battle. He basically wasn't in it. The whole reason to look forward to a professor Hulk is to see what Banner would do differently in battle while in control. Banner could have trained with Cap those 5 years and whomped some ass. Instead they nerfed their two most powerful characters.

2) I love what they did with Cap and Tony. Tony's character comes full circle and him doing what he has to do to be ready to sacrifice himself (have a child, make amends with his father, have the opportunity) actually does validate Dr. Strange's actions. I was worried about this but Doc Strange was right.

The only part I didn't like was I see no way Cap could live through all the f'ed up things in world history from 1950-2010 and just hide or stay on the sidelines. That's just not Cap. Would cap stand down and just let Hydra run Shield/US intelligence for 50 years?

3) I understand divergent timelines and how their time travel works but they still ****ed it all up. By "Endgame Rules" they still created multiple new timelines with Loki, Cap, and removing Gamora/Nebula being killed or ripped from time.

If the Ruso's were around to explain it all I'd have faith, but they're done.

4) I was on board with a Black Widow movie but never really cared one way or the other until I saw her basically take over for Fury. It actually makes sense (she's also a super spy) and by midway through Endgame I was pumped to see a Black Widow/Ronin movie.

So much for that.

This is some of my issues. I loved it, but the whole time travel thing is always going to **** up timelines I think.

Cap stayed in the old days, but the other Cap was still in the ice and went thru everything this cap did or was that now changed?

All the other movies still stand technically, but time travel is always so hard to do. I wish they could have gone another way.

Danguardace 05-01-2019 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14242527)
Hulk and Thor ruined Endgame.

What a huge disappointment.

This movie could have been 100x better than it was.

The joke was fat people are funny. Unfortunately reminded me of Shallow Hall.

arrowheadnation 05-01-2019 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14245374)
This is some of my issues. I loved it, but the whole time travel thing is always going to **** up timelines I think.

Cap stayed in the old days, but the other Cap was still in the ice and went thru everything this cap did or was that now changed?

All the other movies still stand technically, but time travel is always so hard to do. I wish they could have gone another way.

By going with the separate realities method, this allows them to have all of their different Disney+ TV shows each not effect the other or the movies....sort of a cop-out, but it makes sense because then you don't have to keep track of as many things. However, I really hope they don't do this and they have them all exist in the same reality so they can crossover at times. Right now we know there is going to be a Loki show, a Scarlet Witch and Vision show, and the Falcon and Winter Soldier show (with a possibility of a Hawkeye show as well) all starring the original actors.

Chiefspants 05-01-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14245374)

The Russos strongly hinted that if Chris Evans ever wants to return, there may be some alt-timeline Cap stories to tell.

JD10367 05-01-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14245613)
The Russos strongly hinted that if Chris Evans ever wants to return, there may be some alt-timeline Cap stories to tell.

Going by how Endgame portrays time travel, going to the past in your reality doesn't alter your reality but instead sends the reality you went to on a different timeline. So, for example, if you went back and killed Hitler, you would create an alternate Hitler-free reality but returning to your time you'd still find Hitler in the history books.

Now, Cap going back to the 40s/50s (judging by the car in the last scene) creates an interesting alternate reality because a) that act creates a different reality for that version of Earth and b) it doesn't even disturb the Cap from that reality because he's still in the ice. (Although he'll be pissed to wake up and find out he's been frozen for most of a century and an alt-Cap came back and spent 50 years ****ing his sweetheart.) So that Cap could feel free to **** with that reality's Hydra as much or as little as he pleased, because it only changes that reality and not his. I doubt Cap could stand by and not mess with Hydra but, judging by his ability to return to his reality as an old man, apparently he made it through safe and sound.

JD10367 05-01-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14245154)
If any of the old guard returns, he's the most likely. He's basically said he'll play the character for as long as they'll let him and honestly outside of the MCU he's been in basically terrible movies.

"Cabin In The Woods" begs to differ.

JD10367 05-01-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 14245346)
Ha good point. Also, Disney owns the Avatar franchise as well . JFC they are too powerful . :eek:

In August of 2009 they bought Marvel for $4B... and some people wondered if that was too much.

Just the 22 main MCU films have grossed $20B worldwide.

If I had some Pym particles, I'd go back to the 80s and buy as much Disney stock as I could afford.

MarkDavis'Haircut 05-01-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14245205)

I hope Kennedy took notes on how to run a successful franchise.

O.city 05-01-2019 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14245613)

But what timeline would that be?

Would it be the one they defeated Thanos in, or the one he went and stayed in? Although I guess technically they would be the same?

**** i'm dumb.

O.city 05-01-2019 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 14245738)
Going by how Endgame portrays time travel, going to the past in your reality doesn't alter your reality but instead sends the reality you went to on a different timeline. So, for example, if you went back and killed Hitler, you would create an alternate Hitler-free reality but returning to your time you'd still find Hitler in the history books.

Now, Cap going back to the 40s/50s (judging by the car in the last scene) creates an interesting alternate reality because a) that act creates a different reality for that version of Earth and b) it doesn't even disturb the Cap from that reality because he's still in the ice. (Although he'll be pissed to wake up and find out he's been frozen for most of a century and an alt-Cap came back and spent 50 years ****ing his sweetheart.) So that Cap could feel free to **** with that reality's Hydra as much or as little as he pleased, because it only changes that reality and not his. I doubt Cap could stand by and not mess with Hydra but, judging by his ability to return to his reality as an old man, apparently he made it through safe and sound.

But you're going back to your own reality just at a different time.

Skyy God 05-01-2019 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 14245743)

Which was shot way back in 2009.

WhawhaWhat 05-01-2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14245785)
But what timeline would that be?

Would it be the one they defeated Thanos in, or the one he went and stayed in? Although I guess technically they would be the same?

**** i'm dumb.

Falcon goes back in time to get the Captain America that never came back and then they jump to the present. Fighting commences. Captain America goes back in time to where they pulled him from and Peggy Carter never notices he's gone.

-King- 05-01-2019 05:02 PM

Watched it yesterday. Not a bad movie but I had a headache trying to keep myself awake. Too long and boring.

Kman34 05-01-2019 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14246494)
Watched it yesterday. Not a bad movie but I had a headache trying to keep myself awake. Too long and boring.

Maybe movie theaters aren’t for you...

Sassy Squatch 05-01-2019 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 14246577)

Nah, I kind of get where he's coming from. Avengers being depressed and the Quantom Realm itself both got rather tedious. The payoff more than made up for it, though.

Sure-Oz 05-01-2019 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 14245743)

He was good in Rush as well. That said I expect him to be in phase 4

Chiefspants 05-01-2019 10:54 PM

Quote:

This is exactly what the Russo’s implied. That he stayed in that reality and it was a new one from the universe we’ve seen. Also implied that it could be “revisited”.

Makes me think Evans might have indicated he’d be “open” to returning after a certain amount of time. This ending gives Marvel the flexibility to say goodbye to his character or return to it since he’d be in a different universe.

A noir Cap or a 1970’s espionage movie vs Hydra with Peggy and Howard does sound wonderful.

O.city 05-02-2019 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14247135)
This is exactly what the Russo’s implied. That he stayed in that reality and it was a new one from the universe we’ve seen. Also implied that it could be “revisited”.

Makes me think Evans might have indicated he’d be “open” to returning after a certain amount of time. This ending gives Marvel the flexibility to say goodbye to his character or return to it since he’d be in a different universe.

A noir Cap or a 1970’s espionage movie vs Hydra with Peggy and Howard does sound wonderful.

But if he stayed in a different universe, how was he there at the end as an old man?

Are we thinking the old man Cap was actually him coming back from said other universe to the current one via the quantum realm?

O.city 05-02-2019 07:39 AM

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aveng...oilers-a168050

RunKC 05-02-2019 07:41 AM

I’ve got the whole movie on a Chinese website (movie is in English btw) if anyone wants it.

Sassy Squatch 05-02-2019 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14247413)
I’ve got the whole movie on a Chinese website (movie is in English btw) if anyone wants it.

Hmm. Maybe for research purposes.

O.city 05-02-2019 07:44 AM

So I've been wrapping my head around the timeline stuff and I think I've got it figured.

Going back to get the stones didn't change the current timeline, but created a new timeline in that old setting from that point on. Ok, i'm dense but I think that's right?

Sassy Squatch 05-02-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14247413)

https://www.playerattack.com/imagery...n-computer.jpg

RunKC 05-02-2019 08:53 AM

Here it is savages..

DaFace 05-02-2019 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14247420)
So I've been wrapping my head around the timeline stuff and I think I've got it figured.

Going back to get the stones didn't change the current timeline, but created a new timeline in that old setting from that point on. Ok, i'm dense but I think that's right?

Correct.

O.city 05-02-2019 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14247550)
Correct.

Ok, makes sense.

So, when Cap is sitting on the bench as an old man, did he actually come back from the previous timeline to that point?

DaFace 05-02-2019 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14247555)
Ok, makes sense.

So, when Cap is sitting on the bench as an old man, did he actually come back from the previous timeline to that point?

Yep. He went back, spent life with Carter in a different timeline, then eventually "warped" back to the "prime" timeline. It sounds like they're leaving the door open to tell some stories from Cap's time in the "past" at some point.

O.city 05-02-2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14247578)
Yep. He went back, spent life with Carter in a different timeline, then eventually "warped" back to the "prime" timeline. It sounds like they're leaving the door open to tell some stories from Cap's time in the "past" at some point.

I would guess in the past he did things a lot different seeing as he had so much more knowledge about Shield, Redskull, etc.

Would be interesting to hear.

Theoretically, in his previous timeline Black Widow would still be alive and well too. Hell, i'm wondering why he would even want to come back. He could have stopped all the things that lead to the Avengers but that would have left his new timeline unable to stop Thanos, so maybe that's when he decided to pull the cord and come back to this reality.

LOL.

Fish 05-02-2019 09:20 AM

https://i.imgur.com/dn1Wd7n.jpg

O.city 05-02-2019 09:23 AM

I could have watched another 30 minutes of just Cap returning all the stones. Especially the soul stone. That one would have been interesting.

DaFace 05-02-2019 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14247598)
I could have watched another 30 minutes of just Cap returning all the stones. Especially the soul stone. That one would have been interesting.

I had wondered about that, but I think you can explain how he'd do it pretty easily. Basically, the space stone can let him teleport just about anywhere, so he pretty much just needs to use that one to return the ones that are off earth and then return the space stone itself toward the end. Mission accomplished.

I'd definitely be curious to see how it went down though. If they ever do get him to come back, that could almost be a movie in and of itself.

O.city 05-02-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14247634)
I had wondered about that, but I think you can explain how he'd do it pretty easily. Basically, the space stone can let him teleport just about anywhere, so he pretty much just needs to use that one to return the ones that are off earth and then return the space stone itself toward the end. Mission accomplished.

I'd definitely be curious to see how it went down though. If they ever do get him to come back, that could almost be a movie in and of itself.

I was meaning more because of who was there giving "instructions" about the soul stone.

But it seems the quantum realm allows them to travel around to different places pretty easily.

Chiefspants 05-02-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14247634)

I think that's what led to the Russos talking about Cap in that alt-timeline. It was a question about how Cap's interaction would go with Red Skull.

Tribal Warfare 05-02-2019 12:50 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Exactly 11 years ago to this day, audiences were first introduced to <a href="https://twitter.com/RobertDowneyJr?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@RobertDowneyJr</a>&#39;s IRON MAN in the film’s theatrical opening, and thus began the ever-expanding Marvel Cinematic Universe... <a href="https://t.co/I0Q8oQeV0N">pic.twitter.com/I0Q8oQeV0N</a></p>&mdash; MCU Direct (@MCU_Direct) <a href="https://twitter.com/MCU_Direct/status/1123935174519996416?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 2, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Tribal Warfare 05-02-2019 03:09 PM

https://www.comicbookmovie.com/aveng...oilers-a168125

Rausch 05-02-2019 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14247598)

Not as interesting as him having to "stuff" the ether back into Natalie Portman...:eek:

-King- 05-03-2019 12:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 14246577)

Meh it was 2 hrs of uneventful shit and an hr of exciting shit that we've seen before (avengers fighting a large generic army).

BigRedChief 05-03-2019 07:04 PM

Quote:

thats the only way time travel is possible as we currently understand according to Einstein’s theory. But, that speed faster than light is not possible either. So who knows?

BigRedChief 05-03-2019 07:10 PM

Disney is printing money like a government.

As THR reports, Avengers: Endgame has already made $1.785 billion in its first week of release, easily giving it the fifth spot on this historic list. That pushes the 2015 film Jurassic World and its $1.764.3 billion down to sixth. The new total comes after a Thursday earning of $121.4 million globally, a total that most movies would kill for on an opening weekend let alone a Thursday night.

JD10367 05-03-2019 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 14249876)
Not as interesting as him having to "stuff" the ether back into Natalie Portman...:eek:

I'd like to stuff my ether into her...

Deberg_1990 05-03-2019 08:18 PM

This movie made me go back and watch THOR the Dark World again. Thats how good it was.

Too bad they never brought back Darcy again....

Sorry 05-03-2019 08:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -King- (Post 14249962)
Meh it was 2 hrs of uneventful shit and an hr of exciting shit that we've seen before (avengers fighting a large generic army).

Sorry the only thing that excite you is explosion s mister 5 sec man

Sure-Oz 05-04-2019 08:23 AM

New Spiderman trailer coming Monday. Heard it will have a spoiler warning prior to it since it'll have Endgame spoilers in it

Sassy Squatch 05-04-2019 08:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14251943)
New Spiderman trailer coming Monday. Heard it will have a spoiler warning prior to it since it'll have Endgame spoilers in it

Probably about Stark dying and why he just wants to be an ordinary kid at the beginning of the movie.

Sure-Oz 05-04-2019 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14251981)
Probably about Stark dying and why he just wants to be an ordinary kid at the beginning of the movie.

Yeah I'm sure it's likely mentioning the aftermath of EG losing iron man

TambaBerry 05-04-2019 06:43 PM

Finally saw this today. It was really good

RunKC 05-04-2019 10:02 PM

It was good, but IMO Infinity War was a much better movie.

Hammock Parties 05-05-2019 02:35 AM

https://offtopic.com/attachments/dai...0-5-jpg.17223/

RunKC 05-05-2019 11:46 AM

I selfishly wanted this to happen again so badly. Would have been amazing.

https://media.giphy.com/media/TrxnQIWWCGUAo/giphy.gif

One of my favorite moments in MCU history

Hammock Parties 05-05-2019 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14253519)
I selfishly wanted this to happen again so badly. Would have been amazing.

https://media.giphy.com/media/TrxnQIWWCGUAo/giphy.gif

One of my favorite moments in MCU history

Would have been a hell of a lot cooler than OMG WE'RE WOMEN LOOK AT US EVERYBODY DUCK LIPS

TambaBerry 05-05-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14253770)
Would have been a hell of a lot cooler than OMG WE'RE WOMEN LOOK AT US EVERYBODY DUCK LIPS

Lmao I laughed at that part

sully1983 05-05-2019 06:11 PM

What its doing at the box office is INSANE! Has now outgrossed Titanic (and it only took 2 weeks):eek: .

Deberg_1990 05-05-2019 06:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 14254020)
What its doing at the box office is INSANE! Has now outgrossed Titanic (and it only took 2 weeks):eek: .

Agree. But you have to remember ticket prices were a lot less 22 years ago.

I wish they would go by actual number of tickets sold. But they never will because that wouldn’t be as spectacular.

Whatever the measures, It’s a monster success.

BigCatDaddy 05-05-2019 08:37 PM

I was hoping for a surprise Wolverine appearance :(
Not one of Marvels best films but a solid way to end it IMO. For sure could have done much more with it though especially with Hulk.

keg in kc 05-05-2019 08:50 PM

Over 2 billion in 11 days. ****ing insane. Like a quarter of the time it took Avatar.

-King- 05-06-2019 06:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sorry (Post 14251564)
Sorry the only thing that excite you is explosion s mister 5 sec man

ROFL I love how this is always the response when someone says they found a movie boring or slow.

Especially when talking about a marvel movie.

Rausch 05-06-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Well apparently that's the whole next phase so...

lawrenceRaider 05-06-2019 08:59 AM

The more I think about Professor Hulk, the more the way they ended up portraying him sucks. I guess it was all about Tony Stark though in the end, and they didn't want Hulk stealing the show, again.

DaFace 05-06-2019 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14254701)
The more I think about Professor Hulk, the more the way they ended up portraying him sucks. I guess it was all about Tony Stark though in the end, and they didn't want Hulk stealing the show, again.

Yeah, that's the most glaring issue in an otherwise really solid show for me. I just wish that he could kind of swing between Hulk and Banner at will rather than being just Banner with a big green body.

Direckshun 05-06-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14254701)

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14254706)
Yeah, that's the most glaring issue in an otherwise really solid show for me. I just wish that he could kind of swing between Hulk and Banner at will rather than being just Banner with a big green body.

I actually don't mind it, as I think it's a sensible conclusion to the Ruffalo arc, but they didn't really transition it very well from Infinity Wars.

It went straight from "two consciousnesses sharing the same body" to "Banner now just runs Hulk's body" with not a ton of explanation.

I like the development, personally, but I'm a Marvel homer. I just wish they had explained it a bit more thoroughly.

Even though this was a 3.5 hour movie.

Direckshun 05-06-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

LMAO

The resident Incel has spoken.

Truth be told, I got goosebumps at that moment knowing that Clay was in another theater somewhere pissed off that women got a scene.

DaFace 05-06-2019 11:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14254914)
I actually don't mind it, as I think it's a sensible conclusion to the Ruffalo arc, but they didn't really transition it very well from Infinity Wars.

It went straight from "two consciousnesses sharing the same body" to "Banner now just runs Hulk's body" with not a ton of explanation.

I like the development, personally, but I'm a Marvel homer. I just wish they had explained it a bit more thoroughly.

But doesn't the lack of "Hulk" feel...sad...to you? He was a character in the series separate from Banner and, arguably, was even more important than Banner himself. I just feel like we basically saw Hulk die offscreen to be replaced by Banner taking his powers, and that's a huge bummer.

To put it another way, it seems like "Hulk SMASH" isn't a thing anymore, and that sucks.

Direckshun 05-06-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14253003)
It was good, but IMO Infinity War was a much better movie.

I agree -- Infinity War had the cleaner narrative.

But I don't think I've ever seen a movie have bigger balls than this one.

The shit they tried in this movie is just unthinkable. What an explosion of creativity, and a very good way to end Phase 3.

Fish 05-06-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14254922)
But doesn't the lack of "Hulk" feel...sad...to you? He was a character in the series separate from Banner and, arguably, was even more important than Banner himself. I just feel like we basically saw Hulk die offscreen to be replaced by Banner taking his powers, and that's a huge bummer.

Exactly the way it felt to me.

Direckshun 05-06-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

I'd feel pretty lousy if they couldn't fill the void. I don't need the same characters to inspire me over and over again. I think they filled the Hulk void and then some in Endgame.

In particular, having Ruffalo just hang out in Hulk's physique was played with in so many comical ways. And we did get a cameo from the real Hulk as he bitched about going down the stairs. lmao

I do agree with you that Hulk's true character was unceremoniously dumped in this film as Banner seemingly assimilates him, and was done so without explanation. But you have to make narrative sacrifices in a film this big, don't you?

Direckshun 05-06-2019 11:17 AM

Quote:

To put it another way, it seems like "Hulk SMASH" isn't a thing anymore, and that sucks.

True. We did get a little Ant Man and Captain Marvel smash, though, which was surprisingly entertaining.

They don't quite have the id-satisfying recklessness of Hulk, though. Totally agree.

Direckshun 05-06-2019 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14251514)
This movie made me go back and watch THOR the Dark World again. Thats how good it was.

Too bad they never brought back Darcy again....

The biggest sin of the MCU was never doing more with Kat Dennings.

C'mon now, Marvel. I wouldn't even care if they gave us Dennings as Squirrel Girl. I can live with that continuity issue.

Amnorix 05-06-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Yes, and I HATED it, but I think his character arc isn't done. It's clear that as of Endgame, Hulk CAN'T FIGHT. I mean, he goes to New York and is like, pushing a car around, and trying to figure out how to do the HULK SMASH thing, but Banner isn't about that. He's too cool-headed, rational, logical, etc. to be an effective fighter, despite the muscles.

I can't imagine that that lasts. He needs to find a happy medium. Let the 4 year old temper tantrum guy have his "hand on the wheel" at least a little bit when the time is right (to borrow his own description from Ragnarok).

Because this isn't Hulk, it's "Banner with big muscles who sucks in a fight". Can't imagine his story is complete with that as the end point.

lawrenceRaider 05-06-2019 01:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14254914)

No need to explain it, just don't have Professor Hulk be a nerdier/dorkier/narcissist version of Banner.

lawrenceRaider 05-06-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amnorix (Post 14255020)
Yes, and I HATED it, but I think his character arc isn't done. It's clear that as of Endgame, Hulk CAN'T FIGHT. I mean, he goes to New York and is like, pushing a car around, and trying to figure out how to do the HULK SMASH thing, but Banner isn't about that. He's too cool-headed, rational, logical, etc. to be an effective fighter, despite the muscles.

I can't imagine that that lasts. He needs to find a happy medium. Let the 4 year old temper tantrum guy have his "hand on the wheel" at least a little bit when the time is right (to borrow his own description from Ragnarok).

Because this isn't Hulk, it's "Banner with big muscles who sucks in a fight". Can't imagine his story is complete with that as the end point.

I also don't remember Professor Hulk being useless in a fight from the Comics. Another aspect that I didn't care for.

RunKC 05-06-2019 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14254928)
I agree -- Infinity War had the cleaner narrative.

But I don't think I've ever seen a movie have bigger balls than this one.

The shit they tried in this movie is just unthinkable. What an explosion of creativity, and a very good way to end Phase 3.

I don’t really agree. They did time travel, which has been done by so many other movies.

Before Infinity War I didn’t think it would be possible to have that many characters together in 1 movie and have it written that well with a good flow.

I think Infinity War was the best combination of funniest, most entertaining and best written movie in the MCU.

Direckshun 05-06-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14255171)
I also don't remember Professor Hulk being useless in a fight from the Comics. Another aspect that I didn't care for.

That's simply not the case. Hulk was charging in with everyone else at the end.

Direckshun 05-06-2019 02:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14255209)
I don’t really agree. They did time travel, which has been done by so many other movies.

Before Infinity War I didn’t think it would be possible to have that many characters together in 1 movie and have it written that well with a good flow.

I think Infinity War was the best combination of funniest, most entertaining and best written movie in the MCU.

I don't disagree too much with the last sentence -- though I think Civil War was better.

But I think the Endgame time travel was more creative than just about any other time travel movie I've seen, and they had Oscar winning actors bobbing in and out with very little contribution. Natalie Portman was brought in to stroll across the floor. Swinton steals the scenes both times she's on screen. Samuel L. Jackson just glares. Loki's on screen three times and I'm not even sure he says anything.

And, of course, it ends the arcs of Cap, Romanov, and Stark, which is way ballsier than Infinity Wars threatening to end Gamora and actually ending Vision. Just one of the ballsiest movies I've ever seen, I think.

Anyway, we're just arguing favorites here.

Kman34 05-06-2019 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14255171)

The part I was looking forward to was Hulk getting over his fear of Thanos and kicking his ass.. instead we got a one armed Hulk fighting behind the scenes..

Direckshun 05-06-2019 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 14255265)
The part I was looking forward to was Hulk getting over his fear of Thanos and kicking his ass.. instead we got a one armed Hulk fighting behind the scenes..

Per the directors, Hulk was not scared of Thanos.

Per the directors, he didn't just want to be rolled out to play hero, then rolled back into Banner again. He was seeking a better balance.

In Ragnarok, one attempt at that was just taking over Banner and imprisoning him. But then Banner rolls him out again to fight Thanos at the start of Infinity War, and from there he just refuses to come out for a battle anymore.

In Endgame, he apparently found a resolution that involved assimilating into Banner.

Deberg_1990 05-06-2019 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 14255262)

But I think the Endgame time travel was more creative than just about any other time travel movie I've seen, and they had Oscar winning actors bobbing in and out with very little contribution. Natalie Portman was brought in to stroll across the floor. Swinton steals the scenes both times she's on screen. Samuel L. Jackson just glares. Loki's on screen three times and I'm not even sure he says anything

Oh and don’t forget Robert Redford and Michael Douglas just casually stroll across the screen

Great stuff