ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Star Wars: The Mandalorian (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317951)

Buehler445 12-17-2019 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14661554)
The whole pacifist Mandalorian angle they're working right now came off kinda weird in that last episode.

You mean not killing those other fools he left in the jail cell? Yeah. I was surprised to see that. He did nuke the station.

notorious 12-17-2019 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14662285)
You mean not killing those other fools he left in the jail cell? Yeah. I was surprised to see that. He did nuke the station.

That was 10000% done for future story plots. The scum he locked in the cell will escape and chase him across the galaxy.

Tribal Warfare 12-17-2019 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14662308)
That was 10000% done for future story plots. The scum he locked in the cell will escape and chase him across the galaxy.

More screen time for Clancy Brown

Frazod 12-17-2019 04:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 14661554)
The whole pacifist Mandalorian angle they're working right now came off kinda weird in that last episode.

It could just be a result of Baby Yoda having a passive (or perhaps not passive) influence on his overall attitude. From what psycho Twilek girl said, we can deduce that Mando has gleefully embraced his dark side in the past. Maybe creeping regret plus newly awakened paternal instincts are really starting to soften him. Which would definitely be a Disney thing to do.

I agree with Guru, though, that the last couple of episodes were a touch repetitive. Mando gets ****ed over by everybody he goes into business with. Yeah, we get it.

Buehler445 12-17-2019 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 14662555)
It could just be a result of Baby Yoda having a passive (or perhaps not passive) influence on his overall attitude. From what psycho Twilek girl said, we can deduce that Mando has gleefully embraced his dark side in the past. Maybe creeping regret plus newly awakened paternal instincts are really starting to soften him. Which would definitely be a Disney thing to do.

I agree with Guru, though, that the last couple of episodes were a touch repetitive. Mando gets ****ed over by everybody he goes into business with. Yeah, we get it.

Eh, I think it's more he's desperate, because he can't do anything at all associated with the guild or the new republic, so he does shit with this wierdo and then when that blows up on him he goes to people that hate him.

BigRedChief 12-17-2019 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14662308)

Bill Burr in season 2?:hmmm:

unlurking 12-18-2019 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14663047)
Bill Burr in season 2?:hmmm:

I'm assuming most of the episodic guest stars will reappear in season 2. Either as mission partners, clients, or enemies. Season 1 just seems to be universe building, which is fine with me.

BigRedChief 12-18-2019 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by unlurking (Post 14663292)
I'm assuming most of the episodic guest stars will reappear in season 2. Either as mission partners, clients, or enemies. Season 1 just seems to be universe building, which is fine with me.

I listen to his podcast sometimes. Seen his act live. He's a funny guy. Never saw him act. Looks like he can play a sarcastic asshole as good as anyone on TV.

Buehler445 12-18-2019 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14663366)
I listen to his podcast sometimes. Seen his act live. He's a funny guy. Never saw him act. Looks like he can play a sarcastic asshole as good as anyone on TV.

IMO, he's the funniest guy in the comedy business at the moment.

I didn't expect him to have such a big part. I thought he equated himself well.

BigRedChief 12-18-2019 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14663371)

Listened to his podcast while on a plane and he talked about the grief he's getting for dropping baby yoda. ROFL

Buehler445 12-18-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14663390)
Listened to his podcast while on a plane and he talked about the grief he's getting for dropping baby yoda. ROFL

ROFL

That sounds very Bill Burr.

WhawhaWhat 12-18-2019 11:14 AM

Quote:

He was good on Breaking Bad.

DaneMcCloud 12-18-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Bill Burr has been a frequent guest of Conan O'Brien over the years and some of his best bits are available on YouTube, which can be ridiculously hysterical. At times, he's as funny as Dave Chappelle, especially in a casual setting like a Talk Show.

He has several Stand Up shows on Netflix and for the most part, they're good to great although a bit uneven at times. I really like his animated Netflix show, F is For Family, especially Seasons 1 and 3. I didn't connect much with Season 2 but I am excited for Season 4.

He's a Top 3 comic today, IMO, and he's a better actor than one would expect.

SuperChief 12-18-2019 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14663636)
Bill Burr has been a frequent guest of Conan O'Brien over the years and some of his best bits are available on YouTube, which can be ridiculously hysterical. At times, he's as funny as Dave Chappelle, especially in a casual setting like a Talk Show.

He has several Stand Up shows on Netflix and for the most part, they're good to great although a bit uneven at times. I really like his animated Netflix show, F is For Family, especially Seasons 1 and 3. I didn't connect much with Season 2 but I am excited for Season 4.

He's a Top 3 comic today, IMO, and he's a better actor than one would expect.

I read some random Tweet today about "...seeing Bill Burr in Star Wars makes me believe there has to be some sort of Space Boston." Made me chuckle ROFL

Baby Lee 12-18-2019 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14663371)

Louie and Norm are still funnier. I like Bill, but he can let his premises get a little flabby and coast on his irascibility. He's more of a Southie version of Louis Black. He's upper echelon, but 'best' is a hard title to grab.

Actually, in terms of understanding comedy and natural ability, the above mentioned Conan continues to impress. His podcast showcases him as someone astoundingly quick on his feet. I don't know that he writes a set as well as the best, but in conversation he's up there nearing Norm.

Now, that said, Norm and Conan chatting is the gold standard.

Baby Lee 12-18-2019 04:48 PM

And, as the season draws near an end, I just have to say. I think I'd like The Mandalorian JUST for the chance to listen to more of the soundtrack.
Many times, I find myself humming the main overture just out of nowhere.

DaneMcCloud 12-18-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14664367)
And, as the season draws near an end, I just have to say. I think I'd like The Mandalorian JUST for the chance to listen to more of the soundtrack.
Many times, I find myself humming the main overture just out of nowhere.

Agreed.

I wasn't a fan of his Black Panther score (or the film in general) but his eclectic mix of orchestral and ethnic instruments with electronic and percussive elements has been simply amazing, IMO, and in no way, shape or form, is in any way derivative of those genres.

He's truly broken new ground in scoring, IMO.

RustShack 12-18-2019 05:47 PM

Man that episode...

Baby Lee 12-18-2019 06:14 PM

ROFL ROFL - my spirit animal

<iframe width="949" height="400" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z62QUhWBZsQ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Tribal Warfare 12-18-2019 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14660783)
Or another chosen child considering he's chronologically the same age as Anakin Skywalker

Not a clone, but evolved

Fish 12-18-2019 08:59 PM

Great episode all around. Best thing on TV right now.

A Salt Weapon 12-18-2019 09:10 PM

Damn, that got intense and then ended lol well played Disney, well played

Hammock Parties 12-18-2019 09:14 PM

Jesus Christ. The prison ship episode.

Just seeing the same airlock from the Falcon at the end of ESB makes my dick hard.

Hammock Parties 12-18-2019 09:17 PM

My absolute favorite thing about that episode is that the guard drones are the same droid you see from A New Hope, albeit with repulsors

https://starwarsataglance.files.word...4/07/r1-g4.png

Hammock Parties 12-18-2019 10:17 PM

holy shit

favreau's got balls

KC_Connection 12-18-2019 11:26 PM

They better not hurt Baby Yoda

Baby Lee 12-18-2019 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 14665005)

Seems pretty clear the season finale will have BY unleashing holy hell, slip into a deep exhausted sleep, Mandalorian et al scoop him up and bug out, credits.

BigRedChief 12-19-2019 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 14665005)

they already told us how baby Yoda is saved. The droid is on the ship. He’s programmed to protect. Plot point ready to be activated.

BigRedChief 12-19-2019 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 14665023)
Seems pretty clear the season finale will have BY unleashing holy hell, slip into a deep exhausted sleep, Mandalorian et al scoop him up and bug out, credits.

not if they are consistent. He has to sleep for 1.5 days for just stopping one animal. Fell back exhausted after healing one wound. He can’t wipe out a whole garrison of what looks like well trained imperial forces. He doesn’t have the strength yet.

srvy 12-19-2019 08:05 AM

My son loves this show I am as far away from being a star wars fan as can be but this is ok. Really its nothing more than a western bounty hunter series set in space way in the future. If you close your eyes Mando sounds just like a young Clint Eastwood aka GBU or Pale Rider.

ScareCrowe 12-19-2019 08:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14665032)
they already told us how baby Yoda is saved. The droid is on the ship. He’s programmed to protect. Plot point ready to be activated.

That was my thought as well, also fits perfectly with the Mando's distrust of droids, especially that droid in respect to BY. Then the droid is the one who saves them all in the end.

Gravedigger 12-19-2019 08:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14665032)

The droid would have to fly the ship over to the town to do it, he's not catching two Storm Troopers on speeders any other way.

Hammock Parties 12-19-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 14665280)
The droid would have to fly the ship over to the town to do it, he's not catching two Storm Troopers on speeders any other way.

it's favreau bro

this gonna be epic

EPICCCCCCCCCCCCCCC

Frazod 12-19-2019 09:58 PM

Just finished it. Nice darkest before the dawn episode.

Buehler445 12-19-2019 11:25 PM

Wow. Great episode. I was totally not expecting them to get baby Yoda.

Shits got its hooks into me somethin fierce.

Tribal Warfare 12-20-2019 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 14666756)
Wow. Great episode. I was totally not expecting them to get baby Yoda.

Shits got its hooks into me somethin fierce.

"Mando" had to lose sometime in the season to heighten conflict and suspense

RustShack 12-20-2019 05:23 PM

Baby Yoda gonna wipe everyone out to save Mando?

Don’t hurt Baby Yoda!!!

lawrenceRaider 12-21-2019 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 14665240)
My son loves this show I am as far away from being a star wars fan as can be but this is ok. Really its nothing more than a western bounty hunter series set in space way in the future. If you close your eyes Mando sounds just like a young Clint Eastwood aka GBU or Pale Rider.

All very true. Which is the point, BTW.

Also, this show is good, not great. I keep feeling like it's missing something and could be a bit better. Honestly, I think it's due to relatively short episodes.

Deberg_1990 12-21-2019 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14668454)
All very true. Which is the point, BTW.

Also, this show is good, not great. I keep feeling like it's missing something and could be a bit better. Honestly, I think it's due to relatively short episodes.

It’s a western set in space. It’s obvious they never intended it to have some deep ‘Game of Thrones’ type narrative and that’s ok.

I dig it a lot.

BigRedChief 12-21-2019 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14668507)
It’s a western set in space. It’s obvious they never intended it to have some deep ‘Game of Thrones’ type narrative and that’s ok.

I dig it a lot.

Been saying its a western in space since the original film.

There is a you tube out there that compares the Mandolorian shots with classic western scenes. It is definitely on purpose ala the way Tarantino does in his movies. Wonder if Favreau is a fan of Tarantino?

KC_Connection 12-21-2019 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14668507)

I dig it a lot.

Yep, they've set a perfect tone for this series. It may not be "prestige television" or what most have come to define as that over the past few decades, but it knows exactly what it is and it is succeeding at that.

Tribal Warfare 12-21-2019 09:11 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">mood: baby yoda trying Force choke <a href="https://t.co/VwZYF02uYs">pic.twitter.com/VwZYF02uYs</a></p>&mdash; Jam (@cloudyfacewith1) <a href="https://twitter.com/cloudyfacewith1/status/1208100383639429121?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 20, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Don't **** with Baby Yoda's Mando

Tribal Warfare 12-27-2019 04:16 AM

Is Ren from Star Wars Rebels dead?

Giancarlo Esposito had the Black Light Sabre of Mandalorian leadership

BigRedChief 12-27-2019 08:56 AM

Baby Yoda not being allowed to listen to music for 14 minutes.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oZ5nAtnEfa0?start=90" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hammock Parties 12-27-2019 10:22 AM

lol the opening to epsiode 8 is an homage to troops

complete with the biker scouts not being able to hit the broadside of a barn LMAO

Hammock Parties 12-27-2019 10:24 AM

LMAO

holy ****, IG-88 on a speeder bike with a pair of blaster pistols mowing down imperial troops

i love jon favreau so much

Hammock Parties 12-27-2019 10:33 AM

god damn, the best gunfight in the history of star wars

Hammock Parties 12-27-2019 11:14 AM

The Mandalorian is the best Star Wars thing since Jedi.

Period.

GloryDayz 12-27-2019 11:16 AM

Just got caught up. Series is pretty ok so far.

Hammock Parties 12-27-2019 11:23 AM

Spoiler!

Prison Bitch 12-27-2019 11:31 AM

“Wait, Doc: you mean to tell me you built a time machine....out of a Mandalorian??”

Hammock Parties 12-27-2019 11:38 AM

it's shocking how much better mando is than anything abrams created

favreau actually created characters i care about and everything in the show is believable in the context of the star wars galaxy

abrams literally would have made baby yoda a get out of jail free card for almost every bad situation

DaneMcCloud 12-27-2019 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14678444)
Is Ren from Star Wars Rebels dead?

Giancarlo Esposito had the Black Light Sabre of Mandalorian leadership

Sabine Wren? We don’t know. The last we saw of her was the final episode of Star Wars: Rebels, in which she and Ahsoka went searching for Ezra after the Alliance destroyed the second Death Star.

Sabine had the Darksaber, which was created by the first Mandalorian Jedi, at the end of that series.

Seeing it in Moff Gideon’s possession was completely unexpected (but badass) and hopefully, we’ll see Sabine and Ahsoka at some point during this series.

TambaBerry 12-27-2019 12:15 PM

God damn this is how star wars should be. This was an amazing episode

Tribal Warfare 12-27-2019 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14678700)
Sabine Wren? We don’t know. The last we saw of her was the final episode of Star Wars: Rebels, in which she and Ahsoka went searching for Ezra after the Alliance destroyed the second Death Star.

Sabine had the Darksaber, which was created by the first Mandalorian Jedi, at the end of that series.

Seeing it in Moff Gideon’s possession was completely unexpected (but badass) and hopefully, we’ll see Sabine and Ahsoka at some point during this series.

Exactly and her clan,hey're integrating Rebels and taking the Dark Sabre from the leadership of the Mandolarians dictates there had to be a mass genocide said sabre is sacred to the creed

Though they're setting it up that Baby Yoda in the near or distant future will inherit the sabre while searching for
Luke, considering Baby Yoda's species are likely extinct

Hammock Parties 12-27-2019 02:13 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Season 2 of <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheMandalorian?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheMandalorian</a> coming Fall 2020 <a href="https://t.co/8VQYLDMQ0V">pic.twitter.com/8VQYLDMQ0V</a></p>&mdash; Jon Favreau (@Jon_Favreau) <a href="https://twitter.com/Jon_Favreau/status/1210652862193098753?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 27, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Raiderhater 12-27-2019 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14678629)
lol the opening to epsiode 8 is an homage to troops

complete with the biker scouts not being able to hit the broadside of a barn LMAO

I was really enjoying that scene before the blaster practice - that just put it over the top.

A really strong finale to an already strong maiden voyage.

Hammock Parties 12-27-2019 02:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 14678937)
I was really enjoying that scene before the blaster practice - that just put it over the top.

C'MON! It was funny as shit.

Especially when the second guy couldn't hit it. LMAO

Tribal Warfare 12-27-2019 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14678946)

"C'Mon you just want to see it"

Storm Trooper wanting to see Baby Yoda in the bag

Raiderhater 12-27-2019 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14678946)

I think you are misunderstanding my use of “putting it over the top”. I was not implying that it went from good to ridiculous. It went from really good to great! I thought it was fantastic and a brilliant way to start off the episode after the “oh no, baby yoda’s been taken!” cliffhanger from last week.

Deberg_1990 12-27-2019 05:25 PM

Holy shit! That final shot!

Just outstanding series. Loved it all! This is how Star Wars should be

Deberg_1990 12-27-2019 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14678985)
"C'Mon you just want to see it"

Storm Trooper wanting to see Baby Yoda in the bag

Was one of the troopers in that scene Jason Sudekis? It sounded alot like him

Hammock Parties 12-27-2019 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raiderhader (Post 14678990)
I think you are misunderstanding my use of “putting it over the top”. I was not implying that it went from good to ridiculous. It went from really good to great! I thought it was fantastic and a brilliant way to start off the episode after the “oh no, baby yoda’s been taken!” cliffhanger from last week.

:LOL:

:thumb:

KC_Connection 12-27-2019 07:38 PM

And with that finale, that's the best Star Wars content since Empire.

Carl Weathers: "Hey let's make the baby do the magic hand thing...c'mon baby, do the magic hand thing."

Baby Yoda: *waves back* LMAO

Deberg_1990 12-27-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14679145)
Was one of the troopers in that scene Jason Sudekis? It sounded alot like him

Heh.

it was him. I figured

https://www.cnet.com/news/jason-sude...s-not-approve/

C3HIEF3S 12-27-2019 09:04 PM

Just finished the season finale. I'm loving it so far - the best Star Wars content Disney has produced outside of Rogue One, IMO.

keg in kc 12-27-2019 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14678700)

Sabine gave it to Bo-Katan before the end of Rebels, at the conclusion of the storyline where she went back home to try to recruit clan Wren into the rebellion. So she didn't have it when she left with Ahsoka.

All us crazy people saying Dave Filoni was the best thing going in Star Wars for the last decade aren't looking so nuts now.

Frazod 12-27-2019 10:34 PM

Just finished it. Great show.

Frazod 12-27-2019 10:39 PM

One thing seemed odd - you'd think that someone from Alderaan would know about the Jedi.

BigRedChief 12-27-2019 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by C3HIEF3S (Post 14679342)
Just finished the season finale. I'm loving it so far - the best Star Wars content Disney has produced outside of Rogue One, IMO.

Same here. This is the “Star Wars” universe type of shows that I want to see.

Hammock Parties 12-28-2019 02:18 AM

https://scontent.fmkc1-1.fna.fbcdn.n...4c&oe=5EA29AA1

Molitoth 12-28-2019 07:37 AM

Did we ever get a flashback of WHY Mando hates Droids so much?

keg in kc 12-28-2019 08:31 AM

More than one flashback, of the same scene (Separatist droids attacking, he's rescued by Mandalorian's...).

GloryDayz 12-28-2019 08:59 AM

The scene with the two troops waiting outside the town was awesome.

GloryDayz 12-28-2019 09:01 AM

And the term "blaster" cracks me up. I mean wow, that's all you could come up with? LMAO

Tribal Warfare 12-28-2019 03:31 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The Mandalorian&#39;s Baby Yoda Has a Real Name, But Bob Iger Won&#39;t Tell You <a href="https://t.co/Y1u6jGdjHK">https://t.co/Y1u6jGdjHK</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/TheMandalorian?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#TheMandalorian</a> <a href="https://t.co/3HazGbcj5Q">pic.twitter.com/3HazGbcj5Q</a></p>&mdash; Comic Book Resources (@CBR) <a href="https://twitter.com/CBR/status/1210979990571016193?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 28, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Mosbonian 12-28-2019 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14679449)
Same here. This is the “Star Wars” universe type of shows that I want to see.

Same here for me too....got Disney+ on the 23rd and binge watched the whole series this week.

Now can't wait to see the new season.

NJChiefsFan 12-29-2019 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14678678)
The Mandalorian is the best Star Wars thing since Jedi.

Period.

What did you think of Rogue One?

Hammock Parties 12-29-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NJChiefsFan (Post 14680889)
What did you think of Rogue One?

Absolutely awesome, but the story was mostly written already. We knew how it ended. It leaned heavily upon ANH and established characters.

We don't know how the Mando started or ended and it mostly only depends on entirely new characters.

Which is why it gets my vote for THE BEST ****ING THING EVER since '83.

Sure-Oz 12-29-2019 07:30 PM

Awesome episode ... one question is I wonder who is the person with the noisy boots that walked to the dead Hunter a few episodes back? Did I miss something?

Can't wait for s2