ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Andy Reid appreciation thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=317847)

Hammock Parties 12-29-2019 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14685121)
How right you are. Poor Andy faces a top 10 defense, and promptly turns into Moe Kessel.

For shame...

You really need to stop this bullshit.

1. Andy hired Spags.

2. Andy's offense has been balling out of late.

Try to enjoy one of the 10 best seasons in Chiefs history rather than being a huge whiny ****. It does not get better than this.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-29-2019 11:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14685128)
You really need to stop this bullshit.

1. Andy hired Spags.

2. Andy's offense has been balling out of late.

Try to enjoy one of the 10 best seasons in Chiefs history rather than being a huge whiny ****. It does not get better than this.

That was "balling out" today?

Andy gets ZERO reprieve until he brings that Lombardi home, so he can keep "balling out" until I say when.

Hammock Parties 12-30-2019 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14685151)
That was "balling out" today?

Andy gets ZERO reprieve until he brings that Lombardi home, so he can keep "balling out" until I say when.

I didn't say today.

But they did what they had to do to get the W.

You don't watch many NFL games.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-30-2019 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14685159)
I didn't say today.

And there WILL BE style points factored in to the upcoming Pat's matchup.
That team is as weak as it's ever been, so I expect Reid to pull out his fat little pecker and pound BB's ass like the cheating little bitch he is!
No close game or "scraping by" this time. Verboten!

GloryDayz 12-30-2019 12:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14685159)
I didn't say today.

Today's effort won't result in a win in two weeks. Jus sayin.

Hammock Parties 12-30-2019 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14685183)

NE doesn’t have Bosa and Ingram.

frozenchief 12-30-2019 12:48 AM

Since everybody is analyzing the last decade, think of where we were 10 years ago. Haley. Cassell. Pioli. Excited to draft Dwayne Bowe. Look at where we are now. And mich of that is because of Andy.

He gets grief for conservative play calling but I think the play calling the last few weeks was deliberately designed to give our opponents minimal footage. We struggled offensively against a good defense and then Pat throws some great throws and we are right in the lead. And some of our struggles were because different players dropped balls. Or had the ball hit them in the ass.

I don’t think we will have a great issue in the divisional round. ThaTs more because of potential matchups than anything else. We will have to play really well to beat Baltimore in Baltimore. But if anyone can do it, we can.

milkshock 12-30-2019 12:51 AM

Andy Reid appreciation thread

Spags has basically turned this team into a 2 seed by force of will.

Andy in the meantime has made Mahomes look like Alex.

GloryDayz 12-30-2019 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14685184)
NE doesn’t have Bosa and Ingram.

So? Today's effort won't win in two weeks. Sob we're all happy we won and got the bye, but Andy has to do better if wants to win in two weeks. Let's hope he does.

Pitt Gorilla 12-30-2019 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14685204)
So? Today's effort won't win in two weeks. Sob we're all happy we won and got the bye, but Andy has to do better if wants to win in two weeks. Let's hope he does.

Do better at what?

PattyFlakes 12-30-2019 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14685183)

So? Do you honestly expect them to play like that at home, in the playoffs fresh off a bye week? A lot of posters here just have to find something to worry and bitch about.

Titty Meat 12-30-2019 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkshock (Post 14685193)

Wut?

milkshock 12-30-2019 01:33 AM

Andy Reid appreciation thread

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14685212)
Wut?

You must have missed Patrick’s 170 yard outburst then? That’s his 3rd sub 200 game in the last 6 weeks.

And you may also have missed the fact that the defense has been the leagues best the last 6 weeks, which coincidentally, is the exact length of our winning streak.

Titty Meat 12-30-2019 01:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkshock (Post 14685214)
You must have missed Patrick’s 170 yard outburst then? That’s his 3rd sub 200 game in the last 6 weeks.

And you may also have missed the fact that the defense has been the leagues best the last 6 weeks.

He was playing with a bum thumb, ankle and hand. They were minimizing the hits he was taking. I dont think the team took today's game that seriously and still won.

milkshock 12-30-2019 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14685215)
He was playing with a bum thumb, ankle and hand. They were minimizing the hits he was taking. I dont think the team took today's game that seriously and still won.

Andy has all the excuses he needs with Spags covering for him

tk13 12-30-2019 01:52 AM

This year marks the first time in Chiefs history the team has won 10+ games in 5 straight years.

The Chiefs had never won back-to-back division titles before Reid got here, now they've won 4 in a row.

Over the last 5 years, the Chiefs are now 27-3 against the division. The 3 losses all happened in the final 30 seconds of the game. Two of them in the last 5 seconds. (The Charles fumble against the Broncos, the Raiders PI game, and the Chargers 2 point conversion last year)

We will probably never see that kind of division domination ever again. It's like the Royals cyborg bullpen. You better enjoy it now.

The Chiefs have gotten a first round bye in 3 of the last 4 years. They had 3 first round byes in the previous 26 years in the current playoff format.

Obviously they need to finish the job but this is a long way from the 2-14 disaster the team was when he took over.

tk13 12-30-2019 02:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkshock (Post 14685214)

And you may also have missed the fact that the defense has been the leagues best the last 6 weeks, which coincidentally, is the exact length of our winning streak.

Passing yardage does not equal success. I have been shouting that for like a decade, if not longer. Russell Wilson about won two of them throwing for 200 a game. Ben Roethlisberger won two of them throwing for 198 and 206 a game before he became a gunslinger.

You want a top 10 defense and a QB you can trust to make big plays for you in the 4th quarter. We have both of those. It's time to take our shot.

philfree 12-30-2019 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 14685226)
Passing yardage does not equal success. I have been shouting that for like a decade, if not longer. Russell Wilson about won two of them throwing for 200 a game. Ben Roethlisberger won two of them throwing for 198 and 206 a game before he became a gunslinger.

You want a top 10 defense and a QB you can trust to make big plays for you in the 4th quarter. We have both of those. It's time to take our shot.

Yes on your last two post! yes!

GloryDayz 12-30-2019 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 14685205)
Do better at what?

Preparing a team to play well for the entire game.

GloryDayz 12-30-2019 08:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PattyFlakes (Post 14685210)
So? Do you honestly expect them to play like that at home, in the playoffs fresh off a bye week? A lot of posters here just have to find something to worry and bitch about.

Well I've spent quite a bit of time in Arrowhead, at many regular season and playoff games since 2000, so **** YEAH I've seen them lay an egg "in Arrowhead"! But thanks for the PTSD episode of those losses "in Arrowhead"!

Since I'm all too used to "because Chiefs" and "We'll learn from this" from Fat-Andy, I'm prepped for them to say that the bye week took them out of their rhythm if they lose...

Because Chiefs, because Andy, or just BECAUSE.

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-30-2019 09:51 AM

Quote:

^^^^ Truth.

BleedingRed 12-30-2019 09:54 AM

Alot dipshits in this thread talking about Mahomes passing numbers...

Uh yeah... You call a different game when you have a decent defense...

Marcellus 12-30-2019 09:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14685460)
Alot dipshits in this thread talking about Mahomes passing numbers...

Uh yeah... You call a different game when you have a decent defense...

Score on special teams and a single play 84 yard run kind of minimized his attempts as well.

They obviously went into the game with a "B" game plan and figured they could still beat the Chargers and guess what, they did.

Idiots like Glory would be bitching if we won by 40 pts saying it was only because it was a team with nothing to play for and he should have saved some for the playoffs.

RealSNR 12-30-2019 10:22 AM

Reid detractors don't even know what they ****ing want. They can't identify one specific thing that Reid could do better.

You can do that with bad coaches. It's easy. With actual great coaches who you think are bad because Eagles fans laid eggs in your empty ****ing skull, it's a lot more difficult because you never see the actual coaching taking place.

So all they got now are, "Why isn't Mahomes throwing for 300+ a game? Why aren't we winning every game by more than 2 TDs? Why did the team punt so many times?"

Like, do you ****tards look at preseason games and go, "The Chiefs didn't beat ________ easy team in preseason. That effort won't fly in the playoffs!"

No ****ing shit.

Hammock Parties 12-30-2019 10:28 AM

Reid is 4-1 in the playoffs off a bye.

We going to Baltimore ya'll.

Chris Meck 12-30-2019 10:39 AM

There is not a single coach in the NFL that I would rather have paired with Patrick Mahomes. Not a one. Not even Bill, whom I think would not be the best coach for Mahomes.

This defensive staff has done an incredible turnaround job in one season. I love me some Spags, and some Daly, and some Madison.

Detractors need to shut their pieholes. They're just wrong.

RedRaider56 12-30-2019 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14685465)
Score on special teams and a single play 84 yard run kind of minimized his attempts as well.

They obviously went into the game with a "B" game plan and figured they could still beat the Chargers and guess what, they did.

Idiots like Glory would be bitching if we won by 40 pts saying it was only because it was a team with nothing to play for and he should have saved some for the playoffs.

^^^^^This Kind of difficult for your QB to put up stats when those special plays happen.

Has Reid gotten a little too conservative with his play calling? Yes, but the results the last 6 weeks are nothing to complain about.

GloryDayz 12-30-2019 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14685465)

Ouch, you hurt my feels... But I'll bump your reply if we don't win the SB, just to hear you elaborate on what went wrong.

RunKC 12-30-2019 10:50 AM

Andy hired Veach and Dorsey. They are the reason we found and traded up
for Mahomes. Reid hired Spags and the defense has changed.

This is Andy’s best team ever. Yes it’s better than his Super Bowl team.

Now he has to deliver. He’s failed so many times in championship games. That has to change.

I’m mostly off Andy’s back for now, but he needs to get this team to Miami. There are no excuses.

GloryDayz 12-30-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14685567)
Andy hired Veach and Dorsey. They are the reason we found and traded up
for Mahomes. Reid hired Spags and the defense has changed.

This is Andy’s best team ever. Yes it’s better than his Super Bowl team.

Now he has to deliver. He’s failed so many times in championship games. That has to change.

I’m mostly off Andy’s back for now, but he needs to get this team to Miami. There are no excuses.

I feel the same way. We were so close last year, but for his defense we would have been in the SB, but alas, he waited too long to fix a problem everybody but he could clearly see. But I agree, it has to come together this year, he's learned all the lessons he needs to learn, so he has no excuses for not at least getting us to the SB.

But I'm not going to get off his back, he doesn't operate properly when left alone. It would appear that he finds a buffet and forgets football.

Jimmya 12-30-2019 11:02 AM

I will always be here for KC, but not 1 day goes without TV or radio talking heads saying "we know how good Andy Reid is during the regular season, but his history in the playoffs gives opponents hope."

TripleThreat 12-30-2019 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 14685590)
I will always be here for KC, but not 1 day goes without TV or radio talking heads saying "we know how good Andy Reid is during the regular season, but his history in the playoffs gives opponents hope."

There is literally not 1 coach outside of bill Belichick that can constantly win Super Bowls and conference championships .. yet that is the measurement everyone uses for Andy Reid, and it’s because Andy Reid is that good... the only thing left to complain about him on is that small category in terms of success in the win loss column. All the other coaches are fighting to get to this category.

Marcellus 12-30-2019 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14685565)
Ouch, you hurt my feels... But I'll bump your reply if we don't win the SB, just to hear you elaborate on what went wrong.

Quote:

But I'm not going to get off his back, he doesn't operate properly when left alone. It would appear that he finds a buffet and forgets football.
LMAO dude you are a complete dipshit when it comes to football topics. I doubt you even watched the game Sunday.

Hammock Parties 12-30-2019 11:12 AM

Andy Reid's only failure is playing in the same era as the greatest HC/QB duo of all time.

They probably stopped him from winning a Super Bowl in 2004 and getting to another two in 2015 and 2018.

Marcellus 12-30-2019 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14685607)
Andy Reid's only failure is playing in the same era as the greatest HC/QB duo of all time.

They probably stopped him from winning a Super Bowl in 2004 and getting to another two in 2015 and 2018.

This could be said of many teams and coaches. Mike Martz says hello as well.

jjchieffan 12-30-2019 11:16 AM

Quote:

Andy knows what he's doing. He knew that after last season, that teams would be studying film and be better prepared to take away the deep plays from Mahomes. Problem is, that when you do that, it opens up the underneath stuff. This season has been about improving Mahomes' game so that he isn't reliant on the big plays. Mahomes is a more rounded quarterback now. He will still take the deep shot when it's there. But when it's not, he now has the patience to just move the chains. He isn't Alex Smith. He's still Mahomes, but a more patient Mahomes. A better Mahomes.

Hammock Parties 12-30-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14685611)
This could be said of many teams and coaches. Mike Martz says hello as well.

Really? Mike Martz just took Vermeil's team and underachieved.

Insult.

GloryDayz 12-30-2019 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14685606)
LMAO dude you are a complete dipshit when it comes to football topics. I doubt you even watched the game Sunday.

Were you in the Discord chat?

Marcellus 12-30-2019 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14685738)
Were you in the Discord chat?

Fortunately not because I could imagine what it was like, I was at the game instead. And yes at the game it was discussed how conservative they seemed to be playing.

GloryDayz 12-30-2019 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14685881)
Fortunately not because I could imagine what it was like, I was at the game instead. And yes at the game it was discussed how conservative they seemed to be playing.

Oh, understood. But yes, I watched the game. Oh, and you can Discord from your phone from the Stadium. It's pretty sweet..

Sweet Daddy Hate 12-31-2019 08:43 AM

Bottom line, pickle****ers:

Twenty. Goddamned. Years.

You've been head coaching in this league for TWO decades.

All I hear is what a ****ing "genius" you are.

You now possesses the greatest QB in the league, and possibly the greatest of this modern, "defense hurts my pussy"-era of professional football.

The amount of legitimate excuses you have left to your name and reputation:

ZERO.

It's time for all underachieving fatty do-wrongs to stand and deliver. Put up, or get the **** GONE.

We can find plenty of scrubs to call screens and other low rent, mind-numbingly dull plays to waste Mahomes best years in your absence should you fail.

RunKC 12-31-2019 09:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14687082)

You now possesses the greatest QB in the league, and possibly the greatest of this modern, "defense hurts my pussy"-era of professional football.

ZERO.

It's time for all underachieving fatty do-wrongs to stand and deliver. Put up, or get the **** GONE.

We can find plenty of scrubs to call screens and other low rent, mind-numbingly dull plays to waste Mahomes best years in your absence should you fail.

No you can’t find “scrubs” like Andy and what he’s bringing.

Andy brought us Mahomes. He also brought us Spags. Care to name another ****ing coach doing that? That gives him more years to get it done and our best chance.

Get this thinking out of your head dude. It’s not just Andy handcuffed to Alex anymore like 2013-2017. He fixed that problem with gigantic balls to trade up for Mahomes.
Andy also fixed his Sutton problem and got this goddamn defense to change in one year. One ****ing year.

Andy alone will get this team to the playoffs with a potential of the bye most of the time. He’s proven that again and again, but it’s not only Andy who needs to carry this team. Pat and Spags gotta deliver, and I believe they will. Maybe not this year, but soon.

Andy has failed so many times bc of his lack of awareness to move on from a game manager QB and terrible DC.

Those problems are FIXED, but by all means, let’s ****ing fire the guy who is fixing his biggest problems and getting us right there for a SB every year.

Let’s can his ass and bring in another Todd Haley. Or how about any of these other asswipe HC’s like Mike McCarthy?

Your mentally defective ideology of Andy Reid is garbage and this is coming from one of his most ardent deniers the past few years.

Give me Andy Reid. And if this team doesn’t get to the Super Bowl in the next 3 years, it’s not on him. He’s got a God level QB and a competent DC. If we don’t get to the SB in that time, point the finger at one of them.

swifty32661 12-31-2019 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14687124)

Andy brought us Mahomes. He also brought us Spags. Care to name another ****ing coach doing that? That gives him more years to get it done and our best chance.

Get this thinking out of your head dude. It’s not just Andy handcuffed to Alex anymore like 2013-2017. He fixed that problem with gigantic balls to trade up for Mahomes.
Andy also fixed his Sutton problem and got this goddamn defense to change in one year. One ****ing year.

Andy alone will get this team to the playoffs with a potential of the bye most of the time. He’s proven that again and again, but it’s not only Andy who needs to carry this team. Pat and Spags gotta deliver, and I believe they will. Maybe not this year, but soon.

Andy has failed so many times bc of his lack of awareness to move on from a game manager QB and terrible DC.

Those problems are FIXED, but by all means, let’s ****ing fire the guy who is fixing his biggest problems and getting us right there for a SB every year.

Let’s can his ass and bring in another Todd Haley. Or how about any of these other asswipe HC’s like Mike McCarthy?

Your mentally defective ideology of Andy Reid is garbage and this is coming from one of his most ardent deniers the past few years.

Give me Andy Reid. And if this team doesn’t get to the Super Bowl in the next 3 years, it’s not on him. He’s got a God level QB and a competent DC. If we don’t get to the SB in that time, point the finger at one of them.

"And if this team doesn’t get to the Super Bowl in the next 3 years, it’s not on him."

Huh? Really? Memories are quite short - I can't post the link, but I'll just leave this here - "The REAL REASON Why Andy Reid Can Never Win the BIG GAME" - on youtube right now for your perusal...or not.

milkman 12-31-2019 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14685583)
I feel the same way. We were so close last year, but for his defense we would have been in the SB, but alas, he waited too long to fix a problem everybody but he could clearly see. But I agree, it has to come together this year, he's learned all the lessons he needs to learn, so he has no excuses for not at least getting us to the SB.

You're not getting off his back?
Like anything you matters.

gold_and_red 12-31-2019 11:29 AM

The D has improved and is among the best in the last six weeks with all the playoff momentum. Reid has to make it to the SB to show improvement from last year, no excuses. I have always maintained that if he can't take KC to the SB by the end of 2020 (eight full years is plenty time) then he needs to be replaced.

Jimmya 12-31-2019 12:07 PM

You can sit here and cry all day about how Fat Andy is your God... At the end of the day, in the NFL the head coach will get fired if he can't deliver.

Reerun_KC 12-31-2019 12:13 PM

He needs to win a super bowl if he wants escalation from me.

Tired of the moral victory rah rah bullshit already.

ChiefsLV 12-31-2019 12:19 PM

Three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and the "Andy Reid is a turrible head coach" thread bubbling up after every loss.

KChiefs1 12-31-2019 12:35 PM

After he wins the Super Bowl, he will be held in the same esteem as the hoodie.

RealSNR 12-31-2019 12:50 PM

Bring back Todd Haley cuz YELLING!!!!!

Megatron96 12-31-2019 12:52 PM

Might as well appreciate him now, while we still have him. The man's 61. He probably retires in the next 5-7 years. And when that happens, the chances of winning another SB during Pat's career go down precipitously.

GloryDayz 12-31-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14687082)

ZERO.

Rep... Keep the pressure on, he has enough dick-lickers helping him fall off the wagon, we have to do our part to keep him sober.

GloryDayz 12-31-2019 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 14687200)
You're not getting off his back?
Like anything you matters.

You illiterate dumbass!

GloryDayz 12-31-2019 01:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14687124)

Let the excuses begin, ladies and gentlemen....

GloryDayz 12-31-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reerun_KC (Post 14687456)
He needs to win a super bowl if he wants escalation from me.

Tired of the moral victory rah rah bullshit already.

Hey, fatty learns from every loss. So there's that...

GloryDayz 12-31-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsLV (Post 14687463)
Three things certain in life: Death, taxes, and the "Andy Reid is a turrible head coach" thread bubbling up after every loss.

As it should be. Especially if we lose because he falls off the wagon and starts being stupid. Again.

RealSNR 12-31-2019 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 14687516)
Might as well appreciate him now, while we still have him. The man's 61. He probably retires in the next 5-7 years. And when that happens, the chances of winning another SB during Pat's career go down precipitously.

I kinda disagree with this. I love Andy Reid, and as soon as he wins a Super Bowl for us I'm cool with him coaching here until he has to retire. But in 5-7 years I don't think we're going to see our Super Bowl odds drop all that much from year to year as long as Pat is still kicking ass.

Clark Hunt has been pretty clear about how this organization is going to be run ever since the Pioli debacle. He'll probably look to another experienced head coach, possibly from the Andy Reid tree. Maybe Matt Nagy has a bit more success in Chicago but finally gets fired, and he comes back to KC. Same with Doug Pederson. Or, by that point Pat is going to basically be running the show anyway and only needs a good Xs and Os OC to draw up cool shit for him. Hire a defense-minded head coach.

At the very least it will give the Andy critics plenty of opportunity to get that great "clock management" guy they've been pounding the table for all these years.

With Pat Mahomes in charge and (hopefully) consistently decent drafts from Veach we don't need to hit a homerun with our next head coach to stay competitive for the Super Bowl from year to year. We just need to avoid hiring a ****tard like Freddie Kitchens. We should also avoid any recommendations for head coaches given to us by John Elway.

Megatron96 12-31-2019 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14687628)
I kinda disagree with this. I love Andy Reid, and as soon as he wins a Super Bowl for us I'm cool with him coaching here until he has to retire. But in 5-7 years I don't think we're going to see our Super Bowl odds drop all that much from year to year as long as Pat is still kicking ass.

Clark Hunt has been pretty clear about how this organization is going to be run ever since the Pioli debacle. He'll probably look to another experienced head coach, possibly from the Andy Reid tree. Maybe Matt Nagy has a bit more success in Chicago but finally gets fired, and he comes back to KC. Same with Doug Pederson. Or, by that point Pat is going to basically be running the show anyway and only needs a good Xs and Os OC to draw up cool shit for him. Hire a defense-minded head coach.

At the very least it will give the Andy critics plenty of opportunity to get that great "clock management" guy they've been pounding the table for all these years.

With Pat Mahomes in charge and (hopefully) consistently decent drafts from Veach we don't need to hit a homerun with our next head coach to stay competitive for the Super Bowl from year to year. We just need to avoid hiring a ****tard like Freddie Kitchens. We should also avoid any recommendations for head coaches given to us by John Elway.

You may be right, and I hope you are.

But probability says otherwise. Coaching changes almost always result in lesser success at first. It's one of the factors evident throughout the NFL and it's history. Teams that are stable at HC tend to have continued success. Teams that change HCs tend to have variable success initially. We'll see of course, but if Andy retires in a few years it's unlikely that the Chiefs will just roll along as if nothing happened.

RunKC 12-31-2019 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GloryDayz (Post 14687575)
Let the excuses begin, ladies and gentlemen....

Andy has had Mahomes for 1 postseason. Getting to a SB with Alex Smith was never a realistic possibility. We all knew that. We also knew the same with Sutton.

Andy has extreme flaws. I’m glad he has taken actionable steps to fixing them.

GM problem? Fixed
QB problem? Fixed
DC problem? Fixed

Andy has as good of a chance as anyone now that he has Mahomes and Spags, but it is never easy to get to or win a Super Bowl. Even the Patriots went 9 seasons without a Super Bowl.

This is the beginning of Andy’s best shot. He’s got three more postseason tries , counting this year, to get to the big game.

I think he’ll get there

Megatron96 12-31-2019 02:33 PM

Something else to consider: if the Chiefs are stupid enough to fire him say this year if we somehow don't win a SB, how long is it before he's hired by a rival team?

Anyone think Elway wouldn't hire him before he got off the phone with Hunt? The Texans? Could be a nightmare scenario.

Hammock Parties 12-31-2019 08:00 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What a stat from <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ChiefsReporter</a>: the Chiefs 27-3 division record over the past five years is the best division record over any five year span in modern NFL history. That is remarkable. 90% win rate against the AFC West since 2015</p>&mdash; Bird Law Expert #TheWestIsNotEnough (@RealBirdLawyer) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealBirdLawyer/status/1211825784974786565?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 31, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12-31-2019 08:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14688313)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What a stat from <a href="https://twitter.com/ChiefsReporter?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@ChiefsReporter</a>: the Chiefs 27-3 division record over the past five years is the best division record over any five year span in modern NFL history. That is remarkable. 90% win rate against the AFC West since 2015</p>&mdash; Bird Law Expert #TheWestIsNotEnough (@RealBirdLawyer) <a href="https://twitter.com/RealBirdLawyer/status/1211825784974786565?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 31, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reid just needs a super bowl ring to cement his legacy in Canton

NJChiefsFan 12-31-2019 11:12 PM

Nobody needs motivation in a Super Bowl game. But I'd imagine for all these players that love Reid, there would be a lot of "let's get Andy his Super Bowl" stuff going on.

GloryDayz 12-31-2019 11:17 PM

Quote:

It's almost like they're missing some other relevant stat....

ChiefsFanatic 01-01-2020 05:20 AM

My problem with Reid is that he continues to lose playoff games for the exact same reason.

Now, last year was the exception, but he has a history of losing playoff games after having a lead because he won't run the football to protect the lead and run clock.

There were Philly fans that came to this board after we hired him, and they flat out said he is a great regular season coach, but would lose in the playoffs because he won't run the football. They were not sad to see him go, and he turned their franchise from perennial losers into an NFC power. Reid took them to the playoffs a bunch, including a ton of NFC Championship games, and only made one Super Bowl.

And it's frustrating when we lose games like Indy and Pittsburgh, and he always says crap in his post game press conferences like "I gotta do a better job of coaching" and "We will learn from this and get better" etc. Only to lose a game like the Titans game, because he made the exact same coaching mistakes as he made in the Indy and Pittsburgh games.

I am hoping, as are many others, that Mahomes is Reid-proof in the playoffs, and can help the Chiefs and Andy Reid overcome Playoff Andy Reid.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

tyreekthefreak 01-01-2020 06:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsFanatic (Post 14688590)
My problem with Reid is that he continues to lose playoff games for the exact same reason.

Now, last year was the exception, but he has a history of losing playoff games after having a lead because he won't run the football to protect the lead and run clock.

There were Philly fans that came to this board after we hired him, and they flat out said he is a great regular season coach, but would lose in the playoffs because he won't run the football. They were not sad to see him go, and he turned their franchise from perennial losers into an NFC power. Reid took them to the playoffs a bunch, including a ton of NFC Championship games, and only made one Super Bowl.

And it's frustrating when we lose games like Indy and Pittsburgh, and he always says crap in his post game press conferences like "I gotta do a better job of coaching" and "We will learn from this and get better" etc. Only to lose a game like the Titans game, because he made the exact same coaching mistakes as he made in the Indy and Pittsburgh games.

I am hoping, as are many others, that Mahomes is Reid-proof in the playoffs, and can help the Chiefs and Andy Reid overcome Playoff Andy Reid.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk

We can't run the football when the other team knows we are going to run.....our line is not good enough to do that......hasn't been since the Vermiel days! Andy just needs to run up the score as much as he can for 60 minutes!!!!

tmax63 01-01-2020 08:19 AM

The same people who say AR won't run the football to protect a lead and run out the clock are the same folks who say that AR goes into a shell and doesn't stay aggressive when he gets a lead. To me, you can't have it both ways, you either do 1 or the other.

Deberg_1990 01-01-2020 08:48 AM

Quote:

Andy Reid has been a Godsend.

When I look around the league and see the upheaval every year, I count my blessing for him everyday.

Clark was so smart to jump on that plane immediately to Philly and go get him 7 years ago.

Always cracks me up that Pioli was part of that process.

ChiefEd 01-01-2020 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tmax63 (Post 14688622)
The same people who say AR won't run the football to protect a lead and run out the clock are the same folks who say that AR goes into a shell and doesn't stay aggressive when he gets a lead. To me, you can't have it both ways, you either do 1 or the other.

:clap:

KChiefs1 01-01-2020 10:00 AM

Love me some Andy.

GloryDayz 01-01-2020 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyreekthefreak (Post 14688597)
We can't run the football when the other team knows we are going to run.....our line is not good enough to do that......hasn't been since the Vermiel days! Andy just needs to run up the score as much as he can for 60 minutes!!!!

Halfback option dude. Best of both worlds.

GloryDayz 01-01-2020 10:44 AM

Quote:

This is a valid point. Even if it's directed at me..

Marcellus 01-01-2020 10:48 AM

Quote:

Bingo, the haters will find a reason to hate no matter what.

GloryDayz 01-01-2020 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14688754)

Haters... LMAO

50 years Marcellus, 50 years...

Go ahead and let up if you want, it's very Andy of you.

staylor26 01-01-2020 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcellus (Post 14688754)

It’s 100% results based.

Hammock Parties 01-01-2020 01:09 PM

The only reason Reid has lost playoff games here is QB play and defense.

It has had absolutely zilch to do with his playcalling.

Jimmya 01-01-2020 01:18 PM

This quote from Eagles media many moons ago... Same shit here in KC

"His flaws have been the same—poor clock management, unwillingness to run the ball more often, his stubbornness—since he stepped behind the clipboard in 1999."

Megatron96 01-01-2020 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jimmya (Post 14688925)
This quote from Eagles media many moons ago... Same shit here in KC

"His flaws have been the same—poor clock management, unwillingness to run the ball more often, his stubbornness—since he stepped behind the clipboard in 1999."

Some people aren't paying attention to the actual stats again. Go check the box scores for the games we've played this season. The Chargers/Chiefs game for example. 25 passes-23 runs. Basically 50-50.

Sometimes we pass more, sure. But looking at the season, and last season, btw, it's about 55-45, give or take a few percentage points. Does that sound like he's unwilling to run the ball? Should we be running 60% of the time?

And "stubbornness" is pretty vague. Stubborn about what, specifically? Because many times stubbornness is a positive quality in a coach or a player.

RealSNR 01-01-2020 01:30 PM

Why the **** are you guys giving any credence to what Eagles fans say?

Half of that fanbase is functionally reeruned.

O.city 01-01-2020 02:50 PM

The chiefs have patrick Mahomes and Kelce and hill and hardman and Watkins

Why the hell would anyone want them to run the ball more?