ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV The Walking Dead ***With Comic Spoilers*** (Part 2) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=287124)

Baby Lee 10-27-2014 11:07 PM

ROFL

Gareth be all like 'nobody makes makes me bleed my own blood, Rick!!'

Crying Ramtard 10-27-2014 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11060893)
You can go ahead and see yourself on outta here. You remind me of the douchebags that go to rock/metal concerts that wear old Tshirts they bought of eBay or Craig's list and then brag about "discovering" the band before anyone else. Then you say how the band was sooo much better before people started listening, just to be the typical hipster douche.
It's a great show, a great comic and a great line of Video Games. The Walking Dead has rejuvenated the zombie genre and given it new life and a new direction.
The zombies are no longer a huge part of the storyline. They're an afterthought, anymore. The show is about the downfall of humanity and what different groups of people will do to survive. It also shows how humanity will always endure to find something to be hopeful for, to never give up on looking ahead.
If you don't enjoy it, fine. See your way out of the thread that celebrates what this show is all about; for everyone that posts here, (sans you) loves this show and all of it's sister forms, (ie the game and the comics).

LOL I'm an adult. I can watch and critique a show any way I damn well please.
where is it written that my making fun of it doesn't mean I cant enjoy it as I choose. I just like pointing out the unrealistic crap. Its how I perceive things and don't talk like a child getting sucked into fiction. Its called having a sense of humor,please get one

thabear04 10-27-2014 11:24 PM

Who show up with Daryl.

Baby Lee 10-27-2014 11:35 PM

@2:50 - Rick meet Hannibal, . . Hannibal, . . . Rick.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/He1MTYvyUes" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

kcxiv 10-27-2014 11:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11060893)
You can go ahead and see yourself on outta here. You remind me of the douchebags that go to rock/metal concerts that wear old Tshirts they bought of eBay or Craig's list and then brag about "discovering" the band before anyone else. Then you say how the band was sooo much better before people started listening, just to be the typical hipster douche.
It's a great show, a great comic and a great line of Video Games. The Walking Dead has rejuvenated the zombie genre and given it new life and a new direction.
The zombies are no longer a huge part of the storyline. They're an afterthought, anymore. The show is about the downfall of humanity and what different groups of people will do to survive. It also shows how humanity will always endure to find something to be hopeful for, to never give up on looking ahead.
If you don't enjoy it, fine. See your way out of the thread that celebrates what this show is all about; for everyone that posts here, (sans you) loves this show and all of it's sister forms, (ie the game and the comics).

HOw does a band become not good anymore when people catch on to it? That makes no ****ing sense, and if a person dislikes a band before they got popular, that makes the person a bigger douchebag then a hipster could ever hope to be and i ****ing hate hipsters.

NewChief 10-28-2014 07:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram29jackson (Post 11061604)
where is it written that my making fun of it doesn't mean I cant enjoy it as I choose. I just like pointing out the unrealistic crap. Its how I perceive things and don't talk like a child getting sucked into fiction. Its called having a sense of humor,please get one

I have plenty of criticism of the show as well (I almost stopped watching last season). Your problem is that you come off as a dumbass troll because half of your criticisms are a result of you not actually paying attention to the show when you're watching.

Fire Me Boy! 10-28-2014 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ram29jackson (Post 11061604)

Too many white T-shirts for Rick... Not OK.

Zombies... A-OK.

:thumb:

CHENZ A! 10-28-2014 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11061253)
LMAO
I thought the same exact thing when we met that box, Rosita. They do the same thing in the comics.

BTW:

Rosita is so hot though..

Bowser 10-28-2014 10:47 AM

Just ban ram29jackson from the thread. Everyone will be happier for it, especially him.

seaofred 10-28-2014 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 11061607)
Who show up with Daryl.

Spoiler!

NewChief 10-28-2014 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by seaofred (Post 11062471)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Mi_chief_fan 10-28-2014 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11062551)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

KC_Lee 10-28-2014 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GordonGekko (Post 11060920)
You know one of the biggest problems I have with Walking Dead, even though I enjoy it to a high degree, is that the way women are portrayed. I mean, you have women that have gone a few years from access to dentists, doctors, much of the personal hygiene items that American women have access to, yet every time they meet a new group of 'survivors' there is always a smokin' hot female or two that looks like they just walked out of Ulta. Rick looks like absolute dog shit compared to how he started the show for example. But the women, they are doing a bad job there.

I agree with you on this. As my wife put it "How does Rosita still have those shorts? I mean women won't stop having periods just because of the zombies."

NewChief 10-28-2014 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Lee (Post 11062630)
I agree with you on this. As my wife put it "How does Rosita still have those shorts? I mean women won't stop having periods just because of the zombies."

Totally agree with the realism aspects, but I take it as a tribute to the source material. As others have said, the same thing goes on in the comics.

thabear04 10-28-2014 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan (Post 11062569)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Mi_chief_fan 10-28-2014 04:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 11062778)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Gadzooks 10-28-2014 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan (Post 11063076)
Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Fire Me Boy! 10-28-2014 06:48 PM

It's Beth. I don't really see how there's any question about it.

PhillyChiefFan 10-29-2014 04:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11063853)

Has to be, we already saw Morgan and Carol was with Darryl so they wouldn't make it a cliffhanger

lcarus 10-29-2014 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11063853)

Well in the season previews it showed Beth in another location with other people, so I don't think it's her. Unless that's all flashback stuff.

NewChief 10-29-2014 09:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 11066522)
Well in the season previews it showed Beth in another location with other people, so I don't think it's her. Unless that's all flashback stuff.

Yes. That's my prediction. Next week goes to flashbacks for Beth to show what she's been up to. It might even go two weeks. It then culminates with Daryl retrieving her and them emerging from the woods at the end of this week's episode.

lcarus 10-29-2014 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11066533)
Yes. That's my prediction. Next week goes to flashbacks for Beth to show what she's been up to. It might even go two weeks. It then culminates with Daryl retrieving her and them emerging from the woods at the end of this week's episode.

And she still won't know where her sister is lol. Or care. That's been a pretty big writing blunder in my opinion. Especially since they were seperated almost exactly after they witnessed their father getting decapitated. You'd think they'd at least have Maggie MENTION her sister could be alive somewhere nearby. I don't know if they had Daryl say jack shit about Beth either, up until he was with Carol and he saw the car drive by.

NewChief 10-29-2014 09:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 11066542)
And she still won't know where her sister is lol. Or care. That's been a pretty big writing blunder in my opinion. Especially since they were seperated almost exactly after they witnessed their father getting decapitated. You'd think they'd at least have Maggie MENTION her sister could be alive somewhere nearby. I don't know if they had Daryl say jack shit about Beth either, up until he was with Carol and he saw the car drive by.

Good point. My guess is that it's cutting room material. I bet they had a scene where Daryl explains what happened with Beth (or maybe he feels guilty, so he doesn't want to admit to letting someone capture Beth?), but it got cut to keep the pace going.

Like you said, though, that's bad editing/writing.

lcarus 10-29-2014 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NewChief (Post 11066549)
Good point. My guess is that it's cutting room material. I bet they had a scene where Daryl explains what happened with Beth (or maybe he feels guilty, so he doesn't want to admit to letting someone capture Beth?), but it got cut to keep the pace going.

Like you said, though, that's bad editing/writing.

They had Maggie out of her mind searching for Glenn. I guess the writers figured a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship is more relateable than a sister/sister relationship?

Fire Me Boy! 10-29-2014 09:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 11066575)
They had Maggie out of her mind searching for Glenn. I guess the writers figured a girlfriend/boyfriend relationship is more relateable than a sister/sister relationship?

Didn't they get married? I get what you're saying, but more than just a boyfriend/girlfriend situation.

I can see why they didn't talk at all about it in the first episode - they're dealing with Terminus, then the excitement of Carol busting them out, and all that. It would take some time to calm down and get a head count before you might have even realized who was missing. But eps 2 or 3 should have addressed it more.

BigRichard 10-29-2014 09:54 AM

I enjoy this show from time to time but the writing is just horrible. I almost quit watching last season it got so bad. It seems like they take cool scenes from the comic and make it good in the show but other than that they just **** up a lot with details. Like Carol with the bottle rocket, the zombies in the water stuff, and now Maggie not missing her sister.

They should have a huge budget since it is so popular but it is like they are filming on the original night of the living dead budget or something. Oh there are 3 walkers down in the water lets try to make it feel like there are 30 of them. I know this show is popular but damn I wish someone else would have got a hold of it rather than AMC. Maybe like HBO or something. They would have made it so much better.

Fire Me Boy! 10-29-2014 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 11066717)
I enjoy this show from time to time but the writing is just horrible. I almost quit watching last season it got so bad. It seems like they take cool scenes from the comic and make it good in the show but other than that they just **** up a lot with details. Like Carol with the bottle rocket, the zombies in the water stuff, and now Maggie not missing her sister.

They should have a huge budget since it is so popular but it is like they are filming on the original night of the living dead budget or something. Oh there are 3 walkers down in the water lets try to make it feel like there are 30 of them. I know this show is popular but damn I with someone else would have got a hold of it rather than AMC. Maybe like HBO or something. They would have made it so much better.

Willing suspension of disbelief.

Radar Chief 10-29-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

I believe that was discussed when they were locked in the box car at Terminus. As they were preparing crude weapons they were discussing what had been going on with the separated groups and I remember Daryl saying, “She’s not dead, she’s just gone”, I assume regarding Beth.

dlphg9 10-29-2014 10:12 AM

Spoiler!

thabear04 10-29-2014 10:16 AM

Quote:

Daryl said Beth alive when him and Rick were talking.

hometeam 10-29-2014 01:58 PM

I think it will be Beth, without Carol, and with other random people who are wherever Beth is

Bowser 10-29-2014 03:22 PM

I think it will be Mrs. Peacock in the repository with the rope.

notorious 10-29-2014 06:49 PM

We watched it last night.

I was right about the tainted meat......consider me the opposite of Clay.

Crying Ramtard 10-29-2014 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 11067591)
I think it will be Mrs. Peacock in the repository with the rope.

yahtzee

Valiant 10-29-2014 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mi_chief_fan (Post 11062569)
Spoiler!

Morgan? I did not see the one after credits except for a screen cap.

Valiant 10-29-2014 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 11035082)
I am going with he was bitten also or scratched by the zombie, that is why he is crying.

Which, how stupid do you have to be to go in that basement. That water would be lethal to anyone with a scratch. Literally zombie koolaid. And after the flu outbreak that was killing people, no way in hell would you go into that water. Then they did not kill all the zombies, some were still under the cabinet when he was yanked under.

And from the Walking Dead, everyone is infected. You do not turn until you die. But it starts up instantly upon death per the cdc episode. So when they were whacking people in the head and bleeding them, that would not stop them turning. They would need to decapitate them instantly alive. Shit a baseball whack will not kill most normal humans.

So all of that flesh they were eating has a high chance to be infected. Now cutting the leg off and eating it would be fine.

Hopefully he is infected. But I doubt it as that would end the story arc quickly.

These two episodes have been great, and visually amazing.

Go me..

Radar Chief 10-30-2014 10:28 AM

Oh shit! Beth is gonna die!

http://blogs.amctv.com/the-walking-d...ohn-barrowman/

/running joke about Talking Dead guests

kepp 10-30-2014 11:23 AM

I've realized during these first few episodes that those Rick/Carl memes have ruined a part of the show for me. I can't watch a scene with just Rick and Carl without thinking, "IT'S A WAIST OF TIME, CORAL! A WAIST OF TIME!!"

Mr. Plow 10-30-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kepp (Post 11071300)
I've realized during these first few episodes that those Rick/Carl memes have ruined a part of the show for me. I can't watch a scene with just Rick and Carl without thinking, "IT'S A WAIST OF TIME, CORAL! A WAIST OF TIME!!"

LMAO

I hate it too.

ThaVirus 10-30-2014 11:44 AM

LMAO

"Coral".

Makes me laugh every time.

Fire Me Boy! 10-30-2014 11:50 AM

http://33.media.tumblr.com/87810216e...4814o1_400.jpg

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013...86122077-5.jpg

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013...86122061-2.jpg

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013...86122051-3.jpg

http://31.media.tumblr.com/b878c77e3...8uco1_1280.jpg

Bowser 10-30-2014 11:52 AM

LMAO LMAO

thabear04 10-30-2014 01:30 PM

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013...86122054-0.jpg

lcarus 10-30-2014 01:55 PM

I love those Coral memes.

PhillyChiefFan 10-30-2014 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 11071648)

ROFL

This one gets me every time

thabear04 11-02-2014 09:10 PM

Anybody else get that call number if you wanna keep amc.

Easy 6 11-02-2014 09:13 PM

They decided to spend a full episode getting us up to speed with the new group our heroes eventually encounter, I'm ok with it.

Sure-Oz 11-02-2014 11:19 PM

Yep...that dude has to be with Daryl. I assume the next episode will focus on the separate group

Fire Me Boy! 11-03-2014 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 11080324)
Anybody else get that call number if you wanna keep amc.

855-KEEP-AMC

Gonzo 11-03-2014 08:40 AM

That bitch cop is gonna pay. Big time.

Radar Chief 11-03-2014 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11081285)
That bitch cop is gonna pay. Big time.

Yea, that story of hers about saving Beth while she was surrounded by walkers is :BS:. There were no walkers around Beth when she was taken.
So they’re using that pristinely kept mortuary stocked with food as a trap then kidnap the ones they want to keep by luring in a herd of walkers to the front door to flush them out.
Think we’ll see the apocalypse dog again?

Gonzo 11-03-2014 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 11081300)
Yea, that story of hers about saving Beth while she was surrounded by walkers is :BS:. There were no walkers around Beth when she was taken.
So they’re using that pristinely kept mortuary stocked with food as a trap then kidnap the ones they want to keep by luring in a herd of walkers to the front door to flush them out.
Think we’ll see the apocalypse dog again?

I pretty much forgot about most of that shit. Excellent memory

L.A. Chieffan 11-03-2014 10:01 AM

weird ep

Mr. Plow 11-03-2014 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 11081370)
weird ep

I thought so too. I've been wanting to see what happened with Beth, but I really didn't care for the episode.

L.A. Chieffan 11-03-2014 10:23 AM

I wouldnt really care if there was off-shoot episodes showing other groups story lines as long as its interesting. I could give a shit about Beth and the actress herself is tuurrible.
The best thing about the ep was the Caravaggio

Radar Chief 11-03-2014 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 11081381)
I thought so too. I've been wanting to see what happened with Beth, but I really didn't care for the episode.

I liked it. After seeing where Beth ended up the way she was taken makes sense.
I’m pretty sure now that Daryl will walk out of the woods with Noah who is going to fill Rick in on what’s going on and the Rickinators will then go push the hospital cops shit in to get Beth and Carol back.
But that’s probably an episode or two away, looks like the next ep is going to be about Abraham’s crew.

Spoiler!

ThaVirus 11-03-2014 10:56 AM

Beth would get plowed in the zombie apocalypse. That's for sure.

Rausch 11-03-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan (Post 11081406)
I wouldnt really care if there was off-shoot episodes showing other groups story lines as long as its interesting. I could give a shit about Beth and the actress herself is tuurrible.
The best thing about the ep was the Caravaggio

Now that she's away from the group she's more of a thinker/fighter and less of a spoiled and whiney assed teen.

Hopefully this change is permanent after she rejoins the group...

cookster50 11-03-2014 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11081464)

Would.

notorious 11-03-2014 05:29 PM

LMAO

They only abduct the small and the weak.

Just wait until they get a load of Carol.

Sure-Oz 11-03-2014 05:55 PM

Carol is gonna kick some ass

notorious 11-03-2014 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 11082552)
Carol is gonna kick some ass

She is the ultimate wolf in sheep's clothing.

It's going to be awesome.

Gonzo 11-03-2014 11:53 PM

Carol was my most disliked of group until last season when she became a hardass. Something tells me it's gonna be a Carol/Daryl slaughter-fest.

Rausch 11-04-2014 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gonzo (Post 11083376)
Something tells me it's gonna be a Carol/Daryl slaughter-fest.

I'd love to see an opening scene where Rick does that nervous thing where he looks one direction, then turns his head the opposite direction...then...

Reaches down...slowly pulls out....red handled machete.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-AWs1dlq0nH...l_DeadShed.jpg

Cut to opening credits.

You just see that machete now and you know it's on...

TinyEvel 11-04-2014 12:30 AM

Halfway through this episode I was like "Why the **** am I watching this? The writing is terrible, and the story is slow. This sucks." Then I just hung in for a while, and was like 'Oh, right. Zombies"

but this show is turning into a pattern where they core Rick group plus or minus one to three people comes across a new community of people, and those people turn out to be not what they seem (the governor, Terminex, this cop bitch).

Clearly the zombies are just an environment. they aren't the real enemy. They are a "situation." They are the island in LOST, they are the nuclear war in fallout 3 they are the upside down boat in Poseidon adventure etc. They are just a situation that brings out extreme behavior in people. People are the real enemy and danger in this show.
duh, i know.

lcarus 11-04-2014 01:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11081464)

I like her. Her and her rabbit teeth.

Silock 11-04-2014 01:20 AM

https://i.imgur.com/1Q05gKD.jpg

Gonzo 11-04-2014 01:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 11083426)
Halfway through this episode I was like "Why the **** am I watching this? The writing is terrible, and the story is slow. This sucks." Then I just hung in for a while, and was like 'Oh, right. Zombies"

but this show is turning into a pattern where they core Rick group plus or minus one to three people comes across a new community of people, and those people turn out to be not what they seem (the governor, Terminex, this cop bitch).

Clearly the zombies are just an environment. they aren't the real enemy. They are a "situation." They are the island in LOST, they are the nuclear war in fallout 3 they are the upside down boat in Poseidon adventure etc. They are just a situation that brings out extreme behavior in people. People are the real enemy and danger in this show.
duh, i know.

I'm a huge defender of this show but ya, I get your point completely.
I think the writing has improved lately. The show is pretty much following the comics' storyline and the comics made a huge point of minimizing the zombies for a while and dealing more with the inhuman ways people begin treating one another in that situation.
If you go back to seasons 1 and 2, you'll notice some really shitty acting and so-so writing.
They've improved over the last few seasons...
I guess what it boils down to is yeah, it's gearing more towards dealing with assholes and the zombies are something they've learned to just deal with.

Gonzo 11-04-2014 01:31 AM

http://i.imgur.com/5eAtEdL.gif

Gonzo 11-04-2014 01:32 AM

http://i.imgur.com/Wwjr1nY.jpg

Gonzo 11-04-2014 01:36 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Silock 11-04-2014 02:49 AM

lol

Best meme ever.

Kman34 11-04-2014 06:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TinyEvel (Post 11083426)

duh, i know.

http://i.huffpost.com/gadgets/slides...20717_free.gif

Fire Me Boy! 11-04-2014 12:19 PM

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hpho...f3&oe=54E910DC

journeyscarab 11-04-2014 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11083973)

:LOL:

CORAAL!

ThaVirus 11-04-2014 12:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Silock (Post 11083480)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy! (Post 11083973)

So good.

ThaVirus 11-04-2014 12:31 PM

Especially love he "Coral" and how he's all in his face in the last frame.

Gonzo 11-04-2014 01:25 PM

http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/2013...86122051-3.jpg

Radar Chief 11-04-2014 01:29 PM

http://i57.tinypic.com/33423up.jpg

Gonzo 11-04-2014 01:31 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/dstrt.jpg