ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Misc Conspiracy, the Paranormal, the Unexplained and the Esoteric (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=290020)

Baby Lee 01-25-2015 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 11291394)
Thought I once saw Bigfoot, but it turned out to be Frazod's wife.

I once thought I saw the refrigerator that saved Indiana Jones' life, but it turned out to be Frazod's kitchen.

notorious 01-25-2015 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11289614)
Jesus dude. This sounds terrifying.

I hate to make you talk about it but would you mind sharing any specifics of what you experienced?

It doesn't happen often, but if you check a few pages back you will find a post in which I described an occurrence.

keg in kc 01-25-2015 10:38 PM

Anyone familiar with the Marconi scientists?

Simply Red 01-26-2015 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11292358)
Anyone familiar with the Marconi scientists?

no.

Baby Lee 01-26-2015 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11292712)
no.

It's a rash of scientists who died under conditions considered suspicious when considered as a whole who were all involved in military tech development.

google it.

keg in kc 01-26-2015 09:59 AM

All connected with SDI I think. I've heard Nick Redfern talk about it but never in great detail.

Fish 01-26-2015 03:23 PM

<iframe width="570" height="320" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Mloo3kxQfFM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

A strange grey UFO has caused something of a stir in the conspiracy community after NASA caught the object on its ISS live feed camera and then promptly cut the lived feed as soon as it appeared.

The small, grey object is seen coming up over the horizon and then disappearing just moments later as NASA cuts the feed and switches to another of the cameras.

The event took place on 15 January 2015 and will no doubt fuel conspiracy theorist's belief that NASA is deliberately hiding footage of potential UFOs.

http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2015...n_6499224.html

mr. tegu 01-26-2015 03:58 PM

That is pretty cool. It is really hard to tell how big it is, but it is one of those things were it is quite interesting that the feed would be cut.

keg in kc 01-26-2015 04:04 PM

Been a lot of wonky stuff around the ISS, and NASA has been hiding things as long as it's existed. Although it has to be more difficult today than ever.

Easy 6 01-26-2015 05:39 PM

Thats about the 5th time this month they've cut the camera over strange things hovering about.

Simply Red 01-26-2015 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11293421)
Been a lot of wonky stuff around the ISS, and NASA has been hiding things as long as it's existed. Although it has to be more difficult today than ever.

Shifting gears just a sec. Did you catch Sons of Liberty on History?

notorious 01-26-2015 09:02 PM

That's obviously swamp gas.

Baby Lee 01-26-2015 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11293965)
That's obviously swamp gas.

I don't think much of that, intelligence satellite in classified orbit is plenty plausible.

Rausch 01-26-2015 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11294042)
I don't think much of that, intelligence CRAFT in classified orbit is plenty plausible.

Baby Lee 01-26-2015 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 11294061)

tuhmaytoe

Point being, it's not observers from another galaxy.

It's something we paid for, built and put there.

Rausch 01-26-2015 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11294089)
tuhmaytoe

Most people would be shocked at the $#it DARPA puts on their website and admits to.

keg in kc 01-26-2015 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 11293949)
Shifting gears just a sec. Did you catch Sons of Liberty on History?

No, sure didn't.

Simply Red 01-26-2015 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11294130)
No, sure didn't.

I think I recommend it - It's pretty cool seeing the different historic figures assembled with plot. I'm enjoying it - It's good for a History Channel offering. Recommended.

Jerm 01-27-2015 07:26 AM

I was watching some vids on the Phoenix Lights last night...super interesting, still one of my fav. UFO cases.

The governor's complete flip flop is still astounding to me...I remember the PC he held to make a complete mockery of it.

keg in kc 01-27-2015 07:58 AM

The Phoenix Lights and the Stephenville (Texas) Lights from 2008 are both fantastic.

The most recent Paracast (one of my favorite ever episodes) was about Triangular UFOs and briefly forwarded the long-running theory that there were actually two levels to the Phoenix event: the actual event, a massive triangle which hundreds witnessed moving slowly through the area during daylight but no one caught on video, and a hastily scrambled flight of a10s dropping flares later after dark which is what all the video from later in the evening shows.

In any case, the afore-mentioned ep: http://www.theparacast.com/podcast/n...-david-marler/

(Fair warning, paracast has commercials)

keg in kc 01-27-2015 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11294089)
tuhmaytoe

That's my assumption as well. Operative being 'us' referring to human. It could be Russian or Chinese. I have a feeling there may be a lot of brinksmanship going on in orbit these days.

mr. tegu 01-27-2015 08:26 AM

I am not completely up to date but as I recall the Phoenix lights being flares was largely debunked. Is that not the case anymore?

keg in kc 01-27-2015 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 11294518)
I am not completely up to date but as I recall the Phoenix lights being flares was largely debunked. Is that not the case anymore?

Many believe the popular video from that night that's brought out anytime anybody does a tv show on it were flares. The event from earlier in the day that hundreds or even thousands of people saw over the course of hundreds of miles was definitely not flares.

Easy 6 01-27-2015 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11294042)
I don't think much of that, intelligence satellite in classified orbit is plenty plausible.

The thing about it being a top secret satellite is, if it belongs to an ISS nation, or even if it didnt... they would surely have been tracking it and would've cut the camera long before it came into view.

It also looks like it rises out of earths atmosphere, thats not what a satellite does.

Baby Lee 01-27-2015 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11294663)
The thing about it being a top secret satellite is, if it belongs to an ISS nation, or even if it didnt... they would surely have been tracking it and would've cut the camera long before it came into view.

It also looks like it rises out of earths atmosphere, thats not what a satellite does.

Did it put anything in your butt?

Easy 6 01-27-2015 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 11294668)
Did it put anything in your butt?

Not that I'm aware of...

Beef Supreme 01-27-2015 12:01 PM

I just want to go on record. There is nothing in my butt that can save the aliens or their dying planet. No need to check.

Fish 01-27-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigChiefTablet (Post 11295046)
I just want to go on record. There is nothing in my butt that can save the aliens or their dying planet. No need to check.

That's exactly what someone with something important in their butt would say.....

:tinfoil:

keg in kc 01-27-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11295105)
That's exactly what someone with something important in their butt would say.....

:tinfoil:

His brain maybe. Such as it is. I mean it's logical. If that's where his head is, where else would they look?

keg in kc 01-27-2015 12:41 PM

Interesting article about a potential previously unknown species of human in China 60 to 120 thousand years ago, which would bring the currently believed number of species to I think five: http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150...ecies-of-human

Buck 01-27-2015 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11295180)
Interesting article about a potential previously unknown species of human in China 60 to 120 thousand years ago, which would bring the currently believed number of species to I think five: http://www.bbc.com/earth/story/20150...ecies-of-human

I was wondering as I was showering this morning when a new species of human would evolve from us.

Buck 01-27-2015 10:50 PM

http://deadspin.com/whatever-happene...ase-1681106095

keg in kc 01-27-2015 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 11296149)
I was wondering as I was showering this morning when a new species of human would evolve from us.

It's already started. 30 years from now we'll be fully integrated with technology, internally connected to wireless networks. 50 years from now medical and nanotechnology will have all but eliminated disease and dramatically reduced aging. At least it will be that way for some small segment of the population. Assuming we haven't eradicated ourselves with nuclear weapons or weaponized bioagents. We're right on the cusp of the theorized singularity event.

Rausch 01-28-2015 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11296180)
It's already started. 30 years from now we'll be fully integrated with technology, internally connected to wireless networks. 50 years from now medical and nanotechnology will have all but eliminated disease and dramatically reduced aging. At least it will be that way for some small segment of the population. Assuming we haven't eradicated ourselves with nuclear weapons or weaponized bioagents. We're right on the cusp of the theorized singularity event.

I was binge watching "Black Mirror" about a week or two ago and I think they're more right than wrong.

What if the governmment paid people $0.15 a mile to generate electricity on a stationary bike?

A cleaner and more healthy society while you get fit.

And I don't think our society is ready for gene selection. Would a mixed race couple choose to pick more "white" traits because they think that would help their child make more money and suffer less racism?

Would a gay couple do the same?

Easy 6 01-28-2015 05:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11296180)

Have you, or has anyone else, watched Transcendence?

It covers that ground really well IMO, cant believe it was such a bomb, a really good movie IMO... it was a timely story on that very subject that you'd think people would've flocked to considering this age were in.

Me? I have ZERO desire to be some disembodied and soulless consciousness that exists only in a microchip, or to even be "wired up" to the matrix in any way that you're describing above... let me die, and go wherever home is.

There is a line that will be crossed with that technology, and its certainly on the way, where people will stop being people and become machines... when that happens I hope the earth is wiped out.

keg in kc 01-28-2015 06:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11297653)
Me? I have ZERO desire to be some disembodied and soulless consciousness that exists only in a microchip, or to even be "wired up" to the matrix in any way that you're describing above... let me die, and go wherever home is.

There is a line that will be crossed with that technology, and its certainly on the way, where people will stop being people and become machines... when that happens I hope the earth is wiped out.

I'm envisioning something almost exactly like today, just instead of carrying devices they'd be internal. I'm not sure that machines won't help us overcome our inherent nature, rather than destroy it. And while this isn't directly connected, in my mind it is connected loosly, and that's that I don't think it's locked in stone that artificial intelligence will go the Terminator route. Although I think it's possible. I think machines could make us better humans. It just depends on a lot of factors. In any case it's not something I'm afraid of. But it is something to be wary of.

Some theorize that we're already part of a matrix. I'm not a believer in that particular train of thought myself. It's like sort of a pop culture religion.

As far as the earth being wiped out because it's something you don't like, that sounds like a techno version of the Rapture, that 16th century concept honed in the 19th century and popularized in the 1990s. Which is a whole 'nother topic, the mad fantasy people have about ending the world. It's been interesting living in the transition from the 19th to the 20th century and around 2012.

Easy 6 01-28-2015 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11297706)
I'm envisioning something almost exactly like today, just instead of carrying devices they'd be internal. I'm not sure that machines won't help us overcome our inherent nature, rather than destroy it. I don't think it's locked in stone that artificial intelligence will go the Terminator route... I think machines could make us better humans.

Shortened your post up to address what I wanted to say, but... yes, we already see the technology being not just tested, but being proven in labs, and more... where machinery becomes one with a person.

One easy example is military jet fighter tech, where all a pilot has to do is look a certain direction and think a certain thing to get his craft to respond.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0527101454.htm

http://content.time.com/time/nation/...841108,00.html

http://www.flightglobal.com/news/art...e-here-355197/

Frankly, I believe this tech to be much further along than even these articles attest to.

As far as machines affecting our basic nature, I honestly believe they will negatively affect our inherent nature in an extremely negative way... people, both ourselves and others are not just bits of data.

I believe, as do many many others, that technology is already making us a less personable and more disconnected from one another as a species... where a Facespace "friend" makes one feel like they're engaged with the world, when in fact you'll most likely never even meet that "friend", and if one does, you'll probably both spend all of that time too busy watching ones phone and worrying about all of your other "friends" to connect with the one in front of you.

As far as AI, even Elon Musk, a definite envelope pusher in the field of future tech, is literally scared to death of what it might mean/what it might become, and soon...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0NTb10Au-Ic" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 01-28-2015 07:35 PM

I'm not saying it won't go that way. I'm saying it doesn't have to go that way.

As far as being more personable and less connected, I don't disagree. I'm about as disconnected as someone can be. I literally do not have a single friend who isn't virtual. But I never had friends before this technical evolution either, so I'm actually in contact with more people people now than I was before the internet, albeit in a very different yet still very real way.

In other words, what we're seeing may not be the end of connection, but the beginning of a different kind of connection.

But it's admittedly human nature to fear change....

And yes, technology in the dark sector is decades beyond what we have. I would imagine it's decades beyond anything in your articles.

notorious 01-28-2015 07:42 PM

Battlestar Galactica was right........

keg in kc 01-28-2015 07:46 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6XbKcunJmfw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Easy 6 01-28-2015 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11297803)
I'm not saying it won't go that way. I'm saying it doesn't have to go that way.

As far as being more personable and less connected, I don't disagree. I'm about as disconnected as someone can be. I literally do not have a single friend who isn't virtual. But I never had friends before this technical evolution either, so I'm actually in contact with more people people now than I was before the internet, albeit in a very different yet still very real way.

In other words, what we're seeing may not be the end of connection, but the beginning of a different kind of connection.

But it's admittedly human nature to fear change....

And yes, technology in the dark sector is decades beyond what we have. I would imagine it's decades beyond anything in your articles.

Sentence one... I simply disagree, its impossible for me to see how becoming more machine-like could help us as a species feel and empathize with another living being.

It can only break that human connection, IMO.

You dont have any friends outside the internet? thats hard to believe, I mean... I consider you a frie, wait... what?

I genuinely believe that the "scared of change" label can only go so far, at some point it will become a "you're right to fear change" truth... being connected to 24/7 to some world wide network is hardly my idea of humanity.

Nanobots in my heart cleaning out all of the Big Macs I ate? hell yeah... a chip in my head letting me see your facebook profile in my brain just by thinking about it?

Categorically inhuman and scary, it may sound sillly but its straight up Borg territory.

As for the "skunkworks" side of our defense budget... oh yeah, you're not blind, they're waaay ahead of what most people would even guess at.

keg in kc 01-28-2015 08:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11297829)
its impossible for me to see how becoming more machine-like could help us as a species feel and empathize with another living being.

And there's your problem. Gotta open your mind to possibilities.

Quote:

You dont have any friends outside the internet? thats hard to believe, I mean... I consider you a frie, wait... what?
I actually have one work friend. Otherwise every single other person I know, outside of my family, I met online.

The internet has actually been great for me. I predate the internet (I'm 41) so I do know what the world was like before. I had no friends in secondary school or in college. I have literally zero social skills. I am a very nice guy, a very friendly guy, but I simply can't talk to or associate with people beyond basic greetings and small talk. Mid- to late-90s I was able to start meeting people online and it's changed my life in a lot of ways. I consider a lot of people here friends, people I've known for even longer than the board's been in existence (most of the old-timers met on the old KC Star bulletin board) and have even met a few in the real world, as difficult as that is for me. And we would have never met without the existence of the internet. I would never have been able to express myself well enough to develop any sort of connection with anyone.

There are certain things the internet brings which almost nobody mentions. Namely instantaneous communications with virtually anyone in the entire world. Which may change paradigms given enough time, and the assumption that the US government doesn't destroy the 'net the way that they seem intent upon doing, in the name of security and copyright infringement. For the first time in human history, strangers in strange lands, so to speak, are actually real, living, breathing people you can talk to regardless of distance. For the first time we can actually see for ourselves that in many places people are just like us. Not to mention that we can see just how many ****ed up people live in our own neck of the woods (I switched battlestar galactica embed links above because the first was posted by a white supremecist).

Good can come out of technology. I don't believe that destruction is the only possible destination. Whether good will come out of it is the question. If it does lead to the end of humanity, it won't be because of the technology itself, it will be because of the people who created it, and the people who abused it during and after its development. Which is a real worry for me since most of the development is being done for military application. But technology itself is not evil. It's people that are evil.

keg in kc 01-28-2015 08:12 PM

This is neat: http://motherboard.vice.com/read/her...roid-hit-earth

Quote:

Here's What Would Happen If an Earth-Sized Asteroid Hit Earth
Written by
Becky Ferreira
Contributor
January 26, 2015 // 04:18 PM EST

​This morning, an enormous space rock missed Earth by a narrow margin of 745,000 miles, or about three times the distance from the Earth to the Moon. With a diameter of 550 meters and a velocity of about 35,000 miles per hour, the asteroid, known as 2004 BL86, will be so bright in the evening sky that it will be visible through binoculars. Scientists don’t expect another object of this size to pass so closely to Earth until August 7, 2027.

This time around, we got lucky. But speculatively speaking, what if asteroid 2004 BL86 wasn’t a passing curiosity? What if it hurtled towards us just a little earlier, and instead of flying freely through the wake of Earth’s orbit, it collided with us head on? How bad would the damage be?

Fortunately, there is an online tool for calculating the apocalyptic potential of various impact scenarios. Run by Purdue University, Impact Earth allows users to input details about asteroids, comets, and other cosmic death traps, then crunches the numbers on the fallout.

I gave the calculator the known details about asteroid 2004 BL86, including its diameter and velocity. I entered a hypothetical mid-range angle of 45 degrees, and specified that the asteroid hit sedimentary land, not water. Then, I asked it to tell me what the damage would be like one kilometer away from the impact site. After a dramatic animation of an asteroid hitting New England, Impact Earth gave me a rundown of the designer catastrophe.

Naturally, it wasn’t pretty. “The projectile begins to breakup at an altitude of 49,800 meters (16,3000 ft),” Impact Earth predicted. It would be fractured by the time it hit the ground, striking the surface at a velocity of about 7.95 miles per second.

The energy released would be about 5,120 megatons, which is 100 times more powerful than the strongest nuclear bomb ever detonated. It would leave behind a crater with a diameter of 3.64 miles and a depth of 1.26 miles—similar dimensions to Alabama’s Wetumpka crater. But as the calculator noted under the “Global Damage” category, the impact would not be enough to disrupt the Earth on a global level by altering its orbit or its axial tilt.
More story at the link, plus some pics.

And the impact earth link: http://www.purdue.edu/impactearth/

keg in kc 01-28-2015 08:15 PM

This is also really cool: http://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-31001936

Quote:

Distant exoplanet hosts giant ring system

Paul Rincon By Paul Rincon Science editor, BBC News website
27 January 2015 Last updated at 08:53 ET

Astronomers say they have discovered a planet with a gigantic ring system that is 200 times larger than that around Saturn.

It is the first such structure detected around a planet beyond our Solar System.

The researchers say there are probably more than 30 rings, each measuring tens of millions of kilometres in diameter.

The findings by a Dutch-US team are to be published in the Astrophysical Journal.

Gaps detected in the ring system also suggest that some of the material may already have coalesced to form moons. This phenomenon can be seen at work in Saturn's rings today.

"You could think of it as kind of a super Saturn," said Prof Eric Mamajek, from the University of Rochester in the US.

The rings were found in data gathered by the SuperWASP observatory, which can detect exoplanets as they cross in front of their parent stars, causing the light from them to dim.

In this case, the astronomers saw a complex series of deep eclipses lasting for 56 days. They think this is caused by a planet with a giant ring system blocking out light as it passes in front of the star J1407.

"The light curve from end-to-end took about two months, but we could see very rapid changes in the space of one night," lead author Dr Matthew Kenworthy, from the University of Leiden, the Netherlands, told BBC News.

"Over a time of half an hour, the star can dim by 30 or 40%."

If Saturn's rings were the same size as those around J1407b, they would be easily visible from Earth at night and would be many times larger than a full Moon.

Other possibilities, such as a planet-forming disc (the swirling mass of dust and gas from which planets form around a star) can be ruled out. A disc, says Dr Kenworthy, would produce much smoother changes in the light curve of J1407.

Last year, the astronomers tried to find the planet itself, but were not able to observe it.

"We threw the kitchen sink at this, we tried every single technique that we could think of," said Dr Kenworthy.

"But the lack of a detection means it has to be substellar, and the only thing that could hold these rings in place is a planet."

The team thinks that the planet itself is most likely a gas giant like Jupiter, but between 10 and 40 times as massive as that planet.

The distant ringworld, named J1407b, might also offer a glimpse - on a much larger scale - of the process that led to the formation of moons around gas giants in our own Solar System.

"The planetary science community has theorised for decades that planets like Jupiter and Saturn would have had, at an early stage, disks around them that then led to the formation of satellites," said Prof Mamajek.

The astronomers found at least one clean gap in the ring structure.

"One obvious explanation is that a satellite formed and carved out this gap," said Dr Kenworthy. "The mass of the satellite could be between that of Earth and Mars."

The researchers are encouraging amateur astronomers to help monitor J1407, which would help detect the next eclipse of the rings. Observations of J1407 can be reported to the American Association of Variable Star Observers (AAVSO).
This artist's impression shows how the ring system might look in our night sky if they were put around Saturn:

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/image...7_80548355.jpg

Jerm 01-28-2015 08:16 PM

But it would be an ELE right?

keg in kc 01-28-2015 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11297898)
But it would be an ELE right?

If you mean the earth size asteroid hitting earth, yeah, lol.

The projection was that it would create another asteroid belt between venus and mars.

I've always been a fan of the collision theory for the current asteroid belt, although there's still debate over that.

Easy 6 01-28-2015 08:23 PM

Nodded my head along with an awful lot of #282, but you and I and everyone else are part of the generation that is reaping the rewards of this tech before it turns into Frankensteins monster IMO.

It hasnt advanced far enough in the day to day world to be scary yet, but hooking up worldwide 24/7 is still my idea of hell... at that point, were all just bee's in a hive IMO.

But again, there was a lot to agree and empathize with in that post, its a good conversation to have.

Jerm 01-28-2015 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11297904)
If you mean the earth size asteroid hitting earth, yeah, lol.

The projection was that it would create another asteroid belt between venus and mars.

I've always been a fan of the collision theory for the current asteroid belt, although there's still debate over that.

Holy shit, I totally glossed over it being an earth sized asteroid lol....

I wonder how big of an asteroid could hit we could absorb?

Easy 6 01-28-2015 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11298079)
Holy shit, I totally glossed over it being an earth sized asteroid lol....

I wonder how big of an asteroid could hit we could absorb?

I'm not 100% on this, but the mountain sized one that passed by yesterday was probably big enough to blot out the sun long enough to do the deed.

keg in kc 01-29-2015 12:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11298118)
I'm not 100% on this, but the mountain sized one that passed by yesterday was probably big enough to blot out the sun long enough to do the deed.

Don't believe so.

DMAC 01-29-2015 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buck (Post 11296149)

Humans are separating. There at some point will be a higher level of human to the point where we will have to create a new class.

I meet people where the range in intelligence gap is SO great, we could probably already do this.

keg in kc 01-30-2015 07:09 AM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6TxzAtyoK_0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

keg in kc 01-30-2015 08:52 AM

http://www.specialoperationsmanual.com/the-manual/
Quote:

Majestic-12 Group Special Operations Manual No. 1 -01 (SOM1-01)

Below are the scanned images of the photographs developed from 35 mm film in 1994 mailed to Don Berliner. Also included are five replica pages of the UFOB guide (Guide to UFO Identification), these pages were released via the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) in 8.5 x 11 courier type font and when re-typed into the SOM1-01 formatting they precisely align with the leaked Table of Contents entries all three of them.

Easy 6 01-30-2015 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11300017)

Thats what kills me about the ufo thing in particular, the proof is out there for anyone willing to look and listen.

ToxSocks 01-30-2015 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11300017)

Interesting. But seems to have been debunked already.

keg in kc 01-30-2015 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11300323)

It's open for debate, like most things tied to mj-12. Stanton Friedman had some interesting comments on the authenticity of it last night on coast to coast. I was a little surprised he was convinced of the validity. He thinks most of the mj-12 docs are fake.

Easy 6 01-30-2015 11:48 AM

Quote:

Thats possibly true, I dont know but will take your word for it... but the documents listed in the first paragraph of this link are a matter of public record thanks to the FOIA.

http://www.stantonfriedman.com/index...fdt=2004.04.15

Rausch 01-30-2015 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 11300268)
Thats what kills me about the ufo thing in particular, the proof is out there for anyone willing to look and listen.

This.

And it's out there by respected men in reputable positions.

Astronauts, military men, pilots, etc.

Abduction cases are also hard to dismiss once you weed out the chaff.

There are THOUSANDS of cases of reputable people with strange experiences...

Fish 01-30-2015 12:09 PM

Quote:

Yeah. Don Berliner himself later said it was fake. I understand that the documents made reference to Area 51 S-4. But that designation didn't even exist until well after the dates on the documents. Along with a bunch of other stuff.

Not trying to piss on the nature of the thread, but that's pretty much accepted.

Jerm 01-30-2015 12:31 PM

So where do you guys stand on the Betty & Barney Hill and Travis Walton abductions?

Fire in the Sky freaked the ever loving hell out of me as a kid and it's still freaky to this day...

keg in kc 01-30-2015 12:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11300402)
Yeah. Don Berliner himself later said it was fake. I understand that the documents made reference to Area 51 S-4. But that designation didn't even exist until well after the dates on the documents. Along with a bunch of other stuff.

Not trying to piss on the nature of the thread, but that's pretty much accepted.

The nature of the thread is simply to provide a place to discuss this stuff. I post what I find interesting or entertaining but my interest should never be confused with belief in any particular thing. If you have some conflicting information for anything feel free to post it. Wouldn't be much of a discussion without different viewpoints.

Regarding the manual, if I remember right Berliner was ambivalent about them from the very beginning. There's been a pretty heavy effort to debunk them all along, as well as work to ascertain their provenance.

I tend to think of them much like the mj-12 docs: they're probably fake, with some snippets of real information in them. I think, for example, there was a group much like that outlined in the mj-12 docs, including the rumored members, but it was called something else.

I think there's a combination of disinformation by people like Doty and Moore, which includes some kernels of truth and some few real whistleblowers.

The story behind the manual seems very far fetched, some unknown individual taking pictures of them and then getting them developed at a pharmacy, or however it goes.

But on the flip side if they are fake then who, how and why? Just to **** with Berliner, try to pull one over on ufo nuts? To try to make some cash? Seems like an awful lot of work for no real payoff.

ToxSocks 01-30-2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11300402)

And on top of that, the document was made with, allegedly, the same type writer used in other counterfeit reports, and Truman's signature was directly lifted off another document. Im not 100% on the details, but there seems to be substantial evidence against it.

And yeah, im not trying to shit on the thread either.

I find this stuff very, very fascinating. I was watching a documentary the other night on the Phoenix Lights.....now there's one that's hard to explain.

keg in kc 01-30-2015 12:52 PM

On a completely unrelated note, I think the next few years will be interesting with regards to RAF Bentwaters. I think/have always thought Rendlesham may be more of a watershed event than even Roswell, and we'll have a lot of people hitting retirement age before too long.

ToxSocks 01-30-2015 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11300450)
Fire in the Sky freaked the ever loving hell out of me as a kid

Oh man....same here.

I was 8-9 years old, home alone at night and decided to watch this. Freaked me the **** out.

keg in kc 01-30-2015 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11300478)
And on top of that, the document was made with, allegedly, the same type writer used in other counterfeit reports, and Truman's signature was directly lifted off another document. Im not 100% on the details, but there seems to be substantial evidence against it.

And yeah, im not trying to shit on the thread either.

I find this stuff very, very fascinating. I was watching a documentary the other night on the Phoenix Lights.....now there's one that's hard to explain.

I think you might be mixing your stories but I'm not sure.

In any case you can't shit on the thread. I'm not sure why you guys keep worrying about that.

I would suggest though that if you're going to make some broad claims (pro or con) it might be worthwhile to provide some links to support or verify what you're saying. I follow this stuff pretty closely but it's impossible to keep track of every book or interview. So anything you may have seen or heard that sheds light (about anything...) I'm interested in hearing about.

keg in kc 01-30-2015 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 11300482)
Oh man....same here.

I was 8-9 years old, home alone at night and decided to watch this. Freaked me the **** out.

Travis Walton's given some good interviews in the last six months.

His story is actually quite a bit different from the movie. He thinks he was killed by accident, brought aboard the ship and brought back to life. Technologically I should say, not some woowoo new age stuff.

I know one interview was on the paracast. I'll have to dig around for any others. Might have done open minds. Was I think on coast to coast but that wouldn't be available.

keg in kc 01-30-2015 01:10 PM

Here's the paracast: http://www.theparacast.com/podcast/n...travis-walton/

Rausch 01-30-2015 01:11 PM

Once you've read a number of books from "INTRUDERS" to strange $3it like "COMMUNION" to the "Interrupted Journey" about the Betty and Barney Hill case there is only one thing you can conclude: IF these reports are reliable their perceptions have been distorted.

At the very beginning of these abductions all of them report time/perception distortions.

And each time someone is "taken" there's a description of something happening that we know not to be possible.

What if the "agent responsible" has the ability to cause hallucinations and sensations in people ? Be that the terrestrial or otherwise.

It's impossible to deny something is going on. There are far too many reports by otherwise sane people.

We should immediately quit questioning if something is going on and start investigating WHAT is going on...

keg in kc 01-30-2015 01:13 PM

Open Minds with Travis Walton: http://www.blogtalkradio.com/ufo_rad...duction-update

Fish 01-30-2015 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11300468)
The nature of the thread is simply to provide a place to discuss this stuff. I post what I find interesting or entertaining but my interest should never be confused with belief in any particular thing. If you have some conflicting information for anything feel free to post it. Wouldn't be much of a discussion without different viewpoints.

I appreciate the sentiment. But I don't really have much desire to be the debunking guy that shits on the thread contents, despite the urge with some of these topics. That's a surefire way for the thread to get stupid. Plus scott's head might actually explode.

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11300468)
Regarding the manual, if I remember right Berliner was ambivalent about them from the very beginning. There's been a pretty heavy effort to debunk them all along, as well as work to ascertain their provenance.

I tend to think of them much like the mj-12 docs: they're probably fake, with some snippets of real information in them. I think, for example, there was a group much like that outlined in the mj-12 docs, including the rumored members, but it was called something else.

I think there's a combination of disinformation by people like Doty and Moore, which includes some kernels of truth and some few real whistleblowers.

The story behind the manual seems very far fetched, some unknown individual taking pictures of them and then getting them developed at a pharmacy, or however it goes.

But on the flip side if they are fake then who, how and why? Just to **** with Berliner, try to pull one over on ufo nuts? To try to make some cash? Seems like an awful lot of work for no real payoff.

The most popular of the debunkers have said that it was a misinformation thing. To me, it feels really fake. Like it was written with a very different audience in mind than military investigators. It had a bunch of useless info that you wouldn't expect.

Why would anybody go to the work of doing it? Same reason idiots go out in ape gear and make fake Bigfoot sightings.

keg in kc 01-30-2015 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11300695)
I appreciate the sentiment. But I don't really have much desire to be the debunking guy that shits on the thread contents, despite the urge with some of these topics. That's a surefire way for the thread to get stupid. Plus scott's head might actually explode.

I'm already that guy. I think we should all look skeptically at all of this. That's not being a debunker. That's acknowledging that you don't know everything and looking for evidence of whatever the truth is rather than believing (or not, in the case of debunkers...) in something just because I/you/we decide we want to.

That's the dirty little secrets about debunkers: at their core they're just a different kind of believer. Anti-believers maybe. Whatever they are, it's not skeptical and it doesn't have anything to do with science. That's not what you're doing.

Discussing reasons why something may not be real is exactly the kind of thing we should be doing...

Easy 6 01-30-2015 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11300450)
So where do you guys stand on the Betty & Barney Hill and Travis Walton abductions?

Fire in the Sky freaked the ever loving hell out of me as a kid and it's still freaky to this day...

The Hills was probably the first well publicized case of abduction, and try as many did to poke holes in their testimony, no one ever could.

Travis Walton, all I can say is that people have picked at it for decades now and no one has veered from their story one iota, many have even re-passed more modern polygraphs. The book was awesome, but in a very rare instance, a tv show/movie equaled the book. This episode of Paranormal Witness brings back all but one of the men there that night and the emotions are still just as plainly raw as they were that night, the one guy is still crying almost like a baby over the fear it produced in him, decades later...

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/z49-kPTzrIo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

PS - Fish, hahaha no... this is one subject I will promise to never argue or get all mad about, might have in the past a little bit, but the older I get the more I realize its not my job to convince anyone of anything.

I totally understand how hard it might be for so many to not give a second thought to if they hadnt witnessed the things I've witnessed.

Jerm 01-30-2015 04:33 PM

Yeah I watched that episode of Paranormal Witness which was awesome.

I actually quite like that show...

Sightings back in the day was another doozy...they were the first to bring the Sallie House case to light so they're cool in my book lol.

beach tribe 01-30-2015 10:31 PM

I swear to god the government manipulates the weather in South FL.
Which I think is cool, but why keep it a secret? I don't get it.
I'm gonna take some pics of this shit and show you guys.
At dawn, and I know this because I have been getting up and Slaying 2-3lb (and up) Bass out of the Golf course lake about 10 paces from my door, There is a crisscross of contrails across the sky.
By 1pm they have dispersed out and give a light cloud coverage that probably knocks the Temp down 5-10 deg.
Why all the secrecy?

keg in kc 01-31-2015 02:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 11301063)
Yeah I watched that episode of Paranormal Witness which was awesome.

I actually quite like that show...

Sightings back in the day was another doozy...they were the first to bring the Sallie House case to light so they're cool in my book lol.

Nothing has ever been as cool as In Search Of. Unsolved Mysteries was pretty good too.

Coochie liquor 01-31-2015 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 11301570)
Nothing has ever been as cool as In Search Of. Unsolved Mysteries was pretty good too.

Agree! I forgot about In Search Of. Also used to like this show, I think it was Scariest Places on Earth, was hosted by Linda Blair if I remember correctly.

Jerm 01-31-2015 08:43 AM

Anyone remember the show Fear on MTV?

Basically where they sent a group of young adults to various haunted locations and had them complete "challenges" which was usually something by themselves.

I was fascinated by that show lol.

Fishpicker 01-31-2015 11:10 AM

Hey Jerm, check this out. Donkey Kong is mind control. skip to 2:00 into the video.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8wFnqY2S2dM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Jerm 01-31-2015 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fishpicker (Post 11301768)
Hey Jerm, check this out. Donkey Kong is mind control. skip to 2:00 into the video.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/8wFnqY2S2dM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

LOL that explains everything...no wonder my machine talks to me.

Pepe Silvia 01-31-2015 02:24 PM

You wanna see some crazy shit check out The Donald Marshall Tapes. Now that shit is out there. ROFL