ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Josh Gordon to Chiefs (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339986)

bricks 09-27-2021 03:36 PM

We need our next Eddie Kennison and hopefully its Josh Gordon.

Sorce 09-27-2021 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15858981)
Ugh. I have a bad feeling about this.

**** your feelings.

penguinz 09-27-2021 03:39 PM

No reason he can't be productive right away running slants or other quick plays. He can slowly work into the more complex routes.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-27-2021 03:42 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Travis Kelce on the Josh Gordon signing! <a href="https://t.co/3aeWpbHftg">pic.twitter.com/3aeWpbHftg</a></p>&mdash; Dante&#39; Jones (@Dantej21) <a href="https://twitter.com/Dantej21/status/1442584831779610624?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

chiefzilla1501 09-27-2021 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Discuss Thrower (Post 15859302)
I get the guy is a physical specimen but, I may be totally wrong here, but playing WR in the Andy Reidcoast Offense requires its receivers to adapt their routes pre-snap based on defensive coverage?

Hasn't that aspect of the Chiefs offense required some time for players to adjust to?

Maybe, but also Gordon has lots of history with the wco offense. He started his career with shurmur/Childress and most recently worked under Brian Schottenheimer. Had a great year in a pure west coast offense as a rookie. Did particularly well in norvs Coryell offense. So the guy for being a degenerate seems to pick up on tricky offenses quickly.

13and3 09-27-2021 03:44 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Im sure he will be in the rotation.

rico 09-27-2021 03:44 PM

WHOA!

Easy 6 09-27-2021 03:45 PM

It absolutely IS a panic move, but the panic seems to be justified because everyone outside of Hill is trash

Hopefully it goes down like Megatron describes… give him a few simple routes to start and build from there as the season progresses

Hell maybe we get lucky here, and he’s finally ready to end his career on a HIGH note!

chiefzilla1501 09-27-2021 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15859360)
I guess there's some added risk that he actually does produce right away, the Chiefs say holy shit, we've fixed the problem! ...and then he runs into more problems before they really need him, and they can't trade for option B at that point.

But, that assumes there are other decent options out there to choose from and they would actually pull the trigger on those options.... or else, meh, guess we'll see.

So he's basically Sammy Watkins. But way cheaper.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-27-2021 03:49 PM

Tried telling y’all!! He’s gonna be here for more than just this year

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Per Schefter, Josh Gordon had multiple teams contact him about potentially signing. The Chiefs were reportedly attractive because he sees it as a long-term stop. Gordon turned 30 in April.</p>&mdash; Jordan Dajani (@JordanDajani) <a href="https://twitter.com/JordanDajani/status/1442595835271737346?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

13and3 09-27-2021 03:50 PM

He is going to be paid to Chief this time.

Imon Yourside 09-27-2021 03:51 PM

Winning! Upwards and Onwards!

TLO 09-27-2021 03:52 PM

Pretty excited about this, honestly.

Big upside.
Virtually no downside.

Worst case scenario he sucks or gets suspended again and we're right back where we started.

Tribal Warfare 09-27-2021 03:53 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/LGQOjMDaX48" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Kiimo 09-27-2021 03:53 PM

All the "he's gonna suck" people are basing it on fantasy football in my opinion.

BlackOp 09-27-2021 03:54 PM

Well...this has the potential to be interesting.

The way defenses are playing KC this season...a sure-handed, big-bodied possession WR could be useful.

Chiefs getting the preferable vet destination treatment...

Chris Meck 09-27-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TEX (Post 15859327)
Never. He's an addict.

Yeah, addicts are all lost causes. They never turn their lives around.

:shake:

TLO 09-27-2021 03:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15859408)

The way defenses are plying KC this season...a sure-handed, big-bodied possession WR could be useful.

But how does Vegas see it?

keg in kc 09-27-2021 03:54 PM

This might have been something in 2015. In 2021 it's just signing an older guy that hasn't done anything in the NFL for years.

TLO 09-27-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15859412)
This might have been something in 2015. In 2021 it's just signing an older guy that hasn't done anything in the NFL for years.

An older guy that doesn't have a lot of mileage on his body. (From football anyway)

Kiimo 09-27-2021 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15859409)

Seriously.

Darren Waller is out there roasting fools

Kiimo 09-27-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15859412)

He played in 2019 and again is four years younger than Antonio Brown.

Coochie liquor 09-27-2021 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15859282)
Ah, figured it was a Bills fan given the apparent traumatic brain injury.

Not positive, but his small post history seems to stink of Faders.

Herewego 09-27-2021 03:57 PM

Why not?

Abba-Dabba 09-27-2021 03:58 PM

I'm good with it.

Bowser 09-27-2021 03:58 PM

Shut up, haters. The fourth (fifth?) opportunity is the charm!

For real, though - if he can stay not high for the next six months (or let's be for real here, too - not get caught), this has the opportunity to take this offense to a new level. And even though we've looked pretty pedestrian the last two weeks, we're STILL moving the ball.

I'm legit stoked.

keg in kc 09-27-2021 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15859419)
He played in 2019 and again is four years younger than Antonio Brown.

Thanks for helping prove my point, I guess?

The Franchise 09-27-2021 03:59 PM

We aren’t signing him to be the #1 option. He’s still third and cheaper than Watkins.

DJ's left nut 09-27-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15859408)

The way defenses are playing KC this season...a sure-handed, big-bodied possession WR could be useful.

Chiefs getting the preferable vet destination treatment...

If he takes 2 or 3 quick slants or drags that get him over the middle for 20 yards because the safeties aren't respecting that #2 receiver, that alone will be enough to change how they defend Hill.

Can he still do that? No way of knowing, but the guy has absolutely top-shelf ability at one time and very few miles on the odometer.

People who aren't at least a little intrigued by this confuse me.

Kiimo 09-27-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 15859425)
Thanks for helping prove my point, I guess?

If your point is you have moronic takes, you're welcome

crispystl 09-27-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13and3 (Post 15859315)
Can he stop the run?

He can stop the run on any blunt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackOp 09-27-2021 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 15859411)
But how does Vegas see it?

Ask them...I have nothing to do with it.

I still enjoy the competitive aspects of the sport otherwise I wouldn't watch it...it's just free entertainment for me at this point.

Coochie liquor 09-27-2021 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15859306)
1. Good for them.

2. We don't need to see any more games where Tyreek is double covered for the entire game. We need a big physical WR opposite of him.

3. Its not desperation as much as it is about being cheap. And if he's going to figure it out somewhere, it will be with Andy Reid and Mahomes.

4. I was surprised how much FA wideouts went for on the open market last offseason. We need to draft one and sign one.

Seemed to me that most signed with their existing teams to one year deals so they can hit the 2022 market. Juju may have killed a good opportunity staying in Shitsburgh with Broke Ben, when he would have seen lots of targets with Hill being constantly double covered. Maybe Bell complaining about Andy made him decide to stay. He would have been big in this offense.

Bearcat 09-27-2021 04:01 PM

What's with the "panic move" obsession? Is that the latest craze for all those shows people say they hate watching, but still watch?

It's not like they just traded 3 first round picks to get Sammy Watkins back... it's pretty low level "panic" where the "panic" is practically a non-issue in terms of risk, for people to be so wrapped up in that buzz word. You know, "panic".

Chris Meck 09-27-2021 04:02 PM

Desperation? Nah.

It's a typical Veach flyer on a high reward low risk talent.

If he's anywhere near the same player he was, he's a STEAL and a difference maker.

If he's half the player he was, he's probably still the second best WR on the team.

He costs nothing, no picks, and little money. Why in the world wouldn't you give him a shot to prove himself?

If he flakes out, no harm done. If he comes in and busts his ass, we'll drop 40 burgers on ****ing everyone from week 7 on.

Bowser 09-27-2021 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15859426)
We aren’t signing him to be the #1 option. He’s still third and cheaper than Watkins.

Exactly.

If, IF he's held on to his route running and ball tracking skills along with his strong hands, he's going to be murdering the middle zone with Hill and Kelce getting all the attention this time next month.

redfan 09-27-2021 04:02 PM

The ship. To it.

Easy 6 09-27-2021 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15859432)
What's with the "panic move" obsession? Is that the latest craze for all those shows people say they hate watching, but still watch?

It's not like they just traded 3 first round picks to get Sammy Watkins back... it's pretty low level "panic" where the "panic" is practically a non-issue in terms of risk, for people to be so wrapped up in that buzz word. You know, "panic".

You’re displaying panic bias

EMBRACE THE PANIC

Chris Meck 09-27-2021 04:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15859434)
Exactly.

If, IF he's held on to his route running and ball tracking skills along with his strong hands, he's going to be murdering the middle zone with Hill and Kelce getting all the attention this time next month.

yep.

Unlike Le'Veon Bell, whom I always thought was a bad fit for this offense (and I'm 99% sure we signed just so he couldn't hurt us with Pittsburgh, who was undefeated at the time and looked like our main competition) he absolutely fits a role in this offense that we need filled. if he's anywhere near the player he was, this is a great move. If he sucks, well, no harm done.

Mile High Mania 09-27-2021 04:07 PM

Well if he can stay out of trouble… great place to prove he’s worth anything.

crispystl 09-27-2021 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15859427)
If he takes 2 or 3 quick slants or drags that get him over the middle for 20 yards because the safeties aren't respecting that #2 receiver, that alone will be enough to change how they defend Hill.

Can he still do that? No way of knowing, but the guy has absolutely top-shelf ability at one time and very few miles on the odometer.

People who aren't at least a little intrigued by this confuse me.

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chris Meck 09-27-2021 04:08 PM

Man if he's in shape and they could put a package together for him by the Bills game that'd be really helpful. Like 10 plays or something.

Kiimo 09-27-2021 04:08 PM

I remember some guys on here calling the Trey Smith pick a desperation move because he was going to die on the field or something.

BWillie 09-27-2021 04:08 PM

Well lets see if he can **** up for a 6th time. I'm betting he can.

DJ's left nut 09-27-2021 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15859433)
Desperation? Nah.

It's a typical Veach flyer on a high reward low risk talent.

If he's anywhere near the same player he was, he's a STEAL and a difference maker.

Really makes me wonder how their scouting reports on CJ Henderson read.

Because man - doesn't he just scream Spags DB?

Really surprised the Chiefs didn't come up with a deal around a 3rd and maybe LDT or something. He has a couple of fairly affordable years left on his deal. Sure the salary is guaranteed but I'd imagine, at worst, they could get him moved for a late round pick swap if it didn't work out.

A 3rd rounder for a guy with Henderson's potential and some long-term team control seems like a pretty easy decision.

Chiefs must not like him because that's right up Veach's alley.

Kiimo 09-27-2021 04:11 PM

I mean, we have two of those guys on the team already with Hughes and Baker

Mecca 09-27-2021 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15859454)

Really surprised the Chiefs didn't come up with a deal around a 3rd and maybe LDT or something. He has a couple of fairly affordable years left on his deal. Sure the salary is guaranteed but I'd imagine, at worst, they could get him moved for a late round pick swap if it didn't work out.

A 3rd rounder for a guy with Henderson's potential and some long-term team control seems like a pretty easy decision.

Supposedly he has mental health issues which is why the jags soured on him.

Bwana 09-27-2021 04:12 PM

Why the hell, not? Really nothing to lose here and with the crap I've seen from anyone not named Hill, it's worth rolling the dice.

The Franchise 09-27-2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

We may have tried. The Jags are stupid so I wouldn’t put it past them to think they were competing with us and wanted him out of the AFC.

MMXcalibur 09-27-2021 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 15859457)

Mahomes and the Misfits!

Coochie liquor 09-27-2021 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15859409)

Yeah I like Tex, but that statement was asinine. Not only myself has struggled with addiction in the past and overcome it. I’ve helped family friends who have relapsed many times, and in both cases they finally got their shit together and hold down jobs, and raise their families. Addiction is a mother ****er, but there’s millions of cases where it was overcome. Let’s hope this is the right place/right time for him.

Chris Meck 09-27-2021 04:14 PM

Quote:

I think it's simply not wanting to give up draft capital at this point in the team's progression. The time to do that is now over; we need to draft and develop our own.

a move like Gordon costs nothing and could reap huge benefits. It's a lot like the Baker and Hughes moves.

dirk digler 09-27-2021 04:14 PM

They are signing him to the practice squad until he is ready to play.

Quote:

Former All-Pro wide receiver Josh Gordon, who is being reinstated, will sign with the Kansas City Chiefs. Gordon will be added to their practice squad, a source told The Athletic, and will be elevated to the active roster once his conditioning and understanding of the Chiefs' playbook is up to speed, which could take a couple of weeks.

DJ's left nut 09-27-2021 04:15 PM

Quote:

But Hughes is on a 1-yr deal and Ward is likely gone next season as well.

It's less for 2021 and more for 2022/23.

Mecca 09-27-2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15859464)
I think it's simply not wanting to give up draft capital at this point in the team's progression for expensive vets. The time to do that is now over; we need to draft and develop our own.

a move like Gordon costs nothing and could reap huge benefits. It's a lot like the Baker and Hughes moves.

A guy who was picked 9tu being traded for a 3 the next year is a good deal for the Chiefs. The Chiefs will never have a chance to draft a top 10 CB while Mahomes plays.

TLO 09-27-2021 04:16 PM

Is he vaccinated?

Spoiler!

Chris Meck 09-27-2021 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15859458)
Supposedly he has mental health issues which is why the jags soured on him.

well and they probably want a higher pick still for him since he's so young.

I'd pass too.

Now for a 6th? Sure.

Mecca 09-27-2021 04:17 PM

Quote:

Those guys were picked at the end of 1 guys going 27ty or 30 is way different than 9.

DJ's left nut 09-27-2021 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15859470)
well and they probably want a higher pick still for him since he's so young.

I'd pass too.

Now for a 6th? Sure.

Panthers are 3-0 right now, though - and look a little frisky. They also included a 5th rounder.

So if the Chiefs don't request the 5th rounder in return, that helps close the gap. The remainder could be covered with a better player in the package than Dan Arnold. I would think LDT would qualify.

But as has been said - this is in Veach's wheelhouse, so if they didn't do it, there's a reason. If it's the mental health thing or just basic scheme fit stuff, I can live with that.

Chris Meck 09-27-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15859467)
A guy who was picked 9tu being traded for a 3 the next year is a good deal for the Chiefs. The Chiefs will never have a chance to draft a top 10 CB while Mahomes plays.

Well, it depends, doesn't it?

What's wrong with him, what are the chances you can get him right, and what is that risk worth?

Maybe you can sign him off the street in the offseason if he flames out again.

Sassy Squatch 09-27-2021 04:21 PM

Jaguars refused to trade Ramsey to us IIRC. May just not want him in the AFC

13and3 09-27-2021 04:21 PM

It took a joint effort to get the deal done

Sassy Squatch 09-27-2021 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13and3 (Post 15859477)

Oh u

TEX 09-27-2021 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mile High Mania (Post 15859445)
Well if he can stay out of trouble… great place to prove he’s worth anything.

I wouldn't bet on an addict. But you're right.

13and3 09-27-2021 04:26 PM

The "grass" is definitely greener here.

Sassy Squatch 09-27-2021 04:28 PM

Bit of a side note, but that 2020 first round DB class looks absolutely disastrous.

New World Order 09-27-2021 04:29 PM

Good. Now acquire an edge rusher and we'll be set.

Bowser 09-27-2021 04:29 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13and3 (Post 15859486)
The "grass" is definitely greener here.

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/3o84Ughbtrcsp8OAM0" width="480" height="259" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/angry-upset-boo-3o84Ughbtrcsp8OAM0">via GIPHY</a></p>

chiefzilla1501 09-27-2021 04:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 15859463)
Yeah I like Tex, but that statement was asinine. Not only myself has struggled with addiction in the past and overcome it. I’ve helped family friends who have relapsed many times, and in both cases they finally got their shit together and hold down jobs, and raise their families. Addiction is a mother ****er, but there’s millions of cases where it was overcome. Let’s hope this is the right place/right time for him.

I'm rooting for him. Always have other than new England. He doesn't seem like a bad dude. More that anxiety seems to fuel destructive behavior. Even with coaches like bellichick and Carroll he couldn't get his head on straight, so I'm not holding my breath. Personally I think he needs to Ricky Williams himself and walk away from the pressure of the game. But as a fan of this team i love the pick up and definitely hope he can pick himself up.

Fish 09-27-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Gordon was blunt with his demands.

Chris Meck 09-27-2021 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15859466)
But Hughes is on a 1-yr deal and Ward is likely gone next season as well.

It's less for 2021 and more for 2022/23.

Even if Hughes works out, he'll be less expensive than Ward. And Baker looks good, but one season won't be enough for either to get the big money.

I expect the 2022 CB room to be Sneed, Baker, Hughes, and Fenton and as long as they all do well this year I think Veach does too.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 09-27-2021 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 15859489)
Good. Now acquire an edge rusher and we'll be set.

Alfonso Smith?

13and3 09-27-2021 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 15859494)
Gordon was blunt with his demands.

We needed a big body that can jump "high"

tyecopeland 09-27-2021 04:38 PM

Who can edit this to say josh gordon instead of antonio?

https://media0.giphy.com/media/Xy6T5...giphy.gif&ct=g

13and3 09-27-2021 04:39 PM

He is eventually going to to get smoked out here an everyone knows it

Tribal Warfare 09-27-2021 04:46 PM

To be honest, when I read the news my response was of shock then assimilation and process. **** it why not, I've been on the Pringle bandwagon but his drops killed drives and momentum.

UChieffyBugger 09-27-2021 04:47 PM

Deshaun Jackson, who is 34 years old and has had injury after injury, torched Tampa last night because they were so worried about Kupp and Woods (who destroyed them last season) they gave those two extra attention and that left Jackson in single coverage all night.

Tyreek has suffered the last two games being doubled and at times tripple teamed..if defenses think they can leave a fresh Josh Gordon In one on one coverage on their fourth corner then thank you..i'll take that everyday of the freaking week. He'll also provide another big target in the redzone aswell.

The bottom line is Josh has played with Brady and Wilson..he'll know what Pat expects from him. We have nothing to lose here at all...last year we went 14-1 and reached the SB with a banged up Watkins who missed several games..now we have a fresh Gordon and I think this move will give the offense some juice tbh..it could be a real game changer if he's even 75% of best self.

13and3 09-27-2021 04:49 PM

He has definitely indica ate it he is good after his 5 th reinstatement

ToxSocks 09-27-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 13and3 (Post 15859519)
He has definitely indica ate it he is good after his 5 th reinstatement

wtf did you just say

Chief Roundup 09-27-2021 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15859046)
Gotta be Kemp

ROFL That is not happening.