ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Royals John Sherman's Wife Makes Stunning Declaration on Royals/Chiefs Future (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352972)

Cooter Bailey 04-06-2024 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 17473569)

Doubt me if you want to but it’s absolutely true. He had more to say but I will just keep it to myself. 😂

ClearmontChief 04-06-2024 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wazu (Post 17473443)
**** off with these comments. This is a major piece of news regarding the number one topic in KC sports right now. This isn't some random person, it's a pretty major window into the raw opinions of key decision makers that the public usually doesn't see. It is absolutely "stunning" and yes it's worth it's own thread.

You obviously missed my point! It is certainly not stunning that a billionaire’s wife is complaining about the peasants not forking over more. Then, when they stood their ground, a huffy “fine! We’ll take our toys to another playground!”

You think that’s stunning? I think it’s F’n typical!

BWillie 04-06-2024 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 17473582)
Bitch all you want, but the people spoke loud and clear

When KC Tenants and 65 year old white guys afraid of downtowns come together for the greater good

Titty Meat 04-06-2024 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cooter Bailey (Post 17473532)
I assume many will be disappointed when the Royals move to Nashville. That’s the most likely scenario.

No it's not

Pasta Little Brioni 04-06-2024 12:01 PM

Maybe billionaires shouldn't beg for money then

Woogieman 04-06-2024 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17473633)
Maybe billionaires shouldn't beg for money then

Your post might have a little credibility if Sherman hadn't committed to forking over $1 billion for the new stadium...not exactly on the street corner with a tin cup

Skyy God 04-06-2024 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woogieman (Post 17473641)
Your post might have a little credibility if Sherman hadn't committed to forking over $1 billion for the new stadium...not exactly on the street corner with a tin cup

He and his ownership group want to finance a bil in order to get, what, probably $800M plus in public revenue. Great ROI on someone else’s money.

Do you even capitalism, bro??

Pepe Silvia 04-06-2024 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Dawg (Post 17473413)
Then you suck. All the no voters just don't get it.

There was no winning the vote, you just don't get it. The Hunts/Shermans wanted it to fail. They want to leave.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-06-2024 12:29 PM

CP is failing , we could have rigged that poll and got a new stadium!

Woogieman 04-06-2024 12:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyy God (Post 17473645)
He and his ownership group want to finance a bil in order to get, what, probably $800M plus in public revenue. Great ROI on someone else’s money.

Do you even capitalism, bro??

Yes I do, bro, and like you say a "great ROI". Yay capitalism! If KCians vioted down every public-private partnership project, donwtown woulld stilll be a ghost town, our airport would still be on par with Dwight D. Eiesenhower airport, and both the Chiefs and Rs would have already left because they couldn't make improvements decades ago when it was originally passed. I guess it all depends on what kind of city you want to live in.

Do you even work, bro?

wazu 04-06-2024 12:47 PM

Didn't see the full text of her comments in the OP article. The indictment of Frank White hits pretty hard. I actually somewhat empathize with her frustration. Frank White is petty as ****, and has a massive conflict of interest with this whole process. He is like a super villain now, obtaining public office to use government as a weapon against his former employer. Sounds like Lucas was in there dicking around as well with the plans. I think the Royals misplayed this, but some of that I think is them trying to navigate a very difficult group of KC leaders.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The owner of the Kansas City Royals’ wife. <br><br>Oof. <br><br>This might get ugly. <a href="https://t.co/OZFWHkqnhl">pic.twitter.com/OZFWHkqnhl</a></p>&mdash; Josh Chavis (@JoshChavis65) <a href="https://twitter.com/JoshChavis65/status/1776044650459017355?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 5, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Skyy God 04-06-2024 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woogieman (Post 17473665)
Yes I do, bro, and like you say a "great ROI". Yay capitalism! If KCians vioted down every public-private partnership project, donwtown woulld stilll be a ghost town, our airport would still be on par with Dwight D. Eiesenhower airport, and both the Chiefs and Rs would have already left because they couldn't make improvements decades ago when it was originally passed. I guess it all depends on what kind of city you want to live in.

Do you even work, bro?

Those are legit projects.

Stadiums are an economic ripoff for cities. The plutocrats behind stadium scams vastly inflate revenue projections and intentionally understate annual maintenance costs.

But ignore empirical evidence like a dumb ****ing sheep if that helps you sleep at night.

Oh, and I have a finance degree and worked in the industry prior to grad school.

nychief 04-06-2024 01:04 PM

Parking and free refills are the issues that move voters in the 816.

Katipan 04-06-2024 01:06 PM

It takes 13 blocks of parking to facilitate Coors.

I dunno guys.
Its alot of necessary space.

But.
Downtown is packed even with a shit show on the field. That's what a Downtown stadium does.

ChiefsCountry 04-06-2024 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Katipan (Post 17473679)
It takes 13 blocks of parking to facilitate Coors.

I dunno guys.
Its alot of necessary space.

But.
Downtown is packed even with a shit show on the field. That's what a Downtown stadium does.

Downtown St. Louis today has a Cardinals game, Battlehawks UFL game, and St. Louis City MLS game.