ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs have ‘growing optimism’ they’ll keep Chris Jones - The Athletic (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352570)

ThyKingdomCome15 03-02-2024 01:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 17424862)
They’ll know soon enough if they can keep jones. If they find out they can’t it looks like they rolled it it the red carpet for jones and he pulled out.The Sneed tested the market and was rewarded handsomely by the team that wanted him all along.

You really think they'd go to that extent for high end PR?

Chief Pagan 03-02-2024 01:59 AM

My guess is still that Veach is diligently trying to get something done that he feels comfortable with.

And ultimately Jones will go to the highest bidder which won't be Veach.

But as long as Jones hasn't signed somewhere else, and as long as KC clearly hasn't pivoted by signing some other deal that precludes it..., maybe, just maybe.

But I certainly don't want Jones at any cost... Or even at market cost.

Monticore 03-02-2024 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 17424937)
My guess is still that Veach is diligently trying to get something done that he feels comfortable with.

But as long as Jones hasn't signed somewhere else, and as long as KC clearly hasn't pivoted by signing some other deal that precludes it..., maybe, just maybe.

With cap going up it’s going to be min 30aav for a guy who was the best at his position last year where it’s hard to find pass rushers I’m hoping it just ends up at 30 maybe sticking point is guaranteed and length .

Red Dawg 03-02-2024 07:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Pagan (Post 17424937)

I agree. I don't think this will get done. I don't think Sneed will get done either. We wont over pay and that's what it will take. Jones has 3 rings and Sneed has 2. They want massive money and we would kill the team if we give it.

Red Dawg 03-02-2024 07:14 AM

We heard this crap about optimism last summer.

ThyKingdomCome15 03-02-2024 08:59 AM

I'm allergic to Katz.

Monticore 03-02-2024 09:08 AM

He has zero reason to not take max money , longer this takes likelier he is gone .

nychief 03-02-2024 09:10 AM

I just remember the reports about how optimistic they were Tyreek was going to sign coming out of the combine two years ago... then the Adams trade happened... poof gone.

DCTwister 03-02-2024 09:31 AM

My over/under on this is that we get neither back. As others have stated, we all heard all the optimism about extending Hill, then last summer extending Jones. The fiasco of Jones’ holdout just showed he and his agents ready to die on the hill of getting the best deal. Somebody will throw a stupid Bills-Von Miller deal at Jones and Veach won’t play. Sneed has a lot of interest and we’ll get back a reasonable pick.

Smed1065 03-02-2024 06:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCTwister (Post 17425047)
My over/under on this is that we get neither back. As others have stated, we all heard all the optimism about extending Hill, then last summer extending Jones. The fiasco of Jones’ holdout just showed he and his agents ready to die on the hill of getting the best deal. Somebody will throw a stupid Bills-Von Miller deal at Jones and Veach won’t play. Sneed has a lot of interest and we’ll get back a reasonable pick.

LOL

DaFace 03-02-2024 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCTwister (Post 17425047)

That's...not how over/under works...

DCTwister 03-02-2024 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 17425753)
That's...not how over/under works...

Pleading guilty of bad gambling metaphor.

smithandrew051 03-02-2024 07:14 PM

I’ll put the over under at 1.5 for Sneed and/or Jones to be back.

Over or under 1.5 of the two?

Smed1065 03-02-2024 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17425793)
I’ll put the over under at 1.5 for Sneed and/or Jones to be back.

Over or under 1.5 of the two?

Under for both but not 1.

Pasta Little Brioni 03-03-2024 11:22 AM

Looking at the cap it seems impossible to have both sadly. That means you have to trade Sneed.