ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Patrick Mahomes isn't "broken" you ****ing dorks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340576)

jd1020 11-01-2021 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928177)
Oh wow even the announcers!!!! wow!!!!!!!!

This isn't denial, you dumbass. He is objectively NOT playing like "absolute shit." Again, go watch pretty much any ****ing Matt Cassel game. THAT's "absolute shit." THIS is an elite QB dealing with a mild slump exacerbated by insanely bad turnover luck and 12-penalty games.

Some of you ****ing bitches do not deserve Patrick Mahomes in the slightest.

You must think you are protecting Mahomes from the big bad truth or some shit. Really weird.

chiefzilla1501 11-01-2021 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15928163)
Veach needs to try to do an 11th hour trade for Brandin Cooks.

Tonight showed vividly that Hardman, Pringle or DRob can’t exploit single coverage.

And Josh Gordon looks every bit like a journeyman player who has barely played in several years.

I dunno. I kind of think we just need to get through this season. And then pivot into keeping our picks and building for the future. By no means give up, but I don't know that we need desperation moves right now.

cdcox 11-01-2021 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 15928004)
Maybe the matchup against Rogers will motivate him... Or maybe not..

You think PM isn't motivated??? Really.

Mecca 11-01-2021 10:54 PM

The national narrative is spinning, I was watching primetime last week and a line was "as a defense you know Mahomes will give you the ball"

Mecca 11-01-2021 10:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928177)
Oh wow even the announcers!!!! wow!!!!!!!!

This isn't denial, you dumbass. He is objectively NOT playing like "absolute shit." Again, go watch pretty much any ****ing Matt Cassel game. THAT's "absolute shit." THIS is an elite QB dealing with a mild slump exacerbated by insanely bad turnover luck and 12-penalty games.

Some of you ****ing bitches do not deserve Patrick Mahomes in the slightest.

No one's above bring criticized...that doesn't make someone not a fan either.

carcosa 11-01-2021 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DRM08 (Post 15928175)
He has had 4 straight pretty terrible games by his standards. Below are his QBR grades, where 50/100 is considered an average QB and 70-80/100 is a MVP type of QB. He was grading out like a MVP type of QB the first 4 games and has cratered since that time...

Week 1 (CLE) - 87/100
Week 2 (BAL) - 76/100
Week 3 (LAC) - 63/100
Week 4 (PHI) - 92/100
Week 5 (BUF) - 43/100
Week 6 (WAS) - 50/100
Week 7 (TEN) - 07/100
Week 8 (NYG) - 19/100

https://www.espn.com/nfl/player/game...atrick-mahomes

"Average" is not "absolute shit"

Last week was horrible, but again, it was an extreme outlier.

If Kelce doesn't fumble that ball and someone gets ****in open in the red zone when Hill and Kelce are both double teamed, and of course if yet another tipped INT doesn't happen, I'm guessing tonight's number looks a lot better. And anyway he got the win, which is what good QBs do even when they have a bad game.

All I want is for people to get a ****ing grip and stop exaggerating when talking about his struggles. It's embarrassing.

KC_Connection 11-01-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15928182)
The national narrative is spinning, I was watching primetime last week and a line was "as a defense you know Mahomes will give you the ball"

It’s not unlike when LeBron has struggled in his career. The vultures will jump on it every time.

jd1020 11-01-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by carcosa (Post 15928187)
Last week was horrible, but again, it was an extreme outlier.

How extreme is it when he was just barely better this week?

He's playing like shit, just ****ing admit it. You aren't protecting him.

srvy 11-01-2021 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 15928082)
It's this right here. Basically all new, young offensive line. They've done great at times and other times they've shit the bed. That's to be expected and I think it will get better with more games under their belt. Mahomes will benefit from that time with them as well.

As far as the receivers, with all the crazy tipped passes, dropped balls, fumbles, and random crazy shit that somehow results in a turnover every other possession, it's gotten in Mahomes head. That will also get better with time. I mean it ****ing has to right? This shit's insane. This team was one of the best in the league at not turning the football over. For several years. Now all of a sudden they're turning it over on a 1/4 of their possessions? Crazy.

I really have reservations about Brown at LT. I'd move him to guard or rt in the offseason if he refuses to drop him altogether. Look at Niag in the offseason and draft one somewhere. Maybe trade for the LT in Philly.

Bump 11-01-2021 10:59 PM

Mahomes gave us the most exciting times and best times ever, no matter what happens he will always have that and it's hard to get too down about it after the past 3 seasons.

carcosa 11-01-2021 10:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15928185)
No one's above bring criticized...that doesn't make someone not a fan either.

Did you read my original post? I'm not saying he's above being criticized. I'm saying that calling him "broken" or anything similar is ****ing bullshit, that he's not playing like "absolute shit" by any objective standard, and that anyone who's eager to throw those kinds of words around about Patrick Mahomes after the three years he just had are annoying little bitches who don't deserve him.

Mecca 11-01-2021 11:00 PM

If you think it's not serious..

3 of the last 4 games the Chiefs are averaging 5 yards per play or less...the Lions and Jets average 5 YPP.

Tonight Mahomes completed 15 passes behind the LOS the most since 2016 in the NFL. He averaged 2.1 YPP.

The offense has a problem.

carcosa 11-01-2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jd1020 (Post 15928193)
How extreme is it when he was just barely better this week?

He's playing like shit, just ****ing admit it. You aren't protecting him.

No. He has had two (2) bad games. And he still won one of them. We know he can still be elite because he's had four elite games THIS SEASON, and people like you are acting like he's the main problem on this team. It's ****ing bullshit.

I hope you don't get too sad when he has a great game next week. You really seem to enjoy the idea of him failing.

DRM08 11-01-2021 11:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15928164)
Here's some hard truth...Mahomes has always graded as having a decent number of turnover worthy plays.

When a defense makes him use more plays every drive and also frustrates him at the same time it increases the odds of a turnover.

But the interesting thing is there are some very big names apparently ahead of him on the turnover worthy plays list, but they are getting much luckier on their plays than him right now. I was surprised by some of the names in the Tweet the other day. Here was the Tweet:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Patrick Mahomes&#39; percentage of throws graded as turnover-worthy is 23rd highest among QBs with at least 100 pass attempts this season. <br><br>That&#39;s *lower* than Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Aaron Rodgers, Dak Prescott, Lamar Jackson, Matthew Stafford, Justin Herbert and Derek Carr</p>&mdash; Kevin Cole (@KevinColePFF) <a href="https://twitter.com/KevinColePFF/status/1453365310677991430?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 27, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jd1020 11-01-2021 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15928203)
If you think it's not serious..

3 of the last 4 games the Chiefs are averaging 5 yards per play or less...the Lions and Jets average 5 YPP.

Tonight Mahomes completed 15 passes behind the LOS the most since 2016 in the NFL. He averaged 2.1 YPP.

The offense has a problem.

You dont ****ing deserve Patrick Mahomes!