ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Funny Stuff Trey Parker and Matt Stone to buy Casa Bonita in Denver (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339405)

HemiEd 08-13-2021 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15782529)
ROFL

The place is iconic and awful all at the same time. I think it's kind of the equivalent of when the Chiefs brought in Andy. Everyone knows there's potential but just needs someone who knows what they're doing (and in this case, has some money) to fix it up a bit.

My mother (RIP) took me there about 40 years ago, it was an experience.

DaFace 08-13-2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 15782817)
The sopapillas are great. It’s not the easiest place to get to if I recall correctly for tourists. I asked earlier but no answer. How is that neighborhood these days? I don’t recall it being unsafe or anything, just kind of older and a bit run down but I might be misremembering.

Eh, it's definitely an older, run down neighborhood. I don't necessarily think it's a high crime area, but there aren't a ton of reasons that one would normally find themselves in that area.

Rain Man 08-13-2021 08:38 PM

Quote:

The sopapillas are great. It’s not the easiest place to get to if I recall correctly for tourists. I asked earlier but no answer. How is that neighborhood these days? I don’t recall it being unsafe or anything, just kind of older and a bit run down but I might be misremembering.

I almost never go to that part of town, but my impression is that it's not glitzy but not dangerous.

Stewie 08-13-2021 09:10 PM

Mmmmm... Snacky Cakes, Cheesy Poofs and Coo-Coo Chips now available at Casa Bonita!

ChiefsCountry 08-13-2021 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 15782823)
Eh, it's definitely an older, run down neighborhood. I don't necessarily think it's a high crime area, but there aren't a ton of reasons that one would normally find themselves in that area.

https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/so...c/CtPaTown.jpg

underEJ 08-13-2021 09:50 PM

Always loved the place as a kid, but the food was iffy all the way back to the seventies. It was edible back then, but it hasn't been for a while now at Denver. We went to the Tulsa location as a kid sometimes too, but I am not sure if it was better or worse. If they fix the gross food, I'll take the nieces and nephews and grandkids when we go to Colorado every couple of years. Nostalgia is powerful stuff.

ClevelandBronco 08-13-2021 10:56 PM

Once. Twice is too much. See it once then laugh about it when it crosses your mind.

ClevelandBronco 08-13-2021 11:03 PM

Quote:

Speaking as a guy that grew up in the Cleveland area and who has lived in Denver for three decades, I’d say there are no dangerous neighborhoods in Denver. There are run down neighborhoods for sure, but none that I’d consider dangerous.

CoMoChief 08-13-2021 11:48 PM

This ep and the Awesome-O robot friend are the 2 best eps that involve Butters and Cartman.

GayFrogs 08-14-2021 02:28 AM

Super fun time is pretty great

Holladay 08-14-2021 02:48 AM

Shows how much I know:(

Football forum: Some football dudes went in and bought some restaurant in Denver. Happens all the time. Is it really thread worthy? Dunno. The Trey dude is teams DE and the Matt dude is his best friend as a LB from another team. They went to college together.

I surmised all this from the thread name on the Lounge main page.

After 2 days, was bored and clicked.

D'OH

As you can guess, I have only seen 2 episodes of South Park. I just watched the Casa Bonita one. Pretty good. I will have to try and watch more.

HC_Chief 08-14-2021 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClevelandBronco (Post 15782927)
Speaking as a guy that grew up in the Cleveland area and who has lived in Denver for three decades, I’d say there are no dangerous neighborhoods in Denver. There are run down neighborhoods for sure, but none that I’d consider dangerous.

Colfax used to be pretty rough back in the day. Did they clean it up?

FYI Matt & Trey apparently have been going to Casa Bonita since they were kids. When they were considering the purchase their main goal, aside from closing the deal, was to vastly improve the food. A place like that doesn't have to serve airplane food...it is not that much work and cost to make really good Mexican food; it just takes some pride in the work you do.

DaFace 08-14-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HC_Chief (Post 15783128)
Colfax used to be pretty rough back in the day. Did they clean it up?

FYI Matt & Trey apparently have been going to Casa Bonita since they were kids. When they were considering the purchase their main goal, aside from closing the deal, was to vastly improve the food. A place like that doesn't have to serve airplane food...it is not that much work and cost to make really good Mexican food; it just takes some pride in the work you do.

Central and East Colfax aren't necessarily rough,but they're definitely inner city. West Colfax is just old.

vailpass 08-14-2021 09:26 AM

I lived on Quebec off of Colfax for 2 years in the ‘90s. It was shady but not dangerous. Our home bar was the Drift Inn. Tons of characters there.

mililo4cpa 08-14-2021 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by louie aguiar (Post 15782614)
City Wok next?

lol....this was my first thought.....