ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Final 2021 Mock Draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=338068)

htismaqe 04-28-2021 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 15649432)
It would be one of those knee-jerk reaction picks, but after a week or so everyone would be very intrigued with the new backfield. I would definitely say “wtf are we doing”, but fully on board later lol. I just trust Veach that much, I might be a little crazy. :)

For sure, I'm willing to trust Reid and Veach. If they think the guy is worth it, they've earned the benefit of the doubt.

That doesn't mean we have to accept something like this before they actually do it. Bad idea is still bad.

Tribal Warfare 04-28-2021 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15649438)
No RB is a 20+ carry back with Reid.

Kareem was and the purpose of the statement is that CEH can't take the hits and play on an upper tier.

You need two players who can take the load that can compliment eachother

The Franchise 04-28-2021 09:52 PM

Picking a backup TE would be better value than a 2nd RB.

The Franchise 04-28-2021 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15649442)
Kareem was and the purpose of the statement is that CEH can't take the hits and play on an upper tier.

6 games in 2017.
1 game in 2018

Tribal Warfare 04-28-2021 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15649445)
6 games in 2017.
1 game in 2018

Ignoring the statement and qualifier of taking the onslaught of hits

The Franchise 04-28-2021 09:58 PM

Kareem was a 20+ carry RB with Reid.

7 games out of 32 says that he wasn’t.

Tribal Warfare 04-28-2021 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15649451)
Kareem was a 20+ carry RB with Reid.

7 games out of 32 says that he wasn’t.

LOL, you know exactly what I'm referring to that Kareem was a durable feature back that CEH with his size isn't which isn't his fault.

Javonte is the same build and playing style as Kareem that would benefit Mahomes and CEH availability in the playoffs

htismaqe 04-28-2021 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15649442)

Kareem was not.

His rookie season, he had 6 games where he carried the ball 20 times or more. He had THREE games where he carried the ball 10 times or LESS with two more games where he had 11 and 13 respectively.

I could go through 2018 too but it's a waste of time - Andy Reid doesn't commit to the run. 20+ carry games aren't the norm, not even close.

htismaqe 04-28-2021 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15649457)
LOL, you know exactly what I'm referring to that Kareem was a durable feature back that CEH with his size isn't which isn't his fault.

Sorry but this is just pure unadulterated bullshit. CEH got hurt last year on a play that would have injured Derrick ****ing Henry.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15649457)
Javonte is the same build and playing style as Kareem that would benefit Mahomes and CEH availability in the playoffs

We don't need Kareem Hunt. He's gone. He's not coming back. Stop living in the past.

Tribal Warfare 04-28-2021 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15649458)
Kareem was not.

His rookie season, he had 6 games where he carried the ball 20 times or more. He had THREE games where he carried the ball 10 times or LESS with two more games where he had 11 and 13 respectively.

I could go through 2018 too but it's a waste of time - Andy Reid doesn't commit to the run. 20+ carry games aren't the norm, not even close.

I'll refer again it all equates to durability and availability and CEH doesn't have the build to be a feature back. Javonte like Kareem has that element of doing that without being banged up and missing games.

htismaqe 04-28-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15649461)
I'll refer again it all equates to durability and availability and CEH doesn't have the build to be a feature back. Javonte like Kareem has that element of doing that without being banged up and missing games.

Sorry but this is a BS take not at all based on fact.

Tribal Warfare 04-28-2021 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15649460)
Sorry but this is just pure unadulterated bullshit. CEH got hurt last year on a play that would have injured Travis ****ing Henry.

We don't need Kareem Hunt. He's gone. He's not coming back. Stop living in the past.

CEH got injured correct and the Chiefs didn't have a second option.

It's not living in the past when the solution is looking straight at you.

Selecting a RB with elite potential benefits Mahomes and at level that can win a SB then it shouldn't be a problem

htismaqe 04-28-2021 10:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15649463)
CEH got injured correct and the Chiefs didn't have a second option.

It's not living in the past when the solution is looking straight at you.

Selecting a RB with elite potential benefits Mahomes and at level that can win a SB then it shouldn't be a problem

The Chiefs did have a second option. Darrell Williams was just fine in that role.

There's no reason to spend a 2nd round pick on a RB just because you think CEH has a fragile build and you're looking for the next Kareem Hunt.

If you want another backup RB, there will be plenty available on Saturday and beyond.

Tribal Warfare 04-28-2021 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15649467)
The Chiefs did have a second option. Darrell Williams was just fine in that role.

There's no reason to spend a 2nd round pick on a RB just because you think CEH has a fragile build and you're looking for the next Kareem Hunt.

If you want another backup RB, there will be plenty available on Saturday and beyond.

I want the best talen possible, like Kamara and Ingram. Good ole Darrel dropped the diving pass perpendicular to the field in the SB when it counted so fine isn't acceptable.

htismaqe 04-28-2021 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 15649469)
I want the best talen possible, like Kamara and Ingram. Good ole Darrel dropped the diving pass perpendicular to the field in the SB when it counted so fine isn't acceptable.

So one play makes the rest of his contribution moot? Because I guarantee you every player makes a mistake like that every year. Javonte Williams will do it too.

Better not draft him.