ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs To those going to the game: Please follow the Chiefs rules today. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=333481)

Pasta Little Brioni 09-10-2020 10:34 AM

Tell them they can't boo the kneellers while you're at it...that will go over well

DJJasonp 09-10-2020 10:35 AM

Ironic how much concern the media has for a 26% full stadium....but yet Costco packs em in like sardines and no one bats an eye!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRedChief 09-10-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15157254)
How could that even happen?

In a "normal" game a % of the total are allocated for the visiting team to purchase. Is that still true in a pandemic when only a handfull of NFL teams are even allowing fans into the stands? Also do the Texan's family, friends, staff get to attend in person?

htismaqe 09-10-2020 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 15157299)
Ironic how much concern the media has for a 26% full stadium....but yet Costco packs em in like sardines and no one bats an eye!

Walmart has a 50-person "mandatory" store capacity here and there's consistently over 100 people in there, including 30+ shelf stockers that are only supposed to be stocking overnight (they switched from closing at midnight to closing at 8pm to stock shelves).

The rules just don't apply if you can buy the right people apparently.

BigRedChief 09-10-2020 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bugeater (Post 15157012)
He actually isn't, nicest guy you'll ever meet. Dead serious.

Blowing my cover. :)

Pasta Little Brioni 09-10-2020 10:41 AM

Fan restrictions are a joke.

htismaqe 09-10-2020 10:43 AM

I have to ask, does anybody care about the optics?

Because some of the people that said LDT had "bad form" are here saying "screw how this looks to the rest of the country".

And there's people here saying that we need to be on our best behavior because it matters how we are perceived, but vehemently deny that LDT did anything wrong.

When did hypocrisy take a backseat to partisanship? Come on guys, think about this a little bit. It's not that hard.

MMXcalibur 09-10-2020 10:45 AM

This is what you're looking at tonight x 16,000:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/...resdefault.jpg

O.city 09-10-2020 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJJasonp (Post 15157299)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15157307)
Walmart has a 50-person "mandatory" store capacity here and there's consistently over 100 people in there, including 30+ shelf stockers that are only supposed to be stocking overnight (they switched from closing at midnight to closing at 8pm to stock shelves).

The rules just don't apply if you can buy the right people apparently.

True.

But theoretically, we have to have groceries, toilet paper etc that we get at those stores to survive.

We don't have to pack into football stadiums to survive.

Well, some people don't. I do.

eDave 09-10-2020 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15157321)

Because some of the people that said LDT had "bad form" are here saying "screw how this looks to the rest of the country".

And there's people here saying that we need to be on our best behavior because it matters how we are perceived, but vehemently deny that LDT did anything wrong.

When did hypocrisy take a backseat to partisanship? Come on guys, think about this a little bit. It's not that hard.

To me it's about setting an example to ensure other teams can follow suit. Conversely, Chiefs could decide to pull all the fans.

htismaqe 09-10-2020 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 15157330)
To me it's about setting an example to ensure other teams can follow suit.

Of course it is.

And while I'm opposed to sweeping government mandates, how hard is it to put on a mask when you're asked?

I wear one every time I go into a crowded place because I actually want people to know I care about how they feel about it, regardless of how I feel about it.

I think everybody here wants to see more football this year. I hope we also realize, deep down, that if we keep separating ourselves into two camps and digging in our heals, that's not going to happen.

There are times when we have to realize that our personal behavior does affect others and doing what is right by others is ALWAYS right, regardless of whether you view your individual behavior (or the reason behind it) as right or wrong.

BigRedChief 09-10-2020 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15157321)

I don't know how other people really view this but my point has been stated many times, nothing to do with politics, hypocrisy or partisanship.

Only 5 teams out of 32 are even allowing fans in the stands as of today. We are lucky. It's a simple formula to me. The Chiefs make these rules. You agreed to those rules when you bought your ticket.

If 1% don't follow the Chiefs rules, no biggie. If >50% don't follow the rules they agreed to, we risk have no fans in the stands for future games.

Maybe some fans think it doesn't matter to have 16K fans in the stands or zero. I bet the players, coaches would rather have the 16K fans up in the stands. I think it matters. Just my opinion. Other opinions are free to differ.

htismaqe 09-10-2020 11:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15157349)
I don't know how other people really view this but my point has been stated many times, nothing to do with politics, hypocrisy or partisanship.

Only 5 teams out of 32 are even allowing fans in the stands as of today. We are lucky. It's a simple formula to me. The Chiefs make these rules. You agreed to those rules.

If 1% don't follow the Chiefs rules, no biggie. 50% don't follow the rules they agreed to, we risk have no fans in the stands for future games.

Maybe some fans think it doesn't matter to have 16K fans in the stands or zero. I think it matters. Just my opinion. Other opinions are free to differ.

I don't think anything you've said is political. But people here know how you feel about the larger subject (COVID-19) and are letting that color the commentary. And not just the people that disagree with you, the people that agree with you too.

The simple fact is that this place is 20 years old and it was founded because of political BS at the Star Board. Despite trying to create a special place to hide political talk, pretty much every regular here knows the political leanings of everybody else here.

And they just can't keep those biases out of the conversation. I'm just as guilty as anyone else most of the time but I'd like to think on this day, under these circumstances, we could all kind of look past it for a few hours.

For the sake of football.

Deberg_1990 09-10-2020 11:10 AM

If we act really good tonight, this will change the perception of 'flyover country, cow town, hillbillies'

so yes.

Graystoke 09-10-2020 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15157374)
For the sake of football.

IN!