ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Gale Sayers - Extremely over rated? (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=329853)

lawrenceRaider 03-13-2020 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14838936)
Just got done watching some highlights and I would take Jamaal Charles over Sayers. God I hate watching old highlight vids. Everyone looks so god damn slow. Sayers was a great athlete back then, but if he played now he wouldn't be shit.

You sir have invalidated any opinion you put forth at any point in the future as well as everything you've said in the past.

May God have mercy on your soul.

Molitoth 03-13-2020 10:06 AM

I've seen much better Running Backs at my local Guitar Center.

Kman34 03-13-2020 10:11 AM

Brian’s Song..

Nickhead 03-13-2020 02:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14839461)
You sir have invalidated any opinion you put forth at any point in the future as well as everything you've said in the past.

Yeah. He’s gone full reerun fer sure. :D

dlphg9 03-13-2020 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider (Post 14839461)

You dont think old highlight videos make the players look slow?

Megatron96 03-13-2020 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 14840320)
You dont think old highlight videos make the players look slow?

They look slow because the playback is slower than actual. Go to settings and speed it up to 1.5x. That's about actual speed.

gblowfish 03-13-2020 03:04 PM

Gayle Sayers was one of the most gifted running backs to ever lace them up. And this is coming from a Mizzou guy who hates Jayhawks. He scored six TDs in one game, in the mud.

big nasty kcnut 03-13-2020 03:14 PM

**** off gayle was inhuman!

oldman 03-13-2020 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ubeja Vontell (Post 14839420)
I don't get what the AFL has to do with anything.

That's because you're an ignorant slut. :evil::D

The AFL was considered by most NFL fans and teams as inferior because the AFL was considered more offense oriented. Take a look at Paul Hornung, Lenny Moore, or Frank Gifford's stats. There were quite a few seasons they had more receiving yards than rushing.

srvy 03-13-2020 04:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halfcan (Post 14839431)
He carried the ball like a loaf of bread.

Yeah I am old enough to remember him playing he did have poor ball protection skills and ran backward losing yards but he was a homerun hitter. The Bears were pretty bad the years I remember him. Shady really modeled his game after Gayle. Fun player to watch but the coaches of that day I bet were very frustrated with him slinging that ball out from his body. Would have been interesting to see what Hank Stram would have done with him.

Ubeja Vontell 03-13-2020 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oldman (Post 14840574)
That's because you're an ignorant slut. :evil::D

The AFL was considered by most NFL fans and teams as inferior because the AFL was considered more offense oriented. Take a look at Paul Hornung, Lenny Moore, or Frank Gifford's stats. There were quite a few seasons they had more receiving yards than rushing.

Still don't get what the AFL had to do with anything, much less Hornung, Moore and Gifford. Moore and Gifford slot receivers today.

TomBarndtsTwin 03-13-2020 04:58 PM

Imagine if he had gone to the Chiefs instead with that dominant defense they had in the 60’s. He could have won multiple championships and might be remembered as the greatest of all time (or close to).

Now, you really wanna talk about overrated RB’s in the HOF? Terrell Davis (only 3 good years, product of zone blocking scheme in which backs like Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson had similar success running). Jerome Bettis (I’m big, hard to tackle and played forever so I should be in the HOF) There’s a couple RB’s who have no business being in the HOF.

Ubeja Vontell 03-13-2020 05:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 14840627)
Imagine if he had gone to the Chiefs instead with that dominant defense they had in the 60’s. He could have won multiple championships and might be remembered as the greatest of all time (or close to).

Now, you really wanna talk about overrated RB’s in the HOF? Terrell Davis (only 3 good years, product of zone blocking scheme in which backs like Olandis Gary and Mike Anderson had similar success running). Jerome Bettis (I’m big, hard to tackle and played forever so I should be in the HOF) There’s a couple RB’s who have no business being in the HOF.

Abner Haynes did great as the Chiefs RB.

The most overrated HALL OF FAME RB is..........Floyd Little. He has no business there at all, not at all.

Davis had a few fantastic seasons.

TomBarndtsTwin 03-13-2020 05:08 PM

Davis had one fantastic season and two really good ones.

But he was a product of their running scheme. It’s why you saw Denver’s rushing attack plug right along without missing a beat when they inserted the likes of Mike Anderson and Olandis Gary.

srvy 03-13-2020 05:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 14840627)

Thats no shit