ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Second time this season with 10 men on the field. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=326685)

ChiTown 11-13-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dj56dt58 (Post 14593457)
If that was the case why not just give Williams the majority of the workload and still give McCoy some touches? It’s not like he’s being run into the ground in this offense..I don’t buy this story at all

Yeah, not sure I buy it either. I’ll see if I can dig up where I read that. I just hope it wasn’t from some poster on CP :)

Mecca 11-13-2019 07:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiTown (Post 14593473)
Yeah, not sure I buy it either. I’ll see if I can dig up where I read that. I just hope it wasn’t from some poster on CP :)

It was on bleacher report.

TEX 11-13-2019 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 14593418)
Clark set the edge on the sideline beautifully, forcing the Titans back into the field of play for the other 10 guys to pick up.

ROFL

wheeler08 11-13-2019 08:11 AM

Please, tell me this isn't the 2 pt conversion, after we called ****ing time out?!?

InChiefsHeaven 11-13-2019 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14593499)
Please, tell me this isn't the 2 pt conversion, after we called ****ing time out?!?

They're too close to the EZ for that. I was thinking the same thing. Maybe that's why later on the 2pt conversion that they called timeout...cuz they're all kinds of ****ed up...

wheeler08 11-13-2019 08:43 AM

Clay, you got video to see if we had 10 guys on the field for the 2pt conversion and maybe that’s why Bad Andy called timeout?

Flying High D 11-13-2019 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 14593382)
I don't really even know why teams try to stop a team at the 1 or 2 unless it's 4th and goal.

They're gonna score. You are just delaying the inevitable and risk injury.

Should teams try to stop the opponent when it’s 3rd down and 2? I mean what could possibly go wrong? What about if the team has the most undisciplined head coach and OC in the league?

Flying High D 11-13-2019 09:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wheeler08 (Post 14593499)

The timeout was called to question the refs if going for 2 was allowed? Sometimes Chiefs get a wee bit behind on the rule changes. If the rule changes aren’t posted on the buffets who the hell would know?

Cosmos 11-13-2019 09:07 AM

I struggle to see even see a CORE of defensive players on this roster that would constitute the beginnings of a tough, smart, physical defensive unit...

bobbything 11-13-2019 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmos (Post 14593582)
I struggle to see even see a CORE of defensive players on this roster that would constitute the beginnings of a tough, smart, physical defensive unit...

Jones.

Aspengc8 11-13-2019 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 14593384)
Maybe a hot take but this is where being in a new system hurts the defense most, having to play that hurry up style and everyone being able to communicate and know their role with very short gaps between plays.

I think you need to be in the 2nd or 3rd year of a system to do that well.

It's really not that complicated. One scheme involves more linebackers than the other. Gap assignments, coverage variables, etc are all the same. What's different is execution & having good personnel.

notorious 11-13-2019 09:18 AM

It takes time to install a defense. Give it 4-5 more years and this kind of thing should be cleared up.

chiefforlife 11-13-2019 09:24 AM

The Defense that was used against Denver, Green Bay and Minnesota was really playing well. It makes no sense to change that up.
The defense against Minnesota would have been perfect against Tennessee. Why they decided to change that is a complete failure.

notorious 11-13-2019 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefforlife (Post 14593601)
The Defense that was used against Denver, Green Bay and Minnesota was really playing well. It makes no sense to change that up.
The defense against Minnesota would have been perfect against Tennessee. Why they decided to change that is a complete failure.

Mahomes played this past week. That's why the defense played like shit.

(Bizarre, but true)

Flying High D 11-13-2019 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 14593606)
Mahomes played this past week. That's why the defense played like shit.

(Bizarre, but true)

The D is fed up with fat Andy and his golden child. D be like everybody thinks he’s that great let’s see him do it by himself. Maybe fat Andy was sitting on the bench with Frank and that is why Frank didn’t make it back on the field. These players have pride and when the coach doesn’t even care enough to watch them perform why should they care. Belicheck is the standard, Tom is the standard don’t see a lot of showboating out of those two. All they do is go and get sized for rings. Skipping is a lot better look done holding a Lombardi. Until then drive a burning spear into the opponent Patriot style.