ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Joe Buck: Fox planning to pump in crowd noise, digitize fans for NFL broadcasts (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=331294)

DaneMcCloud 05-14-2020 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cabletech94 (Post 14971083)
Point being, they’ve had the capability to mess with the sound forever. And it’s always happening in some way.

The mix engineer(s) in the truck simply muted the crowd mics.

FloridaMan88 05-14-2020 01:00 PM

The more interesting thing will be how the point spreads react to empty stadiums.

Does the average home field advantage of about -3.5 points for the home team change with no pro-home team crowd noise?

Kiimo 05-14-2020 01:05 PM

The LA guys who work in entertainment can tell you about Sweeteners. The editors who work on TV shows and the Oscars and things sweeten the laughs and the applause to make it sound like the studio audience belly laughs at dumb jokes and enthusiastically applauds when some celebrity makes a half-thought emotional plea to end hunger in Santa Monica or whatever.

I agree that I'd rather have just football sounds. And muting Joe Buck.

CarlosCarson27 05-14-2020 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14971098)
The LA guys who work in entertainment can tell you about Sweeteners. The editors who work on TV shows and the Oscars and things sweeten the laughs and the applause to make it sound like the studio audience belly laughs at dumb jokes and enthusiastically applauds when some celebrity makes a half-thought emotional plea to end hunger in Santa Monica or whatever.

Examples of virtual fakery that's been going on for years.

Yet people still have no clue thst their reality has been molded and enhanced in so many ways

Rain Man 05-14-2020 02:01 PM

The patriots will have a head start in producing fake crowd noise.

DaneMcCloud 05-14-2020 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14971098)

I did a surround sound mix back in 2012 for an awards show that was broadcast on a big cable network. 99% of the audience responses were canned and every one of the "Live" singers needed to have their vocals pitch corrected using Melodyne.

It was a big job and something I'm really not into but yes, so much of what we see and hear on TV has been altered, live or not.

cripple creek 05-14-2020 03:13 PM

too bad holographic technology isn't yet where it would need to be to pull off a packed stadium. it'll have to have some effect on the players playing to no crowd.

BleedingRed 05-14-2020 03:15 PM

Based off some of the graphics ive seen from ESPN

https://i.imgur.com/pngw7.jpg

BigRedChief 05-14-2020 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimosabi (Post 14971064)
The cavalcade of idiots from DC is leaking

Why bring politics into everything? I thought mods kept this shit out of the lounge.

We are talking about pumped in crowd noise and digitized crowds. No politics are involved.

Kiimo 05-14-2020 03:46 PM

It's a pretty tense time.

JohnnyHammersticks 05-14-2020 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CarlosCarson88 (Post 14971024)
And yet hardly anyone knows anyone catching anything.

Point blank = there's nothing out there to worry about. No cv cloud is over your head.

This is affecting not even one percent of the population.

Just a bunch of dumb Americans obeying daddy govt. Because they can't think for themselves. A bunch of moronic chicken littles. Resdy to be culled.

Little babies/slaves, waiting for govt to give you permission to live .instead of being men and telling govt to shove it. They only have as much power as you choose to give them.

30% of the country would line up to have the WHO stick needles in their arms and microchips up their asses in a New York minute rather than - God forbid - face the social pressure of thinking for themselves and not conforming.

Rain Man 05-14-2020 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cripple creek (Post 14971317)
too bad holographic technology isn't yet where it would need to be to pull off a packed stadium. it'll have to have some effect on the players playing to no crowd.

If they could do that, it should totally look like the Star Wars cantina. Don't just make it people. I want aliens and lions and Jessica Rabbit in the stands.

eDave 05-14-2020 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 14970500)
Without crowd noise it will same "fake". With fake crowd noise it will seem real.

A no-brainer to do this.

I just hope it's done right, with many, many differing loops depending on the many many things, and ways, to cheer. Including booing the refs. And home of the CHIEEEEEEFS! during the national anthem (how will they do those? Skype call?)

Deberg_1990 05-14-2020 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14971184)
I did a surround sound mix back in 2012 for an awards show that was broadcast on a big cable network. 99% of the audience responses were canned and every one of the "Live" singers needed to have their vocals pitch corrected using Melodyne.

It was a big job and something I'm really not into but yes, so much of what we see and hear on TV has been altered, live or not.

Wow. What’s next? You going to tell me
Reality tv is scripted?

BWillie 05-14-2020 05:09 PM

I don't know why people care so much if fans are going to be there. I don't give a shit, at all, if fans are there or not. What I give a shit about is if we get to play the games. I hope we become more lenient over the summer but once falls about to hit we enact more social distancing measures because that is when the cold and flu season comes back.