ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   MU ****Official Mizzou Football 2023-2024 Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=349235)

Best22 12-31-2023 03:36 AM

Alot of people watched Mizzou beat Ohio State

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/202...layoff-decade/

BWillie 12-31-2023 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 17308617)
That’s great.

Your original post is still a lie.

But keep on lying if that’s your thing. :shrug:

https://sagarin.usatoday.com/2019-2/...-ratings-2007/

Sagarin is the best metric we have at what are the best teams. Kansas finished #2 in Sagarin in 2007. Missouri #6.

Rams Fan 12-31-2023 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17308635)
https://sagarin.usatoday.com/2019-2/...-ratings-2007/

Sagarin is the best metric we have at what are the best teams. Kansas finished #2 in Sagarin in 2007. Missouri #6.

NCAA doesn’t recognize Sagarin as a champion selecting organization: https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...ip-history?amp

Spott 12-31-2023 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 17308675)
NCAA doesn’t recognize Sagarin as a champion selecting organization: https://www.ncaa.com/news/football/a...ip-history?amp

What he meant was it’s the best because it’s the only one he could find online that shows they were ranked above Missouri that year. Nevermind that the Coaches, AP, Harris and every other poll including the final BCS standings show exactly the opposite. Sagarin’s website, which looks like the last remaining Yahoo Geocities page, is surely the more accurate one.

Frazod 12-31-2023 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 17308720)
What he meant was it’s the best because it’s the only one he could find online that shows they were ranked above Missouri that year. Nevermind that the Coaches, AP, Harris and every other poll including the final BCS standings show exactly the opposite. Sagarin’s website, which looks like the last remaining Yahoo Geocities page, is surely the more accurate one.

You know, I'm glad KU and KSU won their bowl games. Considering how the Chiefs have fallen off a cliff lately, it's nice that our college teams have all had successful seasons and given us something to feel good about.

So I'm going to ignore the one idiot prick who's trying to douche everything up by rehashing 15 year old shit that's been beaten to death.

Pasta Little Brioni 12-31-2023 10:04 AM

I doubt that beaker even knows what a football looks like

JohnnyHammersticks 12-31-2023 10:52 AM

What a great win and great season for the program. I wouldn’t have given a nickel for this team after that Middle Tennessee game. Kudos to Drink, the rest of the coaches, and the players for the dramatic turnaround. The future for the Mizzou football program is very bright!

'Hamas' Jenkins 12-31-2023 11:16 AM

This was far from a perfect team and far from a perfect coaching job, but they're human. No one is perfect. We'll look back on this as a special season, because the whole was greater than the sum of the parts. That was a true team, and they got every ounce out of that season that they could have.

|Zach| 12-31-2023 01:37 PM

Eli gets contract extension to 2028.

Great news.

ThyKingdomCome15 12-31-2023 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by |Zach| (Post 17309168)
Eli gets contract extension to 2028.

Great news.

100% earned. :clap:

|Zach| 12-31-2023 01:41 PM

Will be interesting to see what those numbers are

Sassy Squatch 12-31-2023 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 17308866)
This was far from a perfect team and far from a perfect coaching job, but they're human. No one is perfect. We'll look back on this as a special season, because the whole was greater than the sum of the parts. That was a true team, and they got every ounce out of that season that they could have.

Yep. Far cry from the stadium booing them at the start of KSU. Onwards and upwards.

BWillie 12-31-2023 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 17308720)

Coaches, AP polls are just done by people. Usually the well know person voting just has some minion do it, too. Sagarin has a scientific method void of bias, like Kenpom in NCAA Basketball and thus cannot be disputed.

This is what greatness looks like.

https://ogden_images.s3.amazonaws.co...ge_bowl_15.jpg

TribalElder 12-31-2023 02:39 PM

A few things that standout

- I think this season was the first where Drink didn't call the plays, and had the OC do the job instead. That doesn't seem like a lot but some coaches just can't get out of their own way and delegate and it ends up crippling the team. Realizing this and then delegating shows huge growth as a coach IMO

- when drink called everyone out for booing the QB, seemed like after that Cook started balling

- Schraders story should be a Disney movie at some point, that guy was absolutely amazing.

- Recuiting seems to be steadily winning which should make for an interesting 2024

- Bringing home a big ass trophy (like the cotton bowl trophy) is a huge win for the program

Pitt Gorilla 12-31-2023 02:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17309192)
Yep. Far cry from the stadium booing them at the start of KSU. Onwards and upwards.

Someone remind me; why were idiots booing the home team against kstate?

BryanBusby 12-31-2023 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17309338)

Remember that one dude bragging about shitting on them with recruits?

Sassy Squatch 12-31-2023 03:20 PM

Quote:

Because they looked like absolute shit against the cupcake they played the week prior, and Cook in particular had shown next to nothing in the way of development yet.

Spott 12-31-2023 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17309319)
Coaches, AP polls are just done by people. Usually the well know person voting just has some minion do it, too. Sagarin has a scientific method void of bias, like Kenpom in NCAA Basketball and thus cannot be disputed.

This is what greatness looks like.

Looks like some morbidly obese fat **** that never finished higher than 3rd place. If that’s your idea of greatness, you need to get out more.

Frazod 12-31-2023 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 17309568)
Looks like some morbidly obese fat **** that never finished higher than 3rd place. If that’s your idea of greatness, you need to get out more.

Please stop quoting him. Just put the ****ing imbecile on ignore.

Spott 12-31-2023 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17309576)
Please stop quoting him. Just put the ****ing imbecile on ignore.

My bad. Not even sure why I give a shit, except to make him look like a fool. He does a pretty good job of that by himself. I guess that’s what an Iowa education gets you.

BryanBusby 12-31-2023 03:49 PM

Bwillie and pete can scissor eachother straight to a purgatory in Manhattan, Kansas.

Pitt Gorilla 12-31-2023 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sassy Squatch (Post 17309474)
Because they looked like absolute shit against the cupcake they played the week prior, and Cook in particular had shown next to nothing in the way of development yet.

So, they were crying because we weren't winning games prettily enough? Was that really the issue? FFS, that's pathetic, if true.

Pitt Gorilla 12-31-2023 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spott (Post 17309568)

Need to downvote that post to get that fat **** out of our thread.

Mizzou_8541 12-31-2023 05:01 PM

Quote:

Same reason posters were bragging about actively recruiting against Mizzou at home games: many Mizzou fans are idiots with zero patience.

Mizzou_8541 12-31-2023 06:57 PM

Some hot takes for next year (and beyond):

1) Brady Cook is the epitome of Mizzou sports. He’s limited but wills himself and Mizzou to an SEC ship.
2) We lose to Alabama in the national championship next year
3) Mizzou fans don’t realize how good Darius Robinson is. He’s an NFL all pro in two years.
4) Marquis Johnson has a better NFL career than LB3
5) Cody Shrader gets a second contract: 500 yards rushing 500 yards receiving for a few years. Mizzou fans embarrassingly beg him to come coach.
6) Marquis Johnson, Theo Weese, and LB3 are all 800+ yard pass catchers
7) rakestraw and KAD are playing in the NFL in 2031.

warpaint* 12-31-2023 07:15 PM

‘‘Twas a great event to attend, Mizzou fans showed out, 60/40 split I’d estimate in our favor. It’s not often we get a pelt like that, it was a great night to be a Tiger. MizzouRAH!

Mizzou_8541 12-31-2023 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by POND_OF_RED (Post 17110736)
Somehow ended up right in front of all the recruits for this one. I definitely booed Brady Cook with everyone else. Don’t feel bad about it in the slightest. I also pointed out that Drink was coaching the last possession like a 3 year old playing Madden and I saw a lot of the recruits laugh and agree. We won that game, but better management would have put us in a better shot to not just pray for a miracle kick. Great game, though. Was a perfect day for football!

Anyone remember this post?

Pond of red: a real American hero. Doing gods work. Not all heros wear capes.

Mizzou_8541 12-31-2023 08:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17308581)
RJ Day stole KAD's towel. What in the actual ****?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Dude on Ohio State sideline just snatched Missouri players towel������ <a href="https://t.co/RyE1SNyuwN">pic.twitter.com/RyE1SNyuwN</a></p>&mdash; Pounding Enthusiast ��*⬛ (2-13) (@BOApounder) <a href="https://twitter.com/BOApounder/status/1740933482598092935?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 30, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

“THE Ohio state doesn’t care about the outcome”

Pitt Gorilla 12-31-2023 08:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 17312760)
“THE Ohio state doesn’t care about the outcome”

That was, allegedly, Day's son.

DJ's left nut 12-31-2023 08:53 PM

Quote:

I still don't believe they were.

I think it was a 'mooooooook' chant for Cooper that Drink used as a rallying cry.

I've had two guys I know who were at the game that said the same thing.

It's not something Mizzou fans do. They get apathetic and don't show - they don't boo the starting QB.

Well except for the dumbest **** to ever ****. I haven't seen him in this thread for a bit. Seems he wisely peaced out.

Pitt Gorilla 12-31-2023 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17312808)

I think it was a 'mooooooook' chant for Cooper that Drink used as a rallying cry.

It's not something Mizzou fans do. They get apathetic and don't show - they don't boo the starting QB.

Well except for the dumbest **** to ever ****. I haven't seen him in this thread for a bit. Seems he wisely peaced out.

Man, I hope you had a great time. I was thinking about you and the others that got to make the trip. That had to be a TON of fun!

Mosbonian 12-31-2023 09:33 PM

I will admit...and already have before....I was not impressed by either Cook or Drink following that second gane...

But Cook stepped up and grew into the leadership role the QB needs to be....and at times just seemed to be highly determined to show everyone they were wrong about him. He still has moments you scratch your head at what he is doing but those got fewer as the season wore on.

My only complaint about Drink is some of the decisions he makes....and sometimes his time management skills are not there...but he has earned the right for the fans to trust him.

Sassy Squatch 12-31-2023 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mosbonian (Post 17312877)
I will admit...and already have before....I was not impressed by either Cook or Drink following that second gane...

But Cook stepped up and grew into the leadership role the QB needs to be....and at times just seemed to be highly determined to show everyone they were wrong about him. He still has moments you scratch your head at what he is doing but those got fewer as the season wore on.

My only complaint about Drink is some of the decisions he makes....and sometimes his time management skills are not there...but he has earned the right for the fans to trust him.

They've got to get that delay of game shit on field goals under control.

Jerm 01-03-2024 06:49 PM

LSU wants Blake Baker apparently….I for one do not feel good about this…

duncan_idaho 01-03-2024 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 17317526)
LSU wants Blake Baker apparently….I for one do not feel good about this…

He cited stability in signing his extension with Mizzou last week.

He signed that knowing that LSU was likely opening up its defensive staff. If he was serious, he may not be interested in going to Baton Rouge to be the next sacrificial lamb in line for Brian Kelly.

Pitt Gorilla 01-04-2024 12:41 AM

10.7 million people tuned in to the Cotton Bowl last Friday. That's incredible.

Mizzou_8541 01-04-2024 01:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 17317901)
10.7 million people tuned in to the Cotton Bowl last Friday. That's incredible.

Where’s Prison Bitch when you need him? “College football is dead.”

warpaint* 01-04-2024 09:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17317534)
He cited stability in signing his extension with Mizzou last week.

He signed that knowing that LSU was likely opening up its defensive staff. If he was serious, he may not be interested in going to Baton Rouge to be the next sacrificial lamb in line for Brian Kelly.

It's on football scoop. You never know what's really going on & who's leaking what & why but it appears serious at the moment. I think we will have clarity soon.

warpaint* 01-04-2024 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 17317902)

This yr's NC matchup is great for the sport I think - a couple fresh teams that haven't been in it for awhile.

Pasta Little Brioni 01-04-2024 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou_8541 (Post 17317902)

Bring back Saul Good! Dude ended PB and that turd Bambi

tredadda 01-04-2024 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brother (Post 17318481)
Bring back Saul Good! Dude ended PB and that turd Bambi

That’s a name that I have not heard in a very long time.

POND_OF_RED 01-04-2024 02:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17312808)

I was definitely at the game and people definitely booed him when his name was announced as the starting QB. It was in the pregame. We had a great season and I’m happy to eat crow on my feelings for Cook, but don’t try to rewrite what happened if you weren’t even there. Walking into that stadium there wasn’t a single fan acting like we stood a chance and all the talk at Harpo’s that morning with fellow fans was about how Horn needed to be the starter. Cook and Drink followed up the boos with one of the best performances I watched at that stadium in awhile and deserved all the respect they got after that, but those games before that were not giving anyone ANY sort of confidence. Maybe the boos from the crowd sparked a fire in the play calling. It definitely seemed to light Drink up a bit in the postgame conference. You’re out of your mind if you think that his reaction was because of ONE fan close to the bench.

Jerm 01-04-2024 05:44 PM

Theo Wease is coming back for 2024…..hell yeah.

That WR room is gonna be NASTY….

siberian khatru 01-05-2024 11:26 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Happy Mini Movie Day 🎬<br><br>The 𝑬𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒏𝒅𝒆𝒅 Cotton Bowl Mini Movie drops at 3:00 PM CT!<br><br>Here’s a little sneak preview…<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/MIZ?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#MIZ</a>🐯🏈 <a href="https://t.co/iiYtr1QINd">pic.twitter.com/iiYtr1QINd</a></p>&mdash; Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) <a href="https://twitter.com/MizzouFootball/status/1743301007285842409?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 5, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

DJ's left nut 01-05-2024 11:36 AM

This is gonna sound like an insult. It kinda might be even if I don't intend it as such.

But a guy like Drink has to work HARD to get the kind of credibility for that speech to not make his guys just giggle. This tubby little nerdy guy with a squeaky voice and a kinda southern, kinda not accent is out there shouting "We're wilderness forged!!"

I kinda liken it to Patton a bit. George C. Scott does a HELL of a Patton and frankly, Patton would've likely had an easier time if he looked and sounded like George C. Scott. But he was kindof a mousy/sinewy dude with a pretty nasal voice. If that guy was telling you "We're going to grease the treads of our tanks with their guts" and you weren't laughing at him, he ****ing earned that kind of capital.

He got that kind of buy in through equity and not gravitas, if that makes any sense. In a way, that makes it quite a bit more impressive. I'm kinda curious how that plays over any real timeline. Is that the sort of thing that you actually build a wave behind? Or is it a very up and down sort of scenario?

DJ's left nut 01-05-2024 11:42 AM

Here's what I mean:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d4_47O2Pfy8?si=J43Syn31YHbaVx86" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's kinda jarring. Patton the historical figure isn't nearly as impressive an orator on a surface level than Patton the Hollywood creation. And yet that dude got shit done. Guys worshipped him.

So he must've worked his ass off to get that kind of loyalty and engender that kind of spirit.

tredadda 01-05-2024 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17319542)
Here's what I mean:

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/d4_47O2Pfy8?si=J43Syn31YHbaVx86" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

It's kinda jarring. Patton the historical figure isn't nearly as impressive an orator on a surface level than Patton the Hollywood creation. And yet that dude got shit done. Guys worshipped him.

So he must've worked his ass off to get that kind of loyalty and engender that kind of spirit.

He won…..a lot. That is what helped him so much. Plus he did have quite a few memorable statements that stuck with people.

raybec 4 01-05-2024 01:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tredadda (Post 17319630)
He won…..a lot. That is what helped him so much. Plus he did have quite a few memorable statements that stuck with people.

He really hurt his legacy by smacking the soldiers in the hospital, but that's what helped the success of operation fortitude.

Jerm 01-05-2024 03:38 PM

Looks like Baker is leaving for LSU….

TomBarndtsTwin 01-05-2024 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 17319915)
Looks like Baker is leaving for LSU….

Why sign a contract extension with Mizzou 3 weeks ago if you know you might leave?

That makes zero sense.

Jerm 01-05-2024 04:14 PM

Some rumors he might be taking Peoples with him too….now that would suck even more.

dlphg9 01-05-2024 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 17319947)
Some rumors he might be taking Peoples with him too….now that would suck even more.

Where you seeing this at?

Jerm 01-05-2024 04:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17319950)
Where you seeing this at?

Power Mizzou, Twitter, the ether…

It’s all just rumors at this point.

Pepe Silvia 01-05-2024 04:39 PM

First Kelly poached the Chiefs, now Mizzou. F*** that guy.

DJ's left nut 01-05-2024 04:58 PM

Would hate to lose Baker but I'm excited by what DJ Smith can do if he has to step in.

Gonna be a bit yet before we can keep guys from taking lateral moves to 'name' programs. That said, the list of teams we'll lose guys two has dwindled pretty substantially. Maybe a dozen of them at this point?

I'll take that.

duncan_idaho 01-05-2024 05:44 PM

Yeah, going to be tough to keep him at this point. I know he’s from there but I’d be hesitant to work for Brian Kelly if I were him.

TribalElder 01-05-2024 06:00 PM

Brian Kelly fired his entire defense and has already let Baker go from LSU once right?

Baker would be dumb af to go back to LSU

Sassy Squatch 01-05-2024 06:25 PM

Well, that's disappointing. But not much you can do when the guy apparently really wants to be at LSU, because conventional wisdom says he's an absolute fool to take that job again.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-05-2024 08:54 PM

Kelly is one of the biggest pieces of shit in college football, which is a hell of an accomplishment. Have fun working for that mother****er. I hope you don't have any student videographers you care about.

TribalElder 01-05-2024 09:04 PM

Brian Kelly probably getting fired at the end of next season

dumb move is dumb

JohnnyHammersticks 01-05-2024 09:05 PM

Anyone ever notice how short Brian Kelly is? Somehow I'd never noticed that until a few days ago. Looks like he's about 5'4". Heard he's really self-conscious about it and wears platform shoes a lot. He's definitely got a Napoleon Complex.

Rams Fan 01-05-2024 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 17320187)
Brian Kelly probably getting fired at the end of next season

dumb move is dumb

He has 2 10 win seasons in his first 2 years at LSU.

He isn’t getting fired.

TribalElder 01-05-2024 09:14 PM

3 years 2.5 million per year for baker

hopefully his plane crashes on his way to LSU

ChiefsCountry 01-05-2024 10:31 PM

Baker becomes the highest paid assistant coach in the nation. Hard to turn that down.

Woogieman 01-05-2024 11:12 PM

He is from Houston, his wife is from Louisiana...hard to turn down that and the payday

duncan_idaho 01-05-2024 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry (Post 17320250)
Baker becomes the highest paid assistant coach in the nation. Hard to turn that down.

His contract at Mizzou was 1.8, 1.9, 2.0 M over three years. So he picks up an extra 1.8M over 24-26. Assuming he doesn't get thrown under the bus by Kelly next year when they don't win the national title or make the playoff.

Jerm 01-06-2024 12:25 AM

The funny thing is, there’s rumors out there I guess that if Harbaugh jets to the NFL it might be Kelly in line for the Michigan job….

I don’t buy it necessarily but it’d be hilarious.

Titty Meat 01-06-2024 12:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 17320295)
The funny thing is, there’s rumors out there I guess that if Harbaugh jets to the NFL it might be Kelly in line for the Michigan job….

I don’t but it necessarily but it’d be hilarious.

I hope so but hard to imagine Sherrone Moore not getting the job after what he accomplished this year

Titty Meat 01-06-2024 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rams Fan (Post 17320192)
He has 2 10 win seasons in his first 2 years at LSU.

He isn’t getting fired.

And Louisiana is arguably the most talent rich state in the country you can throw a rock and hit a blue chip recruit. While Mizzou did a damn good job at recruiting LSU had another top 10 class something I don't think MU has ever done

jjchieffan 01-06-2024 10:17 AM

This is probably too long for some of you. But I found this article on SB Nation listing 4 candidates that they liked for our new DC.

So your defensive coordinator just got poached. Let’s talk about it.

The news that Blake Baker is leaving Mizzou — just weeks after signing an extension with Mizzou! — is a bit of a gut punch that puts a bit of a damper on what should have been a celebratory offseason. But, hey, this is college football. Bad things are going to happen.

Fortunately, the timing of the news gives Eli Drinkwitz and Desiree Reed-Francois ample time to find Baker’s replacement. It won’t be easy: Does anyone have a spare coordinator who can coach consecutive Top 20 units lying around? But there are a few candidates who make sense for the Tigers, including one that immediately jumps off the page. Let’s take a look, shall we?

DJ Smith, Missouri, Co-Defensive Coordinator/Linebackers Coach/Recruiting Coordinator

DJ Smith and Eli Drinkwitz with 2024 signee Brian Huff.
Not to put too fine a point on it, but this makes almost too much sense. Smith followed Drinkwitz from Appalachian State and has been on the rise ever since. Hired as a linebackers coach originally, Smith added the titles of Recruiting Coordinator and Co-Defensive Coordinator in short order and has overseen the rise of multiple stars and solid contributors in the linebacking corp — Nick Bolton, Blaze Alldredge, Ty’Ron Hopper, Chad Bailey, etc. Given the key role he has played in recruiting this roster and coaching it up, it would be somewhat surprising if he the “Co” in his title wasn’t removed.

Jim Leonhard, Illinois, Senior Football Analyst

If you want to go outside the program, no one brings as much in the way of high-end experience and availability as Jim Leonhard. The one-time defensive coordinator and interim head coach at Wisconsin, Leonhard spent five seasons as the Badgers’ DC. In that time, the Badgers annually had units that ranked in the Top 10 in total and scoring defense. He’s currently serving as a Senior Football Analyst under Brett Beliema at Illinois and should be available at a price comparable to what Baker was making. It’s hard to imagine you’d find a better candidate outside of Columbia than Leonhard.

Jimmy Rogers, South Dakota State, Head Coach

Let’s think outside the box for a second... and the FBS for that matter. Jimmy Rogers
Let’s think outside the box for a second... and the FBS for that matter. Jimmy Rogers is about to finish his first season as the South Dakota State head coach by seeking the Jackrabbits’ second consecutive FCS national championship. In his one campaign as the school’s defensive coordinator, SDSU finished first in defensive SP+. In his one campaign as the school’s head coach, SDSU finished — you guessed it — first in defensive SP+. Does it help that he took over the machine that John Stiegelmeier created? Sure, but he had more than his fair share in the construction. Is it likely that he’d leave his alma mater and FCS royalty for a coordinator gig at Mizzou? No. But at least you can make the call!

Will Muschamp, Co-Defensive Coordinator/Safeties Coach, Georgia

Before you track me down to throw rotten fruit at me, indulge me for a second. Ah, I see you’re still prepping the fruit. I’ll be quick then...

Will Muschamp has fooled SEC teams more than once. Simply put, he’s not necessarily good for business, especially when you hire him as a head coach. But great news, Tiger fans: Will Muschamp would not come to Columbia as a head coach! He’s been working under Kirby Smart for the past three seasons and, while it’s not difficult to field an elite defense in Athens, Georgia has finished 1st, 3rd and 5th in defensive SP+ during his time there. Kirby Smart’s mentor has been known to fix up also-ran head coaches and make them palatable to the national landscape. Could Smart have done the same for Muschamp? And would he leave the confines of Georgia to be the sole DC under Drinkwitz? It’s unlikely we’ll find out, but the thought isn’t as crazy as it may seem.

Pepe Silvia 01-06-2024 10:59 AM

Hopefully LSU loses some games this season.

TribalElder 01-06-2024 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 17320471)
Hopefully LSU loses some games this season.

Well, I do remember how LSU torched our defense at the end of the game to beat Mizzou so there is that ROFL

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2024 01:28 PM

I think the internal hire makes the most sense. Another question, though: did Baker actually sign that extension, and if so, how much is the buyout language?

Sounds like he's been talking to them since November, which is really shitty given all of his messaging since.

Pepe Silvia 01-06-2024 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 17320615)
I think the internal hire makes the most sense. Another question, though: did Baker actually sign that extension, and if so, how much is the buyout language?

Sounds like he's been talking to them since November, which is really shitty given all of his messaging since.

He just signed an extension so he could get more money out of LSU. I think the buyout is almost a million bucks.

'Hamas' Jenkins 01-06-2024 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia (Post 17320621)
He just signed an extension so he could get more money out of LSU. I think the buyout is almost a million bucks.

Can we shunt that to the NIL collective, or do we need MURR to sell nuclear secrets to Qatar like aTM is doing?

Pepe Silvia 01-06-2024 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins (Post 17320625)
Can we shunt that to the NIL collective, or do we need MURR to sell nuclear secrets to Qatar like aTM is doing?

Yes I think you can use it for NIL, they are discussing it on SEC rant.

|Zach| 01-06-2024 03:54 PM

Read yesterday the buyout is $950k.

I know how the world works but this is a shitty thing to do right after the extension. If he made this deal happen before that fair play but it all sucks especially with the messaging he constantly spouts.

The word is out though we have a lot of money to pay someone to keep this defense going. It’s fine if he doesn’t take kids with him I don’t know what those dynamics are.

Jerm 01-06-2024 05:04 PM

I don’t know if he’d take the job but I’d throw all the $$ at Muschamp and make him tell you no….

Pitt Gorilla 01-06-2024 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm (Post 17321040)
I don’t know if he’d take the job but I’d throw all the $$ at Muschamp and make him tell you no….

No thanks. Whatsoever.

DJ Smith is the correct call and the one I assume they'll make.

Mosbonian 01-10-2024 05:44 AM

Looks like Mizzou finished 8th in the final AP Poll....not bad for a team predicted to finish at the bottom of the SEC ladder.