ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

htismaqe 03-26-2019 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14180647)
Brian Gutekunst writes the name on the draft card and hands it to his lackey to take to the commissioner.

Afterward, he makes phone calls to various internet security companies to protect his e-mail inbox from the random Mizzou fans who will inevitably spam him with wailing and screaming about how this guy isn't actually any good.

The Green Bay Packers select Emanuel Hall, WR, Missouri

ROFL

RealSNR 03-26-2019 10:48 AM

Nobody has tried to take somebody who's already been drafted. Hasn't yet happened. That's kind of remarkable. Is this a record? Usually there's O.City or Direckshun or some asshat (hell, I've done it before) who pulls that stunt in the 1st round.

*knocks on wood*

O.city 03-26-2019 10:58 AM

<iframe src="https://giphy.com/embed/m5FqYUKkTB2fe" width="480" height="480" frameBorder="0" class="giphy-embed" allowFullScreen></iframe><p><a href="https://giphy.com/gifs/m5FqYUKkTB2fe">via GIPHY</a></p>

Rain Man 03-26-2019 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14180869)
Nobody has tried to take somebody who's already been drafted. Hasn't yet happened. That's kind of remarkable. Is this a record? Usually there's O.City or Direckshun or some asshat (hell, I've done it before) who pulls that stunt in the 1st round.

*knocks on wood*

Back in the 60s or 70s, there was some George Allen team (Rams or Redskins) that actually traded away the same pick twice. Recordkeeping was all on paper, and no one noticed it until the draft when two teams tried to make a selection. Apparently it caused some chaos. I don't remember how they resolved the issue with the two teams, but I think they fined George Allen's team a 1st round pick the following year.

DJ's left nut 03-26-2019 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 14180961)
Back in the 60s or 70s, there was some George Allen team (Rams or Redskins) that actually traded away the same pick twice. Recordkeeping was all on paper, and no one noticed it until the draft when two teams tried to make a selection. Apparently it caused some chaos. I don't remember how they resolved the issue with the two teams, but I think they fined George Allen's team a 1st round pick the following year.

My favorite draft story is a hockey one.

The St. Louis Blues were owned by Ralston Purina at the time (IIRC) and they were trying to sell the team. They had a buyer who wanted to move the team to Saskatoon and the board of Governors rejected the bid. Purina was pissed - they didn't want the team anymore, didn't have a local buyer and the NHL wouldn't let them sell it to the guys that wanted to move it. So their response was to decide to essentially decided to let the team go fallow. They were just gonna do...nothing.

They told the NHL "okay, they're you're problem now. If you want them to exist, you do it because we have no intention of fielding a hockey team next season..."

They just didn't bother to send anybody to the 1983 draft so the Blues picks just didn't get made.

It got even nastier. The NHL decided to reject Ralston's attempts to 'give' the Blues to the NHL because they didn't want to have to give Ralston any proceeds from the sale. So they just flat terminated the franchise and absorbed its assets. Then they effectively created a 'new' Blues franchise and sold it to Harry Ornst free of any encumbrances. And had Ornst not come to the table with a deal, the NHL probably would've just folded the Blues outright.

Three years later Ornst sold the Blues (and the arena) for an $11.5 million profit over the roughly $24 million he'd put into them.

It was a total shitshow.

Chargem 03-26-2019 12:10 PM

The Carolina Panthers select Drue Tranquill, LB, Notre Dame

The Franchise 03-26-2019 12:15 PM

The Miami Dolphins select Anthony Nelson, DE, Iowa

BossChief 03-26-2019 03:12 PM

The Atlanta Falcons select Terrill Hanks, LB, New Mexico State

RealSNR 03-26-2019 04:05 PM

One of my favorite small school guys in this draft

The Green Bay Packers select Jordan Brown, CB, South Dakota State

The Franchise 03-26-2019 04:17 PM

The Cleveland Browns select Mike Bell, S, Fresno State.

RealSNR 03-26-2019 04:21 PM

The Minnesota Vikings select Renell Wren, DT, Arizona State

Chief Northman 03-26-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14181463)

Hot take:

Hanks will be selected by the Chiefs.

staylor26 03-26-2019 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14181463)

Damn it. I was hoping he’d fall to the Colts.

Rain Man 03-26-2019 05:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14181575)
The Minnesota Vikings select Renell Wren, DT, Arizona State

Please tell me that his middle initial is L.

DJ's left nut 03-26-2019 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Northman (Post 14181599)
Hot take:

Hanks will be selected by the Chiefs.

Redundant if their plan is making Hitch the base Will and DoD the sub package guy.

I like Hanks but I think you're stretching to ask more than those two roles out of him.