ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Video Games Madden 20 (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322727)

ThaVirus 09-07-2019 07:30 PM

Nah, I would never cheat to get ahead. I don't even like to cheese.

I'm just looking for ways to finesse the cap. Since you can't backload contracts in the game I figure there might be some other technique to get these deals done..

But it's cool. I let Fuller hit FA. I'm going to see about unloading as many of these horrible contracts as possible. Watkins, Fisher, LDT, Hitchens, Sorenson and Colquitt are all gone as soon as it becomes cost-effective.

Hammock Parties 09-07-2019 07:36 PM

One thing you can do to get a player to sign is increase the signing bonus and lower the salary....but it's a minor thing.

ThaVirus 09-07-2019 07:41 PM

So I just wrapped up my first season and it was a doozy.

Andrew Luck is apparently still in the game. He was scooped up by the Falcons and had an MVP season. It was hilarious seeing Matt Ryan o#2 on the depth chart. They were spending like $40m on QBs this season.

The Brownies got the #1 seed on the strength of Baker's 40+ TDs, KHunt's runner-up for OPOY, and Myles Garrett leading the league in sacks.

The Patriots, Chargers, and Steelers all missed the playoffs.

I got swept by the Raiders lol

ThaVirus 09-07-2019 07:46 PM

Did someone post a draft guide in this thread?

I'm feeling like the offense will be OK regardless. Pat really is ridiculous and with Kelce and Hill it's almost unfair, but I'd like to re-tool the OL, pick up a RB with 95+ speed and a TE2 since we run a lot of two TE sets. Other than that I need to focus on LB and CB, obvi.

The Franchise 09-07-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unsmooth-Moment (Post 14424345)
Watch out for the extension Mahomes gets.. If you just offer the stock offer that pops up his cap hit towards the end of the contract is 50 and 75 million a season.. I don't think there are any options of restructuring?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14430358)
Don't do that.

If you're gonna do that you might as well play on rookie.

The game actually got the cap right this year so...if you **** up...you gotta deal with it.

Yeah...got the cap right.

pugsnotdrugs19 09-07-2019 09:25 PM

Madden didn’t get the cap remotely right.

And it’s a mother****ing joke that you can’t at least front or backload contracts. They had that shit in the game back in 2011.

Shit franchise. I bought it for the final time since Mahomes was on it.

Hammock Parties 09-07-2019 09:34 PM

I mean, it's better than it was. It's actually hard to sign everyone now - and combined with the draft being MUCH harder, building a dynasty is going to be tough.

I'm enjoying this game. Sorry if you aren't.

mnchiefsguy 09-09-2019 03:56 PM

Okay, so I downloaded the opening week rosters and started a franchise....and Andrew ****ing Luck came out of retirement and is playing for the Broncos!

Is there any way I can force him to re-retire or do I have to scrap the franchise?

Imon Yourside 09-09-2019 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 14436807)
Okay, so I downloaded the opening week rosters and started a franchise....and Andrew ****ing Luck came out of retirement and is playing for the Broncos!

Is there any way I can force him to re-retire or do I have to scrap the franchise?

Lolz of course he did, I started my Franchise before he retired so i'm unaffected. Go in and edit him and make him all zeroes. :)

mnchiefsguy 09-10-2019 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 14436963)
Lolz of course he did, I started my Franchise before he retired so i'm unaffected. Go in and edit him and make him all zeroes. :)

That might work....or at least give him the same numbers as Flacco.

I did not see an option in franchise mode to edit the players like that. I'll have to give that a google.

Thanks for the idea!

Bump 09-11-2019 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mnchiefsguy (Post 14440521)
That might work....or at least give him the same numbers as Flacco.

I did not see an option in franchise mode to edit the players like that. I'll have to give that a google.

Thanks for the idea!

ya you can just go to rosters and then select team, position and then click on the player and scroll down to edit.

I only did it with Luck and Shazier. Seriously, Shazier broke his neck why is he in the game still? That seems wrong.

kcxiv 09-11-2019 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 14440534)
ya you can just go to rosters and then select team, position and then click on the player and scroll down to edit.

I only did it with Luck and Shazier. Seriously, Shazier broke his neck why is he in the game still? That seems wrong.

im pretty sure they asked him and gave him some cash for it.

Bump 09-11-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 14440546)
im pretty sure they asked him and gave him some cash for it.

he's a God in MUT but there's nothing wrong with having him there, but in franchise? come on.

Iconic 09-13-2019 11:09 PM

Weekend League is cancer

Easy 6 09-13-2019 11:52 PM

Finally sprang for this today, cant wait to binge tomorrow

Anyone have any top 3 tips for a quick start?