ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   The logic of drafting OT in the 1st. (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=336512)

Hoover 02-15-2021 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15551623)
Probably a little later than mid-round. He was inconsistent at tackle but could definitely play inside in the NFL. I think he'll likely be a 5th round pick at this point.

Yes. Nice prospect if you can get him at the right price. I think he might be able to play RT in the NFL, but he's a little raw. I don't think he's ever played inside at Iowa.

htismaqe 02-15-2021 09:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 15551700)
Yes. Nice prospect if you can get him at the right price. I think he might be able to play RT in the NFL, but he's a little raw. I don't think he's ever played inside at Iowa.

He hasn't but he doesn't really have the length to play outside. He's a "box" guy so he would likely operate better inside with guys to either side of him.

Chris Meck 02-16-2021 11:19 AM

Man, one thing is for sure:

There is no consensus this year on anyone outside the top maybe 20 guys. Everyone else's boards are all over the place. Some mocks have guys going late first/early second and other mocks have them as fourth rounders. I mean it's really all over the place.

I don't expect that to change, honestly. It's going to come down to scouting and scheme fits because there won't be the work-out warrior thing as guys shoot up due to the combine.

htismaqe 02-16-2021 11:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15552248)

There is no consensus this year on anyone outside the top maybe 20 guys. Everyone else's boards are all over the place. Some mocks have guys going late first/early second and other mocks have them as fourth rounders. I mean it's really all over the place.

I don't expect that to change, honestly. It's going to come down to scouting and scheme fits because there won't be the work-out warrior thing as guys shoot up due to the combine.

Yeah, there's some weird takes out there for sure.

I saw a Zeirlein (I think it was) mock where he had 6 ILB going in the 1st round.

Chris Meck 02-16-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15552250)
Yeah, there's some weird takes out there for sure.

I saw a Zeirlein (I think it was) mock where he had 6 ILB going in the 1st round.

It's weird, but I have to think it will favor stable organizations. We should have a good draft.

htismaqe 02-16-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15552267)
It's weird, but I have to think it will favor stable organizations. We should have a good draft.

I agree. It sure seemed to be okay last year for us.

Hoover 02-16-2021 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15552248)

Thats actually great news, plus with no combine... Advantage Veach!

The Franchise 02-16-2021 03:16 PM

So maybe not in the first but what about James Hudson out of Cincy?

Converted from d line to LT and in 2 years he gave up 0 sacks and only 6 pressures.

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2021 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15536344)
Dead ****ing wrong. Wrong. Wrong. Wrong.

Did I mention wrong?

WRONG.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, I sure hope the Chiefs draft a tackle in every round! That'll fix all of their issues!

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2021 03:54 PM

The Combine isn't happening this year in Indy so the draft will be even more risky than in past years.

And to be quite honest, I don't think there's a tackle at #31 in this draft that can start in Week 1, whether it's Left or Right, so if Fisher and Schwartz are both out for the year, the Chiefs will need to sign guys in free agency.

staylor26 02-16-2021 06:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 15552689)
So maybe not in the first but what about James Hudson out of Cincy?

Converted from d line to LT and in 2 years he gave up 0 sacks and only 6 pressures.

James Hudson and D’Ante Smith are my guys in the 3rd. Walker Little if we want to see if he slides into the 3rd and trade up too.

There’s value at OT in rounds 2-3, no need to reach for one in the 1st.

Stryker 02-16-2021 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15552934)
James Hudson and D’Ante Smith are my guys in the 3rd. Walker Little if we want to see if he slides into the 3rd and trade up too.

There’s value at OT in rounds 2-3, no need to reach for one in the 1st.

Didn't read all of the previous posts but if that is the case then who do you like in the first? Or do you trade down to gain more picks? Do you trade our 1st for a player on another team? Just curious of your thoughts.

htismaqe 02-16-2021 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 15552942)
Didn't read all of the previous posts but if that is the case then who do you like in the first? Or do you trade down to gain more picks? Do you trade our 1st for a player on another team? Just curious of your thoughts.

It depends on the board but there should be value at both DE and WR at #31, in addition to OT. If things fall right, trading down would be a good option.

Stryker 02-16-2021 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by htismaqe (Post 15552957)
It depends on the board but there should be value at both DE and WR at #31, in addition to OT. If things fall right, trading down would be a good option.

Thanks just wanted to follow along and get feedbacks. Another crazy year!

DaneMcCloud 02-16-2021 07:28 PM

I've rarely been critical Chiefs since Reid took over in 2013, other than some questionable contracts and draftees by John Dorsey, but I have to say, I am very disappointed by the fact that the Chiefs haven't directly addressed the timetable for Schwartz and Fisher's recovery/return.

The season is over, both men ended last season on IR and they don't need to play any games with the roster.

They've had plenty of time to appraise the fans of their injury status, so what's the holdup?