ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football ***2024 NFL Free Agency*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352525)

dlphg9 05-14-2024 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17518908)
What we’ve lost in Sneed, we’ve more than gained in WR and probably LT.

Shit who knows with the young DBs we drafted. Trust Veach on that one.

I'd say there is a decent chance that one of these CBs can step up and give us 85-90% of what Sneed was giving us:

Jaylen Watson/Joshua Williams - both of these guys have significant experience starting for us during the back to back championships. These 2 sort of flew under the radar due to Sneed and McDuffie becoming the best CB duo in the league last year. If either of them show just a little bit of development, then we won't miss Sneed at all.

Nic Jones - he was a rookie last year and got most of his play time on ST, but he was on the SB roster and I think Spags sees a lot of promise and ability in him. He has a chance of getting a good number of snaps. Will he be anywhere as good as Sneed? Probably not, but with how good Veach has been at drafting CB and how good Spags is at coaching them up nothing would surprise me.

Then you have guys like Nazeeh Johnson, Ekow Boye-Doe, and Jaden Hicks. One of these guys is a rookie and the other 2 are just going into their second seasons, but I think Veach and Spags sees a lot of potential and I will always default to their opinion on the DB position.

Some of these guys might be safeties. I know at least one of these guys or someone I didn't mention is going to surprise everyone and outplay expectations.

ReynardMuldrake 05-14-2024 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPH83 (Post 17518891)
Surely a combination of being confident that Worthy and Brown offer more than Rice and MVS, hopeful that ONE of Toney or Moore learns how to play (let's be honest, Toney) and perhaps expecting to bring in someone in another position where the floor could be low like LT.

I'm sure they know more than we do, but enough to gamble on him being around, not sure about that. Are they confident another incident doesn't occur? Are they confident in the NFL's process and precedence mattering? Think they'd be unwise to be.

Maybe they have reason to believe that punishment won't be handed out until 2025, with things looking to be tied up in court for a while. It's happened before.

Mecca 05-14-2024 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 17518936)
Maybe they have reason to believe that punishment won't be handed out until 2025, with things looking to be tied up in court for a while. It's happened before.

That's possible but of course he could be put on the exempt list so that's a risk, it'd probably be in the Chiefs interest to not bring attention to themselves for a bit.

JPH83 05-14-2024 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReynardMuldrake (Post 17518936)

I mean it's absolutely possible, I just don't know how much it's worth believing the NFL will adopt a certain approach at this point. I'm just not convinced they'd be so sure of this for it to be the difference between then offering Zay Jones a contract or not.

I guess it's possible they invited him in and then heard something about Rice that made them say f-it. Just as likely they didn't want to pay the price, imo.

Mosbonian 05-14-2024 03:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17518752)
I mean you could chalk it up to a blind spot for Moore and/or Toney - they demonstrated it last season. But it seemed with the Brown and Worthy additions that lessons were learned there.

The blind spot...or what I categorize as too prideful to admit that Moore is a 2nd round failure thus far and Toney is a head case that we hope gets it together this year.

Basileus777 05-14-2024 03:40 PM

Rice was mostly a big slot receiver for us, the team likely feels like they have enough options in the slot even without Rice.

Dunerdr 05-14-2024 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 17518919)
Maybe they read my posts and understand that Rashee is the real victim here

#Rasheeaintdonutn

Dunerdr 05-15-2024 06:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17518834)
ESPN suggests we sign S/LB Jamaal Adams

For vet minimum, sure.

Pinchshot 05-15-2024 07:24 AM

Arrowhead Pride says we signed Adams. Should we get excited?

Chiefs sign S/LB Jamal Adams

The Seahawks sent two first-round picks to acquire Adams from the Jets in 2020, then gave him a significant contract extension the next year. Things didn’t pan out, mostly because of injuries. He never completed a full season in Seattle, missing 34 games over four seasons with various ailments. I would have loved to see him in new coach Mike Macdonald’s scheme as a blitzer near the line of scrimmage, but his contract made that an unrealistic proposition.

At this point, Adams needs to be spotted in a situational role as a strong safety and even as a potential linebacker on passing downs. After he had 16 sacks from 2019 to 2020, he hasn’t had a single sack across the past three campaigns, so it remains to be seen whether the explosiveness that marked his earlier days is still there. At the right price, I have to believe the upside is worth the risk that Adams, 28, just isn’t the player he was earlier in his career.

Get him to Chiefs coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, who can surely find a spot in the lineup for a player with Adams’ talent and ability as a blitzer. Kansas City lost Mike Edwards and Willie Gay this offseason, and although it used a fourth-round pick on safety Jaden Hicks, Adams could compete for a role as a situational safety and linebacker. There’s a chance he might not make the team, but the Chiefs are shopping in the luxury aisle given their roster. If he will take a deal built around per-game roster bonuses, I would love to see him in camp with Kansas City.

Dunerdr 05-15-2024 07:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pinchshot (Post 17519614)

The Seahawks sent two first-round picks to acquire Adams from the Jets in 2020, then gave him a significant contract extension the next year. Things didn’t pan out, mostly because of injuries. He never completed a full season in Seattle, missing 34 games over four seasons with various ailments. I would have loved to see him in new coach Mike Macdonald’s scheme as a blitzer near the line of scrimmage, but his contract made that an unrealistic proposition.

At this point, Adams needs to be spotted in a situational role as a strong safety and even as a potential linebacker on passing downs. After he had 16 sacks from 2019 to 2020, he hasn’t had a single sack across the past three campaigns, so it remains to be seen whether the explosiveness that marked his earlier days is still there. At the right price, I have to believe the upside is worth the risk that Adams, 28, just isn’t the player he was earlier in his career.

Get him to Chiefs coordinator Steve Spagnuolo, who can surely find a spot in the lineup for a player with Adams’ talent and ability as a blitzer. Kansas City lost Mike Edwards and Willie Gay this offseason, and although it used a fourth-round pick on safety Jaden Hicks, Adams could compete for a role as a situational safety and linebacker. There’s a chance he might not make the team, but the Chiefs are shopping in the luxury aisle given their roster. If he will take a deal built around per-game roster bonuses, I would love to see him in camp with Kansas City.

If AP says it and no one else, no.

Couch-Potato 05-15-2024 11:06 AM

Quote:

Suggested by ESPN as well, nothing online yet about the signing that I see.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-15-2024 11:19 AM

Quote:

Arrowhead Pride ROFL uhhh read the thing. It's obvious click bait.

Similar to CHIEFS SIGN WR WITH 4.4 SPEED and 4k yards and 40 TDS THE LAST 4 YEARS...(at a podunk D2 school)

PatMahomesIsGod 05-15-2024 11:21 AM

Just say no to broke dicks.

GeorgeZimZam 05-15-2024 11:30 AM

Quote:

Terrible post. Misleading AF. You totally misrepresented the ESPN article itself, which was simply quoted on Arrowhead Pride (which you curiously did not link; try to do that next time):

https://www.arrowheadpride.com/2024/...s-with-buffalo

via ESPN

https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/sto...ks-jamal-adams

Quote:

Post-NFL draft trades, signings that shouldhappen: 10 deals | ESPN

TwistedChief 05-15-2024 11:32 AM

How does someone read that and think we signed him? Does that person know how to read?