ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Must Watch Series (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=258883)

Sandy Vagina 09-20-2017 06:21 PM

Bored To Death is a fun comedy.. Ted Dansen, Jason Schwartzman, and Zach Galifinakis.

We had our doubts about it, but after 2-3 episodes, it grew on us, and continued to do so.

Baby Lee 09-26-2017 02:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina (Post 13093856)
Bored To Death is a fun comedy.. Ted Dansen, Jason Schwartzman, and Zach Galifinakis.

We had our doubts about it, but after 2-3 episodes, it grew on us, and continued to do so.

Did you watch Blunt Talk with Patrick Stewart?

Same vibe, same creator [Jonathan Ames] about a 'news personality' and his production company.

Baby Lee 09-27-2017 11:45 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 13090431)
South Park is still going strong (on their 21st season this year). thought the season premiere was great.

also there's a new show on HBO called The Deuce that is good so far (from the creator of the Wire). I highly recommend it.

ROFL

KCUnited 10-08-2017 07:19 AM

Got sucked into the Suburra: Blood on Rome Netflix series yesterday. It's subtitled, but the story is well done, it's well acted and the shots of Rome are really cool.

Rausch 10-08-2017 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sd4chiefs (Post 13082548)

I have the new season of Bojack Horseman to watch.

NSFW

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/dGalix-sVXs" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Skip it.

Watch BIG MOUTH instead...

Sandy Vagina 10-26-2017 09:13 PM

Not a **** given if thoroughly ignored, but after reading a Baby Lee post just now.. it reminded me that this is worth announcing to people considering it, but are unsure..

The Last Kingdom.. season 1 and 2.. have been absolutely AWESOME for both myself and Mrs.

Can not wait for S3.. if you like that genre and have not seen... SEE.

:thumb:

Buehler445 10-26-2017 10:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina (Post 13177749)
Not a **** given if thoroughly ignored, but after reading a Baby Lee post just now.. it reminded me that this is worth announcing to people considering it, but are unsure..

The Last Kingdom.. season 1 and 2.. have been absolutely AWESOME for both myself and Mrs.

Yeah. I watched it and posted that I enjoyed it. The beginning monologue annoys me abnormally.

Fansy the Famous Bard 10-27-2017 07:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sandy Vagina (Post 13177749)

This.

Great effing show, very well done.

Baby Lee 11-01-2017 09:28 PM

Happy happy happy HAPPY!!!!!!!!

<iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/v_NRSoVncJQ" frameborder="0" gesture="media" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sandy Vagina 11-02-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 13106411)
Did you watch Blunt Talk with Patrick Stewart?

Same vibe, same creator [Jonathan Ames] about a 'news personality' and his production company.

Never even heard of it. Will remember this, and check into.. at some point. :thumb:

KCUnited 11-17-2017 01:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sully1983 (Post 13090431)
also there's a new show on HBO called The Deuce that is good so far (from the creator of the Wire). I highly recommend it.

Holy pancake titties, Maggie Gyllenhaal ruined this for me. It's like she's intentionally getting naked in every scene. Plus, it's a lot of Franco, which isn't surprising since their both producers and actors in it. Had potential, but they couldn't get out of each other's way.

Buehler445 12-27-2017 01:25 PM

I watched River on Netflix. It’s like a miniseries type thing. I thought it was really a good watch. Not necessarily a happy watch, but a good one.

In the age of sensitivity, I don’t know where this falls on the spectrum of “sensitive enough” regarding mental illness. I have virtually no experience with mental illness so I’m not one to discuss it. What I will say is the notes they were trying to hit resonated. With me anyway. It was very well acted - and on some very complex and difficult to grasp emotions/situations. It also tackled some racism and predjudice ideas that are often dicey and poorly executed that I thought were handled well.

Well worth the watch in my opinion. And the time commitment isn’t all that big.

keg in kc 12-27-2017 01:29 PM

I'm ****ing loving Happy! on syfy. One of the craziest shows I've ever seen.

kcxiv 01-01-2018 11:21 AM

The 2 Dave Chappelle stand up's are ****ing awesome! dude went in on everyone. haha

sd4chiefs 01-01-2018 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by keg in kc (Post 13310778)
I'm ****ing loving Happy! on syfy. One of the craziest shows I've ever seen.

This.