ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports Caitlin Clark is ****ing awesome (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348179)

chiefzilla1501 06-11-2024 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 17548763)
You didn't answer my question.

I did. I did not say clark is the 12th best player. But neither is taurasi. If anyone got actually snubbed it’s Arike ogunbowole. So whether she is a better player or not is irrelevant.

But that isn’t what matters here. This is an irrelevant benchwarmer spot for a team that’s going to destroy every opponent regardless of who sits in the 12th chair. You don’t need McBride when you have plum and ionescu as sharpshooters and 7 guards on the roster. It is a largely irrelevant roster spot which makes the clark exclusion super dumb. McBride wouldn’t play meaningful minutes and neither would clark. Unlike McBride, clark brings a ton of PR to the team while she’s riding the bench, which McBride does not. Easy choice

Kiimo 06-12-2024 07:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17548761)
And it’s not like you’re inviting Anthony Bennett.

I will never forget watching Bennett's first summer league game and the very first shot he put up was horrible form and an absolute flat BRICK with no arc to it that looked like it hit the bottom of the rim and the announcer goes "UH OH"

It was the first of so many

big nasty kcnut 06-12-2024 03:33 PM

The fever team is not playing to Caitlin strength.

Titty Meat 06-12-2024 05:39 PM

This is the shit these low t dudes are watching

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C1uWG...pnMnVxcTZmNnA0

dlphg9 06-12-2024 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17549845)

Lmao, I've seen middle school boys do this before.

New World Order 06-12-2024 05:43 PM

Quote:

I thought you were going to post a clip from the spring Nebraska football game

Megatron96 06-12-2024 05:53 PM

Quote:

Is that for real? Because that was awful. Those are supposedly All-Stars?

Titty Meat 06-12-2024 06:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 17549852)
I thought you were going to post a clip from the spring Nebraska football game

Hmm watch the next Patrick Mahomes practice or some dyke struggle to miss a layup. Tough choice

Pablo 06-12-2024 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Megatron96 (Post 17549868)
Is that for real? Because that was awful. Those are supposedly All-Stars?

That’s the kind of shit bugger watches to get his sports fix. Understandable why Brits love soccer so much

dlphg9 06-13-2024 07:11 AM

Also it's not a very common take, but having all these WNBA players that hate Clark and are jealous is actually really good for the game. Don't get me wrong it's annoying that these idiots aren't on there knees thanking Clark for making their shit league actually relevant, but it is getting the league a ton of publicity.

People are actually talking about the WNBA and if it wasn't for the hate Clark is getting, then I think people's interests would have faded pretty quickly and I know the WNBA wouldn't be discussed daily on social media and on pretty much every sports show on TV.

Rivalries always get more interest and people absolutely love the drama and shit talk. Why do you think that absolute hack Skip Bayless has probably the most popular sports show on TV? All this drama may be able to keep eyes on a subpar league for a season or 2 and maybe that will give Clark enough time to acclimate into the league and people will watch because she's dominating. I don't know how long they can get by on being the equivalent of a reality TV show.

chiefzilla1501 06-13-2024 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17550310)
Also it's not a very common take, but having all these WNBA players that hate Clark and are jealous is actually really good for the game. Don't get me wrong it's annoying that these idiots aren't on there knees thanking Clark for making their shit league actually relevant, but it is getting the league a ton of publicity.

People are actually talking about the WNBA and if it wasn't for the hate Clark is getting, then I think people's interests would have faded pretty quickly and I know the WNBA wouldn't be discussed daily on social media and on pretty much every sports show on TV.

Rivalries always get more interest and people absolutely love the drama and shit talk. Why do you think that absolute hack Skip Bayless has probably the most popular sports show on TV? All this drama may be able to keep eyes on a subpar league for a season or 2 and maybe that will give Clark enough time to acclimate into the league and people will watch because she's dominating. I don't know how long they can get by on being the equivalent of a reality TV show.

It’s possible, but I think we learned from USWNT that too much of the wrong drama isn’t helpful. At some point the new fans are gonna say it’s not worth it. Because right now if they’re not rooting for clark most of them find the rest of the product to be unwatchable. And the loudmouths in the media turned a lot of USWNT fans into haters and these are the same people hating on clark.

Imagine this other scenario… Caitlin clark gets picked for the Olympics. You have teammates who give her support and love. These new fans start rooting for team USA and starting to like players on the team. And maybe then you might see these new fans tune in to non Caitlin clark games. Steph didn’t create a media sensation because of hate, he did it because nba players were falling off their chairs in excitement watching him splash threes. The buzz of snubbing clark is not even remotely close to the buzz if she made the Olympics.

They need to get rid of the old guard of loudmouths like taurasi. They need to get rid of these polarizing media heads who only push wnba because they’ve been deplatformed everywhere else. And there is only so long an entire league can play the role of villain and pit clark up against the entire wnba.

BigCatDaddy 06-13-2024 08:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17550348)
It’s possible, but I think we learned from USWNT that too much of the wrong drama isn’t helpful. At some point the new fans are gonna say it’s not worth it. Because right now if they’re not rooting for clark most of them find the rest of the product to be unwatchable. And the loudmouths in the media turned a lot of USWNT fans into haters and these are the same people hating on clark.

Imagine this other scenario… Caitlin clark gets picked for the Olympics. You have teammates who give her support and love. These new fans start rooting for team USA and starting to like players on the team. And maybe then you might see these new fans tune in to non Caitlin clark games. Steph didn’t create a media sensation because of hate, he did it because nba players were falling off their chairs in excitement watching him splash threes. The buzz of snubbing clark is not even remotely close to the buzz if she made the Olympics.

They need to get rid of the old guard of loudmouths like taurasi. They need to get rid of these polarizing media heads who only push wnba because they’ve been deplatformed everywhere else. And there is only so long an entire league can play the role of villain and pit clark up against the entire wnba.

I agree with this take. Barkley actually piggy backed off of Jordan, Bird, and Magic to become one of the most popular NBA figureheads ever. Before the Dream Team he was known but not the icon he became. A few WNBA players could have used the platform in the same way, but now you have just a fraction of the people watching that would if CC was on the team.

Shields68 06-13-2024 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17550348)

Even if someone in the WNBA front office was smart enough to realize this, they really in all honesty probably could not sway the commitee. You have 3 former players who are now colleges coaches and who are all probably played with Tuasari and would not vote for leaving her home. The criteria they came up with basically eleminated CC from the jump. I mean famillarity in the coches system, familiar wih international play...

ThrobProng 06-13-2024 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17550310)

The Caitlin Clark honeymoon period will be over soon, and a bunch of bitchy mares won't stop the ratings from dropping.

chiefzilla1501 06-13-2024 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 17550378)
I agree with this take. Barkley actually piggy backed off of Jordan, Bird, and Magic to become one of the most popular NBA figureheads ever. Before the Dream Team he was known but not the icon he became. A few WNBA players could have used the platform in the same way, but now you have just a fraction of the people watching that would if CC was on the team.

There are two simple paths here: include her in and by association fans will grow to like the players around her. Like how Larry bird fans grew to love Robert Parrish. Or their dumbass approach right now which is to exclude her unless she conforms to the very image that has made the wnba an unpopular mess. We know which road the wnba has gone down and that is just insane. Taurasi is a fine candidate for the Olympics but it’s clear the wnba inside their delusional echo chambers believes that revolving the Olympics around her will do more for the sport than revolving it around clark. They legitimately believe that.

dlphg9 06-14-2024 09:56 AM

https://www.mediaite.com/sports/wnba...ty-report/amp/

WNBA On Track to Lose Roughly $50 Million This Year, Despite Explosion in Popularity: Report
AHMAD AUSTIN JR. JUN 13, 2024 12:19 PM
WNBA Draft
Adam Hunger/AP

Advertising

Although the WNBA is experiencing a level of exposure not seen since its inception, the league is expected to lose $50 million this season.

In a report from The Washington Post, a number of sources talked about the NBA’s next media rights deal and how the WNBA factors into it. According to them, some potential bidders have not assigned figures to the WNBA specifically, meaning the league’s rising popularity may not be much of a factor in how much money it receives in the deal.

While some sources within the league hope to one day have media deals separate from the NBA, others pointed to the benefits of partnering with the NBA — like sharing resources, cross-promoting, and using the NBA’s massive fanbase to help grow the WNBA’s.

Revenue is also an integral part of the conversation. As noted in the report, NBA commissioner Adam Silver revealed in 2018 that the WNBA lost an average of $10 million each year since it began. That figure, according to two sources, will rise to around $50 million this year.
It’s not explicitly revealed why the WNBA will operate at a bigger loss this year, but the inclusion of charter flights may be a factor. WNBA commissioner Cathy Engelbert said it would cost each of the twelve teams $25 million a year, though many around the league weren’t sure who signed off on the expense.

Still, several media executives predict the WNBA’s media rights revenue will triple in the new deal."

Holy shit. I think this league may just be ran by completely incompetent people.

ThrobProng 06-14-2024 09:59 AM

She just got $200 million guaranteed from the Jacksonville Jaguars, so good on her.

chiefzilla1501 06-14-2024 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17551681)
https://www.mediaite.com/sports/wnba...ty-report/amp/

WNBA On Track to Lose Roughly $50 Million This Year, Despite Explosion in Popularity: Report
AHMAD AUSTIN JR. JUN 13, 2024 12:19 PM
WNBA Draft
Adam Hunger/AP

Advertising

Although the WNBA is experiencing a level of exposure not seen since its inception, the league is expected to lose $50 million this season.

In a report from The Washington Post, a number of sources talked about the NBA’s next media rights deal and how the WNBA factors into it. According to them, some potential bidders have not assigned figures to the WNBA specifically, meaning the league’s rising popularity may not be much of a factor in how much money it receives in the deal.

While some sources within the league hope to one day have media deals separate from the NBA, others pointed to the benefits of partnering with the NBA — like sharing resources, cross-promoting, and using the NBA’s massive fanbase to help grow the WNBA’s.

Revenue is also an integral part of the conversation. As noted in the report, NBA commissioner Adam Silver revealed in 2018 that the WNBA lost an average of $10 million each year since it began. That figure, according to two sources, will rise to around $50 million this year.
It’s not explicitly revealed why the WNBA will operate at a bigger loss this year, but the inclusion of charter flights may be a factor. WNBA commissioner Cathy Engelbert said it would cost each of the twelve teams $25 million a year, though many around the league weren’t sure who signed off on the expense.

Still, several media executives predict the WNBA’s media rights revenue will triple in the new deal."

Holy shit. I think this league may just be ran by completely incompetent people.

They're not gonna move the needle without a new tv deal. And they're not gonna get a tv deal without Caitlin Clark. If sooner the dumbasses in the league would realize that , the better off theyll be in the long run.

staylor26 06-14-2024 10:05 AM

Does anybody see how players and media members are now holding Clark responsible for the actions/words of strangers and demanding that she speaks up?

Funny how that's a one way street, and nobody is demanding that from the other side.

chiefzilla1501 06-14-2024 10:34 AM

In ideas that make total sense but probably wouldnt happen, wouldn't it be cool if she collaborated with mahomes? She's already a huge chiefs fan. But it seems like bobby stroupe would be a perfect fit for conditioning. The w is gonna force her to become big and physical, but it would be great to see her become quicker and functionally stronger. They want so badly for her to be Lu Dort but she needs to be trained to be Steph curry

ToxSocks 06-14-2024 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17551722)
In ideas that make total sense but probably wouldnt happen, wouldn't it be cool if she collaborated with mahomes? She's already a huge chiefs fan. But it seems like bobby stroupe would be a perfect fit for conditioning. The w is gonna force her to become big and physical, but it would be great to see her become quicker and functionally stronger. They want so badly for her to be Lu Dort but she needs to be trained to be Steph curry

Imagine Caitlin Clark with a Mahomes' dad bod gut. Heh.

"Have you followed the diet plan, Caitlin? An 18 pack of Coors light per day"

Titty Meat 06-14-2024 10:50 AM

It looks like they are trying to shoot a medicine ball into the hoop when they go for layups

Pablo 06-14-2024 10:56 AM

Happy Father’s Day Grinder

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...a47fc67dd9.jpg

ToxSocks 06-14-2024 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17551756)

Good for Jackson Mahomes. Never thought he'd settle down and be a family man, ya know?

MarkDavis'Haircut 06-14-2024 11:51 AM

AB went for the kill shot.

https://x.com/AB84/status/1801413051972731079

WhawhaWhat 06-14-2024 11:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut (Post 17551857)

He has brain damage. Do you also have brain damage?

ThrobProng 06-14-2024 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarkDavis'Haircut (Post 17551857)

LMAO

staylor26 06-14-2024 12:16 PM

"It's more of just a charity for lesbians"

LMAO LMAO LMAO

New World Order 06-14-2024 12:51 PM

That is good

chiefzilla1501 06-14-2024 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17551695)
Does anybody see how players and media members are now holding Clark responsible for the actions/words of strangers and demanding that she speaks up?

Funny how that's a one way street, and nobody is demanding that from the other side.

Yeah, I mean it's undeniable this whole thing started when the outrage media that have been deplatformed everywhere else started insisting her popularity was due to white and "pretty" privilege. There is no doubt a culture war and some of the worst people are latching onto Clark for awful reasons. But that wouldn't have happened if the dumbass WNBA just included her from the very beginning.

DJ's left nut 06-14-2024 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17551756)

It is so very, very strange to me that we have to continue pretending that Griner is a woman.

I mean ****ing hell, what are we even doing here?

Pablo 06-14-2024 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17551992)
It is so very, very strange to me that we have to continue pretending that Griner is a woman.

I mean ****ing hell, what are we even doing here?

Pandering to the alphabet people. Who might be a huge chunk of WNBA fans?

ThrobProng 06-14-2024 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17551992)

It should be easy for people who pretend the WNBA isn't dog shit.

KCUnited 06-16-2024 10:05 AM

Sky vs Fever going down rn

ptlyon 06-16-2024 10:11 AM

WNBA game is interrupting TV church services in sioux falls, so it might be getting bigger than I thought.

Kiimo 06-16-2024 10:31 AM

0% chance Antonio Brown is still running that twitter feed sadly

Titty Meat 06-16-2024 11:11 AM

LMAO

https://www.instagram.com/p/C8SIfCYp...RoYTdnYjFsMw==

notorious 06-16-2024 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17553625)

It's obvious that they are underpaid after going over numbers like that.

Kiimo 06-16-2024 11:15 AM

Watching Chicago Indiana and I'm reminded how many assists Clark would have if players could hit layups it's amazing

ghak99 06-16-2024 11:31 AM

I tuned in while eating lunch for a few minutes and immediately get to see UQueefie's sex worker intentionally club Clark in the head on a layup for a flagrant 1 and then get to see her foul Clark for her fourth a few seconds later.

This is some unbelievably ugly basketball.

ghak99 06-16-2024 11:33 AM

Boston moves like she needs a year of cardio to get into game shape.

Kiimo 06-16-2024 11:40 AM

Just got her 5th

KCUnited 06-16-2024 11:40 AM

I ain’t mad at this game

Kiimo 06-16-2024 11:43 AM

Both sides heating up

Titty Meat 06-16-2024 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimo (Post 17553631)
Watching Chicago Indiana and I'm reminded how many assists Clark would have if players could hit layups it's amazing

Go outside

ghak99 06-16-2024 12:02 PM

What kind of bullshit rule is this?!

Kiimo 06-16-2024 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17553661)
Go outside

I can only assume you are outside, posting on your phone which is somehow worse

KCUnited 06-16-2024 12:06 PM

Literally CC right now

https://i.imgur.com/CaOAzVK.jpg

WhawhaWhat 06-16-2024 01:14 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Angel Reese sends Caitlin Clark to the floor with a hard foul which has been upgraded to a Flagrant 1<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/OuAUJLR9I9">pic.twitter.com/OuAUJLR9I9</a></p>&mdash; Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1802392980856111470?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 16, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

chiefzilla1501 06-16-2024 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhawhaWhat (Post 17553713)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Angel Reese sends Caitlin Clark to the floor with a hard foul which has been upgraded to a Flagrant 1<br><br> <a href="https://t.co/OuAUJLR9I9">pic.twitter.com/OuAUJLR9I9</a></p>&mdash; Barstool Sports (@barstoolsports) <a href="https://twitter.com/barstoolsports/status/1802392980856111470?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 16, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's a blatant flagrant 1 and hard foul. But it looks like a basketball play to me.

New World Order 06-16-2024 01:20 PM

ChiefyBooger is pretty quiet

staylor26 06-16-2024 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 17553717)

I'm sure he wouldn't have posted something by now if the results were flipped.

Titty Meat 06-16-2024 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimo (Post 17553666)
I can only assume you are outside, posting on your phone which is somehow worse

I was eating at Chipotle not watching a bunch of white hating dykes play basketball at a 6th grade level

notorious 06-16-2024 01:57 PM

Titty Meat:

https://i.makeagif.com/media/7-21-2015/j5v63B.gif

Coogs 06-16-2024 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 17553717)

I think he’s a Clark (Fever) fan now since it’s all about winning.

Clark (Fever)5-10 for .333
Reese (Sky-Town)4-9 for .308

kevrunner 06-16-2024 03:10 PM

She barely missed a triple double, very nice game for her and her team.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Caitlin Clark in the Fever&#39;s win over the Sky 🔥<br><br>▫️ 23 PTS<br>▫️ 9 AST <br>▫️ 8 REB<br>▫️ 2 BLK <a href="https://t.co/xaPNkXa3b5">pic.twitter.com/xaPNkXa3b5</a></p>&mdash; The Sporting News (@sportingnews) <a href="https://twitter.com/sportingnews/status/1802402657904242688?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 16, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

displacedinMN 06-16-2024 03:41 PM

Quote:

Reese is a piece of shit thug.

dlphg9 06-16-2024 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17553716)
That's a blatant flagrant 1 and hard foul. But it looks like a basketball play to me.

Slapping someone in the back of the head is a basketball play?

Easy 6 06-16-2024 04:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17553912)

More like straight upside the head

threebag 06-16-2024 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pablo (Post 17547026)
So marketable.

Bet

chiefzilla1501 06-16-2024 09:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dlphg9 (Post 17553912)

She wasn't intentionally trying to slap her on the head. It was an attempt to swipe the ball from behind and when you miss that you'll likely make contact. It's the WNBA. These girls don't have verticals. Flagrant 1 was the right call. But that's a reach for anyone to think it was anything other than playing way too aggressive and playing a hard foul. Can't stand angel Reese, but this is clearly accidental.

New World Order 06-16-2024 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17554133)
She wasn't intentionally trying to slap her on the head. It was an attempt to swipe the ball from behind and when you miss that you'll likely make contact. It's the WNBA. These girls don't have verticals. Flagrant 1 was the right call. But that's a reach for anyone to think it was anything other than playing way too aggressive and playing a hard foul. Can't stand angel Reese, but this is clearly accidental.

Her arm wasn't even close to the ball LMAO

Buehler445 06-16-2024 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kevrunner (Post 17553870)
She barely missed a triple double, very nice game for her and her team.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-media-max-width="560"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Caitlin Clark in the Fever&#39;s win over the Sky 🔥<br><br>▫️ 23 PTS<br>▫️ 9 AST <br>▫️ 8 REB<br>▫️ 2 BLK <a href="https://t.co/xaPNkXa3b5">pic.twitter.com/xaPNkXa3b5</a></p>&mdash; The Sporting News (@sportingnews) <a href="https://twitter.com/sportingnews/status/1802402657904242688?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 16, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Who did she block? That's a bit embarrassing.

Buehler445 06-16-2024 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17554133)

Yeah. She wanted it too much and over extended. Dumb play, but probably not dirty.

Pitt Gorilla 06-16-2024 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by displacedinMN (Post 17553905)
Reese is a piece of shit thug.

She is? How many flagrant fouls does she have?

chiefzilla1501 06-16-2024 10:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by New World Order (Post 17554136)
Her arm wasn't even close to the ball LMAO

Yeah she was blocking from behind and she swats at it very late. She's obviously swinging to knock the ball out. It's clearly a play on the ball that was just badly missed.

New World Order 06-16-2024 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 17554161)
Yeah she was blocking from behind and she swats at it very late. She's obviously swinging to knock the ball out. It's clearly a play on the ball that was just badly missed.

Or most likely intentional due to their past history and Clark being the apple of the public eye

BWillie 06-16-2024 11:50 PM

Angel Reese has been absolutely atrocious so far. She's shooting at or below Clark's FG % and she doesn't even shoot 3s. Clark shoots 8.2 per game so hers is of course going to be lower. Also I did not know this until recently but apparently WNBA guards even good ones routinely shoot in the mid to upper 30s even ones who aren't very reliant on the 3. Must have something to do with lack of athleticism and more difficulty finishing shots from so far away from the rim.

WNBA would be a Bill Self dream. The big man (woman) matters more.

MarkDavis'Haircut 06-17-2024 12:01 AM

https://x.com/ClayTravis/status/1802...-ilqdZjyw&s=19

kevrunner 06-17-2024 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 17554142)
Who did she block? That's a bit embarrassing.

Not really, she has around 15 block shots now, tied for 14th place in that category, pretty impressive, shows just how much she hustles.

BigCatDaddy 06-17-2024 06:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445 (Post 17554145)
Yeah. She wanted it too much and over extended. Dumb play, but probably not dirty.

I can't stand that girl but yeah wasn't dirty. Her eyes were looking up at the ball when she swung.

chiefzilla1501 06-17-2024 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17554173)
Angel Reese has been absolutely atrocious so far. She's shooting at or below Clark's FG % and she doesn't even shoot 3s. Clark shoots 8.2 per game so hers is of course going to be lower. Also I did not know this until recently but apparently WNBA guards even good ones routinely shoot in the mid to upper 30s even ones who aren't very reliant on the 3. Must have something to do with lack of athleticism and more difficulty finishing shots from so far away from the rim.

WNBA would be a Bill Self dream. The big man (woman) matters more.

I don’t think she’s atrocious. But it’s ugly and not going to draw in eyeballs like she thinks. She rebounds a lot of her misses and draws lots of fouls, so her % isn’t as bad at first glance, but it also means her rebounds are overstated. She also plays good defense. She’s a better FT shooting version of Andre Drummond.

MarkDavis'Haircut 06-17-2024 07:02 AM

https://x.com/barstoolsports/status/...ZTzEoZQvQ&s=19

ThaVirus 06-17-2024 07:47 AM

Quote:

Clearly a basketball play

Coogs 06-17-2024 09:44 AM

But also clearly flagrent by definition. It would be the same in the NBA.

chiefzilla1501 06-17-2024 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 17554339)
But also clearly flagrent by definition. It would be the same in the NBA.

Yes, clearly a flagrant 1

ToxSocks 06-17-2024 10:50 AM

I hope the WNBA is what starts a race war.

Titty Meat 06-17-2024 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ToxSocks (Post 17554456)
I hope the WNBA is what starts a race war.

That would be the most modern day America thing ever

Tundra Scout 06-17-2024 11:21 AM

Hate crimes being carried out under the guise of sport.

Megatron96 06-17-2024 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tundra Scout (Post 17554500)
Hate crimes being carried out under the guise of sport.

? How do we figure?