ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Home and Auto Handy-Man Corner (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=99538)

PastorMikH 05-30-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
I'm not much of a handyman at all. (Hence my asking for advice)

I could use a good weed killer. I live in a townhouse that has a small patio. It's surrounded by a privacy fence.

I'd like to buy something that will kill the vegetation for good in a 3' X 6' area.

I plan on throwing down some cedar chips or something afterwards.

I suppose I could just pick something, but I thought I'd ask.

Anti-freeze or Diesel fuel work pretty good, if you are covering it, some used motor oil can kill the spot for good - but don't let the EPA catch you doing it.

;)

You can also go down to the local co-op and ask them for something that will sterilize the soil. Farmer I worked for got something that would kill everything and nothing would grow back for at least a year. Don't know what it was called though.

I bought some stuff at the hardware store this year that, like Roundup killed everything off, but was supposed to sterilize the soil for the rest of the season. I used it on the church parking lot but we've had so much rain and water runs well enough around there that it has already lost it's effectiveness.

bronco610 05-31-2007 01:07 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here's a gadget I made!

bronco610 05-31-2007 01:15 AM

The child has cerebal palsey and alot of people chipped in. Not looking for pat on the back but even some Chief fans helped so I just wanted to say thanks for those of you who did !!!

Phobia 05-31-2007 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bronco610
The child has cerebal palsey and alot of people chipped in. Not looking for pat on the back but even some Chief fans helped so I just wanted to say thanks for those of you who did !!!

People are just people, dude. It doesn't matter what team you root for.

Nice bike. Hopefully it will bring many hours of enjoyment for you and your kid.

bronco610 05-31-2007 01:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia
People are just people, dude. It doesn't matter what team you root for.

Nice bike. Hopefully it will bring many hours of enjoyment for you and your kid.

Not my kid, just the builder. Never met the guy, but I also have a son with cerebal palsey. Like I said just wanted to say thanks to the fans who contributed.

bringbackmarty 05-31-2007 01:50 AM

You have some skills and you kick ass. god bless.

Iowanian 05-31-2007 07:51 AM

I had followed the project that lead to that bike. Its a nice gesture on your part and a fine project....other than the color blind person who must have picked those clashing, nasty color scheme.

nice work.

Iowanian 07-20-2007 02:25 PM

Stucko House repair.

I've got a problem on a project I'm working on.

Long story short, a grandparent thought "vines" were Pretty and allowed them to grow all over a stucko house. We killed them and are pulling them down, however, some are grown into the stucko and will need some fixin.

the next problem is the "feet" that the vines cleated themselves to the wall/ceilings....they pull off, leaving black spots that won't power wash off.

Does anyone have an idea or trick to get that shit off?

Stewie 07-20-2007 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iowanian
Stucko House repair.

I've got a problem on a project I'm working on.

Long story short, a grandparent thought "vines" were Pretty and allowed them to grow all over a stucko house. We killed them and are pulling them down, however, some are grown into the stucko and will need some fixin.

the next problem is the "feet" that the vines cleated themselves to the wall/ceilings....they pull off, leaving black spots that won't power wash off.

Does anyone have an idea or trick to get that shit off?

Trisodium Phosphate? That's all I got. Not sure if it will hurt the stucko.

Iowanian 10-18-2007 06:07 PM

Handy-men Listen up.

Water lines. Recently, mostly last weekend My dad and I ran all new waterlines from the meter throughout my project house/home. We had previously run new water and sewer upstairs during another surprise(holes in cast plumbing you could hide a beercan that soaked a wall-ceiling) when I had everything torn out to repair that.....

Anyway.....If you ever find yourself in this predicament, and do not use "PEX"....you're a fool.

Its so much faster.

http://www.bobvila.com/TV_Showrooms/...es/aquapex.jpg

I'll never install a copper line again.
http://www.mobilehomerepair.com/pocketcrimper.html

JimNasium 08-17-2008 06:16 PM

I'm pulling paneling out of a room this week and replacing it with sheetrock. Is there a secret to matching up the walls with the textured ceiling without making it totally obvious?

Bugeater 08-17-2008 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium (Post 4922788)
I'm pulling paneling out of a room this week and replacing it with sheetrock. Is there a secret to matching up the walls with the textured ceiling without making it totally obvious?

I usually use rip bead along the top edge and just caulk whatever gap remains. Covering up the unfinished corner with crown molding works too.

JimNasium 08-17-2008 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBo (Post 4922848)
I usually use rip bead along the top edge and just caulk whatever gap remains. Covering up the unfinished corner with crown molding works too.

Rip bead?

Bugeater 08-17-2008 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JimNasium (Post 4922852)
Rip bead?

I added a link in my last post.

JimNasium 08-17-2008 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBo (Post 4922857)
I added a link in my last post.

Very cool. Thanks.