ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   ****OFFICIAL 2019 Saccopoo CP Mock Draft Thread**** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=321710)

Mother****erJones 03-25-2019 07:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14178246)
Can’t draft for need.

There’s so many available at 29-63 that it’s not just about need. This team can’t ****ing cover anyone. But by all means keep thinking like that.

Sfeihc 03-25-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14178271)
There’s so many available at 29-63 that it’s not just about need. This team can’t ****ing cover anyone. But by all means keep thinking like that.

You've had it all figured out for years but yet you still suck.

TambaBerry 03-25-2019 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 14178277)

hes not wrong and DJ isnt wrong either. There are multiple ways of drafting and not everything works. I would draft the more expensive skill position players in the first round unless the value just isnt there. I would never ever take a lineman in the first two rounds. How many championships did that Dallas line win, New England takes brokedicks and turns them into the highest paid player.

Mother****erJones 03-25-2019 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sfeihc (Post 14178277)

What’s that supposed to mean? Because I don’t want a first round center with gaping holes on defense and Reiter being more than serviceable?

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14178295)
hes not wrong and DJ isnt wrong either. There are multiple ways of drafting and not everything works. I would draft the more expensive skill position players in the first round unless the value just isnt there. I would never ever take a lineman in the first two rounds. How many championships did that Dallas line win, New England takes brokedicks and turns them into the highest paid player.

Exactly. Ignoring corner and safety last year is what got this team into trouble last year. Adding Breeland and Badger is a nice start but to think ‘we good’ now and can take a center is crazy. I’m not the only one that thinks this. I’ve talked about this with a lot of other fans of this team. It’s really only pick 29 I have an issue with. Otherwise, DJN is spot on for the most part. But after watching last year’s secondary, then thinking ‘don’t draft for need’ and not taking one in rounds 1-3 is woefully negligent.

The Franchise 03-25-2019 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14178129)
I ****ing hate it to be honest. No corners taken. Leaves gaping holes at corner and safety still. It really starts with 29 and why you can take a damn center 29th overall. The run of secondary players leave us with shit to choose from at 61 and 63.

You’ve got hindsight....who are you picking?

Mother****erJones 03-25-2019 07:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14178326)

A corner like Amani Oruwariye from Penn St, Justin Layne Mich St, or even a stud S like Chauncey Gardner-Johnson. It’s not hindsight since I’ve been wanting a corner or safety pairing with HB for awhile now.

TambaBerry 03-25-2019 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 14178326)

i would have taken the penn st cb i cant spell, chauncey gardner johnson, dexter lawrence

Mother****erJones 03-25-2019 07:58 AM

I just don’t know how you can watch this defense fiddle **** around last year and think taking a center at 29 is fine.

Hoover 03-25-2019 08:07 AM

With the 100th pick in the NFL Draft, the LA Rams select, T.J. Edwards, ILB, Wisconsin

PM Sent

O.city 03-25-2019 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TambaBerry (Post 14178295)

New England took a lineman in the first round last year.

O.city 03-25-2019 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14178343)
I just don’t know how you can watch this defense fiddle **** around last year and think taking a center at 29 is fine.

Because if your board says your taking a player you rate as a 2nd round prospect in the first round over a lineman you rate as a first round, best player at that position, it's not smart.

It's the long game Dj is trying to play. It doesn't always work out, but the numbers say it's got better odds than reaching just for need.

DJ's left nut 03-25-2019 08:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14178271)

Fuller, Ward and Breeland are going to be better next season than any CB availble when I was up in the 2nd and taking Justin Layne or Julian Love in the 1st would've been the height of stupidity.

The problem with the secondary last season was not lack of talent, it was lack of coordination and communication.

You have no earthly idea what 'this team' can do as it's never taken the field. But the starting defense wouldn't have been helped by taking a CB in the 2nd and the team at large would've been harmed by reaching badly for a 2nd round caliber corner in the 1st. Oruwariye is another mid-2nd talent who you guys would've never asked for but/for the fact that our secondary is perceived as a weakness.

You're need drafting and little else. You've conceded that fact by saying you have already chosen your positions before the draft started (CB/S/HB). That's a good way to end up with a shitty team in not too terribly long.

O.city 03-25-2019 08:36 AM

That's another thing I look at with a first rounder. I want him to start immediately.

Unless you're getting one of the top 2 or 3 corners, or Adderley or maybe the s from Florida who's name escapes me, I don't know that I see a lot of secondary players stepping right in.

Bradburry fills a hole with a blue chip player. Or alteast i'm guessing DJ has him as a blue chip player.

DJ's left nut 03-25-2019 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mother****erJones (Post 14178343)

Because "this defense" didn't take the field last year.

It's a new staff, new scheme and with at least 2 new starters in the defensive backfield alone. What's the throughput? Most of the guys that are going to be key parts of the D next year weren't problems last season.

Stop trying to pretend like the draft is a cure-all. It isn't and it never has been. I said this all the way back in the Pioli era - good teams do NOT deal with 'needs' in the draft. They deal with needs in FA and they use the draft to try to address situations before they become needs.

If you're looking to fix immediate problems with draft picks, you're doing it wrong. The Chiefs have taken some steps towards helping this D and they've done it in a way where they can add complementary parts to the defense via the draft. Should the board fall in a way where need meets potential, then great.

It didn't here, not in my book. I don't think Oruwariye or Layne are nearly the caliber of raw prospect that Bradburry is. So if I'm taking them instead of him, it's a purely needs based determination. That's how reach picks get made and they don't help the team in the long run.

Mother****erJones 03-25-2019 09:17 AM

That’s a joke of a secondary. I get scheme and coaching but goddamn that’s not what I’d do. I just hope this isn’t how it goes a month from now. You know your shit DJ I haven’t argued that. We just see things differently.

Taking CGJ isn’t a reach at all. He’s a stud that’ll instantly upgrade the secondary and allow even more versatility