ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs NFL trade watch (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=324629)

O.city 08-29-2019 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 14414345)
The Dolphins are kinda dumb.

But you really wouldn't think so. Especially when they need...everything. I mean if the Texans are open for business here, get Coutee and Scharping back. I mean surely Scharping has to be part of it, right? They can't move Tunsil - who will protect next years new QB - and not get at the very least a high ceiling young player back with him.

It isn't as though they're dealing from weakness here - they don't HAVE to make this move. But if you can get Clowney (present value of roughly a 2nd) Coutee (probably a 3rd) Scharping (3rd) and maybe Omenihu (5th) then you're in the ballpark for an ascending LT. And even that's maybe a bit on the light side.

Butif you're the Texans you still do it. Scharping isn't necessary if you have Tunsil and Coutee is your 3rd WR. Clowney doesn't want to play for you and Omenihu is a guy who maybe develops into Okafor in 2 years. If that's what you give up to get a young LT - pft, DONE.

I would think the Dolphins could do even better than that.

The Texans make the deal every day and twice on sunday. Easiest deal they could make.

Tunsil is a potential all pro LT who is already developed and ready to go, you just have to pay him and plug him on the left side. ****, that's a great deal for the Texans. I really hope they phins aren't that dumb.

There's a scenario where the Dolphins make that trade and end up with neither player in a year. It's just dumb.

O.city 08-29-2019 03:12 PM

I don't think Clowney wants to go to Miami anyway so he may nix that.

Seattle just makes a lot of sense for him in what they ask their DE's to do.

BossChief 08-29-2019 03:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14414361)
I don't think Clowney wants to go to Miami anyway so he may nix that.

Seattle just makes a lot of sense for him in what they ask their DE's to do.

Seattle is usually pretty smart so I can see them getting a 1 and 2 for Clark and flipping the 2 for Clowney to replace him.

staylor26 08-29-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14414366)
Seattle is usually pretty smart so I can see them getting a 1 and 2 for Clark and flipping the 2 for Clowney to replace him.

Lol Seattle hasn’t been smart at all lately.

Mecca 08-30-2019 06:33 AM

According to the Miami Herald, the offer would have sent Clowney AND a first-round pick to the Dolphins, and in exchange, the Texans would have acquired offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil. Apparently, the only reason the deal didn’t go down is because the Dolphins wanted more than that. According to the Herald, Miami also wanted another “high draft pick” thrown into the deal, and understandably, the Texans balked at the Dolphins’ asking price.

This is called overplaying your hand.

O.city 08-30-2019 07:13 AM

It’s two inept franchises

One with a hc as a gm who’s clueless and another with a first time tough guy head coach

Both patriot way castoffs so is this surprising to anyone?

tyecopeland 08-30-2019 07:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14415383)
According to the Miami Herald, the offer would have sent Clowney AND a first-round pick to the Dolphins, and in exchange, the Texans would have acquired offensive lineman Laremy Tunsil. Apparently, the only reason the deal didn’t go down is because the Dolphins wanted more than that. According to the Herald, Miami also wanted another “high draft pick” thrown into the deal, and understandably, the Texans balked at the Dolphins’ asking price.

But they have no guarantee of getting Clowney for more than this year which is going to be a losing season anyway. They need to be able to justify trading away a young lt without counting Clowney.

DJ's left nut 08-30-2019 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14415383)

I actually think Clowney, a 1st and Scharping would be a fair return.

And I think the Texans should do it.

Tunsil would be enormous for them.

In58men 08-30-2019 10:05 AM

Jags released CB Saivion Smith

Mecca 08-30-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 14415712)
Jags released CB Saivion Smith

They cut a few others as well.

Mecca 08-30-2019 10:19 AM

Patriots trade former second round pick Duke Dawson to the Broncos.

Also Su'a Cravens is cut.

RunKC 08-30-2019 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14415731)
Patriots trade former second round pick Duke Dawson to the Broncos.

Also Su'a Cravens is cut.

Broncos are trying like hell to match up with our offense.

Mecca 08-30-2019 10:28 AM

Apparently Shaqueem Griffin is right on the cut bubble, having 1 hand is an issue.

chinaski 08-30-2019 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14415750)
Apparently Shaqueem Griffin is right on the cut bubble, having 1 hand is an issue.

Five finger discount?

Mecca 08-30-2019 10:34 AM

Surprise, Raiders cut LB Brandon Marshall