ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The 10pm thread (archived) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=155926)

crazycoffey 12-24-2007 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red
Dan Kwayel? LOL

he was spelling potatoes....

Simply Red 12-24-2007 12:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CrazyCoffey
he was spelling potatoes....

I know.

crazycoffey 12-24-2007 12:27 PM

Quote:

I know.

You noe?

crazycoffey 12-24-2007 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoBo
There's always the corndancer if you need him.
http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/st...corndancer.gif

blast from the past (first night of this monster thread you all created)

I love this smilie

SPchief 12-24-2007 02:12 PM

Can we get this thread to 25000 before the 5th?

Simplex3 12-24-2007 02:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPchief
Can we get this thread to 25000 before the 5th?

How do you feel about cheating?

crazycoffey 12-24-2007 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simplex3
How do you feel about cheating?

why is this some sort of solicitation?

I suppose we could go back and start quoting the first 1000 posts, that will shoot us over 25000 pretty quickly.

Simplex3 12-24-2007 02:32 PM

Quote:

why is this some sort of solicitation?

I suppose we could go back and start quoting the first 1000 posts, that will shoot us over 25000 pretty quickly.

I could write a script to post on this thread non-stop. It would be easy. If several people ran it we could have it up over 25k by dinner time.

:)

crazycoffey 12-24-2007 02:34 PM

Quote:

I could write a script to post on this thread non-stop. It would be easy. If several people ran it we could have it up over 25k by dinner time.

That would really piss off Skip and Doomie, you should do it! :evil:

Simply Red 12-24-2007 05:07 PM

hi

Joie 12-24-2007 09:47 PM

Where's everyone? It's almost 10pm! Sure, I know it's Christmas Eve and you're setting out the cookies for Santa.

Merry Christmas Everyone

luv 12-24-2007 10:01 PM

Wow. Haven't seen this thing in awhile.

2112 12-24-2007 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
Wow. Haven't seen this thing in awhile.

I bumped it, Merry Christmas, luv.

luv 12-24-2007 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dimension2112
I bumped it, Merry Christmas, luv.

Ditto.

greg63 12-24-2007 10:38 PM

Good evening ladies! :D

luv 12-24-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by greg63
Good evening ladies! :D

No ladies here.

Joie 12-24-2007 10:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
No ladies here.

I'm a lady, thankyouverymuch :harumph:

luv 12-24-2007 11:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Joie
I'm a lady, thankyouverymuch :harumph:

My bad.

Cntrygal 12-25-2007 09:47 AM

Merry Christmas!

StcChief 12-25-2007 10:14 AM

Merry Christmas

TinyEvel 12-25-2007 11:10 AM

Quote:

Doing well. The owner of the company just handed out 100.00 dollar bills to everyone who showed up today. Kinda cool on top of a 250.00 dollar bonus and a extremely nice dinner out.

SR, you put the decimal point in the wrong place on that bonus, guy.

ALWAYS BE CLOSING!!!!!!!!!

Simplex3 12-29-2007 07:08 PM

Since we're bumping old crap.

Joie 12-29-2007 10:00 PM

Wow, this is on the front page and I didn't do it!

Bugeater 12-29-2007 10:02 PM

Quote:

Wow, this is on the front page and I didn't do it!

I've never once bumped this thread.

Joie 12-29-2007 10:09 PM

Quote:

I've never once bumped this thread.

You're from Gawd Damned Nebraska. You probably can't find it unless one of us shows it to you. :shake:

cookster50 12-29-2007 10:14 PM

Giants suck.

Bugeater 12-29-2007 10:15 PM

Quote:

You're from Gawd Damned Nebraska. You probably can't find it unless one of us shows it to you. :shake:

You obviously have no idea the trouble I went thru last night to find my artist's rendering of your family. I had to sift thru 3 different friggin' BBQ threads for that.

Joie 12-29-2007 10:19 PM

Quote:

You obviously have no idea the trouble I went thru last night to find my artist's rendering of your family. I had to sift thru 3 different friggin' BBQ threads for that.

You're a Gawd Damned Nebraskan. You just followed the scent of beef. The fact that I'm a vegetarian probably threw you off a bit. :)

Bugeater 12-29-2007 10:24 PM

Quote:

You're a Gawd Damned Nebraskan. You just followed the scent of beef. The fact that I'm a vegetarian probably threw you off a bit. :)

:hmmm: Why would a vegetarian go to a BBQ in the first place? Is Aces a vegan too?

Joie 12-29-2007 10:27 PM

Quote:

:hmmm: Why would a vegetarian go to a BBQ in the first place? Is Aces a vegan too?

There's lots of goodies at BBQs for me, and I love BBQ sauce. I eat it with fries or onion rings. Aces is most definitely a carnivore....and I'm not vegan. I eat eggs and dairy products.

Bugeater 12-29-2007 10:32 PM

Oh, I thought vegan and vegetarian were the same thing, i was just trying to save a few keystrokes. So do you not like meat, or do you just not like the idea of eating animals?

Joie 12-29-2007 10:39 PM

Quote:

Oh, I thought vegan and vegetarian were the same thing, i was just trying to save a few keystrokes. So do you not like meat, or do you just not like the idea of eating animals?

Vegans use no animal products whatsoever. I'm technically an ovo-lacto vegetarian.

When I was 14, it started really bothering me to eat meat. Slowly over a few years I evolved into a vegetarian. I've been one more than half my life, I'll be 29 next week. Right before I gave up meat I'd been having horrible headaches for months, and they went away as soon as I stopped eating meat. My mom thinks the two are related. I dunno. I really don't like the thought of eating animals but I don't push my thoughts on anyone else. And I do cook meat for Aces and the kids.

Bugeater 12-29-2007 10:50 PM

I couldn't imagine not eating meat. I've even butchered cows before and it didn't bother me one bit. I've heard of people visiting packing houses and not being able to eat beef for a while afterwards, not me, I could pick up a burger on the way home from one.

Although my all-meat Super Bowl party I tried a few years ago didn't go over so well, we eventually had to mix in some bread, potato chips and other stuff. I found out I do have my limits.

Joie 12-29-2007 10:56 PM

I really don't know why it bothers me so much. I have a pretty strong stomach (my cousin likes to show me pics of deer he's killed and my little brother hunts), and I can cook meat but I don't like to handle it raw and could never kill or butcher an animal. I'm the only vegetarian in my family. My brother is my exact opposite, he loves to hunt and eats the deer he kills all year. He even had a pig butchered that was named after him!

Simplex3 12-29-2007 10:56 PM

I could go vegetarian. Not that I am anxious too, and not because I feel bad for the poor, poor animals.

Joie 12-29-2007 11:03 PM

I get asked all the time what I eat if not meat. There's a whole range of food out there that isn't meat. I made spaghetti tonight and didn't add meat. I'm not even sure anyone noticed.

Bugeater 12-29-2007 11:15 PM

Quote:

I get asked all the time what I eat if not meat. There's a whole range of food out there that isn't meat. I made spaghetti tonight and didn't add meat. I'm not even sure anyone noticed.

I would've noticed, but as long as it had some nice hunks of mushrooms and was served with some garlic cheese bread I could probably overlook the fact it didn't have any meat in it. Maybe.

Joie 12-29-2007 11:18 PM

Quote:

I would've noticed, but as long as it had some nice hunks of mushrooms and was served with some garlic cheese bread I could probably overlook the fact it didn't have any meat in it. Maybe.

No mushrooms because Aces and my oldest stepdaughter don't like them. But the sauce was homemade and I made breadsticks from scratch so everyone was happy.

Buehler445 12-29-2007 11:19 PM

Quote:

I couldn't imagine not eating meat. I've even butchered cows before and it didn't bother me one bit. I've heard of people visiting packing houses and not being able to eat beef for a while afterwards, not me, I could pick up a burger on the way home from one.

Although my all-meat Super Bowl party I tried a few years ago didn't go over so well, we eventually had to mix in some bread, potato chips and other stuff. I found out I do have my limits.

I'm with you big man. Maybe it is something about Nebraska:).

That being said, I don't have anything against vegetarians. I view it as just not liking meat. Kinda like I don't like Asparigus. But what I CAN'T stand is when people are like "I don't know how you can eat that its sooooo gross." Or go off about how we are murderers or whatever.

Funk dat. I don't eat the asparigus, but I don't pitch a fit about it.

JMO. Not aimed at anybody here.

Simplex3 12-29-2007 11:20 PM

Quote:

Ha! We had rotini with no meat in the sauce tonight. I had tofu, broccoli and carrot stir fry for lunch. Actually, I think I had a vegetarian day...

Joie 12-29-2007 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Buehler445

That being said, I don't have anything against vegetarians. I view it as just not liking meat. Kinda like I don't like Asparigus. But what I CAN'T stand is when people are like "I don't know how you can eat that its sooooo gross." Or go off about how we are murderers or whatever.

To each his own. I don't eat meat, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. And I like asparagus, but I wouldn't force you to eat it.

Joie 12-29-2007 11:24 PM

Quote:

Ha! We had rotini with no meat in the sauce tonight. I had tofu, broccoli and carrot stir fry for lunch. Actually, I think I had a vegetarian day...

Oddly enough, I hate tofu as much as I dislike meat.

Buehler445 12-29-2007 11:29 PM

Quote:

To each his own. I don't eat meat, but that doesn't mean you shouldn't. And I like asparagus, but I wouldn't force you to eat it.

Good!!! :clap::clap::clap:

Bugeater 12-29-2007 11:35 PM

Quote:

Yeah, the PETA-types are quite annoying, they're almost as bad as bible-thumpers. They came to Omaha a few years ago and protested in front of a grocery store, and one of the TV stations was there interviewing shoppers and most of them were buying meat just to spite them. I don't think they've ever been back, they may as well give up on this state, especially a city that was built on the meatpacking industry.

Joie 12-29-2007 11:39 PM

Quote:

Yeah, the PETA-types are quite annoying, they're almost as bad as bible-thumpers. They came to Omaha a few years ago and protested in front of a grocery store, and one of the TV stations was there interviewing shoppers and most of them were buying meat just to spite them. I don't think they've ever been back, they may as well give up on this state, especially a city that was built on the meatpacking industry.

PETA is a bunch of hypocrites. They gassed a vanload of dogs a year or two ago. One of my friends little sister rescued a cat from a lab when she was 13 and PETA bombarded her with graphic propoganda. They give a bad name to vegetarians.

Buehler445 12-29-2007 11:39 PM

Quote:

ROFL Gotta love it!

Were they the ones that got naked and wrapped themselves in styrofoam packages like a meat package and laid on the streets??

Bugeater 12-29-2007 11:43 PM

Quote:

Oddly enough, I hate tofu as much as I dislike meat.

What's so odd about that? Tofu is just plain disgusting. It doesn't even resemble meat, it's more like a slightly more solid form of mucous.

Joie 12-29-2007 11:45 PM

Quote:

What's so odd about that? Tofu is just plain disgusting. It doesn't even resemble meat, it's more like a slightly more solid form of mucous.

Exactly. I'm not fond of that Boca-burger crap either.

I have found that the best substitute is portobello mushrooms. They can be grilled, they're awesome in fajitas and they provide the right texture.

Bugeater 12-29-2007 11:45 PM

Quote:

ROFL Gotta love it!

Were they the ones that got naked and wrapped themselves in styrofoam packages like a meat package and laid on the streets??

Nah, they were dressed up as carrots and other vegetables and carrying signs that said shit like "Animals are your friends, not food". It was pretty funny.

Buehler445 12-29-2007 11:48 PM

Quote:

Nah, they were dressed up as carrots and other vegetables and carrying signs that said shit like "Animals are your friends, not food". It was pretty funny.

ROFL. Did someone kick the shit out of them?? I can't remember where the naked meat package people happened, but I wish someone would have "accidentially" stepped on them. With cleats. In the face. Twice.

Joie 12-29-2007 11:50 PM

It's been fun guys, but I need to get some sleep.

Be nice when you talk about me after I'm gone :)

Goodnight

Bugeater 12-29-2007 11:51 PM

Quote:

Exactly. I'm not fond of that Boca-burger crap either.

I have found that the best substitute is portobello mushrooms. They can be grilled, they're awesome in fajitas and they provide the right texture.

Yep, that's why I mentioned mushrooms in regards to your meat-less spaghetti, they would be the closest thing to an acceptable substitute for me. There's some restaurants that serve portabello burgers, I've never tried one but I bet they're pretty damn good.

Buehler445 12-29-2007 11:52 PM

Quote:

It's been fun guys, but I need to get some sleep.

Be nice when you talk about me after I'm gone :)

Goodnight

Have a good night.

Bugeater 12-29-2007 11:54 PM

Quote:

ROFL. Did someone kick the shit out of them?? I can't remember where the naked meat package people happened, but I wish someone would have "accidentially" stepped on them. With cleats. In the face. Twice.

I've never heard of them doing that, but I wouldn't put it past them. They do some ****ed up stuff. Most everyone just laughed them off when they were here.

Bugeater 12-29-2007 11:55 PM

OK, now that the goofy vegetarian chick is gone let's post some pics of animals getting slaughtered.

luv 12-30-2007 12:01 AM

Quote:

OK, now that the goofy vegetarian chick is gone let's post some pics of animals getting slaughtered.

Oh please. You'll be crashing before you know it as well.

Bugeater 12-30-2007 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
Oh please. You'll be crashing before you know it as well.

Negatory, I've been off work so much lately my sleep schedule is all fuggered up. I bet I can outlast Mrs. I Have A Day Job Now.

luv 12-30-2007 12:10 AM

Quote:

Negatory, I've been off work so much lately my sleep schedule is all fuggered up. I bet I can outlast Mrs. I Have A Day Job Now.

It's the wekend! Of course, I was in bed at 12:30 last night.

acesn8s 12-30-2007 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
It's the wekend! Of course, I was in bed at 12:30 last night.

With who?

luv 12-30-2007 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s
With who?

The man of my dreams....or should I say the man in my dreams?

acesn8s 12-30-2007 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
The man of my dreams....or should I say the man in my dreams?

At least it was a man. You could have turned into a funny girl if you know what I mean.

Bugeater 12-30-2007 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by acesn8s
With who?

Probably BOB.

luv 12-30-2007 12:31 AM

Quote:

Probably BOB.

Actually, I don't care for BOB much anymore. I've become quite independent.

Bugeater 12-30-2007 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
Actually, I don't care for BOB much anymore. I've become quite independent.

So what you're saying is that you have the situation in hand now?

luv 12-30-2007 12:41 AM

Quote:

So what you're saying is that you have the situation in hand now?

Just like the Yellow Pages.

Bugeater 12-30-2007 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
Just like the Yellow Pages.

http://www.baneclene.com/images/YellowPagesLogo.jpg

SPchief 12-30-2007 12:46 AM

LMAO

crazycoffey 12-30-2007 01:44 AM

Quote:

I honestly don't think I've had a "vegetarian day" ever....

Let's see, Breast Milk = Non Vegetarian
Strained Beef, check. Eggs, yup.
Steak, hamburger, chicken, shrimp, pork chops, bacon, veal...

and that's all just this week!

KcMizzou 12-30-2007 01:48 AM

Quote:

I honestly don't think I've had a "vegetarian day" ever....

You shouldn't. I'm a god damned carnivore. If it weren't for meat and cheese, I don't know that I'd eat at all.

luv 12-30-2007 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KcMizzou
You shouldn't. I'm a god damned carnivore. If it weren't for meat and cheese, I don't know that I'd eat at all.

Potatoes and bread.

crazycoffey 12-30-2007 01:49 AM

Quote:

Well, what about cheese and then meat?

SPchief 12-30-2007 01:50 AM

Quote:

Pussy?

KcMizzou 12-30-2007 01:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
Potatoes and bread.

That too.

luv 12-30-2007 01:51 AM

Quote:

Pussy?

I was going to say pie, but thought that would be tacky coming from me.

KcMizzou 12-30-2007 01:52 AM

Quote:

Pussy?

That too.

KcMizzou 12-30-2007 01:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv

Pfft... why?

SPchief 12-30-2007 01:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv

It would have probably generated more posts than mine

luv 12-30-2007 01:55 AM

Quote:

Pfft... why?

Because I'm a lady.

That's should generate some laughs.

crazycoffey 12-30-2007 01:59 AM

Quote:

Pussy?

still meat

KcMizzou 12-30-2007 02:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by luv
Because I'm a lady.

That's should generate some laughs.

Meh... you've been around long enough to be "one of the guys" now.

(That's a compliment) :)