ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   The Top 101 CP Posters of 2014 Part 2 Presented by SNR (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=285403)

Hammock Parties 01-11-2015 12:24 AM

I know for a fact that I didn't watch every episode growing up. But I became a huge Star Trek fan anyway. Because I caught all the good stuff.

So when I rewatched TNG and DS9 as an adult, I stuck with it and watched every single ****ing episode. Even the ones with the male cast members in skirts.

Because it was my ****ing duty. As a Star Trek nerd.

RealSNR 01-11-2015 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11257607)
I know for a fact that I didn't watch every episode growing up. But I became a huge Star Trek fan anyway. Because I caught all the good stuff.

So when I rewatched TNG and DS9 as an adult, I stuck with it and watched every single ****ing episode. Even the ones with the male cast members in skirts.

Because it was my ****ing duty. As a Star Trek nerd.

You mean the episode where Quark gets into drag?

I had shunted that one from my memory.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2015 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11257609)
You mean the episode where Quark gets into drag?

I had shunted that one from my memory.

No. I'm talking about this crap:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/pEJ0XlX9Kbo/hqdefault.jpg

http://robynpaterson.com/wp-content/...E0ED7C96CC.png

Let's not even get into Skin of Evil. Direckshun probably would die of laughter before he could start the next episode.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IiGPnd9pU5...skinofevil.jpg

RealSNR 01-11-2015 12:37 AM

So when you're trying to get people that you KNOW would be receptive to the themes and messages of Star Trek, but are easily turned off by... well... shit like most of Season 1 of TNG (who isn't?), how do you tell them to watch this, Clay?

I don't dare tell my friends "No! You have to watch all of it! In order! There's no other way!"

That's certainly not how I came about doing it. I just started watching reruns on a local station that came on after 11:00 each night. It happened earlyish in Season 3. I had to look stuff up, but that's what got me into it. Not awful Season 1 TNG.

But then I tell them to start in Season 3, and they're going to be turned off by having to get stuff explained.

Saccopoo 01-11-2015 12:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11257596)
I can't wait to start watching Star Trek and understanding these references.

Don't do it dude. Spare yourself the immersion into dorkery. Don't end up like these geeks:

http://cdn1.denofgeek.us/sites/denof...tar_trek_0.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9M-BzcSZEv...255B1%255D.jpg

Which makes you end up like this:

http://www.geocities.ws/orrydeason/boystate/swirlie.gif

RealSNR 01-11-2015 12:39 AM

For the record, I don't own a single piece of Star Trek memorabilia outside of the complete DS9 set on DVD.

No costumes, action figures, replicas, autographs, toys, or anything like that.

Direckshun 01-11-2015 12:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11257606)
Don't lie to us. You're not going to do that.

I'm not going to do it.

I'd love to, but it's like Dr. Who -- there's just too much material. I'm stuck on the outside looking in. I'm too busy with all my mock drafts. LMAO

I JUST now started watching that show you recommended.

Direckshun 01-11-2015 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11257616)
Don't do it dude. Spare yourself the immersion into dorkery. Don't end up like these geeks:

http://cdn1.denofgeek.us/sites/denof...tar_trek_0.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-9M-BzcSZEv...255B1%255D.jpg

Which makes you end up like this:

http://www.geocities.ws/orrydeason/boystate/swirlie.gif

I would bang all three of the girls in that first pic.

RealSNR 01-11-2015 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11257619)
I'm not going to do it.

I'd love to, but it's like Dr. Who -- there's just too much material. I'm stuck on the outside looking in. I'm too busy with all my mock drafts. LMAO

I JUST now started watching that show you recommended.

Oh cool!

Like I said, I find that Slings and Arrows kind of tricks you into thinking it's funny. It's much more of a drama than it lets on. But it's pretty good. I like it, anyway.

Saccopoo 01-11-2015 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11257621)
I would bang all three of the girls in that first pic.

You ****in' queer.

I wouldn't bang any of them with SNR's dick.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2015 12:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11257614)
So when you're trying to get people that you KNOW would be receptive to the themes and messages of Star Trek, but are easily turned off by... well... shit like most of Season 1 of TNG (who isn't?), how do you tell them to watch this, Clay?

I don't.

I once told a girl I liked Star Trek and she never spoke to me ever again.

RealSNR 01-11-2015 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11257629)
You ****in' queer.

Does a situation exist in your mind where you WOULD bang something with my dick?

Because... gay, dude.

Saccopoo 01-11-2015 01:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11257640)
Does a situation exist in your mind where you WOULD bang something with my dick?

Direckshun maybe.

Quote:

Because... gay, dude.
That's gay?

RealSNR 01-11-2015 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saccopoo (Post 11257642)

That's gay?

A tad bit gay, I think.

Saccopoo 01-11-2015 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11257645)
A tad bit gay, I think.

http://pixel.nymag.com/imgs/daily/vu...pg/a_560x0.jpg

Direckshun 01-11-2015 01:31 AM

Quote:

You ****in' queer.

To be fair, you're an extraordinary human being. The rest of us Regulars gotta make do somehow.

crazycoffey 01-11-2015 01:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 11257516)
Don't be sad. You can arrest all the cool kids and stick them in a cell with Bubba.

This doesn't sound rewarding to me, bubba or the cool kids....

crazycoffey 01-11-2015 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11257634)
I don't.

I once told a girl I liked Star Trek and she never spoke to me ever again.

Good riddance

But what about original TV series? That's what started my Star Trek love; watching Kirk bang green chicks and fight mini godzillas with my step dad. That cheesy series was awesome during its time. TNG and DS9 pailed in comparison. The newest movies rekindled my love for the franchise.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2015 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 11257656)
TNG and DS9 pailed in comparison.

I'm not sure I agree 100% with this statement.

RealSNR 01-11-2015 01:55 AM

To me, it's like saying if the 1969 Chiefs stepped into a time machine to the present and then faced off against the current Chiefs, they'd be better. Just because they are the most important team in franchise history doesn't mean those players compare to the players we have now, or even the coaching for that matter.

Having never experienced the reruns of the original series without the benefit of there being current Star Trek on the air, I don't have that same nostalgia boner that everybody gets from Kirk and Spock. I respect it as ground-breaking sci-fi, and a show that is one of the greatest influences on American popular culture of the 20th century. And I leave it at that. It's still good, and it's still worth watching, but it's not the same stuff. And personally, I don't think it's as communicative or powerful as a vessel for story-telling or provoking thought. But that's not to take away from the extraordinary format and creation that it is. It's just not a comparable thing. New isn't simply better-- it's just new, that's all. But that doesn't lend any credence to the old, either. It's not like we're judging early vs. new Simpsons or anything like that.

RealSNR 01-11-2015 01:59 AM

Also, you can watch William Shatner fight the dude in the Gorn mask, or you can watch...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2lZayNvimSU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

crazycoffey 01-11-2015 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11257657)
I'm not sure I agree 100% with this statement.

If I grew up with TNG and DS9 ID say the same thing. But growing up with the original series, and making the connection with my step dad, and a few friends, it has more importance to me. The next series didn't have the same impact. I'm in no way saying my opinion is the best, it's just the best for me. So, in short, I don't give a **** if you agree with me, ****face!!!!

crazycoffey 01-11-2015 03:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11257662)
Also, you can watch William Shatner fight the dude in the Gorn mask, or you can watch...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/2lZayNvimSU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

You can also watch my nutsack drag across your mother's nose. The real twist is how you can tell she likes it by her pleasurable grin....

RealSNR 01-11-2015 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crazycoffey (Post 11257679)
You can also watch my nutsack drag across your mother's nose. The real twist is how you can tell she likes it by her pleasurable grin....

...no you can't

Sweet Daddy Hate 01-11-2015 08:27 AM

Quote:

You ****in' queer.

No gayer than a proclivity for fat assed linemen from Utah...

BigRedChief 01-11-2015 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11257612)
No. I'm talking about this crap:

http://i.ytimg.com/vi/pEJ0XlX9Kbo/hqdefault.jpg

http://robynpaterson.com/wp-content/...E0ED7C96CC.png

Let's not even get into Skin of Evil. Direckshun probably would die of laughter before he could start the next episode.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-IiGPnd9pU5...skinofevil.jpg

In the first one, is that Harold from the Harold and Kumar movies?

Mr. Flopnuts 01-11-2015 09:53 AM

ROFL

What in the **** is going on in here? It smells like shit, blood, and rape.

loochy 01-11-2015 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11255557)
First Officer 'Hamas' Jenkins

Science Officer Cdcox

Chief Engineer Rain Man

Tactical Officer Bwana

Helm Direckshun

Security Chief Phobia

Crew Chef Fire Me Boy!

Chief Medical Officer SNR

Ensign Hootie

If that's too many delete/combine crew members as you wish.

And work Mav in as a really dumb villain.

Don't forget loochy as Mot the barber (the real lame one, not the cool Picard imitation one)

loochy 01-11-2015 10:27 AM

For the record, I must state that I absolutely love the direction that this thread has taken over thelast couple of days.

K'plah!

loochy 01-11-2015 10:30 AM

The Sign of LaForge told me that this would happen.

It is said that when a Star Trek nerd gets voted #1 but doesn't get roasted, it is a sign that the thread will change direction to Star Trek talk.

RealSNR 01-11-2015 01:34 PM

I enjoy loochy's Sign of LaForge posts. I hope he keeps them going, or else the Picard might become angry with us all.

Mav 01-11-2015 05:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11255557)
First Officer 'Hamas' Jenkins

Science Officer Cdcox

Chief Engineer Rain Man

Tactical Officer Bwana

Helm Direckshun

Security Chief Phobia

Crew Chef Fire Me Boy!

Chief Medical Officer SNR

Ensign Hootie

If that's too many delete/combine crew members as you wish.

And work Mav in as a really dumb villain.

I just saw this lol.

loochy 01-11-2015 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11258707)
I enjoy loochy's Sign of LaForge posts. I hope he keeps them going, or else the Picard might become angry with us all.

Beware. The Sign of LaSmith was also spotted recently.

It is said that when an ex 49ers QB comes to KC, it is a sign that the season will end in disappointment.

http://i.imgur.com/Q1MJc2c.jpg

RealSNR 01-11-2015 10:21 PM

Alex and Harbaugh in San Francisco.

Kaepernick in San Francisco.

Alex on the Chiefs.

Shaka when the walls fell.

loochy 01-11-2015 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11262921)
Alex and Harbaugh in San Francisco.

Kaepernick in San Francisco.

Alex on the Chiefs.

Shaka when the walls fell.

When Alex united the people and gave them the laws of honor, he saw that his work was done. So one night he gathered his belongings and went to the edge of the city to say good-bye. The people wept, they did not want him to go. And Alex said, "You are Klingons. You need no one but yourselves. I will go now, to Sto-Vo-Kor. But I promise one day I will return." Then Alex pointed to a star in the sky and said, "Look for me there, on that point of light."

RealSNR 01-11-2015 11:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by loochy (Post 11262931)
When Alex united the people and gave them the laws of honor, he saw that his work was done. So one night he gathered his belongings and went to the edge of the city to say good-bye. The people wept, they did not want him to go. And Alex said, "You are Klingons. You need no one but yourselves. I will go now, to Sto-Vo-Kor. But I promise one day I will return." Then Alex pointed to a star in the sky and said, "Look for me there, on that point of light."

Arrowhead Stadium, its seats unpurchased!

RealSNR 01-11-2015 11:22 PM

By the way, for those who are reading this and don't know what the hell is going on, this exchange between loochy and I is really ****ing funny.

TimBone 01-11-2015 11:26 PM

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/15...570fc7ad20.jpg

You guys are pillowbiters!

RealSNR 01-11-2015 11:36 PM

TimBone's roast unwritten.

Direckshun 01-11-2015 11:46 PM

So the question becomes: would Claythan have traded his lofty ranking for an actual roast?

TimBone 01-11-2015 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11263064)
TimBone's roast unwritten.

lol
Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11263075)
So the question becomes: would Claythan have traded his lofty ranking for an actual roast?

Nope. He's relishing being acknowledged as the boards #1 poster.

Direckshun 01-11-2015 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TimBone (Post 11263078)
Nope. He's relishing being acknowledged as the boards #1 poster.

Acknowledged by SNR.

That's like winning a Spike Men's TV Award.

Hammock Parties 01-11-2015 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11263075)

SNR is my Par'Mach'Kai.

He will deliver the epic Star Trek roast-play in due time.

RealSNR 01-11-2015 11:57 PM

Clay: "Mr. SNR, what's the status on my Star Trek roast?"

SNR: "It's pretty bad here. The semester is about ramp up, and we're probably going to have to ditch my old incomplete draft through the wastebasket relays. I'll need to replicate a new plot premise and initiate new character interaction sequences. Once that's all complete, we'll need to run it through the writing installation process. I'd say it will take a little under two months."

Clay: "You have 12 hours, Mr. SNR."

SNR: "...aye sir."

Hammock Parties 01-11-2015 11:59 PM

A chimpanzee and two trainees could write this roast.

RealSNR 01-12-2015 12:07 AM

Shut up! As in, "close your mouth and stop talking!"

Hammock Parties 01-12-2015 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11263099)
Shut up! As in, "close your mouth and stop talking!"

If you were any other man I would KILL YOU where you stand.

crazycoffey 01-12-2015 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11263115)

How? The power of greyskull isn't strong enough to make your Heman action figure the agent of your dissent.

loochy 01-12-2015 06:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11263115)

Let's make sure that history never forgets the name...GoChiefs (or claythan, or pam olivers forehead, or numbah one, or whatever other alias you've used)

loochy 01-12-2015 06:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Numbah One (Post 11263091)
A chimpanzee and two trainees could write this roast.

No roast will happen. This thread is over.

Goodbye, SNR. I'm gonna miss you... you had such potential. But then again, all good things must come to an end...

Direckshun 01-12-2015 06:46 AM

Decades of nerddom finally coming into use.

Baby Lee 01-12-2015 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11263042)
By the way, for those who are reading this and don't know what the hell is going on, this exchange between loochy and I is really ****ing funny.

My pussy is sopping.

rico 01-12-2015 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SNR (Post 11263042)

I figured it probably was. I mean, I don't get it, but I know that you and loochy are both funny...so I figured.

rico 01-12-2015 10:32 AM

It is really funny/crazy which types of people Star Trek appeals to. My dad and his two twin brothers who are a year older than him are huge Star Trek fans... and they are some of the biggest jocks I've ever known. My dad is the longtime head youth coach and head assistant HS coach for our successful wrestling team...he was a state qualifier in high school and a standout baseball player. He has also coached football and baseball. He is a blue collar guy...the day foreman at the wallboard making plant that I now work at (we have our own mine and everything that will keep us in business for centuries). He has a reputation in town for being an intense coach and just being an intense, hard ass type of guy... One of the twins is the head assistant coach at a rival school. Has been since '83. He is also the longtime JH baseball/football coach at that school. He was a state qualifier in wrestling, all state in baseball and decent at football. He is now a preacher at a Christian church. My other uncle was the most athletic of the 3...top 8 in the state in wrestling, an all state baseball player, a standout football player... about 10 years ago, he moved 7 hours Southwest of where we are from to Joplin, MO of all places... he is a computer programmer of some sort. (Man does he hate the Chiefs now...he is a Bears fan who never met Chiefs fans, other than my brothers and I until he moved there and that's all he hears about...he hates not being able to talk Bears with people. Ha...ha!)

At our family holiday gatherings, our conversations primarily consist of wrestling and the St. Louis Cardinals. However there are 3 prominent secondary topics that come up part of the time... The Bears (ugh...I've tried sidetracking that with the Chiefs and have done well...I turned my 3 younger brothers and 2-3 younger cousins into Chiefs fans...Ha...ha!), John Wayne movies and (drumroll).....STAR TREK!!! Those 3 guys, and one of my brothers can spend all night talking about Star Trek, TNG , DS9, etc. They freaking love all of it.

Personally, I am freaking lost when it comes to Star Trek and John Wayne movies. My dad tried shoving both down my throat growing up...I found Westerns to be too boring and I just never caught on to Star Trek...and I was forced to watch the original, TNG, DS9...my dad even took me to every one of the new movies that came out at the theater. I have a general understanding of it, but all in all...I never caught the fever like they did. The shit does seem to appeal to jocks. From my limited observations, anyways.

TimBone 01-12-2015 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 11263437)
It is really funny/crazy which types of people Star Trek appeals to. My dad and his two twin brothers who are a year older than him are huge Star Trek fans... and they are some of the biggest jocks I've ever known. My dad is the longtime head youth coach and head assistant HS coach for our successful wrestling team...he was a state qualifier in high school and a standout baseball player. He has also coached football and baseball. He is a blue collar guy...the day foreman at the wallboard making plant that I now work at (we have our own mine and everything that will keep us in business for centuries). He has a reputation in town for being an intense coach and just being an intense, hard ass type of guy... One of the twins is the head assistant coach at a rival school. Has been since '83. He is also the longtime JH baseball/football coach at that school. He was a state qualifier in wrestling, all state in baseball and decent at football. He is now a preacher at a Christian church. My other uncle was the most athletic of the 3...top 8 in the state in wrestling, an all state baseball player, a standout football player... about 10 years ago, he moved 7 hours Southwest of where we are from to Joplin, MO of all places... he is a computer programmer of some sort. (Man does he hate the Chiefs now...he is a Bears fan who never met Chiefs fans, other than my brothers and I until he moved there and that's all he hears about...he hates not being able to talk Bears with people. Ha...ha!)

At our family holiday gatherings, our conversations primarily consist of wrestling and the St. Louis Cardinals. However there are 3 prominent secondary topics that come up part of the time... The Bears (ugh...I've tried sidetracking that with the Chiefs and have done well...I turned my 3 younger brothers and 2-3 younger cousins into Chiefs fans...Ha...ha!), John Wayne movies and (drumroll).....STAR TREK!!! Those 3 guys, and one of my brothers can spend all night talking about Star Trek, TNG , DS9, etc. They freaking love all of it.

Personally, I am freaking lost when it comes to Star Trek and John Wayne movies. My dad tried shoving both down my throat growing up...I found Westerns to be too boring and I just never caught on to Star Trek...and I was forced to watch the original, TNG, DS9...my dad even took me to every one of the new movies that came out at the theater. I have a general understanding of it, but all in all...I never caught the fever like they did. The shit does seem to appeal to jocks. From my limited observations, anyways.

There's a Rico post. Proud of you, bud.

RealSNR 01-12-2015 12:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 11263202)
Decades of nerddom finally coming into use.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/up...zacat-meme.jpg

Dartgod 01-12-2015 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 11263437)

rp;dr*

*Rico post; didn't read

rico 01-12-2015 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 11263770)
rp;dr*

*Rico post; didn't read

You....JERK!!! I'm gonna find a way to get back at you for that comment!!! Lemme think..... TRIVIA CRACK!!! I'm gonna get you back by beating your buns in some Trivia Crack!!!! Mua-hahahahaha!!!!!!! ;)

Dartgod 01-12-2015 02:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 11263905)
You....JERK!!! I'm gonna find a way to get back at you for that comment!!! Lemme think..... TRIVIA CRACK!!! I'm gonna get you back by beating your buns in some Trivia Crack!!!! Mua-hahahahaha!!!!!!! ;)

Bring it on!

rico 01-12-2015 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 11263911)
Bring it on!

Haha, give me a few seconds! I'll make you wanna go to crack-head rehab, biatch!!!!!!!

cosmo20002 04-26-2015 11:59 PM

I just wanted to mention that the OP is not updated.

BigRedChief 04-27-2015 01:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11461181)

I can move the threads but I never edit anyone's posts.

Pasta Little Brioni 04-28-2015 09:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cosmo20002 (Post 11461181)

Duh. That way he's not officially Numbah One :)

BigRedChief 04-28-2015 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball (Post 11465144)
Duh. That way he's not officially Numbah One :)

I've been waiting for the update before the move to the Hall of Classics. So this is it? It's ready to go to its new home?

Mr. Flopnuts 04-17-2016 09:53 PM

I just reread SNR's golden write up for me and my penis tingled with delight. What a great ****ing time this was.

Anyong Bluth 04-17-2016 10:09 PM

Clearly, we need a new list. Ahem.

Pasta Little Brioni 08-01-2016 07:57 AM

Greatest thread series of all time

Hammock Parties 10-22-2017 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 11248592)
Okay, I won't keep you all in suspense. Clay's roast was going to be a complete Star Trek episode script starring Captain W. (name withheld), in which he gets visited by Q and put on trial for being a giant asshole.

I got to the end of the opening scene and was like, "**** this." It took waay too much time just writing as much as I did, and I had so ****ing far to go.

I figure I owe everybody at least the work I had completed, so here it is. The Clay roast that isn't going to happen because ain't nobody got time for that.

Finish this ****ing shit, SNR.