ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Report: Chiefs and OBJ have "mutual interest" (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352770)

ChiefBlueCFC 03-18-2024 09:58 AM

Me and a $50,000 loan have mutual interest, but it’s probably for the best that I avoid it

ToxSocks 03-18-2024 10:06 AM

Yeah the Michael Thomas thing is weird. A WR that's had foot issues for years now and was really never that special to begin with?

And this year is suppose to be different or something?

Yes to OBJ. No to Thomas.

RaidersOftheCellar 03-18-2024 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hoover (Post 17448408)
WE ARE NOT DRAFTING A WR IN THE FIRST ROUND

Our current LT is Wanya Morris. Yikes!

How do we know they're not bringing Smith back?

They certainly seem to be talking to a lot of receivers with first round grades.

Gravedigger 03-18-2024 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17448478)
Michael Thomas has had ankle/foot injuries for years now and then suffered a knee injury last year. The guy is pretty much cooked. Hard pass.

He's got alot of Eric Berry spirit vibes going on.

LagunaSWana 03-18-2024 10:22 AM

OBJ can catch better with one hand than KT can with two. Sign this POS.

OnTheWarpath15 03-18-2024 10:25 AM

Not really interested in him taking snaps from a rookie who needs to be ready to roll next year when Hollywood is gone.

ToxSocks 03-18-2024 10:26 AM

I wanted OBJ last season. He has plenty of juice left in the tank. I'd take him this year too but i seriously doubt the Chiefs would pay up for him.

ToxSocks 03-18-2024 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 17448513)
Not really interested in him taking snaps from a rookie who needs to be ready to roll next year when Hollywood is gone.

Yeah that's the other part of it. It'd probably mean we dont draft a WR until round 3+

Pepe Silvia 03-18-2024 10:28 AM

Do not want.

Gravedigger 03-18-2024 10:28 AM

A veteran to help coach up a shaky WR room at best, I would be okay with it for the right price. Try to trade up to get Brian Thomas Jr. and let those two LSU bros make each other better imo.

LagunaSWana 03-18-2024 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois (Post 17447908)
I am too old to understand the hip lingo these youngsters use these days, but I believe he was saying that he enjoyed his time in Baltimore, and wished they could have had more success together. He loved the city and his teammates and he will always look fondly upon his time together with them.

Shiiit! (Golly)

ToxSocks 03-18-2024 10:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gravedigger (Post 17448521)
A veteran to help coach up a shaky WR room at best, I would be okay with it for the right price. Try to trade up to get Brian Thomas Jr. and let those two LSU bros make each other better imo.

Not a chance in hell. If they sign an OBJ it pretty much locks LT in as the pick in rnd 1.

Mecca 03-18-2024 10:30 AM

In reality we do need a consistent veteran in the WR room, not sure it's Beckham though.

Gravedigger 03-18-2024 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17448526)
Not a chance in hell. If they sign an OBJ it pretty much locks LT in as the pick in rnd 1.

Many more WR's available than LTs.

Rice
Brown
Beckham Jr.
Justin Watson
Kadarius Toney
Skky Moore

Throwing numbers at WR and resigning Donovan Smith to another 1 year deal seems the play. You're not getting Alt, Latham, Fuaga, or probably even Fashanu, you'd be looking at Mims, Guyton or Barton at best, so if Reid thinks they're worthy then I'm okay with it.

The Franchise 03-18-2024 10:34 AM

OBJ and Toney in the same locker room? No thanks.

Mecca 03-18-2024 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17448531)

Toney basically is at "has to make the team" status. He may make it because he's the best punt returner we have and that's all he does but at this point if he makes the team he's WR 6.

ToxSocks 03-18-2024 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17448527)
In reality we do need a consistent veteran in the WR room, not sure it's Beckham though.

Brown, Watson. Rice in his 2nd year, Moore in his 3rd. I doubt the Chiefs view it as a concern.

Mecca 03-18-2024 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17448534)
Brown, Watson. Rice in his 2nd year, Moore in his 3rd. I doubt the Chiefs view it as a concern.

Watson is not a consistent veteran, people really gotta stop putting him there, he's a WR 5/6. He's a solid depth piece because he can offer the ability to take some snaps.

Brown is closer to being a consistent vet but it'd be nice to have another since 3 WR's play all the time.

ToxSocks 03-18-2024 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17448531)

Too much bling?

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="22504470" data-share-method="host" data-aspect-ratio="1" data-width="30%"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/look-at-my-neckless-gucci-mane-whole-lotta-ice-ice-bling-bling-gif-22504470">Look At My Neckless Gucci Mane GIF</a>from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/look+at+my+neckless-gifs">Look At My Neckless GIFs</a></div> <script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

BIG_DADDY 03-18-2024 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ModSocks (Post 17448526)

Which I am totally fine with. OBJ is all about the $$$$ though. I don't think it will get done.

ToxSocks 03-18-2024 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17448537)
Watson is not a consistent veteran, people really gotta stop putting him there, he's a WR 5/6. He's a solid depth piece because he can offer the ability to take some snaps.

Brown is closer to being a consistent vet but it'd be nice to have another since 3 WR's play all the time.

Has nothing to do with where "we" put him. It's where the Chiefs put him. They obviously value him as they've been quoted.

BigBeauford 03-18-2024 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 17448537)

Watson seems to always have a really big chain moving, crucial catch every .8 games. Happy to have him as our 4th.

Titty Meat 03-18-2024 10:51 AM

Me and Franchise got mutual interest if you peep our DM's

ToxSocks 03-18-2024 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17448567)
Me and Franchise got mutual interest if you peep our DM's

He's playin' you. Check his phone.

chiefzilla1501 03-18-2024 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17448564)
Watson seems to always have a really big chain moving, crucial catch every .8 games. Happy to have him as our 4th.

I think hes great depth but for different reasons. he's a real interesting target for an occasional aggressive play. I don't think he's a chain mover though. That is the kind of guy we are missing and why I would rather thomas or Williams if we're chancing an injury prone guy. I would love some kind of guy who can clobber man coverage and be reliable as hell. With the weapons we have there is always going to be an easy checkdown for a wr who knows what he's doing and can catch anything. And to me Watson and obj aren't that guy. While hes come up with some big plays he also makes small mistakes on plays he should be connecting on. Its kind of boom bust.

chiefzilla1501 03-18-2024 11:02 AM

We shoehorned Watson into a possession role because he was the only guy who could really do it. The philly game showed the flaws in trying to make him our chain mover. Eagles were jumping up and down daring us to throw to him. And while he made some nice plays he also left way too many easier ones on the table.

BigBeauford 03-18-2024 11:36 AM

I dont think he's a "chain-mover" per say, but he always seems to be the guy pulling in a tough 15 yard pass on 3rd and 13 that's contested and barely getting his feet in when the Chiefs desperately need to convert.

chiefzilla1501 03-18-2024 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigBeauford (Post 17448653)
I dont think he's a "chain-mover" per say, but he always seems to be the guy pulling in a tough 15 yard pass on 3rd and 13 that's contested and barely getting his feet in when the Chiefs desperately need to convert.

Yeah I love him as an option when you want to take an aggresive shot here and there. 3rd and long or on early downs when you need a big play. If he's only that guy he's a decent option

Pasta Little Brioni 03-18-2024 11:54 AM

Do you really think he's the type to take a "discount"?

Wisconsin_Chief 03-18-2024 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pasta Little Brioni (Post 17448686)
Do you really think he's the type to take a "discount"?

I don't think anyone is banging down his door with offers, and he's desperate to remain relevant. I haven't heard jack shit about him even taking a single visit or any team mentioned before now. A guy on the wrong side of 30 who had 35 catches last year as the 3rd option on a running team isn't exactly in a spot to be demanding anything huge.

We are the Hollywood of the NFL and after playing with Jackson, dude is probably dying to play with an actual QB again. I can assure you the interest stems from him reaching out to us, which automatically puts us in the driver's seat if there is actually anything to this. OBJ needs the Chiefs way more than the Chiefs need him.

MVChiefFan 03-18-2024 12:35 PM

I’m sorry, but in my opinion, Watson is the Daniel Sorensen of receivers. Occasionally comes up with a huge play, but for the most part he just isn’t very good.

Rausch 03-18-2024 04:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 17448770)
I’m sorry, but in my opinion, Watson is the Daniel Sorensen of receivers. Occasionally comes up with a huge play, but for the most part he just isn’t very good.

I'd give him more credit that that.

I think Watson is a very solid no 4 WR. He's a good depth guy. The problem is when our coaching staff decides to start depth guys...

MVChiefFan 03-18-2024 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 17449208)
I'd give him more credit that that.

I think Watson is a very solid no 4 WR. He's a good depth guy. The problem is when our coaching staff decides to start depth guys...

I guess that’s my point. Even Sorensen would have been okay depth and special teams wise. But, if either one of those guys see the field too much, it means we’re struggling at that position.

ThyKingdomCome15 03-18-2024 05:41 PM

Quote:

He's a solid WR3. Last year he was pressed into WR1 duty as Skyy and Toney tumbled all the way to IR. That's not on him. We all know who he is and he's certainly not bad or overpaid.

MahomesMagic 03-18-2024 05:44 PM

Quote:

He’s overrated around here because the bar is so low for the WRs.

When they tried to give him more than a few targets a game he was awful.

Bowser 03-18-2024 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17448283)
I'm not excited about it unless I hear it is at or under Hollywood's offer. 5m up to 7m with incentives would be about the max I'd want to see for him at this stage.

I was going to say whatever Toney's cap hit is, offer him that and cut Toney. The bad news is OBJ ain't playing anywhere for 2.5 mil and change, and it would go all the way against our cap to cut Toney this year. Next year, Toney has a 14.4 mil cap number if we keep him, but nothing to release him (5th year option and all, I'm assuming).

Long story short - Toney is too cheap to cut to make room for OBJ, that will expect at least three times what Toney is going to cost us, not to mention eating the 2.5 mil to sign a guy to a 7-9 million dollar contract.

OBJ ain't coming here, and Toney ain't getting cut. Unfortunately.

Pinchshot 03-18-2024 05:52 PM

Please no.

Chiefshrink 03-18-2024 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4th and Long (Post 17448003)
Watson had a higher yards per catch than OBJ last year (17 vs 16.5) and just as many TDs (3).

Watson had Pat and OBJ had Lamar. OBJ would have had much higher numbers if he had Pat as his QB JUST for the sake he can actually consistently catch the ball.;)

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-18-2024 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefshrink (Post 17449292)
Watson had Pat and OBJ had Lamar. OBJ would have had much higher numbers if he had Pat as his QB JUST for the sake he can actually consistently catch the ball.;)

someone post OBJs separation stats on here, they were God awful. Not saying I'm against it on a skinny deal, but I don't think OBJ wants skinny, he already has a ring.

Kiimo 03-18-2024 06:25 PM

OBJ stands for Omelets Bacon and Juice.

Because just like breakfast, he's cooked.

Rainbarrel 03-18-2024 06:27 PM

He'll get open like Brooke Pryor's cotton candy teddy

nbkc fan 03-18-2024 06:53 PM

Is no one is focused on the Kardashian curse? They ruin anything they touch. Not sure why you would want her anywhere near the Chefs.

IowaHawkeyeChief 03-18-2024 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbarrel (Post 17449304)
He'll get open like Brooke Pryor's cotton candy teddy

I just threw up a little in my mouth...

FlaChief58 03-18-2024 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nbkc fan (Post 17449333)
Is no one is focused on the Kardashian curse? They ruin anything they touch. Not sure why you would want her anywhere near the Chefs.

What's a "Kardashian"?

Bob Dole 03-19-2024 05:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 17449268)
I was going to say whatever Toney's cap hit is, offer him that and cut Toney. The bad news is OBJ ain't playing anywhere for 2.5 mil and change, and it would go all the way against our cap to cut Toney this year. Next year, Toney has a 14.4 mil cap number if we keep him, but nothing to release him (5th year option and all, I'm assuming).

Long story short - Toney is too cheap to cut to make room for OBJ, that will expect at least three times what Toney is going to cost us, not to mention eating the 2.5 mil to sign a guy to a 7-9 million dollar contract.

OBJ ain't coming here, and Toney ain't getting cut. Unfortunately.

I just hope Toney can get his head right, because he’s a weapon if he does.

RINGLEADER 03-19-2024 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 17449519)

Not sure what the problem with Toney is/was (besides the obvious drops). They never seemed to send him downfield. His most productive game as a Chief playing WR seemed to be his first. Maybe he just couldn’t get the playbook or maybe he just isn’t that good.

nychief 03-19-2024 07:10 AM

Toney was injured from the first moment of training camp with the meniscus tear and surgery...didn't practice and played that first game and couldn't catch a cold.... all down hill from there.

I still think there is still a chance of him being somewhat productive....but he's injury prone, his fast twitch moves and violent running style just cause injuries at this level and makes him inconsistent.

Chris Meck 03-19-2024 07:21 AM

I don't want this selfish ****ing dude on my team.

Gravedigger 03-19-2024 07:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kiimo (Post 17449300)
OBJ stands for Omelets Bacon and Juice.

Because just like breakfast, he's cooked.

You cook juice?

In58men 03-19-2024 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17449550)
I don't want this selfish ****ing dude on my team.

Andy Reid would put him in check.

Strongside 03-19-2024 07:33 AM

I don’t want Kim Kardashian anywhere near KC.

In58men 03-19-2024 07:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 17449559)

What did he do exactly?

scho63 03-19-2024 07:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Dole (Post 17449519)

Broke dick players always disappoint. :doh!:

Bob Dole 03-19-2024 07:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scho63 (Post 17449565)
Broke dick players always disappoint. :doh!:

He’s a kid, and played a significant role in a SB win. I’ll reserve judgement and let training camp and the coaching staff decide his fate.

Pinchshot 03-19-2024 07:58 AM

Quote:

This. Can you imagine both her and Taylor Swift in opposing sky boxes? We'd never see any action on the field.

arrowheadnation 03-19-2024 08:06 AM

Quote:

THIS! I’m telling you we don’t f’ing need all of the damn gossip mags and paparazzi from all over the world setting up outposts in Kansas City drumming up drama between her and Swift while we’re trying to go for 3 in a row.

For those that don’t know (and someone might need to clarify), Taylor Swift absolutely despises Kim K. It stems from a phone call her and Kanye made to Taylor so Kanye could ask her if she was ok with a somewhat naughty lyric about her that he wanted to include in a song (she (Taylor) owes me sex), to which Taylor agreed. Fast forward to the actual release and the line was totally different (I made that b!tch famous) and Taylor got pissed. Then it turned out that Kim had been recording the phone call and they released an edited version showing Taylor agreeing to the new lyric and she faced a shitstorm of finger pointing from people calling her a liar until the truth inevitably came out.

So no, we do not need nor want a Kardashian in KC.

srvy 03-19-2024 08:08 AM

Quote:

This fat ass trend hasn't ended?

kysirsoze 03-19-2024 08:46 AM

Look, I don't personally want OBJ at this point, but anyone that thinks Kim Kardashian is going to distract from a threepeat clearly wasn't paying attention last season. There's going to be a ton of noise either way. The team is gonna just have to focus on football and they showed last year they can do that.

And if Veach and Andy disagree with me and want OBJ here, I'd welcome him with open arms.

loochy 03-19-2024 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 17449573)
THIS! I’m telling you we don’t f’ing need all of the damn gossip mags and paparazzi from all over the world setting up outposts in Kansas City drumming up drama between her and Swift while we’re trying to go for 3 in a row.

For those that don’t know (and someone might need to clarify), Taylor Swift absolutely despises Kim K. It stems from a phone call her and Kanye made to Taylor so Kanye could ask her if she was ok with a somewhat naughty lyric about her that he wanted to include in a song (she (Taylor) owes me sex), to which Taylor agreed. Fast forward to the actual release and the line was totally different (I made that b!tch famous) and Taylor got pissed. Then it turned out that Kim had been recording the phone call and they released an edited version showing Taylor agreeing to the new lyric and she faced a shitstorm of finger pointing from people calling her a liar until the truth inevitably came out.

So no, we do not need nor want a Kardashian in KC.

https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/fqgAA...6XG/s-l400.jpg

The Franchise 03-19-2024 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 17449574)
This fat ass trend hasn't ended?

Not everyone likes a meth head, grandpa.

Strongside 03-19-2024 09:25 AM

My not wanting Kim Kardashian in Kansas City has nothing to do with the Chiefs.

I just think she's a walking piece of excrement who is largely responsible for body positivity / insecurity issues for an entire generation of women. She is fake as ****, will breed with any athlete with a swinging dick and money, and is literally only famous because she made a sex tape.

She is a piece of shit.

A city full of good that is on a roll and headed in a very positive direction does not need a metaphorical train derailment by the likes of KK.

staylor26 03-19-2024 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17449649)

To be fair, the BBL trend is absolutely ****ing terrible.

Diaper booties are not nice like natural fat asses.

The Franchise 03-19-2024 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17449663)
To be fair, the BBL trend is absolutely ****ing terrible.

Diaper booties are not nice like natural fat asses.

I agree but he just commented about fat asses.

FlaChief58 03-19-2024 01:19 PM

Quote:

Not everyone likes ridiculously large fake asses either...

KCJake 03-19-2024 01:27 PM

Well this thread took a turn ..

staylor26 03-19-2024 01:30 PM

There's absolutely nothing like a natural round ass.

I think I'd rather have no ass than a BBL though.

Honestly, not even really a fan of fake tits, but they're ok.

KC_Lee 03-19-2024 01:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCJake (Post 17450012)
Well this thread took a turn ..

Right into the shitter...
Went down in the dumps I tell ya'...

pugsnotdrugs19 03-19-2024 01:47 PM

Hadn't checked thread in a few days....

Of course we ended up here

FloridaMan88 03-19-2024 03:39 PM

This thread lacks the juice of last offseason's DHop Watch thread.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 03-19-2024 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17450018)
There's absolutely nothing like a natural round ass.

I think I'd rather have no ass than a BBL though.

Honestly, not even really a fan of fake tits, but they're ok.

Damn, me and Staylor think a like!

Gary Cooper 03-19-2024 04:37 PM

Did Kim Kardashian even attend games in Baltimore? I don't remember seeing her shown in the press box much.

srvy 03-19-2024 07:08 PM

Quote:

Oh to be young and stupid with a fattie. No wonder you're so angry.

srvy 03-19-2024 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 17449688)
I agree but he just commented about fat asses.

Cry more little boy:deevee:

I think Fran is a good name for you. You post like a Fran.

ThaVirus 03-19-2024 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 17449653)

I just think she's a walking piece of excrement who is largely responsible for body positivity / insecurity issues for an entire generation of women. She is fake as ****, will breed with any athlete with a swinging dick and money, and is literally only famous because she made a sex tape.

She is a piece of shit.

A city full of good that is on a roll and headed in a very positive direction does not need a metaphorical train derailment by the likes of KK.

Why are we blaming her for popularizing BBLs? Bo Jackson and Arnold Schwarzenegger didn’t make me feel the need to run out to Dr Miami and get some fake abs. If girls are insecure and weak enough to be influenced like that then that’s 100% on them.

And she’s got zero kids by athletes, FYI.

Delano 03-19-2024 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 17450595)
Cry more little boy:deevee:

Interesting that you would use the phrase ‘little boy’ in a conversation about your preference for ass. I’ll chalk that up to a Freudian slip.

srvy 03-19-2024 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 17450623)
Interesting that you would use the phrase ‘little boy’ in a conversation about your preference for ass. I’ll chalk that up to a Freudian slip.

Shut up dog nut face no one asked your opinion.

PM Fran he is hurting. maybe he will let you caress his balls.

No one elected you as this site's white knight.

srvy 03-19-2024 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Delano (Post 17450623)

My post
Originally Posted by srvy View Post
Cry more little boy

Where do you get boy butts? Who is thinking what here?

Chiefshrink 03-19-2024 08:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strongside (Post 17449653)

She is a piece of shit.

OK tell me how you really feel.

Chris Meck 03-19-2024 08:26 PM

Well, this got weird.

Rainbarrel 03-19-2024 08:37 PM

OBJ can sign with Buffalo for a day. Then join other recent players and spread out across America. Helping OJ search for the killer(s). Bills Forever!