ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=350686)

KC_Connection 10-31-2023 01:54 AM

3 Jayhawks on the 76ers now with Marcus Morris moving over to Philly.

dirk digler 10-31-2023 06:51 AM

Not really surprised but teams are stupid to still value Harden. He is no where close to what he was a few years ago.

BWillie 10-31-2023 08:55 AM

Chet Holmgren..........15.0 ppg....6.3 rpg....2.8 bpg...61% FG...63% 3FG on 4 attempts a game..2.0 apg
Victor Wembayama...15.7 ppg...7.3 rpg....1.7 bpg....44% FG..23% 3FG on 4.3 attempts a game..1.7 apg

Chet knows how to play basketball and he's always...always been efficient at it. Wemby hasn't shown he is efficient yet. He wasn't in euroleague either. He looks the part, walks the part, but I think he will struggle with efficiency. With that said Pop is a absolute perfect coach to coach out some of those tendencies.

DJ's left nut 10-31-2023 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17200729)
Not really surprised but teams are stupid to still value Harden. He is no where close to what he was a few years ago.

He's about 2 years behind Westbrook but otherwise on the same track. And teams kept trading for Westbrook and regretting it.

Like Westbrook, the only way for a Harden acquisition to be successful is for Harden to fundamentally alter how he plays and accept a more limited role. Westbrook wouldn't do it until he was essentially buried on the bench. Now he's...viable. I wouldn't say he's much of an asset, but he's no longer the liability for the Clippers he was for the Lakers.

Can/will Harden do the same? I doubt it. Not based on his behavior the last couple of years. But we'll see.

Miles 10-31-2023 10:02 AM

You’d think Harden should logically be on his best behavior to position himself for a last payday but nothing about him in the past few years has suggested he will be.

smithandrew051 10-31-2023 11:25 PM

Insane finish between the Spurs and Suns

smithandrew051 11-01-2023 10:36 PM

LeBron with 32-8-6 and about 4 minutes to play against the Clippers.

Crazy to think he’s 83 years old.

He absolutely deserved ROY when he beat out Oscar Robertson for it.

KC_Connection 11-01-2023 10:51 PM

Refs bailing out the Clippers here on one of the softest end-game fouls I've ever seen.

KC_Connection 11-01-2023 10:54 PM

Kawhi doubles LeBron knowing the rest of these guys won't get it done in the clutch. And sure enough, Russell bricks a wide open three to send it to OT.

KC_Connection 11-01-2023 11:11 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What LeBron is doing right now is just without precedent in sports history. Just impossible to still be this athletic, this productive &amp; this good at this stage. Just impossible.</p>&mdash; nick wright (@getnickwright) <a href="https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1719943400080678953?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 2, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

35-11-7 on 13/19 shooting to get it done. The GOAT.

PAChiefsGuy 11-01-2023 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17203582)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">What LeBron is doing right now is just without precedent in sports history. Just impossible to still be this athletic, this productive &amp; this good at this stage. Just impossible.</p>&mdash; nick wright (@getnickwright) <a href="https://twitter.com/getnickwright/status/1719943400080678953?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 2, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

35-11-7 on 13/19 shooting to get it done. The GOAT.

This thread is going to get ruined again by KC_Connection flooding it with LeBron posts.

Dude claims to be a Raptors fan yet all he wants to post about is LeBron. ****ing weirdo

KC_Connection 11-02-2023 05:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy (Post 17203594)
This thread is going to get ruined again by KC_Connection flooding it with LeBron posts.

You should probably tell LeBron to stop having ridiculously good and unprecedented games for someone his age then that result in Lakers wins. Fortunately for all of us, though, it looks like we get to witness greatness for at least a little while longer.

Quote:

Dude claims to be a Raptors fan yet all he wants to post about is LeBron. ****ing weirdo
A STH who only “claims” to be a Raptors fan, eh? What do you want to know about that directionless franchise right now?

dirk digler 11-02-2023 06:10 AM

Didn't get to watch the game but woke up to this. This win never happens last year and maybe they have 1 more run in them. I know the haters will love that :D

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">THE ENDING TO WARRIORS-KINGS ��<br><br>- Steph floater to go up by 1 with 0:32 left<br>- Sabonis jumper reclaims the lead at 14.5<br>- Klay calls GAME with 0.2 on the clock<br><br>WOW. <a href="https://t.co/ZtJYrFsoJt">pic.twitter.com/ZtJYrFsoJt</a></p>&mdash; NBA (@NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1719935006112416217?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 2, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KC_Connection 11-02-2023 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17203635)
Didn't get to watch the game but woke up to this. This win never happens last year and maybe they have 1 more run in them. I know the haters will love that :D

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">THE ENDING TO WARRIORS-KINGS ��<br><br>- Steph floater to go up by 1 with 0:32 left<br>- Sabonis jumper reclaims the lead at 14.5<br>- Klay calls GAME with 0.2 on the clock<br><br>WOW. <a href="https://t.co/ZtJYrFsoJt">pic.twitter.com/ZtJYrFsoJt</a></p>&mdash; NBA (@NBA) <a href="https://twitter.com/NBA/status/1719935006112416217?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 2, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Why wouldn’t they have another run in them? The West is terrible and they added Chris Paul.

dirk digler 11-02-2023 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17203638)
Why wouldn’t they have another run in them? The West is terrible and they added Chris Paul.

They are getting long in the tooth except for Curry who kind of like Lebron doesn't seem to age..yet

DJ's left nut 11-02-2023 08:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17203658)
They are getting long in the tooth except for Curry who kind of like Lebron doesn't seem to age..yet

A healthy Klay will determine what they do, IMO.

Paul is washed. He might be - MIGHT be - in the top 20 PGs in basketball right now. And I won't even give him that. Green's been washed for 3 years.

Steph is still Steph and Wiggins seems to be what Wiggins has always been. Kuminga probably has another small step forward. But ultimately Jordan Poole kinda flaming out a bit last year made them revert back to their old formula w/ Klay, Steph and Green carrying the load and I just don't see it working over a full season and into the playoffs.

They don't really concern me. I see it as Nuggets, Suns and then everyone else. Warriors, Clippers, Lakers are probably in a tier of their own as challengers. Of that group, I think the Lakers have the highest ceiling, though I could see an argument for the Clippers with their core (I just see about a zero percent chance that mix works out). I'm just not seeing how the Warriors are going to have the depth, both within the starting lineup and on the bench, to make it deep in the playoffs.

I could see the Mavs moving themselves into that group but not establishing themselves within it. Then Kings, Thunder, Grizzlies and maybe the Pelicans?

BWillie 11-02-2023 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17203709)

Paul is washed. He might be - MIGHT be - in the top 20 PGs in basketball right now. And I won't even give him that. Green's been washed for 3 years.

Steph is still Steph and Wiggins seems to be what Wiggins has always been. Kuminga probably has another small step forward. But ultimately Jordan Poole kinda flaming out a bit last year made them revert back to their old formula w/ Klay, Steph and Green carrying the load and I just don't see it working over a full season and into the playoffs.

They don't really concern me. I see it as Nuggets, Suns and then everyone else. Warriors, Clippers, Lakers are probably in a tier of their own as challengers. Of that group, I think the Lakers have the highest ceiling, though I could see an argument for the Clippers with their core (I just see about a zero percent chance that mix works out). I'm just not seeing how the Warriors are going to have the depth, both within the starting lineup and on the bench, to make it deep in the playoffs.

I could see the Mavs moving themselves into that group but not establishing themselves within it. Then Kings, Thunder, Grizzlies and maybe the Pelicans?

The Pels may be undervalued. As long as Zion can stay healthy. Before he got hurt they had the best record in the West last year.

DJ's left nut 11-02-2023 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17203714)
The Pels may be undervalued. As long as Zion can stay healthy. Before he got hurt they had the best record in the West last year.

Zion can't stay healthy.

The best outcome for the Pelicans might be for him to suffer an injury in December that keeps him out into February and they sneak in via the play-in.

At least that way he's less likely to get hurt right before the playoffs start.

Counting on health from Zion is a fools errand. And because he's always hurt, I haven't seen his game develop at all since he got into the league. They're a potentially interesting regular season team but they're not a real contender. They're a non-factor in the post-season, IMO. Hell, it may be McCollum and (my sweet baboo) Brandon Ingram who end up their most important players.

Dammit I wish we could've held onto Ingram.

Pitt Gorilla 11-02-2023 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17203714)

The Thunder struggled to guard him and keep him off the boards. Of course, if they could have made a shot at the end, they win anyway. Oh, well, on to the next.

dirk digler 11-02-2023 10:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17203709)

Health will be determining factor for most of the teams in the West with the exception of the Nuggets. Obviously if Jokic gets injured they are done but he is young and not injury prone like the rest of the big stars in the West.

In regard to GSW dumping Poole at least early on was the right decision. They don't have his shitty attitude around anymore and looks like the chemistry is back.

That is why it is hard to repeat in any league and we are seeing it with the Chiefs as well.

Pitt Gorilla 11-02-2023 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17203717)
Zion can't stay healthy.

The best outcome for the Pelicans might be for him to suffer an injury in December that keeps him out into February and they sneak in via the play-in.

At least that way he's less likely to get hurt right before the playoffs start.

Counting on health from Zion is a fools errand. And because he's always hurt, I haven't seen his game develop at all since he got into the league. They're a potentially interesting regular season team but they're not a real contender. They're a non-factor in the post-season, IMO. Hell, it may be McCollum and (my sweet baboo) Brandon Ingram who end up their most important players.

Dammit I wish we could've held onto Ingram.

Ingram is the de facto point guard (?!?) this season for the Pels. That's interesting.

DJ's left nut 11-02-2023 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17203885)
Health will be determining factor for most of the teams in the West with the exception of the Nuggets. Obviously if Jokic gets injured they are done but he is young and not injury prone like the rest of the big stars in the West.

In regard to GSW dumping Poole at least early on was the right decision. They don't have his shitty attitude around anymore and looks like the chemistry is back.

That is why it is hard to repeat in any league and we are seeing it with the Chiefs as well.

I'm not saying it was the wrong move. I'm just saying it boxed them in a bit. In a perfect world, he continues to develop on the promise he showed in the 21/22 season through 22/23 and now he's ready to really absorb a lot of the load and offer a different element to the team.

Just didn't work out. So they dealt him for a clearly declining Paul to essentially double down on the Klay/Steph window and hope they can grab another title or two with the old formula.

I don't think it'll be enough. I don't even see them as a WCF team. We shall see.

dirk digler 11-02-2023 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17203912)
I'm not saying it was the wrong move. I'm just saying it boxed them in a bit. In a perfect world, he continues to develop on the promise he showed in the 21/22 season through 22/23 and now he's ready to really absorb a lot of the load and offer a different element to the team.

Just didn't work out. So they dealt him for a clearly declining Paul to essentially double down on the Klay/Steph window and hope they can grab another title or two with the old formula.

I don't think it'll be enough. I don't even see them as a WCF team. We shall see.

It did box them along with drafting Wiseman and then dumping him as well. Poole had a shitty attitude but Dray sucker punching him ruined last season.

Hopefully Moody and Kuminga continue to improve. I like CP3 having limited minutes and running the 2nd team and hopefully that will keep him healthy all season long.

For them to get to the WCF they will need to stay relatively healthy and one of the other teams will have to have injuries. That is possible as I don't see AD and Lebron making it through another season and everyone knows Kawhi\PG3 can't ever stay healthy. KD either of late.

DJ's left nut 11-02-2023 10:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17203938)
It did box them along with drafting Wiseman and then dumping him as well. Poole had a shitty attitude but Dray sucker punching him ruined last season.

Hopefully Moody and Kuminga continue to improve. I like CP3 having limited minutes and running the 2nd team and hopefully that will keep him healthy all season long.

For them to get to the WCF they will need to stay relatively healthy and one of the other teams will have to have injuries. That is possible as I don't see AD and Lebron making it through another season and everyone knows Kawhi\PG3 can't ever stay healthy. KD either of late.

Wiseman was just so odd.

I mean that's a smart front office. They had to have a plan on what a team with Wiseman/Steph would look like. And then they pulled the chute on it SO fast. And really got nothing in return.

I guess the easiest answer is 'scouting miss; saw it early and moved on before it got any worse...' which is pretty damn brutal in its own right. The 2020 draft wasn't exceptional by any stretch of the imagination but it would've seemed that maybe LaMelo was a natural fit to sort of transition away from Steph as the lead ball-handler. Haliburton wasn't a realistic possibility at 2nd overall but man hindsight says you'd LOVE to have him there.

I guess the real 'miss' would be Okongwu who would've probably fit what they do a little better as something of an energy guy and floor runner who could have replaced Draymond. Maybe it's just a situation where the Warriors didn't see anyone in the draft as a genuine standout so they just took the guy with the highest ceiling...

tk13 11-02-2023 10:25 PM

Wemby is out here torching the Suns in the last 4-5 minutes of this game tonight.

chiefzilla1501 11-02-2023 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tk13 (Post 17205437)
Wemby is out here torching the Suns in the last 4-5 minutes of this game tonight.

The spurs finally realized that when wemby is mismatched just toss it the **** up and let him get it. Game 1 he was posting up kyrie and they wouldn’t pass it to him

Pitt Gorilla 11-02-2023 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17203938)

Moody and Kuminga seem like "misses" as well. I thought those three would be the foundation of the "next" Warriors team; none of them appear to be foundational pieces, IMO. Granted, though, both drafts kind of sucked.

KC_Connection 11-02-2023 10:31 PM

Quote:

Yeah he’s going to be very good for a very long time.

tk13 11-02-2023 10:32 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I’m gonna wander around LA right now in the dark in my slippers trying to process what just happened with Wemby.</p>&mdash; Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) <a href="https://twitter.com/BillSimmons/status/1720296375701881125?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 3, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

jamison69 11-02-2023 10:35 PM

new to basketball

In kc who do you root for in nba!

smithandrew051 11-03-2023 06:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17205443)
Yeah he’s going to be very good for a very long time.

Injuries are the only concern, but he is clearly one of a kind.

Pretty incredible.

dirk digler 11-03-2023 06:40 AM

KD is 7 feet tall lol

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="zxx" dir="ltr"><a href="https://t.co/Fq4z0wFacq">pic.twitter.com/Fq4z0wFacq</a></p>&mdash; Rob Perez (@WorldWideWob) <a href="https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1720293703217185233?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 3, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BWillie 11-03-2023 06:55 AM

Quote:

Volume shooter

BWillie 11-03-2023 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamison69 (Post 17205446)

This is a very easy decision

OKC 335 miles
Memphis 458 miles
Chicago 533 miles
Denver 590 miles

So the answer is OKC

PAChiefsGuy 11-03-2023 07:02 AM

Spurs are back baby

smithandrew051 11-03-2023 07:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17205546)
This is a very easy decision

OKC 335 miles
Memphis 458 miles
Chicago 533 miles
Denver 590 miles

So the answer is OKC

I cheer for the KU players.

Philly has 3 right now, so I adopt them for the year.

Pitt Gorilla 11-03-2023 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jamison69 (Post 17205446)

OKC. If you love young talent, they're a great choice.

dirk digler 11-03-2023 05:20 PM

In season NBA Tournament starts tonight. Who's excited lol?

KCUnited 11-03-2023 06:57 PM

These courts are a cry for help

KC_Connection 11-03-2023 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17206172)
In season NBA Tournament starts tonight. Who's excited lol?

LeBron's only real chance at a trophy this season, so it depends how the Lakers do. But let's hope the Warriors drop theirs tonight to OKC (which should be the game on ESPN and not Knicks/Bucks).

UteChief 11-03-2023 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17206295)
LeBron's only real chance at a trophy this season, so it depends how the Lakers do. But let's hope the Warriors drop theirs tonight to OKC (which should be the game on ESPN and not Knicks/Bucks).

ESPN must be doing an East then West game, but damn the Knick and Bucks game is boring!

KC_Connection 11-03-2023 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UteChief (Post 17206300)
ESPN must be doing an East then West game, but damn the Knick and Bucks game is boring!

Knicks are even more trash than usual and the Bucks are still working out their own offense with Lillard (but will win).

KC_Connection 11-03-2023 07:55 PM

The OKC court could be the worst basketball court ever designed.

KC_Connection 11-03-2023 08:59 PM

OKC couldn't overcome the refs unfortunately. What an overturned call at the end there to preserve the GSW win.

BWillie 11-03-2023 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17206384)
The OKC court could be the worst basketball court ever designed.

Its a one off for the in season tournament but I kinda like it. A shame Shai is hurt right now. Curry is still Curry.

KC_Connection 11-05-2023 07:07 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Scottie Barnes in the 22-point comeback:<br><br>30 PTS<br>11 REB<br>6 AST<br>3 STL<br>3 BLK<br>5 3P<br><br>The first player to reach those numbers or better in the 21st century. <a href="https://t.co/IgJfa335MS">https://t.co/IgJfa335MS</a></p>&mdash; StatMuse (@statmuse) <a href="https://twitter.com/statmuse/status/1721306303685873727?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 5, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Something worth talking about re the Raptors. Barnes has taken the next step this year and looks like a top 10 guy in the making.

dirk digler 11-05-2023 07:22 PM

GSW didn’t have it tonight and Cavs wanted it more

Buddy Rich 11-05-2023 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 17206293)
These courts are a cry for help

They're awful

dirk digler 11-06-2023 08:22 PM

Another big night for Curry and CP3 made some big plays to win

Lakers will need a comeback to stave off back to back losses in Florida

KC_Connection 11-06-2023 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17214046)
Another big night for Curry and CP3 made some big plays to win

Lakers will need a comeback to stave off back to back losses in Florida

If they aren't tournament games, does anybody actually care?

dirk digler 11-06-2023 08:53 PM

Lakers with a chance. Lebron has to take this shot

dirk digler 11-06-2023 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17214111)
If they aren't tournament games, does anybody actually care?

Does anyone really care about the tournament?

KC_Connection 11-06-2023 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17214132)
Does anyone really care about the tournament?

The Warriors certainly seemed to the other night.

dirk digler 11-06-2023 08:56 PM

Ugh…why. Probably wouldn’t have gotten the calll. But Redish?

KC_Connection 11-06-2023 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17214127)
Lakers with a chance. Lebron has to take this shot

How about setting up his teammates up for wide open shots only for them to miss them instead?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Lebron got wide open looks 3 straight times <br><br>Austin reaves missed 3 <br>Austin reaves missed 3 <br>Cam reddish missed 3 <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/nohelp?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#nohelp</a></p>&mdash; Mark Jackson’s Burner (@casualtakeking) <a href="https://twitter.com/casualtakeking/status/1721723038054707618?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 7, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yet another great performance (30-4-3 on 13-23 shooting) ruined by the scrubs around him.

KC_Connection 11-06-2023 09:02 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Cam Reddish sold <a href="https://t.co/VBfDwTJLSO">pic.twitter.com/VBfDwTJLSO</a></p>&mdash; Lakers Lead (@LakersLead) <a href="https://twitter.com/LakersLead/status/1721723277377499434?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 7, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

It never ends. LMAO

dirk digler 11-06-2023 09:04 PM

Lebron made the right decision but don’t like Reddish taking that shot. But what do I know

KC_Connection 11-06-2023 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17214159)
Lebron made the right decision but don’t like Reddish taking that shot. But what do I know

Even Reddish should be able to make a wide open corner three at a decent clip. But yeah, they might want to put better players out there.

BWillie 11-06-2023 09:17 PM

Quote:

Nah you want the open man taking the shot. Cam Reddish has just always been dog shit. Not sure why he was even on the floor. One of the most inefficient offensive players in the league. A waste of ability.

KC_Connection 11-06-2023 09:32 PM

2024 Los Angeles Lakers through 7 games:

+53 with LeBron ON court
-77 with LeBron OFF court

Sassy Squatch 11-07-2023 08:37 AM

LMAO Lifted from somewhere else but it's hilariously accurate.

At the end of the day Lebron is as close to a Faustian bargain as you can get in sports.

He will get you a chip, and if you're lucky, maybe two: but he will bleed all of your assets for a decade in the hostage negotiation to get him to come and stay (and he won't stay), and the worst part is he'll bitch about not having help on the way out after ransacking a clubs assets to make his LeGM team - see Cleveland, Miami, and Cleveland.

KC_Connection 11-07-2023 09:01 AM

I only wish all of that were true but unfortunately it is not. If it was, he’d have already left this garbage Lakers team far before now and we wouldn’t be left watching the GOAT wasting his final years of great performances surrounded by Cam Reddish.

DJ's left nut 11-07-2023 09:24 AM

5 possessions to score a bucket last night after drawing to within 1 with 2 minutes left - came up dry on all five.

LBJ -- Missed 3
LBJ -- Offensive Foul
Reaves -- Missed 3
Reaves -- Missed 3
Reddish -- Missed 3.

That's just really bad offensive basketball. 4 missed three pointers (in a 1-point game) and an offensive foul. ****ing yuck.

Someone's gotta put one of those home and if nobody's feeling it from beyond the arc, draw up something different.

And Davis no-showed it. Dammit its frustrating when he does that. Clearly just comes into the ballgame with no intention of asserting himself at all. Just kinda floats around and hopes for some cheap rebounds or easy put-back buckets. And usually finds some soft tissue injury to beg out of the game with and of course last night was no different.

James played well, Reaves is coming back around and had a nice game as well. If Davis gives even an 80% effort they win that one by 6-8 points but he just couldn't be bothered.

DJ's left nut 11-07-2023 09:25 AM

Quote:

If that's a play you're going to draw up, draw it up for Prince.

Reddish is pretty much the exact wrong guy on the floor to be taking that shot.

dirk digler 11-07-2023 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 17214199)
Nah you want the open man taking the shot. Cam Reddish has just always been dog shit. Not sure why he was even on the floor. One of the most inefficient offensive players in the league. A waste of ability.

umm that is what I said. Decision to pass was correct, not the right shooter on the floor though to take that shot.

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 17214528)
If that's a play you're going to draw up, draw it up for Prince.

Reddish is pretty much the exact wrong guy on the floor to be taking that shot.

Or what DJ said..

KC_Connection 11-08-2023 03:00 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In the 81 minutes with Anthony Davis on the court and LeBron James off the court, the Lakers have a negative point differential of -78 ��<br><br>(Via ESPN) <a href="https://t.co/TJGP88hvjY">pic.twitter.com/TJGP88hvjY</a></p>&mdash; NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1722354061054247320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 8, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's nice. This guy has to be the biggest waste of talent ever, right? He could have been easily one of the most dominant two way players of all time if he gave even a little bit of a shit.

DJ's left nut 11-08-2023 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17215853)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In the 81 minutes with Anthony Davis on the court and LeBron James off the court, the Lakers have a negative point differential of -78 ��<br><br>(Via ESPN) <a href="https://t.co/TJGP88hvjY">pic.twitter.com/TJGP88hvjY</a></p>&mdash; NBACentral (@TheDunkCentral) <a href="https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1722354061054247320?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 8, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

That's nice. This guy has to be the biggest waste of talent ever, right? He could have been easily one of the most dominant two way players of all time if he gave even a little bit of a shit.

The crazy thing about Davis is how brazen it is when he kicks it into neutral.

Someone like Westbrook does it but at least pretends to be trying hard. And Harden is a guy who only OPENLY jakes it when he's trying to prove a point.

Pretty much every superstar to ever live takes possessions off or quarters off. Some took games off. But they all at least were self-aware enough to know "hey, I need to look like I'm working here..." and in the modern era they get to do the same thing and hide behind 'load management'.

Not Davis, man. When he doesn't feel like playing, everybody in the damn building knows it.

Somehow the word 'mercurial' doesn't even do him justice. He's just something of a Diva.

dirk digler 11-08-2023 06:43 PM

Interesting decision by ESPN to have their national game be between 2 potential non playoff teams, Spurs vs Knicks, instead of Boston vs Philly which might be the ECF’s

Yeah I know Wemby but meh…

Anyway I am ready for Dillion Brooks to lock up Lebron.

KC_Connection 11-09-2023 12:01 AM

Always good to see the Warriors go down in a big game.

ARROW2 11-09-2023 08:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17215853)

BSPN scapegoating another Laker player to cover for Queen James. Got blown out and locked down by Dillon last night. The Rockets.....LOL. Can't blame AD oir Westbrook. Take over and put the team on your back KANG....If you are too old, RETIRE MOFO!!!!!

ARROW2 11-09-2023 08:03 AM

He ain't built like that

ARROW2 11-09-2023 08:11 AM

I'm sick of it. RETIRE PLEASE so I can have my team back. They will probably trade half the team again in a desperate attempt to appease this narcissist. He think if he puts up numbers he will get respect. He only cares about him and his fans only care about his stats and his ball sack. When he and his fans leave, it will be a glorious day!

ARROW2 11-09-2023 08:12 AM

Putting on a fake crown at the SB when he is supposed to have a foot injury that needs surgery THAT HE NEVER HAD.....this mofo...

ARROW2 11-09-2023 08:13 AM

Didn't go to DWADE retirement ceremony but instead hung out with Draymond, who called you a bitch.....Said he would still have the same career without RUNNING to DWADE and Miami.....

ARROW2 11-09-2023 08:14 AM

He's chosen....according to him

BWillie 11-09-2023 10:00 AM

Wemby out there throwing the ball away with his 3.5 turnovers a game vs 1.8 apg. Volume shooting it at 44%. Meanwhile Chet at 2.6 apg vs 2.0 turnovers shooting 58%.

dirk digler 11-09-2023 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17216341)
Always good to see the Warriors go down in a big game.

meh..at least they didn't lose to the Rockets by 30 :p

KC_Connection 11-09-2023 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 17216520)
meh..at least they didn't lose to the Rockets by 30 :p

It's almost like it was a 40 year old LeBron playing with absolute scrubs around him, isn't it?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2024 Golden State Warriors through 9 games:<br><br>+31 with Steph OFF court<br><br>2024 Los Angeles Lakers through 8 games: <br><br> -87 with LeBron OFF court</p>&mdash; Barry (@BarryOnHere) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarryOnHere/status/1722489809287987278?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 9, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Sassy Squatch 11-09-2023 12:16 PM

LeGM REALLY sucks nowadays

dirk digler 11-09-2023 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 17216602)
It's almost like it was a 40 year old LeBron playing with absolute scrubs around him, isn't it?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">2024 Golden State Warriors through 9 games:<br><br>+31 with Steph OFF court<br><br>2024 Los Angeles Lakers through 8 games: <br><br> -87 with LeBron OFF court</p>&mdash; Barry (@BarryOnHere) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarryOnHere/status/1722489809287987278?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 9, 2023</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Lebron was -24 last night. This team went to the WCF but maybe it is one of those instances where they got hot at the right time.