ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   2024 WR Class (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=350534)

Couch-Potato 11-13-2023 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17222453)
Don't try to tell anybody here that. You'll get voted off the island.

Expensive free agents are the answer.

I feel like the league made a collective effort to push back on WR contracts after Tyreek and Adams broke the bank, but wonder if anyone else feels the same?

Couch-Potato 11-13-2023 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17222467)
I don't know. Nobody does.

Only reason I ask is that it feels like we always seem to look for the short & fast types, or short w/ high end route running, but in this year's draft it looks like there's a TON of tall WRs with size. This class might produce a few M. Evans, A. Cooper, or K. Allen Types, or maybe a couple of DK Metcalf, T. Mclauren, or D. Samuels'esque WRs.

Chris Meck 11-13-2023 06:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17222468)
I feel like the league made a collective effort to push back on WR contracts after Tyreek and Adams broke the bank, but wonder if anyone else feels the same?

I think another group of QB's got paid or is about to is all.

Stryker 11-13-2023 07:27 PM

Where we will be picking, consider Malik Nabers, LSU :thumb:

Couch-Potato 11-14-2023 08:38 AM

Brian Thomas? 6-4 w/ 918 yards at LSU and 18 yrd avg.

There are a TON of tall WRs in this draft!

O.city 11-14-2023 08:59 AM

They need to grow their own something. If it's OT's, go for it. If it's WR's fine.

They just need to get good players.

ntexascardfan 11-14-2023 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17222467)
I don't know. Nobody does.

Well, Worthy can actually run a full route tree and excels in getting separation in tight spaces.

Chris Meck 11-14-2023 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntexascardfan (Post 17224057)
Well, Worthy can actually run a full route tree and excels in getting separation in tight spaces.

Well, if he can do that at 4.29, I'm in.

And he probably won't be in reach.

Stryker 11-14-2023 08:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 17219929)
Going back-to-back with a couple of these guys might not be the worst thing. Coleman and Franklin to go along with Rice for the next few seasons wouldn't be a bad thing.

Coleman highlights:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Noy3jqnJlOs" title="Keon Coleman 🔥 Mid-Season Highlights ᴴᴰ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Franklin highlights:

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0Xh0D963l8U" title="Troy Franklin 🔥 Most Elite WR in College Football ᴴᴰ" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Give me Franklin!

Stryker 11-14-2023 09:01 PM

My thoughts are what is the status of the Chiefs after this season? WE NEED WR bad but, what about our own? Jones, Sneed, Gay? Our TE situation and future offensive line? DE need if Jones walks. So very many questions and at our draft position, how do you begin to replenish this team - looking at the bigger picture. My gifted members of CP - what do you do? How do you mange this in the offseason and strategically manage the draft? :thumb:

Couch-Potato 11-15-2023 07:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 17224631)
My thoughts are what is the status of the Chiefs after this season? WE NEED WR bad but, what about our own? Jones, Sneed, Gay? Our TE situation and future offensive line? DE need if Jones walks. So very many questions and at our draft position, how do you begin to replenish this team - looking at the bigger picture. My gifted members of CP - what do you do? How do you mange this in the offseason and strategically manage the draft? :thumb:

To start, don't let Jones walk for nothing. If he has to play somewhere else, trade him for the picks we need to replenish the team.

ntexascardfan 11-15-2023 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 17224579)
Well, if he can do that at 4.29, I'm in.

And he probably won't be in reach.

Here's what the draft guy on my Longhorns forum posted today in a column about the Longhorns likely to be drafted. On a side note, Ryan Watts is probably a CB we should have on the radar for a late round pick. Big bodied corner who excels in press coverage. Will probably run in the 4.5-4.55 range that Watson ran in when we drafted him. I try not wear my homer glasses here when it comes to Texas, but we do have a fair amount of guys this year who would fit what we're trying to do both defensively and offensively this year.

Xavier Worthy:

Projection: 2nd RD

He’ll crush speed and agility numbers and will receive high marks for his work ethic and toughness relative to his size. His hands, ball-tracking, and ball skills will hurt his draft stock. There aren’t a ton of heavily contested catches, or receptions when he climbs the ladder on his tape.

I think Worthy will go in the second round but there’s an outside shot he goes in the first because of his elite ability to create separation.

I see him more as a WR2.

Adonai Mitchell:

Projection: 1st or 2nd RD

I could see Mitchell going anywhere from 25-45. I’ll be curious to see how he runs but for a taller player he sure has a knack for winning deep. He has the traits to become a quality intermeidate route runner. We know he has a big catch radius.

His best ball will be played in the NFL. Mitchell has a high ceiling to go with already good production. He could develop into a legit WR1.

Palangi 11-15-2023 07:07 PM

Another guy to keep an eye on is Bryan Thomas. The other LSU WR. He’s 6’4” 204 and will run in the 4.3’s. Runs good routes and creates separation. Is a sleeper that is climbing up boards.
http://https://youtu.be/7cCP27uR9ds?si=LRwGEgj3IL9z7cWl

https://youtu.be/7cCP27uR9ds?si=LRwGEgj3IL9z7cWl

duncan_idaho 11-16-2023 07:01 AM

Worthy's scouting report makes him sound a lot like Hardman. Super fast, great acceleration, not great at tracking the ball in the air.

Mitchell's size/speed are a lot more attractive to me, of the UT receivers. I like him or Polk out of Washington as my end-of-round-1 options right now.

A rounds 1-2 that ends with KC holding a WR and an OT make me pretty happy. Especially if those two are Adonai Mitchell and Kingsley Suamataia.

JPH83 11-16-2023 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17226162)
Worthy's scouting report makes him sound a lot like Hardman. Super fast, great acceleration, not great at tracking the ball in the air.

Mitchell's size/speed are a lot more attractive to me, of the UT receivers. I like him or Polk out of Washington as my end-of-round-1 options right now.

A rounds 1-2 that ends with KC holding a WR and an OT make me pretty happy. Especially if those two are Adonai Mitchell and Kingsley Suamataia.

Agree 100% with all of this, OT and WR after R2, and I prefer Mitchell over Worthy.

O.city 11-16-2023 09:06 AM

We just drafted an OT in the 3rd round last year.

I don't think I'd spend another on it if I didn't have to.

OKchiefs 11-16-2023 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17226254)
We just drafted an OT in the 3rd round last year.

I don't think I'd spend another on it if I didn't have to.

Hard to say without knowing how Morris is progressing. Is he simply a career backup or could he start at either LT or RT? No way for any of us to know that. If they somehow feel like he could step in at LT then great, may not need a high pick at RT.

It should also be mentioned that Jawaan Taylor is guaranteed to be here in 2024, could be moved on from in 2025 but less likely. 2026 is a likely time for them to let go of Taylor. Finding a cheaper alternative in the next year or two at RT would be a good cost saving move, particularly if more cap is allocated soon to Creed and/or T. Smith.

O.city 11-16-2023 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 17226393)
Hard to say without knowing how Morris is progressing. Is he simply a career backup or could he start at either LT or RT? No way for any of us to know that. If they somehow feel like he could step in at LT then great, may not need a high pick at RT.

It should also be mentioned that Jawaan Taylor is guaranteed to be here in 2024, could be moved on from in 2025 but less likely. 2026 is a likely time for them to let go of Taylor. Finding a cheaper alternative in the next year or two at RT would be a good cost saving move, particularly if more cap is allocated soon to Creed and/or T. Smith.

He's the RT for the next 3 years. Worry about finding his succession plan later.

If they can get a LT in the draft early, great. But they need to find out what they've got in Morris one way or another and stop burning 3rd rounders on developmental guys and not playing them.

Chris Meck 11-16-2023 09:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 17224631)

Well here's what I can tell you 100% for sure:

We don't have any idea what Veach is going to do.

:D

But the reality is that, just like last year, and this year, there will be question marks in the offseason, and positions that seem unsettled, and giant question marks.

It's just the way it is.

O.city 11-17-2023 07:47 AM

It's why you don't go into drafts with needs all the rage. Just keep stacking good players and fill around it.

poolboy 11-18-2023 04:05 PM

Troy Franklin is def on my radar

kcbubb 11-18-2023 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17222330)
I don't think Mooney will break the bank as a FA WR. He's the guy I want the most. Then draft your other outside guy.

A straight-line speed guy like Quez Watkins or throwing a dart at Van Jefferson might not be bad either as a #4/5 type if they are cheap.

I really like quez. He’s really fast and hasn’t had a ton of opportunities.

Couch-Potato 11-19-2023 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17215329)
Those twitchy fellas, most of the time, end up injury-riddled in the NFL. I try not to get too caught up with it.

I never seem to learn my lesson with linear speed though, for whatever reason.

Acceleration, enough agility to create crisp route breaks, and hands... that seems to always be a winning combination. I'll be damned if I don't lose sight of it constantly though. Precisely the reason I think Emeka Egbuka is going to be an absolute stud but can he get within our range to move up...

Tank Dell out there proving the exception to the rule

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/nfl...s-leaders-2023

Seems like every year I find a small, fast, twitchy, small-school guy and hope he'll be the next Tyreek but never really pans out.

Good for Tank!

kccrow 11-19-2023 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17230781)
Tank Dell out there proving the exception to the rule

https://www.statmuse.com/nfl/ask/nfl...s-leaders-2023

Seems like every year I find a small, fast, twitchy, small-school guy and hope he'll be the next Tyreek but never really pans out.

Good for Tank!

Tank wasn't ever really overly twitchy and juking everyone out of their shoes in college. Small will good speed though, sure. The Kadarius Toney and Wan'Dale Robinson types and so forth of recent drafts are more what I'm looking at.

I don't mind small, but Dell was exceptionally thin, which usually isn't great either. That said, that type does a little better these days now that safeties can't remove their torso from their legs.

Couch-Potato 11-20-2023 10:48 AM

Updated ESPN Rankings per Kiper:

1. Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State
2. Rome Odunze, Washington
3. Keon Coleman, Florida State
4. Malik Nabers, LSU
5. Xavier Worthy, Texas
6. Emeka Egbuka, Ohio State
7. Brian Thomas Jr., LSU
8. Xavier Legette, South Carolina
9. Adonai Mitchell, Texas
10. Ladd McConkey, Georgia

duncan_idaho 11-20-2023 10:55 AM

I am intrigued by the Egbuka fall. That would be a great fit for KC and it’s hard to believe he’d be in position for the Chiefs to take.

O.city 11-20-2023 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17231966)
I am intrigued by the Egbuka fall. That would be a great fit for KC and it’s hard to believe he’d be in position for the Chiefs to take.

I jealously want a Nabers or Marvin Harrison. W

Couch-Potato 11-20-2023 02:57 PM

Quote:

Same here! I noticed he fell a bit due to an ankle injury.

Also noticing Nabers sliding on this list a bit.

Couch-Potato 11-20-2023 04:47 PM

Teicher's comments from ESPN:

Yes, they may decide they need to invest at the position again this offseason. Names like Tee Higgins, Mike Evans, Calvin Ridley and Michael Pittman Jr. could be available, but the Chiefs will also have cap decisions on some of their own free agents at other positions.

Coogs 11-21-2023 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17205002)
ESPN

Wide receiver rankings

1. Marvin Harrison Jr, Ohio State
2. Keon Coleman, Florida State
3. Malik Nabers, LSU
4. Rome Odunze, Washington
5. Emeka Egbuka, Ohio State
6. Worthy
7. Franklin
8. Legette
9. Mitchell
10. Wilson

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17231960)
Updated ESPN Rankings per Kiper:

1. Marvin Harrison Jr., Ohio State
2. Rome Odunze, Washington
3. Keon Coleman, Florida State
4. Malik Nabers, LSU
5. Xavier Worthy, Texas
6. Emeka Egbuka, Ohio State
7. Brian Thomas Jr., LSU
8. Xavier Legette, South Carolina
9. Adonai Mitchell, Texas
10. Ladd McConkey, Georgia

Egbuka is about the same. Franklin is the suprise drop for me.

CadeMeister 11-21-2023 08:18 AM

Who is going to be the NEXT Sky Moore-MVS of Chiefs draft ?

1st - 2nd RD WR Targets:

Emeka Egbuka, OH ST, 6-1, 205, 4.3
Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.45
Xavier Worthy, TX, 6-1, 175, 4.29
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5
Xavier Legette, SC, 6-4, 225, 4.29
Troy Franklin, ORG, 6-3, 185, 4.35
Johnny Wilson, FSU, 6-7, 235, 4.42
Ja'Lynn Polk, WAS, 6-2, 205, 4.48
Malachi Corley, WKU, 5-11, 200, 4.46
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.47
Jermain Burton, BAMA, 6-0, 195, 4.31

*This entire class is tall WTF?

Some great prospects. Wonder which one Conner Embree will _uck up with his brilliant coaching knowledge ?

Couch-Potato 11-21-2023 08:22 AM

Worth noting these are two different analysts rankings

Couch-Potato 11-21-2023 07:18 PM

The WRs this year are tall, and the RBs are small.

Couch-Potato 11-21-2023 09:17 PM

How about Jerry Rice's son, Brenden Rice?

USC, 6'3, 210 LBS, 4.38 40-YRD, 791 YRDS, 12 TDS, 17.6 AVG

https://www.nfldraftbuzz.com/Player/...ce-WR-Colorado

Mr_Tomahawk 11-22-2023 08:08 AM

Just get me a cerebral route runner with solid hands.

Thats all.

Shoes 11-22-2023 11:15 AM

I honestly think this could be the deepest WR class since.... 2014 perhaps?

scho63 11-22-2023 11:36 AM

I want a tall strong receiver with great hand who can high point a ball.

It's been years since we had one.

Woogieman 11-22-2023 12:23 PM

Quote:

I think it was just due to injury and not playing much this year, which could always work in KC's favor

Couch-Potato 11-24-2023 01:18 PM

Why are the kids from FSU ranked so high? Neither put up significant yards.

Why take Egbuka, Worthy, or Thomas in the 1st if they weren't even the #1 on thier college teams?

ntexascardfan 11-24-2023 04:46 PM

CBS latest mock had us taking Rome Odunze.

Icon 11-24-2023 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntexascardfan (Post 17240453)

Odunze is the one guy in round one that I'm not a fan of. Rome is a big bodied guy who doesn't have great speed, is not twitchy and doesn't get much separation. He wins because of his size and good hands. These guys get overdrafted and frequently flame out in the NFL.

Just my impression.

Couch-Potato 11-24-2023 08:27 PM

I've seen every WR but Harrison Jr and Nabers projected to our Chiefs.

It's exciting to have so many options, but also feels like potential room for error. Really hope we knock this one out of the park!

We better boil it down to the best possible targets here on CP for the coaching staff, they're busy and all.

Stryker 11-24-2023 08:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ntexascardfan (Post 17240453)

GOOD! He looks incredible!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/qbetHvf4eaY?si=PlhGseAq-oz0P7zA" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Couch-Potato 11-24-2023 09:27 PM

I think it's fair to say we need..

1. A #1 WR
2. An outside WR
3. A sure thing

Rome Odunze = Will he drop to us?
Keon Coleman = Why doesn't he have more yards?
Emeka Egbuka = Ankle injury & isn't he a slot guy?
Adonai Mitchell = Why doesn't he have more yards?
Xavier Legette = Only 1 year of production?
Brian Thomas = Not the #1 on his team?
Xavier Worthy = Is he a Hardman clone?
Ja'Lynn Polk = Not the #1 on his team?
Johnny Wilson = Why doesn't he have more yards?
Branden Rice = Not the #1 on his team?

Troy Franklin = Best fit? Seems like several have already come to this conclusion, maybe you can fill us in on what you see?

Titty Meat 11-24-2023 09:57 PM

Franklin is a ****ing problem he would blend so well with Patrick

T-post Tom 11-24-2023 11:11 PM

Trust in Veach. Get your WR in the first round. Pass catching TE in the second round. (Travador isn't long for the NFL.) Cutt the chaff in the WR group.

JPH83 11-25-2023 12:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Icon (Post 17240645)
Odunze is the one guy in round one that I'm not a fan of. Rome is a big bodied guy who doesn't have great speed, is not twitchy and doesn't get much separation. He wins because of his size and good hands. These guys get overdrafted and frequently flame out in the NFL.

Just my impression.

He looks great to me, fast, crisp, big, good hands etc. I don't like Worthy much

JPH83 11-25-2023 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by T-post Tom (Post 17240799)
Trust in Veach. Get your WR in the first round. Pass catching TE in the second round. (Travador isn't long for the NFL.) Cutt the chaff in the WR group.

He has to get it right this year. If he drafts duds from this crop he's going to rightly get heat.

Couch-Potato 11-25-2023 09:16 AM

Troy Franklin

Profootbal Focus Draft Profile:
Spoiler!

MSN
Spoiler!

PFF's #14 WR in 2024 NFL Draft:
Spoiler!

DraftBuzz.com:
Spoiler!

My questions:

1. Is he a WR #1 in the NFL?

2. Is he really 6'3? 4.3?

3. Does he create separation? ...lots of 50:50 jump ball types this year.

BigRedChief 11-25-2023 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17240752)
I think it's fair to say we need..

1. A #1 WR
2. An outside WR
3. A sure thing

Rome Odunze = Will he drop to us?
Keon Coleman = Why doesn't he have more yards?
Emeka Egbuka = Ankle injury & isn't he a slot guy?
Adonai Mitchell = Why doesn't he have more yards?
Xavier Legette = Only 1 year of production?
Brian Thomas = Not the #1 on his team?
Xavier Worthy = Is he a Hardman clone?
Ja'Lynn Polk = Not the #1 on his team?
Johnny Wilson = Why doesn't he have more yards?
Branden Rice = Not the #1 on his team?

Troy Franklin = Best fit? Seems like several have already come to this conclusion, maybe you can fill us in on what you see?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 17240773)
Franklin is a ****ing problem he would blend so well with Patrick

Which slot is Franklin supposed to be picked at, around?

Couch-Potato 11-25-2023 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 17241006)
Which slot is Franklin supposed to be picked at, around?

1st Round

Playing a little game trying to narrow down our preferred RD 1 WR in the upcoming draft.

BigRedChief 11-25-2023 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17241007)
1st Round

Playing a little game trying to narrow down our preferred RD 1 WR in the upcoming draft.

Thats a big difference in cost to us to move up between pick 32 and pick 15. I guess they will have a possible slot figured out as we get closer.

duncan_idaho 11-25-2023 11:23 AM

The whole “isn’t #1 on his team” thing is not a good factor to review when the other guys are good, too.

You could have made that complaint about Garret Wilson and Chris Olave. Or Justin Jefferson. Jameson Williams was the #3 guy behind those two at Ohio State.

Being #2 option behind a guy who clearly is getting drafted in the top 5 picks or top 10 picks.

So I don’t like it’s a knock on Egbuka at all that he isn’t the top target at Ohio State

To me, if you can get him at a discount because he’s playing with Harrison and has a bad QB, that’s a win.

Chris Meck 11-25-2023 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17240975)
Troy Franklin

Profootbal Focus Draft Profile:
Spoiler!

MSN
Spoiler!

PFF's #14 WR in 2024 NFL Draft:
Spoiler!

DraftBuzz.com:
Spoiler!

My questions:

1. Is he a WR #1 in the NFL?

2. Is he really 6'3? 4.3?

3. Does he create separation? ...lots of 50:50 jump ball types this year.

1. Maybe.

2. Probably not.

3. Who knows?

WR's are kind of a crapshoot. It comes down to what's between his ears, he's got enough physical ability.

Couch-Potato 11-25-2023 12:43 PM

Xavier Legette, SC, 6-4, 225, 4.29
Keon Coleman, FSU, 6-4, 215, 4.45
Brian Thomas, LSU, 6-4, 205, 4.47
Adonai Mitchell, TX, 6-4, 195, 4.5

I like these guy's size

T-post Tom 11-25-2023 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPH83 (Post 17240835)
He has to get it right this year. If he drafts duds from this crop he's going to rightly get heat.

Very true. That said, I have more faith than George Michael & the Pope.:) LFG!

Coogs 11-25-2023 06:59 PM

Odunze and Franklin with the first two picks. Those two and Rice and we are good to transition to our next phase on offense. I'm tagging and trading Jones to get into position to make this happen.

Couch-Potato 11-25-2023 07:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 17241768)
Odunze and Franklin with the first two picks. Those two and Rice and we are good to transition to our next phase on offense. I'm tagging and trading Jones to get into position to make this happen.

I'm not sure I'm ready to give up Jones for a rookie WR.

Coogs 11-26-2023 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17241824)
I'm not sure I'm ready to give up Jones for a rookie WR.

I get it. It's a tough decision. It's financial for me. We need the money to retain some other players, and the draft picks to rebuild the receiving core.

O.city 11-26-2023 09:49 AM

Other than sneed, let the rest walk. You can’t keep an elite defense together so don’t try. Keep the elite guys and build around them

Couch-Potato 11-26-2023 11:27 AM

I don't think we're as strapped as fans think...

We have $31m in Cap Space next offseason, and Chris Jones wants $30m per year, he's already owed $5m next season, so that leaves us with $6m. Let's say you need $5m for draft picks, so yeah, at first glance we're pretty strapped but seems obvious we let MVS go for +$12m, which gives us $13m.

Is $13m enough to also bring back Sneed? Maybe. If Sneed doesn't stay, that's enough to sign Gay, plus our other desirable FAs. We also have a few restructurable contracts with team friendly players like Thuney (Up to ~$9.5m), Kelce (Up to ~$8m), and Mahomes (Up to ~$6m). Two of which of been willing to restructure in the past.

Ultimately, it's possible for us to keep Chris Jones AND more.

or am I missing something?

Couch-Potato 11-26-2023 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17242468)

We have $31m in Cap Space next offseason, and Chris Jones wants $30m per year, he's already owed $5m next season, so that leaves us with $6m. Let's say you need $5m for draft picks, so yeah, at first glance we're pretty strapped but seems obvious we let MVS go for +$12m, which gives us $13m.

Is $13m enough to also bring back Sneed? Maybe. If Sneed doesn't stay, that's enough to sign Gay, plus our other desirable FAs. We also have a few restructurable contracts with team friendly players like Thuney (Up to ~$9.5m), Kelce (Up to ~$8m), and Mahomes (Up to ~$6m). Two of which of been willing to restructure in the past.

If we're not going to spend our money on a top defensive tackle, top defensive back, or top ILB... than what do we want to spend that money on? Who else is coming up for a contract in the near future that's more important? If you want a vet FA WR, why not ask our offense to restructure and make it happen?

Stryker 11-26-2023 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 17241768)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/0Xh0D963l8U?si=THi6DRKdLZ2AjZej" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

OKchiefs 11-27-2023 07:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17242468)

OTC shows KC at $51.6 million next year, and that’s before we let go of MVS and his $12 million in savings.

O.city 11-27-2023 08:11 AM

You can also sign Justin Reid to an extension and get his # down.

Couch-Potato 11-27-2023 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17241074)
The whole “isn’t #1 on his team” thing is not a good factor to review when the other guys are good, too.

You could have made that complaint about Garret Wilson and Chris Olave. Or Justin Jefferson. Jameson Williams was the #3 guy behind those two at Ohio State.

Being #2 option behind a guy who clearly is getting drafted in the top 5 picks or top 10 picks.

So I don’t like it’s a knock on Egbuka at all that he isn’t the top target at Ohio State

To me, if you can get him at a discount because he’s playing with Harrison and has a bad QB, that’s a win.

Ok, that's fair, but how about the guys like Keon Coleman who's production really isn't that great. I think PFF has him as the #3 WR and Draftbuzz has him #9, currently. Is his QB play really so poor, and his route running and athletic profile so noticeable that he warrants such a lofty ranking with under 600 yards?

Couch-Potato 11-27-2023 12:02 PM

Draftbuzz upgrade Legette to #3 WR in their class btw... just stirring the pot for the discussion here.

Couch-Potato 11-27-2023 12:05 PM

Malik Nabers currently has 1,546 yards and 14 TDS on 18 yrd avg... holy shit!

iSavedLatin 11-27-2023 03:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17247217)
Draftbuzz upgrade Legette to #3 WR in their class btw... just stirring the pot for the discussion here.

Legette and Malachi Corley are both really intriguing to me. Legette, with only one year of production, is a burner and an absolute bully with the ball in his hands. His size/speed combo is really impressive. Corley is a former RB and it shows when he's in the open field. He's tough to bring down and a problem for tacklers.

I'm not sure either one can claim a good route tree or, despite their athletic profiles, create consistent separation, but they are RAC monsters.

duncan_idaho 11-27-2023 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17247213)
Ok, that's fair, but how about the guys like Keon Coleman who's production really isn't that great. I think PFF has him as the #3 WR and Draftbuzz has him #9, currently. Is his QB play really so poor, and his route running and athletic profile so noticeable that he warrants such a lofty ranking with under 600 yards?

Production in college is about a lot of things.

- Quality of your teammates
- Quality of your QB
- Style of offense
- What the D tries to take away

Coleman has accounted for 23 percent of his offenses' passing offense. Malik Nabors, for example, has accounted for 30 percent of his.

So what gives? Here's one thing, if we stick with that comparison.

Well, Florida State's QB isn't the running threat that Jayden Daniels is, so teams when I've watched FSU typically have a safety over the top of Coleman or even are playing in a two-deep shell.

LSU gets its guys in 1x1 a lot more simply because of the numbers game and defenses trying to account for Daniels' legs.

Couch-Potato 11-27-2023 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 17247568)
Production in college is about a lot of things.

- Quality of your teammates
- Quality of your QB
- Style of offense
- What the D tries to take away

Coleman has accounted for 23 percent of his offenses' passing offense. Malik Nabors, for example, has accounted for 30 percent of his.

So what gives? Here's one thing, if we stick with that comparison.

Well, Florida State's QB isn't the running threat that Jayden Daniels is, so teams when I've watched FSU typically have a safety over the top of Coleman or even are playing in a two-deep shell.

LSU gets its guys in 1x1 a lot more simply because of the numbers game and defenses trying to account for Daniels' legs.

Appreciate the input! I simply watch zero college football so my impressions come from stats, draft profiles/rankings, and highlight reels which leaves much to be desired.

staylor26 11-28-2023 09:59 AM

Troy Franklin would compliment Rice so well!

Like rice & beans!

kccrow 11-28-2023 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 17248512)
Troy Franklin would compliment Rice so well!

Like rice & beans!

Yep. I have a hard time looking at other prospects with the same level of excitement. Rice and Franklin look alot to me like AJ Brown and Devonta Smith in Philly. Add in a nice slot option like Mooney and you have a pretty good looking set of receivers.

duncan_idaho 11-28-2023 10:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17248585)
Yep. I have a hard time looking at other prospects with the same level of excitement. Rice and Franklin look alot to me like AJ Brown and Devonta Smith in Philly. Add in a nice slot option like Mooney and you have a pretty good looking set of receivers.

Franklin seems like an easy plug-and-play replacement for all the deep overs, posts, and crossers KC likes to run.

And I like Mooney a BUNCH as a complementary Z type.

O.city 11-28-2023 10:52 AM

Someone sell me on Mooney. Doesn't move my needle.

O.city 11-28-2023 10:53 AM

Now Hollywood Brown.....I can dig that.

kccrow 11-28-2023 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17248608)
Someone sell me on Mooney. Doesn't move my needle.

I mean, in his first two seasons, which were with Nagy, he had 61-631-4 and 81-1055-4. He's 5'10" 180 and runs a 4.38. So basically, a much better version of Hardman.

Since Nagy left, the Bears haven't used him worth a shit.

O.city 11-28-2023 10:59 AM

Ok, I'm sold.

I dunno about paying him 16 plus mil ayear though.

kccrow 11-28-2023 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17248626)
Ok, I'm sold.

I dunno about paying him 16 plus mil ayear though.

Where did that number come from? 3/30-ish is probably the ceiling, I'm thinking. An MVS-like deal that maybe isn't quite so backloaded.

O.city 11-28-2023 11:32 AM

I figured he'd get something close to 15 just due to inflation at the WR spot.