ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Starfield (Skyrim in Space) (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=342511)

Hamwallet 10-25-2023 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 17188758)
Keeping up on this thread and it sounds like it's gonna be a good idea to give this game a year or two to marinate.

My thoughts to a tee.

Wallcrawler 10-27-2023 09:54 AM

Well. ****.

I wasn't going to mess with the ng+ stuff, and just build ships, but now I have a ****ing bitch bug that makes my ships not render anything except the connecting pieces, and the pilot seat.

If you go straight to cockpit it can still fly, albeit a giant mass of connectors is all you can see.

If you try to get up and walk around the ship, you instantly fall out, due to nothing being rendered.

So like if you dock at a starstation, and returning to your ship you press enter instead of cockpit, you just fall out into space.

In the ship builder, all parts are rendered. Then you leave that screen and look at the spaceport, and it's still a half invisible shitload of ****.

So I went into ng+ which gives you a starborn armor and starborn ship and essentially resets everything but your level and perks.

You can skip story to speedrun artifacts, and collect whatever powers you liked again to make them stronger, and then repeat.

Each time you finish, your armor and ship are upgraded the next time through.

The ship maxes out at 6, but the starborn armor improves all the way to 10.

You also start to see some really wierd shit taking place, like running into an evil variant of yourself, evil companions, one dimension has Constellation all made up of variants of yourself. It's pretty crazy and does help somewhat to break the monotony of repeating 25 fetch quests 10 times over.

Frazod 10-27-2023 02:12 PM

Eww, that sounds nasty. I would definitely go back to a previous save, no matter how much stuff I lost. The worst ship bug I've encountered involved the game rendering one of my coolest ships unusable - wouldn't appear on the landing pad when I switched to it, and I couldn't work around it. If I tried to fast travel to it, the game said fast travel was unavailable. Just ended up selling it.

I'm up to 107 now and I'm about ready to start over. I may go the NG+ route, simply because my accumulated skills are as important to me now as my stuff. I've got pretty much all of the useful ship skills maxed. I absolutely loathe the Guardian ships, but it wouldn't take me much time to get a different one, and I now know how to turn even a Class A ship into a death machine.

Regardless of the route I go, I think next time around I'm going to try to focus on outposts now that my understanding of how they work has moved somewhat above rudimentary.

Barret 10-27-2023 03:04 PM

So if you are building ships, here are the best weapons.

Particle beam is your best choice since it damages both Shield and Hull.

Vanguard Obliterator Autoprojector. You gain access to these once you complete the Vanguard questline. They are only 2 power so you can actually mount 6 of these on your ship. Also they are class A so you don't need super starship design skills to use them.

PBO-175 Auto Helion Beam. This is a Class B weapon and you need Starship design 4 and level 48. uses 3 power so you can mount 4

For your 3rd weapon I would recommend a Turret Particle Beam. All the good Turrets are Class C weapons though. I run the PBO-300 Auto Alpha Turret

So the first 2 I listed are manual firing but they have a very fast fire rate. So you have 10 weapons firing along with the 4 other turrets and you just melt stuff. You don't have to go into multiple different Laser Beam, Projectile or Missile Skills and just stick to Particle Beam and venture into turret weapons later on.

I believe Reddit has a DPS Calculator for weapons system and those stand out.

Frazod 10-27-2023 03:08 PM

In the little over a half hour since my last post, the game just went to hell on me. Started crashing between area loads. I just completed the whole goddamn NASA quest, and then it crashed when I was leaving the facility and now I have to do the whole ****ing thing over. Or not.

I think I'm just going to start over.

**** you, Bethesda. 4321

Wallcrawler 10-28-2023 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barret (Post 17192330)
So if you are building ships, here are the best weapons.

Particle beam is your best choice since it damages both Shield and Hull.

Vanguard Obliterator Autoprojector. You gain access to these once you complete the Vanguard questline. They are only 2 power so you can actually mount 6 of these on your ship. Also they are class A so you don't need super starship design skills to use them.

PBO-175 Auto Helion Beam. This is a Class B weapon and you need Starship design 4 and level 48. uses 3 power so you can mount 4

For your 3rd weapon I would recommend a Turret Particle Beam. All the good Turrets are Class C weapons though. I run the PBO-300 Auto Alpha Turret

So the first 2 I listed are manual firing but they have a very fast fire rate. So you have 10 weapons firing along with the 4 other turrets and you just melt stuff. You don't have to go into multiple different Laser Beam, Projectile or Missile Skills and just stick to Particle Beam and venture into turret weapons later on.

I believe Reddit has a DPS Calculator for weapons system and those stand out.

In all the time I've played and weapons used, I find it hilarious that the little Disruptor 3300 electron beam sold at new Atlantis for like 7200 (commerce lvl 4) is essentially you win the game.

Mount 4 on your ship, and hold the fire button for an infinite stream of death.

On my ng+ speed runs of artifacts, I just go get the Mantis ship, put 4 disruptor beams on it and just waste everything that bothers me while I speed to the next ng+

Wallcrawler 10-28-2023 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17192336)
In the little over a half hour since my last post, the game just went to hell on me. Started crashing between area loads. I just completed the whole goddamn NASA quest, and then it crashed when I was leaving the facility and now I have to do the whole ****ing thing over. Or not.

I think I'm just going to start over.

**** you, Bethesda. 4321

OMFG how annoying.

I'd really try to use a backup save, because right at the tail end of the story missions you get the phased time power, which is SUPER ****ing fun.

It slows time for 8 seconds, which is insane and enough to merc an entire room of ecliptic or va'ruun assholes.

It's like the quicksilver scenes in x men lmao. You shoot all these dudes in the face, and when time catches up they all instantly fall over.

Each time you speedrun the following ng+runs, phased time gains about 3 seconds each time you acquire it, essentially turning you into a cross between Charles Xavier freezing everyone in place, and John Wick headshotting all the now stationary targets.

I don't revisit the temples because most powers outside of phased time are trash. Void form is okay, but it's base version is more than adequate for what little stealth is required.

I just run, collect all the artifacts that I now know where they are, and then choose my final battle I prefer and then power up and head to the next run.

Make as save right before you enter the unity, so that if your starborn armor rolled shitty perks, you can reload and pass through again.

I got a God roll Starborn Armor on 4th run. Mechanized +40 weight capacity, fasteners +20 weight capacity, and holstered where weapon weights are reduced 50%.

I can carry a ton of shit on this one lol.

I'll probably actually replay the entire story once I get my level 10 starborn armor and phased time.

Just to essentially walk through it as a literal god.

Discuss Thrower 10-28-2023 11:45 AM

Holstered should really be a craftable perk for suits.

Fish 10-28-2023 12:04 PM

Bethesda really really really wants you to play this game 20 times. It's frustrating how much stuff they limit to specific ng+ levels. And to lose all your gear and ships. That's harsh..

Frazod 10-28-2023 12:18 PM

I'm really really really getting sick of the bugs. Got the goddamn can't-board-the-Den bug during my new playthrough when I was only Level 9. I've checked everywhere I can think of and there is no fix for it.

The game is like an Italian sports car that's awesome when it works right but is in the shop half the time, except the mechanics are on vacation.

:banghead:

Imon Yourside 10-29-2023 10:28 PM

Bethesda = fix 1 bug and create 10 more, same as it ever was :)

Indian Chief 10-30-2023 09:05 AM

Like Detoxing, I was following your adventures and waiting to see. I think this is going to be a pass for me. Seems like all the bugs and not much of the fun of usual Bethesda games. Backlog of games is way too big at this point.

Frazod 10-30-2023 01:29 PM

New Starborn playthrough going okay for the most part. I like the dialogue options when the character knows what's going to happen.

One new, annoying bug popped up that I haven't seen before - I call it the curious case of the phantom turret. Built up a nice Class C ship that I captured exactly how I wanted it, but it has two turrets that I don't want, and when I delete them, the game still thinks I have one installed. Can't just add I third and deal with the turrets, because then it thinks I have four. If I delete the entire ship it goes away, but that means I have to rebuild it from scratch, and then some of the parts I already had are no longer available because the builder doesn't stock them. It's really annoying.

But other than that, all the annoying shit that was going on previously is gone (knock on wood). My cargo transfers from ship to ship automatically and I can board the Wolf Den again. I suspect that the problem is having too many settlements. I'm not going to build the maximum number like I did last time.

Frazod 10-30-2023 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 17199047)
Like Detoxing, I was following your adventures and waiting to see. I think this is going to be a pass for me. Seems like all the bugs and not much of the fun of usual Bethesda games. Backlog of games is way too big at this point.

This is far and away the worst Bethesda game when it comes to bugs. By a factor. The Scotty quote from Star Trek III about overtaking the plumbing pretty much sums it up. It's still a great deal of fun, but I won't deny that it's a buggy mess.

Fish 10-30-2023 01:34 PM

It's flying...

<blockquote class="reddit-embed-bq" style="height:500px" data-embed-theme="dark" data-embed-height="546"><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/comments/17hpiao/all_systems_nominal/">All systems Nominal ✅️</a><br> by<a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/jamiemakesthingsmove/">u/jamiemakesthingsmove</a> in<a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/Starfield/">Starfield</a></blockquote><script async="" src="https://embed.reddit.com/widgets.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

Fish 10-31-2023 12:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17192982)
OMFG how annoying.

I'd really try to use a backup save, because right at the tail end of the story missions you get the phased time power, which is SUPER ****ing fun.

It slows time for 8 seconds, which is insane and enough to merc an entire room of ecliptic or va'ruun assholes.

It's like the quicksilver scenes in x men lmao. You shoot all these dudes in the face, and when time catches up they all instantly fall over.

Found this on Reddit. You weren't kidding. This looks bananas.... :clap:

<blockquote class="reddit-embed-bq" style="height:500px" data-embed-theme="dark" data-embed-height="546"><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/NoSodiumStarfield/comments/17kamg5/whats_your_favorite_power_and_why_is_it_phased/">What's your favorite power and why is it phased time?</a><br> by<a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/Cynical-avocado/">u/Cynical-avocado</a> in<a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/NoSodiumStarfield/">NoSodiumStarfield</a></blockquote><script async="" src="https://embed.reddit.com/widgets.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

Imon Yourside 10-31-2023 05:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17199624)
This is far and away the worst Bethesda game when it comes to bugs. By a factor. The Scotty quote from Star Trek III about overtaking the plumbing pretty much sums it up. It's still a great deal of fun, but I won't deny that it's a buggy mess.

Daggerfall Arena was a total dumpster fire back in the 90s, just a horrid mess of crashes and getting stuck in the ground everywhere. I remember a year after it came out they put out a patch to address most of the issues and it literally deleted everyones save game. They've done far worse bug wise lol

Sassy Squatch 10-31-2023 07:39 AM

Sounds like the game will be relatively decent in a few years.

Wallcrawler 10-31-2023 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 17200654)
Found this on Reddit. You weren't kidding. This looks bananas.... :clap:

<blockquote class="reddit-embed-bq" style="height:500px" data-embed-theme="dark" data-embed-height="546"><a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/NoSodiumStarfield/comments/17kamg5/whats_your_favorite_power_and_why_is_it_phased/">What's your favorite power and why is it phased time?</a><br> by<a href="https://www.reddit.com/user/Cynical-avocado/">u/Cynical-avocado</a> in<a href="https://www.reddit.com/r/NoSodiumStarfield/">NoSodiumStarfield</a></blockquote><script async="" src="https://embed.reddit.com/widgets.js" charset="UTF-8"></script>

It's pretty insane, and with an 8 second time on its base ability it's already op, as in about 15 seconds you can fire it again, even less if you pop a starborn essence that you receive upon killing starborn enemies.

Only drawback is make sure you've opened any doors you need to pass through before popping it, because the doors are as slow as the enemies for the duration.

Mine is about 15 seconds now, so I can casually walk up and face shot dudes with a 6 shooter and loot them before they hit the ground it's hilariously op.

Frazod 10-31-2023 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17200775)
It's pretty insane, and with an 8 second time on its base ability it's already op, as in about 15 seconds you can fire it again, even less if you pop a starborn essence that you receive upon killing starborn enemies.

Only drawback is make sure you've opened any doors you need to pass through before popping it, because the doors are as slow as the enemies for the duration.

Mine is about 15 seconds now, so I can casually walk up and face shot dudes with a 6 shooter and loot them before they hit the ground it's hilariously op.

Damn, I missed that. I was so fed up with all the bugs and glitches that I didn't visit the last couple of temples. :banghead:

Wallcrawler 11-01-2023 08:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17201493)
Damn, I missed that. I was so fed up with all the bugs and glitches that I didn't visit the last couple of temples. :banghead:

You get phased time automatically each time you resolve the conflict with Hunter, and Emissary.

There's no way to miss it.

Go to your powers screen and there's a prompt at the bottom of the screen to list the power names and phased time is on the outside ring, on the right.

Frazod 11-01-2023 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17202449)
You get phased time automatically each time you resolve the conflict with Hunter, and Emissary.

There's no way to miss it.

Go to your powers screen and there's a prompt at the bottom of the screen to list the power names and phased time is on the outside ring, on the right.

Thanks for pointing that out. Duh.

Been playing around with it for the past couple of hours. Sure is fun, especially coupled with magshot revolver on full auto. I can grease three enemies with headshots before they can move. :bang:

Wallcrawler 11-01-2023 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17203035)
Thanks for pointing that out. Duh.

Been playing around with it for the past couple of hours. Sure is fun, especially coupled with magshot revolver on full auto. I can grease three enemies with headshots before they can move. :bang:

There is the occasional bug with it where you can become trapped in phased time, and cannot fire your weapon more than once, and if you've jumped, you never land.

You can tell the bug is happening if your essence bar is not regenerating, or as mentioned, you could only fire once.

If this happens, you need to hard save your game (if you were mid jump when you triggered PT, it's back to the latest autosave sadly) but if you're in a place that will allow you to hard save, simply do that, close the application and restart, and when the game loads, you'll still be in phased time, but the timer for the power will count down correctly and your ability to function normally will be restored.

Kind of annoying but easily fixed.

It happened to me literally the first time I ever used it and I thought the power itself was bugged and I was furious because it's the only power I gave a shit about.

So just in case you run into that lol.

Frazod 11-01-2023 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17203158)
There is the occasional bug with it where you can become trapped in phased time, and cannot fire your weapon more than once, and if you've jumped, you never land.

You can tell the bug is happening if your essence bar is not regenerating, or as mentioned, you could only fire once.

If this happens, you need to hard save your game (if you were mid jump when you triggered PT, it's back to the latest autosave sadly) but if you're in a place that will allow you to hard save, simply do that, close the application and restart, and when the game loads, you'll still be in phased time, but the timer for the power will count down correctly and your ability to function normally will be restored.

Kind of annoying but easily fixed.

It happened to me literally the first time I ever used it and I thought the power itself was bugged and I was furious because it's the only power I gave a shit about.

So just in case you run into that lol.

Just been dealing with it. However, I discovered an easy fix to it - all you have to do is sit in a chair. Any chair. Another answer is to max out your jet pack skills and then aim your weapon when boosting. I'm only at level 2 for that one, so I haven't been able to test it yet.

So yeah, it's annoying, but if you use it in the correct environment (like taking over an enemy ship) it is simply awesome. I waxed the entire crew and none of them ever even got a shot off. I may have killed and looted all of them and then grav jumped away in their ship before the first body hit the deck. The only shitty part is it takes forever for hatches to open, but other than that, pure sadistic evil goodness. :evil:

I'm also at that part of the main story where either Sarah or Andreja dies. I'm married to Sarah, and I learned that if she dies you can later romance and marry Andreja without consequence. So basically I'm going to let my space wife get brutally murdered and rebound with her best friend. I'm guessing that makes me a bad husband. LMAO

Wallcrawler 11-02-2023 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17203518)
Just been dealing with it. However, I discovered an easy fix to it - all you have to do is sit in a chair. Any chair. Another answer is to max out your jet pack skills and then aim your weapon when boosting. I'm only at level 2 for that one, so I haven't been able to test it yet.

So yeah, it's annoying, but if you use it in the correct environment (like taking over an enemy ship) it is simply awesome. I waxed the entire crew and none of them ever even got a shot off. I may have killed and looted all of them and then grav jumped away in their ship before the first body hit the deck. The only shitty part is it takes forever for hatches to open, but other than that, pure sadistic evil goodness. :evil:

I'm also at that part of the main story where either Sarah or Andreja dies. I'm married to Sarah, and I learned that if she dies you can later romance and marry Andreja without consequence. So basically I'm going to let my space wife get brutally murdered and rebound with her best friend. I'm guessing that makes me a bad husband. LMAO

NICE. Did not hear about the sit down in a chair fix. That's way better that the save and reboot.

I have normal jetpack boosting maxed so I'll have to try that out also. Hopefully just the normal jetpack skill and not the boost combat, because I have nothing in that one yet.

Frazod 11-02-2023 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17204154)
NICE. Did not hear about the sit down in a chair fix. That's way better that the save and reboot.

I have normal jetpack boosting maxed so I'll have to try that out also. Hopefully just the normal jetpack skill and not the boost combat, because I have nothing in that one yet.

Unfortunately the jetpack thing doesn't work - at least not for me. So I ended up dumping two points into jetpacks that I wouldn't have otherwise. Doesn't bother me that much, though, as the improved performance is noticeable.

Wallcrawler 11-03-2023 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17204240)
Unfortunately the jetpack thing doesn't work - at least not for me. So I ended up dumping two points into jetpacks that I wouldn't have otherwise. Doesn't bother me that much, though, as the improved performance is noticeable.

Level 4 is okay, but very underwhelming for what I was expecting.

You can get about 7 boosts in per bar if carefully timed with a balanced boost pack. Which really matters considering if you try to change the pack on the starborn armor it unequips the entire set.

Honestly popping personal atmosphere when your co2 bar fills from sprinting, and just having unlimited sprint is faster.

Maybe once combined with boost combat it might be cool, but it seems very niche, because usually there's no need to boost on combat whatsoever.

Maybe for a melee centric fighter. But for guns, nothing really ever gets close enough to me to burn them with a boost, and if they're an elite, phased time double tap to the coconut takes care of that.

Maybe it's for people trying to roleplay as Boba or Jango Fett. Lmao.

Frazod 11-03-2023 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17205858)
Level 4 is okay, but very underwhelming for what I was expecting.

You can get about 7 boosts in per bar if carefully timed with a balanced boost pack. Which really matters considering if you try to change the pack on the starborn armor it unequips the entire set.

Honestly popping personal atmosphere when your co2 bar fills from sprinting, and just having unlimited sprint is faster.

Maybe once combined with boost combat it might be cool, but it seems very niche, because usually there's no need to boost on combat whatsoever.

Maybe for a melee centric fighter. But for guns, nothing really ever gets close enough to me to burn them with a boost, and if they're an elite, phased time double tap to the coconut takes care of that.

Maybe it's for people trying to roleplay as Boba or Jango Fett. Lmao.

Oh I definitely consider them wasted picks. If not for the bug fix (or in my case non bug fix) I wouldn't have done it. I'm just saying that it's not completely useless. Until you told me about the time slowing power, the only one I ever used was personal atmosphere.

The time slowing power bug is really annoying, because it comes and goes. Sometimes the power works right, sometimes it doesn't. It kind of ****s me up when I expect the bug version and then it just goes away when I'm surrounded by enemies.

This playthough is starting to get a bit twitchier as I progress - the last bad one was the ground at the New Atlantis spaceport being gone. When I interacted with the shipbuilder guy my inventory vanished. Luckily I was able to immediately go back to a previous save and leave the area, so I got it back. But so far I don't have any of the really shitty ones, like the Den docker dying or my inventory blipping out every time I capture a new ship. Still haven't really built up any new outposts - I'll look for a good spot occasionally but if I don't find one I just start doing other things. I'm still mainly just killing pirates and taking their shit. Works for me.

Wallcrawler 11-03-2023 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17205917)
Oh I definitely consider them wasted picks. If not for the bug fix (or in my case non bug fix) I wouldn't have done it. I'm just saying that it's not completely useless. Until you told me about the time slowing power, the only one I ever used was personal atmosphere.

The time slowing power bug is really annoying, because it comes and goes. Sometimes the power works right, sometimes it doesn't. It kind of ****s me up when I expect the bug version and then it just goes away when I'm surrounded by enemies.

This playthough is starting to get a bit twitchier as I progress - the last bad one was the ground at the New Atlantis spaceport being gone. When I interacted with the shipbuilder guy my inventory vanished. Luckily I was able to immediately go back to a previous save and leave the area, so I got it back. But so far I don't have any of the really shitty ones, like the Den docker dying or my inventory blipping out every time I capture a new ship. Still haven't really built up any new outposts - I'll look for a good spot occasionally but if I don't find one I just start doing other things. I'm still mainly just killing pirates and taking their shit. Works for me.

The most annoying bug for me persists through each playthrough, even though all inventory is supposed to disappear upon completion of a run.

When I first started the game, I wanted commerce 4, so I literally picked up EVERYTHING. Folders, pencils, weights, books, half eaten sandwich, I picked up everything not nailed down or on fire, and just placed it in the frontiers cargo hold.

I sold all of the necessary unique individual items to get to commerce 4, and then with the other 400 pounds of junk, I just sold it off, for roughly 2k after about 700 presses of the sell button.

Only to find out that any time I made a change or tweak to my ship, the cargo hold was reset, and all that ****ing junk was put back into the hold.

So I decided to go to space, and jettison the cargo. Just **** this bullshit, right?

Nope. Made another ship part change, cargo reset, and all the junk is back.

Even on NG+5, ALL of that junk I picked up in the very first area and stashed in the hold just keeps coming back like a possessed ****ing Ouija Board, refusing to be sold or jettisoned permanently.

I mean if this had worked with you know, expensive items, it would have been an unending well of money. As it is, it's about 700 miscellaneous items that in total sell for about 2k. So annoying.

Frazod 11-03-2023 09:25 PM

I think I've finally picked up the cause on major gamebreaking bug, at least for me - building outposts on worlds in high difficulty areas. Bethesda really seems to hate that.

Decided to build an outpost in the Serpentis system, where I regularly pirate zealot ships. First hijack mission after that the game went sideways and my inventory vanished completely when switching between ships. I dealt with that bullshit forever in my first playthough, but hadn't had to deal with it so far in this one. I know how to get around it, but it's a pain in the ass that I didn't miss.

As far as the junk goes, I get that as well. I always get a fresh batch of it after I take over a new ship or radically modify an existing one. All the shit laying around the captured ship goes into your inventory, or if you modify, apparently the shipbuilder people give you a whole batch of new shit (perhaps it's paid for out of the registration fee). Yeah, it sucks, but at least you can sell it, and though I get tired of pressing the E key endlessly, it does add up to a lot of extra cash.

By the way, who the **** calls a houseplant a "succulant"? :spock:

Wallcrawler 11-04-2023 10:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17206454)
I think I've finally picked up the cause on major gamebreaking bug, at least for me - building outposts on worlds in high difficulty areas. Bethesda really seems to hate that.

Decided to build an outpost in the Serpentis system, where I regularly pirate zealot ships. First hijack mission after that the game went sideways and my inventory vanished completely when switching between ships. I dealt with that bullshit forever in my first playthough, but hadn't had to deal with it so far in this one. I know how to get around it, but it's a pain in the ass that I didn't miss.

As far as the junk goes, I get that as well. I always get a fresh batch of it after I take over a new ship or radically modify an existing one. All the shit laying around the captured ship goes into your inventory, or if you modify, apparently the shipbuilder people give you a whole batch of new shit (perhaps it's paid for out of the registration fee). Yeah, it sucks, but at least you can sell it, and though I get tired of pressing the E key endlessly, it does add up to a lot of extra cash.

By the way, who the **** calls a houseplant a "succulant"? :spock:

Yeah I'm not messing with outposts until I get to the NG+10 and even then it'll be after more fixes come out.

I still can't complete the Ryujin corporate questline where the guy working at the news station spawns out of the playable area so you cannot turn your evidence in to him to complete the faction.

I'll get to NG10 with maxed Starborn Armor and Guardian Ship with a level 10 phased time and just park that character save there until all the bullshit progression killing bugs get squashed.

Dead Island 2's first story expansion finally dropped so that will be a nice distraction in the meantime.

Frazod 11-04-2023 10:59 PM

I may have finally reached my breaking point with this brokedick one who sucks the penis. In addition to everything else that's gone wrong, the New Atlantis starport is still broken and for some reason I now can't use Andreja as a companion anymore. I get the dialogue option "are you ready to head back out?" and she's not pissed at me, but she doesn't follow me, so I get no more follower support or EXP bonuses, even though we're both on my home ship. I'm just sick of it. And the idea of powering through another level doing the main story crap that I hate just to do it all over again, wondering what new and exciting **** YOU FROM BETHESDA shit bombs await me in the next level, I really question if it's worth it.

Maybe I'll play Outer Worlds for awhile - that's a fun space game that ACTUALLY ****ING WORKS RIGHT. If it had ship building/combat, it would blow this away in every measurable way.

https://i.imgur.com/UQKrvcx.gif?noredirect

Wallcrawler 11-06-2023 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17207639)
I may have finally reached my breaking point with this brokedick one who sucks the penis. In addition to everything else that's gone wrong, the New Atlantis starport is still broken and for some reason I now can't use Andreja as a companion anymore. I get the dialogue option "are you ready to head back out?" and she's not pissed at me, but she doesn't follow me, so I get no more follower support or EXP bonuses, even though we're both on my home ship. I'm just sick of it. And the idea of powering through another level doing the main story crap that I hate just to do it all over again, wondering what new and exciting **** YOU FROM BETHESDA shit bombs await me in the next level, I really question if it's worth it.

Maybe I'll play Outer Worlds for awhile - that's a fun space game that ACTUALLY ****ING WORKS RIGHT. If it had ship building/combat, it would blow this away in every measurable way.

https://i.imgur.com/UQKrvcx.gif?noredirect

That's why I choose to skip the story and just speedrun the artifacts to get powered up first.

I did some investigating on the boost combat levels, and if that really didn't ****ing bring my piss to a boil.

So level 4 of boost combat allows time to slow 70% while boosted and using ADS to hover In place.

This apparently does not play well with phased time, as I now encounter the phased time stuck bug at nearly a 25% rate, where before I had sessions where I would never encounter it at all.

Now, hovering and aiming does break the bug and get the time to start again, but you essentially lose the rest of phased time, replacing it with 70% slowed time for the remainder of your fuel bar.

So basically, if you're gonna use phased time, don't level boost combat to 4.

This game has some real serious issues.

Mephistopheles Janx 11-07-2023 11:32 AM

Man... it seems that I should be glad that I didn't give into the pre-purchase pressure and waited.

I'm currently running through Baldur's Gate 3 and it is pretty dang good.

Frazod 11-07-2023 03:55 PM

Well, I had a nice rant, but the next day I was right back at it. Was close enough to the end that I was able to power through to the end and get to P2.

The two constant bugs I deal with now involve the inventory blipout when capturing another ship and the time slowing power being ****ed up. There wasn't any grace period where shit worked right; much like Tupalov's torpedoes, they went active the minute the game launched. I've just learned to deal with it. Whenever I take over an enemy ship I go back, grab all the cargo, takeover the new ship, then redock with my old ship, reselect it as my home ship, and put the cargo back in the hold. It's a pain, but it works. Also, if you register a ship in space when you first capture it, the fee is substantially less, which is nice.

I bypassed all the Constellation crap this time around. One weird thing, which is apparently pretty rare, is that this time around when I went to the Lodge I encountered my own character. I recruited him as a follower, so now I'm going through the game with myself. Obviously a lot of content isn't available now. I guess I could have Sarah as a follower/crewmember, but I'm kind of sick of her shit, so I've left her in the Lodge so far. Perhaps I'll make her a follower again to see if the romance thing works (I'm not going to **** myself LMAO), but so far I just have the robot and the extra me. Other me isn't nearly as annoying as the other followers, except he's always reminding me how bad the atmosphere is and that we need our spacesuits, even in New Atlantis. It seems like there's no way to find Andreja, and I haven't been to Akila yet, so I don't know how/if the Rangers quest will work. No sign of whiny Sam or his mouthy brat, or the odious Barrett, which is wonderful. I've mainly been killing pirates, stealing ships and upgrading stuff at my own pace, while tinkering a bit with outposts, which is still clunky and shitty but I'm getting better at it. The game seems to work better without the main story line mucking shit up. So far, anyway (knock on wood). I guess if it starts ****ing up again I'll power through to the next level and do it all over again.

Frazod 11-07-2023 04:04 PM

It just occurred to me how much I'd have enjoyed this bypassing the main quest/characters new playthrough if it had been an option in Fallout 4. Fallout 4 without the baby Shaun hunt and Preston Garvey would have been wonderful.

Frazod 11-07-2023 06:55 PM

Another thing I should mention - all that random shit that gets added to your inventory is actually pretty cool. I let it build up through a couple of ship mods and hijackings, and when it came time to sell it I cleaned out three vendors in Neon for over 20,000 credits dumping it. In addition to the miscellaneous stuff, food items are added in aid and bulk coffee/tea stuff is added to resources. Some of those things are worth decent coin, especially when you have 20 or 30 of them to sell. I can't imagine why the Trade Authority guy would pay me for "bitten sandwiches," but he does. Maybe the wife didn't pack him a lunch - he is kind of a dick. :D The biggest headache is making sure you don't accidentally sell stuff that's mixed in with it, like useful medical items and ship parts. I accidentally sold all my ship parts and then got jumped by a bunch of spacers later. That was a bit of a problem.

I just hope I don't wear out the "E" on my keyboard, because I've been mashing the shit out of it.

Hammock Parties 11-07-2023 10:19 PM

so glad i waited LMAO

Fish 11-09-2023 12:58 AM

Supposedly a lot of fixes in this update. Haven't tested yet though..

https://bethesda.net/en/game/starfie...ovember-8-2023

Frazod 11-09-2023 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 17216344)
Supposedly a lot of fixes in this update. Haven't tested yet though..

https://bethesda.net/en/game/starfie...ovember-8-2023

****ing Bethesda. Not ONE of major bugs I've encountered is on the list of shit they've (allegedly) fixed. Hell, the only one listed that I've seen at all is the NPCs occasionally running around in their underwear, which has exactly zero impact on my gameplay. Even their bug fixes are buggy. :shake:

AdolfOliverBush 11-09-2023 12:53 PM

Reading through this thread, this game seems exhausting. It sounds like a ridiculous learning curve for something that is supposed to be fun.

Frazod 11-09-2023 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush (Post 17216651)
Reading through this thread, this game seems exhausting. It sounds like a ridiculous learning curve for something that is supposed to be fun.

It is fun. Sometimes it's barely been just enough fun to make up for the buggy crap, but I am enjoying it.

I played Kingdom Come Deliverance for quite a while. You want to talk about a difficult game - that's it. And it wasn't buggy at all. But whoever designed the combat interface must hate people the way I hate Denver. It was a bitch when I started and stayed a bitch. Even after I maxed out all the skills there was never a time when I couldn't get greased by a bunch of no level peasants with pitchforks and sticks. You always had to sneak around, and you could always get caught no matter how well you did it. And I swear to God I was a better archer when I was a child in real life than the character in this game is with maxed out skills. You never gain godlike fighter/thief/archer abilities, there are no magical powers, and while you can make healing/enhancement potions, you can't use them in combat. You're always just Hal, the bumbling, extremely mortal, medieval blacksmith's boy, only with some training and better weapons. I rage quit that ****er at least a dozen times, but it was such a cool game that I always went back.

That game was a lot more frustrating than this one.

gh4chiefs 11-09-2023 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdolfOliverBush (Post 17216651)

That's EXACTLY how I felt about it. The learning curve/complexity factor >>>> fun factor. I played it for a long time but realized it just wasn't worth it. I moved on to Assassins Creed Mirage and I'm enjoying it MUCH more. For one thing it's not so frickin' complicated just to do basic stuff.

Wallcrawler 11-10-2023 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17215032)
Well, I had a nice rant, but the next day I was right back at it. Was close enough to the end that I was able to power through to the end and get to P2.

The two constant bugs I deal with now involve the inventory blipout when capturing another ship and the time slowing power being ****ed up. There wasn't any grace period where shit worked right; much like Tupalov's torpedoes, they went active the minute the game launched. I've just learned to deal with it. Whenever I take over an enemy ship I go back, grab all the cargo, takeover the new ship, then redock with my old ship, reselect it as my home ship, and put the cargo back in the hold. It's a pain, but it works. Also, if you register a ship in space when you first capture it, the fee is substantially less, which is nice.

I bypassed all the Constellation crap this time around. One weird thing, which is apparently pretty rare, is that this time around when I went to the Lodge I encountered my own character. I recruited him as a follower, so now I'm going through the game with myself. Obviously a lot of content isn't available now. I guess I could have Sarah as a follower/crewmember, but I'm kind of sick of her shit, so I've left her in the Lodge so far. Perhaps I'll make her a follower again to see if the romance thing works (I'm not going to **** myself LMAO), but so far I just have the robot and the extra me. Other me isn't nearly as annoying as the other followers, except he's always reminding me how bad the atmosphere is and that we need our spacesuits, even in New Atlantis. It seems like there's no way to find Andreja, and I haven't been to Akila yet, so I don't know how/if the Rangers quest will work. No sign of whiny Sam or his mouthy brat, or the odious Barrett, which is wonderful. I've mainly been killing pirates, stealing ships and upgrading stuff at my own pace, while tinkering a bit with outposts, which is still clunky and shitty but I'm getting better at it. The game seems to work better without the main story line mucking shit up. So far, anyway (knock on wood). I guess if it starts ****ing up again I'll power through to the next level and do it all over again.

Heh.

My most recent one, I walked into the lodge and Andreja was with a Cadre of House Varuun and tried to kill me. It didn't work out for her.

Apparently if you chose the serpent trait upon character creation, there's a line you can recite to show her that you too belong to House Varuun and she will no longer be hostile.

Each time you ng+ there's about a 10% chance you'll encounter some crazy shit at the lodge.

I've also encountered a grown up furious Cora Coe who wants to kill me for either letting Sam die in her universe, or killing him.

Whenever these aberrations happen, your only course is the story skip and head to the next run if you want to play the story over.

Frazod 11-10-2023 02:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17217376)
Heh.

My most recent one, I walked into the lodge and Andreja was with a Cadre of House Varuun and tried to kill me. It didn't work out for her.

Apparently if you chose the serpent trait upon character creation, there's a line you can recite to show her that you too belong to House Varuun and she will no longer be hostile.

Each time you ng+ there's about a 10% chance you'll encounter some crazy shit at the lodge.

I've also encountered a grown up furious Cora Coe who wants to kill me for either letting Sam die in her universe, or killing him.

Whenever these aberrations happen, your only course is the story skip and head to the next run if you want to play the story over.

I can't imagine I'll ever play the main quest again, unless I'm feeling particularly masochistic one day and decide to start the whole thing over. The only advantages are the romance/sex EXP bonus and getting the free ship from Walter's follow-up quest. That's it. And not having to slog through that overwrought ****er or deal with some of the worst followers in Bethesda history far outweigh them. Also, is there an NG+ version where you get to shoot Matteo in the face, because I'd really enjoy that. Thank God that prick never leaves New Atlantis.

Anyway, I'm currently attempting to set up this mess.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PLxxA_395XA?si=LXQpCMUOKsZ-IoxH" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How this Vash guy figured all this shit out I can't imagine. He must never sleep, be a super genious and play this shit 24/7. I don't know if I'll make it or not, and the process will likely take days (real days, not game days) to accomplish, assuming I don't get bug ****ed to death, but I'm going to give it the old college try. The end result is mass producing the most expensive resource in the game while rolling in EXP. Wish me luck.

Wallcrawler 11-11-2023 09:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17217879)
I can't imagine I'll ever play the main quest again, unless I'm feeling particularly masochistic one day and decide to start the whole thing over. The only advantages are the romance/sex EXP bonus and getting the free ship from Walter's follow-up quest. That's it. And not having to slog through that overwrought ****er or deal with some of the worst followers in Bethesda history far outweigh them. Also, is there an NG+ version where you get to shoot Matteo in the face, because I'd really enjoy that. Thank God that prick never leaves New Atlantis.

Anyway, I'm currently attempting to set up this mess.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/PLxxA_395XA?si=LXQpCMUOKsZ-IoxH" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

How this Vash guy figured all this shit out I can't imagine. He must never sleep, be a super genious and play this shit 24/7. I don't know if I'll make it or not, and the process will likely take days (real days, not game days) to accomplish, assuming I don't get bug ****ed to death, but I'm going to give it the old college try. The end result is mass producing the most expensive resource in the game while rolling in EXP. Wish me luck.

Im gonna try this stuff later, when I have my 10th starborn armor and maxed phased time, and I have a ng+ that will allow another quest run.

That will be the one I need all the money for ship parts and things on.

It's a shame there isn't more than 10 ship slots. Perhaps the mods will expand that when they release for console.

Imon Yourside 11-11-2023 02:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 17218539)
Im gonna try this stuff later, when I have my 10th starborn armor and maxed phased time, and I have a ng+ that will allow another quest run.

That will be the one I need all the money for ship parts and things on.

It's a shame there isn't more than 10 ship slots. Perhaps the mods will expand that when they release for console.

If/When Bethesda ever releases the modding tools....

Wallcrawler 11-13-2023 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17218991)
If/When Bethesda ever releases the modding tools....

2024 sometime before consoles are supported, so it's gonna be a while for me.

Frazod 11-13-2023 06:03 PM

Well, I'm still dragging my feet on the EXP thing, mainly because I strongly suspect it will end up not working right and bugging the **** out of the game, but I have been tinkering around with glitch building on the ships. That opens up a whole new level of design and is just cool as hell. By using glitches you can double up stuff in one spot, giving you extra room and also creating connection points that wouldn't otherwise be there. I just completed a build where I was able to double up six full size C Class engines into three spots, with it being just a single level taller, so the structural pieces work perfectly with them. Was also able to double cargo storage into landing gear and structural pieces, and also use structural pieces to hide my shield, shield jammer, reactor, fuel tank, grav drive and several weapons (I couldn't hide them all because I just ran out of room, but all the remaining external ones are on the bottom). The result is a ship that is compact and sleek, with nothing showing on the top but a docker, but is max shielded, fully armed and has a shit ton of cargo capacity. I did have to sacrifice a couple of habs, so there is no extra berthing space now and I guess my two human crew members are sleeping on the floor in the science lab or workshop, but **** 'em. :D Also, you really can't stack stuff into hab modules, because the extra stuff shows up when you're in the interior of the ship and is really wonky. But other than that, this stuff is awesome. It really makes the design aspect almost limitless.

Frazod 11-20-2023 07:30 AM

Anybody else still playing this brokedick turd?

After much procrastination, I finally decided to go all in with that crazy endgame outpost setup. Spent hours shuttling resources around setting shit up, building the outposts to the specs in the video, which was about as fun as a tax audit. Once I started adding the cargo links I noticed my load times starting to go up, and the minute I started activating them the game crashed. It didn't glitch; it crashed. Or as Michael Palin might say, it burned down, fell over and sank into the swamp. That, combined with the general misery or setting everything up, resulted in an instantaneous punt, so now I'm on to NG+3. From now on, outposts will just be outposts - nothing more than resource generators that I will never again try to link to anything. Hell, the ****ing cargo transfer containers don't even work right for me. Perhaps you need a superfast processor to make the game function correctly to do that crap, or know all the codes you can enter to fix it. Who knows? All I know is it ain't for me.

At least this last round wasn't nearly as buggy as the previous ones (other than the outposts). I never had to manually switch my cargo from captured ship to home ship, and none of the locations bugged out. I guess that's a step in the right direction. I also started playing stealth, which breathed a bit of new life into the combat play.

And I have the shipbuilding thing mastered at this point. Still far and away the best aspect of the game, and frankly the only reason I'm still playing it. This is my latest creation, based initially on the Crimson Fleet Wight, which is pretty much as good as it gets. Nice combination of various ship part types, high mobility, brutal weaponry, 12K cargo capacity, and every external attachment hidden. Gone with the wind now that I restarted, but I'll build another one just like it.

https://scontent-ord5-2.xx.fbcdn.net...ag&oe=656054D7

Indian Chief 11-20-2023 08:28 AM

I suspect I'm enjoying Frazod's updates more than he's enjoying the game itself.

Frazod 11-20-2023 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 17231773)
I suspect I'm enjoying Frazod's updates more than he's enjoying the game itself.

For vast stretches of it, this is true. In some ways, it's great. In others, it's as ****ed up as a football bat.

Indian Chief 11-21-2023 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17231789)
For vast stretches of it, this is true. In some ways, it's great. In others, it's as ****ed up as a football bat.

Sounds like Chiefs games this year

Frazod 11-21-2023 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Indian Chief (Post 17236998)
Sounds like Chiefs games this year

Except when the Chiefs have a shitty game they can't go back to their last save and do it over.

Wallcrawler 11-25-2023 09:46 AM

Piece of shit update says the progression bugs are fixed, played through RYUJIN faction AGAIN, and lo and behold the mother ****er I have to talk to in order to end the sabotage quest, STILL SPAWNS OUTSIDE THE MAP when it is specifically stated in patch notes that this NPC has been fixed.

I'm never running this annoying God damn faction questline again. At this point I'm ready to Uninstall the ****er. It's a gamepass title anyway, so happy I didn't buy this shitload of ****.

I'd rather fellate a hot curling iron to disfigurement, or fellate my Mossberg to completion than run the Ryujin quests again. **** Bethesda and their 40 year old game engine.

Frazod 11-25-2023 02:06 PM

I've never played the Ryujin quest. Seems like that's a good thing.

The only annoying bug I'm encountering on my current run is the vanishing inventory thing when I steal enemy ships on the ground. It's happened a couple of times now. I don't want the glitch to take hold, so I just go back to the quicksave I always make before trying and don't do it. I still have no issues getting the ones in space, which is more fun anyway.

And my character occasionally stays invisible. The NPCs and followers still interact with him, but he doesn't show up. It's kind of funny. When he sits down in the cockpit pilot seat, the helmet is empty. :D

I haven't done a single complex quest. I occasionally gather up an artifact or visit a temple, but other than that, I just kill pirates, take their shit, and build ships and (non-linked) outposts. That's what I enjoy and it works for me, and for the most part I don't encounter the buggy crap that makes me crazy.

007 11-27-2023 11:41 AM

Got all of about a half hour in before I lost interest. Thankfully I have game pass for a month so I didn't drop any money on it.

Frazod 11-27-2023 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 007 (Post 17247170)
Got all of about a half hour in before I lost interest. Thankfully I have game pass for a month so I didn't drop any money on it.

You really need to sink some time and effort in the game to get acclimated. It is NOT a game you can play casually. Like I said before, Starfield basically throws you into the deep end, tosses you an anvil, and flips you the bird as you're drowning. Were it not for YouTube videos, I'd have thrown up my hands and quit a long time ago. I never would have figured out a lot of this shit on my own. Like I also said before, I'm old; I learn slowly and forget quickly. There are numerous beginner videos that are very helpful.

My main mission on this playthrough has been to create enough outposts that I produce every major crafting component, which I have now done. The only useful resource that I'm not producing is mercury, but I need so little of it that I'm fine just buying it from vendors. Had to create a ****ing Word document listing them and the resources they contain to track everything, as well as items I was short on - it would have been impossible to remember where everything was otherwise. Figured out how to grow plants and raise livestock to harvest vital organic resources, particularly fiber, polymer, solvent and lubricant - it's a bit complicated, but isn't buggy (unless you're farming actual space bugs). Outside of the transfer containers, which never seem to work right, and intersystem cargo links, which make the game explode, the outposts generally function as they should. Anyway, I finished all that, created a shit ton of storage at my main base, and dumped the thousands of tons of shit I was hauling around there. Transferring all that crap from the ship to base storage was a pain in the ass, but it's done. Now I do all my crafting there, and can retool my ships with less cargo and habs which I no longer need, and get their mobility up to near or at 100%.

I'll do the piracy/shipbuilding stuff a bit longer, then power through to the next level and start all over again. This current round has been far less buggy than previous ones. The stuff I'm avoiding really seems to help.

Frazod 03-12-2024 03:49 PM

After burning out on the new survival games I tried and tiring of learning a bunch of new shit, I went back and did a new run in this. Still fun overall, but also still a twitchy, buggy, ****ed up mess that our friends at Bethesda have apparently done nothing to improve. One of my favorite bugs in this playthrough was having one ship that would take off on its own from the landing pad after I exited. I guess I told Barrett to go **** himself once too often. LMAO

I'm at the midway point of the atrocious main quest line, already up to almost level 90. The bugs are starting to make the game a real slog, and I've already got five maxed out ships in my fleet. Now I've encountered a new bug that completely eliminates the enemy crew when I board ships, and when I tried to apply a fix that I found all it did was wipe out my prior saves. :doh!: Improving stats and building/improving ships is the fun part - everything else is just kind of there.

Don't give a **** about finishing the main quest and starting over as starborn, so I'll probably just start over again. Or maybe give Fallout 4 another run since the new show is coming out. I'm old and bored. Got nothing better to do.

Imon Yourside 03-13-2024 02:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17439408)
After burning out on the new survival games I tried and tiring of learning a bunch of new shit, I went back and did a new run in this. Still fun overall, but also still a twitchy, buggy, ****ed up mess that our friends at Bethesda have apparently done nothing to improve. One of my favorite bugs in this playthrough was having one ship that would take off on its own from the landing pad after I exited. I guess I told Barrett to go **** himself once too often. LMAO

I'm at the midway point of the atrocious main quest line, already up to almost level 90. The bugs are starting to make the game a real slog, and I've already got five maxed out ships in my fleet. Now I've encountered a new bug that completely eliminates the enemy crew when I board ships, and when I tried to apply a fix that I found all it did was wipe out my prior saves. :doh!: Improving stats and building/improving ships is the fun part - everything else is just kind of there.

Don't give a **** about finishing the main quest and starting over as starborn, so I'll probably just start over again. Or maybe give Fallout 4 another run since the new show is coming out. I'm old and bored. Got nothing better to do.

I'm not sure where Bethesda is, they have done nothing to fix this and promised Redfall(I know lolz) would be the most supported game ever. They haven't done jack for that game either and it seems like a LONG time before their next game hits the market.

SAGA45 03-14-2024 06:08 AM

Hadrian should be a romanceable character. Her quest line rivals those that build affinity with the core characters. Bethesda missed an opportunity.

Skyy God 03-14-2024 12:07 PM

Finished the game. It’s whatever.

Probably should have unlocked jet packs prior to the end.

Skill upgrade system ****ing blew goats.

Frazod 03-14-2024 01:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 17442346)
Hadrian should be a romanceable character. Her quest line rivals those that build affinity with the core characters. Bethesda missed an opportunity.

I always go with Andreja now. She's my Space Lydia.

I keep waiting for her to say "Look, a cave! Wonder what's inside?" after we've just left the cave. :D

SAGA45 03-16-2024 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17443242)
I always go with Andreja now. She's my Space Lydia.

I keep waiting for her to say "Look, a cave! Wonder what's inside?" after we've just left the cave. :D

I married Sarah but have Andreja as my companion at the moment. I'm going to break Sarah's heart because Andreja is about to get this 'serpent'.

Frazod 03-17-2024 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAGA45 (Post 17447243)
I married Sarah but have Andreja as my companion at the moment. I'm going to break Sarah's heart because Andreja is about to get this 'serpent'.

Actually, you can marry Sarah, let he get greased by the starborn, and then marry Andreja.

Knowing it's going to happen feels rather evil. "Hold down the fort here at the Lodge. I'm going to head up to the space station. [In my best Sam Kinison voice] Love ya honey!"

:evil:

svistop 03-18-2024 09:54 AM

Starfield is the biggest disappointment in the gaming industry. I had high hopes for this game and was ready to sit up at night flying around different planets and studying their flora and fauna. But in fact, I barely got through this download simulator and immediately deleted it. I won't say it's the worst game of all time, but Todd shouldn't make any more games about space.

Frazod 03-18-2024 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svistop (Post 17448480)
Starfield is the biggest disappointment in the gaming industry. I had high hopes for this game and was ready to sit up at night flying around different planets and studying their flora and fauna. But in fact, I barely got through this download simulator and immediately deleted it. I won't say it's the worst game of all time, but Todd shouldn't make any more games about space.

There are aspects of it that are a lot of fun. I love building ships, boarding and capturing ships, modding my weapons and armor, and crafting/using the cool performance-enhancing drugs. I even like exploring the procedurally generated planets, but I mainly do it so I can kill shit and farm resources and experience points. Even the base building can be fun.

But yeah, this game is a far cry from Skyrim or Fallout. The main questline is HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. It makes no sense, and nothing is ever really explained. Hunting for baby Shaun in Fallout 4 is a stroll in the park by comparison. The Constellation characters are mostly awful, particularly Barrett, who is far and away the worst game companion in the history of game companions. And what I wouldn't give to be able to shoot Cora and Matteo and especially Barrett in the ****ing face and actually permanently kill them. Advancing the main story, particularly late in the game, is like taking out the garbage in a hailstorm and then going to the dentist for a root canal.

And don't even get me started on the ****ing bugs. That's another thing that makes later stages of the game suck. As you build up more and more outposts, it really seems to make the game twitchy as hell. I used to try to build enough bases so that I could harvest every available resource, but now there are some things I just buy instead.

Overall the good outweighs the bad. I just mostly play so that I limit my exposure to the bad stuff.

Imon Yourside 03-18-2024 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17449154)
There are aspects of it that are a lot of fun. I love building ships, boarding and capturing ships, modding my weapons and armor, and crafting/using the cool performance-enhancing drugs. I even like exploring the procedurally generated planets, but I mainly do it so I can kill shit and farm resources and experience points. Even the base building can be fun.

But yeah, this game is a far cry from Skyrim or Fallout. The main questline is HORRIBLE. HORRIBLE. It makes no sense, and nothing is ever really explained. Hunting for baby Shaun in Fallout 4 is a stroll in the park by comparison. The Constellation characters are mostly awful, particularly Barrett, who is far and away the worst game companion in the history of game companions. And what I wouldn't give to be able to shoot Cora and Matteo and especially Barrett in the ****ing face and actually permanently kill them. Advancing the main story, particularly late in the game, is like taking out the garbage in a hailstorm and then going to the dentist for a root canal.

And don't even get me started on the ****ing bugs. That's another thing that makes later stages of the game suck. As you build up more and more outposts, it really seems to make the game twitchy as hell. I used to try to build enough bases so that I could harvest every available resource, but now there are some things I just buy instead.

Overall the good outweighs the bad. I just mostly play so that I limit my exposure to the bad stuff.

Still waiting for the modding tools though, should make the experience even that much better.

Wallcrawler 03-19-2024 08:32 AM

I haven't played the game since I rage quit the day after the patch that was supposed to fix the Ryujin questline bug where the NPC you're supposed to turn the quest in to spawns outside the map.

Using speed run option in the ng+ to quickly loop through the multiverses and see the different iterations of characters was fun, as well as maxing out the starborn powers I liked. Slow time is absolutely op and ridiculously epic.

Didn't like that when going ng+ you lost all your money weapons and ships. That's kinda the point of ng+ right? To keep all your hard earned stuff.

Shipbuilding was fun. I had a Millenium Falcon, Ebon Hawk, Batwing, Serenity, and Star Destroyer build.

It was really fun in certain aspects, but absolutely rage inducing in others.

Mods will benefit this game greatly when once again, the mod community helps the game achieve its true potential.

Chief Pagan 03-19-2024 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by svistop (Post 17448480)

He had a good run.

He should retire.

Once upon a time I was looking forward to Elder Scrolls VI.

Yea, right. Not going to be fooled. Even if it is released before I end up in a nursing home...

Frazod 03-27-2024 07:40 PM

Well, in my current run I've gotten up to level 101, mainly by farming the crap out of hostile worlds and avoiding the main quest line. It's time to bite the bullet and complete the last series of mostly odious main missions so I can move on to the first starborn playthrough.

Perhaps Bethesda has been tinkering with this a bit, because this last run has been nearly bug free. Sure, there's still some minor stuff here and there, but none of the awful herpes stuff that sticks with you and wrecks shit. Never had any issues boarding/capturing ships, for example, and I boarded and captured loads of them. One thing I've done is keep my settlements really basic, which I think may have helped.

Imon Yourside 04-01-2024 01:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frazod (Post 17460065)
Well, in my current run I've gotten up to level 101, mainly by farming the crap out of hostile worlds and avoiding the main quest line. It's time to bite the bullet and complete the last series of mostly odious main missions so I can move on to the first starborn playthrough.

Perhaps Bethesda has been tinkering with this a bit, because this last run has been nearly bug free. Sure, there's still some minor stuff here and there, but none of the awful herpes stuff that sticks with you and wrecks shit. Never had any issues boarding/capturing ships, for example, and I boarded and captured loads of them. One thing I've done is keep my settlements really basic, which I think may have helped.

Good to hear, hows the planetary combat? That's my main will to play this game as well as gathering loot. I have no desire to fly around and dogfight in space and nothing very promising coming this year game wise.

Frazod 04-01-2024 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Imon Yourside (Post 17465738)
Good to hear, hows the planetary combat? That's my main will to play this game as well as gathering loot. I have no desire to fly around and dogfight in space and nothing very promising coming this year game wise.

I haven't had any issues with the planetary combat at all. Of course, I'm now nearly at level 120, so even on very hard fighting is pretty easy. The maxed out sniper skill is beastly. Also doesn't hurt that I know the layout of every location by heart. I'm like the asshole major in Heartbreak Ridge who always knows where the ambush site is. :D

One problem I'm having, which I guess is minor, is that I never get enemy ships randomly landing on planets, even in spots where they usually spawn more than half the time. That's been broken since the beginning of this run. Sucks, because I enjoy storming parked ships and stealing them. Oh well. Ships still spawn randomly in space like normal.

Overall it's like night and day from when the game launched last year. Clearly they've worked out most of the problems.

Frazod 04-04-2024 12:39 PM

One wonderful thing I've learned during this playthrough is that you can actually sell that useless, horrible goddamn starborn ship and clear the spot from your inventory - apparently it's been there all along. All you have to do is sell it to a vendor who has less credits than the ship is worth. If you take a loss, any loss, on the sale, it works. That's it. No codes, no mods. Apparently it works on the crappy little Frontier as well, although I've already modded the crap out of it on this run so that it's now useful.

Dumping that wretched boat anchor was a feelgood moment for the ages. 4321

SAGA45 04-16-2024 06:22 PM

I am trying to complete the Ryujin Industries questline, and, for whatever reason, the "Background Checks" mission won't fire after completing "Top Secrets".

This is super frustrating, as everything I've found online about it is either outdated or only fixable on PC with mods. Other than that, restarting the game is the only solution I've come across for the console version and I've invested far too many hours on this playthrough for that to be worthwhile.

Frazod 04-16-2024 08:03 PM

I've heard so many bug stories about he Ryujin quest that I just never bother with it. Sometimes the only winning move is not to play.

As for the game, I'm still at it. Up to level 151, getting ready to finish up NG2. I still haven't run across as many bugs this time, although it is starting to get a little wonkier as I progress. The most pervasive one is Andreja's head going into stealth mode whenever I do a sales run at Neon. You'd think the NPCs would comment about the headless woman following me around, but they don't seem to.

A couple of things I've learned this playthrough:

1. I finally decided not to rat out Vae Victus for the Londinium thing. If you do that, you get all the same rewards and nobody figures it out, and after that you can visit him in his cell and he'll give you assassination missions. There's nothing really special or different about them (still attacking pirates in the same old bases on random planets), but the ultimate target will be identified as something like "chem cooker" or "intelligence asset."

2. At long last, I know the one and only use for the mysterious "quark degenerate tissues." If you complete level 4 of gastronomy, which I only did to complete all the research, you can cook a level 4 dish which uses it as an ingredient that gives you massive defensive bonuses. I wouldn't say it's worth the trouble of getting to level 4 - I must have spent the better part of two hours wandering from vendor to vendor looking for large amounts of ****ing butter and eggs at one point - but there is a decent payoff at the end. Makes me wish I hadn't sold off so many of them, because they did eventually prove to be useful.

And one really cool thing I discovered I could to is completely enclose the ship cockpit (saw it in a YouTube video), which has enabled me to construct the coolest ship design I've done so far. All the weapons and the shield are glitched in, so the top of the ship is completely sleek. The only downside is the cockpit has no exterior view from the inside, but it doesn't matter when flying around because I always use the default full ship/third person view anyway. I'll attach a couple of images in a spoiler since they're pretty big.

Oh, another thing I forgot to mention was an annoying maybe glitch/maybe **** you to hijackers issue with advancing the ship command skill. You have to destroy or board enemy ships in order to level up, but you have to use a ship you've either bought from a ship vendor or been given (Frontier, Razorleaf, Star Eagle) or your kills/captures don't count toward advancement. I also found out the hard way that selling a captured ship and then buying it back from the merchant (basically laundering it) doesn't work. Apparently to Bethesda, once hijacked, always hijacked. That cost me about half a million credits. ****ers. Luckily, the ship in the above images was once the Frontier, even though no original parts remain, so her kills count.

Frazod 05-06-2024 07:28 PM

There's a new update (available now in beta) that drops in about a week that should really improve the game. It includes far more detailed customized settings, improved maps with fast travel points to various points of interest in cities, and the ability to improve/decorate ship habs the same way you can improve/decorate outposts. This even applies to the crappy Starborn ship. You still can't upgrade the ship itself, but you can add stuff like beds and crafting benches to make it far less useless. The game rewards you for selecting higher difficulty levels with a boost to EXP, and conversely punishes you if you set things to easy mode. There are also survival settings you can choose that hurts your stats/abilities if you don't eat and drink regularly.

The one thing they've added which I personally like the best is the option to increase the amount of cash vendors have, by up to five times the base game level. So a vendor who originally had 12,000 credits will now have 60,000 credits. That ****ing rocks. You get gigged for it a bit, but obviously you can lower the setting when you're actually trading and then crank it back up when you're not. One of the lamest aspects of the game as it was before is how it can take half a ****ing hour to unload all the loot you've collected running from shop to shop and then waiting for them to reset over and over.

Anyway, all this, coupled with the fact that the game isn't nearly buggy as it was before, should make things much better.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/WRtJDVojOKQ?si=p9kGi0enMLLdEFEx" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>