ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the Steelers (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=341783)

Lzen 01-09-2022 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 16063969)
I don't want him gone. I actually really enjoy his schtick because folks here just can't help but actually take him seriously so it's legit funny.

Its old... And dumb.... And not funny...... And annoying.
He's jumped the shark

Pitt Gorilla 01-09-2022 08:11 PM

1) Block Watt
2) Stop run

That's it. Those alone guarantee a win.

smithandrew051 01-09-2022 08:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coochie liquor (Post 16064115)
This! Deberg is a top level troll. Banning him completely would be bad for karma. I’d be curious to actually meet him in person. I bet he’s the polar opposite of his posting style. But he always stays in character here, and that’s admirable.

I actually really like Deberg. He’s just subtle enough that people feel the need to argue with him. I appreciate that.

007 01-09-2022 08:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TLO (Post 16063327)
Please no. Saturday at 7pm or Sunday at Noon or 3pm.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/26FLg...GAbm/giphy.gif

Bump 01-09-2022 08:22 PM

For some weird reason I thought the top 2 seeds both got a bye...

RaidersOftheCellar 01-09-2022 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lzen (Post 16064175)
Its old... And dumb.... And not funny...... And annoying.
He's jumped the shark

It’s sometimes funny. People are too uptight.

RaidersOftheCellar 01-09-2022 08:24 PM

Shouldn’t be a need for Andy to get cute in this one. Save the bag of tricks for the Bills or some other assholes.

smithandrew051 01-09-2022 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bump (Post 16064203)
For some weird reason I thought the top 2 seeds both got a bye...

They used to but the NFL decided their perfect playoff formula needed to get ****ed up so they could make more money off more games

srvy 01-09-2022 08:30 PM

I don't trust the NFL and their officiating. I smell a fix-in for the last hurrah of Big Ben and Butthole Brady super bowl.

Bump 01-09-2022 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16064213)
They used to but the NFL decided their perfect playoff formula needed to get ****ed up so they could make more money off more games

ya it's ****ing stupid

A Salt Weapon 01-09-2022 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 16064238)
I don't trust the NFL and their officiating. I smell a fix-in for the last hurrah of Big Ben and Butthole Brady super bowl.

I could see the NFL doing something like that for their affirmative action poster child Tomlin, but not for the rapist. Who knows stranger things could happen though, seems like all the big name qbs get one final SuperBowl as they ride out to retirement. Kind of a thanks for playing along with our agenda reward.

mr. tegu 01-09-2022 08:40 PM

I’ll be curious to see if Steelers fans try to convince themselves they can win.

Gary Cooper 01-09-2022 08:42 PM

Quote:

LOL. Even the NFL isn't going to attempt putting the Steelers in the Super Bowl. No amount of fixing will accomplish it.

smithandrew051 01-09-2022 08:43 PM

Quote:

At least Peyton’s team was the 1 seed for his farewell tour.

I don’t think the refs could rig it for this Steelers team and maintain any type of legitimacy. 3 road games against 3 (likely) division champs with a terrible team.

Not worried about that scenario.

Stryker 01-09-2022 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smithandrew051 (Post 16064213)

Unfortunately this.

Lzen 01-09-2022 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 16064205)
It’s sometimes funny. People are too uptight.

To each his own, I guess. It's like the people that used to worship Dane. I never understood that. I thought he was a total dick. But then, over time, I enjoyed seeing his posts about other things. I just didn't think the over the top going off on every other person was funny or whatever. I thought it was gross. I mean if someone was being a total douche, it might be understandable. But he would go off on every other person and, a lot of times it appeared to be unnecessary and rude. . And mean.

There are plenty of things that are funny but our CP Deberg 1990 ain't it.

TLO 01-09-2022 09:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 493rd (Post 16063959)
Bolton and Kelce didn’t play against the Steelers previously, correct?

And Hill was exhausted coming off the covid list. And we still put up 38 points or something on them.

Monty 01-09-2022 09:17 PM

Sunday at 7:15pm, LFG!!

arrwheader 01-09-2022 09:20 PM

I'll be there, just bought my tickets. Need payback for the last one against them. Let's go! Yiyi!!

Sent from my SM-F711U1 using Tapatalk

KChiefs1 01-09-2022 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by petegz28 (Post 16063778)
He didn't lose it, imo. it took Watt 17 games to do what Strahan did in fewer.

Roger Maris

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reerun_KC 01-09-2022 09:51 PM

These little butt hurt banning of DeBerg just cements his CP legendary status.

He is an icon.

Curé 01-09-2022 09:54 PM

reerun

rabblerouser 01-09-2022 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 16063335)
I still believe the Raiders win tonight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sure is looking like it.

bringbackmarty 01-09-2022 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 16064211)
Shouldn’t be a need for Andy to get cute in this one. Save the bag of tricks for the Bills or some other assholes.

Fader's going to fade and **** you and your off brand bringbackmarty profile pic. That shit is protected.

tredadda 01-09-2022 11:26 PM

Chiefs are gonna abuse Pittsburgh in spite of the pundits trying to make it look competitive.

eDave 01-09-2022 11:27 PM

So, what's the weather looking like?

Stewie 01-09-2022 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eDave (Post 16065790)
So, what's the weather looking like?

Sunny and a high of 40.

Hog's Gone Fishin 01-09-2022 11:30 PM

Welp, all we gotta do is win and it's a possibility we have home field all the way to the SB.

ShowtimeSBMVP 01-09-2022 11:32 PM

Chiefs -14 wow that’s a high point spread

tredadda 01-09-2022 11:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quitter (Post 16065824)
Chiefs -14 wow that’s a high point spread

Vegas remembers two weeks ago.

FringeNC 01-09-2022 11:41 PM

Opening line is -13

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smithandrew051 01-09-2022 11:48 PM

Bengals couldn’t have asked for much more. They basically had a bye week in Week 18 then get to play the Raiders after that.

ThyKingdomCome15 01-09-2022 11:49 PM

We got lucky. The Steelers are the worst team entering the Playoffs. I was not looking forward to playing the Chargers.

MahomesMagic 01-09-2022 11:49 PM

What's the word on Hill, Kelce?

Direckshun 01-09-2022 11:49 PM

Big Ben has not played remotely well but he is an extremely resilient guy if the game is close and he gets in a rhythm. The body simply isn’t there anymore, the arm isn’t there, but his mind can still diagnose as quickly as any in the league. If you keep the game close down the stretch you’ll be in a dogfight. He can be blitzed and brought down, but he doesn’t get shaken.

A lot of people have been singing about Najee Harris but I don’t see it — he seems at this point merely an above average back, and not even by that much. He’s a big load to being down and good in the passing game. Perhaps it’s because the offensive line is garbage. Chris Jones in particular will wreck these guys all game.

The WR, however, seem tailor made for what the Chiefs CBs have struggled with, and that’s YOLO jump catches, which if he has steady footing, Big Ban can place. In particular, Chase Claypool is going to be a problem there. We need to see Spags adjust.

This is not the same TJ Watt we saw a month ago. He seems completely healed somehow? THIS RIGHT HERE is why we acquired Orlando Brown. Can he largely handle Watt for 4 quarters? I assume we will be able to help Wylie against Highsmith, as we’ve been helping him all season. But Watt is going to be a serious, serious problem.

The Steelers do have talent on their DL but it wouldn’t shock me if we could manage to run on them a bit. I’m particular, I’d like to maybe see McKinnon get some shots at being explosive.

But we roasted these guys early in the season in part because Reid had their defense completely mastered. Mahomes lit up the stat sheet and the Chiefs did everything they wanted offensively, without Kelce at all and Hill for much of the game.

Under Mahomes, we’ve been able to shake our demons, most of them anyway. He’s avenged us against the Colts, the Titans, the Bills. Well the Steelers edged us in an infuriating Bob Sutton gameplan and typical Alex Smith implosion in the 2016 divisionals. We’re due to avenge them as well and send Big Ben to the glue factory.

Hammock Parties 01-09-2022 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 16065894)
What's the word on Hill, Kelce?

Both are probable.

Sassy Squatch 01-09-2022 11:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 16065859)
Opening line is -13

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

For perspective the next highest is Bucs -7 vs the Eagles. Pretty crazy that's a line for a playoff game lol.

MahomesMagic 01-09-2022 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16065898)
Both are probable.

If Hill isn't 100 percent and they think an extra week can help Im fine holding him out 1st half and see if we can build a lead without him.

We need him for the next round.

Wallcrawler 01-09-2022 11:54 PM

Patrick smoked these guys without Kelce and Hill. Id say anyone not fully right for the playoffs needs to sit.

Direckshun 01-09-2022 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 16065914)
Patrick smoked these guys without Kelce and Hill. Id say anyone not fully right for the playoffs needs to sit.

We are better than these guys but they are feisty as hell. I hate Big Ben but he is a Hall of Fame QB, and TJ Watt has to be the front runner for DPOY.

Better to play everyone, bury them by the third, and get rest down the stretch.

You simply can’t take the chance.

lcarus 01-09-2022 11:58 PM

Why do I not like this? I mean, the Chiefs are a much better team. The Steelers are awful. We just beat them like a redheaded stepchild two weeks ago. But I feel like some ****ery is afoot.

big nasty kcnut 01-10-2022 12:02 AM

Let send ben off to the glue factory. I want pain.

Direckshun 01-10-2022 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 16065925)
Why do I not like this? I mean, the Chiefs are a much better team. The Steelers are awful. We just beat them like a redheaded stepchild two weeks ago. But I feel like some ****ery is afoot.

Because playoff losses come and go but PTSD is forever.

The Steelers aren’t without their upsides. If you don’t get pressure on Ben he can still give you issues, and he doesn’t get shaken. TJ Watt may embarrasss the LT we traded a 1st for.

But we have more ways to beat these guys. They really only have one path, and it’s built in a tripod of Najee eating, Claypool balling, and TJ Watt wrecking.

Take any one of those legs out and their chances evaporate.

Wallcrawler 01-10-2022 12:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16065917)
We are better than these guys but they are feisty as hell. I hate Big Ben but he is a Hall of Fame QB, and TJ Watt has to be the front runner for DPOY.

Better to play everyone, bury them by the third, and get rest down the stretch.

You simply can’t take the chance.

Ben is washed. He's not even a shell of what he once was. A tie tonight would have been the better end to his career, going out with back to back wins.

Getting thoroughly assraped at Arrowhead isn't how anyone wants to go out.

Perhaps it's karma that Big Rape go out on the receiving end of a brutal non consensual ass ****ing.

jjchieffan 01-10-2022 12:04 AM

I thought that it looked like Watt had a groin pull while on the Strahan tying sack. He sure was grabbing at that area after the play. Also, didn't Harris get dinged up today as well?

BuckeyeTheDog 01-10-2022 12:05 AM

We should be playing the early game and let sunny Tampa play the night game.

Sunday night in mid-January in Kansas City? Yikes. Potentially, anyways.

eDave 01-10-2022 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BuckeyeTheDog (Post 16065942)
We should be playing the early game and let sunny Tampa play the night game.

Sunday night in mid-January in Kansas City? Yikes. Potentially, anyways.

Should be around 27 degrees with clear skies. Shouldn't be a factor except for the fans. The kind of night the tailgating smokes lingers in the stadium.

Direckshun 01-10-2022 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wallcrawler (Post 16065938)
Ben is washed. He's not even a shell of what he once was. A tie tonight would have been the better end to his career, going out with back to back wins.

Getting thoroughly assraped at Arrowhead isn't how anyone wants to go out.

Perhaps it's karma that Big Rape go out on the receiving end of a brutal non consensual ass ****ing.

I agree he has not been good, but he’s not completely useless *if* you can engineer him time in the pocket. I don’t know how you’re going to do that, but our passrush has been inexplicable at times. If it’s not on, and he gets in a rhythm, you’re in for a tougher battle than you’d think.

If you put heat on him for four quarters, you’ve almost certainly won the game. He can’t evade pressure anymore. But if he gets in a rhythm, which he’s done a few times the last month of the season, he can still make plays.

Chief Pagan 01-10-2022 12:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jjchieffan (Post 16065941)
I thought that it looked like Watt had a groin pull while on the Strahan tying sack. He sure was grabbing at that area after the play. Also, didn't Harris get dinged up today as well?

Yea, and he was grabbing at that area with both hands later in the game after getting a big pass block (and limping out of the game).

Although give the guy credit for still being able to go.

Direckshun 01-10-2022 12:16 AM

What do we know they’re going to do? This is a Mike Tomlin team.

They’re going to try to beat up Kelce off the line of scrimmage. They will risk a hundred penalties if they have to; they have nothing to lose.

They’re also to heave a dozen YOLO jump balls to the pylons.

We also know they’re going to get favorable refereeing. The one thing that could blow up this game for the Steelers is Watt going off for like 3 sacks and forcing Brown into false starts. Brown already gets away with maybe-maybe-maybe jumping early but the refs simply won’t let that happen against the Steelers.

stevieray 01-10-2022 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16065965)

They’re going to try to beat up Kelce off the line of scrimmage. They will risk a hundred penalties if they have to; they have nothing to lose.

We also know they’re going to get favorable refereeing. The one thing that could blow up this game for the Steelers is Watt going off for like 3 sacks and forcing Brown into false starts. Brown already gets away with maybe-maybe-maybe jumping early but the refs simply won’t let that happen against the Steelers.

Losers say: Don't miss.

Winners say: I'm making this.

Direckshun 01-10-2022 12:19 AM

https://i.redd.it/ca3lawmwssa81.jpg

Hammock Parties 01-10-2022 12:20 AM

Direckshun needs to stop taking estrogen.

FloridaMan88 01-10-2022 12:21 AM

Rapelithsberger probably already had his post-retirement plans lined up to start this week… coeds in Georgia to see, etc.

mr. tegu 01-10-2022 12:22 AM

The only way this is close, and it concerns me slightly, is that it’s the Sunday night game which could lead to some, let’s say, questionable calls against us. But I think we are so much better it would just be the difference between covering the spread or not and not really ever at risk of actually losing.

Direckshun 01-10-2022 12:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16065973)
Direckshun needs to stop taking estrogen.

Chiefs should win this game, but I’m not the rah-rah poster. I’m the analysis poster, for all of my flaws and incorrect predictions.

If your analysis is that the Steelers have absolutely nothing going for them this game, then I think that’s shit analysis.

If you just want rah-rah shit, happily place me on ignore.

lcarus 01-10-2022 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16065936)
Because playoff losses come and go but PTSD is forever.

My playoff PTSD is the wall my therapist breaks his head against.

Direckshun 01-10-2022 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 16065975)
The only way this is close, and it concerns me slightly, is that it’s the Sunday night game which could lead to some, let’s say, questionable calls against us. But I think we are so much better it would just be the difference between covering the spread or not and not really ever at risk of actually losing.

I think we have the advantage everywhere on the field except for TJ Watt vs Orlando Brown.

Brown has been getting the benefit of the doubt from officials the past month for jumping a wee bit early. But that’s not going to fly against the Steelers, who ALWAYS have favorable officiating.

That’s really the only thing that has me concerned this week. Everywhere else we have the advantage.

carcosa 01-10-2022 12:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16065978)
Chiefs should win this game, but I’m not the rah-rah poster. I’m the analysis poster, for all of my flaws and incorrect predictions.

If your analysis is that the Steelers have absolutely nothing going for them this game, then I think that’s shit analysis.

If you just want rah-rah shit, happily place me on ignore.

Analyze deez nutz

lcarus 01-10-2022 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16065980)
I think we have the advantage everywhere on the field except for TJ Watt vs Orlando Brown.

Brown has been getting the benefit of the doubt from officials the past month for jumping a wee bit early. But that’s not going to fly against the Steelers, who ALWAYS have favorable officiating.

That’s really the only thing that has me concerned this week. Everywhere else we have the advantage.

I feel like the NFL has been way more lenient on false starts in general going back to last season. Seems like every team gets away with some in almost every game now. The Bengals sure did get away with a few in their game against KC.

Direckshun 01-10-2022 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lcarus (Post 16065987)
I feel like the NFL has been way more lenient on false starts in general going back to last season. Seems like every team gets away with some in almost every game now. The Bengals sure did get away with a few in their game against KC.

Those false starts were egregious non-calls rather than lenient whistle-swallowing. Those refs should have their jobs questioned.

I just have trouble thinking that Mahomes and the D will step up aggressively after their poor play against the Broncos. It’s just hard to imagine Mahomes not dropping 20+ on them in the first half. And even with “playoff Roethlesberger” under center it’s hard to see the defense failing to put a ton of pressure on him.

DTVietnam 01-10-2022 02:17 AM

By Saturday night we will know our round 2 opponent. .

Dante84 01-10-2022 02:45 AM

Patrick Mahomes

FloridaMan88 01-10-2022 02:59 AM

Quote:

Let them try that bullshit.

https://cdn.vox-cdn.com/thumbor/5H_o...ceisdumb.0.gif

BlackOp 01-10-2022 03:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mr. tegu (Post 16065975)

Unless they've cloned Clete into an entire officiating crew...there arent enough flags to push the Steelers further....he's done....has been for for a few seasons.

They willed him into the post season but this isn't like the farewell Manning sham...NFL gets a bump in ratings for week...that's it....and a celebratory send off on SNF.

I expect some nice video montages and waxing poetically about his contributions to the NFL...while ignoring the rapes. They positioned this game in prime time for a reason...

Nickhead 01-10-2022 03:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 16066053)
Unless they've cloned Clete into an entire officiating crew...there arent enough flags to push the Steelers further....he's done....has been for for a few seasons.

They willed him into the post season but this isn't like the farewell Manning sham...NFL gets a bump in ratings for week...that's it....and a celebratory send off on SNF.

I expect some nice video montages and waxing poetically about his contributions to the NFL...while ignoring the rapes. They positioned this game in prime time for a reason...

no different than the raiders sneaking in, simply to give a big ole **** you to gruden :thumb:

JolieMolie 01-10-2022 05:18 AM

The Steelers remind me of a cockroach in your kitchen you can't quite kill. Their coach is a thug, and since it is a Sunday night game, it will be Cris Collinsworth gushing his man crush about Ben Roethlisberger. So, I want the Chiefs to win 56-0.

Sassy Squatch 01-10-2022 05:43 AM

Other lines for Wild Card weekend.

Meanwhile we're sitting at -13. By far the heaviest favorites to win. We already mauled them without Kelce and Hill on a substantial pitch count.There's absolutely no excuse in the world that will fly if they manage to choke this one away.

TwistedChief 01-10-2022 05:58 AM

Quote:

First, you were quaking in your boots about having to face the top stack of QBs in the AFC. Now we've been gifted Ben Roethlisberger and you're still conjuring up scenarios where we lose this game.

Come on, man. There offense runs in slow motion and their defense isn't very good.

CupidStunt 01-10-2022 07:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Direckshun (Post 16065980)

He rushes exclusively vs RT. Of course he'll do that vs Wylie. Reid will have a good plan, he always does vs good individual rushers.

dannybcaitlyn 01-10-2022 07:24 AM

As long as the team don’t look past the Steelers and we don’t draw Clete Blakeman or Carl Cheffers officiating crew, we should be good!

Dunerdr 01-10-2022 08:26 AM

I expect it to be a little better game than last time Watt should be more healthy and Ben did make a few plays in his last game, but ultimately I think the chiefs should win by 10.

Reerun_KC 01-10-2022 08:29 AM

They shouldn’t even be in the playoffs.

ThaVirus 01-10-2022 08:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Salt Weapon (Post 16064275)
I could see the NFL doing something like that for their affirmative action poster child Tomlin.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JolieMolie (Post 16066065)
Their coach is a thug.

Whew. Tell me you're a racist dipshit without telling me you're a racist dipshit..

Guy's been coaching for 15 years and hasn't had a losing season. He's a former Super Bowl champion.

smithandrew051 01-10-2022 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 16066214)
Whew. Tell me you're a racist dipshit without telling me you're a racist dipshit..

Guy's been coaching for 15 years and hasn't had a losing season. He's a former Super Bowl champion.

I don’t get hating Tomlin. He’s just a really good coach.

**** Big Ben though

louie aguiar 01-10-2022 08:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JolieMolie (Post 16066065)
The Steelers remind me of a cockroach in your kitchen you can't quite kill. Their coach is a thug, and since it is a Sunday night game, it will be Cris Collinsworth gushing his man crush about Ben Roethlisberger. So, I want the Chiefs to win 56-0.

What? How is Mike Tomlin a thug? He seems like a good guy.

notorious 01-10-2022 08:53 AM

The Steelers will drag this game into the muck.

It's the only way they stand a chance.

It's not going to be as easy as people think.

BleedingRed 01-10-2022 08:54 AM

Payback time

redfan 01-10-2022 08:55 AM

Wow, I didn't know they led the league in sacks.

Sassy Squatch 01-10-2022 08:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 16066240)
The Steelers will drag this game into the muck.

It's the only way they stand a chance.

It's not going to be as easy as people think.

Easy? No, it's the playoffs. But this will be one of the most relatively easy opponents the Mahomes Chiefs will ever face in the playoffs barring some freak injury that neuters a team in the future.