ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Other Sports ***Official 2021-2022 NBA Thread*** (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340368)

dirk digler 11-18-2021 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15961158)
Eh - he's Scottie Pippen 2.0.

A hell of a 2nd chair but just doesn't have the fire to be the lead dog. Give him James and Hield as top supporting options w/ a legitimate bench and he'd be a hell of an asset.

This is the same argument I had with Cardinals fans who were pissed Harrison Bader wasn't putting up a .900 OPS while playing elite CF defense. Look - the problem wasn't Bader, a competent lineup can carry a guy like him when he plays that kind of defense at a key defensive position. The problem was the lineup around him.

The problem isn't that Anthony Davis isn't an alpha - in theory that's LeBron's job. The problem is that he's surrounded by scrubs.

AD could be such a dominant force when wants to. The problem is he doesn't seem to have that want to very much.

BTW it was a travesty that he made the 75th Anniversary team and D Howard didn't.

DJ's left nut 11-18-2021 10:23 AM

Eh, I'm never going to go to bat for Dwight Howard. Apart from being just a weird dude and by many accounts a lousy teammate, he just wasn't a skilled player.

This isn't Shaq here who had a variety of low-post moves he could go to. And he didn't even play during the 'no zone defense' years like Shaq did in his prime. He was out there just being a big body allowed to hover in the defensive zone and alter shots or set up for rebounds. And when he was putting up big rebound numbers he was on an undersized team that just cleared out and let him scoop them all up.

He was a more chiseled version of Horace Grant. He is a put-back player on offense with no handles, no passing ability and no real moves to speak of. On defense he played in an era that made it awfully easy for him as space/pace hadn't come into vogue yet and big guys could go into zone shells to keep their miles down.

He was never a key contributor (even a top 5 option) on a championship team. While he made the finals that one year in Orlando, he also took 3 pretty lousy 1st round losses including 2 during what would have been his peak years.

So many people have gotten onto 'Dwight Howard was underrated' train that he's become overrated. Yes, we're early in AD's career but just cutting it off through their respective age 28 seasons, Davis has been more accomplished, far more productive and versatile on offense and a comparable defensive player in an era where it's harder for big men to make a defensive impact.

I really don't have a problem with it, especially when you know they try to make these with an eye on the future. By age 29 Dwight Howard had effectively become an NBA journeyman who was well on his way to a bench role. I think it's fair to believe that Davis will age far better than that.

In five years I don't think this will be any kind of discussion at all, and that's presuming that it should be right this very minute.

BWillie 11-18-2021 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15961019)
Whenever I watch the Lakers this year (which has been less often with LeBron hurt of late, but still more than any other team outside of the Raptors), I spend most of my time effectively yelling at the TV over this guy's ridiculous play most of the night.

I don't understand why he shoots so much. He can't shoot. Never could. He could be such a useful and efficient player if he just --- wasn't stupid. I don't know why no coaches can get through to him.

DJ's left nut 11-18-2021 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BWillie (Post 15961498)
I don't understand why he shoots so much. He can't shoot. Never could. He could be such a useful and efficient player if he just --- wasn't stupid. I don't know why no coaches can get through to him.

Rondo has the same disease. Though to Rondo's credit, since he got out of Boston he's actually developed into a credible 3pt shooter (36% -- not good mind you, but credible enough to have to cover on the wings).

Westbrook being a sub .300% 3pt shooter and STILL insisting on taking 5 of them a game is just bizarre.

He's the most maddening stat-chaser I've ever seen. It's like that guy that took a shot at his own rim several years back and attempted a 'rebound' to try to get himself a triple double....except he does it every single night.

There's just nobody worse in the NBA to have on your team.

BWillie 11-18-2021 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15961510)
Rondo has the same disease. Though to Rondo's credit, since he got out of Boston he's actually developed into a credible 3pt shooter (36% -- not good mind you, but credible enough to have to cover on the wings).

Westbrook being a sub .300% 3pt shooter and STILL insisting on taking 5 of them a game is just bizarre.

He's the most maddening stat-chaser I've ever seen. It's like that guy that took a shot at his own rim several years back and attempted a 'rebound' to try to get himself a triple double....except he does it every single night.

There's just nobody worse in the NBA to have on your team.

Hey! That's my guy Ricky Davis from Iowa. Ricky is cool. Gotta go get that triple dub.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/XDtGHHnA9ms" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

dirk digler 11-19-2021 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15961265)
Eh, I'm never going to go to bat for Dwight Howard. Apart from being just a weird dude and by many accounts a lousy teammate, he just wasn't a skilled player.

This isn't Shaq here who had a variety of low-post moves he could go to. And he didn't even play during the 'no zone defense' years like Shaq did in his prime. He was out there just being a big body allowed to hover in the defensive zone and alter shots or set up for rebounds. And when he was putting up big rebound numbers he was on an undersized team that just cleared out and let him scoop them all up.

He was a more chiseled version of Horace Grant. He is a put-back player on offense with no handles, no passing ability and no real moves to speak of. On defense he played in an era that made it awfully easy for him as space/pace hadn't come into vogue yet and big guys could go into zone shells to keep their miles down.

He was never a key contributor (even a top 5 option) on a championship team. While he made the finals that one year in Orlando, he also took 3 pretty lousy 1st round losses including 2 during what would have been his peak years.

So many people have gotten onto 'Dwight Howard was underrated' train that he's become overrated. Yes, we're early in AD's career but just cutting it off through their respective age 28 seasons, Davis has been more accomplished, far more productive and versatile on offense and a comparable defensive player in an era where it's harder for big men to make a defensive impact.

I really don't have a problem with it, especially when you know they try to make these with an eye on the future. By age 29 Dwight Howard had effectively become an NBA journeyman who was well on his way to a bench role. I think it's fair to believe that Davis will age far better than that.

In five years I don't think this will be any kind of discussion at all, and that's presuming that it should be right this very minute.

The simple fact alone he took his team to the Finals and beat Lebron James in the ECF makes him more deserving than AD and he didn't have to leave to form a super team to do it. He even did that in Year 5. By year 5 AD had made 1 playoff appearance.

I think people forget how dominant DHoward was.

Quote:

During his prime Magic years (2006-07 through 2011-12), Howard posted 20.0 points (59.2 percent shooting), 13.6 rebounds and 2.4 blocks per game. He was Orlando's franchise cornerstone, leading the team to 50-plus wins in four straight regular seasons (2007-08 through 2010-11) and an NBA Finals appearance in 2009. Howard wasn't just the most dominant big man at the time — he was also a constant part of the NBA MVP discussion, finishing in the top five in MVP voting four times. He was second to only Derrick Rose in 2010-11.

KC_Connection 11-19-2021 12:37 PM

Dwight Howard was very good for a time. I'd rank his career above AD's for now. Doubt that will be the case for long though (even if AD spends most games half assing it).

tyecopeland 11-19-2021 07:57 PM

I'm not saying that the pistons are any good. But, the fact that curry, green, iggy, porter (and of course klay and wiseman) are all out and the Warriors are still winning handily says something.

dirk digler 11-19-2021 09:04 PM

Lebron is back and they still get blown out by a very mediocre Celtics team.

KCUnited 11-19-2021 10:24 PM

Bulls win in Denver for the first time since 2006

Woof

KC_Connection 11-19-2021 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 15964732)
Lebron is back and they still get blown out by a very mediocre Celtics team.

Still think they’ll be one of the favorites? Vegas still has them 2nd somehow but they’re just a total disaster of a team.

dirk digler 11-20-2021 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15964886)
Still think they’ll be one of the favorites? Vegas still has them 2nd somehow but they’re just a total disaster of a team.

Currently no that is GSW but ask me again right before the playoffs.

TomBarndtsTwin 11-21-2021 07:27 PM

Isaiah Stewart of Pistons crazily going after Lebron after Lecheapshot elbowed him in the face.

Lebron don’t want no part of it either.

He was ejected from the game. As was Stewart.

BigCatDaddy 11-21-2021 07:29 PM

Lebron will have an "injury" and won't play the time they see Detroit. I don't hate on him for the cheap shot...the shitty part was not owning it and firing back at Stewart. That would have been some old school shit.

tyecopeland 11-21-2021 07:36 PM

Sparked the Lakers though. Turned it around and got the win when they were down 13 at the time.

The clip I watched on espn had such LeBron biased announcers. 'Inadvertant elbow' and 'just jostling for position' and then the kicker when the overhead shot clearly showed LeBron going extra and hitting him 'well that angle didn't really show the two involved.' Bullshit it didnt.

dirk digler 11-21-2021 07:45 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">OH DEAR <a href="https://t.co/sbVYzrXLAm">https://t.co/sbVYzrXLAm</a></p>&mdash; Rob Perez (@WorldWideWob) <a href="https://twitter.com/WorldWideWob/status/1462580554902032386?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tyecopeland 11-22-2021 06:21 PM

1 game suspension for LeBron. 2 for the other dude.

KC_Connection 11-23-2021 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15969815)
Sparked the Lakers though. Turned it around and got the win when they were down 13 at the time.

The clip I watched on espn had such LeBron biased announcers. 'Inadvertant elbow' and 'just jostling for position' and then the kicker when the overhead shot clearly showed LeBron going extra and hitting him 'well that angle didn't really show the two involved.' Bullshit it didnt.

Although I’m not sure he meant to hit him in the face, LeBron definitely meant to give Stewart a shot. I’m not exactly sure what Stewart is doing on that play because if he was actually going after the rebound and trying to make a basketball play, his focus would have been on Jordan (the low man on the block there) rather than putting his forearm into LeBron (who is just returning from an abdominal injury in that general area).

Stewart has gotten into a number of altercations already in his short career including one with Blake Griffin a few weeks ago where he was ejected and Giannis last year, so it does appear he is out there effectively picking these fights. He’s lucky he didn’t get more than two games for completely losing his mind last night.

tyecopeland 11-23-2021 01:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15972437)
Although I’m not sure he meant to hit him in the face, LeBron definitely meant to give Stewart a shot. I’m not exactly sure what Stewart is doing on that play because if he was actually going after the rebound and trying to make a basketball play, his focus would have been on Jordan (the low man on the block there) rather than putting his forearm into LeBron (who is just returning from an abdominal injury in that general area).

Stewart has gotten into a number of altercations already in his short career including one with Blake Griffin a few weeks ago where he was ejected and Giannis last year, so it does appear he is out there effectively picking these fights. He’s lucky he didn’t get more than two games for completely losing his mind last night.

An abdominal injury in the armpit? That's an interesting spot for one.

Regardless, I would have given LeBron 2 games and Stewart 4-5. If he hadn't went back at him two times I'd have said they both needed 2 games. But he kinda lost his damn mind.

DJ's left nut 11-23-2021 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15973239)

Regardless, I would have given LeBron 2 games and Stewart 4-5. If he hadn't went back at him two times I'd have said they both needed 2 games. But he kinda lost his damn mind.

I'd probably just go ahead and suspend Westbrook for 60. Just to be safe.

KC_Connection 11-23-2021 10:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15973239)

“General area.” In any case, LeBron didn’t like what the guy was doing (it certainly wasn’t a basketball play in that context) and I don’t particularly blame him for that.

Quote:

Stewart got off pretty easy with 2 considering he completely went nuts and his track record of being a bit of a shit disturber over the past year.

LeBron, on the other hand, has no history of any of this kind of shit dating back 19 years. I imagine that played into his 1 gamer.

Pitt Gorilla 11-24-2021 11:38 PM

Man, that Wolves game was exactly what I needed. Their defense has been incredible.

On an unrelated note, this Warriors cast of castoffs is really fun to watch. Anybody in the league could've had these non-Curry/Green guys, and that's without the wave of youth coming down the pike.

Pitt Gorilla 11-24-2021 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 15973413)
I'd probably just go ahead and suspend Westbrook for 60. Just to be safe.

Still don't understand why they went for Westbrook over Hield (and that's with Russ playing better tonight). Dude would have been a great fit with that outfit.

BigCatDaddy 11-25-2021 07:49 AM

What a weak ass bitch.

https://amp-usatoday-com.cdn.ampproj...F8756765002%2F

tyecopeland 11-25-2021 07:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 15975480)

Fans probably legitimately crossed a line but who knows.

He thinks we're stupid. Or all LeBron apologists. He can't handle criticism at all.

From espn

Quote:

"There was a boxout on the free throw line. His elbow got kind of high, it got me -- if you look, if you watch the film -- it got me off balanced a little bit, and his elbow lifted my arm, and I basically tried to swim move, swim down on him, on his arm," James said. "And when I swung down on his arm, he got off balance and the left side of my hand grazed his face. And I knew right away. So, I knew right away I had caught some part of his head. So, I went over to apologize to him, and obviously, you guys saw what happened after that. But definitely accidental."

TomBarndtsTwin 11-25-2021 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 15975480)

Lol. LeBron tattles on fans. LMAO

Have no idea what they said, but as long as it wasn’t racial (and it doesn’t appear to be, as I’m sure we would have heard all about it if it was) that’s just weak.

Guys like Miller and Jordan, back in the day, got it 10 times worse from fans than Bron ever did in this new touchy, feely basketball world.

Soft, King, soft. Like Charmin level.

BigCatDaddy 11-25-2021 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 15975497)

Have no idea what they said, but as long as it wasn’t racial (and it doesn’t appear to be, as I’m sure we would have heard all about it if it was) that’s just weak.

Guys like Miller and Jordan, back in the day, got it 10 times worse from fans than Bron ever did in this new touchy, feely basketball world.

Those guys loved it and fed off of it. Different mentalities all together.

New World Order 11-25-2021 08:54 AM

King Charmin?

tyecopeland 11-25-2021 09:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 15975518)
Those guys loved it and fed off of it. Different mentalities all together.

Yeah but the fans also knew that they would get yelled at right back and didn't go slamming players for the shit that got said to them.

MarkDavis'Haircut 11-25-2021 09:21 AM

Hong Kong LeBron is soft as the Raiders defense.

Al Bundy 11-25-2021 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla (Post 15975401)
Man, that Wolves game was exactly what I needed. Their defense has been incredible.

On an unrelated note, this Warriors cast of castoffs is really fun to watch. Anybody in the league could've had these non-Curry/Green guys, and that's without the wave of youth coming down the pike.

Gary Payton II is awesome to watch.

KC_Connection 11-25-2021 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 15975497)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">So some of you are saying that if someone showed up to your workplace and told you they hope that your child dies in a car wreck you shouldn’t ask to have those people removed from the property? Hopefully that detail will change your opinion a little. <a href="https://t.co/Si1dtg81Ln">pic.twitter.com/Si1dtg81Ln</a></p>&mdash; Shane (@snutts) <a href="https://twitter.com/snutts/status/1463772228278009856?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Apparently they said they hoped his son died in a car wreck. I know you all rather hilariously hate LeBron for ending up with a better career than MJ, but these idiots deserved worse than what they got.

KC_Connection 11-25-2021 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15975534)
Yeah but the fans also knew that they would get yelled at right back and didn't go slamming players for the shit that got said to them.

Worth pointing out in this regard that LeBron went 39-5-6 last night, scoring 8 in OT to win the game. I don't think it had much of a deterring effect.

staylor26 11-25-2021 11:22 AM

Any proof that they said they hope his son dies in a car wreck?

displacedinMN 11-25-2021 11:25 AM

Lebron is an attention hound. F him

KC_Connection 11-25-2021 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15975635)
Any proof that they said they hope his son dies in a car wreck?

See the tweet above with what appears to be an Instagram comment from someone at the game who heard. Now that person could be lying too, but LeBron is one of the most famous athletes in history and gets taunted every game he plays to basically no reaction from him. It stands to reason that one of them crossed a line there for him to react like that.

Spott 11-25-2021 11:26 AM

Soft ass bitch. Always has been and always will be.

staylor26 11-25-2021 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15975640)
See the tweet above with what appears to be an Instagram comment from someone at the game who heard. Now that person could be lying too, but LeBron is one of the most famous athletes in history and gets taunted every game he plays by the fans. It stands to reason that one of them crossed a line there.

Yea I’m not going to just take the word of somebody on IG, sorry.

KC_Connection 11-25-2021 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15975642)
Yea I’m not going to just take the word of somebody on IG, sorry.

I don't blame you for that, but it isn't exactly hard to figure out that what was said was likely well outside the norm.

KC_Connection 11-25-2021 11:32 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If those fans indeed told LeBron they hope Bronny dies in a car crash, they should be grateful they didn’t end up in a hospital and they also should be banned from sporting events for life.</p>&mdash; Chris Williamson (@CWilliamson44) <a href="https://twitter.com/CWilliamson44/status/1463911356311166981?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

BigCatDaddy 11-25-2021 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15975649)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">If those fans indeed told LeBron they hope Bronny dies in a car crash, they should be grateful they didn’t end up in a hospital and they also should be banned from sporting events for life.</p>&mdash; Chris Williamson (@CWilliamson44) <a href="https://twitter.com/CWilliamson44/status/1463911356311166981?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 25, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Was he going to sucker punch them to then hide?

KC_Connection 11-25-2021 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy (Post 15975657)
Was he going to sucker punch them to then hide?

Nah but he should have had someone do it for him.

MarkDavis'Haircut 11-25-2021 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15975649)

Williamson thinks Hong Kong LeBron is going to sleep with him for going full white knight.

Permanent banishment for that is weak.

tyecopeland 11-25-2021 05:13 PM

Lol.
Lebron
Quote:

“When obscene gestures and language come into it, (it) can’t be tolerated,” James told reporters.
Also LeBron

Quote:

James pointed at the two fans and told the referee: “This one right f—king here!”

staylor26 11-25-2021 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15975980)
Lol.
Lebron

Also LeBron

The problem with being very opinionated/vocal and trying to sound smart when you’re not is you constantly sound like a ****ing moron.

Easy 6 11-25-2021 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15975631)
I know you all rather hilariously hate LeBron for ending up with a better career than MJ

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FkMWsO_-X7Y" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

New World Order 11-25-2021 05:56 PM

KC, I still need to pick an avatar for you

KC_Connection 11-25-2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Easy 6 (Post 15975990)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/FkMWsO_-X7Y" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's averaging 25-5-6 in his 19th season at age 37 and is literally shattering every individual basketball record ever set. He's the GOAT all right and there's very little doubt about that at this point.

I do find it amusingly pathetic that some are still clinging to the idea that MJ had the better career nearly five years past the point that stopped being even a tenable statistical argument. Not nearly as pathetic as those shitting on a guy for getting bothered by someone in the crowd saying they wished his son died, though.

Easy 6 11-25-2021 06:40 PM

He's earned the right to shine Jordans shoes, nothing more

staylor26 11-25-2021 07:41 PM

No matter how many times KCC calls Lebron the GOAT reality stays the same…

TomBarndtsTwin 11-25-2021 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15976369)
No matter how many times KCC calls Lebron the GOAT reality stays the same…

BUT . . . . . . . STATS!!!!

MarkDavis'Haircut 11-25-2021 09:04 PM

Jordan's Space Jam movie wasn't good but it was at least a movie.

LeBron's version is a commercial.

tyecopeland 11-25-2021 10:14 PM

Jordan was the undisputed best of his era.

LeBron was the undisputed best of his era.

Many people, me included, will always like Jordan better because we enjoyed that era more.

I have no idea who would have been better in each others NBA. Is why I don't get into goat arguments much. Things change too much to ever really say who was the best over history.

BigCatDaddy 11-25-2021 10:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15976106)
He's averaging 25-5-6 in his 19th season at age 37 and is literally shattering every individual basketball record ever set. He's the GOAT all right and there's very little doubt about that at this point.

I do find it amusingly pathetic that some are still clinging to the idea that MJ had the better career nearly five years past the point that stopped being even a tenable statistical argument. Not nearly as pathetic as those shitting on a guy for getting bothered by someone in the crowd saying they wished his son died, though.

It's so obvious that about 1 in 10 people may agree with you.

BigCatDaddy 11-25-2021 10:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15975983)
The problem with being very opinionated/vocal and trying to sound smart when you’re not is you constantly sound like a ****ing moron.

There are some smart, well spoken athletes that take up just causes and articulate their positions quite well. However Lebron and Kaepernick are two great examples of why sometimes it is better to keep your mouth shut and let people just think you are a moron as opposed to opening your mouth and proving it.

KC_Connection 11-26-2021 01:09 AM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">No basketball player has dominated better competition for a longer amount of time than LeBron James. Therefore he&#39;s the best player ever. You can argue MJ had a slightly better peak, but he was playing against plumbers &amp; tax attorneys.</p>&mdash; Joe (@BarryOnHere) <a href="https://twitter.com/BarryOnHere/status/1461135416514469890?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 18, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

TomBarndtsTwin 11-26-2021 08:23 PM

Well, if a true basketball scholar and respected opiner like Barry says it’s true, then it must be.

No need to discuss it any further. Thanks for setting us straight on LeFlop.

BigCatDaddy 11-26-2021 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin (Post 15977696)
Well, if a true basketball scholar and respected opiner like Barry says it’s true, then it must be.

No need to discuss it any further. Thanks for setting us straight on LeFlop.

Him and KCC seem to enjoy having opinions nobody else does when it comes to the NBA and NFL GOATS.

BigCatDaddy 11-27-2021 07:34 AM

The attempt at the Sam Cassell celebration was painful to watch. He obviously has some mental issues that are coming to the surface now. The yuppie white couple in the front row finally broke him.

tyecopeland 11-27-2021 07:36 AM

LAL has lost 7 times when leading by 10 or more points.

GS is 6-0 in games that they've trailed by 10 or more points. And 2 wins by 20 or more when trailing by 10.

tyecopeland 11-27-2021 09:55 PM

I should probably watch a suns game. They look pretty good in highlights. And a 16 game win steak is impressive.

Pitt Gorilla 11-27-2021 11:08 PM

Wolves win again!

MVChiefFan 11-28-2021 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tyecopeland (Post 15978935)
I should probably watch a suns game. They look pretty good in highlights. And a 16 game win steak is impressive.

Yeah, I’m stoked about the Suns play right now. Starting 1-3 and the Robert Sarver thing had me legitimately worried about the season. They’re playing lights out right now!

And now that I’ve said something about their winning streak, they’re for sure going to lose their next game. I’ve been holding off on bringing it up in this thread because I know I will jinx them.

KCUnited 11-28-2021 06:27 AM

The Heat with Lowry are a tough out

Caruso poster from last night

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="it" dir="ltr">&quot;Te voglio bene assaje, ma tanto tanto bene sai&quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/caruso?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#caruso</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBAtipo?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NBAtipo</a><a href="https://t.co/pX8Rrp55X7">pic.twitter.com/pX8Rrp55X7</a></p>&mdash; La Giornata Tipo (@parallelecinico) <a href="https://twitter.com/parallelecinico/status/1464896930379669505?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 28, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

tyecopeland 11-28-2021 07:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCUnited (Post 15979082)

Caruso poster from last night

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="it" dir="ltr">&quot;Te voglio bene assaje, ma tanto tanto bene sai&quot;<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/caruso?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#caruso</a> <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/NBAtipo?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#NBAtipo</a><a href="https://t.co/pX8Rrp55X7">pic.twitter.com/pX8Rrp55X7</a></p>&mdash; La Giornata Tipo (@parallelecinico) <a href="https://twitter.com/parallelecinico/status/1464896930379669505?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">November 28, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gotta think he could be helping the Lakers.

dirk digler 11-28-2021 08:55 AM

If you shoot 2-13 from 3 and lose to the Kings do you lose your GOAT status? Asking for a friend. :D

Spott 11-28-2021 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 15979173)
If you shoot 2-13 from 3 and lose to the Kings do you lose your GOAT status? Asking for a friend. :D

You can’t lose something that you never had.

tyecopeland 11-28-2021 10:00 AM

Quote:

Only if you go 0-4 from 3 in OT.

MTG#10 11-28-2021 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVChiefFan (Post 15979022)
Yeah, I’m stoked about the Suns play right now. Starting 1-3 and the Robert Sarver thing had me legitimately worried about the season. They’re playing lights out right now!

And now that I’ve said something about their winning streak, they’re for sure going to lose their next game. I’ve been holding off on bringing it up in this thread because I know I will jinx them.

Very possible anyway, their next game is against GS.

Coogs 11-28-2021 11:18 AM

At the quarter pole of the season, the East is very tight through 13 teams. West has a bit more clarity.

https://www.espn.com/nba/standings

MVChiefFan 11-28-2021 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15979304)
Very possible anyway, their next game is against GS.

:D Totally forgot about that. Man, I timed that right!

KC_Connection 11-28-2021 03:12 PM

Quote:

Did Curry going 3 for 11 from 3 in the deciding game 6 of the 2019 NBA Finals against the Raptors or 4 for 14 from 3 in the deciding Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals against the Cavs no longer make him the best shooter of all time? No, but I'm certainly glad he did.

dirk digler 11-28-2021 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15979738)
Did Curry going 3 for 11 from 3 in the deciding game 6 of the 2019 NBA Finals against the Raptors or 4 for 14 from 3 in the deciding Game 7 of the 2016 NBA Finals against the Cavs no longer make him the best shooter of all time? No, but I'm certainly glad he did.

Your missing the most important part..they lost to the freaking Kings. :p

I saw this the other day. They maybe in trouble to even make the playoffs if they don't right the ship.

Quote:

[Haberstroh] Here's the most alarming part about the Lakers' 10-11 start: they've had the softest schedule defensively and yet they rank 20th on that end of the floor. After tomorrow, they'll have played HOU 2x, OKC 2x and DET 2x. Only team in NBA who will have played the worst 3 offenses 2x.

KC_Connection 11-28-2021 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dirk digler (Post 15979958)
Your missing the most important part..they lost to the freaking Kings. :p

I saw this the other day. They maybe in trouble to even make the playoffs if they don't right the ship.

Of course they lost to the Kings, their team is complete garbage and the Westbrook trade is one of the worst trades in decades (which I have maintained since that hilarious deal was made). They might make the playoffs but it will probably be as a play-in team if they do.

dirk digler 11-30-2021 08:34 PM

Nets-Knicks game has a playoff vibe. Really good game

Don’t think I can stay awake to watch GSW-Suns

dirk digler 11-30-2021 08:37 PM

Lebron has had a rough season now has covid and could miss 10 days.

KC_Connection 11-30-2021 11:19 PM

Curry is 4 for 21 in this beatdown by the Suns. Did he think it was the postseason already or something?

MVChiefFan 11-30-2021 11:22 PM

Bridges is a top notch defender. Good win by the Suns, especially with Booker’s injury.

scho63 12-01-2021 08:02 AM

I haven't had much to be excited about in the last 25-30 years but my Bullets aka Wizards are clicking pretty well these days. Bradley Beal is great and still underrated.

Haven't watched much in the last 10 years but they have peaked my interest to start watching again.

tyecopeland 12-01-2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KC_Connection (Post 15984314)
Curry is 4 for 21 in this beatdown by the Suns. Did he think it was the postseason already or something?

He ended up -17 in plus/minus last night. They looked a hell of a lot better with him on the bench than with him on the floor which is a rarity. But the Warriors couldn't have played a sloppier game.