ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football COVID Memo from the NFL (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=339148)

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2021 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 15751050)
This vaccine (the current one's) doesn't eliminate anything. That's much of the point - the complete difference between an effective vaccine and this one.

I'm not anti-pizza - I'm anti-dominoes. I'm not anti-beer - I'm anti-Coors...

No vaccine is 100% effective and it's been public knowledge that the Pfizer and Moderna vaccines are somewhere around 90% effective, so there's a 10% chance that if you're exposed, you have may symptoms.

But 10% is a helluva lot better odds than 100% and if enough people aren't vaccinated soon, the current vaccine's protection will plunge due to the virus mutating, which is what we're seeing now.

This is a Grade A cluster****.

Rausch 07-22-2021 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15751052)
It ****ing sucks for the rest of us, regardless of the shape, size or color of the person who's refusing the vaccine.

The Pox vaccine WORKED. It prevented the illness.

This doesn't. It's not a cure. It only helps your body recognize and fight it faster. If every single human on earth had this vaccine it wouldn't prevent anything other than overall mortality.

My life is not as important as everyone else's freedom. Neither is yours. And it's not worth sacrificing the future for.

sedated 07-22-2021 04:45 PM

Since a bunch of people got banned in the Covid thread, I had almost forgotten how many dumbshits there are around.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rausch (Post 15751058)

This doesn't. It's not a cure. It only helps your body recognize and fight it faster. If every single human on earth had this vaccine it wouldn't prevent anything other than overall mortality.

My life is not as important as everyone else's freedom. Neither is yours. And it's not worth sacrificing the future for.

Oh, good ****ing God.

My entire family, including my parents who are in their 70's, have been vaccinated without issue. The hundreds of millions who've received the vaccine haven't "sacrificed" anything.

This has nothing to do with "Freedom" for ****'s Sake, although I won't shed a single tear for any ****ing dipshit that chooses not to vaccinate, then dies from the virus.

Natural Selection at its finest.

sedated 07-22-2021 04:47 PM

Quote:

I'll skip over the lunacy of a vaccine being "not effective" because it's only 95% effective and prevents hospitalizations/deaths, but no one is being forced to do anything. No one's freedoms are being taken away, people are not tied to a table and given the vaccine against their will or being thrown in jail. Get a f'n grip.

RealSNR 07-22-2021 04:48 PM

Quote:

If every single human on earth had this vaccine it wouldn't prevent anything other than overall mortality.

Yes it would

KC_Connection 07-22-2021 04:51 PM

Are some of the dumb ****s here defending the other athlete dumb ****s by characterizing it as a freedom issue?

These idiot players who aren't vaccinated are more than welcome to continue being dumb ****s and hurting themselves and others. The NFL just isn't going to let them damage the revenues of a multi-billion dollar professional sports league while doing it. That's their prerogative.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2021 04:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15751070)
Yes it would

His post might be the dumbest post I've read about COVID.

It's like ****ing Disinformation Central.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 07-22-2021 04:54 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NFL</a> is dead ass wrong w/ that new memo they sent out to teams today. What’s new tho!? Basically forcing these needles into players arms at this point. Every player/personnel should have an ACTUAL “choice” in the matter. They are sending a CLEAR message today.</p>&mdash; Darius Butler (@DariusJButler) <a href="https://twitter.com/DariusJButler/status/1418308428167008260?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

KC_Connection 07-22-2021 04:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15751081)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">The <a href="https://twitter.com/NFL?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">@NFL</a> is dead ass wrong w/ that new memo they sent out to teams today. What’s new tho!? Basically forcing these needles into players arms at this point. Every player/personnel should have an ACTUAL “choice” in the matter. They are sending a CLEAR message today.</p>&mdash; Darius Butler (@DariusJButler) <a href="https://twitter.com/DariusJButler/status/1418308428167008260?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Yes, they're sending the message that they won't let a bunch of idiots like this guy hold their league hostage. Good for them and good for the fans.

Bowser 07-22-2021 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 15750974)
This thread is going about as expected, I see.

Yep

BigRedChief 07-22-2021 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15751052)
I had every single vaccination that existed when I started kindergarten in 1971.

We all stood in a long line in the gym to wait our turn to get the Smallpox vaccine, which was administered with a gun that left a scar the size of a quarter, which is still visible on my arm, along with every other shot and "sugar cube" with a vaccine.

No one cried, no one refused - it was just a part of going to a public school Now, kids are vaccinated by their doctors and have to show their vaccination card before each and every school year and if they're not up to date, need to be vaccinated before the school year begins.

I'll never in a million years understand why this is a such a difficult process for millions upon millions of people and I really don't care. But the fact of the matter is that ALL of us who've been vaccinated are still at risk because the virus is mutating, just like every other virus, because people are "choosing" not to get the vaccine.

It ****ing sucks for the rest of us, regardless of the shape, size or color of the person who's refusing the vaccine.

same here in my childhood. Same scar. We were willing to permanently scar our kindergarteners to get vaccines or no public school for your kid. My son had to have them all done and verified before starting kindergarten. As an adult I had to find my childhood vaccine record to get my first passport.

stevieray 07-22-2021 05:10 PM

oh look, another thread where the oh so "noble" pretend to care about their fellow man.

Rausch 07-22-2021 05:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 15751101)
oh look, another thread where the oh so "noble" pretend to care about their fellow man.

Would you take medical advice from a Moran?

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/oKGH-hfTv9U" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Rainbarrel 07-22-2021 05:23 PM

If a team has to cancel because of covid. They have to pick up the other team's expenses? If it's salary also, I would not want an unvaccinated person on my team. At all.

- I guess that would be pilot, mover salaries. And 250 an hour separating Hopkins M&Ms into separate colors.

FloridaMan88 07-22-2021 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15751081)

JFC these dumbshits are apparently clueless as to what employers can require their employees to do as a prerequisite/requirement for employment.

If they don’t like what the NFL requires, then they have the “freedom” to quit.

Maybe the XFL is hiring.

Bearcat 07-22-2021 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stevieray (Post 15751101)

If it makes you feel any better, I selfishly want to attend full-capacity sporting events and attend concerts again and never see everything shut down again, so I can enjoy all of the things I've ever enjoyed, forever..... I'm just that selfish.

stevieray 07-22-2021 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bearcat (Post 15751128)
If it makes you feel any better, I selfishly want to attend full-capacity sporting events and attend concerts again and never see everything shut down again, so I can enjoy all of the things I've ever enjoyed, forever..... I'm just that selfish.

I get it.

That's a totally different thing, though.

flinchfree 07-22-2021 06:00 PM

Quote:

I wish you were smart enough to understand what you've writen.

The Pox vaccine worked, not by preventing illness, but by having our bodies be able to fight it off quickly upon entering our systems. You know, by creating a line of antibodies to defend against developing further symptoms and quickly overwhelming the virus and killing it.
As the populace became more vaccinated and Small Pox couldn't survive long in any one individual because of the boosted vaccine delivered immunity, it was more and more difficult for the virus to have time to spread to a new host as the window it was alive in an infected person became small. Thus, over time the virus retreated into small parts of the earth where vaccination was lagging while the remainder sits in laboratories for the purposes of producing more vaccine.

The Covid vaccine works EXACTLY the same way. It prepares your body to mount an immune response quickly so that the virus is unable to replicate and overtake your bodily systems and creating significant sickness. The shorter the time it has to be viable in your body, and the greater the numbers of people immunized, the more the virus will die before being able to be passed along to another host.

Were EVERYONE in the world to take the vaccine, much as the way small pox is mandated, the virus would pass back into the background world of unvaccinated animals it proliferates amongst, until a new mutated variant was able to break back into the human population through infections our vaccines will not match.

What the vaccine offers for all people is a chance to go back to regular life without having raging numbers of people getting sick in endless loops of the virus having a population to inhabit and mutate within.

But people are too stupid, too ignorant, too fearful, and too stubborn to want to actually help the situation by being one in all in, so we shall continue to wallow in this shit for years to come.
30% of the worlds population forcing an evolutionary change in our species.
Because that is what will happen, that 30% will continue to get picked off and removed from passing along their genes or teaching their children the same idiocy, and over time a new and smarter version of ourselves will be revealed.

I'll just keep eating popcorn and watching.

Jamie 07-22-2021 06:00 PM

Quote:

Historically, the vaccine has been effective in preventing smallpox infection in 95% of those vaccinated.

BlackOp 07-22-2021 06:23 PM

Interesting takes in here...

From a pragmatic standpoint...I'm trying to get the "end game" from the NFLs point of view.

1. Any NFL employee who wanted the vaccination has already had it...those that haven't, did by choice.

2. If said vaccine doesn't prevent catching or transferring...only lessens the severity, then everyone who took it is protected...as well as they can be.

3. If only unvaccinated people were able to spread it...this might make more sense. That is not the case...vaccinated people can spread it the same. It doesn't shield you from catching it..

4. So essentially nothing changes if they are vaccinated or not...only the ones who chose not to... might develop more serious effects.

So what exactly are they being punished for again? It seems logic has flown out the window here...

They are trying to paint it as vaccinated people dont spread it...which is false and the unvaccinated people are lepers...killing the herd.

chiefzilla1501 07-22-2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15751172)

From a pragmatic standpoint...I'm trying to get the "end game" from the NFLs point of view.

1. Any NFL employee who wanted the vaccination has already had it...those that haven't, did by choice.

2. If said vaccine doesn't prevent catching or transferring...only lessens the severity, then everyone who took it is protected...as well as they can be.

3. If only unvaccinated people were able to spread it...this might make more sense. That is not the case...vaccinated people can spread it the same. It doesn't shield you from catching it..

4. So essentially nothing changes if they are vaccinated or not...only the ones who chose not to... might develop more serious effects.

So what exactly are they being punished for again? It seems logic has flown out the window here...

They are trying to paint it as vaccinated people dont spread it...which is false and the unvaccinated people are lepers...killing the herd.

The problem is that you have superstars with $20m contracts, and we can't pretend it isn't a big deal if an entire starting lineup gets wiped out because they get legitimately sick.

We can't just dismiss that as... Oh, well they assumed the risk, so they just won't play or get paid. No, that ****s the owners, it ****s the fans, it ****s the NFL schedules, it ****s the host city. I don't think anyone is too worried about this outbreak among vaccinated players. But losing players like Josh allen and Cole Beasley is a hugely expensive price to pay.

Chief Roundup 07-22-2021 06:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 15750853)
Lmao nothing I typed is wrong. But carry on!

Oh but it is. You need to stop.

Chief Roundup 07-22-2021 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 15750877)
again,

The NFL age range of players doesn't support them getting vaccinated. Just like it doesn't support children getting it.

Why is this hard to understand?

Your information is once again incorrect and or out of date.

chiefzilla1501 07-22-2021 06:39 PM

I don't want this damn season to be decided by covid. I don't want the titans ****ing everybody up again. I don't want a final playoff spot decided because one team played against backups because of cases or sickness. I think fans are tired of this and it could all go away if teams would just meet the vaccination threshold. Actually, any team who has met it has a huge advantage going into the season.

Chief Roundup 07-22-2021 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15750885)
My dads platoon in Desert Storm took an experimental drug. Some did and some didn’t. Out of the 18 who took the drug, 10 of them are in a wheelchair. This is why I choose not to get the vaccine until it’s actually approved

You should look into the FDA and things that they approve and what those things have caused or how they are not really regulated.

Mecca 07-22-2021 06:41 PM

Current Bills players are currently threatening Cole Beasley with bodily harm if he makes them lose game checks.

BlackOp 07-22-2021 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 15751183)
The problem is that you have superstars with $20m contracts, and we can't pretend it isn't a big deal if an entire starting lineup gets wiped out because they get legitimately sick.

We can't just dismiss that as... Oh, well they assumed the risk, so they just won't play or get paid. No, that ****s the owners, it ****s the fans, it ****s the NFL schedules, it ****s the host city. I don't think anyone is too worried about this outbreak among vaccinated players. But losing players like Josh allen and Cole Beasley is a hugely expensive price to pay.

No, the problem is an employer forcing you to inject a substance into your body by financial coercion...because that is exactly what this is.

Dont sugercoat or rationalize...It's an extremely dangerous precedent to accept...no matter if it's football or any other system.

It's worth noting that there is no legal recourse/protection if said vaccination causes you complications....AND that it technically is still not FDA approved...which means it's classified as "experimental". This is their terminology..

If people accept this...they really need to think it through as it opens all kinds worms.

Chief Roundup 07-22-2021 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 15750889)
Not a single healthy child has died from covid.

Define child. There has been a 5 year old die from Covid.

Chief Roundup 07-22-2021 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 15750904)
No, but it I die of COVID then I die by my own free choice. I accept that and appreciate my work giving me the option. That's fair.

Also, I will refuse to even go to a hospital. I'm not putting that on anyone else.

Tough talk. More likely to be one of those that are begging doctors for the vaccine when they are intubating.

staylor26 07-22-2021 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15751193)
Current Bills players are currently threatening Cole Beasley with bodily harm if he makes them lose game checks.

Lol wtf? Link?

Chief Roundup 07-22-2021 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 15750943)
You understand John Hopkins released a study calling this bullshit right?

How did Johns Hopkins do a "study" for something that really just happened in relative terms?
Provide that link.

Chief Roundup 07-22-2021 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 15750970)
Are you saying the president is sharing Covid misinformation?!

:evil:

I believe his press secretary said that means he should be banned on all social platforms.

Stop with the political stuff.

Pablo 07-22-2021 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15751204)
How did Johns Hopkins do a "study" for something that really just happened in relative terms?
Provide that link.

He’s a dc nut job. He read it on some site like independentpatriotmedicalreview.net

RealSNR 07-22-2021 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15751196)
No, the problem is an employer forcing you to inject a substance into your body by financial coercion...because that is exactly what this is.

Dont sugercoat or rationalize...It's an extremely dangerous precedent to accept...no matter if it's football or any other system.

It's worth noting that there is no legal recourse/protection if said vaccination causes you complications....AND that it technically is still not FDA approved...which means it's classified as "experimental". This is their terminology..

If people accept this...they really need to think it through as it opens all kinds worms.

If the NFL determined that making the players wear dresses would be good for its bank accounts in the short and long term, it would do exactly that.

This is nothing for them. So I don't know why you're so ****ing surprised and outraged by it. You're the basketcase who always says, "Follow the money!!"

Marcellus 07-22-2021 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15751091)
same here in my childhood. Same scar. We were willing to permanently scar our kindergarteners to get vaccines or no public school for your kid. My son had to have them all done and verified before starting kindergarten. As an adult I had to find my childhood vaccine record to get my first passport.

Good grief man slow your roll. I have a barely visible scar on my arm like most people. Its not like they are throwing acid in your face to give you the smallpox vaccine.

Lprechaun 07-22-2021 07:03 PM

So there is a penalty for players that are unvaccinated, but shouldnt there be the same penalty for any team with an outbreak as we now know its quite possible to contract it again?

OnTheWarpath15 07-22-2021 07:03 PM

Funny that these guys have no issue pumping themselves full of Toradol and destroying their kidneys, but ask them to get a vaccine and they lose their ****ing minds.

Chief Roundup 07-22-2021 07:04 PM

Quote:

mmr did not work. I got Mumps when I was a kid.

BlackOp 07-22-2021 07:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15751216)
If the NFL determined that making the players wear dresses would be good for its bank accounts in the short and long term, it would do exactly that.

This is nothing for them. So I don't know why you're so ****ing surprised and outraged by it. You're the basketcase who always says, "Follow the money!!"

I guess this thread really illustrates those that gravitate to an authoritarian lifestyle...which is fine until it becomes authoritarian for everyone.

I dont like the concept of a private business making my health decisions for me...by threat.

C19 has put a lot of stress on people...to the point they arent thinking rationally anymore.

This disease would have to be 20xs more deadly to even entertain these drastic measures...and the vaccine 100% effective and properly vetted.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2021 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15751232)
I dont like the concept of a private business making my health decisions for me...by threat.

Then find another job. Simple as that.

Chief Roundup 07-22-2021 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15751196)

Surely you can see the irony and normalcy of our system in this post. You can change money and vaccine and see that indentured servitude is all about the same.

Chief Roundup 07-22-2021 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15 (Post 15751226)
Funny that these guys have no issue pumping themselves full of Toradol and destroying their kidneys, but ask them to get a vaccine and they lose their ****ing minds.

This needs to be talked about more as responses to these players.

Marcellus 07-22-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

ROFL

flinchfree 07-22-2021 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15751172)

Problem is again, your premise is incorrect.

Vaccinated individuals have lower viral loads while infected with Covid, which does 2 things.

Firstly, you get better - kill off the virus in your body - more quickly, which means the period of time you can infect others is shortened.

Secondly, the level of viral load in a given space affects the likelihood of you contracting (catching) Covid. It is why health professionals in hospital wards can still contract the virus while wearing significant protective equipment. Thankfully by getting the vaccine they are now able to continue working to save the asses of all those who can't be effed doing the right thing through pure preventative measures.

To summarize, if you are LESS sick and carrying LESS of a viral load of Covid while you are infected and recuperating, you are LESS likely to spread the disease to others.

Even amongst the vaccinated some will still get infected and some will still pass it along to others, but the RATES and effect on the wider human population is overwhelmingly positive if people take these immuno boosting pharmaceuticals.
That is what the NFL is banking (literally) on.
The games will be able to continue being played as a sufficiency of the teams players will be available, and the fans will pay for their enjoyment of said games.

BTW, you can have a small enough infection from Covid and NOT produce a positive test result to the disease. By taking the vaccine you are massively reducing the viral load you are carrying if in fact you do contract Covid, and may well both have it and recuperate from it without it ever showing in a test.

That's the cherry for the NFL and what would allow the season to be completed should it's teams cooperate on this mandate.

FloridaMan88 07-22-2021 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15751232)
I dont like the concept of a private business making my health decisions for me...by threat..

Do you have health insurance through your employer?

BlackOp 07-22-2021 07:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88 (Post 15751254)
Do you have health insurance through your employer?

not by threat...and they arent requiring to inject me with something I dont want.

BlackOp 07-22-2021 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by flinchfree (Post 15751250)
Problem is again, your premise is incorrect.

I'm trying to keep this as politically free as possible...but you might what to check in on whats happening in Israel.

Hard to tell what is "correct' at this time...what I know is fundamentally incorrect is injection by coercion.

BleedingRed 07-22-2021 07:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 15751043)
Smallpox killed 500 MILLION people. But the majority of Americans don’t even know that disease or word. Why? We eliminated it through childhood vaccines.

Yes AFTER the pandemic was over. I think it is important to draw that distinction.

Vaccines have never been used to stop a novel virus/disease. The unintended consequences are unknown at best. We do know of many different outcomes that might be negative. But just like the potential positive of the vaccine, the negative potential exists.

I'm willing to admit when the data is there long term if it turns out to be a success. However science is about challenging the status quo. And I believe there to be ample evidence that it could be having a negative impact. Plus I can just wait and I'm not putting you in danger at all...... You choose to go into the world. Accept the risk and understand my freedoms are given to me by god. The Constitution of the United States makes this very clear through out. The bill of rights are "Recognized" rights, not granted. They have always existed for every freeman. The governments only job to to defend those rights from ever being eliminated.

What drives me nuts about it is this distinction between vaccinated and not. Them not being vaccinated makes no difference if the vaccine doesn't stop infection. (which it is showing it doesn't). But this concept of acceptable racism toward black people because they hesitate to trust the government.....

Many citizens have "Trusted" their government. And history is a closed loop with the sheer amount of times humans have allowed themselves to be led to the slaughter. (not saying the vaccine is meant to kill you) But we are sheep overall, and I dont believe the vaccine protects me or my loved ones. And none of us are in a risk group. So we are not going to take it anytime soon. So in closing I just want to thank everyone who has taken the vaccine. I will watch your test results closely. Thank you for testing this vaccine out for those of us who like to have informed consent still present in our free society.

ThyKingdomCome15 07-22-2021 07:32 PM

No games will be cancelled.

lewdog 07-22-2021 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15751259)
not by threat...and they arent requiring to inject me with something I dont want.

Banner Health network, the largest health network in Arizona just declared that all employees must be vaccinated by November 1st. 45,000 employees unless you have a legitimate health reason you can’t get the vaccine.

https://www.abc15.com/news/vaccine-i...-by-november-1

Private business can do what it likes.

RealSNR 07-22-2021 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 15751263)
What drives me nuts about it is this distinction between vaccinated and not. Them not being vaccinated makes no difference if the vaccine doesn't stop infection. (which it is showing it doesn't). But this concept of acceptable racism toward black people because they hesitate to trust the government.....

Oh shut the **** up.

Yeah, you REALLY care about black people being marginalized by the government. I've seen you post all kinds of shit on this topic before.

**** off, asshole.

Chief Roundup 07-22-2021 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15751294)
Banner Health network, the largest health network in Arizona just declared that all employees must be vaccinated by November 1st. 45,000 employees unless you have a legitimate health reason you can’t get the vaccine.

Private business can do what it likes.

That just happened with the Mercy health network as well.

FloridaMan88 07-22-2021 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15751259)

If you are a smoker and don’t want to quit smoking, most employer health insurance plans will “threaten” you with a surcharge.

flinchfree 07-22-2021 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15751261)
I'm trying to keep this as politically free as possible...but you might what to check in on whats happening in Israel.

Hard to tell what is "correct' at this time...what I know is fundamentally incorrect is injection by coercion.

I lived in Israel for a year in 1980. Have family there. My parents fought in the 67' war.

Every single thing communicated firstly by the Netanyahu government and now by the Bennett government is that vaccinations are madly wildly fantabulously effective. They were instituted early and had very strong take up by the population.
By having an extraordinarily high vaccination rate (and now talking about the use of boosters) they've been able to have large parts of their economy open and functioning. Their hospitals are not being overwhelmed, people are not dying in large numbers, and restaurants and beaches are packed.
Their population also accepted the masking mandate by and large, and in the orthodox communities that were harder to convince they eventually have also had success.
Israel have also instituted vaxx passports allowing free travel to countries that have also managed popular vaccination immunization programms, and piloted the fast testing that many countries have now adopted.
Of extreme interest (to me anyway) is a trial being started shortly into an oral vaxx they have developed, which will target the Covid molecule at multiple spike protein points and with good luck provide an even more robust level of protection for those who take the vaccination.
In pill form and able to be kept at more stable/managable temperatures for transport, the Israeli company developing it plans to make it available first to countries who have struggled getting their hands on the Moderna/Pfizer drugs, much of which has been monopolized by wealthier western nations and their buying power.

No place on Earth has provided more positive data on the effectiveness of vaccinations against Covid than Israel.

Titty Meat 07-22-2021 07:51 PM

Chiefsplanet will require all members to get vaccinated by October

Bowser 07-22-2021 07:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15751306)
Chiefsplanet will require all members to get vaccinated by October

We need to see verification of your HPV vax, and the sooner the better.

Mecca 07-22-2021 07:56 PM

Quote:

That's pretty accurate, I've listened to Brian Westbrook talk about how guys couldn't play without it.

Mecca 07-22-2021 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15751200)
Lol wtf? Link?

Beasley is very seriously against the vaccine and is outspoken about it, not sure how you haven't seen enough of that to get the joke...

lewdog 07-22-2021 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15751309)

Billay spreads HPV like butter.

Bowser 07-22-2021 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 15751318)
Billay spreads HPV like butter.

https://media.tenor.co/images/596911...88aa213d83/raw

staylor26 07-22-2021 08:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 15751314)
Beasley is very seriously against the vaccine and is outspoken about it, not sure how you haven't seen enough of that to get the joke...

I’m aware of that, but I didn’t realize you were just joking.

Mecca 07-22-2021 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 15751326)
I’m aware of that, but I didn’t realize you were joking.

I figured it was obvious, players usually don't give a shit until money, dudes think he's gonna cost them 100k+ checks dude might get a few threats...

Baby Lee 07-22-2021 08:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 15751296)
Oh shut the **** up.

Yeah, you REALLY care about black people being marginalized by the government. I've seen you post all kinds of shit on this topic before.

**** off, asshole.

God I hate this tactic. Basically saying 'what you say has merit and I'm not inclined to refute it, . . . but I don't think you're a good enough person to assert it.'

That's not an argument. It's not productive. It's not persuasive.

But then, I guess, . . . it if it relieves your own ill-temper for a moment, I guess go ahead and ventilate.

Titty Meat 07-22-2021 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 15751309)

My bf at the time Fernando was big into using condoms. 1 time we didnt have any and the only thing laying around was the hpv vax paper. He wrapped it around his throbber and pounded me out like Damien Williams the last few minutes of the super bowl vs the 49ers

RealSNR 07-22-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baby Lee (Post 15751337)
God I hate this tactic. Basically saying 'what you say has merit and I'm not inclined to refute it, . . . but I don't think you're a good enough person to assert it.'

That's not an argument. It's not productive. It's not persuasive.

But then, I guess, . . . it if it relieves your own ill-temper for a moment, I guess go ahead and ventilate.

We can continue this topic in DC, if you'd like. I'm not going to drag this thread down any further. It's probably bound for the political forum soon, anyway.

BleedingVag can still go **** himself.

DaneMcCloud 07-22-2021 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15 (Post 15751278)
No games will be cancelled.

https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/07/22/nf...games-covid-19

NFL to Enforce Forfeits in Event of COVID-19 Cancellation

The NFL announced Thursday it will not allow games to be rescheduled in 2021 in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak.

The league's new policy was announced in a memo sent to all 32 teams. If a team is forced to cancel a game due to COVID-19 infections among its non-vaccinated players, said the team will likely have to forfeit the contest, per the NFL's memo. Organizations that cause cancelations in 2021 could also face discipline from NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

COVID-19 forced a number of postponements during the 2020 season, though all teams played the entire 16-game schedule. There were no postponements in the playoffs, and Super Bowl was held as scheduled on Feb. 7.

The 2021 season is slated to begin on Thursday, Sept. 9 when the Buccaneers host the Cowboys.
---------

I would be absolutely ****ing pissed off beyond belief if some dumb**** player, who refused to be vaccinated, cost the Chiefs a higher seeding in the playoffs because they had to forfeit a game.

And you can damn sure bet that player would be a pariah, far beyond the likes of Lin Elliott, Neil Smith, Elvis Grbac and Dee Ford.

That player would carry that shit for life.

Titty Meat 07-22-2021 10:29 PM

Diggs tweet backs up what Dane said.

Availability = Accountability

suzzer99 07-22-2021 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 15750885)
My dads platoon in Desert Storm took an experimental drug. Some did and some didn’t. Out of the 18 who took the drug, 10 of them are in a wheelchair. This is why I choose not to get the vaccine until it’s actually approved

It's going to be approved by the FDA in September. We'll have maybe 2 months more data about vaccines than now. Do you really think that's going to make a huge difference?

eDave 07-22-2021 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15751418)
https://www.si.com/nfl/2021/07/22/nf...games-covid-19

NFL to Enforce Forfeits in Event of COVID-19 Cancellation

The NFL announced Thursday it will not allow games to be rescheduled in 2021 in the event of a COVID-19 outbreak.

Not even going to try to reschedule. That's pretty tight. Dudes will be cut over this vaccine fear nonsense.

My body, my choice is what chick's say.

suzzer99 07-22-2021 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 15750889)
Not a single healthy child has died from covid.

What in the actual ****? It's rare but it certainly happens. Also who the hell knows if kids who survive are still getting permanent lung, neurological or other issues from this stuff?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">��24 children are hospitalized with COVID-19 in Alabama. Alabama’s COVID-19 hospitalizations have increased nearly 200 percent in 3 weeks as the <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/DeltaVariant?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#DeltaVariant</a> increases. <a href="https://t.co/Y8fZyhbaDj">https://t.co/Y8fZyhbaDj</a> <a href="https://t.co/DPQq1SItxU">pic.twitter.com/DPQq1SItxU</a></p>&mdash; Cleavon MD �� (@Cleavon_MD) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/status/1418255261937147904?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">July 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">���� 5 mo. Sarah Vitória Domingues Gois from São Paulo <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Brasil?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Brasil</a> developed a collapsed lung from COVID and other complications. After her death on 5/21/21 her parents urged the community to protect their children. <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SoulsLostToCovid?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SoulsLostToCovid</a> 2/40 <a href="https://t.co/atYeKUwhJH">https://t.co/atYeKUwhJH</a> <a href="https://t.co/rkvja6QEwU">pic.twitter.com/rkvja6QEwU</a></p>&mdash; Cleavon MD �� (@Cleavon_MD) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/status/1410058163697729540?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 30, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">���� 4 y.o. Rhyan da Silva Fraga from Vila Isabel <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Brasil?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Brasil</a> died from COVID. His grandmother said he was a Flamengo fan. “He loved to sing Gabigol&#39;s song... and now? He&#39;s dead. I will never be able to see him again in my life”<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SoulsLostToCovid?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SoulsLostToCovid</a> 5/40 <a href="https://t.co/kSduweVQPc">https://t.co/kSduweVQPc</a> <a href="https://t.co/DXjlKRGzuq">pic.twitter.com/DXjlKRGzuq</a></p>&mdash; Cleavon MD �� (@Cleavon_MD) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/status/1410067605138911239?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 30, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The thread goes on and on - feel free to read.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">���� 9 y.o. Makenzie Gongora from San Antonio, <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Texas?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Texas</a> developed a really bad headache and stomachache at an after-school care center, then tested positive for COVID. Three days later she was found dead tucked into her bed by her mother <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/SoulsLostToCovid?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#SoulsLostToCovid</a> 6/40 <a href="https://t.co/ORFwPJPGPI">https://t.co/ORFwPJPGPI</a> <a href="https://t.co/3iIYVxZr6m">pic.twitter.com/3iIYVxZr6m</a></p>&mdash; Cleavon MD �� (@Cleavon_MD) <a href="https://twitter.com/Cleavon_MD/status/1410068578544521216?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">June 30, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

https://www.today.com/health/4th-gra...vid-19-t208298

Quote:

Makenzie’s aunts want her story to raise awareness that while children typically do not have severe illness due to COVID-19, they can get seriously sick.

“(Makenzie’s parents) followed all of the guidelines that they were given from the doctors, and the doctors as well are baffled (as to) why Makenzie was one of the children that was taken by COVID,” Gongora said.

suzzer99 07-22-2021 11:45 PM

Quote:

https://www.nationalfootballpost.com...rning-md-8798/

Hey look it's an article from before the world went batshit crazy.

Quote:

Most NFL teams offer or require flu shots for their players and staff. The flu vaccine is medically recommended for the elderly, immunocompromised, medical personnel and those around young children. Professional athletes typically don’t qualify by these standards to be vaccinated for the flu but almost all teams provide shots in the training room as part of the players routine care. NFL medicals staffs encourage or mandate the flu vaccine to help prevent the spread of seasonal illness.
College football programs have required all kinds of vaccinations for years.

BlackOp 07-22-2021 11:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 15751240)
Then find another job. Simple as that.

Umm...how about I do the job I'm hired for and they stay out of my personal health decisions?

You're advocating fascism...where unelected corporations take on the roll of personal governance...no ****ing thanks. Shit...they could fire me a week after I take the vaccine...then I'm on my own.

Being a football player is a specialized profession. They cant simply just go make the same living somewhere else..

suzzer99 07-22-2021 11:48 PM

Are you anti-vaxxers going to whine just as hard about your rights when your insurance premiums go up like they do for smokers?

BlackOp 07-22-2021 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by suzzer99 (Post 15751518)
Are you anti-vaxxers going to whine just as hard about your rights when your insurance premiums go up like they do for smokers?

I think you need to stop using the stereotype of "anti vaxxers"...this isn't a typical situation...like an influenza shot.

You have no legal/financial recourse if this vaccine ****s you up...you sign that option away. It was also never properly vetted long term...it's still not FDA approved.

Essentially no one knows what this vaccine will do down the road...anyone saying otherwise is FOS.

Titty Meat 07-23-2021 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15751517)
Umm...how about I do the job I'm hired for and they stay out of my personal health decisions?

You're advocating fascism...where unelected corporations take on the roll of personal governance...no ****ing thanks. Shit...they could fire me a week after I take the vaccine...then I'm on my own.

Being a football player is a specialized profession. They cant simply just go make the same living somewhere else..

Your health decision is impacting others at the job and possibly the company itself. Stay the **** away from us you booger eating infowars reading tard

BigRedChief 07-23-2021 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15751199)
Tough talk. More likely to be one of those that are begging doctors for the vaccine when they are intubating.

An RT I know was in the room when a non-vaccinated person was saying goodbye to his family on a phone. He told his brother to make sure that Covid is not the cause of his death on the death certificate. He thinks he was making a joke but the brother didn’t.

BlackOp 07-23-2021 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 15751521)
Your health decision is impacting others at the job and possibly the company itself. Stay the **** away from us you booger eating infowars reading tard

You are one of the dumbest, superficial people on here...I dont expect you to understand what fascism is...or its implications...you only know what is happening right this second and if it gratifies you...your ****ing name is Titty Meat...yes...you chose that.

No worries...I have zero desire to ever be remotely close to you.

RealSNR 07-23-2021 05:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15751517)

You keep describing this shit as fascism.

Again, I've said it multiple times, but I think it's some bizarre desire of yours to actually see fascism in this country. So you can be a noble hero about it on the internet or some shit.

This isn't fascism. You'll ****ing know when it's real fascism, because you'll probably be dead.

RealSNR 07-23-2021 05:05 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/zSQUPINrgYg" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>