ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Media Center (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Movies and TV Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322513)

GloucesterChief 04-27-2019 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JD10367 (Post 14237993)
The time-travel stuff is always mindbending... mainly because, since we can't do it, we have no idea what the **** would actually happen. This film seems to imply that you can't change the past, but if you go into the past and mess with it you're basically constructing an alternate timeline for that universe (but you can return to YOUR universe with no changes to it). A convenient way to make the time heist storyline work but makes no sense when you simply say "go put them back". For example, you knocked out Star-Lord and stole that stone... so what do you go back to, the point where you knocked him out and just say, "Hey, here's the stone"? And how do you put back the Soul Stone? (Although that would be a convenient way to get Black Widow back in the current time... "Hey, Red Skull, here's your stone back, now give us back the 'payment' we made.") The other problem with this idea of time-travel is that you can do whatever you want with no punishment (i.e. Gamora). Oh, look, Stark died... no biggie, just go back to the day BEFORE the big battle, and take that Stark forward. So now you're God. No one has to die. Go back and get Black Widow, Thor's mom, Vision, whoever you want. Some big bad villian shows up? Just go back and get 100 Iron Men, who gives a **** about those alternate universes you create, those are their problems.

In the comics Marvel made it clear that time travel simply creates alternate timelines and doesn't change the timeline you are from unless you got Doom or Kang level tech.

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-27-2019 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14235988)
I was in the movie theatre for 3.5 hours. Your going to be pissed about something in the movie that lasted <30 seconds? Sorry man, thats on you.

Not pissed. Try again.

MarkDavis'Haircut 04-27-2019 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14237868)
Heh, they did include a gay character scene. The counseling scene where the guy was talking to Steve about going on a date with another man.

That was so dumb. I can't see Steve being OK with that lifestyle.

listopencil 04-27-2019 08:28 PM

Jeeeeeeez. Yeah, they had the women stand for a group shot. So What? Does anyone whine about the fact the they do a group shot before every major battle that's fake as hell? Were people crying when they did the group shot of the two Avenger groups right before they fought in Civil War? It's a visual trope that is part of the genre. You guys are complaining about something that is a foundational part of superhero media.

listopencil 04-27-2019 08:32 PM

Quote:

The time-travel stuff is always mindbending... mainly because, since we can't do it, we have no idea what the **** would actually happen. This film seems to imply that you can't change the past, but if you go into the past and mess with it you're basically constructing an alternate timeline for that universe (but you can return to YOUR universe with no changes to it). A convenient way to make the time heist storyline work but makes no sense when you simply say "go put them back". For example, you knocked out Star-Lord and stole that stone... so what do you go back to, the point where you knocked him out and just say, "Hey, here's the stone"? And how do you put back the Soul Stone? (Although that would be a convenient way to get Black Widow back in the current time... "Hey, Red Skull, here's your stone back, now give us back the 'payment' we made.") The other problem with this idea of time-travel is that you can do whatever you want with no punishment (i.e. Gamora). Oh, look, Stark died... no biggie, just go back to the day BEFORE the big battle, and take that Stark forward. So now you're God. No one has to die. Go back and get Black Widow, Thor's mom, Vision, whoever you want. Some big bad villian shows up? Just go back and get 100 Iron Men, who gives a **** about those alternate universes you create, those are their problems.

If you attempt to bypass or alter fixed points in the time stream then Time manifests itself and tries to bitch-slap you. Guys like Doctor Strange are good at dealing with stuff like this.

DaFace 04-27-2019 09:07 PM

Quote:

Yep. I loved the movie, but it's got its fair share of logical flaws. It's part of why I don't think that time travel will be used for much in other films (or at least not with regularity). I think they'll just say "We don't have any more Pym Particles. Shucks." and leave it alone. It'd just be too messy if they used it all the time.

kcpasco 04-27-2019 09:34 PM

Backlash against fat depressed Thor getting made fun of. It’s a comic book movie. Outrage culture.

Sassy Squatch 04-27-2019 09:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14238234)
Backlash against fat depressed Thor getting made fun of. It’s a comic book movie. Outrage culture.

LMAO Were they crying about his mom telling him to eat a salad? Can't have fat shaming.

Hammock Parties 04-27-2019 09:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14238253)
LMAO Were they crying about his mom telling him to eat a salad? Can't have fat shaming.

fat people are the minority that's next in line to be pandered to for being "oppressed"

just wait, it's coming

we're going to have some romcoms with fat people

kcpasco 04-27-2019 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14238253)

Oh yes. Apparently to please the SJW crowd, Thor should have went to counciling to deal with his PTSD. In a damn comic book movie. LOL, you can’t make this crap up.

Sassy Squatch 04-27-2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14238256)
fat people are the minority that's next in line to be pandered to for being "oppressed"

just wait, it's coming

we're going to have some romcoms with fat people

Fat people aren't a minority.

Hammock Parties 04-27-2019 10:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14238267)
Fat people aren't a minority.

They are onscreen.

And especially in superhero movies.

Can’t wait for the first plus size superhero trans womyn. Check two boxes at once!

RunKC 04-27-2019 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14237603)
Hell, that IS what happened. They were running around with a gauntlet that had all 6 infinity stones already in it that could form to anyone's hand for damn near an hour. All Doctor Strange had to do was scream "somebody put that ****ing thing on and snap these assholes out of existence." Captain Marvel or Thor probably survive with some damage.

Doctor Strange: ****ing asshole.

Shit I guess he could have just opened one of his portals and had the glove transferred to somewhere on the other side of the planet or some other dimension where Thanos couldn’t get it.

I’m pretty sure Thanos would have been killed by everyone if he didn’t have the glove. His army was getting destroyed and he was starting to get his ass kicked. Hell he almost got killed by Maximoff.

Sassy Squatch 04-27-2019 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14238311)
Shit I guess he could have just opened one of his portals and had the glove transferred to somewhere on the other side of the planet or some other dimension where Thanos couldn’t get it.

I’m pretty sure Thanos would have been killed by everyone if he didn’t have the glove. His army was getting destroyed and he was starting to get his ass kicked. Hell he almost got killed by Maximoff.

You see?!? Maybe I'm not so crazy after all!!!

For real though, Scarlet Witch was about to rip him to shreds with her ****ing mind or whatever you want to call the magic red glowy shit.

kcpasco 04-27-2019 11:05 PM

Dr. Strange definitely had it out for Tony. I agree with that theory. What an asshole.

The whole time I was like Clint, put the stupid glove on and snap.

Sassy Squatch 04-27-2019 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcpasco (Post 14238331)
Dr. Strange definitely had it out for Tony. I agree with that theory. What an asshole.

The whole time I was like Clint, put the stupid glove on and snap.

Doctor Strange probably orders his steaks well done too.

Hammock Parties 04-27-2019 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14238311)

I dunno why Dr. Strange couldn't just open and close a portal on Thanos and his ship and end everything in 5 seconds.

It's a comic book movie. Try not to overthink it.

Sassy Squatch 04-27-2019 11:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14238337)
I dunno why Dr. Strange couldn't just open and close a portal on Thanos and his ship and end everything in 5 seconds.

It's a comic book movie. Try not to overthink it.

I can't. I try but I just see the tear stained faces of Tonys family.

kcpasco 04-27-2019 11:24 PM

Well played Dr. Strange. You played the most brilliant mind in the world and can now claim that title.

JD10367 04-28-2019 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14238059)
Seems like he was pretty ****ing upset at everything after they first found him. Then the 5 year timeskip and he let go of resentment.

Being filthy rich and spending five years in a cabin ****ing Gwyneth will mellow you out a bit.

Hammock Parties 04-28-2019 01:02 AM

https://i.redd.it/mok5g40zptu21.jpg

FAX 04-28-2019 06:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 14238413)

Outstanding.

I was beginning to wonder why nobody was thinking about this. But they were!

My faith in humanity is restored.

The main character development throughout this franchise has been ... just damn awesome. (The post credit sound of a hammer on iron was borderline chilling.)

I'll miss The Bobfather, but I trust Feige to pilot the ship going forward. He even has a ton of new character tools to use. If they can keep the actors out of jail, the future looks bright.

FAX

Deberg_1990 04-28-2019 08:40 AM

So time travel is obviously a well worn sci-fi trope.

Is this one of the best time travel movies of all time?

Back to the Future
The first two Terminator flicks
Star Trek IV
The Time Machine.

I think it’s right up there with those.

BigRichard 04-28-2019 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14238645)
So time travel is obviously a well worn sci-fi trope.

Is this one of the best time travel movies of all time?

Back to the Future
The first two Terminator flicks
Star Trek IV
The Time Machine.

I think it’s right up there with those.

I think that was the worst part of the movie so no. They completely hosed up time travel in this movie.

BigRichard 04-28-2019 09:40 AM

In all of this I forgot to mention fat Thor, I know some hated him but I thought he was some of the best parts of the film.

Bowser 04-28-2019 11:35 AM

My inner 15 year old comic book nerd that got hooked on Marvel starting with the original Secret Wars story and going through all the Infinity Gauntlet stories and spin offs was completely geeked out and loving every second. The Russo Brothers pulled off this story about as well as they possibly could have considering they had maybe only 60% of the players needed to tell it properly (imho, considering the original content). I do think Infinity War was the better movie all around, but Endgame is just a notch or two-three under it. Did NOT feel like a three hour movie, and I will gladly pay to see it a couple of more times in the theaters.

My (minor) gripes about the movie...

- I didn't like how they essentially de-nutted the three heavy hitters the heroes had. Professor Hulk was just kind of there mostly, being the second string big brain. I did enjoy the scene with him and the Ancient One, and that scene where Thanos blew the Avengers compound to hell and Hulk was essentially holding the compound up to save Rocket and Rhoadie was a nod to the original Secret Wars when Molecule Man dropped and entire mountain on the heroes and Hulk was holding it up. Nice touch by the Russos there. Thor's story was good albeit cheesy (although he's really already had his redemption arc in Ragnarok), but I liked how he got to say goodbye to his mother and find out he was still worthy of Mjolnir. Captain Marvel was just sent out of 90% of the picture, but I can kind of understand. If those three weren't set up like they had been and were at full strength working together, they would have taken down a non-gauntlet wielding Thanos not easily, but eventually and rather quickly.

- I don't really care about the logic/nonsense of the time travel aspect. They spun a new angle of telling a story that has been beat to death in sci-fi over the years, so I enjoyed it.

Also, I love how they paid homage to the past MCU movies in some fashion. I think they touched on most of them, and I really enjoyed how they brought it all together. I loved the scene where Cap told Sitwell and the Strike Team "Hail Hydra" in the elevator (I thought they were setting up another elevator fight scene, lol). And I like how all the original actors showed up for their parts, even if it was only for a few seconds.

This movie was a huge, huge undertaking, and they hit it. Good for them, and good for Marvel.

Bowser 04-28-2019 12:41 PM

And of course, Cap calling Mjolnir. I figured that was coming at some point, especially how he moved it in Age of Ultron (not mentioning how he wielded it in the comics). The audience I was with went nuts when it happened. Great moment.

BigRedChief 04-28-2019 01:20 PM

NEW YORK (AP) — The universe belongs to Marvel. “Avengers: Endgame” shattered the record for biggest opening weekend with an estimated $350 million in ticket sales domestically and $1.2 billion globally, reaching a new pinnacle in the blockbuster era that the comic-book studio has come to dominate.

The “Avengers” finale far exceeded even its own gargantuan expectations, according to studio estimates Sunday. The movie had been forecast to open between $260 million and $300 million in U.S. and Canadian theaters, but moviegoers turned out in such droves that “Endgame” blew past the previous record of $257.7 million, set last year by “Avengers: Infinity War” when it narrowly surpassed “The Force Awakens.”

“Endgame” was just as enormous overseas. Worldwide, it obliterated the previous record of $640.5 million, also set by “Infinity War.” (“Infinity War” didn’t open in China, the world’s second largest movie market, until two weeks after its debut.) “Endgame” set a new weekend record in China, too, where it made $330.5 million.

Deberg_1990 04-28-2019 01:37 PM

So whatever happened to the love affair between Natasha and Bruce? That just got sort of dropped?

And they brought back Williams Hurts General Ross but never Betty Ross again?

listopencil 04-28-2019 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14239230)
So whatever happened to the love affair between Natasha and Bruce? That just got sort of dropped?

And they brought back Williams Hurts General Ross but never Betty Ross again?

Professor Hulk killed her she-boner.

Bowser 04-28-2019 04:05 PM

Oh, one more gripe -

They shouldn't have dusted Thanos (or Ronin the Accuser for that matter). He is such the perfect bad guy and so central to so much in Marvel that he legit is as big as Iron Man or Wolverine or anybody else. I know it's a comic book movie and nobody is ever "really" gone or dead, but I feel they might have painted themselves into a bit of a corner with that move. I'm sure they'll figure it out, somehow.

Sure-Oz 04-28-2019 05:49 PM

Loved the movie. Tied it up nice and yes I teared up at the end. I was pretty shocked Nat died. Isn't she getting a black widow movie?

I'm excited for the future...

GloucesterChief 04-28-2019 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14239524)
Oh, one more gripe -

They shouldn't have dusted Thanos (or Ronin the Accuser for that matter). He is such the perfect bad guy and so central to so much in Marvel that he legit is as big as Iron Man or Wolverine or anybody else. I know it's a comic book movie and nobody is ever "really" gone or dead, but I feel they might have painted themselves into a bit of a corner with that move. I'm sure they'll figure it out, somehow.

They got Galactus and Doom back. There are plenty of bad guys to build the next big arc around.

Bowser 04-28-2019 06:10 PM

Not going to lie - I'm very much looking forward to Galactus and the rest of the Marvel Cosmics being done properly. Doom as well, he'll definitely carry the baddie water.

Tribal Warfare 04-28-2019 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14239772)
Not going to lie - I'm very much looking forward to Galactus and the rest of the Marvel Cosmics being done properly. Doom as well, he'll definitely carry the baddie water.

Mephisto enters the fray too

FAX 04-28-2019 06:16 PM

Not everybody likes Kevin Smith, of course. But I do, and he dropped a UToob video which is a recap of the film ... all spoilers.

It's cool to listen to someone who legitimately loves these films talk about Endgame ... his genuine appreciation comes through. If you're into that sort of thing, I recommend it. (He cries about 10 times during his recap.) The link is below if you're interested ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-6a5GCkR7A

FAX

Deberg_1990 04-28-2019 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sure-Oz (Post 14239746)
Loved the movie. Tied it up nice and yes I teared up at the end. I was pretty shocked Nat died. Isn't she getting a black widow movie?

I'm excited for the future...

Yes, I believe they have announced a Black Widow movie. No idea how that will work? Prequel maybe?

They have announced series of Loki and Falcon and The Winter Soldier too.

kc rush 04-28-2019 06:23 PM

I enjoyed it, but not as much as Infinity War. It definitely could have been tightened up.

Got a chuckle though when Captain Marvel started talking at Avengers HQ. She sounded kind of bitchy and there was an audible groan from multiple people in the theater.

Deberg_1990 04-28-2019 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kc rush (Post 14239785)
I enjoyed it, but not as much as Infinity War. It definitely could have been tightened up.

Got a chuckle though when Captain Marvel started talking at Avengers HQ. She sounded kind of bitchy and there was an audible groan from multiple people in the theater.

Speaking of that scene, It didn’t match up with the end scene of Captain Marvel. She just showed up and surprised them in the war room.

In Endgame, she just flew in with the ship

Jewish Rabbi 04-28-2019 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14239801)
Speaking of that scene, It didn’t match up with the end scene of Captain Marvel. She just showed up and surprised them in the war room.

In Endgame, she just flew in with the ship

She surprised them in the war room then left to go get Stark.

Deberg_1990 04-28-2019 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi (Post 14239809)
She surprised them in the war room then left to go get Stark.

Ah ok. That makes sense

JD10367 04-29-2019 05:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14239783)
Yes, I believe they have announced a Black Widow movie. No idea how that will work? Prequel maybe?

Unless they can talk Chris Evans back for a cameo, and somehow him returning the Soul Stone allows them to get Black Widow back. Admittedly, I like that only to see him have to deal with Red Skull politely.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14239230)

Their relationship was always a bit of a dance. Banner expressed his feelings by punching the floor when he found out she died.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 14239801)
Speaking of that scene, it didn’t match up with the end scene of Captain Marvel. She just showed up and surprised them in the war room.

In Endgame, she just flew in with the ship.

So that was a jarring plot issue that I was confused about, until I thought about it. I'm pretty sure every mid- and post-credit scene in the MCU up to this point has been things that have actually happened at a point in time in between the films. The schwarma lunch, Coulson revealing Thor's hammer in the desert, Fury paging Captain Marvel, et cetera. None of them were actually scenes that showed up in the next film. But they certainly could've added a quick scene at the beginning of CM, CA, BW, and Hulk all sitting around the headquarters, and them simply saying, "Wow, that's quite a story, nice to meet you, now can you go look for someone for us?"

listopencil 04-29-2019 08:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRichard (Post 14238743)
I think that was the worst part of the movie so no. They completely hosed up time travel in this movie.

Depends on what you think the rules are. Chew on this for a minute: Bucky knew what Cap was doing when he jumped back in time. The last thing Bucky says to him is, " Gonna miss you, buddy." When Cap doesn't reappear the film only shows Hulk and Sam reacting with surprise. Bucky is out of those shots. The next time you see Bucky he's walking away slowly with a sly grin on his face, and then Bucky sees old Cap on the bench.

Jamie 04-29-2019 09:35 AM

Black Widow will be a prequel, I think the may have even announced that. I'd guess it will also introduce a new Black Widow.

Time travel logic theory: changing the past creates an alternate universe. The time travel suit anchors you to the universe you came from so you can get back. So in the end Cap didn't use the recall to come back to our universe, he traveled to our universe (offscreen) and intends to use the recall to go back to the universe where he married Peggy. Where he might have kids and grandkids, for all we know.

This would also solve the problem of Cap letting bad things happen for 70 years to stay hidden. I mean, Peggy's not just some lady, she's the director of SHIELD. Is he really not going to warn her about Hydra?

CoMoChief 04-29-2019 10:41 AM

Bucky should have gotten Cap's shield.

He's a super soldier...Sam Wilson (Falcon is not)

Deberg_1990 04-29-2019 11:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14241038)

Falcon is more worthy and pure. Decorated soldier with clean record.

Bucky was an assassin who has Murdered innocent people.

Gravedigger 04-29-2019 01:01 PM

Quote:

But he's got woosh wings and pew pew guns!

Sure-Oz 04-29-2019 02:46 PM

Falcon and Winter Soldier are supposed to have a show on Disney+ wonder if that will change since Sam is now the new Cap.

listopencil 04-29-2019 09:19 PM

Why Cap and Widow never hooked up...

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...97&oe=5D39C7A0

Sure-Oz 04-29-2019 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by listopencil (Post 14242431)
Why Cap and Widow never hooked up...

https://scontent-atl3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...97&oe=5D39C7A0

Lmao... I totally could see Cap ****ing this up

CoMoChief 04-29-2019 10:20 PM

Hulk and Thor ruined Endgame.

What a huge disappointment.

This movie could have been 100x better than it was.

FAX 04-29-2019 11:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bowser (Post 14239772)

Doom is the man. I hope they do him justice.

You know ... establish him as the evil ruler of Latveria (or whatever it was). Living in a fabulous, spooky-ass castle ... using his genius and quasi-metaphysical powers to screw everybody he sees.

He can be a rich, complex, highly-relatable character if they do him right. Not the one-dimensional version we have seen in the past, but a family man with his own country and a nasty attitude.

Plus, is there any Marvel superperson he hasn't fought? The dude has a history.

Who will they cast as von Doom, I wonder. Cumberbatch would have been great, but he's already taken.

FAX

O.city 04-30-2019 07:45 AM

So curious, with Cap staying back in the timeline, how does that work out with all the fighting he's done? Was it the other cap that actually did that.

Kman34 04-30-2019 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14242767)
So curious, with Cap staying back in the timeline, how does that work out with all the fighting he's done? Was it the other cap that actually did that.

Yeah ..I bet there are two Caps.. I think he returned the Stones and time traveled back to the 40s to be with his girl..

O.city 04-30-2019 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kman34 (Post 14242777)
Yeah ..I bet there are two Caps.. I think he returned the Stones and time traveled back to the 40s to be with his girl..

I figured he stayed in the 70's with her. He did end up with the shield though so he did something.

**** that's why I hate the time travel shit. There's just so many ends to tie up.

O.city 04-30-2019 09:50 AM

So is Gamora alive? Surely so.

I also don't think it really does anything to the timeline on dusting Thanos, since it was past Thanos but he's actually int he future now....**** I don't know.

RunKC 04-30-2019 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14242527)
Hulk and Thor ruined Endgame.

What a huge disappointment.

This movie could have been 100x better than it was.

Without Professor Hulk they can’t do the snap and bring everybody back.

DaFace 04-30-2019 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14242960)

I also don't think it really does anything to the timeline on dusting Thanos, since it was past Thanos but he's actually int he future now....**** I don't know.

The answer to pretty much any question is "depends on the timeline." If they go full bore into time travel, anything is possible.

I don't think that's likely though. I think they'll stick with the "main" timeline we've seen, which means that Gamora is alive, but she doesn't have memories of any of the stuff with the Guardians that we've seen before Endgame.

O.city 04-30-2019 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 14243041)
The answer to pretty much any question is "depends on the timeline." If they go full bore into time travel, anything is possible.

I don't think that's likely though. I think they'll stick with the "main" timeline we've seen, which means that Gamora is alive, but she doesn't have memories of any of the stuff with the Guardians that we've seen before Endgame.

I think that's probably how they'll do it.

I wish they could somehow get her "memories" back or to her or something. I dunno. I'm guessing that's what Guardians 3 will be all about though.

ThaVirus 04-30-2019 10:53 AM

Thanos really is a ****ing dog. I thought Thor with Stormbreaker, Cap with Mjolnir and Tony altogether would mop the floor with him, but he literally trashed them with no issue. Didn’t even break a sweat.

Has there ever been a more savage power move than showing up to a different timeline, shooting up the place, then just posting up waiting on dudes to show up so you can beat their ass? Lol

RunKC 04-30-2019 10:56 AM

Quote:

Tony snapped away Thanos and his entire army. Did that not include Gamora? Otherwise 2014 Gamora would have been there with them at the end right?

Jamie 04-30-2019 11:17 AM

Think about it practically, would they really have dusted her off-screen?

Also why would she be with them, from her point of view they're a bunch of strangers.

O.city 04-30-2019 11:39 AM

I'm a little depressed that it's over lol. Sad to see Tony and Cap go off into the night.

WhawhaWhat 04-30-2019 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14243242)
I'm a little depressed that it's over lol. Sad to see Tony and Cap go off into the night.

I wonder if Thor with the Guardians be FatThor or God Thor. I also hope that Korg makes an appearance or two.

arrowheadnation 04-30-2019 01:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14242960)

2016 Gamora is alive in the 2019 timeline. I'm sure that will be part of the plot of Guardians 3 is the gang tracking her down and Starlord winning her love again.

Most of the comments in this thread are looking at time as linear or through the butterfly effect where actions made in the past effect the future (like in Back to the Future), but they tried to explain in the movie that in their "Marvel Movie" universe that time through singular realities where if you travel to the past, that past becomes your future and your former present becomes the past, which can't now be changed by your new future. The basic implication is that you can't change the past because you've existed in the future; no matter what you do, the end result is the same. Even if you were to try and kill baby Thanos, the future you have must be unchanged.

Sassy Squatch 04-30-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 14243080)
Thanos really is a ****ing dog. I thought Thor with Stormbreaker, Cap with Mjolnir and Tony altogether would mop the floor with him, but he literally trashed them with no issue. Didn’t even break a sweat.

Has there ever been a more savage power move than showing up to a different timeline, shooting up the place, then just posting up waiting on dudes to show up so you can beat their ass? Lol

Love how he'd just throw a knockout shot at whoever he was fighting before moving on to victimize someone else. Thor laying prone? Stomp to the face. Cap on the ground? Punch him in the mouth.

Really glad they let Thanos shine as a brute without the gauntlet. Infinity War he boxed with Hulk but that's about it.

Mr. Plow 04-30-2019 01:55 PM

A few thoughts....

- The only issue I had with all of the women lining up together for a shot was it was completely unnecessary. Not in the sense of "How dumb they all lined up together for a powerful woman moment". Captain Marvel has the gauntlet. The girls line up and say "She's got help." All I could think was "The ****? She literally just took a hundred rockets to the face and flew through Thanos ship....TWICE. Why the **** does she need anyone to help her? Give her that shit and get out of the way."

- Professor Hulk was good, but definitely not the Hulk I was hoping to see. I can see how big Hulk fans would be disappointed in him. I don't honestly remember if he was in the final fight anywhere.

- Fat Thor was funny.

- Hug between Spiderman & Ironman tugged at the ole heartstrings.

- Absolutely loved watching Captain America throwing around the hammer.

- Overall, loved the movie. I've seen it twice and I'll likely go again.

DaFace 04-30-2019 02:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr. Plow (Post 14243651)
A few thoughts....

- The only issue I had with all of the women lining up together for a shot was it was completely unnecessary. Not in the sense of "How dumb they all lined up together for a powerful woman moment". Captain Marvel has the gauntlet. The girls line up and say "She's got help." All I could think was "The ****? She literally just took a hundred rockets to the face and flew through Thanos ship....TWICE. Why the **** does she need anyone to help her? Give her that shit and get out of the way."

- Professor Hulk was good, but definitely not the Hulk I was hoping to see. I can see how big Hulk fans would be disappointed in him. I don't honestly remember if he was in the final fight anywhere.

- Fat Thor was funny.

- Hug between Spiderman & Ironman tugged at the ole heartstrings.

- Absolutely loved watching Captain America throwing around the hammer.

- Overall, loved the movie. I've seen it twice and I'll likely go again.

I agree with all of this.

Chiefspants 04-30-2019 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14243494)
Love how he'd just throw a knockout shot at whoever he was fighting before moving on to victimize someone else. Thor laying prone? Stomp to the face. Cap on the ground? Punch him in the mouth.

Really glad they let Thanos shine as a brute without the gauntlet. Infinity War he boxed with Hulk but that's about it.

We saw the Mad Titan in Endgame (who we never really saw in IW). I loved every minute of it.

O.city 04-30-2019 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrowheadnation (Post 14243483)
2016 Gamora is alive in the 2019 timeline. I'm sure that will be part of the plot of Guardians 3 is the gang tracking her down and Starlord winning her love again.

Most of the comments in this thread are looking at time as linear or through the butterfly effect where actions made in the past effect the future (like in Back to the Future), but they tried to explain in the movie that in their "Marvel Movie" universe that time through singular realities where if you travel to the past, that past becomes your future and your former present becomes the past, which can't now be changed by your new future. The basic implication is that you can't change the past because you've existed in the future; no matter what you do, the end result is the same. Even if you were to try and kill baby Thanos, the future you have must be unchanged.

I hadn't thought of it this way, but that's probably true. It's also an easy way to deal with all the time travel stuff etc.

Gravedigger 04-30-2019 02:15 PM

Guardians 3 is about Adam Warlock and the Guardians searching for Gamora according to reports. I'm thinking Gamora left on her own accord after the battle and Quill is going to try and have her join the team again with his pelvic sorcery.

Sassy Squatch 04-30-2019 02:18 PM

Is Thor hanging around

ThaVirus 04-30-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superturtle (Post 14243494)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefspants (Post 14243689)
We saw the Mad Titan in Endgame (who we never really saw in IW). I loved every minute of it.

I’m going to miss him as a villain. He’s just brutal and so damned capable. Loved when he realized Captain Marvel would be able to keep him from using the stones by closing his fist so he removed the power stone on the fly then knocked her ass into next week lol showed some strategy in addition to the savage, brute force.

And the lines. Omg the lines! “You could not live with your failure. So where did that bring you?... Back to me.” And “It’s never personal, but what I’m about to do to your tiny, annoying planet.. I’m going to enjoy it”.

Sorry 04-30-2019 05:27 PM

What made this movie incredible was catching a showing with an abundance of kids ranging from like 10-18 year olds and they cheered and roared at all the awesome parts. Helped me realized what these movies are all about

CoMoChief 04-30-2019 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14242977)
Without Professor Hulk they can’t do the snap and bring everybody back.

Sure he could have....they would've just had to write the story a little differently.

Valiant 04-30-2019 08:33 PM

Quote:

Yeah she is a different reality gamorra. She never feel in love with quill. Hopefully guardians 3 main plot is not this.

Sure-Oz 04-30-2019 10:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Valiant (Post 14244732)
Yeah she is a different reality gamorra. She never feel in love with quill. Hopefully guardians 3 main plot is not this.

I'm hopeful she's just a part of it. I will be interested to see how her and Quill do together. The comics currently has her separated from the guardians with them trying to find her

Rausch 05-01-2019 12:04 AM

1) I loved the Professor Hulk until the final battle. He basically wasn't in it. The whole reason to look forward to a professor Hulk is to see what Banner would do differently in battle while in control. Banner could have trained with Cap those 5 years and whomped some ass. Instead they nerfed their two most powerful characters.

2) I love what they did with Cap and Tony. Tony's character comes full circle and him doing what he has to do to be ready to sacrifice himself (have a child, make amends with his father, have the opportunity) actually does validate Dr. Strange's actions. I was worried about this but Doc Strange was right.

The only part I didn't like was I see no way Cap could live through all the f'ed up things in world history from 1950-2010 and just hide or stay on the sidelines. That's just not Cap. Would cap stand down and just let Hydra run Shield/US intelligence for 50 years?

3) I understand divergent timelines and how their time travel works but they still ****ed it all up. By "Endgame Rules" they still created multiple new timelines with Loki, Cap, and removing Gamora/Nebula being killed or ripped from time.

If the Ruso's were around to explain it all I'd have faith, but they're done.

4) I was on board with a Black Widow movie but never really cared one way or the other until I saw her basically take over for Fury. It actually makes sense (she's also a super spy) and by midway through Endgame I was pumped to see a Black Widow/Ronin movie.

So much for that.

Rausch 05-01-2019 12:10 AM

Quote:

The good news is Falcon in the MCU is a much better character than the Falcon in the comics (who is incredibly lame.)

I can see Bucky's name being ruined and him not being able to be the face of America. It's not about who's worthy it's more Bucky understanding he can't play that role...

Tribal Warfare 05-01-2019 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CoMoChief (Post 14244622)
Sure he could have....they would've just had to write the story a little differently.

My 1st thought was Thor's got this because he's an Asgardian and the God of Mother****ing Thunder and Lightning.