ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   BigMeatballDave (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=299656)

BigRedChief 05-04-2016 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick (Post 12215914)
Thank you for the help everybody. Please don't forget to keep donation and share to anything you can. I've hit a wall in donations.

Ajoha omega's money in, I chipped in some more. Nearing $2000 now.

Buzz 05-04-2016 06:25 PM

Did anyone get an email saying your payment was not complete? I'm guessing it was because I didn't use the name on my card? Anyway you can change it to your real name and then go back and change it to anonymous using the "Help" field at the top of the screen, they will send a couple of emails to make the changes with.

teedubya 05-04-2016 06:49 PM

God. This sucks. 45 is way too young.

Donger 05-04-2016 10:51 PM

I am so very, very saddened to read this and get this news. Dave was very helpful to me as my father was battling the same disease.

My best to him, to you and your entire family during this horrible time.

Oh, and **** cancer with a rusty chainsaw covered in AIDS juice and Broncos semen. Now, and forever.

George Liquor 05-06-2016 07:55 PM

Cancer sucks.

I mainly stick to the Cards thread, but dave seemed like a good dude.

Brock 05-07-2016 09:05 AM

So sorry about this.

Truly a decent guy.

RNR 05-08-2016 01:34 PM

I am sad to hear the news. I did not know him but from his posts on here, he seems like a nice guy~

rabblerouser 05-08-2016 04:39 PM

Godspeed, Dave. Peace on you...may the four winds blow you safely home.

Joe Seahawk 05-10-2016 12:11 AM

So sorry Nick, godspeed Dave, prayers coming at you..

lcarus 05-10-2016 09:44 AM

I was very saddened to read about this. Great guy.

Pushead2 05-11-2016 01:07 PM

So sad to hear - made a donation.

:(

C3HIEF3S 05-11-2016 06:30 PM

This is too sad. He was an all-around quality contributor on this site and I am sure he was/is every bit the same when it comes to life outside of CP.

Lonewolf Ed 05-13-2016 06:37 PM

Are there any updates? Is Dave still with us or has he passed?

threebag 05-17-2016 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12229884)
Are there any updates? Is Dave still with us or has he passed?

Doesn't look good. Been a lot of silence. Dave all the best.

Perineum Ripper 05-19-2016 03:13 PM

Has anyone heard anything..was wondering if Dave was still hanging on or not

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-19-2016 06:36 PM

I miss Dave.

Pasta Little Brioni 05-20-2016 08:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dagnabit (Post 12238304)
I miss Dave.

Me too

DaFace 05-20-2016 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mac459 (Post 12238073)
Has anyone heard anything..was wondering if Dave was still hanging on or not

Not that it necessarily means anything, but I can't find an obituary online anywhere at least. Perhaps that means he's still hanging on.

I do hope we'll get an update at some point. :(

Perineum Ripper 05-20-2016 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 12238812)
Not that it necessarily means anything, but I can't find an obituary online anywhere at least. Perhaps that means he's still hanging on.

I do hope we'll get an update at some point. :(

I looked for one too and never found anything..so I figured I would ask around and see if anyone knew

Whatever is going on in hope he isn't in pain

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-20-2016 05:56 PM

Little Meat ball dave should be giving an update.

Sweet Daddy Hate 05-20-2016 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog Farmer (Post 12239238)
Little Meat ball dave should be giving an update.

Thanks for correcting that. I'm sure it will come in time.

listopencil 05-22-2016 02:22 AM

There is a picture of him from about a week ago on his son's FB page.

go bo 05-22-2016 02:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FRCDFED (Post 12211424)
I am deeply saddened to hear this. I too have been off work since NYE when I had a brain aneurysm and collapsed. I've sice been trying to put my life back in order. RIP Dave. Heaven is getting a good apple.

best wishes dude!

hope you have many more years to share with us on cp.../

ChiTown 05-22-2016 07:47 PM

Been trying to research and find out any news and have been coming up empty. I pray that Dave is not Suffering and that his Family is finding peace

GloryDayz 05-22-2016 09:27 PM

Prayers sent young man... Stay strong...

burt 05-23-2016 04:12 PM

Prayers and donation sent.

Rausch 05-27-2016 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burt (Post 12242348)
Prayers and donation sent.

Ditto...

LittleMeatballNick 05-27-2016 01:00 PM

Thank you all for donating. I have closed donations due to family issues. I'm on here to give an update. My father has been put into a nursing home and I have said my goodbyes and went back to Florida. As much as I wanted to stay in touch, my aunt is no longer giving me updates on my father anymore because I asked about extra money in the GoFundMe to go to the Cancer Society. Kinda ridiculous, but death changes people. I will start to be more active on the planet now that I am home and my life is on track. Thank you all once again. If it wasn't for the planet, my father would not have any kind of way to have the cremation. He would be pleased to know everything you have done for him.

WilliamTheIrish 05-27-2016 01:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick (Post 12248750)
Thank you all for donating. I have closed donations due to family issues. I'm on here to give an update. My father has been put into a nursing home and I have said my goodbyes and went back to Florida. As much as I wanted to stay in touch, my aunt is no longer giving me updates on my father anymore because I asked about extra money in the GoFundMe to go to the Cancer Society. Kinda ridiculous, but death changes people. I will start to be more active on the planet now that I am home and my life is on track. Thank you all once again. If it wasn't for the planet, my father would not have any kind of way to have the cremation. He would be pleased to know everything you have done for him.

Family can be ... interesting.

Lonewolf Ed 05-27-2016 01:44 PM

Quote:

I hope he also knows how he was held in high regard on here and on a personal level, he made a difference in my life. I thank him for that more than I am able to express.

go bo 05-28-2016 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12248806)
I hope he also knows how he was held in high regard on here and on a personal level, he made a difference in my life. I thank him for that more than I am able to express.

this ^^

GloryDayz 05-28-2016 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lonewolf Ed (Post 12248806)

As Go Bowe said, this.....

Titty Meat 05-28-2016 07:31 AM

People handle things differently just got to forgive. Hope you're doing ok Nick.

rico 05-28-2016 07:33 AM

Quote:

I can tell that you are a chip off the block from your dad... especially with the line, "kind of ridiculous, but death changes people." Which is so true and a very optimistic, empathetic and understanding way of looking at things. I can imagine your dad feeling/thinking the same way if he were in the situation you are in now. He will always live through you, buddy, so I hope you keep posting.

Hoping the best for you and your family. Your father came off as a sweetheart.

ChiTown 05-28-2016 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rico (Post 12249984)
I can tell that you are a chip off the block from your dad... especially with the line, "kind of ridiculous, but death changes people." Which is so true and a very optimistic, empathetic and understanding way of looking at things. I can imagine your dad feeling/thinking the same way if he were in the situation you are in now. He will always live through you, buddy, so I hope you keep posting.

REP. 100% this

GloryDayz 05-28-2016 08:35 AM

Quote:

Quality post...

C3HIEF3S 05-28-2016 05:20 PM

Quote:

:clap:
Beautiful post in tribute to a beautiful soul.

Gadzooks 05-28-2016 09:27 PM

Quote:

:clap: Bravo and ditto.

OnTheWarpath15 05-29-2016 03:22 PM

Quote:

Quote:

Well done, Rico.

GloryDayz 05-29-2016 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58 (Post 12252157)
Well done, Rico.

This, great work..

LittleMeatballNick 06-22-2016 12:57 PM

Little update on my dad. I talked to him on the phone on father's day. His nurse asked if he knew who he was talking to since his memory is not there anymore. And he still has a sarcastic sense of humor, saying... "duh it's my son."

Meatloaf 06-22-2016 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick (Post 12285855)
Little update on my dad. I talked to him on the phone on father's day. His nurse asked if he knew who he was talking to since his memory is not there anymore. And he still has a sarcastic sense of humor, saying... "duh it's my son."

Appreciate the update, LMN. Hang in there, buddy. Good thoughts and prayers continuing for you and your fine pop.

Easy 6 06-22-2016 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick (Post 12285855)

LMAO his brain and body might be under tremendous stress, but not enough to make him forget his son... thats so awesome, thanks for the update

Buehler445 06-22-2016 05:44 PM

Thanks for the update.

Are they keeping him comfortable enough? I'd hate to honk of him suffering. He's in my prayers.

Hog's Gone Fishin 06-22-2016 05:50 PM

Wishing that tumor would just melt away !

SAUTO 06-22-2016 06:26 PM

Prayers

GloryDayz 06-22-2016 09:07 PM

As all us us are trying to say. Thanks, just thanks...

LittleMeatballNick 06-28-2016 09:14 AM

Big Chief Dave passed away this morning at 5:55, peacefully while sleeping. I'm so glad my father made me grow up watching such a mediocre football team and baseball team for 18 years so I had the bonding times with him over these sports. My dad will be missed greatly by his big family and his big ChiefsPlanet family. You have all been such a big help through this and you all know that Dave didn't deserve this at all and the planet was one of his biggest hobbies. Thank You All.

DaFace 06-28-2016 09:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LittleMeatballNick (Post 12293263)
Big Chief Dave passed away this morning at 5:55, peacefully while sleeping. I'm so glad my father made me grow up watching such a mediocre football team and baseball team for 18 years so I had the bonding times with him over these sports. My dad will be missed greatly by his big family and his big ChiefsPlanet family. You have all been such a big help through this and you all know that Dave didn't deserve this at all and the planet was one of his biggest hobbies. Thank You All.

Damn. It just got really dusty in my office. :sulk:

RIP, Dave. You've already been missed and will continue to be for a long, long time.

splatbass 06-28-2016 09:16 AM

Sorry for your loss Nick. RIP Dave.

Dayze 06-28-2016 09:17 AM

RIP

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Pasta Little Brioni 06-28-2016 09:18 AM

RIP to a great poster

ChiTown 06-28-2016 09:20 AM

Your Dad (a true treasure at CP) will be greatly missed.

May he rest in peace.

Fire Me Boy! 06-28-2016 09:32 AM

Damn. Sorry to hear this. Condolences to you and your family.

Dartgod 06-28-2016 09:39 AM

Bummer. :crybaby:

Condolences and prayers for your entire family Nick.

Kman34 06-28-2016 09:42 AM

Sorry for your loss...

Meatloaf 06-28-2016 10:03 AM

Thanks so much for the update, LittleMeatball. Never good news to hear of someone passing, but it sounds like Dave's legacy lives on in his son.

RIP, BigMeatball.

LoneWolf 06-28-2016 10:08 AM

RIP, Dave.

Pasta Little Brioni 06-28-2016 10:22 AM

May the Chiefs win every game and nubile 21 year olds bless his every need wherever he's gone.

Lonewolf Ed 06-28-2016 10:48 AM

Quote:

I am very sorry for your loss and we feel it here, too. Dave touched my life because he got diagnosed around the same time that I did, and it felt like we were battling our cancers side by side. He gave me encouragement and strength, which are so valuable to a person with cancer. It's a hard fight and takes a terrible toll, with good days and bad days. He was a contributor in my support which is enabling me to win my battle with cancer even if it kills me. I am relieved to read that he passed peacefully and his suffering is over, but I am sad to lose someone who meant so much to me.

Buehler445 06-28-2016 10:53 AM

Sorry for your loss Nick. I sincerely appreciate the updates. RIP Dave.

**** cancer.

srvy 06-28-2016 10:55 AM

Sad sad news but at least he is no longer in pain. I know I already miss his posts on the Planet. Seems I had gotten in most threads to spinning the scroll wheel on most pots unless I saw a Big Chief Dave post and I stopped read and took notice. Those of us who believe know Dave is in a good place now no longer in pain. We will miss you see you on the other side one day RIP we will keep the Chiefs spirit going down here. Thanks for all the posts and keeping the Chiefs losses in perspective and mostly for being rock steady when most the rest of us were in a panic during losing streaks.

Marcellus 06-28-2016 12:16 PM

RIP

C3HIEF3S 06-28-2016 12:21 PM

Sorry for your loss. He was a huge contributor to CP and always a very good read. He will be missed greatly. RIP Dave.

scho63 06-28-2016 01:05 PM

My sympathies little Nick to you and your family.

Today heaven got three sports greats: Pat Summit of Tennessee, Buddy Ryan of the Houston Oilers and BigMeatballDave from the KC Chiefs and great CP member!

Rain Man 06-28-2016 01:09 PM

Thanks for letting us know, and my condolences to you and your family.

TimeForWasp 06-28-2016 01:11 PM

Sad day.

GloryDayz 06-28-2016 01:56 PM

Sorry to hear it. Stay strong young man..

ExtremeChief 06-28-2016 01:58 PM

RIP Dave. Cancer ****ing sucks. Lost a friend in May to that evil bitch. Prayers for your family Nick.

eDave 06-28-2016 02:18 PM

~

TimBone 06-28-2016 04:01 PM

RIP, Big Chief Dave. Sorry to hear of the passing, but at least he's not suffering anymore.

SAUTO 06-28-2016 04:18 PM

RIP

Mr. Flopnuts 06-28-2016 04:30 PM

While I'm relieved to hear that your Father is relieved, I'm incredibly saddened to learn of your loss. I lost my Mom at 21 years of age. It was too young. It shouldn't go down like that and I have an idea of what you're experiencing. I wish you the best young man. I know there is somewhat of an emptiness inside of you, and I hope you are able to find some kind of distraction to that in the coming days and weeks. Best wishes bud.

Sweet Daddy Hate 06-28-2016 06:21 PM

Sorry to hear it young man. Your father and I have known each other a long time on this board and I wish I could have met him in person.

I will continue to pray for you and your family.

Mr_Tomahawk 06-28-2016 06:24 PM

RIP Dave.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bewbies 06-28-2016 06:37 PM

There will be a day when Glioblastoma's are curable, I know your loss. Praying your family is full of grace, peace and love in your grief.

You are your dad's legacy, and proof that he did well. Wear that with pride.

Titty Meat 06-28-2016 06:48 PM

Glad he no longer has to suffer. I'm sorry Nick your dad was an awesome man.

patteeu 06-28-2016 07:09 PM

RIP

Donger 06-28-2016 07:26 PM

Quote:

I'm very sorry for your loss. Your father was a good man, and the world is less without him.

Buzz 06-28-2016 08:09 PM

Dave ran the race, he just beat us there. See you on the other side my friend.