ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Hall of Classics (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   Chiefs are racist (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=17910)

keg in kc 08-01-2001 06:31 PM

Zeb, I had a good spicy dinner the other night in a KC Thai restaurant. They let you pick the spiciness of the dish, anything from no stars (normal) to five stars (your face melts). I had three stars and it was go-od. Didn't make the tears fall, but it did put a little tingle on the lips.

Warrior5 08-01-2001 06:31 PM

Vindicator...

Have I ever mentioned that I'm partial to pepperjack cheese? Try it with your BBQ. Just the right blend of jalapeno peppers mixed in with Monterrey Jack cheese. Great on the onion rings, too.
Hey if you have a birthday coming up, tell your wife. It's really not too expensive, and it's certainly worth it.

Extreme: it melts just fine, although it won't be as smooth as Velveeta due to the small bits of chopped up Jalapeno pepper in it.

Brock 08-01-2001 06:31 PM

I believe U of T to be clearly anti-bovine. Their demeaning of helpless livestock must stop!

aturnis 08-01-2001 06:31 PM

FALSTAFF!

ARE YOU DISSING PROFESSIONAL SOCCER?!?!?!

Chiefs Pantalones 08-01-2001 06:32 PM

falstaff,

Great! We have made progress! Now...exactly when did you first realize you did not like professional sports? Realize they were rigged?

And what do you like at DQ?

ExtremeChief 08-01-2001 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Zebedee DuBois

Can anyone recommend a spicy Italian dish?

Marissa Tomei

falstaff 08-01-2001 06:33 PM

You are all skirting the issue because you KNOW IT TO BE TRUE - THE CHIEFS ARE RACIST!

Please, join with me in protesting the Chief's racist affillation!

Logical 08-01-2001 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by falstaff
I cannot believe that I am being THREATNED to be booted from Cheifs Planet! I have not violated ANY rules. Additionaly, I am posting honest, intelligent and open thoughts.

If I am banished for thinking differently than the Chiefs Planet Masses - it is a true shame. For this not only constitutes RACISM but rings of pre-war Germany. I suppose you also plan to burn any books that dop not fall in line with Chiefs Planet rhetoric.

I was hoping to enlighten some people and possibly spark some intelligent conversation. I was greeted with insults, threats and recipies. Apperently Chiefs fans are not only racist, but ignorant as well.

Well I certainly am missing the intelligence. I am also missing respectful responses to legitimate questions. I am seeing you basically characterizing someones looks as neo-nazi. I see someone classifying every single Chiefs fan a racist (a bozo labeling 100s of thousand people racist is not likely to endear someone as a non-troll). A person who believes they are more enlighted than 100s of thousand steps way beyond ignorance and arrogance. A fool who would compare the discussion here to anything related to pre-war Germany lacks integrity and is asking to be ignored. Finally the person does not understand the difference between people showing disapproval by ignoring him and discussing food and then labels them the ones who are ignorant.

Let me make one thing clear, if you are not removed you go on my ignore list. You will be only the second person ever, and that pretty much sums up my opinion of you and the tripe you post.

I suggest finding another BB where someone gives a damn about your diatribe. I doubt that even Thomas or Donald at the Pen will be there for you so please skip that BB as well.

You are the weakest link! Goodbye!!! :o

Warrior5 08-01-2001 06:34 PM

Zebedee...

I see you're partial to spicy foods. I've always wondered what curry is made of?

aturnis 08-01-2001 06:35 PM

"This does not change the fact that the Chiefs are a racist organazation! No one has responded to rectify the Chiefs' wrongs!"

Has anyone posted to VARIFY the Chiefs wrongs? I haven't read a post yet pointing out one single wrong.......

and again Falstaff.......ARE YOU DISSING PROFESSIONAL SOCCER?!?!

keg in kc 08-01-2001 06:36 PM

We've responded numerous times Falstaff. You have a complete misperception of the team and refuse to acknowledge it, so there's no point in talking about it any more. There's absolutely NOTHING about this team that could be even loosely construed as derogatory towards the American Indian. I have at least 4 posts on this thread which explain why, after which point I decided there was no point in continuing the discussion because you won't listen to anything that anyone says. There are countless other threads which also explain why, such as why the team is named "Chiefs" in the first place but you simply refuse to listen. You have your preconceived notion, and that's that.

I'm not going to waste my time with you any more. I'd rather have a meaningful discussion, such as one about food.

Zebedee DuBois 08-01-2001 06:37 PM

Re: spicy italian!

Keg. Thai sounds great. Lately, I looove Indian food. I had some spicy soup that caused my sinuses to melt. It was a little embarrasing because I was swiping everyones napkins to hold the flow. That was a little to hot for me.

ExtremeChief

Could you describe Marissa Tomei for me. I don't recall seeing that on a menu around Wichita.

Warrior5 08-01-2001 06:38 PM

While we're discussing...

Jalapeno cheese and food at Arr, er...the footbal stadium, let me revive a question almost as old as footbal itself:

Are they gonna sell Jalapeno Cheese Poppers this year?

What are your thoughts?

keg in kc 08-01-2001 06:38 PM

Hah, "weakest link" - good one, Jim! :)

Damn, I keep saying I'm going to mow, and I keep not doing it. Gonna be dark soon if I don't get my a$$ in gear.

Brock 08-01-2001 06:38 PM

C'mon people now - smile on your brother, try to love one another right now! Share a coke and a smile! You bunch of A-holes!

Zebedee DuBois 08-01-2001 06:40 PM

Warrier5
I am pretty sure that curry is a blend of other spices.... so not all curry is equal. Some is hotter than others. I do not know which spices... maybe I'll go look for the mix on the net somewhere.

ExtremeChief 08-01-2001 06:41 PM

Marissa Tomei is a spicy italian dish best served with white wine. This dish is best served hot, and, if served correctly, can have quite a kick. While I have always thought this dish would be best eaten with whipped cream on top, I haven't had the chance to try that yet.

aturnis 08-01-2001 06:41 PM

A meaningful discussion such as one of food........

mmmmmmmm food, is there anything a man likes more?!?!(excluding women)

keg in kc 08-01-2001 06:42 PM

Hey, before I go, I'll share a good spice recipe with all of you.

BAM!!!

It's Emeril's Essence, aka "Bayou Blast"

Good, good stuff! I made it finally, and I've been puttin' it on everything...

2 1/2 tablespoons paprika
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons garlic powder
1 tablespoon black pepper
1 tablespoon onion powder
1 tablespoon cayenne pepper
1 tablespoon dried oregano
1 tablespoon dried thyme

Chiefs Pantalones 08-01-2001 06:43 PM

falstaff,

Describe to us what it is you don't like about professional sports? And what it is you like about DQ?

Warrior5 08-01-2001 06:43 PM

Keg...

You need to get your priorities straight! That lawn will still be there tomorrow, and besides, it's too doggone hot outside for that crap.
You have more important matters to attend to here; namely, the continued discussion of culinary prowess possessed by our fellow board members.
Besides, Vindicator has clearly stated that due to financial hardship, he won't ever be able to enjoy Jackstack BBQ. I was hoping that in the spirit of comraderie, you might offer to do a bakesale or something in his name.

Zebedee DuBois 08-01-2001 06:43 PM

Extreme Chief..

Doh! I was totally focused on food.

Mucho embarrassed.

:D

ExtremeChief 08-01-2001 06:44 PM

KEG,

I have to say I prefer the name Bayou Blast to "Emeril's Essence"

BAM!!!!!

Chiefs Pantalones 08-01-2001 06:44 PM

falstaff,

If you are a fan of Texas, does that mean you like boy cows more than girl cows? Is that racist?

Explain?

ExtremeChief 08-01-2001 06:45 PM

just realized how well my bio line fits this discussion!!!!

Warrior5 08-01-2001 06:46 PM

Sounds like a great spice recipe...

Does it go good on BBQ? Sounds like it would "kick it up a notch"!

Chiefs Pantalones 08-01-2001 06:47 PM

And how did you feel when you were writing/thinking about this topic before you posted it? Were you mad? Sad?

CG

falstaff 08-01-2001 06:47 PM

<b>

Sadly, it has become clear that Chiefs fans are comfortable with their racism. The vast majority of the responses have been either insulting or threatening. Additionally, some people are choosing to ignore their support of a racist organization by posting about food. Clearly, few if any of you care about the American Indians and the injustice that the Chiefs organization is creating.

It has become obvious that Chiefs fans, the supporters of a historically, mediocre team, are not only shallow, but ignorant as well. Clearly, their anger and frustration in their pathetic excuse for a NFL franchise has been channeled into hate. Hate and bigotry directed to American Indians.

You may insult me, you may mock me, but you mock what you do not understand. I only hope for your sake, you one day wake up to the racist conspiracy that plagues the Chiefs organization.

If you choose to kick me off, because you are afraid to confront your worst fears, which deep-down you know to be true, I will understand. Less intelligent people tend lash out in ways that display power.

Please know that I will pray for your racist souls as you are sent to the cold bowels of Hell.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-01-2001 06:49 PM

My God falstaff!

You have hurt our feelings!

ExtremeChief 08-01-2001 06:49 PM

Quote:

Please know that I will pray for your racist souls as you are sent to the cold bowels of Hell.

I thought Hell was supposed to be hot!!!

Logical 08-01-2001 06:53 PM

Quote:

Snack Munchers -

Please grow up. If you can not handle the truth, please do not post your idiotic recipies. YOU are the ones that will be kicked off the site.

Has anyone noticed that this non-snack muncher has been on since July 27th and posted 115 times. An average of over 22.40 posts a day according to BB statistics. Sounds like a person who should be introduced to all the old recipes for troll.

I would start with the slow roasted troll recipe. It was first introduced on the old Star BB.

You start with a ripe troll but one that has not quite turned (oooh turned troll smells very very bad, remember if your troll has turned it must be sauted in onions and vinegar to reduce that horrible pungent odor they give off prior to roasting). Remember to stuff your troll as their head is hollow and is useful for a fine troll stuffing. Be sure to thoroughly gut them as it is well known they are always full of Sh1t. A troll has no brain so forget about sweetbreads. Finally it is well known that they are 99% @sshole so throw everything away but their Small Johnson and the cranial cavity for cooking the stuffing, because of both items small size dinner will not satisfy a small child. Do not worry about the chance of the troll going extinct because of their miniscule johnson size they would not have been able to reproduce anyway, and who would of wanted them to? After slow roasting it will make a fine cocktail weenie with a dogfood like stuffing to be served to a small family pet.

Thats my recipe any others!

Chiefs Pantalones 08-01-2001 06:55 PM

LOL! Jim!:D :D

Warrior5 08-01-2001 06:56 PM

CODY!

You really need to stay on topic. Do you have trouble paying attention in school or studying? Get with the program; you have easily over a hundred people here waiting on your comments concerning cheese, chips, and poppers.

Vindicator is starving to death in Nevada.

Keg keeps trying to mow his lawn while boll weevils are trying eat up the last of his Bayou Blast.

Marissa Tomei is trying to keep the wine chilled.

Dairy Queen is closing in 10 minutes.

We're all waiting on you, and you keep straying off topic, talking about Texas cows and girls!

Warrior5 08-01-2001 06:58 PM

Logical...

I bet that recipe would go great with some Bayou Blast spice and some pepperjack cheese!

Just don't put any hazelnuts in the stuffing (but oysters would be fine).

Logical 08-01-2001 07:01 PM

Warrior,

Thanks and an excellent point I am always looking for ways to improve my slow roasted troll recipe.

aturnis 08-01-2001 07:02 PM

FALSTAFF!

You still haven't responded on your thoughts of professional soccer........and professional soccer players alike........

Chiefs Pantalones 08-01-2001 07:03 PM

aturnis,

They're all racists!!!!!!:D

Zebedee DuBois 08-01-2001 07:06 PM

Curry recipes

Sorry Logical,
I was getting hungry up until your recipe.

But, I found this site, and started salivating all over again!!

http://www.curry-design.com/recipes%20/countries.html

enjoy!

Warrior5 08-01-2001 07:06 PM

Logical...

An interesting side note...
My affinity for turkey sandwiches with avocado began at a small sandwich shop right on Mission Beach about 25 years ago. I'd hit the beach every day I could, and this shop made the <B>best</B> sandwiches...really hit the spot after a few hours of body surfing.
Just thought I'd share that with a San Diegan.

falstaff 08-01-2001 07:06 PM

Evidence:

As an ethnic group, Native Americans were once America's most visible minority. They were always seen in movies and on TV, and before that, on coins and in the form of wooden cigar store indians. They have become a bit less visible in recent years, and <b>would prefer to see the remaining icons disappear. Indian nicknames (i.e., Redskins, Braves, Indians) are frequently used for athletic teams. No other ethnic group in America is used as a mascot. </b>You may remember the flap over the Atlanta baseball team and the "tomahawk chop" which Native Americans saw as a demeaning and mocking gesture. In addition, Native Americans are widely used as logos for several major U.S. corporations (e.g., Butter, Tires, Carpeting, Automobiles), all without adequate consideration for their intellectual and cultural property rights. Their symbols, arts, and crafts have been widely counterfeited, and were one of the first to be replaced by "Made in Taiwan" items. Cowboy and Indian toys are still some of the best-selling items in toy stores.

Chiefs Pantalones 08-01-2001 07:08 PM

So you're a toy salesman?

ExtremeChief 08-01-2001 07:10 PM

Quote:

and would prefer to see the remaining icons disappear. Indian nicknames (i.e., Redskins, Braves, Indians) are frequently used for athletic teams. No other ethnic group in America is used as a mascot.
hmmm.... no mention of Chiefs...ok, well go ahead and stick with the wolf we have as a mascot.

thanks for the "evidence"

aturnis 08-01-2001 07:11 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

CODY! HAHA

TOYES SALESMAN HEHEHE

HA!

One of those rare occasions when you can type LOL after really laughing out loud!

Logical 08-01-2001 07:11 PM

Warrior makes me want to check out sandwich shops on Mission Beach but my waistline prevents it. It sure was nice being young and just eating when you liked something. Just in case it might still be there do you remember the places name, I am occasionally down there and it would be a kick just to try it?

I just realized it was 25 years ago so never mind, silly question.

falstaff 08-01-2001 07:12 PM

MORE EVIDENCE:

Sports Mascots Dishonor Native Americans

Krol, Debra Utacia. "Sports Mascots Dishonor Native Americans; The Mascots Make a Caricature of Native Culture and Must Be Eliminated," News & Record (Greensboro, NC), October 15, 1999, A15.

"The pressure to stop the use of sports mascots that demean Native Americans continues to grow.

The National Coalition on Racism in Sports and the Media is gathering at Urbana, Ill., this weekend to campaign for the elimination of Indian mascots and other stereotypes of Native American people.

Urbana is home to the main campus of the University of Illinois, which has one of the most egregious sports mascots, Chief Illiniwek.

Illiniwek doesn't hold a monopoly on Native American mascots, though. For example, there's Chief Wahoo of the Cleveland Indians, who runs about drunkenly at baseball games. Other offensive images include the Washington Redskins' logo and the ''tomahawk chop'' of the Atlanta Braves.

Illiniwek claims to honor the Illini People of the Algonquin confederacy. However, the University of Illinois Web site states that the clothing worn by the mascot is actually Oglala Lakota Sioux traditional garb, made in 1930 by an''older Sioux woman ... and two younger women'' on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota.

Lakota elders reserve the ''war bonnet'' worn by the mascot for only the most honored and spiritual of Sioux leaders and consider it inappropriate for sports events.

Native American leaders, such as Suzan Shown Harjo, who successfully sued the Washington Redskins in 1998 to remove the copyright protection for its logo, have long expressed outrage over this exploitation of Native culture.

''These images should have gone (the way) of the Frito Bandito and Little Black Sambo, both of which disappeared after Hispanics and African Americans came forward to protest,'' says Charlene Teters, a Spokane tribal member and a leader of the National Coalition on Racism in Sports and the Media."

ExtremeChief 08-01-2001 07:13 PM

Warrior,

ever had a hot pepper jack grilled cheese sandwich???? I've got some in the frazidge (just for aturnis)... maybe I should give it a try????

trrrrrrroooooooollllllllllllll alert!!!!!!!!! danger, danger, danger

aturnis 08-01-2001 07:14 PM

How does it demean Native Americans? And even if they all did, Wolfs aren't Indians man!

Chiefs Pantalones 08-01-2001 07:14 PM

I knew it! This is KCWolf!!!!

Underpaid, lad?

Chiefs Pantalones 08-01-2001 07:15 PM

aturnis,

"wolves aren't indians man"

When you're high they are!

falstaff 08-01-2001 07:15 PM

I fail to see how a WOLF is a CHIEF..

We have established that the Chiefs are CLEARLY associated with Native Americans. Please review the articles in previous posts. Try to be mature.

ExtremeChief 08-01-2001 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ExtremeChief

hmmm.... no mention of Chiefs...ok, well go ahead and stick with the wolf we have as a mascot.

thanks for the "evidence"

not a repeat...trooollllllllll

Warrior5 08-01-2001 07:18 PM

Well, that does it...

Now Cody's talking about toys. It's time to <B>eat!</B> Hope I'm having something with curry, pepperjack cheese, and avocado tonight.

Good luck Vindicator; hope you'll be able to enjoy Jackstack some day.

Keg, good luck with your lawn, and I hope the weevils haven't eaten all of your spice.

DQ is closing in 5 minutes.

Hopefully, Logical's Kalua troll will continue to simmer throughout the night in the emu.

Marissa Tomei has left <I>with</I> the wine.

I still hate hazelnuts.

And Elvis has never won a playoff game.

falstaff 08-01-2001 07:19 PM

MORE EVIDENCE (Get my point???)

But what are the issues for Native Americans today? Several of the most prominent are:

(1) "Legal" attempts to rescind or restrict tribal sovereignty rights.

(2) Misuse of Native American religious symbols, such as the eagle feather.

(3) Misuse of Native American likenesses, regalia, and titles as sports or educational "mascots," by schools, colleges, baseball and football teams.

(4) Continued incarceration of Native American political prisoners and AIM activists, when clemency or new trials are clearly called for.

(5) Misuse of Native American religion by so-called New Age spiritualists and "shamans."

(6) Failure of national Civil Rights organizations, or national initiatives such as the President's Commission on Race, to include Native American concerns, members, or input.

(7) Failure of other minorities, such as African Americans who are popular sports figures, to speak out against the abuse of American Indians by big-monied sports interests. Such minorities would not sit by silently if it were their own people who were stereotyped in this way, for example, if there were teams called the "Cleveland Black Bucks," "Washington Darkies," etc.

http://home.att.net/~Numberup/Nativeissues.htm

gh4chiefs 08-01-2001 07:19 PM

Falstaff,

If the Chiefs name is the biggest problem you have, then you're a pretty lucky guy or gal.

Will this crap NEVER end?:rolleyes:

Logical 08-01-2001 07:19 PM

Quote:

I fail to see how a WOLF is a CHIEF..

We have established that the Chiefs are CLEARLY associated with Native Americans. Please review the articles in previous posts. Try to be mature.

You truly must be dense or only read your own posts dude. The Chief mascot is a Wolf not an Indian, not a Chiefs head dress but a Wolf. Do you ever pay attention? I suggest you go back and read my post on slow roasted troll you are a serious candidate for the main course, and my neighbors dog is hungry!

Chiefs Pantalones 08-01-2001 07:19 PM

Alright falstaff!,

I'm tired of your chewbacca defense, so I'm gonna go play bball.

aturnis 08-01-2001 07:20 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Quote:

Originally posted by aturnis
CODY! HAHA

Wolfs are Indians when your HIGH! HEHEHE

HA!

One of those rare occasions when you can type LOL after really laughing out loud!

Forced to re-post this one

Pearl Man 08-01-2001 07:21 PM

Chiefs fans,
I am stricken by the overwhelmingly immature responses nearly all of you have to the serious issue of racism in sports. Mr. Falstaff is simply trying to bring a very serious issue to light and what does he get? Literally hundreds of insults and ignorant one-sided responses. Despite what you Chief fans say, it is the affected party which determines what is offensive. Native Americans have been persecuted for centuries and have pride and dignity in their culture. This culture belongs to them alone. Thier culture should not be used by others in a role playing manner. One cannot become an Indian just because he or she dresses up like one. This action treats these proud people in a trivial fashion and is viewed as making a mockery of and poking fun at Indian culture. The use of American Indian imagery is an outdated and no longer acceptable practice. The Chiefs and all other teams that utilze Native American imagery should change their names out of respect for these people. Maybe you should change the name to the Kansas City Racists... Viva Falstaff...

Warrior5 08-01-2001 07:24 PM

Pearlman...

Welcome to the board.
Hey since Cody is all mum, could you share with us your favorite recipes?
Anything is welcome, unless it has hazelnuts.

gh4chiefs 08-01-2001 07:24 PM

Pearlman,

IT"S A ******* FOOTBALL TEAM, NOTHING MORE NOTHING LESS!

If someone wants to be offended by something that silly, then they're going to get those kind of response.

Grow up and go tackle an issue that really matters. Like the conditions Native Americans live in on the reservations. And forget about the stupid **** like names because it doesn't amount to a hill of beans except for people who are just looking to stir up ****!

aturnis 08-01-2001 07:24 PM

HAHA Cody,

I didn't even realize he was using the Chewbacca defense, I was so confused it just slipped right by me.

aturnis 08-01-2001 07:27 PM

Pearlman, I guess if you are all mad about other people using other peoples culture you can all stop drinking for that is in the culture of my fellow Irishmen!

morphius 08-01-2001 07:28 PM

Logical - Next they are going to tell us that one American indians used arrowheads and had Chiefs. I have no urge to read this topic all the way through, but damn troll on a stick a little over cooked on the barbie sounds good right about now.

ExtremeChief 08-01-2001 07:31 PM

PearlMan,

Obviously, you haven't even read the posts. Many of us here have stated, time and time again, that:

A wolf, not a headress, indian, or such is our mascot

We would agree that Redskins and the Braves logo could be offensive to Native Americans

We find nothing derogatory in the name "Chiefs" and obviously, Falstaff doesn't either, since he has yet to answer the simple question "What is derogatory about the name Chiefs?"

The name Chiefs was derived out of respect for Mr. Bartle, not to make fun of Native Americans

An arrowhead is something very commonly found in creek and riverbeds in missouri...Missouri's motto is where the rivers run, so arrowheads are very common here

All of the "evidence" that has been posted by your friend Falstaff has failed to mention the Chiefs, and speaks of mascots, which the Chiefs is , again, a wolf.

thanks for playing...

gh4chiefs 08-01-2001 07:34 PM

I should have never opened this thread because I knew it was going to infuriate me. I'm thinking I know why the igore command was invented and I think I know a name or two to list.

Can I help you build that fire Morph?

Logical 08-01-2001 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pearl Man
Chiefs fans,
I am stricken by the overwhelmingly immature responses nearly all of you have to the serious issue of racism in sports. Mr. Falstaff is simply trying to bring a very serious issue to light and what does he get? Literally hundreds of insults and ignorant one-sided responses. Despite what you Chief fans say, it is the affected party which determines what is offensive. Native Americans have been persecuted for centuries and have pride and dignity in their culture. This culture belongs to them alone. Thier culture should not be used by others in a role playing manner. One cannot become an Indian just because he or she dresses up like one. This action treats these proud people in a trivial fashion and is viewed as making a mockery of and poking fun at Indian culture. The use of American Indian imagery is an outdated and no longer acceptable practice. The Chiefs and all other teams that utilze Native American imagery should change their names out of respect for these people. Maybe you should change the name to the Kansas City Racists... Viva Falstaff...

Although I disagree with you, your post is basically respectful and thought out. So let me point out something about the Chiefs.

First the mascot is a Wolf not an Indian or a person wearing an Indian Headress.

Second the Chiefs were actually named after our Mayor H. Roe Bartle who lured Lamar and the team here. Mr. Bartle was very big into Boy Scouts and at Missouri's statewide Boyscout Camp in Osceolo Missouri helped developed a tribe called Mic-O-Say (spelling may be wrong it has been a long time) to reach certain position in the tribe (a tribe that is supported by several Indian organizations as a good concept incidently) you had to make life to reach the first level and Eagle to make Warrior (I may have the titles vs. Boy Scout Rank off but I left the Boy Scouts in 1967 so excuse my memory). In honor of this H. Roe Bartle was universally known as Chief (for leader, now how that can be negative is a question our falstaff friend has not answered). Thus how the Chiefs name came into existence. The Arrowhead is a remnant of that legacy and thus how the Stadium came to be named.

Please note that the Chiefs dropped Warpaint (the horse and the man in the garb of an Indian Chief many years ago. So please explain the disrespect being shown by the organization?

falstaff 08-01-2001 07:37 PM

RACISTS:

Please do not blindly attack Pearl Man, who seems to be the only other intelligent member.

AGAIN - (for the fifth time) - The fact that a WOLF runs around on the filed does not change the fact that CHIEFS is the moniker to which your team subscribes. Arrowhead is the stadium in which they lose.

Are ALL of these things just coindinces that point to Native Americans. Why are Native Americans upset? Please review the articles I posted. It will do you some good to read something besides trivial Chiefs rhetoric.

Your team is lousy. They will be terrible again this year. Help to change the name so you can have some real PRIDE in your team!

ExtremeChief 08-01-2001 07:39 PM

For the 27th time...

What is derogatory about the name Chiefs????

last chance, it's a simple question

ExtremeChief 08-01-2001 07:43 PM

CEO, CIO, CFO

why not hit up corporations for using the term Chief in their management positions?????

falstaff 08-01-2001 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by ExtremeChief
For the 27th time...

last chance, it's a simple question

IDIOT-

For the **king 27th time. Chiefs points to Native Americans who do NOT ARGEE with and are OFFENDED by the uses of Native American images in sports. PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - read the articles I posted! You are looking like a moron!

Logical 08-01-2001 07:46 PM

Falstaff,

If you can do anything but write, in other words READ, I suggest you read ExtremeChiefs post and my post to Pearlman that directly proceds yours.

Both explain how the Chiefs name came to be, the fact you did not bother to research this shows your ignorance and laziness.

Troll before casting labels which you have done from you very first thread post I suggest you think about the type of reaction such petulance will engender.

Your style is sad and basically displays the head up the rectum style of those who think they are on a holy crusade (read; mission from God) with no stake in the issue and do so just to turn attention on themselves. It is pendantic, pathetic and perjorative for you to hold others up to inane and generalized ridicule.

Put simply I suggest you grow up! :rolleyes:

Pearl Man 08-01-2001 07:48 PM

When are you Chief's fans going to get the simple concept that it is not what you perceive to be offensive to other creeds but what that group of people considers to be offensive that dictates what is appropriate and what is not. To the American Indian people the symbols of the wolf, arrowhead, and the Chief's name (not to mention the hordes of drunks with painted faces, wearing indian headresses smoking marijuana filled peace pipes sitting in their T-pee shaped camper tops on their pickup trucks at 10AM on Sunday morning in the Arrowhead parking lot) used in the context of a sport and for profit business are a blatant mockery and are disrepectful to thier rich culture...

Michael Michigan 08-01-2001 07:49 PM

Hmmm----

Pearl misspells just like falstaff.

Now it appears that falstaff is not only a racist but possesses multiple personalities.

Nice try false/pearl.

:p

Logical 08-01-2001 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Pearl Man
When are you Chief's fans going to get the simple concept that it is not what you perceive to be offensive to other creeds but what that group of people considers to be offensive that dictates what is appropriate and what is not. To the American Indian people the symbols of the wolf, arrowhead, and the Chief's name (not to mention the hordes of drunks with painted faces, wearing indian headresses smoking marijuana filled peace pipes sitting in their T-pee shaped camper tops on their pickup trucks at 10AM on Sunday morning in the Arrowhead parking lot) used in the context of a sport and for profit business are a blatant mockery and are disrepectful to thier rich culture...
Now that was nonsense and puts you in the same class as Falstaff.

You two are dismissed from the ranks of potentially intelligent posters and are both now banished to land of trolldom for slow roasting.

I suspect as already pointed out that you are both the same person and that just makes you pathetic.

ExtremeChief 08-01-2001 07:51 PM

Falstaff,

I did read the articles you posted, and, if you had taken the time to actually read responses, instead of enjoying the sound of your own voice, would see that I responded to them. In none of your articles was the word "Chiefs" present. Your articles also refer to mascots, and ours is a wolf. It's simple, these bulletin boards are for discussions, and you have no intention of discussing anything. You just want to call us racists, and when we ask you direct questions, you spin and fail to respond.

I'm done, and I'm sorry you cannot understand how to hold a logical conversation. If nothing else, this time hasn't been a total waste, I've gotten some good recipies.

G'Nite Troll...

aturnis 08-01-2001 07:51 PM

Falstaff

I see you protecting your friend Pearlman......who I believe is probably one of your friends you just by chance happened to mention the site and discussion going on here to him and he conviniently showed up....go hold your circle jerk somewhere else!

falstaff 08-01-2001 07:53 PM

"logic"man,

I believe Pearl Man and I have made it evident that the Chiefs team offends a large racial group. If you do not believe me, please refer to the articles and statements from Native American Organizations.

The simple fact of the matter is - the name 'Chiefs' offends a large group of individuals.

'******" "Spic" "WOP" "Kraut" "Slant" "Raghead" "person of Hispanic heritage" and "Camel Jockey" are just words, but I choose NOT to use them due to the fact that it offends large groups of individuals.

aturnis 08-01-2001 07:55 PM

WHAT?!?!

We have Marijuana filled peace pipes at arrowhead?!?!?! Have you guys been holding out on me?!?!?! I want my share!

Michael Michigan 08-01-2001 07:56 PM

posted by falstaff--

The fact that a WOLF runs around on the filed (sic) does not change the fact that CHIEFS is the moniker to which your team subscribes.

posted by falstaff aka Pearl Man

Thier (sic) culture should not be used by others in a role playing manner.

Do you talk to yourself also?

Tomahawk 11 08-01-2001 07:58 PM

I haven't read through all of the replies and stuff so I may be repeating a lot or maybe not at all.

In my view, the name of a sports team should represent something that is a powerful force. That is why every team has opted not to name their team the Lambs or Sissies. A Chief is obviously one of those things that is powerful. I don't see how that is insulting or demoralizing.

There is such a thing as being desensitized and at the same time there is such a thing as being over sensitive. I think reacting this way to the name Chiefs is over sensitive. I don't deny that racism exists in every aspect of America and sports. Every race has somewhat of a superiority complex or reasons to think that they are better than the other groups. The thing that I have grown tired of is the seemingly popular belief that whites are the only source of racism.

Anyway, at least their name isn't the MISSORIANS. :D