ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   In Memoriam (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   We lost a poster and a friend yesterday [Crazyhorse] (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=262290)

DaneMcCloud 08-12-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8812263)
They botched the first one and he recently went in for another transplanet and he got an infection and died unexpectantly.

I thought I read that the transplanted lung itself was infected?

DaFace 08-12-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 8812266)

I'm and idiot for not reading the OP carefully, but yes, that seems to be correct.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 8811051)
Crazyhorse has passed away. He fought a very long and hard battle. He went in to get another lung transplant, since they messed up on the first set of lungs. Well this time these lungs came with a bacteria/fungus that attacked the incisions including where these lungs were attached to his body. It was something that could not be overcome.

He will be missed.

Pretty shitty deal. This would seem to indicate that it wasn't at all expected (though obviously a known possibility).

Otter 08-12-2012 07:27 PM

Damn. Sorry to hear. He'll be remembered in thoughts and prayers.

BigRedChief 08-12-2012 07:32 PM

Quote:

I worked as a Respiratory Therapist for 9 years. Took care of many lung transplant patients. Never heard of a lung having an existing fungus/bacteria and placing it in a serious compromised patient anyway. Doesnt make sense.

Besides rejection of the lung, infection is the #1 cause of death from lung transplants.

DaneMcCloud 08-12-2012 07:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 8812298)
I worked as a Respiratory Therapist for 9 years. Took care of many lung transplant patients. Never heard of a lung having an existing fungus/bacteria and placing it in a serious compromised patient anyway.

Was that your cover in Lebanon or Kuala Lumpur?

:D

Phobia 08-12-2012 08:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8812234)
RIP good man. Hope they show Chiefs games up in heaven.

Nah - they show Patriots games. Chiefs games are shown in hell. Obviously.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-12-2012 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8812501)

I thought about posting something like this earlier but decided this wasn't the place for it.

Phobia comes through though lol.

Simplicity 08-12-2012 08:58 PM

Chiefs games are used as America's technique for torcher.

EDIT: RIP MAN RIP

KCFalcon59 08-12-2012 08:59 PM

Sad. RIP.

Chief Roundup 08-12-2012 10:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rain Man (Post 8812121)
Hey Roundup, didn't Crazyhorse have a couple of kids? How are they doing and what's their status?

Yes he has a son and a wife. Both are doing very well all things considered.

Chief Roundup 08-12-2012 10:44 PM

Quote:

From the way I understand it is that all of our bodies carry certain bacteria and or viruses among other things like that around all the time and everything is ok. But when they get transplanted the other persons body may see them as bad and try to attack them which will make them actually do harm to the recipients body with a weak immune system.

DaneMcCloud 08-12-2012 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 8812726)
From the way I understand it is that all of our bodies carry certain bacteria and or viruses among other things like that around all the time and everything is ok. But when they get transplanted the other persons body may see them as bad and try to attack them which will make them actually do harm to the recipients body with a weak immune system.

Right, that's the way I've always understood it can happen. Anyway, I'm very sad to hear that he passed.

Best to his family.

Lumpy 08-12-2012 10:51 PM

I was just told about Crazyhorse and wanted to pay my respects.

I didn't know CH on a personal level, but have conversed w/ him on the board a few times. I was unaware that he had lung cancer and was going through transplants. More shocking was how young he was when he passed. :( My heart goes out to his family and friends.

RIP, Crazyhorse.

Dr. Johnny Fever 08-12-2012 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lumpy (Post 8812738)
I was just told about Crazyhorse and wanted to pay my respects.

I didn't know CH on a personal level, but have conversed w/ him on the board a few times. I was unaware that he had lung cancer and was going through transplants. More shocking was how young he was when he passed. :( My heart goes out to his family and friends.

RIP, Crazyhorse.

This is pretty much how I feel. I'm not sure CH and I ever interacted but I do remember him. It hurts to lose a CP member any time.

Al Bundy 08-12-2012 10:57 PM

Quote:

I shouldn't have laughed... but I did. Fever has said what I feel, hurts to lose a CP member.

Frankie 08-12-2012 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr. Johnny Fever (Post 8812252)
See that's why I put it in a rep so you could avoid any public embarrassment. Now you've pointed it out though, heh.

It seems like you may have been a friend of his. Sorry for your loss.

Thanks for the consideration Dr. J. It's nice enough that you gave me the option of hiding or admitting embarrassment.

I had a couple of PMs back and forth with him asking him how he was doing months after his first transplant. He appreciated my asking him and replied very kindly. That's all. But his passing is a shock to me because I was hoping he'd get a good lung the 2nd time around and pull through.

Phobia 08-12-2012 11:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8812772)
I was hoping he'd get a good lung the 2nd time around and pull through.

I think we all did. Or at least the vast majority of us... He was somewhat blessed in that he got an extra 5 years with that first transplant. Madmax had no such luxury. I don't know why and I don't want to get all political but here were two guys who had organ disease/failures. One got a second lease and one died looking for a transplant. RIP to both big hearted members of this community.

big nasty kcnut 08-12-2012 11:42 PM

Crazyhorse may you rip and go to the kingdom of god and receive your seat next to god. God bless his family in their hour of grief.

Jiu Jitsu Jon 08-13-2012 12:24 AM

Sorry to hear that. I know as rivals we enjoy taking the piss out of each other, but my condolences. Rest in peace.

KS Smitty 08-13-2012 12:48 AM

RIP CrazyHorse... He was a very level-headed poster who had been dealt a crappy hand in life(or by the white man which he never said), yet he went ahead and blazed a trail for not only his generation but many yet to come. We should all be so strong.

|Zach| 08-13-2012 01:34 AM

Quote:

LMAO

ROYC75 08-13-2012 07:16 AM

He fought this battle courageously,he and I connected well for he had the same lung illness my wife has. He chose the lung transplants and my wife chose not to have them.

My wife has lived a good life, continuing to impress her lung doctors while still living.

RIP friend.

scho63 08-13-2012 09:57 AM

This is a terribly sad story and my condolences to his family and friends.

May he Rest in Peace and his suffering come to an end.

Remember how fragile life is.......

Rain Man 08-13-2012 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 8812715)
Yes he has a son and a wife. Both are doing very well all things considered.

Well, that's good. For some reason I was thinking he was a single dad. I'm glad that the rest of the family remains intact.

Frankie 08-13-2012 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KS Smitty (Post 8812843)
RIP CrazyHorse... He was a very level-headed poster who had been dealt a crappy hand in life(or by the white man which he never said), yet he went ahead and blazed a trail for not only his generation but many yet to come. We should all be so strong.

Not important, but I'm curious. Was CH of non-white ethnicity?

DanT 08-13-2012 11:24 AM

I'm sad to hear this. He was a good poster.

RIP, Crazyhorse.

38yrsfan 08-13-2012 11:37 AM

Sincerest condolences to family and frends.

Phobia 08-13-2012 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8813435)

He never posted any pictures of him jumping over fires, never spoke of a special affinity for watermelon, and his mustang didn't seem to have any pointless swag accessories, so I'm guessing "anglo".

KC Dan 08-13-2012 11:55 AM

My sincere condolances to the surviving family. A big loss for sure

Rain Man 08-13-2012 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8813435)

White men oppress me, and I'm white. We all hate the white man.

Bwana 08-13-2012 12:14 PM

Damn, just got back from the mountains and this is the first thing I read, RIP.

Evenrude 08-13-2012 12:35 PM

RIP. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Radar Chief 08-13-2012 12:37 PM

Crazy Horse was a good guy. He will be missed.

Frankie 08-13-2012 12:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phobia (Post 8813587)
He never posted any pictures of him jumping over fires, never spoke of a special affinity for watermelon, and his mustang didn't seem to have any pointless swag accessories, so I'm guessing "anglo".

Yet he called himself Crazy Horse. :hmmm:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8813738)
Crazy Horse was a good guy. He will be missed.

This.

DaFace 08-13-2012 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frankie (Post 8813776)
Yet he called himself Crazy Horse. :hmmm:

He's a Chiefs fan, so that could be the reason for the name. I personally have no clue, though.

DeezNutz 08-13-2012 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8813808)
He's a Chiefs fan, so that could be the reason for the name. I personally have no clue, though.

Didn't he have an avi for a Mustang? Thought it might be an auto reference.

Demonpenz 08-13-2012 02:01 PM

He had an 80's Mustang. He posted it quite a bit on car threads. It wasn't very crazy though. You would figured a "Crazyhorse" mustang would have silly straws or something taped to it.

Radar Chief 08-13-2012 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8813951)
He had an 80's Mustang. He posted it quite a bit on car threads. It wasn't very crazy though. You would figured a "Crazyhorse" mustang would have silly straws or something taped to it.

I think it was a little older than that.
Took a little digging but I found it in the Cool Car picture topic.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=485
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=484
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=483

IA_Chiefs_fan 08-13-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8814186)
I think it was a little older than that.
Took a little digging but I found it in the Cool Car picture topic.

http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=485
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=484
http://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showp...&postcount=483

I hope his son is able to keep the car.

Demonpenz 08-13-2012 03:46 PM

Nice find. I Wonder if we can add the mustang to the Top of the page? Or does this place require a camero

Chief Roundup 08-13-2012 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8814267)
Nice find. I Wonder if we can add the mustang to the Top of the page? Or does this place require a camero

I don't really know how to add pictures and stuff very well but if a Mod wants to add it that would be cool. As far as I am concerned.

johnny961 08-13-2012 06:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demonpenz (Post 8813951)

I'm not a huge Mustang guy but from the links to the pics of his ride its definately much older than this. Like a 1964 to 1968 vintage. I think they changed from this general body style somewhere around 1969. These Mustangs were small and fairly lightweight. Didn't take gobs of horsepower to make these small cars haul ass. I always thought his username probably referred to his Mustang...probably hopped up and fast. That plus the line "all motor" under the pic in his avi is generally used by car guys that have a bad ass fast ride with no power adder like a supercharger or nitrous oxide. Hence the term all motor. Guy was definately a car guy.

Titty Meat 08-13-2012 07:16 PM

RIP

Dylan 08-13-2012 07:18 PM

My heartfelt condolences go out to all.

KCBOSS1 08-13-2012 07:37 PM

One of my very good friends. He and His wife took my wife and I out to dinner to tell us the news when he was diagnosed. He was working out, in great condition, just couldn't believe it. He was the one who directed me to the planet. We disagreed about alot of things concerning the Chiefs and sometimes I would debate him about it. Seriously witty and you'd better bring your A game to get into a verbal smack down with Him. He was the absolute the most honest, transparent person I've ever met. He adored his wife and son and had no regrets when He died. He was seriously a man of impeccable character, but if he said he would beat you down if He saw you, you'd better be on your guard. He spit no empty words.

After He was diagnosed, our conversations became much more candid and heartfelt. He had amazing insight on a lot of things and once told me, "The most valuable thing you possess is your self-respect". He's right.

Just thought I would pass it on.

KCBOSS1 08-13-2012 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IA_Chiefs_fan (Post 8814231)
I hope his son is able to keep the car.

Not to worry about that. He actually finished this car while he was really sick, dragging oxygen tanks around. You talking about hops man, this car's a screamer. He did it right, inside-out. I saw it when he had just gotten the motor right, before he started any of the bodywork/paint, etc. Other friends on here may have seen it as well.

johnny961 08-13-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCBOSS1 (Post 8815068)
Not to worry about that. He actually finished this car while he was really sick, dragging oxygen tanks around. You talking about hops man, this car's a screamer. He did it right, inside-out. I saw it when he had just gotten the motor right, before he started any of the bodywork/paint, etc. Other friends on here may have seen it as well.

Too bad crazyhorse didn't get to enjoy the car more though. Although to most car guys half of the fun is building it. At least his son should get some enjoyment out of it. By the way sorry about your loss. Sounds like you guys were pretty good friends.

Raiderhater58 08-13-2012 08:28 PM

R.I.P. CrazyHorse

RJ 08-13-2012 08:38 PM

Damn, so sorry to hear that. Seemed like a real good dude. RIP.

Braincase 08-13-2012 08:40 PM

RIP. Damn few like him. Prayers for him and his family.

Frankie 08-13-2012 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braincase (Post 8815199)
RIP. Damn few like him. Prayers for him and his family.

On the contrary, I think many like him.

OK I'm being silly. Sorry Crazy Horse for getting silly in your thread. Pop one open there in heaven for us the still earthbound Chiefs fans.

Inspector 08-14-2012 07:33 AM

Wow, very sad. Just a couple of years older than my oldest kid. Thats waaaay too young.

Prayers for the family.

RIP

Luke Warm 08-14-2012 12:18 PM

Sorry for your loss, CP.

Radar Chief 08-14-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny961 (Post 8814866)
I'm not a huge Mustang guy but from the links to the pics of his ride its definately much older than this. Like a 1964 to 1968 vintage. I think they changed from this general body style somewhere around 1969. These Mustangs were small and fairly lightweight. Didn't take gobs of horsepower to make these small cars haul ass. I always thought his username probably referred to his Mustang...probably hopped up and fast. That plus the line "all motor" under the pic in his avi is generally used by car guys that have a bad ass fast ride with no power adder like a supercharger or nitrous oxide. Hence the term all motor. Guy was definately a car guy.

That’s what I was thinking, ’64-68. About ’69-70 is when they started getting bigger.
CH once posted a YouTube video of it and it was a tire smoking monster. IIRC he told me the engine was a Mustang 302 stroked to 347, forged bottom end, roller top end, around 11:1 CR. Just a nasty street rod.

Radar Chief 08-14-2012 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by johnny961 (Post 8815111)
Too bad crazyhorse didn't get to enjoy the car more though. Although to most car guys half of the fun is building it. At least his son should get some enjoyment out of it. By the way sorry about your loss. Sounds like you guys were pretty good friends.

Yes, CH was a gear head. Building it was “a labor of love”, his words.

Sweet Daddy Hate 08-14-2012 02:59 PM

Crazy Horse and I didn't always agree, but then again this is Chiefs Planet and that's pretty much what we do here.

RIP.

DaFace 08-14-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8816994)
That’s what I was thinking, ’64-68. About ’69-70 is when they started getting bigger.
CH once posted a YouTube video of it and it was a tire smoking monster. IIRC he told me the engine was a Mustang 302 stroked to 347, forged bottom end, roller top end, around 11:1 CR. Just a nasty street rod.

Not sure if this is the video you're talking about, but here's one I stole from the Orange Mane's thread. It's from 2008, so I assume he did quite a bit of work since then based on his avatar.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tZT_L8FRsgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Radar Chief 08-14-2012 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8817362)
Not sure if this is the video you're talking about, but here's one I stole from the Orange Mane's thread. It's from 2008, so I assume he did quite a bit of work since then based on his avatar.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/tZT_L8FRsgo" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Good find. :thumb: I believe that is it, before body work and paint.

Chief Roundup 08-14-2012 06:42 PM

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Z6QEiKLKmxM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

In this one you can hear his voice and that is his son starting the car. His son will keep this car.

As you can tell in these videos there was already a lot of work done to the car as far as the underside and the engine compartment.

Chief Roundup 08-14-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 8817362)

yes that is the other one I was going to post.

Chief Roundup 08-14-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8816994)

It actually has a 351 that is bored and such to be a 393. It has Trick Flow heads and other stuff that is over my head. I know it was over 500 HP and 500 Torque.
It is a 64 and 1/2 original v8 mustang. He basicly bought the title, the car was in that bad of shape. I don't know that there is a bolt or nut in that car that is not new. I am not exaggerating. It is beautiful. It is a huge attention getter too.

morphius 08-14-2012 07:52 PM

People just keep passing away here, I'm starting to think we might need to be quarantined.

RIP Crazyhorse, thoughts and prayers for the family.

memyselfI 08-15-2012 07:43 AM

So very sorry to hear this. RIP and condolences to his family, friends, and those who loved him.

Radar Chief 08-15-2012 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 8817942)
It actually has a 351 that is bored and such to be a 393. It has Trick Flow heads and other stuff that is over my head. I know it was over 500 HP and 500 Torque.
It is a 64 and 1/2 original v8 mustang. He basicly bought the title, the car was in that bad of shape. I don't know that there is a bolt or nut in that car that is not new. I am not exaggerating. It is beautiful. It is a huge attention getter too.

I’ll have to take your word for it. I was pulling that from memory clouded by a few years worth of booze consumption. I remembered he stroked an SBF, just assumed it was the more popular 302 to 347.

johnny961 08-15-2012 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radar Chief (Post 8819301)
I’ll have to take your word for it. I was pulling that from memory clouded by a few years worth of booze consumption. I remembered he stroked an SBF, just assumed it was the more popular 302 to 347.

Like I mentioned earlier I'm not much of a Mustang guy but I was figuring the same when you mentioned it. From what I understand from people who have done this swap that 351 windsor engine is like an inch taller and two inches wider physically than the 302 even though they are the same engine family because Ford used a taller block in the 351 to accomodate the longer stroke. I've been told its very doable but kinda a pain fitting the 351 in these smaller 'stangs just because of clearance issues. This guy must have had one hell of a time getting that all to fit so cleanly. And from what I can see the guy did a very meticulous job. Thanks for the videos. I enjoy seeing nicely done up rides like this one.Thats one nice ride that his son can be very proud of.

johnny961 08-15-2012 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 8817942)

WOW. Thats gotta be a handful in that small car. Thanks for the videos.

Frankie 08-15-2012 01:55 PM

Well I'm out of this thread. Here's to you Crazy Horse.

http://www.colourbox.com/preview/428...-with-beer.jpg

May your coach in heaven be comfortable and your reception of the Chiefs games be clear.

:thumb: