ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Let's talk about the Flaming Thumbtacks (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=340329)

Sevenfeet 10-21-2021 08:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlackOp (Post 15906147)
How did the Titans lose to the Jets....the Bills game was the first time I've seen them this year. They kind of looked like they do every year...like a 10 win team.

The Titans have an amazing ability to get into trap games and play absolutely awful. They also have the capability of being the trap game for really good opponents. It's maddening for Titans fans since many around Nashville were warning that this kind of game was a recipe for disaster given our track record, especially early in the season.

We can deal with getting pasted by the Cardinals in week 1. Yeah, it wasn't a good luck but the Cardinals are one of the best teams in football. But the Jets just suck. And there's no excuse for that. We could easily be 5-1 if we just took care of business with a very beatable opponent. But we forget sometimes that the other team is full of prideful professional players that want to win too. And if you let a bad team hang around for too long, you can end up in a dogfight where you can easily lose....which is what happened to us.

Sevenfeet 10-21-2021 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbarrel (Post 15906223)
Maybe, I know it's crAzy. The Bills are just not that good. The only team they beat was a sorry Chiefs team(at the time :) ).

The Bills can beat anyone in this league. As can the Cards, Bucs, and yes, the Chiefs. We can never take the Chiefs lightly, especially with a team led by Patrick. It's like Jackson with the Ravens....anything can happen when they play.

The Chiefs may be 3-3 but only an idiot considers them a true .500 ball club.

Chris Meck 10-21-2021 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevenfeet (Post 15906649)
The Bills can beat anyone in this league. As can the Cards, Bucs, and yes, the Chiefs. We can never take the Chiefs lightly, especially with a team led by Patrick. It's like Jackson with the Ravens....anything can happen when they play.

The Chiefs may be 3-3 but only an idiot considers them a true .500 ball club.

A reasonable fan has come to our board. Welcome!

Henry is scary. He's always a problem, and while we've been better against the run the last few weeks, we haven't been playing...Derrick Henry. We'll see. The problem for the Titans I think is just that their defense isn't very good, is down a couple corners, and Mahomes is...well, Mahomes. IF we don't turn the ball over, (which is a BIG IF this season) I don't see how Tennessee can score enough to hang. But if we get a couple of keystone cops moments, we could easily lose.

I don't understand Tennessee's defensive problems. Your head coach is Vrabel. You've had a couple of seasons now to fix it. What the hell?

BossChief 10-22-2021 01:12 AM

I’m a little concerned about how Tennessee will come out.

Have they been waiting almost 2 years to get revenge for shutting Henry down in the AFCCG and embarrassing them

Or

Do they KNOW we will beat them and will come out half flat while we run up a big lead and take them out of their element

It’s also interesting to see how Frank Clark and that front 7 do early in the game against the rush. If we come out flat, Tennessee could never make it to third down in the first series and DH arrows 3 Chiefs into the end zone

But….if we could force them into back to back 3 n outs to start it by playing physical smart football and out some big hits on Henry, we could crush them early.

Sevenfeet 10-22-2021 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 15906763)
A reasonable fan has come to our board. Welcome!

Henry is scary. He's always a problem, and while we've been better against the run the last few weeks, we haven't been playing...Derrick Henry. We'll see. The problem for the Titans I think is just that their defense isn't very good, is down a couple corners, and Mahomes is...well, Mahomes. IF we don't turn the ball over, (which is a BIG IF this season) I don't see how Tennessee can score enough to hang. But if we get a couple of keystone cops moments, we could easily lose.

I don't understand Tennessee's defensive problems. Your head coach is Vrabel. You've had a couple of seasons now to fix it. What the hell?

The Titans have learned to be very very patient with the run game. Most teams that fall behind early tend to abandon it quickly. If that happens to us, conventional wisdom is that pounding the rock is still better that having Tannehill throw the ball 40 times. Not that Tannehill is bad at it, but as time goes on, Henry doesn't lose much strength or speed where the defenses always run down, allowing more yards per carry and the big chunk plays or home run.

The Titans defense has actually been playing better this year, but that's not hard considering that last year we were league leading bad in so many places. This season the front D-line is playing a LOT better. Harold Landry has been getting to the QB a lot more....it's taken three years for him to come into his own but it looks like its happening. Jeffery Simmons in the middle is really good, especially against the run and was the immovable force that Josh Allen faced when he tried to sneak it at the end of the Bills game last week. And free agent acquisition Bud Dupree is still not 100%, trying to come back from injury but he's a lot closer than he has been.

The secondary has been a bigger problem, mainly due to injury. Last week we literally ran out of spare corners as the game progressed at the end. But Janoris "Jackrabbit" Jenkins was a hopeful free agent signing and has not lived up to the hype. Our first round pick Chris Farley tore his ACL last week after spending much of this season nursing shoulder injuries. The bright spot in the secondary is as usual, Kevin Byard, who after a lackluster season seems to be back to his Pro Bowl ways. If there's an interception to be made, he's the one usually near the ball.

As for why we've been struggling on defense in the recent Vrabel era, it's hard to say for certain. Our defensive coordinator Shawn Bowen only got the official job this year and last year he was in a weird no man's land sharing it with Vrabel himself. Whatever they were doing, it wasn't working. Things were a lot better when we had defensive legend Dean Pees leading the charge. He retired two years ago, then un-retired when former Titans OC Arthur Smith took the HC job at Atlanta this season.

Sevenfeet 10-22-2021 05:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 15906908)
I’m a little concerned about how Tennessee will come out.

Have they been waiting almost 2 years to get revenge for shutting Henry down in the AFCCG and embarrassing them

Or

Do they KNOW we will beat them and will come out half flat while we run up a big lead and take them out of their element

It’s also interesting to see how Frank Clark and that front 7 do early in the game against the rush. If we come out flat, Tennessee could never make it to third down in the first series and DH arrows 3 Chiefs into the end zone

But….if we could force them into back to back 3 n outs to start it by playing physical smart football and out some big hits on Henry, we could crush them early.

KC has historically carved us up because we've never had anyone who could keep up with Hill and Kelce, but then again, that problem has been league wide, not just us. I still think we'll try to play a lot of zone to compensate. Our problem in the secondary has been broken assignments than end up leaving people super wide open. It's getting a little better but it still happened in the Bills game where Jenkins didn't follow the WR to the end zone for....reasons and Allen probably had the easiest TD pass he'll have this season.

Even with the Bills victory last week, it wasn't pretty watching the early Titans drives which were just awful. The defense actually kept them in the game, keeping the Bills out of the end zone on the first two deep drives for only 6 points. Then Henry ran past everyone for 76 yards in the second quarter and then it was a real game.

Chris Meck 10-22-2021 05:49 AM

Oh, The Titans won't come out flat.

Nobody comes out flat against KC. Nobody.

Jeff.Fisher 10-22-2021 08:59 AM

With the chefs window officially closed, and you guys playing for a wild card berth, is it safe to say that patches isn't as good as everyone thought? Or has he regressed like most other early career quarterback sensations?

ptlyon 10-22-2021 09:02 AM

See you Sunday

Best22 10-22-2021 09:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher (Post 15907113)
With the chefs window officially closed, and you guys playing for a wild card berth, is it safe to say that patches isn't as good as everyone thought? Or has he regressed like most other early career quarterback sensations?

We’re just going to keep fulfilling our role as the Missouri team that prevents the Titans from winning a SB. First the Rams, now us

RunKC 10-22-2021 09:20 AM

Quote:

Have you watched Tannehill? He’s terrible this year

Coochie liquor 10-22-2021 09:21 AM

Quote:

Desperation... you reek of it!! League circles have Chiefs as a heavy favorite, at your house. League circles aren’t putting one of their hit men (****ing Blakeman, or Cheffers), which doesn’t bode well for the Tits.

ThaVirus 10-22-2021 09:22 AM

Looks like AJ Brown is still dealing with the effects of food poisoning, or at least he was yesterday.

arrwheader 10-22-2021 09:38 AM

Hitchens probably out, Neiman gonna play a lot and get powned. Read an article saying spags thought neiman did a great job last week. Guess he missed it when he got torched by the TE for that TD.

It also talked about hitch wearing the helmet with the mic to call the defense on the field, guess neiman was switching helmets when hitch was out.

Translation neiman probably the qb of the D. We might be completely ****ed.

Hammock Parties 10-22-2021 09:50 AM

Niemann will be fine playing MLB from the neck up.

I just hope he can tackle.

Red Beans 10-22-2021 09:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arrwheader (Post 15907191)
Hitchens probably out, Neiman gonna play a lot and get powned. Read an article saying spags thought neiman did a great job last week. Guess he missed it when he got torched by the TE for that TD.

It also talked about hitch wearing the helmet with the mic to call the defense on the field, guess neiman was switching helmets when hitch was out.

Translation neiman probably the qb of the D. We might be completely ****ed.

Neiman's lacking the physical skills to be successful. I think he's got the brains, just not the ability. When he's ****ing up it's not typically due to play diagnosis or reaction. He's just slow and not terribly physical. Regardless, we are probably ****ed.

CoMoChief 10-22-2021 09:55 AM

Chiefs may still win by a short margin, but I think the Titans destroy Chiefs D with play-action all day.

arrwheader 10-22-2021 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Red Beans (Post 15907228)
Neiman's lacking the physical skills to be successful. I think he's got the brains, just not the ability. When he's ****ing up it's not typically due to play diagnosis or reaction. He's just slow and not terribly physical. Regardless, we are probably ****ed.

annnnnd who does that remind you of?

SORENSON

CoMoChief 10-22-2021 10:16 AM

Neiman should be a ST player ONLY.

Tbh, I don't think he deserves a roster spot at all.

The ST game is being phased out in today's game anyway. Not worth it wasting a roster spot on him.

BigChiefTN 10-22-2021 10:26 AM

Quote:

I wouldn’t say that our window is officially closed. A win on Sunday and we Re right back in the thick of things. The Ravens
could be tough to catch for the HFA but we can take care of them in Baltimore next time if needed.

Gary Cooper 10-22-2021 11:10 AM

Quote:

Officially closed? By whom? The officials? Nobody's window is closed in the NFL.

YayMike 10-22-2021 11:27 AM

Can we get Niemann off the field too? Even with Hitchens hurt? How about a parking cone?

Jeff.Fisher 10-22-2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JudasRising20 (Post 15907357)
Officially closed? By whom? The officials? Nobody's window is closed in the NFL.

Going back to last years super bowl, the chefs are a mediocre team with a losing record. The chatter in league circles reflects this. There is talk that patches hasn't spent his training time working very hard like other good quarterbacks.

Ps. Dont get mad at me.. I'm only relaying what I hear in league circles

Rainbarrel 10-22-2021 11:41 AM

Oh, the dick is there. Other things on the mind are diverting the blood flow. Some green and now a little blue pill should correct that.

ptlyon 10-22-2021 11:42 AM

Are these "league circles" you keep referring to are your buddies that come over for MNF in Titans jerseys and jock straps and play grab ass while drinking bud light seltzers?

Hammock Parties 10-22-2021 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher (Post 15907406)
There is talk that patches hasn't spent his training time working very hard like other good quarterbacks.

How do you account for the fact that Mahomes is:

3rd in yards
1st in TDs
2nd in QBR

Dante84 10-22-2021 11:56 AM

The faster we can get a 2 possession lead, the better. I hate the idea of letting them hang around and being able to grind the game away with Henry, to win on a late field goal.

I'd like us to score first, and immediately come back and get another td or fg so we can play the game on our terms.

That just hasn't been the case yet this season.

Coochie liquor 10-22-2021 12:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15907449)
The faster we can get a 2 possession lead, the better. I hate the idea of letting them hang around and being able to grind the game away with Henry, to win on a late field goal.

I'd like us to score first, and immediately come back and get another td or fg so we can play the game on our terms.

I think we’re gonna see the same team we saw in the second half of the WFT game. Just seemed like the team finally found its groove, on both sides of the ball. Won’t be an easy win, but I think the team is about to go on a tear, and ride that momentum into the playoffs.

KChiefs1 10-22-2021 12:24 PM

All the talking head experts are picking the Tits so that’s good.

The Chiefs need the win more than the Tits so that’s good too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hammock Parties 10-22-2021 12:27 PM

mahomes is not losing to ryan tannehill

we have lost three games to elite QBs

we're about to rape everyone else

The Franchise 10-22-2021 12:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 15907449)

It doesn’t matter. They’ll run because they know that Henry can break off a long run.

Andy needs to look at every game from here on out as the lead being able to change quickly. Pedal to the floor…step on people’s throats. It’s the only way we’re winning.

GloryDayz 10-22-2021 01:46 PM

Quote:

https://media.giphy.com/media/srTYyZ1BjBtGU/giphy.gif

FloridaMan88 10-22-2021 01:49 PM

Quote:

If Mahomes does nothing else in his career, he’s already accomplished more than your laughingstock franchise… winning a Super Bowl.

Cheater5 10-22-2021 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher (Post 15907406)
Going back to last years super bowl, the chefs are a mediocre team with a losing record. The chatter in league circles reflects this. There is talk that patches hasn't spent his training time working very hard like other good quarterbacks.

Ps. Dont get mad at me.. I'm only relaying what I hear in league circles

https://media3.giphy.com/media/jtXOe...LRR7/giphy.gif

Hammock Parties 10-22-2021 02:07 PM

THEY'RE ALL PLAYING

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyreek Hill, Joe Thuney, Chris Jones, and Charvarius Ward are questionable for Sunday’s game. Michael Burton, Jody Fortson, and Anthony Hitchens are out.<a href="https://t.co/h9tyUtKQlD">https://t.co/h9tyUtKQlD</a></p>&mdash; Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1451635915789643783?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chief Roundup 10-22-2021 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15907662)
THEY'RE ALL PLAYING

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Tyreek Hill, Joe Thuney, Chris Jones, and Charvarius Ward are questionable for Sunday’s game. Michael Burton, Jody Fortson, and Anthony Hitchens are out.<a href="https://t.co/h9tyUtKQlD">https://t.co/h9tyUtKQlD</a></p>— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) <a href="https://twitter.com/Chiefs/status/1451635915789643783?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

With Hitchens out we will be seeing Nieman on every snap instead of Gay and Bolton.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

KCUnited 10-22-2021 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cheater5 (Post 15907654)

Off topic but my wife got me one of those neck/shoulder massagers last xmas and I freaking love the thing.

Hammock Parties 10-22-2021 02:31 PM

Julio limited two days in a row. GT decision I bet.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FCVBrAMX...pg&name=medium

Taylor Lewan is OUT. Bud Dupree aggravating something could be huge.

KChiefs1 10-22-2021 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15907690)
Julio limited two days in a row. GT decision I bet.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FCVBrAMX...pg&name=medium

Taylor Lewan is OUT. Bud Dupree aggravating something could be huge.

AJ Brown has food poisoning. I don’t know how long it takes to get over that.

Hammock Parties 10-22-2021 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15907702)

Punch him in the gut on EVERY PLAY!

Goldmember 10-22-2021 02:59 PM

According to this site 74% of the "experts" are picking the Chiefs straight up- www.nflpickwatch.com

Hammock Parties 10-22-2021 03:16 PM

lmao

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">like for reals tim <a href="https://t.co/yDqPPvvnj0">pic.twitter.com/yDqPPvvnj0</a></p>&mdash; Kali Mahomes (@ClayWendler) <a href="https://twitter.com/ClayWendler/status/1451658440972046339?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">October 22, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

FloridaMan88 10-22-2021 03:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief Roundup (Post 15907677)
With Hitchens out we will be seeing Nieman on every snap instead of Gay and Bolton.

At least that line-up will only include one slow ass LB (Niemann) as opposed to the usual double slow ass trouble when him and Hitchens are in the game together.

RaidersOftheCellar 10-22-2021 03:24 PM

Quote:

Killin it actually. On pace for a career high in TDs. Will probably add 4 or 5 more to the total this weekend.

Sevenfeet 10-22-2021 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 15907702)

AJ Brown got food poisoning from a local Chipotle a week ago Friday. He had three IVs leading up to the Bills game. Today was the first day he's practiced since so I'm assuming he's ok now.

Lewan (LT) being out isn't a surprise. Considering he was severely concussed in the game and was brought out on a board as a precaution, I wasn't thinking we'd see him until next week's Indy game at the earliest.

Bud Dupree has been nursing that knee all season. The fact that he may be available at all is good for the Titans.

Hoping Amani Hooker can play for a decimated secondary but I have my doubts. If he's not full speed against your receivers/ends then it's best if he sits.

Jeremy McNichols is our alternative running back who usually gets put into 3rd and long pass plays. He's been a great tool for us and has enough speed to get the first down in screen situations. Hopefully he can come back.

Rainbarrel 10-22-2021 04:59 PM

75° 30-50% thunderstorms

KChiefs1 10-22-2021 06:51 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...2aa1322488.jpg

KChiefs1 10-22-2021 07:37 PM

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/202...da8b8a7fcf.jpg

BigChiefTN 10-22-2021 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rainbarrel (Post 15907911)
75° 30-50% thunderstorms

Not any longer..
75 at kickoff 79 at half
No Rain….

RaidersOftheCellar 10-23-2021 02:23 AM

As Simms said, look for the Chiefs to continue last week’s defensive strategy. The biggest issue over the first 5 games was not keeping it simple. They were trying to throw too many complicated coverages at teams and weren’t executing well. This led to a lot of breakdowns.

Against Washington, they kept it simple in coverage and blitzed more aggressively. And voila, suddenly they looked like the defense we’ve seen the last two years. It was ludicrous to think that a relatively solid defense turned into a historically bad defense overnight. They were just trying too many new things and were consistently screwing up the details.

Limiting Sorenson’s snaps and moving Jones back to DT are two more important steps to get back to where they need to be.

arrwheader 10-23-2021 08:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 15908231)
As Simms said, look for the Chiefs to continue last week’s defensive strategy. The biggest issue over the first 5 games was not keeping it simple. They were trying to throw too many complicated coverages at teams and weren’t executing well. This led to a lot of breakdowns.

Against Washington, they kept it simple in coverage and blitzed more aggressively. And voila, suddenly they looked like the defense we’ve seen the last two years. It was ludicrous to think that a relatively solid defense turned into a historically bad defense overnight. They were just trying too many new things and were consistently screwing up the details.

Limiting Sorenson’s snaps and moving Jones back to DT are two more important steps to get back to where they need to be.

I just can't believe they didn't do it sooner. They literally expiremented with doing that at the worst time of their schedule in AFC playoff seeding games. I guess you have to try it out for an extended time to let players get the hang of it but damn. I'd have thought by the Bills game they'd have said ok this ain't working and we really want to win this game. Instead they waited till the week after and got embarrassed.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

MTG#10 10-23-2021 08:52 AM

Probably already been said but if we win this game the slump is over. If we lose it'll be tough to keep being optimistic for the playoffs. I don't expect us to slow Henry down a bit between the 20's, hopefully our redzone D can at least resemble a professional unit.

Bearcat 10-23-2021 09:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTG#10 (Post 15908355)
Probably already been said but if we win this game the slump is over. If we lose it'll be tough to keep being optimistic for the playoffs. I don't expect us to slow Henry down a bit between the 20's, hopefully our redzone D can at least resemble a professional unit.

Agreed. I've always been pretty vocal about not giving a shit about September/October football, but of course there's a limit... and 1-4 against playoff-ish teams would definitely be reaching a point of concern for even the most optimistic fans.

There's still a pretty high probability of stringing together a bunch of wins against the garbage teams of the league, but the playoffs become the anything can happen!!!(???) of yesteryear as opposed to the supreme confidence of the past couple seasons.

RaidersOftheCellar 10-23-2021 10:16 AM

I don't know anything about ESPN's FPI prediction criteria, but they have the Chiefs favored in every game left and heavy favorites in most.

Hog's Gone Fishin 10-23-2021 10:45 AM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vjyqZNRMSgc" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

InChiefsHeaven 10-23-2021 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar (Post 15908419)
I don't know anything about ESPN's FPI prediction criteria, but they have the Chiefs favored in every game left and heavy favorites in most.

I'd be willing to bet they had the Chiefs favored in every loss we had this year...so there's that.

RaidersOftheCellar 10-23-2021 10:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by InChiefsHeaven (Post 15908456)
I'd be willing to bet they had the Chiefs favored in every loss we had this year...so there's that.

Actually, I think they were dogs vs Baltimore and the Bills, if I remember right. Or maybe very slight favorites in one.

And of course it took a 4-0 turnover advantage for the Chargers to escape with a win.

Hammock Parties 10-23-2021 11:05 AM

We've been here before. The Titans are a one trick pony, old news. We got this.

Sevenfeet 10-23-2021 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15908476)
We've been here before. The Titans are a one trick pony, old news. We got this.

A.J., Julio and Ryan would like to have a word with you. :)

Hammock Parties 10-23-2021 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevenfeet (Post 15908525)
A.J., Julio and Ryan would like to have a word with you. :)

Ryan? The Tannehill guy? Who sucks ass this year? I'm supposed to be worried about him after we already proved we had his number last time?

And two receivers with less than 300 yards each, and one TD COMBINED in six games? WHAT?

No, your passing game is a piece of crap. We stop Henry from going thermonuclear and our offense does it's thing, you're toast.

Henry will need over 200 yards rushing to beat the Chiefs.

Coochie liquor 10-23-2021 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15908533)
Ryan? The Tannehill guy? Who sucks ass this year? I'm supposed to be worried about him after we already proved we had his number last time?

And two receivers with less than 300 yards each, and one TD COMBINED in six games? WHAT?

No, your passing game is a piece of crap. We stop Henry from going thermonuclear and our offense does it's thing, you're toast.

That’s the deal. We can run up and down the field too. Have been doing it for weeks. I still have a sneaky suspicion that the defense comes out on fire tomorrow. A little shakeup is gonna do wonders. After tomorrow’s game, the rest of the AFC will be on notice, and a twinge of doubt will start to develop in opposing fans minds. Here come the Chiefs!!!

Sevenfeet 10-23-2021 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 15908533)

Tannehill isn't 2020 Tannehill. But we couldn't have beaten the Bills without him down the stretch. Besides, it's not like Mahomes is having a perfect year either.

A.J. Brown and Julio Jones have been hurt for much of this season. It's a real problem for production. When they play, our chances skyrocket. If they are both out, then we don't have the depth. That happened in the Jets game where Henry ran for 150+ and we still lost.

We'll at least have A.J. tomorrow so that boosts our chances. What worries me more is our secondary being able to keep up with your guys.

I wouldn't be talking about Henry getting 200 yards. You know very well he can. Don't poke the bear.....er, rhinoceros in this case.

Coochie liquor 10-23-2021 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sevenfeet (Post 15908848)
Tannehill isn't 2020 Tannehill. But we couldn't have beaten the Bills without him down the stretch. Besides, it's not like Mahomes is having a perfect year either.

A.J. Brown and Julio Jones have been hurt for much of this season. It's a real problem for production. When they play, our chances skyrocket. If they are both out, then we don't have the depth. That happened in the Jets game where Henry ran for 150+ and we still lost.

We'll at least have A.J. tomorrow so that boosts our chances. What worries me more is our secondary being able to keep up with your guys.

I wouldn't be talking about Henry getting 200 yards. You know very well he can. Don't poke the bear.....er, rhinoceros in this case.

I feel like we’re planning on selling out to stop Henry (as much as that’s possible, which hasn’t been much yet) and make Tanny beat us. I think we can take away Brown with our secondary finally getting healthy, and make him find those 2nd and 3rd reads. CJ moving back inside is gonna force Tanny to make quick decisions, cuz he’s gonna run through that OL. Chiefs lead the league in long drives that end in a score, I expect that to stay true. Should be a good game, and I don’t see it being very one sided. But if it comes down to a few clutch plays at the end, I’ll take Mahomes and Reid over Vrabel and Tanny 10/10 times.

Jeff.Fisher 10-23-2021 06:25 PM

Patches has really gone downhill since the stardom went to his head. League circles report his work ethic has been lackluster.. maybe the state farm commercials are what he really wants to be known for

Dunerdr 10-23-2021 06:31 PM

Man I’m just not really even up for this game. I just don’t see it being competitive, league circles have been saying the Titans window is only being propped open by julios hammy. Yikes.

Bearcat 10-23-2021 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff.Fisher (Post 15908943)
Patches has really gone downhill since the stardom went to his head. League circles report his work ethic has been lackluster.. maybe the state farm commercials are what he really wants to be known for

You've already jumped the shark... funnier last season, now it's getting sad.

RaidersOftheCellar 10-23-2021 08:39 PM

League circles are saying this should be an excellent opportunity for Tyreek to work on the form of his backflip into the endzone.

https://media0.giphy.com/media/Mgwo9...eXlBoz/200.gif

Do you guys think he should hold the peace sign while in mid-flip? Or keep two hands on the ball?

Rainbarrel 10-23-2021 08:51 PM

I hope they warshed the Bills' poop off the locker room walls.

arrwheader 10-23-2021 10:30 PM

**** THE TITANS

Stryker 10-23-2021 11:29 PM

I think we actually pull this victory out! If we do, we still have GB, AZ, Dallas, 49ers, LV 2Xs, Chargers again. It will be a helluva gauntlet but, I think if we win tomorrow, we can do it! Chiefs KINGDOM - this IS our TEST!

arrwheader 10-24-2021 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 15909182)
I think we actually pull this victory out! If we do, we still have GB, AZ, Dallas, 49ers, LV 2Xs, Chargers again. It will be a helluva gauntlet but, I think if we win tomorrow, we can do it! Chiefs KINGDOM - this IS our TEST!

We don't Play AZ or 49ers