ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Football Your yearly "Get DirecTV to discount NFL Sunday Ticket" thread (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=293557)

aturnis 09-09-2015 02:40 AM

Also. My mom lives in KC. Is there anyway for me to take advantage of that and not have to pay for Sunday ticket?

kcxiv 09-09-2015 03:51 AM

First time since 1998 i will not have sunday ticket. I moved to comcast. Sucks i wont be able to watch all the Chiefs games, but to tell ya the truth, im not all that excited about the sport of football these days. Godell has ruined alot of it for me. Game isnt what i saw growing up. I've definitely lost alot of interest.

Deberg_1990 09-09-2015 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 11712871)
Do you live in an apt/condo? Or did they just offer it to you ?

No. House. They just offered it to me

aturnis 09-09-2015 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11712898)
No. House. They just offered it to me

Did you have ST our Direct TV at the time it was mailed to you?

MMXcalibur 09-09-2015 11:47 AM

Couldn't get the discount, so I went with the student rate of $100.

It's designed for dorm room students, and I take online classes...but **** that $350 price. Either take my $100, or I'll go to a bar/stream it.

underEJ 09-09-2015 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 11712874)
Also. My mom lives in KC. Is there anyway for me to take advantage of that and not have to pay for Sunday ticket?

I am about to buy a slingbox for my place in KC and try to get rid of directv. I am getting the paid google internet, but I don't know if OTA reception will be good enough. I haven't had a tv in my place there for years and I'm getting rid of my house and moving into a condo for easier maintenance, so I have no idea about reception that I'll be dealing with in the new neighborhood. I'm limited to an inside antenna. I'm going back next week for the home opener and setting up the pieces to try it out then. I don't want to have to pay for tv there just to get rid of it in LA.

Has anyone done this?

ThaVirus 09-09-2015 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KCtotheSB (Post 11713362)
Couldn't get the discount, so I went with the student rate of $100.

It's designed for dorm room students, and I take online classes...but **** that $350 price. Either take my $100, or I'll go to a bar/stream it.

How do you get the student discount?

Fish 09-09-2015 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11713493)
How do you get the student discount?

Have a university email address.

ThaVirus 09-09-2015 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fish (Post 11713494)
Have a university email address.

Oh, nice. Thank you!

Jim Jones 09-09-2015 01:46 PM

DTV ****ers are being stingy this year, or maybe I'm just unlucky. Subscription is up in November, so I called Monday and woman said they had "no deals on Sunday Ticket right now" that they could do for me and was ready to process my cancellation. I'm like, hold on, let me have another day or so to think about it.

So I call back yesterday, get a different chick and she looks at the notes from my Monday call and asks if I decided to stay with DTV or not so I'm like "it depends, I can't stay at the rate I'm currently paying" and she gives me the same line about not having any deals available! WTF

So I went ahead and processed the cancellation effective next Monday. I'm waiting to see if they have someone call me today or tomorrow to try to get me to stay (I've heard DTV does this sometimes after you cancel).

If not, I'm going to have my G/F who lives with me call and open a new DTV account at this address. I'm going to have her say we split up and I moved out and she wants to open an account now. Anyone tried that before?

lewdog 09-09-2015 01:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jones (Post 11713571)
If not, I'm going to have my G/F who lives with me call and open a new DTV account at this address. I'm going to have her say we split up and I moved out and she wants to open an account now. Anyone tried that before?

That should absolutely work and I applaud you doing this to stick it to those dumbassess. No reason it won't work, she just can't add you to the account to make changes. Good call and it's absolutely legal.

ThaVirus 09-09-2015 01:58 PM

That sounds like a good plan. They're always sending me flyers in the mail trying to get me to convert.

Some of those deals look incredible. 29.99 a month with free Sunday ticket for two years. Shit like that..

Jim Jones 09-09-2015 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewdog (Post 11713584)
That should absolutely work and I applaud you doing this to stick it to those dumbassess. No reason it won't work, she just can't add you to the account to make changes. Good call and it's absolutely legal.

Thanks. I'll let ya'll know how it goes. Want to get through this Sunday's games before I do that. So maybe I'll have this canceled Monday instead, then have her call Tuesday and see if she can get an installation date before Week 2. I'm assuming they can just use the dish we already have on the house.

The Franchise 09-09-2015 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jones (Post 11713596)
Thanks. I'll let ya'll know how it goes. Want to get through this Sunday's games before I do that. So maybe I'll have this canceled Monday instead, then have her call Tuesday and see if she can get an installation date before Week 2. I'm assuming they can just use the dish we already have on the house.

Depends on how old it is and the receiver inside.

Jim Jones 09-09-2015 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11713605)
Depends on how old it is and the receiver inside.

The dish was installed new last November.

The Franchise 09-09-2015 02:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jones (Post 11713629)
The dish was installed new last November.

Then they probably won't replace it.

notorious 09-09-2015 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jones (Post 11713571)
DTV ****ers are being stingy this year, or maybe I'm just unlucky. Subscription is up in November, so I called Monday and woman said they had "no deals on Sunday Ticket right now" that they could do for me and was ready to process my cancellation. I'm like, hold on, let me have another day or so to think about it.

So I call back yesterday, get a different chick and she looks at the notes from my Monday call and asks if I decided to stay with DTV or not so I'm like "it depends, I can't stay at the rate I'm currently paying" and she gives me the same line about not having any deals available! WTF

So I went ahead and processed the cancellation effective next Monday. I'm waiting to see if they have someone call me today or tomorrow to try to get me to stay (I've heard DTV does this sometimes after you cancel).

Ahh, they are doing the same thing to you that they did to me!

**** em'. They lost a customer for 2+ years. I like Dishnetwork better in every way except the lack of Sunday Ticket, which I really didn't miss last year. (redzone channel FTW!)

Jim Jones 09-09-2015 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11713633)
Then they probably won't replace it.

I'll likely have to send back the box though, right? I'm assuming they would give her a brand new one.

The Franchise 09-09-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jones (Post 11713638)
I'll likely have to send back the box though, right? I'm assuming they would give her a brand new one.

Yep

Jim Jones 09-09-2015 02:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11713636)

**** em'. They lost a customer for 2+ years. I like Dishnetwork better in every way except the lack of Sunday Ticket, which I really didn't miss last year. (redzone channel FTW!)

I hear you, but having Sunday Ticket is more crucial for me because I'm on the West Coast so it's really my only chance to see the majority of our games.

notorious 09-09-2015 02:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jones (Post 11713642)
I hear you, but having Sunday Ticket is more crucial for me because I'm on the West Coast so it's really my only chance to see the majority of our games.

Very true. Good luck with your plan.

I don't understand why they give a new customer a special deal but drive long-term subscribers directly into the arms of their competition.

It's just terrible business.

lewdog 09-09-2015 02:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim Jones (Post 11713638)

Yup, they will act like it's a total return. So she will have to turn everything in and/or they will take everything. Then they setup a return where they will install all new equipment on "her" new plan since you no longer live there. o:-)

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11713645)
Very true. Good luck with your plan.

I don't understand why they give a new customer a special deal but drive long-term subscribers directly into the arms of their competition.

I actually had the DTV customer service admit that a few weeks ago to me. They are trying to give loyal customers more discounts like new members. They finally gave me a good deal last time after talking to someone who knew what they were doing. She admitted they are working on it and while the offer wasn't as good as some on here, it was the best I have received in 3+ years with them. Half off Sunday Ticket which is fair enough for me, free HBO and movies for 3 months and $20 bill credit for 12 months.

ThaVirus 09-09-2015 03:02 PM

How much do you guys end up paying for cable and Internet anyway?

kcxiv 09-09-2015 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThaVirus (Post 11713678)
How much do you guys end up paying for cable and Internet anyway?

with comcast my total is 118 for their 2nd highest tier tv package plus HB0 and sports and 100mb internet. i was paying 114 for just direct tv before.

Deberg_1990 09-09-2015 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 11713295)
Did you have ST our Direct TV at the time it was mailed to you?

Nope. Have UVerse

Deberg_1990 09-09-2015 03:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11713645)

This is how they all work.. They older customers subsidize the new ones.

I have AT&T and have to call every year to negotiate a new deal. It always works. I just say im leaving to a competitor if you dont give me the price i want. It helps if you quote the competitors price

KCChiefsfan1234 09-09-2015 06:04 PM

I called last Saturday and asked them if I could get a discount for my NFL ticket. I already paid one installment so I wanted to see what they could do for me. What they said made me shake my head. They said "of course we can. I see that you were preapproved for a 30% discount already". I said "well why didn't you apply it already?" She said "Oh we do this when people call to ask". I got the 30% and $5 off my monthly bill for the year! You think she may have let a secret out? ha ha

notorious 09-09-2015 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deberg_1990 (Post 11713732)
This is how they all work.. They older customers subsidize the new ones.

I have AT&T and have to call every year to negotiate a new deal. It always works. I just say im leaving to a competitor if you dont give me the price i want. It helps if you quote the competitors price

They aren't subsidizing when they cease being customers.

KCFalcon59 09-09-2015 06:57 PM

Well, I called a little over a month ago and they wouldn't do anything. I called 2 days ago and they still wouldn't do anything. Today I called and told them I planned to drop them and eat the early termination fee. They asked why and I said because I normally get NFLST every year and couldn't get any offers my last 2 calls.

They ended up offering me Sunday Ticket Max for 50% off and I also got a $10 discount for 12 months. So I took it. I was worried I wasn't going to get anything. Until today they wouldn't budge an inch.

I am happy.

DJJasonp 09-09-2015 07:52 PM

I called two weekends ago, started the conversation with "i want to talk to someone about my contract, and what the end date is"......immediately transferred (assuming to "retention").

I start the conversation by saying I need to find a way to save some money on my bill.....and I'm not happy that CBS was blacked out for nearly a month....

Lady says...."I see you've been with us for several years....and you pay on time.....I want to talk about the channels you use/dont use, but I also see we can probably get you the NFL sunday ticket for free....."

Didnt even have to ask.

I pressed my luck, and asked "...does that free cover the sunday ticket max" (as I love the red zone channel)......and she said no, but if I were to push my contract out a year (as it was technically up at the time of the call), she could offer some discounts to offset.

Long story short, cut out a few channels I dont watch, and got sunday ticket and max for about 7 bucks less a month than what I was paying before.

A worthwhile call for sure.

KChiefs1 09-09-2015 08:33 PM

Free preview of it this weekend like always.

aturnis 09-09-2015 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 11713636)

I don't inserted this. Couldn't stand Dish network. Maybe things like their UI have chance since "THE HOPPA" came along. :shrug:

notorious 09-09-2015 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 11714388)
I don't inserted this. Couldn't stand Dish network. Maybe things like their UI have chance since "THE HOPPA" came along. :shrug:

It is a lot better on the hopper. I hate going to a friends house that has the old interface.

aturnis 09-09-2015 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11713722)
with comcast my total is 118 for their 2nd highest tier tv package plus HB0 and sports and 100mb internet. i was paying 114 for just direct tv before.

I'm paying $130 for Directv, not including internet, and no HBO etc.

Have an option for 50mb internet and all of the pertinent cable channels for $100 that I'd like to take advantage of, but don't want to lose out on Sunday ticket.

kcxiv 09-10-2015 02:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 11714403)
I'm paying $130 for Directv, not including internet, and no HBO etc.

Have an option for 50mb internet and all of the pertinent cable channels for $100 that I'd like to take advantage of, but don't want to lose out on Sunday ticket.

I was paying 60 also for my internet. So now its like im getting internet for free. I would have been stupid to pass it up. Losing the sunday ticket on my big screen sucks no doubt, but ill live.

I have my direct tv account suspended! i just talked to direct tv chat and they told me i could STILL get NFL sunday ticket though streaming. I need to call between 10am and 6pm. IM calling about 1pm.

Ill report back later.

Bob Dole 09-10-2015 02:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KChiefs1 (Post 11714218)
Free preview of it this weekend like always.

And the game is on CBS here...

aturnis 09-10-2015 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11714728)
I was paying 60 also for my internet. So now its like im getting internet for free. I would have been stupid to pass it up. Losing the sunday ticket on my big screen sucks no doubt, but ill live.

I have my direct tv account suspended! i just talked to direct tv chat and they told me i could STILL get NFL sunday ticket though streaming. I need to call between 10am and 6pm. IM calling about 1pm.

Ill report back later.

Any news?

kcxiv 09-10-2015 03:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aturnis (Post 11715378)
Any news?

I havent had a chance too. Ill probably have to do it friday afternoon. I might have time in a few hours. If i do, ill post on here.

kcxiv 09-11-2015 05:24 PM

Ok, this is how i got sunday ticket without direct tv.

First off, i went to craigslist and looked for empty apartment listings. I used that address with my name and i was accepted because it's an apartment. Then it just let me sign up using a completely different account. I used my mom's cellphone as mines already in their database! lol

Bam, sundayticket on my ps4. i had to pay 250 for it, but it beats not having to have direct tv service! Anyways, im ready for sunday now.

mdchiefsfan 09-11-2015 05:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11717670)

First off, i went to craigslist and looked for empty apartment listings. I used that address with my name and i was accepted because it's an apartment. Then it just let me sign up using a completely different account. I used my mom's cellphone as mines already in their database! lol

Bam, sundayticket on my ps4. i had to pay 250 for it, but it beats not having to have direct tv service! Anyways, im ready for sunday now.

How did you get around the billing address?

kcxiv 09-11-2015 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11717721)
How did you get around the billing address?

i used the empty apartment buildings address. lol

mdchiefsfan 09-11-2015 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11717744)
i used the empty apartment buildings address. lol

So you changed your card's billing address to the empty apartment?

The Franchise 09-11-2015 05:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11717751)

I don't think DirectTV cares if the billing address matches the service address.

kcxiv 09-11-2015 05:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11717751)

they didnt ask for one. I used fake address, put in my visa info and that was it, success. When i talked to the CS guy to use my regular dtv account he told me he couldnt do it that way, if i was a new account i could. I told him, so if i call ba kcon another phone with a fresh account i can do this? he goes, well yeah, i dont see why not. I was like this is stupid, but ok.

mdchiefsfan 09-11-2015 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pestilence (Post 11717754)
I don't think DirectTV cares if the billing address matches the service address.

When you submit for the online package you put your address in to be determined eligible. Then you have to put in your card info, which they say is checked to ensure your address is eligible to receive service.

I am just wondering if the "check" actually occurs, or if he was determined eligible and put in his regular billing info.

mdchiefsfan 09-11-2015 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11717762)
they didnt ask for one. I used fake address, put in my visa info and that was it, success.

Damn. Noted. I got access for $100 using a different method. It is Chiefs only, though.

kcxiv 09-11-2015 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11717763)
When you submit for the online package you put your address in to be determined eligible. Then you have to put in your card info, which they say is checked to ensure your address is eligible to receive service.

I am just wondering if the "check" actually occurs, or if he was determined eligible and put in his regular billing info.

i didnt get any check. just the initial address.

mdchiefsfan 09-11-2015 06:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11717779)
i didnt get any check. just the initial address.

Nice

kcxiv 09-11-2015 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11717795)
Nice

they have 3 packages. 200 only pc's, 250 which i got so i can use my ps4 to watch on the tv in the living room. So i went with that one. I was worried, but now ill always just use empty apartment listings. lol i might have to pay a little more, but im still saving through the year with my internet and cable. still a 400 dollar savings, so im good.

mdchiefsfan 09-11-2015 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11717797)
they have 3 packages. 200 only pc's, 250 which i got so i can use my ps4 to watch on the tv in the living room. So i went with that one. I was worried, but now ill always just use empty apartment listings. lol i might have to pay a little more, but im still saving through the year with my internet and cable. still a 400 dollar savings, so im good.

I was eligible last year and did it on my Xbox one. I just moved to an area that wasn't eligible. I was going to keep my billing address the same until I ordered the package again, but I received a notice that my card had been compromised in July, so I had to change it to have my card delivered.

I now know that was unnecessary.

lewdog 09-11-2015 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11717762)
they didnt ask for one. I used fake address, put in my visa info and that was it, success. When i talked to the CS guy to use my regular dtv account he told me he couldnt do it that way, if i was a new account i could. I told him, so if i call ba kcon another phone with a fresh account i can do this? he goes, well yeah, i dont see why not. I was like this is stupid, but ok.

That's pretty ****ing genius!

ROFL

mdchiefsfan 09-11-2015 06:25 PM

I used hola unblocker to route my IP and purchased gamepass through the Netherlands.

Hootie 09-11-2015 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcxiv (Post 11717670)

That's pretty genius

kcxiv 09-11-2015 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11717818)
I was eligible last year and did it on my Xbox one. I just moved to an area that wasn't eligible. I was going to keep my billing address the same until I ordered the package again, but I received a notice that my card had been compromised in July, so I had to change it to have my card delivered.

I now know that was unnecessary.

All possible because At and T now owns Direct TV. they were so ****ing stubborn, but ATT said **** it, this will just net us more cash. All good now like i said. just use an empty apartment you find on craigslist use that address and it will accept it so you are clear to get Sunday ticket without having direct TV.> This is great for me. Ill probably never get direct tv every again because it was me just throwing money away.

Hootie 09-11-2015 06:36 PM

I have the max on my one using a student email from a co-worker ... $100 for the season. Happy

mdchiefsfan 09-11-2015 06:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11717870)
I have the max on my one using a student email from a co-worker ... $100 for the season. Happy

Nice. Of course my college isn't on the list.

kcxiv 09-11-2015 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11717870)

i dont know anyone in college or i would have used that. damn it for being old! haha

milehighkcfan 09-12-2015 08:36 AM

Worth a phone call for sure. I called in this morning to see what they could do for me, keep in mind I've only been a customer since 2012. I simlpy explained to them now that the NFL is back I've seen a huge jump in my bill. Told them I'm having a hard time affording my bill and was considering moving to dish as my bill would be cheaper even with the ETF. The only reason I was with them was Sunday Ticket. The rep on the phone said he would see what he could do. Five minutes later he came back and offered $10 off my bill for 12 months plus free Sunday Ticket for the season. I accepted and they even credited my bill $252.

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2015 12:13 PM

I got hosed.

I called and spoke to three different reps and the best they could do was give me the Sunday Ticket Max for $167.00 dollars. I've been a customer since 2003, so this sucks.

Last year, not only did I get Sunday Ticket for free, they also gave me a $200 Visa gift card.

In a couple of years, when my kids are older, I'm dumping DTV and heading down to sports bars in Hollywood to watch the games. **** them.

DaFace 09-12-2015 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11719136)
I got hosed.

I called and spoke to three different reps and the best they could do was give me the Sunday Ticket Max for $167.00 dollars. I've been a customer since 2003, so this sucks.

Last year, not only did I get Sunday Ticket for free, they also gave me a $200 Visa gift card.

In a couple of years, when my kids are older, I'm dumping DTV and heading down to sports bars in Hollywood to watch the games. **** them.

In some cases, that's the cause to your effect. They note big discounts and have a formula that lets them know how much they can give you each time you call. If you've been paying a shit ton of money, your discounts will be bigger, while if you've gotten a lot of recent discounts, they might not offer you as much.

It's certainly not a direct relationship, but I've seen reps on reddit describe that as being at least part of the formula.

Hootie 09-12-2015 12:16 PM

well last year they gave you $200 and free ticket ... I realize some people seem to have the magic touch every year but did you expect another $200 Visa card? Maybe $300 this year?

Hootie 09-12-2015 12:18 PM

I pay $40 / month for Internet.

I have parlayed that connection into free HBO, Showtime, WWE Network, Netflix, ESPN (and all ESPN networks) while paying $25/month for MLB.TV and $25/month for Sunday Ticket.

I have access to more god damn cable / premium TV than I did when I had cable.

The only thing I can't do is watch Cubs, Sox, Cardinals, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears games (local cable sports). As a KC fan, that's ok ... but I do miss watching Bulls/Cubs

DaFace 09-12-2015 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11719141)
I pay $40 / month for Internet.

I have parlayed that connection into free HBO, Showtime, WWE Network, Netflix, ESPN (and all ESPN networks) while paying $25/month for MLB.TV and $25/month for Sunday Ticket.

I have access to more god damn cable / premium TV than I did when I had cable.

The only thing I can't do is watch Cubs, Sox, Cardinals, Bulls, Blackhawks and Bears games (local cable sports). As a KC fan, that's ok ... but I do miss watching Bulls/Cubs

Check out adfreetime. $2/month gets you around blackouts.

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2015 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11719139)
In some cases, that's the cause to your effect. They note big discounts and have a formula that lets them know how much they can give you each time you call. If you've been paying a shit ton of money, your discounts will be bigger, while if you've gotten a lot of recent discounts, they might not offer you as much.

It's certainly not a directly relationship, but I've seen reps on reddit describe that as being at least part of the formula.

I figured as much, especially since I only paid $100 dollars for the MLB package this year.

But still, it's such a PITA to call them and sit on the phone every six months in order to get discounts. My bill jumped from $172 to $212 today and it took three reps to get it back to $172. I just don't understand why they don't just take care of their customers, especially people like me that have been with them for more than a decade, by automatically applying whatever discounts their offering.

The savings are definitely worth the 90 minutes I spent on the phone but it's pretty lame that it's required to go through those motions at least twice a year.

Hootie 09-12-2015 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11719142)
Check out adfreetime. $2/month gets you around blackouts.

Can I do that on my Xbox One? I do all of the aforementioned directly through my One.

DaFace 09-12-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11719144)
Can I do that on my Xbox One? I do all of the aforementioned directly through my One.

Assuming you have DNS control on your router, I think so. It works fine on my Roku and Chromecast at least. If nothing else, it'd cost you $2 to find out.

Hootie 09-12-2015 12:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 11719143)
I figured as much, especially since I only paid $100 dollars for the MLB package this year.

But still, it's such a PITA to call them and sit on the phone every six months in order to get discounts. My bill jumped from $172 to $212 today and it took three reps to get it back to $172. I just don't understand why they don't just take care of their customers, especially people like me that have been with them for more than a decade, by automatically applying whatever discounts their offering.

The savings are definitely worth the 90 minutes I spent on the phone but it's pretty lame that it's required to go through those motions at least twice a year.

Within 5 years, I doubt you'll need to worry. Everything is going to be streamed. Cable better adapt.

I had to barter my mom's comcast bill down from like $240 - $120. I was pretty furious to know my mom, who doesn't even have HD, was paying that much for cable and internet. Eventually, the people who don't know any better will catch on and cable companies won't have anybody else to leach on.

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2015 12:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11719140)
well last year they gave you $200 and free ticket ... I realize some people seem to have the magic touch every year but did you expect another $200 Visa card? Maybe $300 this year?

I didn't expect it "free" this year nor did I expect another Visa Gift Card but it took 90 minutes and four transfers before I was offered a discount of any kind.

I almost didn't order it, especially since the Ticket is free this weekend and the Chiefs are on national TV the following two weeks, but I like having the option of watching as many afternoon games as possible and not get stuck with the Raiders or Chargers each week.

Blech.

Hootie 09-12-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFace (Post 11719145)
Assuming you have DNS control on your router, I think so. It works fine on my Roku and Chromecast at least. If nothing else, it'd cost you $2 to find out.

I try and be tech savvy here and there, but I'm really not ... and the router I use is the router/modem supplied to me by Comcast ... so I'm not quite sure I'd be able to manipulate that

DaneMcCloud 09-12-2015 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11719148)
Within 5 years, I doubt you'll need to worry. Everything is going to be streamed. Cable better adapt.

I had to barter my mom's comcast bill down from like $240 - $120. I was pretty furious to know my mom, who doesn't even have HD, was paying that much for cable and internet. Eventually, the people who don't know any better will catch on and cable companies won't have anybody else to leach on.

That's awful, man. Preying on elderly folks in this country has become too commonplace.

Good man for helping her out! :thumb:

DaFace 09-12-2015 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hootie 2.0 (Post 11719151)
I try and be tech savvy here and there, but I'm really not ... and the router I use is the router/modem supplied to me by Comcast ... so I'm not quite sure I'd be able to manipulate that

You should still be able to change your DNS settings. That's a pretty basic router function. Even if not, I bet you can do it directly on your XB1. At least they have instructions for the 360.

https://adfreetime.com/get-started/xbox-360/

Hootie 09-12-2015 12:52 PM

Also, I read this somewhere:

Tell people to order the cheapest DTV NFL streaming package ($200), assuming they can't use a student's credentials and get it for $100. They will get auto-upgraded to the max ($350) package after purchase.

In short, if you're eligible, sign up for the cheapest streaming option and then you'll get auto upgraded! At least, that's what I was told =)

ThaVirus 09-12-2015 01:03 PM

You couldn't ask one of those random bar skanks you plow for her university e-mail, Hoot?

Hootie 09-12-2015 01:11 PM

I got a university email, brah. $100 for Sunday Ticket Max. Pretty ****ing pumped.

ThaVirus 09-12-2015 01:25 PM

Awesome. Did it come with gonorrhea as well?

Hootie 09-12-2015 01:25 PM

that's the 2nd installment

ThaVirus 09-12-2015 01:26 PM

Just kidding with ya, young bull.

I'm actually about to attempt to sign up with my old college e-mail. Do they send you any information that you'll need access to the e-mail account for? Like a confirmation code of something?

Hootie 09-12-2015 01:45 PM

no but they'll verify you're still in college ... or you'll have to show proof like a valid student ID ... if they can't find you right away by entering your name and D.O.B.

worst case scenario, I'm told, if you sign up for the $49.99 / month and pay 4 installments ($200) you'll get auto upgraded to Max

again, I don't know if that's true but that's what I was told via reddit by an anonymous source

ThaVirus 09-12-2015 01:48 PM

OK, thanks. I know a ton of people still in college so I'll just find one of them.

unlurking 09-13-2015 08:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdchiefsfan (Post 11717838)
I used hola unblocker to route my IP and purchased gamepass through the Netherlands.

Used a VPN to purchase via Argentina. Was $175 from Netherlends and $129 from Argentina ($99 for team only) when I was researching prices. Most of the European nations were higher priced than South America. Last year Panama was the cheapest for me, but I was too lazy to keep searching after seeing Argentina's rate.

Just thought I'd let others know to price search by country when going this route.