ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs draft rumor & plans for virtual draft (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=330353)

MahomesMagic 04-06-2020 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14890934)
I would agree with Patrick on the positional value goes out the window concerning the offense. I would be so pissed if they pulled a true fan with Alex on the team because everything had to be a well oiled machine. Yes, CBs and LBs are an immediate need I even agreed, but that was before Mahomes got injured which changed said priorities.

I'll be honest it's a point of hysteria for me.

You can hide one guy below average on most NFL lines.

The issue with the Chiefs is Guard-Center-Guard is all held together with wire.

One elite player added (especially center) and then the whole thing improves. Look at the Saints last year. I had McCoy as a 1st round pick he fell to the 2nd and the Saints snapped him up. They were able to run effective offense with crappy rag arm Bridgewater, Kamara, and Thomas. Why? Because they spend assets on OL.

No matter what happens, IOL is a need. It improves the run game as well as protects our franchise player.

Tribal Warfare 04-06-2020 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 14890950)
You can hide one guy below average on most NFL lines.

The issue with the Chiefs is Guard-Center-Guard is all held together with wire.

One elite player added (especially center) and then the whole thing improves. Look at the Saints last year. I had McCoy as a 1st round pick he fell to the 2nd and the Saints snapped him up. They were able to run effective offense with crappy rag arm Bridgewater, Kamara, and Thomas. Why? Because they spend assets on OL.

No matter what happens, IOL is a need. It improves the run game as well as protects our franchise player.

RB is a need too, the question that must be answered which one helps Patrick immediately. It could very well a RB and vice versa

DaneMcCloud 04-06-2020 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14890945)
If the center is a day one starter and a legit player, it wouldn’t be a problem

They can grab a wr or a rb in round two with good value. I’d rather try and get a couple of 2nds and add a 3rd or something anyway

I don't care if he's a "legit" player.

The Chiefs biggest needs are CB, LB, WR and RB and it would be foolish to take a center at #32 overall, which is way far down the list of priorities.

DaneMcCloud 04-06-2020 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 14890950)
It improves the run game as well as protects our franchise player.

It doesn't improve the "run game" when you've got shit at the RB position, which is what the Chiefs currently have on their roster.

There is no ****ing way you're to convince anyone with a brain that a center should be the Chiefs first selection.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-06-2020 05:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 14890924)
Really? That would be great. In that case I take Fulton. But again, I doubt he makes it to us.

Yea every mock draft I have seen he’s either projected to us or out of the first round. Bryce Hall falls to the second round. Patrick Queen is Projected 4 spots ahead of us to the Ravens. I can’t see Veach trading up

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-06-2020 05:36 PM

Why are we shitting on Reiter? He was the second best OL besides Schwartz against the so called best defensive front in football.

DaneMcCloud 04-06-2020 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14890960)
RB is a need too, the question that must be answered which one helps Patrick immediately. It could very well a RB and vice versa

RB is a major need, as are CB, LB and WR.

The drop off at WR is really bad at this point and even worse at RB.

The Chiefs have "bodies" at the LB position but they don't have that at the CB position.

Safety is a bigger need, IMO, than center because there's just not much behind Sorenson, Mathieu and Thornhill, who's recovery may last into the season.

MahomesMagic 04-06-2020 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14890960)

I agree. If you look at the way this draft shapes up

Swift
Dobbins
CEH

Akers

It looks like there will be a cluster of RB's going in the 2nd and 3rd who could make a difference and fit what we do.

Pitt Gorilla 04-06-2020 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 14890707)
I thought it was a forgone conclusion that Queen, Murray, and Baun would be off the board by 32, but the truth is a lot of teams that needed a LB addressed it in free agency. Mock drafts have started to reflect that now.

I still wouldn’t count on it, but I don’t think it’s 100% certain anymore.

The good news is that, if we don’t trade either direction, only 31 players will be drafted prior to the Chiefs pick. There will be outstanding players available.

Tribal Warfare 04-06-2020 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14890975)

The Chiefs have "bodies" at the LB position but they don't have that at the CB position.

Safety is a bigger need, IMO, than center because there's just not much behind Sorenson, Mathieu and Thornhill, who's recovery may last into the season.

Damn skippy RB is a need, I've been pounding the table for one here and Twitter.

Those Twitter ****tards reacted to my feature back as need and if it's 1-3 round to protect Patrick do it tweet to it they reacted if it were a political post in the DC forum specifically the Seth Keysor followers.

No shit it gaslit at least 100+ posts.

DaneMcCloud 04-06-2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14891000)
Damn skippy RB is a need, I've been pounding the table for one here and Twitter.

Those Twitter ****tards reacted to my feature back as need and if it's 1-3 round to protect Patrick do it tweet to it they reacted if it were a political post in the DC forum specifically the Seth Keysor followers.

No shit it gaslit at least 100+ posts.

Yeah, anyone that looks at this roster as it's currently constructed and says "Running back isn't a need" is a moron that should be ignored.

OKchiefs 04-06-2020 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14890975)

Exactly how much do we need invested at the WR position? We have a top 5 group at the position and you think we're still lacking there? I'd be fine if someone falls to the 3rd or 4th and there's no better options. But I'd be highly skeptical of a WR in the first or second unless it's just an absolutely can't miss prospect. But I do agree runningback is a need, although I'd also hope we could find a decent talent in the 3rd or 4th.

The last I had heard was Thornhill was ahead of schedule and should be ready by training camp, but we'll see. I think a #4 safety can pretty easily be picked up in FA after the draft if need be. If we took a safety high in the draft I think it would have to be with the understanding that Mathieu walks after next year.

DaneMcCloud 04-06-2020 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 14891006)
Exactly how much do we need invested at the WR position? We have a top 5 group at the position and you think we're still lacking there? I'd be fine if someone falls to the 3rd or 4th and there's no better options. But I'd be highly skeptical of a WR in the first or second unless it's just an absolutely can't miss prospect. But I do agree runningback is a need, although I'd also hope we could find a decent talent in the 3rd or 4th.

Watkins hasn't played 16 games in a season since his rookie season in 2014, let alone, 19, so yes, WR is a huge need, especially given that Robinson is on a 1 year deal and is a #4 at best while Watkins has one year left on his deal.

The Chiefs need to avoid the strategy they used in 2014, when they choose not to select a WR given their roster, then went 16 full games without a single TD catch from a WR.

It's a need and this is the year to grab at least one.

Quote:

The last I had heard was Thornhill was ahead of schedule and should be ready by training camp, but we'll see.

What? Ahead of schedule? What schedule? The dude tore his ACL on December 30th. The Chiefs will be extremely lucky if he's ready by Week 8 next year. ACL's normally take a year to fully recover and unless Thornhill's a freak of nature, he won't be 100% even if he's on the field early.

Quote:

I think a #4 safety can pretty easily be picked up in FA after the draft if need be. If we took a safety high in the draft I think it would have to be with the understanding that Mathieu walks after next year.

I don't think the Chiefs need to take a Safety before the 4th round, especially given they currently have 5 picks but it's sure as hell much more important than a center.

Again, unless the Chiefs trade back and add a few more selections, the pressure will be on them to get every pick "right" because they don't have any ammo in order to trade up or to miss on a few players.

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-06-2020 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14890912)
This is just outright ****ing stupid.

The Chiefs have FAR bigger needs than to waste #32 overall on a center.

CB, WR, RB and LB should all take precedence over a center in this draft, period.

I have no issue with the Chiefs taking a interior fattie in the 1st round... If they are a year one starter and we can get them on a 5 year deal to protect Pat, you would have to... That being said, Veach has shown himself to be very intune to talent and need, I trust his decisions until he proves otherwise...

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-06-2020 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14891017)
Watkins hasn't played 16 games in a season since his rookie season in 2014, let alone, 19, so yes, WR is a huge need, especially given that Robinson is on a 1 year deal and is a #4 at best while Watkins has one year left on his deal.

The Chiefs need to avoid the strategy they used in 2014, when they choose not to select a WR given their roster, then went 16 full games without a single TD catch from a WR.

Come on, don't be dramatic... I will run across Arrowhead naked during a game until security or the honey badger tackle me if we lose all of our Wideouts next year and pat doesn't throw 15 TDS to WR with guys off the street. That is probably way too low...

RealSNR 04-06-2020 06:22 PM

Quote:

Ugh. That shit pissed me off so much.

I understood the Ford pick even though I didn't believe in the player. It was what it was. I remember liking the Philip Gaines pick somewhat, though I could be wrong.

However, we got to De'Anthony Thomas when we were rolling with Jamaal Charles, and it made me as livid as the day we drafted McCluster... again... when we had Jamaal Charles. We seriously took a RB to play WR in that incredibly deep WR draft?

I realize now we finally nailed the intent of what De'Anthony Thomas was supposed to be with the Tyreek Hill selection, but that still didn't excuse shit.

And while I'm more trusting of Veach, Reid, and all the creative directions they want to take the team, I'm still going to be slightly pissed if we draft some speed RB who can't handle 10+ carries a game out of the backfield, so instead we're going to line him up everywhere as a gadget guy, hopefully to turn him into a WR.

I reeeeeally hope those days are over

OKchiefs 04-06-2020 06:34 PM

Quote:

What? Ahead of schedule? What schedule? The dude tore his ACL on December 30th. The Chiefs will be extremely lucky if he's ready by Week 8 next year. ACL's normally take a year to fully recover and unless Thornhill's a freak of nature, he won't be 100% even if he's on the field early.

I don't think the Chiefs need to take a Safety before the 4th round, especially given they currently have 5 picks but it's sure as hell much more important than a center.

Again, unless the Chiefs trade back and add a few more selections, the pressure will be on them to get every pick "right" because they don't have any ammo in order to trade up or to miss on a few players.

https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...training-camp/

Thornhill himself said he should be ready to go by training camp. So are you saying he's misinformed on his own injury?

OKchiefs 04-06-2020 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14891051)
Ugh. That shit pissed me off so much.

I understood the Ford pick even though I didn't believe in the player. It was what it was. I remember liking the Philip Gaines pick somewhat, though I could be wrong.

However, we got to De'Anthony Thomas when we were rolling with Jamaal Charles, and it made me as livid as the day we drafted McCluster... again... when we had Jamaal Charles. We seriously took a RB to play WR in that incredibly deep WR draft?

I realize now we finally nailed the intent of what De'Anthony Thomas was supposed to be with the Tyreek Hill selection, but that still didn't excuse shit.

And while I'm more trusting of Veach, Reid, and all the creative directions they want to take the team, I'm still going to be slightly pissed if we draft some speed RB who can't handle 10+ carries a game out of the backfield, so instead we're going to line him up everywhere as a gadget guy, hopefully to turn him into a WR.

I reeeeeally hope those days are over

That's why I despise the Speaks pick so much. He's a useless tweener like Turk McBride in the same way Thomas was as useless as McCluster.

Chiefaholic 04-06-2020 06:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14885003)
People gotta get this shit out of their heads.

A drafted WR is only #4 or 5 until someone gets hurt. All of a sudden that player becomes a guy getting a lot of snaps.

This is a team that routinely uses 3 WR or more sets.

This offense essentially has 3 STARTING WR's. So your #4 guy is just an injury away from being a starter.

And since this offense is, scratch that, TEAM, is centered around Pat Mahomes and our passing game, it's crucial that the unit stays strong even through injuries.

You simply CANNOT go wrong drafting WR's for Mahomes no matter how many good ones you think you've got.

Outside of QB, you take best player available regardless of position. If it happens to be WR, then you take the player with intent to return kickoffs/punts. Next year, Robinson and Watkins are free agents again. Insert 2nd year player into the #3 WR position and hope Pringle steps up to fill the 4 spot.

MahomesMagic 04-06-2020 06:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chiefaholic (Post 14891095)
Outside of QB, you take best player available regardless of position. If it happens to be WR, then you take the player with intent to return kickoffs/punts. Next year, Robinson and Watkins are free agents again. Insert 2nd year player into the #3 WR position and hope Pringle steps up to fill the 4 spot.

I'm fine with WR..but it depends who is there.

Assuming Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs are gone then you have

Jefferson
Shenault
Hamler
Aiyuk
Pittman

And those wr's are all close. Do you take the 1st in the bunch when similar talents go well into the 2nd?

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-06-2020 06:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 14891118)
I'm fine with WR..but it depends who is there.

Assuming Jeudy, Lamb, and Ruggs are gone then you have

Jefferson
Shenault
Hamler
Aiyuk
Pittman

And those wr's are all close. Do you take the 1st in the bunch when similar talents go well into the 2nd?

This is the deepest WR class in history. I’d draft one in the second or third round

MahomesMagic 04-06-2020 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14891132)
This is the deepest WR class in history. I’d draft one in the second or third round

Those guys are all top end prospects. All do different things.

For the Chiefs probably want to avoid Aiyuk but you could make a case for any of the others (Aiyuk is a slot only but will be really nice at that).

DaneMcCloud 04-06-2020 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 14891075)
https://chiefswire.usatoday.com/2020...training-camp/

Thornhill himself said he should be ready to go by training camp. So are you saying he's misinformed on his own injury?

I think he's a player, not a doctor.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs safety Juan Thornhill, who tore his ACL in the season finale, expects to be ready to go by training camp.</p>&mdash; Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) <a href="https://twitter.com/SamMcDowell11/status/1237919316298723329?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Expecting to "be ready" by Training Camp, barely 8 months after an ACL tear, is very, very aggressive and I don't recall the Chiefs ever having that type of a quick turnaround with a torn ACL.

Hopefully, he's ready but I wouldn't count on it at this point in time, which is why I listed it fifth in terms of draft needs.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-06-2020 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud (Post 14891159)

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs safety Juan Thornhill, who tore his ACL in the season finale, expects to be ready to go by training camp.</p>&mdash; Sam McDowell (@SamMcDowell11) <a href="https://twitter.com/SamMcDowell11/status/1237919316298723329?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">March 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Expecting to "be ready" by Training Camp, barely 8 months after an ACL tear, is very, very aggressive and I don't recall the Chiefs ever having that type of a quick turnaround with a torn ACL.

Hopefully, he's ready but I wouldn't count on it at this point in time, which is why I listed it fifth in terms of draft needs.

We still need a backup safety tho. We have watts and sorenson but we need one more

R Clark 04-06-2020 07:32 PM

Quote:

Yep your right he’s just a player, you on the other hand aren’t either one let alone him so you haven’t a clue what’s going on with his body.

RunKC 04-06-2020 07:35 PM

What were our biggest problem areas last year? Coverage backer, RB depth, WR depth and at times pass rush.

I’m not sure OL was as big as a problem as some see and Beach already took actionable steps to fix it stealing Rankin.

DaneMcCloud 04-06-2020 07:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by R Clark (Post 14891186)
Yep your right he’s just a player, you on the other hand aren’t either one let alone him so you haven’t a clue what’s going on with his body.

Just shut the **** up.

I guess the virus is bringing out all of the ****ing morons.

Yay.

DaneMcCloud 04-06-2020 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14891194)
What were our biggest problem areas last year? Coverage backer, RB depth, WR depth and at times pass rush.

I’m not sure OL was as big as a problem as some see and Beach already took actionable steps to fix it stealing Rankin.

Rankin definitely looked legit in his short time as a starter and we can only hope that continues after his injury.

Depth and the lack of a true feature back really hurt them last year and if they'd had a guy, they likely wouldn't have lost to the Titans, Texans or Colts during the regular season.

Fortunately, they should be able to come away with a running back that can contribute immediately this season.

DaneMcCloud 04-06-2020 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 14891031)
I have no issue with the Chiefs taking a interior fattie in the 1st round

It would be a horrific waste of resources to spend the #32 overall on a center when the team lacks serious depth at CB, RB and Safety while also needing to address the linebacker position.

And passing on a WR in this draft class might be dumber than passing on a WR in 2014.

OKchiefs 04-06-2020 08:37 PM

Quote:

“They say I should be ready for camp. That’s always good news. But I feel like, for the most part, everything is going pretty well.”

I'm assuming "they" means doctors.

srvy 04-06-2020 09:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14890945)
If the center is a day one starter and a legit player, it wouldn’t be a problem

They can grab a wr or a rb in round two with good value. I’d rather try and get a couple of 2nds and add a 3rd or something anyway

I guess I would have to know what Veach his scouts and Andy think of how much better Cushenberry is than others in later rounds down the draft. Personally I don't like Reiter as a starter and can be replaced easily. I wanted to extend Wiz and let LDT walk as he is just not the same after the injury. Trade out of first and get some extra picks and work on this in later rounds. See how Rankin looks and if not going well as much as I hate to say it we may have to do some BV scrap heap magic once again and cross our fingers.

Titty Meat 04-06-2020 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14891182)
We still need a backup safety tho. We have watts and sorenson but we need one more

Would love to test that glass jaw of yours

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-06-2020 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titty Meat (Post 14891389)
Would love to test that glass jaw of yours

Did I say something wrong?

Titty Meat 04-06-2020 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14891396)
Did I say something wrong?

Not at all

Pitt Gorilla 04-06-2020 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by srvy (Post 14891386)
I guess I would have to know what Veach his scouts and Andy think of how much better Cushenberry is than others in later rounds down the draft. Personally I don't like Reiter as a starter and can be replaced easily. I wanted to extend Wiz and let LDT walk as he is just not the same after the injury. Trade out of first and get some extra picks and work on this in later rounds. See how Rankin looks and if not going well as much as I hate to say it we may have to do some BV scrap heap magic once again and cross our fingers.

If he could be "replaced easily", he would have already been replaced. I shat on the guy for more than half the season. Then, he got better. The interior got better. And Reiter played almost mistake-free for the better part of the playoffs. No bad snaps, no nothing.

Right now, C probably isn't a priority.

Couch-Potato 04-07-2020 07:09 AM

LB
CB
RB
IOL
BPA

MahomesMagic 04-07-2020 10:15 AM

According to Matt Miller a few months ago sources inside the Chiefs listed all of the following as needs for the draft.

Kansas City Chiefs — The Chiefs have a sneaky number of needs to address in the 2020 offseason. Interior offensive line, another wide receiver, cornerback and middle linebacker all come up when talking to team sources. Also, don't rule out a running back and second tight end if one falls.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...t-insider-buzz

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-07-2020 10:17 AM

Belichick is trading a seventh for the #1 overall draft pick lol

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr"><a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Ravens?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Ravens</a>&#39; HC John Harbaugh says he&#39;s concerned with hacking during virtual draft <a href="https://t.co/KehCApK8aZ">https://t.co/KehCApK8aZ</a></p>&mdash; NFL Update (@MySportsUpdate) <a href="https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1247542043519250435?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 7, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-07-2020 10:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 14892039)
According to Matt Miller a few months ago sources inside the Chiefs listed all of the following as needs for the draft.

Kansas City Chiefs — The Chiefs have a sneaky number of needs to address in the 2020 offseason. Interior offensive line, another wide receiver, cornerback and middle linebacker all come up when talking to team sources. Also, don't rule out a running back and second tight end if one falls.

This was week ago. We signed seals Jones and Watkins and D Rob. Yes we do need another WR but I’d look towards rounds 2 and 3 for that. We need a CB and a LB as the biggest needs

TRR 04-07-2020 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 14892039)

I would hate to see what other, not so fortunate teams, list as their draft needs LOL!

MahomesMagic 04-07-2020 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14892053)
This was week ago. We signed seals Jones and Watkins and D Rob. Yes we do need another WR but I’d look towards rounds 2 and 3 for that. We need a CB and a LB as the biggest needs

The date of the article is January so the needs listed are prior to FA.

duncan_idaho 04-07-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14892053)

And despite all of that, if one of:

Ruggs
Jefferson
Higgins
Lamb

Were to fall to 32, it would be awfully hard for KC to pass up that type of talent.

I don't see any way Jeudy falls (nor really Lamb or Ruggs) but Jefferson or Higgins could be there.

That's talent so good - and so much better than they're likely to be in position to draft themselves for years yet - you can't pass it up, IMO.

Plus, Watkins and Robinson are one-year solutions at this point.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-07-2020 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14892481)

Ruggs
Jefferson
Higgins
Lamb

Were to fall to 32, it would be awfully hard for KC to pass up that type of talent.

I don't see any way Jeudy falls (nor really Lamb or Ruggs) but Jefferson or Higgins could be there.

That's talent so good - and so much better than they're likely to be in position to draft themselves for years yet - you can't pass it up, IMO.

I would absolutely love Higgins. He needs some work on his routes but dude is a stud

BleedingRed 04-07-2020 01:22 PM

Do you think we can get him in the late 2nd or high 3rd.... Because this is who I want to pair with Mahomes for next 5 years.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wI4GaTXMldE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-07-2020 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14892522)
Do you think we can get him in the late 2nd or high 3rd.... Because this is who I want to pair with Mahomes for next 5 years.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/wI4GaTXMldE" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He’s projected late first early second

JakeF 04-07-2020 01:27 PM

Chiefs need to draft well because we aren't any better than we were last year.

QB - still a beast
WRs - same
Oline - worse, Wisniewski to Remmers. Is Remmer going to be a swing OT or LG? I don't want Wylie to start at LG anymore. I think we got worse.
TEs - same (jones is a better receiver but can't run block, pass block is ok)
RBs - same

DL - worse, loss of Ogbah
LBs - worse, loss of Lee, Ragland
CBs - worse, loss of Fuller, Breeland
Safeties - same if Thornhill comes back from injury

A whole lot of "pending" worse for a super bowl team. We better have a damn good draft. We need players than can produce in their 1st year.

ForeverIowan 04-07-2020 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14892522)

The more I watch and the more I read I want Dobbins in the first or Akers in the second. Akers is such a fluid athlete and catches the ball out of the backfield effortlessly. Our offense would be ridiculous.

RunKC 04-07-2020 01:35 PM

Losing Wiz, but Rankin was rock solid in the time he saw last year with above average pass pro. Think we’ll take an OL in the mid rds for depth.

As much as some of you won’t like it, they’ll surely be thinking if Speaks as an Ogbah replacement. He’s not popular but he did show flashes playing as a freaking 280 lb LB (thanks Sutton). They’ll probably add another DE too but before we write Speaks off, remember Kpass being in a similar situation.

I think LB and corner are sure bets in this draft with some kind of weapon taken in the first 3 picks. Just not sure if that weapon taken early will be a WR or RB.

BleedingRed 04-07-2020 01:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14892523)
He’s projected late first early second

I think having this kid for between the 20's and Williams for 3rd down's etc could really help Mahomes.

I'm not sold on our offensive line, and having a great rushing attack will allow him more time in the pocket. It will also give us more favorable looks in passing game.

Not that we need any XD

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-07-2020 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 14892547)
I think having this kid for between the 20's and Williams for 3rd down's etc could really help Mahomes.

I'm not sold on our offensive line, and having a great rushing attack will allow him more time in the pocket. It will also give us more favorable looks in passing game.

Not that we need any XD

We just won the super bowl with our current O Line and RB against the best defense in the league. However we just lost a starting LB and CB. I think those are the first two needs

DaneMcCloud 04-07-2020 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14892576)
We just won the super bowl with our current O Line and RB against the best defense in the league. However we just lost a starting LB and CB. I think those are the first two needs

That running back has never been healthy enough to play a full 16 game season as the main back, making running back a definite priority.

Williams has 1,231 rushing yards and 12 TD's in six seasons.

Kareem Hunt had 1,327 and 8 TD's in his rookie season.

The Chiefs need a feature back.

DaneMcCloud 04-07-2020 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14892544)
Losing Wiz, but Rankin was rock solid in the time he saw last year with above average pass pro. Think we’ll take an OL in the mid rds for depth.

As much as some of you won’t like it, they’ll surely be thinking if Speaks as an Ogbah replacement. He’s not popular but he did show flashes playing as a freaking 280 lb LB (thanks Sutton). They’ll probably add another DE too but before we write Speaks off, remember Kpass being in a similar situation.

I think LB and corner are sure bets in this draft with some kind of weapon taken in the first 3 picks. Just not sure if that weapon taken early will be a WR or RB.

Agreed on Ogbah and was typing the same comments when I read your post.

While the Chiefs may or may not take an interior lineman with one of their 2020 selections, the Practice Squad increased from 10-14 and for the first time, veteran players can be assigned to the squad. The roster size increases from 53 to 58.

Considering that Reid's offensive lines have seen UDFA's, 6th and 7th round former draft picks become viable starters during his tenure, I think it's a safe bet that we'll see an increased number of offensive lineman on the Practice Squad and 58 man roster.

Reid's had very good luck with developing those kind of players over the years and with a limited number of picks in 2020, there's a good chance we'll see more of those types of guys on the 90 as they head into TC.

OKchiefs 04-07-2020 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 14892544)

No problem putting the blame on Sutton, but why would Veach even draft a guy who didn't fit the scheme at the time?

Also, ESPN did an article on players from each team that would suffer most from missing the off-season. Teicher picked Speaks for the Chiefs.

MahomesMagic 04-07-2020 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14892481)

Ruggs
Jefferson
Higgins
Lamb

I don't think of Higgins as comparable to those others. For me it is

Jeudy in his own tier

Then Lamb

Then Jefferson

After that Ruggs, KJ Hamler, Pittman, Shenault, Aiyuk all in a cluster

Then after that Mims and Higgins

Then you are looking at a Reagor, Mooney, etc

If we were to take a WR at the end of the 1st (assuming Jeudy, Lamb, and Jefferson gone) I would think about KJ Hamler.

Next year you move Hardman into Watkins spot (but play him as a vertical decoy) and wreck people with Hill, Hamler, Kelce and the running game.

neech 04-07-2020 02:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14892530)

QB - still a beast
WRs - same
Oline - worse, Wisniewski to Remmers. Is Remmer going to be a swing OT or LG? I don't want Wylie to start at LG anymore. I think we got worse.
RBs - same

A whole lot of "pending" worse for a super bowl team. We better have a damn good draft. We need players than can produce in their 1st year.

We need to drop down in the draft and get more picks is what I'm thinking.

JakeF 04-07-2020 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14892576)

only have 1 RDE (Kpass)

Suggs and Ogbah gone

CB is a real issue, I'm not sure we don't have to draft a CB in RD 1.

Losing Wis hurts at LG, Wylie sucks.

RunKC 04-07-2020 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by OKchiefs (Post 14892614)
No problem putting the blame on Sutton, but why would Veach even draft a guy who didn't fit the scheme at the time?

Also, ESPN did an article on players from each team that would suffer most from missing the off-season. Teicher picked Speaks for the Chiefs.

Speaks played DE, DT and some stand up LB at Ole Miss. He was a very versatile player in college.

duncan_idaho 04-07-2020 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 14892622)
I don't think of Higgins as comparable to those others. For me it is

Jeudy in his own tier

Then Lamb

Then Jefferson

After that Ruggs, KJ Hamler, Pittman, Shenault, Aiyuk all in a cluster

Then after that Mims and Higgins

Then you are looking at a Reagor, Mooney, etc

If we were to take a WR at the end of the 1st (assuming Jeudy, Lamb, and Jefferson gone) I would think about KJ Hamler.

Next year you move Hardman into Watkins spot (but play him as a vertical decoy) and wreck people with Hill, Hamler, Kelce and the running game.

I would slot them as:

Jeudy

Ruggs, Lamb, Jefferson

Mims, Higgins, Aiyuk

I'm not nearly that high on Hamler and don't think the Chiefs need another WR like that. They need a more physical receiver like Mims or Jefferson or Shenault or Aigyuk to replace Watkins. Hardman is a speed/slot guy, but doesn't have the physicality of Sammy.

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14892530)

QB - still a beast
WRs - same
RBs - same

It's way too early to compare this year's roster to last year's. Draft, end of FA will drastically change things.

It's not just about the draft. It's about what they will do with the cap space freed up by working out the final solution with Jones - either trading him or extending him will free up a lot of cap space.

They'll likely use that to address one of those problem spots you're talking about.

If Jones gets something like 5/$110m, with $25 million in signing bonus, his year 1 cap hit is likely going to be something like $6-7 million. That would free up basically $10 million clear of the cap needed for the draft pool. maybe some of that chips in towards a Mahomes extension. Or, maybe, that's used to bring back Breeland or sign Eli Apple and add a DE like Markus Golden who can help.

MahomesMagic 04-07-2020 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14892687)
I would slot them as:

Jeudy

Ruggs, Lamb, Jefferson

Mims, Higgins, Aiyuk

I'm not nearly that high on Hamler and don't think the Chiefs need another WR like that. They need a more physical receiver like Mims or Jefferson or Shenault or Aigyuk to replace Watkins. Hardman is a speed/slot guy, but doesn't have the physicality of Sammy.

It's way too early to compare this year's roster to last year's. Draft, end of FA will drastically change things.

It's not just about the draft. It's about what they will do with the cap space freed up by working out the final solution with Jones - either trading him or extending him will free up a lot of cap space.

They'll likely use that to address one of those problem spots you're talking about.

If Jones gets something like 5/$110m, with $25 million in signing bonus, his year 1 cap hit is likely going to be something like $6-7 million. That would free up basically $10 million clear of the cap needed for the draft pool. maybe some of that chips in towards a Mahomes extension. Or, maybe, that's used to bring back Breeland or sign Eli Apple and add a DE like Markus Golden who can help.

Aiyuk starts as a slot only so he might be the only guy who doesn't fit here in that tier as Reid wants his WR's to have versatility. It's true that Hamler is not big and won't grab contested catches. But I don't care about that since what he does do is better...separate and get open. When you have a Rodgers or in our case a Mahomes..give me the guy who just gets open and is a TD if they make the slightest mistake. Explosive playmakers..keep adding.

Jefferson does fit that go get it guy but I expect he will be gone.

Mims is fine somewhere but he just doesn't do what Hamler does. He would be fine to add if we waited till the late 2nd early 3rd but I also suspect that teams will overvalue him. He just doesn't have that wow factor to me.

BTW, Louis Riddick who is friends with Veach just ended the ESPN draft special by saying watch out for KJ Hamler. He's the guy that's going high that the mock drafters keep ignoring.

RunKC 04-07-2020 06:30 PM

Not specifically Chiefs rumor related but overall the rumors floating around is that a lot of teams are nervous about ****ing this draft up bc of this situation.

Geoff Schwartz made a good point about how teams will take the players first with the most complete scouting profile, basically guys from big schools and no injury concerns.

Makes me think some damn good steals could fall a rd like Bryce Hall.

DaneMcCloud 04-24-2020 01:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrRyan (Post 14890843)
RB at #32 is the sword Dane has chosen to die on currently. Don't try having a rational conversation with him about other positions being of equal, or greater value.

Looks like I was right, Dr. Turdcutter

DaneMcCloud 04-24-2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 14890844)
Yeah, don't. You sound like you have a hard time grasping simple thoughts.

Looks like I was right and you were wrong, despite your insults

DaneMcCloud 04-24-2020 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MahomesMagic (Post 14890868)
RB's have a short shelf life, that's why I picked the last one to come out in the 1st round.

But you probably didn't understand that..since you already think you can just grab OL in any round..it's all the same.

But while you might have adopted what you think is a brilliant draft philosophy ACTUAL NFL teams don't see it your way at all.

BTW, your constant, "Are you 12.." schtick is very childish. That's what psychologists call "projection". You are calling yourself out.

More moronic posts from this dipshit