ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Frank Clark to KC! (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=322491)

Dartgod 04-23-2019 12:02 PM

Overreaction Planet, gotta love it.

Mecca 04-23-2019 12:02 PM

What DE was gonna be there at 29?

Also in case you missed it, the Chiefs have cap room they just got rid of Houston and Berry.

Also all of that shit doesn't matter cause in 2 years the cap will look vastly different after the lockout/strike.

Prison Bitch 04-23-2019 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 14221439)
The draft picks don't bother me so much -- I won't pretend to have watched a ton of Clark like apparently everyone here, and he's CLEARLY regarded in a tier closer to Mack than Ford -- but the money worries me when Jones, Hill and Mahomes are coming. We've just got so many big contracts.

Other than that, my main concern is ending up with yet another guy who doesn't live up to his contract. It's one thing manipulating the cap with guys who are actually worth $15-35m/year but another with a bunch of Houstons and Berrys.

BTW, people would've been happier about this 2 months ago just because the draft is 2 days away. Same for me. That excitement is gone now.

Same here. It’s the $$$$ and lack of club control that’s infuriating.

ToxSocks 04-23-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire (Post 14221436)
This x 1000.

We just added a 25 year old Uber stud and all people care about is “OMG VEACH SUCKS AT TRADES”.

Guess what: we still have two seconds in a good second round. The chances that 29 becomes a guy as half as good as Clark are slim to none, and we’re trying to win now, so....

I swear sometimes this fan base is allergic to good players.

I watched this place, all offseason, celebrate the signing of replacement level players.

Like i said, good players cost assets. That's just the way it is. Want a stud? You have to pay for it.

They got a stud. Fantastic.

And they still have two 2nd's and a 3rd to wheel and deal, move around if they need to to acquire someone to improve the back end.

I don't like giving up the 1st but w/e.

Chiefspants 04-23-2019 12:03 PM

How did we manage to lose Dorsey and Ballard?

chiefzilla1501 04-23-2019 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14221399)
Good grief, no he doesn't.

My lord.

It's not enough to live up to the $20m contract.

He now has to be better than if we traded up for a top 20 pick + the $20m we could have spent on other players.

That is one hell of an expectation.

Marcellus 04-23-2019 12:03 PM

Word on the street is Clark Hunt approved the trade because he likes the kids name.

arrowheadnation 04-23-2019 12:03 PM

I like it. Shows we want to win and win NOW. I still say we make a play at Patrick Peterson too. The money stuff always works itself out. They'll get someone to reconfigure or make part of it a signing bonus or some shit like that. Fans get caught up in the money too often. Just enjoy the ride.

BryanBusby 04-23-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 14221448)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">In reporting on the Frank Clark trade to KC over the weekend, I asked a lot of folks on whether he was THAT big an upgrade over Dee Ford.<br><br>The universal answer: Yes. Without question.</p>&mdash; Albert Breer (@AlbertBreer) <a href="https://twitter.com/AlbertBreer/status/1120749101308612615?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 23, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

You'd have to be a butt ****ing moron to think otherwise.

Sassy Squatch 04-23-2019 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14221438)
The worst part about this is have we really improved as a defense all that much? If we're doing a scheme transition, and if that causes confusion problems in the first year for many of the players, what's the point of moving heaven and earth to get a guy right now to fill a hole?

Why don't we ****ing draft somebody and let them develop while the other guys on defense make the transition?

For ****'s sake. The defense is going to suck. With or without Clark. It's still going to ****ing suck this year.

Clark is there... we suck. We draft some guys... we suck. The difference is in one situation we get the benefit of cheap players 3-4 years down the line in the initial stages of the Mahomes extension. In the other situation we're paying $20 million each year to one guy over the course of that time.

I'm pretty pissed. We eventually have to stop this revolving door of GMs, but at this point I really ****ing hate Veach. He's goddamn clueless.

Carl, Pioli, and even Dorsey to some extent at least were able to put up the veil of walking away from a deal. They weren't afraid of inaction, because inaction is the only goddamn bargaining chip a team often has. Veach has none of that. "Buy low, sell high" means nothing to this loser. For as vocal as he is about certain players, he clearly doesn't trust his own ability to navigate a draft board or trust his scouting when Plan A doesn't go the way he planned.

He's horrible. He might be the weakest GM we've had since before Carl.

Other GMs clearly have him pegged as the douche who will give you anything you want.

Agents love him too.

thabear04 04-23-2019 12:04 PM

So it’s not a done deal if Clark and Chiefs can’t come to terms on a new deal.

Mecca 04-23-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 14221442)
You are completely ignoring opportunity cost. We lost the ability to draft cheap talent at #29 that gives us a 5th year option. We lost an additional 2020 round pick that had value both this year for a trade up and next year as a pick. We lost cap flexibility. And lastly, we also most likely lost one of four players that need to be re-signed in the coming two years.

We lost more than we gained. It's a bad trade no matter what you guys want to make yourselves believe. If your plan is to run a franchise for one season it's wonderful, but long term it was stupid as **** and very short sighted.

If the talent sucks does it matter that it's cheap?

Would you rather have Jaylon Ferguson than Clark cause he's cheaper? I mean honestly...

BossChief 04-23-2019 12:05 PM

**** this trade

He would need to be a perennial all pro for us to get a ROI

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-23-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thabear04 (Post 14221461)
So it’s not a done deal if Clark and Chiefs can’t come to terms on a new deal.

Correct

Warpaint69 04-23-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 14221397)
Reason I don’t like this:

Seahawks have a great gm and coaching staff and they need pass rushers badly.

Why would they move on from this guy if he’s good? They have more info on him than we do.

Cap space

BigRedChief 04-23-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

I'm pretty pissed. We eventually have to stop this revolving door of GMs, but at this point I really ****ing hate Veach. He's goddamn clueless

welll except for Veech being the main reason we have Mahomes under center. The best goddamn draft pick of all time.

Shoes 04-23-2019 12:05 PM

I think the misconception is that people are going to want to compare this trade to the Dee Ford trade which is understandable. If you look at Frank Clark's production compared to a Khalil Mack, sack wise they are very similar. Now I obviously think Khalil Mack is a much better football player than Frank Clark, but I think the difference in value is that Frank Clark is much closer to Mack than Dee Ford if that makes sense.

Obviously hate losing the first round pick but I think with Mahomes being on his rookie contract you have to take risks and give this team the best opportunity to win a Super Bowl today. I think adding Frank Clark achieves that and gets us closer. I don't think a rookie pass rusher at 29 would be enough, maybe in a few years but not this season.

alpha_omega 04-23-2019 12:05 PM

Price seems a bit steep, but i'm ok with it.

siberian khatru 04-23-2019 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dartgod (Post 14221451)
Overreaction Planet, gotta love it.

Just getting the draft day meltdown out of the way a couple days early this year.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-23-2019 12:06 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Frank Clark is one of seven player with an active streak of 3+ consecutive seasons with 9+ sacks <a href="https://t.co/o7BFMZJVP0">pic.twitter.com/o7BFMZJVP0</a></p>&mdash; ProFootballReference (@pfref) <a href="https://twitter.com/pfref/status/1120750202976075776?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 23, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

duncan_idaho 04-23-2019 12:06 PM

Like: Clark is a lot better all-around player than Dee Ford and is younger.

Don’t like: turning Dee Ford and a first-round pick into Frank Clark and a better third-round pick. That price is a bit high.

Hate: Adding another domestic violence guy to the team. I know the Michigan stuff is in the past and he wasn’t charged and she hit him first and all of that, but that’s an awfully big risk to take on while the Tyreek Hill stuff is ongoing.

Mecca 04-23-2019 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14221454)
I swear sometimes this fan base is allergic to good players.

I watched this place, all offseason, celebrate the signing of replacement level players.

Like i said, good players cost assets. That's just the way it is. Want a stud? You have to pay for it.

They got a stud. Fantastic.

And they still have two 2nd's and a 3rd to wheel and deal, move around if they need to to acquire someone to improve the back end.

I don't like giving up the 1st but w/e.

Yea apparently its better to have some cheap jags.

CasselGotPeedOn 04-23-2019 12:07 PM

Regardless of compensation, Jones and Clark are going to rape faces

saphojunkie 04-23-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14221456)
It's not enough to live up to the $20m contract.

He now has to be better than if we traded up for a top 20 pick + the $20m we could have spent on other players.

That is one hell of an expectation.

WHO

WHO THE **** ARE THESE MAGICAL FREE AGENTS EVERYONE PRETENDS ARE FLOODING THE MARKET

If we spent that $20M on free agents, guess what? You'd be bitching that we spent that money when it could have been spent on free agents.

THIS IS WHAT SPENDING MONEY LOOKS LIKE.

god, this line of thinking is so ****ing irrational.

Chris Meck 04-23-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 14221442)
You are completely ignoring opportunity cost. We lost the ability to draft cheap talent at #29 that gives us a 5th year option. We lost an additional 2020 round pick that had value both this year for a trade up and next year as a pick. We lost cap flexibility. And lastly, we also most likely lost one of four players that need to be resigned in the coming two years.

We lost more than we gained. It's a bad trade no matter what you guys want to make yourselves believe. If your plan is to run a franchise for one season it's wonderful, but long term it was stupid as **** and very short sighted.

Are you ****ing high? I mean, seriously. Crack is whack.

You really think a #29 pick was going to produce like Frank Clark over the next few seasons-especially 2019? And 2020? and 2021? Incredibly unlikely. The REASON you want cap flexibility is for the ability to...well, do things like this-get a proven playmaker, young, in his prime, no injury history. We can frontload Clark's deal some and spread it out. It's a smart move. AND he's 25 ****ing years old. He's just in his prime years.

We gave up a late #2. We gained 10 spots in the 3rd this year.

Clark and Jones are going to wreck offensive lines for the next several years. This defense just took a MAJOR step forward.

You guys are nuts.

I have off the field concerns with Clark, but as a player, this is a MAJOR, HUGE talent increase.

CupidStunt 04-23-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14221463)
**** this trade

Or just a pressure or two in the AFC Championship game, perhaps.

RunKC 04-23-2019 12:07 PM

Quote:

The worst part about this is have we really improved as a defense all that much? If we're doing a scheme transition, and if that causes confusion problems in the first year for many of the players, what's the point of moving heaven and earth to get a guy right now to fill a hole?

Why don't we ****ing draft somebody and let them develop while the other guys on defense make the transition?

For ****'s sake. The defense is going to suck. With or without Clark. It's still going to ****ing suck this year.

Clark is there... we suck. We draft some guys... we suck. The difference is in one situation we get the benefit of cheap players 3-4 years down the line in the initial stages of the Mahomes extension. In the other situation we're paying $20 million each year to one guy over the course of that time.

I'm pretty pissed. We eventually have to stop this revolving door of GMs, but at this point I really ****ing hate Veach. He's goddamn clueless.

Carl, Pioli, and even Dorsey to some extent at least were able to put up the veil of walking away from a deal. They weren't afraid of inaction, because inaction is the only goddamn bargaining chip a team often has. Veach has none of that. "Buy low, sell high" means nothing to this loser. For as vocal as he is about certain players, he clearly doesn't trust his own ability to navigate a draft board or trust his scouting when Plan A doesn't go the way he planned.

Other GMs clearly have him pegged as the douche who will give you anything you want.

Good God dude take a lap. You are way overreacting to this. This trade is not as terrible as you are making it.

pugsnotdrugs19 04-23-2019 12:08 PM

Some of you are just complete morons.

If nothing else, take solace in the fact that this should mean Hill is in the clear.

BossChief 04-23-2019 12:08 PM

**** this trade

chiefzilla1501 04-23-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14221452)
What DE was gonna be there at 29?

Also in case you missed it, the Chiefs have cap room they just got rid of Houston and Berry.

Also all of that shit doesn't matter cause in 2 years the cap will look vastly different after the lockout/strike.

For what we gave up we could have easily used that to move into the top 20 maybe even top 15. And by doing that you add a high potential player and still have $20-25m to spend.

gonefishin53 04-23-2019 12:08 PM

A new and improved #55 for the Chiefs. I pretty sure FC knows how to line up onside.

arrowheadnation 04-23-2019 12:08 PM

Phyllis Rivers and Joe Flacco might as well start shopping for coffins.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-23-2019 12:08 PM

I have to face facts:

Our GM is a ****ing schlub who gets walked on and ****ed like a little bitch. And I can guarantee you his picks are going to ****ing suck too.

milkman 04-23-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 14221423)
The issue is what we got for Ford, not what we spent for Clark.

I don't like the 1st round pick being gone either, but the Chiefs landed a premier player.

All of a sudden that Dline is a unit of strength, just like that.

We need playmakers and we don't have 2-3 years to wait for a rookie Edge rusher to grow up.

The question is this.

Is Clark so much better than Ford, or did Veach get fleaced on both deals?

Sassy Squatch 04-23-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 14221471)
Like: Clark is a lot better all-around player than Dee Ford and is younger.

Don’t like: turning Dee Ford and a first-round pick into Frank Clark and a better third-round pick. That price is a bit high.

Hate: Adding another domestic violence guy to the team. I know the Michigan stuff is in the past and he wasn’t charged and she hit him first and all of that, but that’s an awfully big risk to take on while the Tyreek Hill stuff is ongoing.

100% this.

RealSNR 04-23-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by St. Patty's Fire (Post 14221436)
This x 1000.

We just added a 25 year old Uber stud and all people care about is “OMG VEACH SUCKS AT TRADES”.

Guess what: we still have two seconds in a good second round. The chances that 29 becomes a guy as half as good as Clark are slim to none, and we’re trying to win now, so....

I can't wait to watch everybody bitch about how much the defense sucks this year.

It was always going to suck, but the improvements we're going to make with Clark are negligible. It's a transition year. We've still got question marks all over this unit, and the players who in theory should be right with the program are still going to make mental errors.

It's a bad deal.

Eleazar 04-23-2019 12:09 PM

Edge rushers are valuable, but they aren't nearly as valuable as guys who can generate push up the middle in today's NFL. How many times do you watch Brady distribute the ball much faster than an edge rusher could get to him?

For this massive compensation package and a massive contract and still needing help at corner and elsewhere, now losing multiple picks... not sure I like it.

This offseason has been positive but Frank Clark might be a bridge too far

Mecca 04-23-2019 12:09 PM

You just gave a high level DL coach 2 young ascending players....

This defense is improving, everyone should be thrilled yet here is bitching.

staylor26 04-23-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

:facepalm:

ToxSocks 04-23-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 14221462)
If the talent sucks does it matter that it's cheap?

Would you rather have Jaylon Ferguson than Clark cause he's cheaper? I mean honestly...

A****ingmen.

saphojunkie 04-23-2019 12:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14221481)
For what we gave up we could have easily used that to move into the top 20 maybe even top 15. And by doing that you add a high potential player and still have $20-25m to spend.

1. Frank Clark is one of a handful of players worth a huge contract.
2. The difference is NOT 20-25 million, it sounds RIDICULOUS when you say that.

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-23-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14221466)
welll except for Veech being the main reason we have Mahomes under center. The best goddamn draft pick of all time.

You don't get 100 mulligans for being a good scout with a QB boner. As far as I'm concerned, that pick is bought and paid for.

TribalElder 04-23-2019 12:10 PM

draft picks are much more valuable because of the contracts you get that goes along with the drafted player. We are gonna break the bank for this guy and will be sad as **** in a season or two.

OKchiefs 04-23-2019 12:10 PM

So everyone here seems to agree that impact players aren't found outside the first round. So I guess maybe by year 3 or 4 Veach might finally draft his own impact player?

In 2-3 years this is going to be an extremely top heavy team with holes and very little depth.

Chris Meck 04-23-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14221484)
I have to face facts:

Our GM is a ****ing schlub who gets walked on and ****ed like a little bitch. And I can guarantee you his picks are going to ****ing suck too.

Put down the pipe, man.

saphojunkie 04-23-2019 12:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate (Post 14221484)
I have to face facts:

Oh, you GUARANTEE it?

JakeF 04-23-2019 12:11 PM

Isn't Frank Clark on the last year of his contract?

17.8m base salary this year and is almost assuredly going to announce a new contract with him soon. So all the money we just cut is going to be added back again and in the same position.

Running in place.

staylor26 04-23-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by milkman (Post 14221485)
The question is this.

Is Clark so much better than Ford, or did Veach get fleaced on both deals?

Did you see Albert Breer’s tweet about him asking around about this?

TribalElder 04-23-2019 12:11 PM

SPAGS

BossChief 04-23-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19 (Post 14221479)
Some of you are just complete morons.

If nothing else, take solace in the fact that this should mean Hill is in the clear.

Can you explain this?

To me, it seems like once Hills name went in the media the team looked for other ways to spend his $

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-23-2019 12:11 PM

Rapoport said this contract will probably be more then Demarcus Lawrences

BigRedChief 04-23-2019 12:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 14221487)
I can't wait to watch everybody bitch about how much the defense sucks this year.

It was always going to suck, but the improvements we're going to make with Clark are negligible. It's a transition year. We've still got question marks all over this unit, and the players who in theory should be right with the program are still going to make mental errors.

It's a bad deal.

we were a DL lined up correctly, 1 ****ing stop on 3rd and long from going to the Super Bowl with one of the worst defenses in
The league. He can change that.

ChiTown 04-23-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JakeF (Post 14221499)

17.8m base salary this year and is almost assuredly going to announce a new contract with him soon.

Yes - but he's restructuring a new deal or this trade would have never happened.

chiefzilla1501 04-23-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 14221475)
WHO

WHO THE **** ARE THESE MAGICAL FREE AGENTS EVERYONE PRETENDS ARE FLOODING THE MARKET

If we spent that $20M on free agents, guess what? You'd be bitching that we spent that money when it could have been spent on free agents.

THIS IS WHAT SPENDING MONEY LOOKS LIKE.

god, this line of thinking is so ****ing irrational.

It could be one player. It could be multiple. Hell, we could have had Landon Collins + traded up to the top 20 to get an edge rusher + still had $5-10m to spare.

I thought we passed on Collins because we were being deliberate. This seems like a panic to me that the Chiefs swung at a few big free agents early but couldn't land the big fish they wanted.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-23-2019 12:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BossChief (Post 14221502)
Can you explain this?

To me, it seems like once Hills name went in the media the team looked for other ways to spend his $

Clark also has domestic violence issues in the past. Clark Hunt wouldn’t allow for the team to have multiple players with issues. This essentially means Hill is in the clear

Tribal Warfare 04-23-2019 12:12 PM

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.ph...5b95f460ead6e6

Seahawks Fans reaction

New World Order 04-23-2019 12:12 PM

No ****ing excuse to not win it this year

All in

staylor26 04-23-2019 12:12 PM

Frank Clark wouldn’t have been offsides. Just sayin.

:P

Sweet Daddy Hate 04-23-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 14221498)
Oh, you GUARANTEE it?

Maybe not. Seems to me he's afraid to go to a draft with a full suite of picks. It would probably expose him for being a shitty GM who can't draft worth a **** too.

Athis 04-23-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TribalElder (Post 14221495)
draft picks are much more valuable because of the contracts you get that goes along with the drafted player. We are gonna break the bank for this guy and will be sad as **** in a season or two.

In a season or two you get rid of him..

BigRedChief 04-23-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

17.8m base salary this year and is almost assuredly going to announce a new contract with him soon. So all the money we just cut is going to be added back again and in the same position.

Running in place.

of course there is a new deal. You don’t pay that price for a one year rental.

rabblerouser 04-23-2019 12:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 14221250)
I've completely lost all faith in Veach if this happens. What a ****ing joke.

WAY overpaid.

All in for the SB...

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-23-2019 12:13 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Frank Clark is ****ing elite</p>&mdash; Chris Long (@JOEL9ONE) <a href="https://twitter.com/JOEL9ONE/status/1120751040700325893?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 23, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Marcellus 04-23-2019 12:13 PM

So Veach has added Mathieu, Breeland, Okafor,Wilson, Ogbah and Clark to the defense this offseason while gaining cap space and people want him fired?

Eleazar 04-23-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Running in place.

Obviously it would be contingent on him signing a long-term deal with the Chiefs.

RunKC 04-23-2019 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Meck (Post 14221476)
Are you ****ing high? I mean, seriously. Crack is whack.

You really think a #29 pick was going to produce like Frank Clark over the next few seasons-especially 2019? And 2020? and 2021? Incredibly unlikely. The REASON you want cap flexibility is for the ability to...well, do things like this-get a proven playmaker, young, in his prime, no injury history. We can frontload Clark's deal some and spread it out. It's a smart move.

We gave up a late #2. We gained 10 spots in the 3rd this year.

Clark and Jones are going to wreck offensive lines for the next several years. This defense just took a MAJOR step forward.

You guys are nuts.

I have off the field concerns with Clark, but as a player, this is a MAJOR, HUGE talent increase.

<div class="tenor-gif-embed" data-postid="9222847" data-share-method="host" data-width="100%" data-aspect-ratio="1.7785714285714287"><a href="https://tenor.com/view/ty-thank-you-thankyou-michael-gif-9222847">Steve Carell Thankyou GIF</a> from <a href="https://tenor.com/search/stevecarell-gifs">Stevecarell GIFs</a></div><script type="text/javascript" async src="https://tenor.com/embed.js"></script>

Mecca 04-23-2019 12:14 PM

Clark is ****ing 25 years old, he's barely older than the guys that are being drafted and he is a proven stud at his position.

We didn't just trade for a dude that is 32.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 04-23-2019 12:14 PM

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs and Frank Clark reached agreement on a 5 yrs, $105.5 million contract - greater total than DeMarcus Lawrence, with $63.5 million guaranteed, per source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1120752347469221889?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 23, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Chris Meck 04-23-2019 12:15 PM

#29 picks have a like 35% chance of success.

We just signed a legit stud 25 year old DE with no holes in his game, had 13 sacks last year and gave up a 2020 2nd while moving up in the 3rd.

Rather than roll the dice.

When we win the ****ing Super Bowl and Clark is a major reason, I hope you all come back here and grovel.

If you don't give a shit about off the field issues, there's no reason on earth to complain about this trade. I DO have concerns, but as a player, Clark is ****ing excellent. You guys wanted to trade for Clowney? Clark is BETTER.

God of Thunder 04-23-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14221524)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Chiefs and Frank Clark reached agreement on a 5 yrs, $105.5 million contract - greater total than DeMarcus Lawrence, with $63.5 million guaranteed, per source.</p>&mdash; Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) <a href="https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1120752347469221889?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 23, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Whew shit.

BryanBusby 04-23-2019 12:15 PM

They sent basically what is a 2nd round pick (29 is garbo tier) and we expect them to be content with that, in a draft that had maybe 17 first round players.

Cp: this first round is a butt****
Cp: why did we trade our first

Marcellus 04-23-2019 12:15 PM

Cha ching.

Tribal Warfare 04-23-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 14221518)
<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Frank Clark is ****ing elite</p>&mdash; Chris Long (@JOEL9ONE) <a href="https://twitter.com/JOEL9ONE/status/1120751040700325893?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">April 23, 2019</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

better average 12-15 sacks, and line up onsides

Steron 04-23-2019 12:15 PM

Quote:

****balls. 500k more than Lawrence.

neech 04-23-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tribal Warfare (Post 14221510)

Seahawks Fans reaction

They seem to like all the draft picks we gave them and the fact frank was going to be too pricy for them.

The Franchise 04-23-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

God. Damn.

We'd better have an out after three years.

Marcellus 04-23-2019 12:16 PM

Someone hit up Frank and see if he will buy CP a new server.

RealSNR 04-23-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BigRedChief (Post 14221466)

Veach scouted him.

Dorsey did the dirty work. Dorsey pulled off the trade up. He did it for a reasonable price. And he smokescreened 5 or 6 other GMs and had them stunned when the trade went through and we got our guy.

THAT is the real reason why we have Mahomes. And I'm not even a Dorsey apologist. I'm just stating facts. There are parts of being a GM that go beyond being a front office scout who happens to have an ear with the guys in charge.

Veach has two modes of deals: piddly low risk deals and deals that make you go, "Jesus Christ, were you ****ing drunk, Brett?"

There's no in between. And there are no in between good deals. His best ones have been the low risk kind that have produced some kind of effect or player. The crap ones are REEEEALLY crap. And they stick around for a long time.

Dorsey had some good ones in his time. The first Jamaal extension. The Abdullah contract. The Kelce pick and subsequent extension. The Allen Bailey extension. He's had some crap ones, too, but he at least got some reasonable ones.

Veach has zero. It's either top of the market or a lukewarm "who cares?" type of situation.

saphojunkie 04-23-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14221506)
It could be one player. It could be multiple. Hell, we could have had Landon Collins + traded up to the top 20 to get an edge rusher + still had $5-10m to spare.

I thought we passed on Collins because we were being deliberate. This seems like a panic to me that the Chiefs swung at a few big free agents early but couldn't land the big fish they wanted.

Landon Collins has absolutely nothing to do with Frank Clark. What... why?

Huh?

Trading up to the top 20 most assuredly costs AT LEAST what we gave up for Clark, and it's still an unknown commodity. This team is clearly in win-now mode. They know what they have in Mahomes, and they are going for it.

This defense will be unrecognizable next year.

Mecca 04-23-2019 12:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 14221506)

Frank Clark is a better end than Collins is a safety....when you change schemes you need guys.

They just added one of the 5 best 4-3 ends in the game to the team and people are complaining.

This was like when the Chiefs moved Jared Allen guess what..looking back now, that was stupid as ****.