ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343675)

Dull Tools 05-03-2022 05:46 AM

Highest PFF graded seasons by a Clemson WR since 2014

�� Justyn Ross (’18): 91.4
�� Mike Williams (’16): 91.3
�� Tee Higgins (’19): 90.5

In58men 05-03-2022 06:18 AM

Knowing we have Juju, MVS, Hardman and Skyy, I really have to pump the brakes on Ross. I don’t expect to see much this season. Just let him learn the playbook and have him active in practice getting some reps in with Henne/Mahomes. I wouldn’t play him this season, no need to rush him in.

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-03-2022 06:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 16279824)
Knowing we have Juju, MVS, Hardman and Skyy, I really have to pump the brakes on Ross. I don’t expect to see much this season. Just let him learn the playbook and have him active in practice getting some reps in with Henne/Mahomes. I wouldn’t play him this season, no need to rush him in.

I dont really think its about him learning the playbook. Hes got all the talent and skills to be a star. Its about whether or not he can recover from past injuries to recapture that magic, and then stay on the field. Two huge obstacles for the kid to overcome.

In58men 05-03-2022 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard (Post 16279863)
I dont really think its about him learning the playbook. Hes got all the talent and skills to be a star. Its about whether or not he can recover from past injuries to recapture that magic, and then stay on the field. Two huge obstacles for the kid to overcome.

It’s not about the playbook per-say, but having him take off the season to learn it is just an added bonus.

Sofa King 05-03-2022 07:12 AM

Take a year off? How many years off does someone need? He's cleared and ready to go now. He is what he is. A potentially never the same wr hoping to recapture his former glory. If he does that would be amazing, but it very rarely ever happens. His body just hasn't been up to the task and that's not his fault.

Hoping for the best but I'm not predicting much. He lasted this long as an UDFA, I assume he'll last after cuts long enough to hit the practice squad if they want him to. There's a lot of wr's on this team already. He has youth as his main advantage over the others. I just want the best and healthiest 6 wr's to make the team, bonus if they're younger and can finally knock out the Gordons, Dieters, etc we've had on the team.

oldman 05-03-2022 07:15 AM

I don't expect much from this guy, but Veach is known for finding hidden gems. If he turns out to be a solid player, groovy. If not, cut him, it's as simple as that. Nothing ventured is nothing gained.

notorious 05-03-2022 07:15 AM

Watkins scoffs at his inability to stay healthy.

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-03-2022 07:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by In58men (Post 16279875)
It’s not about the playbook per-say, but having him take off the season to learn it is just an added bonus.

You've got a small window with a kid like this. If he's healthy and has any kind of the burst that made him once great - he has to get on the field. caveat: unless there is a trainers regimen that the team has been advised to take. Say, Ease him into contact physically to not break the glass. If that's the case then sure. But, not to "learn the playbook" so to speak. It's all about his health and physical recovery with how slow the team takes it. I wouldn't slowplay it unless he's just unable to recapture the physical aptitude back on the field.

redfan 05-03-2022 07:37 AM

Broke-dick vibes, good luck kid.

O.city 05-03-2022 07:39 AM

Say he stays healthy. Whats the likely scenario here on how he actually makes the team?

Practice squad this year, etc?

Fansy the Famous Bard 05-03-2022 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16279926)
Say he stays healthy. Whats the likely scenario here on how he actually makes the team?

Practice squad this year, etc?

There's two things... he's not just gotta be heatlhy, but also recapture that physical potency that made him great. From the aptitude tests leading up to the draft, he obviously didn't have it. Yeah, he's recovering... but you still have to be able to regain the explosiveness. If he can, he's on the team... because the talent is that good. If not, then yeah the PS. Just worried he's "cleared" but has a long way to go physically.

Dunerdr 05-03-2022 09:18 AM

This guy rant he same 40 as Jason Avant. There is a path to success here, hopefully he can get healthier and more dynamic than he tested though.

The Franchise 05-03-2022 09:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard (Post 16279945)
There's two things... he's not just gotta be heatlhy, but also recapture that physical potency that made him great. From the aptitude tests leading up to the draft, he obviously didn't have it. Yeah, he's recovering... but you still have to be able to regain the explosiveness. If he can, he's on the team... because the talent is that good. If not, then yeah the PS. Just worried he's "cleared" but has a long way to go physically.

This guy just has to beat the dudes out for those last two WR spots on the roster. It's not like he has an uphill battle against amazing players.

O.city 05-03-2022 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16280159)
This guy just has to beat the dudes out for those last two WR spots on the roster. It's not like he has an uphill battle against amazing players.

He's really gotta beat out the dudes up higher though, I doubt he's gonna play much special teams.

Kman34 05-03-2022 09:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16280159)

I would guess Powell is the odd man out.. Dieter maybe.. but who knows..

The Franchise 05-03-2022 09:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16280197)
He's really gotta beat out the dudes up higher though, I doubt he's gonna play much special teams.

Then like you said....have your cornerbacks and safeties play STs.

I'm tired of Toub getting dedicated roster spots for his guys.

chiefforlife 05-03-2022 09:49 AM

Im rooting for the guy. I doubt they would let him play STs so he will have to earn his way without that being part of it. Makes it a little more difficult for him.

I would love to see him come in and show out. He is exactly the kind of WR I was hoping to draft. Would be excellent for the Chiefs and Justyn if he turns out to be that guy!

JPH83 05-03-2022 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16280217)
Then like you said....have your cornerbacks and safeties play STs.

I'm tired of Toub getting dedicated roster spots for his guys

Agreed, I know there was some stuff around him not having more than the league average for ST specific players or something, but I don't care. Unless our ST unit is absolutely killing it, forget it Toub.

Shaid 05-03-2022 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammock Parties (Post 16278539)

That's looks like shit, I guess we'll see.

Dunerdr 05-03-2022 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 16280258)

It's all dependent on him getting healthier? Obvious theyre hoping for an uptick. His current state is a stretch to make it.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05-03-2022 09:59 AM

Also does everyone realize he had his back surgery 2 years ago and is fine. He played through a stress fracture in his foot most of last year. That’s what the injury concerns are

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05-03-2022 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaid (Post 16280258)

Had a stress fracture in his foot. It’s hard to do much but he touched it out. He’s all heart.

Dunerdr 05-03-2022 10:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE! (Post 16280285)
Also does everyone realize he had his back surgery 2 years ago and is fine. He played through a stress fracture in his foot most of last year. That’s what the injury concerns are

I think everyone realizes that, thats why he didnt get ****ing drafted.

FringeNC 05-03-2022 10:19 AM

Don't mean to be a downer, but Ross has Klippel-Feil syndrome. It is more complicated than just having a surgery to fix it.

Not sure the NFL would allow him to play.

wazu 05-03-2022 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 16280337)
Don't mean to be a downer, but Ross has Klippel-Feil syndrome. It is more complicated than just having a surgery to fix it.

The NCAA let him play with it after his surgery. Haven't heard anybody even imply that there was some special NFL clearance required. Chiefs medical staff could I suppose see something they don't like.

louie aguiar 05-03-2022 10:34 AM

This is a move without downside since they didn't invest a draft pick. I'm not getting my hopes up, though, that he will have much of an NFL career. He really struggled to get any separation last year. He didn't look like the same receiver from 2018/19. Maybe it's due to the foot injury or maybe it's due to the congenital bone condition.

Skyy God 05-03-2022 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FringeNC (Post 16280337)

Veach said 1) team docs are on the conservative side, 2) he doesn’t overrule them and 3) they cleared Ross.

They did ok on Trey Smith so far too.

saphojunkie 05-03-2022 12:23 PM

I wonder if he'll go to IR, sit with the playbook for a year, make sure he's good to go, and come back in 23.

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05-03-2022 12:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cave Johnson (Post 16280655)
Veach said 1) team docs are on the conservative side, 2) he doesn’t overrule them and 3) they cleared Ross.

They did ok on Trey Smith so far too.

What I’ve been trying to tell everyone. Rick is the best in the league

Dunerdr 05-03-2022 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by saphojunkie (Post 16280663)
I wonder if he'll go to IR, sit with the playbook for a year, make sure he's good to go, and come back in 23.

NFI i would think. I'd be all for a redshirt. See if he can get healthier. Even though hes "cleared to play" it doesnt mean hes 100% he could just be pushing it trying to make a team. I would for a shot at generational wealth.

kccrow 05-03-2022 04:38 PM

I'm so ****ing sick of RAS.

For starters, the metric is completely asinine. Great, it measures overall athleticism. I don't ****ing care. There are metrics that matter at each position and metrics that don't.

Then, there's the whole thing called my ****ing eyeballs. Can the guy run routes? Can he catch in traffic and win 50/50 balls? Does he catch with his hands? Does he drop the ball too much? Et cetera..........

Ross is quick and fluid in/out of his breaks for a WR his size. He creates separation. He finds soft spots. He catches with his hands and he wins in traffic. He runs good routes. He had plenty of speed to regularly beat the guy across from him. He still posted over 11 yards per catch playing on a Jones fracture the entire season last year.

He fell off the charts over medicals, period. Nobody gives two ****s about his RAS score. He's fine. He's got his shot to make it through camp.

ToxSocks 05-03-2022 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16281095)

For starters, the metric is completely asinine. Great, it measures overall athleticism. I don't ****ing care. There are metrics that matter at each position and metrics that don't.

Then, there's the whole thing called my ****ing eyeballs. Can the guy run routes? Can he catch in traffic and win 50/50 balls? Does he catch with his hands? Does he drop the ball too much? Et cetera..........

Ross is quick and fluid in/out of his breaks for a WR his size. He creates separation. He finds soft spots. He catches with his hands and he wins in traffic. He runs good routes. He had plenty of speed to regularly beat the guy across from him. He still posted over 11 yards per catch playing on a Jones fracture the entire season last year.

He fell off the charts over medicals, period. Nobody gives two ****s about his RAS score. He's fine. He's got his shot to make it through camp.

Yeah but have you seen his RAS score?

kccrow 05-03-2022 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Detoxing (Post 16281096)
Yeah but have you seen his RAS score?

ROFL

Kiimo 05-03-2022 04:53 PM

I like RAS. It's fun

Iconic 05-03-2022 05:04 PM

He has already been medically cleared and ran through all the tests by KCs staff. There isn't any sitting around on IR for this kid. He's getting his shot and as insane as it may sound I am 100% certain he's making the roster. I mean his stiffest competition is literally JAG Coleman, a washed 31 year old Gordon, and a bunch of practice squaders.

ToxSocks 05-03-2022 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Iconic (Post 16281119)
He has already been medically cleared and ran through all the tests by KCs staff. There isn't any sitting around on IR for this kid. He's getting his shot and as insane as it may sound I am 100% certain he's making the roster. I mean his stiffest competition is literally JAG Coleman, a washed 31 year old Gordon, and a bunch of practice squaders.

Keep doubting Gehrig mother****ing Dieter.

Red Dawg 05-03-2022 05:18 PM

He ran very slow lately. Maybe he will heal up.

Hog's Gone Fishin 05-03-2022 05:27 PM

Quote:

If by some chance he makes the roster and he's fully healthy and he's able to perform to his abilities , then our WR roster will be ****ing awesome!

Skyy God 05-03-2022 05:27 PM

Quote:

Coleman, Gordon, and a 26 year old Fountain.

I’m sure the Chiefs hope he’s their WR5.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...th-chiefs/amp/

Coochie liquor 05-03-2022 05:51 PM

Quote:

The only Ras I like, is Ras Tafari! Wah Gwaan!

saphojunkie 05-03-2022 05:52 PM

I don’t understand why people complain about RAS. I mean, it’s nothing we haven’t always cited. It’s just an aggregate score of the things they do at the combine. Of course there is more to it. That’s always been true for everyone except Al Davis.

xztop123 05-03-2022 05:58 PM

This is immmedietly one of the bigger wrs in the nfl. He’s drake londons size

Hopefully he can stick. Not sure about him vs Gordon. Who will get the nod.

RealSNR 05-03-2022 06:02 PM

There is no way any professional scout or front office team gives a single squirrel fart about RAS. When they're compiling data about each prospect, I seriously doubt that's a number in a box they're filling in.

Skyy God 05-03-2022 06:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xztop123 (Post 16281148)
This is immmedietly one of the bigger wrs in the nfl. He’s drake londons size

Hopefully he can stick. Not sure about him vs Gordon. Who will get the nod.

London has 15 lbs on Ross.

Chiefs FO gives zero ****s about Gordon.

chiefzilla1501 05-03-2022 06:11 PM

Quote:

I'm skeptical but excited about the possibilities. If he's in this good of shape i don't see teams passing on him for 7 rounds. But I'll optimistically hold my breath knowing there's nothing to lose with trying

Sassy Squatch 05-03-2022 06:15 PM

LMAO Like Josh ****ing Gordon makes a lick of difference. I guess if Ross can't beat him out then his career is well and truly ****ed, but that's the only worthwhile barometer Josh Gordon provides.

RustShack 05-03-2022 07:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RealSNR (Post 16281149)
There is no way any professional scout or front office team gives a single squirrel fart about RAS. When they're compiling data about each prospect, I seriously doubt that's a number in a box they're filling in.

I mean they probably do glance at it these days. Even if they don’t, they look at literally every number factored into it plus some anyways.

Titty Meat 05-03-2022 07:13 PM

Quote:

I told you a few months ago it would be used like PFF. No idea about a player? Just use some shitty metric rating to make your argument credible

RunKC 05-03-2022 07:19 PM

Juju
MVS
Hardman
Skyy
Powell
Ross

Gordon and Coleman had their chance. Best player between them can join Deiter on the practice squad…maybe

PurpleJesus28 05-03-2022 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 16281225)
Juju
MVS
Hardman
Skyy
Powell
Ross

Gordon and Coleman had their chance. Best player between them can join Deiter on the practice squad…maybe

I wonder what Powell can even bring after having a full year not playing.Also with Skyy,i always hear how hard it is for receivers to learn Reids offense,but i hope they have some things in mind for him right away,i'm sure they do.

BossChief 05-03-2022 07:53 PM

Nobody loves these lottery tickets more than Veach.

NOBODY.

I bet the final WR spot is a battle between Ross and his former teammate Powell.

BleedingRed 05-03-2022 07:58 PM

I don’t think Gordon’s getting cut.

BuckeyeTheDog 05-03-2022 08:02 PM

Powell sucks balls as a WR.

Ross is a great argument for NIL in college. After that freshman year, the kid should have been PAID.

I would line up the best doctors to give Ross the best shot possible. I just don’t see it right now.

UChieffyBugger 05-03-2022 08:11 PM

IF this move pays off and Ross realises his potential then we're talking about one of the greatest moves in NFL history here and would just add more layers to Veach's legacy.

We're gonna have to be patient as a fanbase with this and take it step by step.

1. Let's see how this rookie mini camp goes and what the reports are from there.

2. Hopefully he'll put in some work with Pat after that camp just like the other receivers have

3. If he makes through the early period with no issues then it will be time for OTA's where again like the mini camp we will see how he does. The main thing during these early stages Is just making sure his physical health is in top shape..I won't be worried about performance at this point.

4. Then the real camp will start and this is where everything comes into play. If he's way down the depth chart that's fine...just keep building his health and giving him those reps.

5. And in the middle of camp is where I hope to see everything come together leading up to the first pre-season game and onwards.

6. Then it's the first pre-season game and getting through this from a health a perspective Is the number one goal.

If those things are accomplished then he should be well on his way to progressing up the ladder.

As for his 40 time..apparently he wasn't fully healthy which is what happened to Keenan Allen when he ran a 4.70 time so I'm not worried about it tbh. Hell even Jerry Rice ran a 4.70 aswell.

duncan_idaho 05-03-2022 08:12 PM

For Ross, I think the question for me is more if his burst comes back. He didn't look as explosive planting and cutting this year as he did as a freshman. You love the size and hands strength and high-point skills. If he can get back a little of that juice (and maybe it really was the foot holding him back), he can have a good NFL career, with good health.

Sometimes, guys' bodies just can't hang on. One of my favorite college players ever was like that (Danario Alexander). Dude was actually better than Jeremy Maclin, IMO, but his knees just couldn't stay clean.

Couch-Potato 05-03-2022 08:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 16281289)
For Ross, I think the question for me is more if his burst comes back. He didn't look as explosive planting and cutting this year as he did as a freshman. You love the size and hands strength and high-point skills. If he can get back a little of that juice (and maybe it really was the foot holding him back), he can have a good NFL career, with good health.

Sometimes, guys' bodies just can't hang on. One of my favorite college players ever was like that (Danario Alexander). Dude was actually better than Jeremy Maclin, IMO, but his knees just couldn't stay clean.

He played last season with a broken foot.

kccrow 05-03-2022 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BleedingRed (Post 16281272)
I don’t think Gordon’s getting cut.

I didn't until we signed Ross. If Ross beats Gordon out, he's gone IMO. Same goes if Coleman can turn it around. They'll keep the 6th spot for a special teams guy. I'd keep my eyes on Watson for that last spot.

I'm going with

Roster 53
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Mecole Hardman
Skyy Moore
Justyn Ross
Justin Watson

Practice Squad
Daurice Fountain
Cornell Powell

Pitt Gorilla 05-03-2022 08:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 16281289)

** recruit Denario Alexander.

Couch-Potato 05-03-2022 09:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16281327)
I didn't until we signed Ross. If Ross beats Gordon out, he's gone IMO. Same goes if Coleman can turn it around. They'll keep the 6th spot for a special teams guy. I'd keep my eyes on Watson for that last spot.

I'm going with

Roster 53
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Mecole Hardman
Skyy Moore
Justyn Ross
Justin Watson

Practice Squad
Daurice Fountain
Cornell Powell

Add OBJ and we could be electric! OBJ and Ross on the outside, JuJu and Moore at slot, MVS and Hardman as deep threats.

BossChief 05-03-2022 09:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PurpleJesus28 (Post 16281244)
I wonder what Powell can even bring after having a full year not playing.Also with Skyy,i always hear how hard it is for receivers to learn Reids offense,but i hope they have some things in mind for him right away,i'm sure they do.

He’s going to return kicks (maybe punts, too.) and they will utilize him on offense more and Moore as the season starts to take shape and he builds timing with Mahomes and trust of his coaches.

This WR group has a chance to be NASTY.

*Moore is going to be a damn stud that gets open, catches the ball and runs like a running back when he has the ball in his hands.
*Juju is a really good possession WR
*MVS is a top level deep threat
*Hardman can take a short throw to the house and improved a lot towards the end of the year on timing on intermediate and deep throws
*Ross was a dominant 1 when he was healthy. He might have been a first rounder if he didn’t have the spinal/foot issues.
*Powell might surprise everyone.
*Josh Gordon has had time in the system and might want to go out with a bang.

That’s a very talented WR room for Pat to work with…especially considering what he had last year.

Hill
Hardman
Gordon
Robinson
Pringle

BossChief 05-03-2022 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 16281416)
Add OBJ and we could be electric! OBJ and Ross on the outside, JuJu and Moore at slot, MVS and Hardman as deep threats.

They don’t need another WR.

Veach has done a masterful job of overhauling the position, similarly to how he overhauled the OL last year.

These guys are all very talented and will be giving it all they’ve got to earn snaps over each other.

Iconic 05-03-2022 10:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefzilla1501 (Post 16281155)
I'm skeptical but excited about the possibilities. If he's in this good of shape i don't see teams passing on him for 7 rounds. But I'll optimistically hold my breath knowing there's nothing to lose with trying

Veach mentioned specifically that KU and KCs own staff had checked Ross out and given the green light. So sounds like a lot of that due diligence was done AFTER the draft rather than before which would explain why no one drafted him, even in the 7th. Also accounts for the day long lag between the draft and him getting signed with him being turned into a lab rat by teams' doctors to get cleared.

We kind of got lucky that Veach is Veach and kept in contact with Ross's agent, and that yenno- we have the best ****ing QB/HC combo in the league so any WR looking for a fighting chance would pack their bags and come running.

Man I am way too excited for training camp. First time I'll ever say that.

Simply Red 05-03-2022 11:23 PM

my buddy in NC was congratulating me over and over as if I had won the lottery - so yeah - I guess that is good.

But also - I freaking knew it.

KC Hawks 05-03-2022 11:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Simply Red (Post 16281528)
my buddy in NC was congratulating me over and over as if I had won the lottery - so yeah - I guess that is good.

But also - I freaking knew it.

I knew it that you knew it!!

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05-03-2022 11:29 PM

Yea Ross is making this team. Your WRs will be Juju, Mecole, MVS, Moore, Ross, Gordon

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Interesting James mentions Justyn Ross in the same sentence as JuJu, MVS, Moore, Hardman when talking about the new receiving room. <a href="https://t.co/5QkPzhUaOS">https://t.co/5QkPzhUaOS</a></p>&mdash; The Reid Option (@ReidOptionKC) <a href="https://twitter.com/ReidOptionKC/status/1521559946999046144?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">May 3, 2022</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05-03-2022 11:30 PM

I told everyone Ross will contribute this year! He will be a top 5 WR in this league by the time his contract is up. He’s a stud

Rainbarrel 05-04-2022 03:15 AM

If someone was injured on the practice squad. Would you hear about it, other than an injury settlement? It has to happen

JPH83 05-04-2022 04:38 AM

The sensible part of me says there are thousands of guys who get multiple injuries far less severe and never make it back, and there are plenty of good players who wash out.

But the idiot part of me, which is at least 90%, can't help think maybe. I mean if I'm a betting man, I'm probably not betting on him making the roster. But if he does...

I was watching his tape from last year and admittedly it's his highlights. First time I thought "the burst isn't there". The second time I thought "he's doing that with a broken foot". If he heals, he has to be better than Powell and Coleman. I know it's a big IF but I'm prepared to make a fool of myself again. Could you imagine - maybe he's on the PS to heal up, learn the playbook. Comes in next year? I dunno. If he became a Hardman-esque productive player it is an unreal pick up.

Couch-Potato 05-04-2022 08:31 AM

I think the WR Room looks like this:

Roster 53
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Mecole Hardman
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Skyy Moore
Justyn Ross
Josh Gordon

Practice Squad
Daurice Fountain
Cornell Powell

But, personally, I would love to replace Hardman with OBJ and see our WR grow into...

OBJ = Primary Outside Reciever
Moore = Primary Slot Reciever
JuJu = Secondary Slot & Possession Reciever
Ross = Secondary Outside Reciever
MVS = Deep Threat
Gordon = Depth

...has a lot more upside and feels 100% complete, add in Kelce and we can beat you from ANY angle.

TEX 05-04-2022 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 16281791)
I think the WR Room looks like this:

Roster 53
JuJu Smith-Schuster
Mecole Hardman
Marquez Valdes-Scantling
Skyy Moore
Justyn Ross
Josh Gordon

Practice Squad
Daurice Fountain
Cornell Powell

But, personally, I would love to replace Hardman with OBJ and see our WR grow into...

OBJ = Primary Outside Reciever
Moore = Primary Slot Reciever
JuJu = Secondary Slot & Possession Reciever
Ross = Secondary Outside Reciever
MVS = Deep Threat
Gordon = Depth

...has a lot more upside and feels 100% complete, add in Kelce and we can beat you from ANY angle.

Glad you're not GM.

Dunerdr 05-04-2022 08:52 AM

I hate that Mahomo and Uchieffy bugger are tanking this guys career just by loving him.

duncan_idaho 05-04-2022 12:14 PM

Hard to make your roster work when none of your WRs are special teams players. I can't see Ross AND Gordon being active. That lost spot is going to go to someone who plays specials, I think.

Regarding Ross, here's question I thought was interesting:

If Ross had stayed healthy, how does he compare to Drake London?

London is a little bigger, but other than that, very similar players, right?

If KC is convinced he is back to health and will stay that way, Ross COULD really be a huge breakout guy.

Mecca 05-04-2022 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 16282129)
Hard to make your roster work when none of your WRs are special teams players. I can't see Ross AND Gordon being active. That lost spot is going to go to someone who plays specials, I think.

If KC is convinced he is back to health and will stay that way, Ross COULD really be a huge breakout guy.

Drake London is probably one of the 5 slowest WRs in the NFL already. I've seen a ton of him and there's just not speed there.

BigCatDaddy 05-04-2022 12:26 PM

Even if he is just Byron Pringle you win here.

duncan_idaho 05-04-2022 12:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mecca (Post 16282149)
Drake London is probably one of the 5 slowest WRs in the NFL already. I've seen a ton of him and there's just not speed there.

I don't think Ross is a speed merchant, either. At his best, he and London "WON" in similar ways. Size/physicality/positioning, plus just a little bit more quickness than you'd expect from a receiver that big.

Dunerdr 05-04-2022 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 16282176)
I don't think Ross is a speed merchant, either. At his best, he and London "WON" in similar ways. Size/physicality/positioning, plus just a little bit more quickness than you'd expect from a receiver that big.

He reportedly ran a 4.63 coming off a foot fracture. What if that is just his speed? Theres a way to win with a 4.6 time.

Dunerdr 05-04-2022 01:10 PM

In case anyone missed it
As for why Ross went undrafted in the 2022 NFL draft, there were a lot of unknowns for him during the course of the process. He tested poorly relative to expectations at the Clemson pro day, with a 31.5-inch vertical, a 116-inch broad jump and a 4.63 40-yard dash time

Couch-Potato 05-04-2022 03:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by duncan_idaho (Post 16282129)

Let's let Ealy or Pochenko play return specialist, doesn't have to be a WR.

In58men 05-04-2022 03:22 PM

Did we get better after losing Tyreek?

On paper, seems like we did. Sheesh.

duncan_idaho 05-04-2022 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dunerdr (Post 16282219)
He reportedly ran a 4.63 coming off a foot fracture. What if that is just his speed? Theres a way to win with a 4.6 time.

There is, for sure. That's about what Drake London runs. I'm not sure A.J. Green is more than a 4.6 guy these days.

He looked faster than that before all the injuries, though. At least his initial burst. His 2021 highlights look like a lot different guy now.

I think you can dream on him recovering a little speed an initial burst as he gets farther from the foot recovery.