ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Free Agents (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=352442)

JPH83 02-23-2024 11:58 AM

I don't like Mooney, got to be honest. I'd prefer Samuel or Brown at that price

MahomesMagic 02-23-2024 12:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPH83 (Post 17415014)
I don't like Mooney, got to be honest. I'd prefer Samuel or Brown at that price

I love Samuel. Would be happy with him too but then you have Samuel and Rice would need to find ways to make it work while Mooney or Hollywood are more naturally complimentary.

I would not be against Samuel though, great player at what he does.

Couch-Potato 02-23-2024 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Woogieman (Post 17414941)
What do you think Ekeler would accept per yr to play for the Chiefs? How much of a SB discount would he accept at 28?

$6m

Chargem 02-23-2024 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 17413180)
Let's play Madden pretend land for a minute... entertain me...

So the Vikings need to retain Kirk Cousins and re-sign some defensive pieces if they want to contend for the next few years. After Jordan Addison popped off for nearly 1k as a rookie, let's just say they are willing to entertain the idea of trading Justin Jefferson. Since they would be trading us and our picks are lower than Miami's were when we trade Hill, and he's probably more valuable than Tyreek Hill, let's say the trade needs to be this:

2024 1st Rd Pick
2025 1st Rd Pick
2024 3rd Rd Pick
2025 4th Rd Pick

It's alot but it's for a guy that just might be the best WR in the game.

Keep in mind you aren't likely to be retaining Sneed either. Would you do it to go all-in on a Super Bowl?

Maybe I am my own but I am just not excited about this kind of idea. One elite WR does not move the needle for me. The Chiefs had a single elite WR in Tyreek (paired with a younger Kelce) and went 1-3 in attempts to win the Superbowl from 2018 - 2021.

I just prefer balance, especially with how this WR class looks.

Couch-Potato 02-23-2024 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 17415431)
Maybe I am my own but I am just not excited about this kind of idea. One elite WR does not move the needle for me. The Chiefs had a single elite WR in Tyreek (paired with a younger Kelce) and went 1-3 in attempts to win the Superbowl from 2018 - 2021.

I just prefer balance, especially with how this WR class looks.

BUT we also have Rice now, AND we can take a higher quality WR than typical at the bottom of the 1st or 2nd considering we have very few holes on our SB roster.

If there's ever a time to make a splash and go for broke, it's now!

Chargem 02-23-2024 03:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Couch-Potato (Post 17415440)
BUT we also have Rice now, AND we can take a higher quality WR than typical at the bottom of the 1st or 2nd considering we have very few holes on our SB roster.

If there's ever a time to make a splash and go for broke, it's now!

We had Sammy Watkins, and a younger/healthier Kelce. Plus in the example I quoted, we don't have a 1st round pick any more.

People are horny for a number 1 receiver and I get it, but the suggestions are just taking us back to where we were before, having a #1 is not some way the Chiefs are going to break the league. They got held to 3 points by the Titans with Tyreek and Kelce on the field in 2021.

I agree with you about the draft, which is why I would not trade our #1 pick this year.

Couch-Potato 02-23-2024 07:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chargem (Post 17415454)
We had Sammy Watkins, and a younger/healthier Kelce. Plus in the example I quoted, we don't have a 1st round pick any more.

People are horny for a number 1 receiver and I get it, but the suggestions are just taking us back to where we were before, having a #1 is not some way the Chiefs are going to break the league. They got held to 3 points by the Titans with Tyreek and Kelce on the field in 2021.

I agree with you about the draft, which is why I would not trade our #1 pick this year.

I think the difference for me is that we have significantly more cap flexibility now, the cap is going up more and more every season and veach is a creative contract wizard, as well as incentive to go for broke considering we'd be the first 3-peat in the modern era.

Roster is A+ we just need a cherry on top!

RunKC 02-23-2024 07:57 PM

Mooney seems like a pretty decent player to replace MVS but I don't see the $10 millon APY figure. He had 1 TD and like 400 yards this year. Less than 500 and only 2 TD's the year before that.

His value isn't that high. I'm thinking probably $7-8 million APY is fair value for him.

RunKC 02-23-2024 09:31 PM

Holy shit this is pretty damning.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Wide receivers to fetch $30M+ with a new team in free agency 2016-2023 <a href="https://t.co/l91rN1OCGv">pic.twitter.com/l91rN1OCGv</a></p>&mdash; Ian Hartitz (@Ihartitz) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ihartitz/status/1760792010263273518?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 22, 2024</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Couch-Potato 02-23-2024 11:26 PM

MSN:

18. Chiefs: OT Tyron Smith
The Chiefs took a one-year flyer on Donovan Smith at left tackle in 2023, and it worked just well enough. Smith is far more talented, even with an injury history, and makes sense as another stopgap blind-side protector for Patrick Mahomes.

Couch-Potato 02-23-2024 11:34 PM

MSN:

18. Chiefs: OT Tyron Smith
The Chiefs took a one-year flyer on Donovan Smith at left tackle in 2023, and it worked just well enough. Smith is far more talented, even with an injury history, and makes sense as another stopgap blind-side protector for Patrick Mahomes.

Chargem 02-24-2024 03:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RunKC (Post 17415703)
Mooney seems like a pretty decent player to replace MVS but I don't see the $10 millon APY figure. He had 1 TD and like 400 yards this year. Less than 500 and only 2 TD's the year before that.

His value isn't that high. I'm thinking probably $7-8 million APY is fair value for him.

I feel like I might be stealing someone else's suggestion, but Mooney getting the Juju contract would be great. 1 year deal, 4m plus incentives that could be 10m total

O.city 02-24-2024 10:23 AM

Tyron is really good he’s just hurt a lot and he’s old

Couch-Potato 02-24-2024 11:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 17416099)
Tyron is really good he’s just hurt a lot and he’s old

So... we only need him to play 1 partial year, Morris has proved he can fill in.

Get Tyron healthy for playoffs and SB run.

Dunerdr 02-24-2024 11:59 AM

Ogbah is cut by the dolphins. Bring him in for the right price to bridge the gap while we wait for CO?