ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Nzoner's Game Room (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=1)
-   -   Chiefs Another top WR prospect working out with Mahomes today (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=348422)

O.city 04-19-2023 10:24 AM

Seems a little smokescreenie too.

Mecca 04-19-2023 10:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16908244)
Guess we'll see if a mysterious video of Zay Flowers in a gas mask appears before the draft.

If he yells out anything about a gas chamber you know what he's trying to do.

notorious 04-19-2023 10:25 AM

Remember that Veach like bargain WRs.

This visit isn’t for the draft, it’s research for the future when his draft team lets him go and the Chiefs scoop him up.

IowaHawkeyeChief 04-19-2023 10:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16908181)
I'm starting to get the feeling that the Chiefs are going to trade up for a WR like they did with McDuffie.

or they are feigning interest in a WR, so when they move up, it's for a Tackle instead which may help them jump some other teams...

staylor26 04-19-2023 10:30 AM

I don't think the Chiefs would be doing this just for a smoke screen. They could just as easily leak that they love Flowers or Johnston.

I just think they want to go WR in round 1 and are doing their homework on all of the top 4-5 guys.

Old Dog 04-19-2023 10:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16908203)
Five bucks says this is a topic next offseason and isn't allowed anymore.

I'd take that action...it'd be too hard to enforce IMO

The Franchise 04-19-2023 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IowaHawkeyeChief (Post 16908259)
or they are feigning interest in a WR, so when they move up, it's for a Tackle instead which may help them jump some other teams...

Are you talking about trading into the top 20 or trading up a couple of spots? Because I would bet money this team isn't trading into the top 20 for a RT.

Mecca 04-19-2023 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by staylor26 (Post 16908264)
I don't think the Chiefs would be doing this just for a smoke screen. They could just as easily leak that they love Flowers or Johnston.

I just think they want to go WR in round 1 and are doing their homework on all of the top 4-5 guys.

It's interesting because if you buy into the news stuff, Johnston could be there, basically no one thinks Flowers will be. There are people that have Flowers as high as NE.

Mecca 04-19-2023 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16908270)
Are you talking about trading into the top 20 or trading up a couple of spots? Because I would bet money this team isn't trading into the top 20 for a RT.

Broderick Jones is the only one I'd consider trading for and that would also take him falling.

Dante84 04-19-2023 10:33 AM

Compare our treatment of Mahomes against Green Bay’s approach with Rodgers.

Veach & Reid clearly value his input and desire alignment with him.

kcbubb 04-19-2023 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by notorious (Post 16908251)
Remember that Veach like bargain WRs.

This visit isn’t for the draft, it’s research for the future when his draft team lets him go and the Chiefs scoop him up.

I hope so. We don’t need any more Smurf wrs. Flowers is 5’9”? We need some wrs to play outside and be able to handle press coverage. The wr would have have to be absolutely electric for me to want a little guy. I’d rather have Gibbs and convert him to wr than take any of the small wrs in this class.

Mecca 04-19-2023 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 16908275)
I hope so. We don’t need any more Smurf wrs. Flowers is 5’9”? We need some wrs to play outside and be able to handle press coverage. The wr would have have to be absolutely electric for me to want a little guy. I’d rather have Gibbs and convert him to wr than take any of the small wrs in this class.

He's just barely under 5'10, he's Antonio Brown size. He also has a ton of film of him beating all sorts of coverage, using his moves, being awesome in the open field all while being the only guy on his team worth a shit.

Mecca 04-19-2023 10:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dante84 (Post 16908274)
Compare our treatment of Mahomes against Green Bay’s approach with Rodgers.

Veach & Reid clearly value his input and desire alignment with him.

Green Bay literally told Rodgers to go **** himself when he offered his input.

MahomesMagic 04-19-2023 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Franchise (Post 16908181)
I'm starting to get the feeling that the Chiefs are going to trade up for a WR like they did with McDuffie.

I've been thinking that for a while now.

There is no way Veach is depending on the current WR's on the roster without adding a high draft choice that they like.

Tribal Warfare 04-19-2023 10:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 16908275)

Hence Dalton Kincaid/Darnell Washington could be there true target for a reciever