ChiefsPlanet

ChiefsPlanet (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/index.php)
-   Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Trade up options (https://www.chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=343304)

CupidStunt 04-06-2022 05:53 AM

I'm down for trading up, but doing so for a non-QB, you BETTER hit because that's a lot of capital. The one trade that always sticks in my mind is the Saints for Davenport, which was ****ing wild.

On the other hand, I also remember the Falcons trading a haul for Julio Jones, and I thought it was worth it at the time. He just screamed alpha dominance to me.

In this draft? For the types of guys we're talking about? No, I wouldn't wanna ship two 1s tbh. I'm 100% down with a 2nd and some change to move up whatever it takes for the better WR/DE, rather than just hoping and praying the 5th-ranked guy falls or whatever.

kccrow 04-06-2022 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupidStunt (Post 16234969)
I'm down for trading up, but doing so for a non-QB, you BETTER hit because that's a lot of capital. The one trade that always sticks in my mind is the Saints for Davenport, which was ****ing wild.

On the other hand, I also remember the Falcons trading a haul for Julio Jones, and I thought it was worth it at the time. He just screamed alpha dominance to me.

In this draft? For the types of guys we're talking about? No, I wouldn't wanna ship two 1s tbh. I'm 100% down with a 2nd and some change to move up whatever it takes for the better WR/DE, rather than just hoping and praying the 5th-ranked guy falls or whatever.

The price is likely steep if you're talking DE. Just about everyone on the planet assumes the top 4 DEs are gone at 15. To get to 14 would take 29, 50, and a future 5th at minimum. I surely like Jermaine Johnson more than George Karlaftis but giving up 50 is going to be a tough sell around here.

I'm not giving shit up for any WRs. There's not a transcendent talent worth dumping that kind of capital for.

htismaqe 04-06-2022 10:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kccrow (Post 16235404)
The price is likely steep if you're talking DE. Just about everyone on the planet assumes the top 4 DEs are gone at 15. To get to 14 would take 29, 50, and a future 5th at minimum. I surely like Jermaine Johnson more than George Karlaftis but giving up 50 is going to be a tough sell around here.

I'm not giving shit up for any WRs. There's not a transcendent talent worth dumping that kind of capital for.

Exactly.

kcbubb 04-06-2022 04:42 PM

Jermaine Johnson is impressive. And a ten yard split of 1.55. Wow.

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-06-2022 05:19 PM

Didn't Calvin Johnson Retire ?

Hog's Gone Fishin 04-06-2022 05:25 PM

Guess what guys. The QB makes the receiver. The receiver does not make the QB. Veach is signing everybody to 1 year deals because he is building through the draft . You can expect Veach to make his pick at 29 and trade 30 for more picks.

GloucesterChief 04-06-2022 05:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin (Post 16236089)
Guess what guys. The QB makes the receiver. The receiver does not make the QB. Veach is signing everybody to 1 year deals because he is building through the draft . You can expect Veach to make his pick at 29 and trade 30 for more picks.

I am thinking a QB needy team like Detroit will trade back into the 1st to get a 5th year on a QB like Howell.

DJ's left nut 04-06-2022 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by O.city (Post 16234152)
Credit to Pest in the lounge.

Would you give up next years 1 and 29 to get up high enough to take Johnson?

No.

Pests plan sucks.

Chief Northman 04-06-2022 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DJ's left nut (Post 16236134)
No.

Pests plan sucks.

No ****ing way KC trades their 2023 1st when hosting the draft..

Coogs 04-06-2022 06:43 PM

Am I missing something with Johnson? He looks okay, but nothing special for this being a highlight video.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bXqvbNGRcxY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

SAGA45 04-06-2022 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stryker (Post 16234695)
In this scenario, at 11, you would possibly have these players on the board...

Chris Olave
Derek Stingley, Jr.
Charles Cross
Jermaine Johnson II
Trent McDuffie
Jameson Williams
Devin Llloyd
Jordan Davis
Nakobe Dean
Jahan Dotson
Treylon Burks
George Karlafis
Andrew Booth Jr.
Devonte Wyatt

Who would you take? Jermaine Johnson II for me.

It'd piss off the fanbase but I'd take Cross, fully confident I can land a quality EDGE or two later on.

poolboy 04-06-2022 09:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kcbubb (Post 16236043)
Jermaine Johnson is impressive. And a ten yard split of 1.55. Wow.

and the only guy worth trading up for but the price might be too steep

JPH83 04-07-2022 12:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coogs (Post 16236197)
Am I missing something with Johnson? He looks okay, but nothing special for this being a highlight video.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bXqvbNGRcxY" title="YouTube video player" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

He's very good imo, but people have lost their minds over him and basically rejecting all other trade ups.

Coogs 04-07-2022 04:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPH83 (Post 16236449)
He's very good imo, but people have lost their minds over him and basically rejecting all other trade ups.

I was expecting more for a highlight video. Against ND, he looks slow off the snap. Maybe it's the scheme. Read and react or something. There are three running plays in the film where he is unblocked. Not hard to shine in those. Against Boston College and Jacksonville State, he looks the best, but not sure those Tackles he was going against were very good at all.

But then again, he is not being talked about as the #1 overall pick in the draft, but maybe the 4th or 5th DE off the board. Just not sure I am seeing enough to spend a ton of draft capital to move up to 11-13 range to get him.

Hopefully it is just the scheme that makes him look tentative off the snap at times.

Couch-Potato 04-07-2022 05:21 AM

If Thibodeaux or Walker falls past #10, sure I'd consider it. If Johnson or Karliftas falls to around #20, also probably game. As mentioned above, I'm not sure you spend a bunch of picks to grab the 5th best DE in the draft, needs to be a for-certain impact player to spend big or the right price to spend smart.